Cadence of Hyrule

>Nintendo is using tumblr artstyle

Its over, bros. We have lost.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ir-TYrdl0aU

Attached: cadence-of-hyrule-zelda-necrodancer-release-date-leak.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/247080
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Zelda was always for retards

Reminder to not support indie dev scum.

This is a dream crossover for me. I'm secretly hoping we get some Hyrule Warriors remixes but I'll be happy with anything

We already knew it looked awful.
Hopefully this never happens again

Who drew this? It looks like it came straight out of DeviantArt.

Wait, since when does Yea Forums hate Crypt of the Necrodancer?

Since this game was announced. Snoys. What else needs to be said?

How many times must it be said? This is not a Zelda game, its a Necrodancer game which was allowed to be set in Hyrule. Literally just a priviledged indie game.

My main concerns from watching the trailer gameplay

- I'm hoping the focus on puzzle solving doesn't take away from the combat. I expect to see a lot of hopping back and forth to push blocks and switches, and Necrodancer always feels tedious when you have long stretches of walking without fighting anything

- I get that they're imitating classic Zelda with the screen transitions, but it also looks like that could throw off the rhythm

The spritework is gorgeous though, and I'm curious to see how they merge the formulas. I don't expect it to be an out and out replacement for Necrodancer in terms of games I come back to frequently but I'm excited to play through it

The virtual console died for this

WHY DOESN'T LINK AND ZELDA USE THEIR OWN ART STYLE AND NOT THE ART STYLE OF THE GAME THEY'RE BEING PUT INTO THIS IS BULLSHIT TUMBLR SEETHE INCEL CRINGE REDDIT RESETERA TRUMP!

Yeah but that game was fun and so was the art-style for it and it's neat that Zelda is getting a variant of it as well.

Instead of trying to lump things into shitty categories constantly to try and have something to consistently bitch about, why not bitch about the actual gameplay, assuming there is something that you dislike about it, or the flaws of a game while also providing constructive criticism.

I know you're all 12, but jesus christ, time to grow up lads and actually have intelligent discussions other than, MUH SJWS AND TUMBLR REEE. Fucking christ faggots.

I'm indifferent to it. However, I do not want it to be involved in crossovers with Zelda, or any Nintendo franchises. You guys stay where you are.

Fuck off, AAA games are trash.

The game would have faded into obscurity without this. Sure a lot of other things are probably more fitting than Zelda, but it's a neat idea that could bring future and better ideas along with it.

I see a pretty generic art style, but tumblr? There's no red gigantic noses. There's no trans-sandniggers. I don't see what you're talking about. It just looks cheap and uninspired.

Seethe cringe boomer cuck. Based.

No, these pixels shit meme games are garbage. Fuck indie devs and those who support these cockroaches

Since this was Nintendo Exclusive

SPBP

Seething EA executive.

Holy shit, literally based. Exactly how I feel.

According to Yea Forums if it's not overly anime or overly western then it's tumblr, even though tumblr's artstyle is actually the Pixar Artstyle, especially with the turned up snub noses.

Still looks better than Link's Awakening for Switch.

This.

Yes continue to patronize your corporate overlords. Only they can make good games.

Attached: 0ABB695A-8CAB-40C5-A703-2014B64D04D6.gif (411x480, 45K)

>Spring 2019
>June 20
>Literally the last day of Spring
neat

Attached: D41-SrtU4AEBIgA.jpg orig.jpg (2480x3508, 1.06M)

I hope you can reverse the movement/item controls. I'm so used to playing the original with my right hand

That's your stance as the Indie enthusiast. Maybe the Crypt of the Necromancer community can remember fondly & proudly of such a crossover, but I doubt the stance would be the same for Zelda fans, quite the opposite.

>EA/Actvision mad that people would rather play some basement dweller team's games than their own

Maybe if you made good games instead of loot boxes people would play them.

looks significantly better than the links awakening remake

Attached: 1445121583852.png (555x555, 306K)

To me this looks more like the shit in RPG Maker VX Ace. Generic, boring, but not much like pic related.

Attached: niggertale.png (1024x580, 318K)

I'm actually a Zelda fan, it's a neat idea.I personally wasn't too fond of Crypt of the Necrodancer, but this idea has at least made me thinking about getting back into the game and giving it another try.

>there's only indie or AAA games
>no such thing as smaller studios that don't get the funding as AAA games do

Attached: emmarobertsfacepalm.gif (244x168, 578K)

>Nintendo

>tumblr artstyle
What does that even mean? I don't see a red nose. none of them are fat or dark skin

Fair enough, good for you then. I hope you enjoy it.

It's not nintendo, it's the indie guys. Besides i don't see how it's Tumblr artstyle, the noses are normal.

Why do you hate them, because they are creating something cool, while you will die forgotten?

Just fuck videogames in general.

Attached: vy35fP.jpg (1024x768, 367K)

>because they are creating something cool, while you will die forgotten?
But most indie devs scream and cry for attention, and then throw tantrums and shill for Tim Sweeney when they don't get attention

Same, and the pixel art style is a dream come true. I'd kill for more Zelda games looking like this.

Attached: 1313714621002.png (1000x1000, 450K)

Yea Forums hates tumblr so art style i dont like = tumblr
its people trying too hard to fit in but all it does is make how new they are even more obvious
OP's entire post reads like a shitty Yea Forums post template theres not an original thought put into the thing

In my case I'm a Zeldafag that thinks Crypt was an awful game and would be glad to ignore it's existence, but then Cadence happened.

I hope so too actually, but I'll temper my expectations just in case like I did for KH3 (which ironically made me enjoy it a lot more).

>But most indie devs scream and cry for attention
No they dont. It´s the vocal minority.

RELEASE DATE?!?!?!?

It's modern retardspeak for anything that doesn't fit their limited personal aesthetics.

Actually very reminiscent of Minish Cap's artstyle whilst still retaining the Necrodancer look.

I get that you're just falseflagging because you've got nothing to talk about before E3, but maybe you could actually play videogames for once.

Definitely not a day one purchase, but something I'll likely pick up on sale.

I love the game but hat them for associating with a hack series like fuckin Danganronpa and now Zelda

since nintendo

>if you don't play some shitty indie game from years ago it means you don't play games at all

>how dare this good game associate with two other good games

have sex

>Danganronpa
>Good games
Sure thing buddy.

The entire point of the OP is baseless since the art doesn't look like a "tumblr artsyle" in any way?

>couldn't figure out the game

have sex 2 electric boogaloo

>loved necrodancer, played it every day
>wonder why updates completely stopped one day
>it's because of a switch exclusive
FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK WHEN I WILL STOP BEING ETERNALLY KEKED

>Game is overhyped
>Maybe the next one will be better people are saying its better
>Its even worse
>Repeat the cycle

That's a third party game retard, it's just crossed over with zelda.

As a Zelda fan, this is cringe.
I'm embarassed to look at it.
After all this years of "we value our IPs and do not allow anyone to work on them unless they are top tier", now we get to see indie devs working on Zelda.
Just kill me please.

Attached: 1556026764636.png (662x478, 22K)

>Why do you hate them
Because they’re one of the main reasons we are not getting any virtual console.

>Have sex
>Says someone who has played DR

elaborate on that

>whore out Metroid Prime 4 to devs so incompetent the whole game has to be rebooted by Retro themselves
>whore out Zelda to some no-name indie dev
The fuck is Nintendo even doing.

Indie devs are putting out 99% of the only worthwhile Western games, though.

Doesn't tumblr love Dangit Ronpaul? It has somehow become a pretty normie franchise even though it's wierd weebshit.

>all the nintendo butthurt ITT
laughing my ass off unironically
I will play this game and enjoy it and laugh some more when it ends up being a massive fucking success in Japan and you seethe even harder

You sperg. This is literally the look everyone was wishing the DX remake had.

t.

Attached: 43651702-BC25-4706-89C0-B768AEB64192.jpg (395x600, 49K)

BoTW already killed Zelda for me so Nintendo can do whatever it wants with the franchise.

pretty based desu

>virtual console
good goy

This shit looks cool. I'm not entirely sure why its being shat on.

Many indie games wouldn’t have a massive drop in sales if the VC was brought back. Especially given how a huge chunk of them are just a poor mans version of previous Nintendo game

So is the game a fully randomly generated zelda game with overworlds and dungeons and shit?

>20$ tumblr pixelshit
Good so*y

LITERALLY the only reason anyone could possibly be mad at this game is rabid nintendo fanboys angry that it has Zelda in it and is a crossover

you are getting older and slowly realizing videogames were always aimed at the young and not you
more and more things like this that bother you will happen, and less and less of what you actually want will get into games
welcome to coming to terms with games being complex toys and nothing more

No it’s a Rhythm game, remember the Goron/subrosian dancing from the oracle games?

No, an indie is using Nintendo characters with their art style. It's not being developed by Nintendo. Either way, this still looks better than Nintendo's actual latest Zelda game, pic related

Attached: crap.jpg (960x640, 138K)

is that picture real?

NOOOOO! STOP TOUCHING NINTENDOS MIGHTY FRANCHISES YOU FILTHY GAIJINS!!!!!

I would take that over a pixelshit rhythm game any day of the week

You haven't seen the trailer for the remake of Link's Awakening?

I hope you arent implyin that obsessive tumblrites have sex

Isn't Necrodancer one of those meme procedural generation roguelikes from when that was the craze of indie games?

Yes

>some random indie trannies make a better zelda game than Nintendo has in the last decade

Attached: 1461849819680.png (269x233, 85K)

Honestly, people are justified in not liking Cadence being in the cover art. The character design (thankfully only the characters, not the monsters) and the story are the ONLY bad parts about Necrodancer and they are pretty undeniably tainted by the touch of tumblr.
Then again, Japan is totally intolerant of that bullshit so I doubt it got too far in tainting the new game. Hell, best case scenario, the one tumblr faggot shitting up Necrodancer got stamped out of the studio by based nip executives.
t. 300 hours in necrodancer, still can't unlock Coda

They’ve made great Zelda games this decade, with the exception of triforce heroes

Bored Snoys
Before that they’d just write it off as boring indie shit because it’s on everything from shit tier computers to consoles to phones

>Necrodancer
>zelda game
It's literally just one of those top-down rogue-lites that were really popular from like 2012-2016, like a million of those came out.

Wonder if the release date will be pushed again when we reach June 20th

You know there is a gameplay trailer in the OP right? There's no excuse for not knowing what the game is like.

>lite
necrodancer is 100% a proper roguelike

>Looks better than clay animation of Links Awakening

Why?
Fucking Miyamoto himself asked them if they were interested

Link the faces of evil 2.0

IS THERE A WORKING SWITCH EMULATOR YET
THANK YOU

Zelda needs more shit like this and Hyrule Warriors. Where's my Zelda RPG goddamnit.

>some no-name indie dev
This statement would have been true 5 years ago when they released the game in early access, but its popularity exploded soon after, especially in Japan. They even got some help from the developers of Don't Starve. Whether you like it or not, they're not nobodies anymore

I played the original, I know what it is.

So then you are incapable of reading? I said ZELDA GAME, not necrodancer.

>As a Zelda fan, this is cringe.
Fuck off, this looks better than Link between worlds and the new Links awakening combined.

A Zelda RPG made by an actually good studio would be fine. But this game looks like trash and it’s not what the franchise needs.

Why is Yea Forums so divisive about Zelda games?

Attached: 1537912870246.jpg (1440x752, 506K)

The fuck?
This is literally a out of nowhere dream come true
This is like getting asked
“Do you want a Threeway?”
Between 2 really hot girls you already like

Except it's Crypt of the Necrodancer with some Zelda elements, 99% of the gameplay is still from Necrodancer.

>but its popularity exploded soon after, especially in Japan
steamcharts.com/app/247080
>692 player peak in all of 2018
I mean I'm happy for them but

You know there is a gameplay trailer in the OP right? There's no excuse for not knowing what the game is like.

No. There's Yuzu, but the only thing working decently on it are multiplats. They still have trouble with Mario Odyssey

Both of those games will be infinitely better than this garbage

elaborate on why?

>Japan
>PC Gaming
You know it also came out on consoles right?

Irrelevant.

Oh, you are pretending to be retarded, never mind then. Yeah, it's totally a Zelda game with free movement and no rhythm and plays like Link to the Past.

The game is called
Cadence of Hyrule
Nercodancer feat Legend of Zelda
So read niggy it’s Nercodancer 1st
Zelda 2nd

>retards are literally incapable of watching 30 second youtube videos
Y I K E S
It's a zelda game with the gameplay of necrodancer if you actually tried to look at the footage instead of being an insufferable autist.

Yes but it’s honestly so shitty and expensive you’ll come out cheaper just buying a Switch
Unless you live in a shitty 3rd world country where you shouldn’t bother to begin with

I'm a fan of both and can't wait to get my hands on this game.

Attached: 1551909948257.png (1244x1314, 505K)

>Autists can't follow a rhythm
>everyone is losing their mind because they will never play this game

>with the gameplay of necrodancer
Glad we got that sorted out, it's worthless to play them.

Imagine being literally dumber than a monkey and not knowing what zelda games are like.

Please, "it's too hard" is such a dumb excuse people use. The World Ends With You switch shills do the same.
>you only dislike Switch version because it's too hard for you to beat even though it's 300% easier than the original DS version

Because they're Nintendo and objectively considered some of the best games of all time. snoyboys can't handle that and do everything in their power to discredit it.

So why does Link not look like Link?

>it has a zelda skin on it so it's totally not a shitty Necrodancer game even though the entire combat and gameplay is from Necrodancer

Read you fucking retard read!

Attached: F2CDE031-6DD2-49B0-827A-54B47C03EF02.png (300x585, 390K)

Attached: 1527865213129.jpg (720x720, 251K)

If someone doesn't like the necrodancer gameplay, they won't like it just because it's got a zelda coat of paint.

....that's not "tumblr", though? If it was "tumblr" everyone would have excessive blush and huge fat noses.

Devs are faggots. pixel art is sloppy. concept is half baked.

It's tumblr because I dislike it

This
WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU ALL SO FUCKING BAD AT THIS HOLY SHIT

>tumblr artstyle
>anime eyes
>actually normal looking nose
what

>Fuck off, this looks better than Link between worlds and the new Links awakening combined.

Attached: adrian crimson.png (447x596, 345K)

I don't like the tumblr art style though and I don't like this, so it makes sense the two would be the same thing.

>literally changing the subject
Literally all I have been saying is that it's a zelda game with the gameplay of necrodancer. That doesn't mean you will like it if you hate necrodancer. Just that it's a zelda game with the gameplay of necrodancer.

You are the one saying "no bro it's totally a Zelda game" even though it's clearly a Necrodancer game.

That's like calling Hyrule Warriors a Zelda game when it's a Musou game.

This but unironically.

Based, he gets it.

Hyrule Warriors is indeed a zelda game, just like Cadence of Hyrule.

Attached: 29bebcbf6f400816ad0b5eb903926e4e.png (930x894, 398K)

If anything it looks like the Capcom Zelda Games

Fuck forgot the picture

Attached: 92D1A4D0-3816-45EA-B19D-841490B6347C.gif (500x333, 92K)

Yeah, I was joking. I don't think it looks tumblr either

Both ALBW and LA are modern takes on classic beloved games that fix some of the issues those classics had, with LA it will fix the issue of not having enough buttons and having to open your inventory constantly. Even if Candice of Hyrule is ok it still won’t compare to these two games, especially given that anyone who’s played necrodancer already knows how this game will be. I’m sorry but this meme game simply cannot compete with the two reimaginings/remakes

Crypt of the Necrodancer was fucking great.
Suck my cock, Snoyfag.

Attached: 1528172461179.gif (406x449, 1.4M)

Ok then, I'll go boot up Hyrule Warriors and go explore the overworld then followed with dungeons since it's a Zelda game.

But I'm a Nintenfag and think Crypt is shit.

>If you're not consuming corporate product, you're an effeminate homosex
t.

Attached: bootlicker.jpg (500x329, 52K)

Then get in line, my cock isn't going to clean itself.

>nintenfag has shit taste
ofcourse.

Yea Forums is Sonygaf.

But that's an indie's job.

What a gay OC

>Nintendo is using
This is not being devved by Nintendo, you braindead tard.

>it's another sonyroach falseflaging episode

You’re fucking gay.

Apparently this month so I reckon straight after the Nintendo e3 presentation

Didn't they make some random character trans out of the blue?

The artist goes so whole hog on enemy designs compared to humans I always think they should have picked up two artists that could handle both on their own time. Admittedly even a 10/10 artist can't fix "grandma with shitty part" and "transsexual with danger hair", but they'd at least match on detail level between monster and human.

Attached: necrodancer-amplified-696x398.jpg (696x398, 74K)

Attached: 154836547.jpg (1246x972, 837K)

I don't own a PS4 and own a Switch though. You can interrogate me if you want. My most played Switch game is Splat 2.

>B-BUT SNOY
This is when I think sony fans do right in making fun of us nintendo fans.

Attached: 1555149609931.png (960x720, 756K)

Non-binary, but the game doesn't mention it. It's only a thing on one of the dev's twitter account.

Attached: 1530574371793.png (528x720, 51K)

Fuck that looks so good, can't wait.

have sex. Watching your wife sucking her bull doesn't count.

>nigger with a spear that is fast
What did they mean by this

Horseshoe theory. By trying to make a respectful depiction of a non-white, they used every racist stereotypes in the book. An other great example of this phenomena would be Jacob from Mass Effect 2.

It hurts too because triforce heroes was close, they just ruined it with classic boneheaded Nintendo online. Literally just give Four Swords functional online and it'd be amazing.

Necrodancer had some of the worst voice acting and story I'd seen in a long time. Not surprised that the creators of BotW were eager to do a crossover with it.

falseflag too obvious

So tell me shithead, if I don't play indie games, what kinds of games should I play? What kinds of games do you play?

that pixel art is 100 times better than the sloppy shit in the video.

>playing Crypt of the Necrodancer for the story
>not disabling the cutscenes
Uncultured plebeian.

>Have to do the gimmick bullshit
>Have the RNG of Necrodancer
>PLUS you have to go in the fucking overworld
Necrodancer's good because it's short as fuck and replayable / restart until you get a good item. Doing a WHOLE Zelda game like that is going to get tedious.
>And once you beat it you'll unlock some infinite dungeon that should've been the game in the first place.

I did eventually start skipping them because they were so bad and I never said I was playing it for the story. I'm just saying that the quality was very similar to BotW in that aspect.

>still crying about botw

>he thinks BotW has a good voice acting and story
Maybe reddit would be more your style kid

this, go to reddit if you want to like something

But user, indie games have SOUL even though 90% of them are copy/pastes of each other with some gimmick to make it slightly different or a blatant copy of an existing franchise. Don't you want to play games with SOUL?

BASED ea executive!

nice deflect.

this

>good game and good game series merge
>Yea Forums shits on it

Nah you guys can fuck right off. This shit and Spelunky 2 are gonna be great.

Attached: latest.png (228x316, 40K)

>crypt of the tranny
>good

I just hate rhythm games in general

the game itself has no references to trannyshit, the only reason you'd relate the game to trannies is if you're a twitter faggot and should fuck off back there.

Based indie tranny

Relogic should have been the one of only indie devs to get to touch the Zelda franchise

that's even crazier because at least being a tranny is a documented mental illness. "non binary" just means your character identifies as an attention seeking faggot.

Don't westerners have good artists at all? Why do their games always have such bad art?

indies are usually talentless hacks & talentless hack work with other hacks as they're also too cheap to hire proper artists.

This is a test post. Don't (You) me.

kek dilate

Attached: 0e0.jpg (800x800, 113K)

>Western animated art

You're asking too much, especially given we're in that era where people are now using mish and meshes of CalArts and Fleischer animation or taking other peoples' art styles/poor mans' anime.

This is now the part where we're going to pretend even Sonic Mania doesn't have any of this in everything regarding animation when even that has slight resemblances.

Nintendo only "values" their two biggest franchises (Pokemon and Mario)

Zelda isn't nowhere near as big as those two, so Nintendo isn't as strict with who they let handle it

There's no such thing as CalArts, retarded zoomer

it's almost like indies don't have the budget that AAA companies have, woah

>shit talking Mania's graphics
Peak faggotry right here, folks.

Woah it’s almost like Indie devs are lazy pieces of shit without an ounce of creativity

to this day I still don't get why sjws praise hijabs
that is ACTUAL female oppression, yet they decided to celebrate it while focusing all their hatred on fictional characters being too sexy

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 40K)

Might be the second Zelda i actually play, third if i count Quest for Camelot

There was a danganronpa crossover?

>Shit talking

Stop twisting my words. I meant similarities. In this time and age, it's impossible for any Tumblr or Twitter artist that takes inspirations of that kind not to be in any current animated project, no matter how big they may be. It's starting to take shape and you can tell.

It's particularly hard to mimic a style like Zelda's unless you're already used to it since the very beginning. People always have this niche they take with them the minute they start to draw, which comes from inspirations. There was something similar that started to happen in Japan as well where people would start coloring the characters' eyelashes in girls for instance. People even unwillingly do it.

They're not oppressed in our enlightened society, so they just CHOOSE to wear it, with no one telling them to

ITT: Pointless bitching until bump limit

>LoZ got #Calarts'd
Kill me

Has there ever been a group of people more dependent on social validation? Seriously, they jizz every time they see a speck of representation in anything.

It's just the cover art that is terrible, the ingame sprites are fine

gotta love how indiefags always deflect to western aaa because they can't admit that mid-budget japanese games run circles around their indieshit.

It's " the enemy of your enemy is your friend" thinking

There's no such thing as a small studio anymore. You're either indie or AAA, there is no middle ground anymore.

i dont hate it, and ive encountered many other anons who dont either

The ingame sprites remind me of Minish Cap so I'm happy.

>he didn't play Dancing in Despair
cringe and blupilled

>Nintendo sees cool game mechanic that would work well with Zelda
>decides to do a cross-over
>Yea Forums shits its pants in anger
classic Yea Forums

Attached: 1559104357335.jpg (853x1200, 82K)

you're all retards
if you don't like it don't buy it
stop coming to Yea Forums just to shitpost about it
yikes

>choose
Until they don't and the mob comes knocking. People allowed to have a choice only if their choice is "the right one".

found the tranny butthurt that people don't like HIS game

I don't give a shit about the portraits. In game it's the best looking top down Zelda since the GBA era. Wish they'd use that style for maingames again.

>liking funkopop link
ouch

absolutely b&r

It’s better than tranny of Hyrule calarts design

I didn't see a single red nose, OP. Not sure what you're going on about.

damn It looks awful

>screen shakes every time you hit an enemy
>Link hops to travel

I want this game simply for the Zelda aspect, but fuck everything about this.

Attached: 1451149153019.jpg (532x502, 56K)

CotN was fun, I don't know how well the rhythm mechanics will translate to a prolonged adventure game though since they kept stages short and sweet originally which was a good way to prevent fatigue and dull backtracking.

Attached: 1412889164826.gif (316x213, 1.9M)

Don't Zelda games tend to be drastically different from the last one, don't see how one game can ruin an entire series for you?

It really does. Especially because the other art in the trailer looked pretty good and then it's the horrible clay aesthetic

The hopping is specifically a Necrodancer thing. The hopping is supposed to be like bouncing to the beat of the song or whatever.

Well, it's using the Necrodancer gameplay, which is why they jump like that

>it's trash on purpose !

It's a gameplay mechanic you dunce. It's a rhythm game, and it's cool if you don't like it, but that doesn't mean it's shit

The hopping thing is stupid thing a lot of these indie devs do to make their games more “quirky”

This
Support EA and Activision. Their games are way more epicer