I've been lied to my whole life playing the gimped PAL version of MGS1 that runs at like 70% of the games speed...

I've been lied to my whole life playing the gimped PAL version of MGS1 that runs at like 70% of the games speed. I now want to purchase the NTSC version of the game and I'm basically looking for confirmation of whether or not this will work.

I buy a gift card on g2a, validate it on my US psn account and then buy it? Will I run into any hassles beyond this or will it work?

youtu.be/J9Q4f3H3A-E?t=414
>6:55
This is straight up atrocious, while the gameplay isn't synced very well, just look at the difference in the speed. I always felt like MGS1 was a very clunky game and now I know why, because all the inputs and the gameplay is running at fucking 70% of the speed, jesus christ.

Attached: metal gear solid pal ntsc.jpg (1200x511, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.playstation.com/en-us/home/games
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

anybody that has tried this? I don't know if it still works, I know it did many years ago.

FUCKING COME ON

WAnna know this too many

Don't see why it wouldn't work.

Strangely MGS1 is still one of the better PAL versions of PS1 games. Some of them were fucking awful, especially Square's games.

It will work.

Nigga just emulate it Beetle PSX/Mednafen is better than Sony's PSone Classics emulator anyway and you won't have to jump through all those retarded hoops.

yeah just emulate

there's also a PC port

Attached: 1351474300078.png (560x407, 12K)

ps1 emulation seems like such a pain to get running
I want the game to look like it looked on ps1 though, I don't want to fancy it up, I want it to look true to the original, how much of a pain is it to get that working?

The only pain is your stubborn brain

The default settings of that particular emulator run in native resolution with dithering just like the real PS1, all it requires is downloading the emulator and loading the game.

which emulator do you recommend for that? Beetle PSX or Mednafen?

The emulator I've used before is PCSX and that one was a fucking ass to get running with the various plug-ins and bios required.

Yeah 50hz fucking sucks. I started importing all my shit after I saw my mate's US SNES.

So long as you have US currency you're good to go. I have about 20 or so PSone games on my PS3 and they all run great.

Be wary of problems if you're trying to play US games on a UK PS3 via CRT, since the UK PS3 literally can't run a SD 60hz signal. You won't have problems with HDMI though.

Attached: MetalGear035.jpg (827x1226, 217K)

So you can absolutely verify that if I buy that 10 dollar gift card on g2a, and sign into my US psn account, validate it I can then buy MGS1 no issues?

I'll be playing it on a normal lcd tv with hdmi.

Beetle PSX is Mednafen, they're the same emulator. It also doesn't require any plugin fuckery, though by default it's command-line driven but that shouldn't be a problem if you're not a brainlet.

This is will ALL PAL games. Eurocucks got the inferior experience and I'm loving every laugh.

>and I'm loving every laugh.
why? what do you gain from this?

There is absolutely no reason why that should not work, because it's exactly what I did.

Bear in mind that this was like ten years ago, but I don't think Sony has implemented any region-locking policies since.

Attached: 1215404604598.jpg (512x683, 76K)

I can't checkout even tho I have 9.99 on my account. how do I actually buy the game using my wallet money? It says I have 10 bucks on my psn but I don't know how to finalize the purchase.

what a fucking joke, I have to spend another 10 bucks just to get this purchase through. If this doesn't work I'm gonna fucking kill something

Attached: fuck this.jpg (345x297, 21K)

Are you trying to buy it through the PS3 or the website

store.playstation.com/en-us/home/games

I find the latter is better because the former runs like shit

STUPID eurocuck

I'm going to try again now, I have 20 dollars on my account now. If it doesn't work, I just wasted 20 bucks on nothing.

Please work.

worked, turns out that tax bonus fucked me over. Had to spend another fucking 10 to get the game.

oh well, guess I can buy the VR Missions now too.

just google psx emulator, it's called "psx" and all you have to do is open the iso thru it. that's it.

Good work soldier

Enjoy a great game the way it was designed instead of the bastardised retard version that was unwittingly sold to us

Attached: 1237627650183.jpg (450x530, 174K)

I can't wait to get a feel for it at the intended speed. MGS1 is one of my favorite games of all time, and I felt so like gutted finding out that the PAL version sucked as badly as it did.

It always felt so clunky to me, even though I loved the game, it just felt slow and sluggish. Going to be exciting feeling the game at its intended speed for once. I'll probably do a hard playthrough.

PAL key?

holy shit already noticing a huge difference, played for about 10 minutes, then booted up my PAL version and wow... just the very first area, it's so fucking sluggish on pal.

Responsiveness, smoothness, challenge and aspect ratio all took a hit with the vast majority of 50hz games. Once you know and feel the difference it's impossible to go back.

Attached: DSC00116.jpg (1280x960, 316K)

It still seems like I can play the NTSC bought version of the game on my main (EU) psn account, though. It didn't warn me about anytihng as I booted it up. Can you verify this as well? that no weird shit is going on as I do this.

And yes, it does seem like the PAL version of mgs1 is higher resolution, but I'll take responsiveness and performance over that any fucking day, this plays so much better.

Jesus christ, man. I'm playing around in the heliport now, I did some testing on PAL before this, and now I'm back on NTSC and wow. I can't believe I've suffered through that PAL version in the past. It plays in fucking slowmotion, it controls so much worse.