Why am I not allowed to prefer this one over the others?

Why am I not allowed to prefer this one over the others?

Attached: 51YCB6D1ECL.jpg (346x500, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/stlZEKoJg10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You are, but you crusade about it if you're who I think you are.

For some reason people like 3/4 the most, i don't really understand why but there's a pretty big difference between 1 and the rest of the series. Cuhrayzee posters just don't like it and i just don't prefer the spammy weightless feel of 3 to the weighty slow feel of 1, that said 3 is still and exceptional game from an exceptional era.

Because you're an obnoxious faggot who is desperate to show everyone how much of a hipster you are.
Stop making these threads.

is this guy you guys are talking about the same one that goes into ngb threads to shitpost?

>people like 3/4 the most
>4
No

Attached: 1556316436305.jpg (441x441, 39K)

idk user i've seen people say they liked 4 better than 5

>nerofags
>people

These were either inertiafags or nostalgiafags
How can you be a nerofag and prefer anything but 5?

you are as long as you can avoid coming off as a contrarian

Who is not allowing you? What a pussy.

Define contrarian

1 > 4 > 5 > 3 > DmC > 2

Attached: Art-6.jpg (1503x1400, 214K)

>4 better than 5

Come on now.

Brainlets can't appreciate the beauty of it.

Attached: 123587253862.png (500x523, 432K)

It filters the zoomers

DMC1’s atmosphere is unparalleled.

Why are you such a pussy you let other people tell you what to like? The absolute state of Yea Forumseddit.

saved

Because gameplay in 3 is like the best thing ever happened to videogames and this is just very, very cool but that's it. You may say you like this Dante more than 3's, but almost everything else is much better in 3, specially combat

Its kinda like the Demon’s Souls of DMC, it really is the best one with the most unique atmosphere and gameplay, but zoomers like the later installations because they are faster and more streamlined even though the games lose their identity

1>3>5>4

It’s the best one to anyone who isn’t a dribbling retard who just wants to mash buttons like it’s a children’s toy. DMC1 is an action adventure game with actual level design and thought out enemy encounters that give you a sense of progression as you go through the missions, it does a lot more with a lot less by giving you a solid moveset with Alastor that never stops feeling satisfying to play with, and the Ifrit Gauntlets are nice for when you want to mix things up. The controls aren’t as easy to master but they’re far more satisfying once you do, it’s just a matter of putting enough effort into doing so which your modern DMCfag doesn’t have the attention span for. DMC3 is a good game and I’m more than capable of separating objectivity from subjectivity, but I genuinely believe DMC1 is a better game, and fuck Capcom for not getting Kamiya to make DMC2.

Attached: 912CCF18-EA36-48A2-A56B-6AE3B9126122.jpg (1024x768, 88K)

1>3>4=5

Is perfectly fine like DMC1 more than the others. 1 and 3 are both Master Pieces.

Attached: Dante.png (895x695, 1.21M)

The only thing in 4 better than 5 is the art style. No one needed a fucking tattoo to look cool. Also turbo mode but overall the gameplay in 5 is funnier

3 > 1 >>> zoomer shit

Attached: 1447201353916.jpg (500x500, 133K)

Putting you in the place you belong is not shitposting, you little sissy snowflake.

Attached: Devil May Kek.jpg (670x1191, 143K)

DMC is pretty much the CUHHRAZY WHOOHOO games now and 1 is disconnected from the newer entries. While a lot of newer games has improved on DMC 1's basics, only DMC 3-5 really plays like DMC 3-5.
That way the perceived reason someone would like 1 over 3-5 is if they really dislike what the series has become or if they just want to be contrarian.

>it's bad because it's new
wew...

Attached: 1559054339601.png (582x685, 269K)

1 is a great game--you are more than allowed to prefer 1 over the rest of the series. I prefer 3 and 5, but I can respect the reasons why people prefer 1
What I cannot abide by are people who don't just simply prefer 1 but rather tell everyone else that 1 was the only good game and that the rest are shit for rather arbitrary reasons, so therefore anyone who prefers 3 4 or 5 are not "true" DMC fans
It doesn't help that some DMC1 fans will try to make the argument that since Kamiya only made the first one, not only does that make DMC1 the best in the series, it also means Bayo 1 is better by default as well

so that's a yes then ok

DMC1 is my favorite too
I really like the overall atmosphere, environment and enemy design and don't mind the simpler gameplay
Can't deny there's a lot of nostalgia to it though

Hmmm I do like Demons' better than the others (except maybe Bloodborne) but I don't feel the same about DMC1. I liked it a lot and Kamiya outdid himself but 3 is like my top 1 best game ever

>no

It's true. I've seen 4 being called the best action game of all time unironically plenty of times.

4 is half a game
5 is literally zoomer fanfic tier

You are, but it's just you who think people are not allowed to criticize the first one, hence you keep posting these threads. Anyone is free to criticize any in the series, however you got butthurt when people brought up valid flaws for 1. You're obviously the same guy, who got triggered in one of the threads 2 weeks or so ago, as these threads didn't start until then.

You were saying? nobody goes back to 3 kek.

Attached: KEK.png (947x1027, 419K)

Can't someone just prefer the more arcade inspired game design?

that's not really fair though is it? that port is notoriously bad

it's a shame we can't track individual game stats for the collection

>Ubishit port

Attached: 1394687696014.png (625x626, 35K)

>fuck Capcom for not getting Kamiya to make DMC2
I can't even imagine how cool it could have been

No, it's literally a no. Case in point, you're a fucking retard who only wants validation for his mental illnesses instead of reason and facts. Stop posting,

>cope
Nobody goes back to 3, nobody. Even most of the combo autist play 4.

>4 is half a game
true
>5 is literally zoomer fanfic tier
no 5 is the best dmc gameplay and the best story with that being said I still like and enjoy 1,3,4

5 has the worst story with it only beating 4's garbage story. And 4 was an incomplete game.

Lmao

Think you mean 1's gameplay. DMC3 didn't elevate 3D action and spawn a genre. DMC3 is a consequence of 1's success and just further explored what was already built for them.

>5 is the best dmc gameplay and the best story

Attached: 1426202447823.gif (420x216, 2.98M)

>implying dmc1 story is good
>implying dmc2 story is good
lol

>old good
>new bad
Dolboebs

OBSESSED

Because you want to play re with swords
Go play re 6 if you want cqc

it really is you isn't it lmao
>cope
come on user you haven't argued a thing and i say this as someone that prefers 1 to 3

>5
>the best story

nice one user

Attached: 1557526937167.gif (804x807, 1.78M)

Well, everyone knows 1 may be as influential as fucking Ocarina of Time, but comparing how much fun is to actually play 3 wins and is not even fair

Ahem It also sold less than 4, all you've given me is "3 is best cuz I think", kek.

That sums it up perfectly. It’s right alongside Demon’s Souls and Resident Evil as a game that none of the sequels were ever able to outdo because they misunderstood what the original game was about.

Attached: 9D27E030-E17D-4833-83F3-731A6B2D6DEE.jpg (457x396, 18K)

because every thread praising an older game in the series is potentially hurting sales of the new game

this isn't a place for discussion anymore. buy product then get excited for next product.

Kamiya purists are the worst. Evenfucking fujos are better than them.

With dmc stories you're literally just picking out shit from more shit tho.
>dmc
>story
lol

>3 is best cuz I think
quote a single instance of me saying that

why does the dmc / mh / ngb fanbase attract such flagrant faggotry holy shit

But bloodborne is exactly what Demons was about. Early trailers even show characters saying Umbasa

>faster gameplay
>snappier animations
>muh animus
>fixed camera angles
>better bosses
>suplexing a vicar

I really like DMC5 but overall 4 is the superior game, shortcomings and all

Attached: 1530819945266.jpg (1920x1080, 279K)

Filling your dark soul with light?

>fujos are better than them.
Contrarians at least talk about videogames and not only cocks

I just told it's not and instead you chose to read the exact opposite as to not upset your narrative. How many fucking times are you gonna prove me right sperg?

yeah this, i'm tempted to put ngb in there too but that's more of a case of strengths and weaknesses

>better bosses
>fixed camera
>faster gameplay

Attached: 1555309589246.png (324x331, 180K)

>talk
More like circlejerk

literally all you did was screech adhominem and behave dfensively, i've seen claims from anons that there's apparently one really vile dmc fanboy that will just turn any ngb thread into a turfwar i was just asking about that

calm the fuck down jezus christ you absolute autist, how can you possibly blame anyone for thinking you are that person when your behavior is so shit you fit right into that picture

>some people really don't get the redemption arc for Nero in 5 where his 4 autism is cooled down and he doesn't straight up kill Vergil, but redeems him and stops Dante and verge's endless fighting, thus actually fulfilling Sparda's legacy

1,3 and 5 are fantastic masterpieces and the only right choices for best game, respectively. 4 is great, but it's worse than 3 in terms of story and 5 in terms of gameplay
>muh inertia
I prefer nero actually having variety instead of turboasian mechanics only 10% of the player-base can access

Attached: vergilio.png (557x547, 1.16M)

don't compare a game with turbo mode to one without. Baseline DMC 4 doesn't have turbo mode either. Nero is deeper and has more tools in 5 and Dante has better and more devil arms in 5. Only inertiafags really have a leg to stand on when comparing 4 to 5 and even then a simple cheat table will fix that up for you.
And 4 has some shitty bosses my dude. You can go muh Credo all day and pretend the frog, the snake lady and the savior doesn't exist but it doesn't make it better than 5

fuck off matthewmatosis. stop trying to break the limits of boomerism

Я дoгaдывaлcя чтo бypгepы гoвнoeды, нo чтoбы нacтoлькo......
Чeтвepкa кpyчe пятepки eбaный cтыд

>actually play

1 is still better in some respects even there. DMC3's campaign is a slog to replay thanks to its poor enemy design, lack-luster encounter design, and some genuinely bad bosses [Griffon 2 is the only DMC1 boss I think is genuinely bad]. DMC1's "that part" is a swimming section over in less than 2 minutes. DMC3's "that part" is the entire back half of the game and some bad sections in early game. DMC3's problems get even worse the higher difficulty you climb. DMC3 is completely propped up by it's story in comparison to 4 and 5 too.

>fuckheadmatosis parrot
Get the fuck out.

5 was alright and had some good moment but the environments were so barren, bland and forgettable i legitimately only remember a couple of em, in contrast i can vividly remember many different locations from dmc 1

Why are you such a fucking crybaby that someone has a different opinion?

>le armchair game designer
Get a job you useless shitposter

>reeeee a different opinion
why?

I honestly welcome back the fujos with open arms. This is what happens to threads when Vergilfags, Vfags, Nicofags, Ladyfags and Nerofags all stop posting as much. >vergilfags post screenshots
>vfags post art
>ladyfags post lewd
>nerofags power level aut
>dantefags seeth over donte, v, nero, xyz
How do fags of the most chill character seethe this much, kek

Attached: 1553704742480.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

>crybaby
Better post your homolust degeneracy, kamiyafag

DMC5's 02 Mission is the best-designed mission in any DMC, Goliath may not be the most fun boss by himself, but the Arena and soundtrack makes him fucking SSStylish

The Qlipoth missions would've been super cool if they incorporated Qlipothed buildings mixed with roots and demonic buildibngs

Attached: 41807083_517565935375468_9213531631124480000_n.jpg (837x960, 74K)

>making shit up

Not sure if you're one of the resident faggots lying through his teeth or just that dumb. Could honestly be both but i am leaning to you lying seeing as your previous posts would make no sense otherwise.

>different opinion
Yeah sure
Start parroting

fixed camera is more of a preference than a pro or con. Also I'm assuming everyone has played dmc4 with turbo mode on for years on end and forget that that's not the base speed.

well yeah obviously opinions are just opinions. contrarianism is rampant on Yea Forums though and 1 is pretty old by now. So either you really like that style of action games or you're just taking the piss.

>and Resident Evil

Fuck off

>Qlipothed buildings mixed with roots and demonic buildibngs
This
Mission 8 is a good example. Maybe I'm a sucker for ruined cities

>DMC3's campaign is a slog to replay thanks to its poor enemy design
Nigga all games outside of 1 have poor enemy design, mostly because Itsuno thought it would be cool to have a playable character who is essentially SNK final boss tier of unhinged in terms of capabilities against helpless sandbags who don't even have the will to fight.
DMC can be boring to play nowadays and the difficulty is way overstated but there's not such a massive inbalance between Dante and the enemies in there.

Nice argument, thanks for conceding.

Just as good as yours, sweaty

>sandbags
Fuck off Anakin

Who?

The first game has a fucking style meter you know. DMC has always been about being stylish and cuhhrazy. Stop pretending like the first game is some kind of soulful, graceful adventure game. The only reason that is the case is because it has the skeleton of a RE game. The 3rd game and forward are just the natural evolution of the franchise

My nigga. Imagine M11's crumbling buildings with roots and fleshy-rooms in-between

Attached: Vergil.png (587x715, 871K)

Because gameplay > muh crunch sound effect. You're not impressing anyone with contrarianism by the way.

I don't get why people say 1 is the best the genre has ever been but who am I to judge?

>DMC3 poor enemy design
Nigga what. The hell vanguard puts up more of a fight than any enemy in DMC1. And Vergil is a better boss than anything in DMC1. Stop with this nostalgiafagging, it's embarassing and you're only making DMC1 look worse by exposing its inferiority.

DMC4 sans turbo is faster than DMC5 homeboy

DMC5 having more moves doesn't necessarily make it better

DMC1 has the least amount of moves but it's still the best

Attached: 1552133832144.jpg (993x668, 141K)

>Why am I not allowed
Who the fuck is stopping you?

>m11
Maybe my favourite mission in the game
>crumbling buildings with roots and fleshy-rooms in-between
Hngg. Now I wish they used some sort of organic symbiote shit with buildings, not like infested chopper though

All action games are about being stylish, the difference is that they don't sacrifice the other half of the combat to do so.

>DMC1 has the least amount of moves but it's still the best
Except that's not true, nobody goes back to DMC1, nobody.

Oh look it's the "DMC1 was never popular until some random guy on youtube made a video about it" retards again.

>making shit up
so what did i make up user?

1 isn't even better than it's contemporary, Onimusha.

You are allowed to, but I fucking hate these wave of DMC1 fags that have the NEED to downplay everything that came after it.

>never popular
Read again dumbass

>The only reason that is the case is because it has the skeleton of a RE game.
so then you admit it's soulful and graceful, good job

Titties. Lol

Attached: NERO.jpg (350x353, 35K)

As opposed to the years of "DMC1 is just RE with swords start with 3" people?

Lady has curte titties in 5.

Ass. Kek.

Attached: lol.jpg (552x567, 14K)

So this is just pitiful revenge for people liking 3 over 1?

>"natural evolution of the franchise"
>worse enemies
>worse DMD mechanics
>enemies gain obscene amounts of HP for sake the Style Meter
>lost the horror aspect completely

Sure, in some ways, in other ways not. Am I the only person who sees how absolutely dumb the Style Meter from 2/3/4/5 have been? They are completely counter-intuitive to what the series became known for, jump cancel juggling combos. All the impressive things you see in videos is not good for the Style Meter the vast majority of the time. Combo videos would actually work better with DMC1's "Style" meter.

It's not "RE with swords", It's worse Onimusha.

Because a game is more than just atmosphere even if it is the best in 1. It has been surpassed in gameplay by many games of the same genre since. That's what makes you a contrarian. And no you can't really use Demon's Souls as an example because the evolution between Souls games is much less profound. Hell, for a long time DeS was faster than any of them until Bloodborne came around.

Attached: ss (2013-12-06 at 01.45.17).jpg (207x201, 25K)

No, it's merely an observation. People don't seem to like when the shoe is on the other foot. What you complained about has been happening to DMC1 for years, so why was it okay then?

>worse enemies
Mkay boss
>horror aspect
Fucking what?

fucking lmao are you really that mad most people prefer 3 over 1? jesus

Every game in the series is fine except for 2
No, DmC isn't a part of the franchise

Go to bed Inafune

you are allowed
it's just that no one cares
fucking retard
>"hurr durr plz gibe me (You) I like DMC 1"

Where do I sound mad there? Just saying, if you complain about something don't go and do it something else. I love both DMC1 and DMC3, but pointing out people where doing to DMC1 what this person was complaining about is happening to the other games means I'm mad?

I just can't imagine playing an action game series for the atmosphere. It's a bonus yes, but not overly important.

meant for OP
I am sorry

you misunderstand the style meter. its not a real gameplay mechanic per say, the only thing it really does is improve your DT gain. You can clear every DMC game without giving two shits about the style meter.
It's really more of a motivator. It's supposed to nudge you towards playing stylish and experimentation and it only becomes obsolete when you've become so good that you move beyond what the game expects of you

The premise that there's a DMC fag ruining NG threads. One of them is definitely a DMC fag but DMC is never part of the equation.

If you are being honest, being a bumbling idiot talking about things he knows nothing about and parroting hearsay is deserving of just as much disdain, if not more.

Not the guy you're replying to but those marionette enemies were creepy as fuck in the first game. In the later games they were turned into some sort of clowns.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (2000x1695, 309K)

You always were. You just don't need to be an elitist fag about it.

I've seen more people telling newcommers to play them in release order than telling them to go straight to 3, at least in here, I don't know where you've been. I think you'd find more people telling someone they are retarded for skipping 1, but sure, you can act like it's the popular opinion.

>The premise that there's a DMC fag ruining NG threads.
sow here did i outright claim he even exists

I replayed the HD collection a couple of months ago. DMC1 was the only 1 i enjoyed playing more than once.

You are and you’re correct, though 5 is better.

5>1>3>4>DmC>2

Correction:
DMC2 is RE with swords and a better Onimusha.

>nobody goes back to DMC1, nobody.

It's more fun to replay than any other game in the series, unless you just want to make combo videos.

Attached: 1553206837678.jpg (585x490, 97K)

>sow here did i outright claim he even exists

...what?

I mean take a look at this shitty amalgamation of an enemy and then look back at the original marionettes.

Attached: latest[1].png (742x454, 265K)

3 fags have no response this

I've seen more threads about DMC 1 being the best game in the series than DMCfags posting 3 is the best game in the series

Because he has a fucking retarded victim complex. I've never seen anyone ever tell someone to skip 1.

Dunno
Look the same to me

>Mkay boss

It's not even his opinion, it's a fucking fact.

>fact
Whatever you say

>Who is not allowing you?

Look at this thread. DMCfags literally cannot handle different opinions without getting incredibly abrasive. I mean just look at it:

>"Hey I like DMC1 the best because XYZ"
>CONTRARIAN
>KAMIYAFAG
>NOSTALGIAFAG
>HIPSTER
>E-CELEBFAG

The DMC "fan"base is the only one I can think of in video games that does not like the ground-breaking original. Mario fans do not hate SMB, Doom fans do not hate DOOM, Street Fighter fans do not hate Hyper Fighting/Super Turbo, etc. It's bizarre. Like somehow someone preferring the original is a personal insult to Hideaki Itsuno.

That's because you are either lying or got here last month. I've not only seen it, it's a constant.

>xyz
>muh atmosphere
>muh sound
Dumbass

I'd argue the opposite. Because it relies on atmosphere so much the first run is great and reruns aren't as good. The other games bank heavy on their combat and so they stay fun longer.

you behave as though i made an explicit claim that this dmcfag exists

i really don't even understand what's going on anymore but you've been nothing but combative this entire time dude jezus, have a nice day i guess

i think you purposefully left out the parts with 1fags saying only 1 has real soul and that the other games are misguided, easy and not true dmc games

Chronologically 3 takes place before 1 so telling someone to play a prequel before the original isn't necessarily a condemnation of DMC1.

Just fuck off -

>reruns aren't as good.
Higher difficulties in DMC1 are pretty great though since they remix the enemy spawns and don't just roid up their health to insane levels, though it's arguably due to the specific combat system more than anything.
Higher difficulties in other DMC games don't feel as fun really, most of them feel like filler compared to DMC1 difficulties.

I'd say that what makes DMC1 still good to this day despite being so old is that it's mechanically tighter than the rest, underwater missions and questionable weapon balance aside of course, and it's not like the other games don't have these problems either way.

>remix the enemy spawns
Same as the later games do...

>Doom fans do not hate DOOM

Attached: 1555292579640.jpg (348x321, 19K)

No, it's what ever the facts say.

1/3rd of the enemy roster in DMC3 are reskins of the same enemy with 2 attacks each IF you are lucky. Another 3rd is chess pieces repurposed from their boss fight late in game development to boost up the enemy roster, literal fucking blocks of stone. And the final third is comprised of mostly pure cancer enemies who's only memorable characteristic is the fact that they are pure cancer.

>Creepy as fuck

They look fucking ridiculous. Just like any other fucking marionette. They're dolls with knifes. You can't make creepy out of that.

Dude the other games do the same shit. Have you even played DMD in other games?

Gameplay wise it'd be harder to go from 3 to 1 than 1 to 3 though.

If DOOM fans didn't hate DOOM why do they keep modding it into an unrecognizable mess?

Wait
You were talking about 3 only? Or 3-5?

2 >>>>>>>>>> a pile of shit >>>>>>>>> DMC 1, 3, 3SE, 4, 4SE, DmC, DmC:DE, and DMC 5 COMBINED

Based

>enemy has a completely different set of attacks and behaviour
>hurr durr it's le same xd

Reminder DMC3 is completely obsolete as a game thanks to DMC5. Even DMC4:SE made leaps and bounds in the juggling capability (something you people seem to be so found of as the only important aspect of a good action game). DMC3 is completely irrelevant thanks to DMC5 and the only thing that's keeping people from admitting so is DMC3 somehow managed to have a decent story, and by story I mean Dante and Vergil's interactions. Everything outside of that is literal trash. Arkham is shit, Lady is shit, the game lived on Dante and Vergil's fights and dialogue. Anyone who says DMC3 is better than 5 is a nostaliafag as DMC5 is objectively superior. DMC3 Vergil is also the most overrated boss fight in action games, bosses like Azel completely outshine him but it's not like Itsunofags actually play other action games, as they are entirely too busy having 500+ Reply threads about sucking dick.

Attached: Arius_DMC2.png (346x563, 161K)

By all means prefer it, as the creator of the genre even if you don't think it's best it should be given respect at all times, but never act like it's superior to later entries like some Kamiyafags do as it just isn't. The tone, art direction, and for the most part soundtrack is arguable as all of it is really good but gameplay isn't even comparable. I also see some people make some retarded claims like some people recommend you skip DMC1 which is utter bullshit, or a recent trend now that /dmc/ is disbanded until DMC5:SE is announced but the recommendation has always been play all of them except 2 although you could try it anyway to understand why it's the low point of the series. In short DMC1 is still great and I would love to see the series return to the tone of it but later titles like 3 and 5 just destroy it when it comes to pure gameplay enjoyment.

Attached: 1553010751263.jpg (2058x1956, 1.7M)

>is this guy you guys are talking about the same one that
>that's a yes
>it really is you

Fuck off and stay there.

Attached: 1449653684814.jpg (250x248, 38K)

I wabt to have threesome with 3 Lady and 5 Lady

DMC3 enemies don't get that. The only enemy that even gets anything close to that is Lust. Every other enemy is the same AI but now with higher attack damage and more HP.

I'm not the same person you've been arguing with. 4 and 5 are not much different.

Have a pity (You) dumb shitposter

Attached: Abyss.gif (344x386, 50K)

Wouldn't that also mean that DMC1 is even more obsolete that in already was?

lmao is this retard serious? Each sin has either 1 (ONE) or 2 (TWO) attacks. All of them together have the normal moveset of your basic action game enemy. It's a complete joke to pretend otherwise.

There's nothing wrong with that. DMC1 is great, user. The combat mechanics feel stiff by today's standards, but the enemy design, boss design, atmosphere, environments, and music are all better than any pretty much any other game in the series. It also has less crappy, "obviously should have been cut" content than Itsuno's DMCs.

I think games like DMC3/5 are better if you want to play the game endlessly, go into the Bloody Palace, really push the limits of the mechanics, make combo webms, etc. But for just enjoying it as a campaign where you play the 3 difficulty modes and then stop, DMC1 is still my favorite.

>5
>not much different
>where most of the enemies has a gimmick like super armor, stun immunity, weak spot and different stances

>is this guy you guys are talking about the same one that
that's not an explicit claim of his existence though, i was being theoretical there
>that's a yes
can you blame me when some hyper buttflustered faggot starts screeching at me all of a sudden?
>it really is you
certainly does seem so mr dmcfag, no other person existing or otherwise would be this vehement in his disdain for anyone asking about a hypothetical dmcfag

>no arguments, just image macros

DMC fanbase in a nutshell. Better scurry along to a "real" Devil May Cry thread, who else is going to talk about fucking Nero in the ass all day?

Attached: Hideaki_Itsuno.jpg (1226x736, 73K)

You act like the other enemies in other DMC games are more complex or something. You're such a fucking retard

It's not it's literally Onimusha with a weaker story, and Dark Souls does what it attempts to do better. It's not about doing combos, it just isn't fun to play. Why play a gimped version of something with a shitty story that other games did better lol.

What changes about Abyss then? Compare a Normal / Hard Abyss to a DMD Abyss and they do the same shit, and are easily RG looped into dying.

Do you even know what an image macro is? KIll yourself newfag

Don't even pretend the other games have shit like multiple shadow encounters, it's mostly additional spawns.

>Nero
Ew
Lady and Nico though...

>Nico
Fag

>that image
Literally every Fucking time

Depends how you look at, 1 is "obsolete" if all you care about in an action game is the capability of jump canceling juggling.

>contrarian taste
Everyone knows none of the DMC girls are as worthy. That's why all the lewds are shipping Dante/Verg with Nero instead of them kek

>not wanting to dive into her fluffy cigarete smell hair
>no wanting to hear her stutter during sex
No way

That's because they are junior. The most basic enemy in DMC1 has a moveset as big as the most advanced enemy in DMC3.

This what i mean when i say facts, it's literal math,

Enemies get new attacks. New enemies appear in encounters. You've clearly played dmc1 like a dozen times and the rest of the series once (if that).

not him but just want to say this was a better DMC thread than the usual DMC "cocksucking" thread. this one has actual game discussion (not just 5, but the whole series) and arguments on why x has better blah blah than y
now only if we could post dmc gameplay webms that would make the thread a proper DMC discussion

Attached: sakaki.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

Fuck off zoomer i am literally playing through Onimusha right now. Shove your revisionist history up your ass.

>None of the DMC girls are worthy
Cringe

Enemies in dmc3 are designed to work in groups. Dmc1 can only have one enemy type per encounter. Of course they need more attacks.

it is,the other dmc games suck because dragons dogma is the most fun "combat only" game

>wanting to put your dick into someone who looks like she don't know what the word shower means
>wanting to be around that fucking voice
Disgusting

>zoomer
>plays game that predates dmc entirely
lol

Onimusha 1 is Unironically more fun to play then dmc1. Shit like counters and magic are based

Ah, so you're just a shitposter, thanks for wasting my time retard.

>Everyone knows none of the DMC girls are as worthy.
Fine by me
More time for me with my big titty blonde shapeshifter fucktoy

No, it's the eternal Itsunofag paradox.

>DMC3 is better than DMC1 because it has better combos and juggling, nothing else mattered
>But DMC3 is better than DMC4 and DMC5 because it had a better story even though they objectively do juggling, combos, and have better enemies.

It's complete and utter hypocrisy.

Attached: arius-devil-may-cry-.jpg (210x240, 19K)

>dick
I dont want to shove muh dicky into her hair
>voice
Stuttering is cute

This is the dumbest fucking shit i have read this week. It would be dumb even if it weren't contradicting practically every action game ever released.

Based dmc2fag

>Stuttering is cute
It would be if she didn't sound like a hillbilly.

>use literal math to state facts
>S-SHITPOSTER

Attached: 1558898257719.jpg (3840x2160, 1.9M)

DMC3 isn't just better than 1 because of combos though, the characters are better too lol. And Vergil was an absolute throwaway character before 3. Plus there's no
>IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME TO FILL YOU DARK SOUL WITH LIGGGGGHEEEEEIT
in 3.

No counterargument eh? Stay fucked on small son.

You're a zoomer because you are trying to rewrite history. No one said "this is like Onimusha" when DMC1 came out, no one

DMC 5 was great but I wished it had mini-bosses like Hell Vanguard from 3. He was really fun to fight especially in DMD. Empusa Queen was just too beefy to kill

Attached: TAS Dante Doppelganger.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

>contradicting practically every action game ever released

try that one

What you talking about
You got Nelo, Fury, Behemoth and Queen

no, there's the guitar part which is actual cringe instead of endearing cringe

They did, more than they did RE you fucking autist, Onimusha even influenced aspects of it's very gameplay you fuck.

DMC 1 is Half-Life 1 of the franchise.
DMC 3 is Half-Life 2.

That's not an argument it's a conclusion. Argue little son. Try it.

>endearing cringe
kek

Пиздyй oбpaтнo нa двaчи и yчиcь дaльшe. Tы eщe нe пoзнaл вceх тoнкocтeй гoвнoбeйтa.

>playing action games for story

for fucks sake

Attached: 65d.png (434x327, 32K)

>Onimusha even influenced aspects of it's very gameplay

I know, and still NO ONE said "it was just Onimusha but...". This is what i mean about you trying to rewrite history zoomer.

Dmc5 is half life 3 but it actually came out.

because new = good, old = bad

Двaчи зaблoчeны для Heньки...

and DmC 2 is the Half-Life 3

>t.lobos

5 is opposing force, because half life 2 is Shit

>asking for arguments when ignores the ones provided
>syntax coward

Well, i am done talking to you.

>what is Castlevania

They did, and they still do. Someone wasn't active on the boards around the time of the DMC vs Onimusha comparisons existed before GOW was even a thing. Spoiler alert though: Onimusha won most of the arguements.

youtu.be/stlZEKoJg10

>DmC2
So it's gonna be the repeat of dmc 5 story

(Eap peйп)

Do DMC1 fags even like Kamiyas other games? Are they too wacky for them cause they aren't cacelled RE games?

no.
DmC 2's story is about the adventures of El Donte slaying demonic drug cartels in Mexico

tell me russianbro, what's your favorite DMC game? please respond in Russian

I'm not talking about some retard 12 year old on a message board.

>El Donte slaying demonic drug cartels in Mexico
Unironically this
Other big demons want to take Mundus territory, fucking demon gang wars with Vorgin lurking around and Donte caught in the middle of this

hehehe it almost sounds like a good game that way

as a dmc1 fag kinda yeah though my only experience is with bayonetta, while i enjoyed that the qte's and executions kinda were a negative imo

Ok? journalist mentioned "dmc is a mix of onimusha" and "it influenced dmc" all the time in their articles too. Why would they not? it literally is Onimusha, same concept and all slightly altered. Except Onimusha executed it better, and didn't focus all it's attention on the perils of the seething twin for 5 games.

And DMC1 does several things better than 3, yet when you try to point it all boils down to "MUH JUGGLES, MUH COMBOS". But then DMC3 is somehow superior to DMC4 and DMC5 because of things outside juggles and combos. DMC3fags suffer from nostaliga more than anyone, they legitimately cannot accept DMC3 has flaws and that it's been knocked off the top for a decade by their own standards when comparing to DMC1.

Attached: Arius_with_a_revolver_gun.jpg (200x180, 4K)

Bayo a shit, play W101

>People are debating whether DMC 1 or DMC 3 is worse to start with

Just don't play DMC 2 and you'll be good. All of them are good with the exception of a few hindrances. DMC 1 had the sometimes awkward camera and water levels, DMC 3's Temen-Ni-Gru is very huge and easy to get lost in, DMC 4 has you backtrack the entire game as Dante for the last half of it, and DMC 5 has the very darkened/greyed out cities.

All of them are fun to play still, but DMC 2 is so bad, I would never recommend it to anyone who's wanting to get into the series. Especially since it's gone so far as to not be canon anymore.

Doing a few things better doesn't mean it's a sum total better.

You're giving me a fucking headache.

Onimusha and DMC1 are both action games but they are not the same, you can't juggle enemies in onimusha, you can't jump in onimusha, you don't have combo strings in onimusha, etc. Onimusha is fucking closer to Ninja Gaiden than it is to DMC.

Stop being fucking retarded for the sake of argumentation.

Attached: sigh.webm (1088x720, 1.51M)

Because its fucking outdated user, are you retarded
Its like having Super Mario Bros 1 as your favorite mario game

>muh first grade math
>le this single enemy has 1 more attack so it's le super complex xd

What do you mean?

>most basic vs most advanced

You can seethe and be in denial about it all you want. It's the truth and it will never stop being the truth. Even better the DMC3 enemy in question is one of only 2 in the entire game that manages to have anything close to those numbers and the other one is a miniboss. Absolute fucking garbage enemy design, among the worst in the entire genre, might even be the worst.

Nice shitpost dude

>running with the tail between his legs
oof

That'd make me a complex enemy according to you :^)

Even with fewer moves, they manage to be actually fun to fight against and have more variety, unlike 1 enemies.

It's literally the only move you showed so far so no. I know it's hard for you but you need to put more thought into your epic comebacks.

Yeah, I guess I'd only be featured in a basic bitch game like DMC1 :^)

Sure, if it's opposite day. Jesus...

i said MORE thought

Seethe harder

DMC1 Dante was effortlessly cool. DMC3 onwards Dante just feels like he's trying too hard, which was fine in 3 since he was a teen, but kind of lame afterwards.

>Superior enemies
Check
>Superior environments
Check
>Superior sound design
Check
>Superior atmosphere
Check
>Superior encounter design
Check
>Superior OST
Check
>Superior sense of impact
Check

Then there is subjective things like bosses, though Vergil is a mechanically more satisfying boss than Mundus), boss design, and gameplay. DMC1 ends up feeling unique compared to the later games because of its deliberate design philosophies, while 3 has been built upon and made irrelevant by DMC4 and now DMC5. DMC5 is Itsuno's best DMC game, end of story. If you think DMC3 still is you are admitting it's story is carrying it so hard that you are ignoring objective gameplay improvements to DMC3's own formula. The fact that DMC5's enemies are bottom of the barrel dogshit puts it leaps and bounds over DMC3.

Attached: ariuss31135.jpg (261x193, 8K)

Looks like you got owned kiddo

have only played 5 myself but I reckon this is what most seem to think
3 ≥ 5 > 1 > 4 > DmC > 2
Is that correct?

Attached: 1434522187471.jpg (543x405, 141K)

>I only played 5

Then leave

i mean if your first was 5 3 will feel familiar so probably yes but 2>DmC it's a shitty game but it brought in some stuff that was carried over to 3

Oh so you are a shitposter lmao

If you think DMC3 enemies are more fun to fight I can tell you don't play on DMD

make me

Attached: 1553224521005.png (966x1128, 601K)

Git gud

How the fuck do I beat this nigga consistently?

Attached: Nightmare.jpg (500x296, 34K)

>He disagrees with my opinion
>better not make an argument and just call him a shitposter

Your average DMCfag. Guess not being able to handle discourse happens when you spend all your threads talking about sucking cock.

Learn the cores.

Here is Nightmares big secret and literally everyone fucks it up. Nightmare gets stronger the more his cores are damaged and his cores take damage based on number of hits. Use Ifrit charge punches on his cores and Rolling Blaze on his spike attacks. Nightmare is legitimately the easiest boss in the game.

Is there a way to stop him from absorbing my devil gauge?

>DMC4 sans turbo is faster than DMC5 homeboy
But that's fucking wrong

Based arius

It's slightly faster.

No, it doesn't matter anyway since Ifrit charged punches do good damage even without DT.

Alright. Next time I replay 1 I'll use Ifrit against him. Thanks.

Are you not going to post the same webms of Nero's regular combos that have been posted here since 5 was revealed?

>Don't even pretend the other games have shit like multiple shadow encounters
that happens on normal difficulty too though, I think it's randomized or something.

I tried getting into 1 a few months back but got really bored after the first 20 minutes, should I just skip to 3?

>>Superior enemies
Sure
>>Superior environments
What about the enviorment makes it superior? That it's an abandoned castle of demon worshipers? The same as tamen-ni-gru sealed up tower build by devil worshipers, the only thing it does better is how detailed it is I guess
>>Superior sound design
Disagree
>>Superior atmosphere
I like both atmospheres, and I don't see how one could be better than other, aside from the how quiet it is in DMC1
>>Superior encounter design
It isn't, there is only one enemy type per encounter, that isn't superior at all
>>Superior OST
Subjective, I like 3's OST more
>>Superior sense of impact
Not really "superior" and I feel 3 did it better
>Then there is subjective things like bosses
That's not subjective at all
>DMC1 ends up feeling unique compared to the later games because of its deliberate design philosophies
There is nothing unique about DMC1 philosophy that isn't there in 3. Aside from difficulty and enemy design

Skip to 2, it's the best in the series

You are. People who don't like DMC1 has ADHD and only care about the action instead of exploration stuff.
Also fixed cam is great

>4 better than 5
>4 better than 3
>5 better than 3
>1 better than 3

Attached: 1547159757480.jpg (780x653, 83K)

You can't b8 me m8

Most people would disagree with starting with 3 but I say it's alright. It's where the story begins and it's the base for all DMC games after it.

based

1 = 2 = 3 = 4 = 5 = reboot

Feel free to debate him.

>Play DMC3 first
>Miss every single throwback and reference to DMC1

DMC3 was designed and created assuming you played a lot of DMC1 first. Playing 3 first for "muh story" will never hold water because that is not how the devs designed the game. Just look at how many of you people don't know Yamato was in DMC1.

Attached: DMC3NelovsDante.jpg (900x506, 100K)

>Yamato was in DMC1.
Where?

DMC1 heavily relies on Devil Trigger as a game mechanic where in DMC3 its an afterthought until you reach DMD mode and realize DT Flux is the only thing DT is actually useful for. It also takes you one DT rune to deactivate DT in DMC1, in the other games you turn it off and on at will because of the way DMC1 calculates DT damage on everything.

>That's not subjective at all
eh it kind of is. i don't think phantom/griffin/nightmare are any better or worse than 3's cerberus/beowulf/a&r/nevan. both games have their share of bad bosses to in mundus in 1 and gigapede/leviathans heart/arkham in 3. mundus is really only bad if you dont like the rail shooter section though, and arkham is my least favorite boss i the entire series

Finish DMC1 on Hard Mode to unlock Legendary Dark Knight (yes, this costume originates from DMC1). You start with Yamato.

Attached: Yamato_%28DA%29_DMC1.png (350x386, 50K)

I never bothered with other modes because I thought they gave you infinite DT or something

You only receive infinite DT from beating Dante Must Die like all the other DMC games.

Attached: 1540312655768.png (312x445, 165K)

Nightmare a shit

Nightmare best waifu

Speak for youself fag,i played 1 more than every other game combined.

Based af.

1 is the only one I consistently replay. When I replay DMC1 I play through the whole game, when I "replay" the others I boot up Bloody Palace for half an hour.

4 and 5 are better than 3, sorry you think story matters so much in an action game.

Attached: eldonte.png (640x384, 316K)