Why haven't you entered the world of visual novels yet, Yea Forums?

Why haven't you entered the world of visual novels yet, Yea Forums?

Attached: fat.png (1785x868, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TMitterOfficial/status/1134011805318074368
youtube.com/watch?v=pcNLYNF4mK8
tsukikan.com/misc/kanwatsukihime/02.html
tsukikan.com/misc/kanwatsukihime/index.html
youtu.be/CMUrv4UdNXQ
07th-expansion.net/cico/story.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I already did, Umineko is pretty nice so far and I'm only at chapter 3.

Attached: 20190524022306_1.jpg (1920x1080, 130K)

Where do i start?
I liked Steins gate btw.

The Zero Escape series is pretty nice, it has time travelling too.

Attached: 1553294133051.gif (103x162, 39K)

Because Visual Novels are arguably the single most inept and pointless forms of narrative media ever fucking devised by human kind?
I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there are't ones that have story worth going through, but man is the format awkward in every way, and most of them are just suffering to get through.
It literally takes the worst of both written and visual communication and throws them together. All VN's that are worth a damn are worth it DESPITE being VN's.
And I just ain't got time to slog through them and watch the format cripple what potential is there when ultimately, there is still enough good stories delivered in less broken ways.

I played this one and felt practically nothing except for when the milf gets eaten because I wasn't paying attention and got caught by suprise
>tfw all the choices you make in the previous two games mean nothing and the protag just chalks it up to "hmm i must have forgotten"
I understand it's supposed to be her route but still, have the decency to respect my choices and give me a bad ending or something for fucks sake

Attached: 14124123123.png (631x181, 27K)

Ahh, we're doing this again? Let me roll my next game

Evens: Muv-Luv
Odds except 9: Remember11
9: Umineko

Attached: hakushoubar.jpg (1125x1600, 526K)

Im not that desperate

Because the anime is always better

everyone knows that the only good VN's are the ones where you can fuck your sister.

The only problem with that is that i absolute cannot stand that ear bleeding high pitched "ONII ChAN". why can't she just act normal but still be my sister, or better yet don't act interested in me at all but show her affection in other ways until she can't hide it.

>fate
>milf
what the fuck kind of game were you playing?

thats because you havent looked hard enough, you re playing the generic stuff, start with the most basic one where the sister is not a generic shitter like yosuga no sora

Enjoy true kino my friend.

Attached: Battler grin.png (229x197, 58K)

You couldn't tell by the vivid description of the image? It was MuvLuv Unlimited

not in fate or uminekos case

Can I fugg hot anime girls.

Attached: 1557647595171.jpg (300x300, 59K)

>last VN thread was great
>this one is already infested with a lot of edgy 12 yo retards
I can't believe euro hours are worse in this regard than murrikan's

God...how is Sakura Matou so cute?

Attached: 15567703939242.jpg (1906x1074, 216K)

What is a visual novel where I can be the girl and have passionate sex with other girls?

Wolf Tails

I'd rather read a book or play an actual videogame

Because if I read something, I'd rather read a book or something which is helpful to me as a person, visual novels are not.

t. FSN fan who didn't plsy the VN

ive already taken the VN pill a long time ago

there was even a point Ive read every translated one and had to wait for new translations. Its pretty amazing how much people are working on it now

Attached: lewd rambling old woman.png (627x92, 32K)

Muv-luv and Grisaia are still the best translated VNs.

See

kill yourself you fucking faggot

If I could lose all memories of a game and play it again it would be umineko

Post her pic

same, except the play it again part

What are some good VNs to play when I liked the concept of MuvLuv with aliens and the protag reviving back in time after dying but retains his memories and especially the gore
Not the whiny MC attitude though

>used goods

Attached: fate stay night worms.png (542x1080, 208K)

Attached: pants is full.png (1280x719, 1.03M)

>when the girl that seems average in the general route turns out to be bestgirl

Attached: 1553716275250.jpg (1280x1087, 150K)

At least give some reasons as to why you think that way you fucking nigger

In 2008 when UBW patch was released and Ever 17 was translated in Russian. I didn't know English enough and used PROMT as parser

cyka blyat ))))

Attached: russian.png (676x528, 162K)

>VN has dedicated handholding scene

Attached: 1544013070258.jpg (1024x576, 158K)

I just finished Little Busters and thought my long time with it was well spended, but ending it with a time reset was shit, I understand the motive and everything that needed to happen, but it's just a cheap way to get a happy ending

*spent
jesus christ

>he fell for the KEYshit meme

Attached: anime girl visits 4chan.png (1024x768, 1.08M)

source>?

im not into sharing my wife.

Attached: 1553717920943.gif (500x267, 470K)

OK.
The problem is that the games mix visual and textual storytelling very awkwardly. I don't think I need to explain the advantage of a visual medium, right? Textual media, on the other hand, are slightly more interesting in what they can't and can do: the obviously biggest advantage is that you require relatively low investement to create virtually unlimited possible scenes, and you involve the reader more in the process of creation the scene. Another advantage of a textual medium is that it allows for the reader to dictate his own pace and have a relatively high freedom of involvement with the fiction.

Now, the problem of VN's is that they strip most of the advantages of textual narration away. Basically restricting the text to dialogue and inner voice narration while the scenes, characters etc... are largely conveyed visually. But the visuals are never impressive either.
This strips the medium both of the involvement of imagination typical for text, and the grandiosity, craft or dynamics of a visual media.
And the progression being based dialogue-like discrete chunks DOES NOT HELP. In general, dialogues in games have an issue with the descrete cut-up, and nowhere does it become more apparent than in VN's. Constant interruption of the flow the text harms it: and let's be honest, most of the text isn't well written because again - it has to share space awkwardly with visuals.

Another problem is that with identity. Games with high degree of interactivity can immerse the player, as his actions and actions on screen have a direct and natural relationship. In VN's, you are often forced to read for hours about what some OTHER bloke is doing or thinking, just to be suddenly jolted awake every 5 hours to suddenly identify with him - for one choice - and then get divorced again for significant chunks of the experience.

As a result, it's just awkward. Never visually or kinetically involving, but lacking the freedom of expression text would offer.

Iam playing Dracu-riot right now and its comfy read
After that iam planning to read 11eyes or Fortissimo

How bad is the machine translation and how did they get away with it?

Attached: brofriend best girlfriend.png (800x600, 264K)

Fate/stay night+hollow ataraxia is getting a reprint and pretty much all the comments are asking for Tsukihime - Blue Blue Glass Moon, Under The Crimson Air.

twitter.com/TMitterOfficial/status/1134011805318074368

Attached: 1543795201085.jpg (1184x895, 82K)

Good post.

>read dracuriot
>think im gonna fuck the nazi vampire girl silly
>instead turn the miko girl into a buttslut
not what I expected but damn it was hot. Especially when you bang her again in her butt later and she swings between loving it and being embarrased loving it

Attached: ev018a.jpg (800x600, 56K)

because there are like 5 good ones
the rest is just eroge that either have a hentai or their whole lewd gallery uploaded where i can quickly jack off to without reading shit dialoge

have sex

They do compensate for all of the shortcomings at least slightly in two ways: A) extremely low barrier to entry makes it a half-decent medium for creative people without other options of expression (which is why I think despite how bad for storytelling they are, there is a somewhat heightened ratio of interesting stories to dull ones compared to say - classic videogames).
And they do offer at least the SUPERFICIAL level of involvement (most of them, at least) in the form of branching narrativity.
But still, the three major problems: dull visuals, restrained textual expression, and involvement-problems, cripple the medium.
I think most of the stories they tell could have been better served as a mere hypertext or straight up literature.

As a side note - this might not be a problem with medium itself, but it is a common problem with most VN's - they are INSANELY overbloated with superfluous narration.

join Islam

Higurashi: thriller
Umineko: mistery
Coconia: ???

Is it a red herring? I hope it will not turn out to be a like Fate or Dies Irae. Is Ryukishi just baiting us?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

They obviously will not reprint Tsuki. It is out of "canon" now.

Just finished Yu-no and I wish I had played the remake instead.

I play Euphoria

why are mommy's milkies off limits till she's pregnant? I'm hungry NOW!

Attached: HReb.jpg (600x500, 126K)

VN is great medium. Look at Mahoyo. This is like fairytale book with great OST and action scenes. Or Fata Morgana Great potencial for immersive stories. Much better than anime.

the VN allows for choose your own adventure without the issue of having to flip through pages. The visual aspects can give you a good feel of space without requiring a lot of resources. You can tell a lot of the person based on his visual design and expression. Unlike manga however it doesnt require a unique art asset for every shot in a scene. The talking heads with a simple background can fill out most of the text. This allows them to focus the shots that matter with unique CG. This is clearest in erotic visual novels. The few CG mean they can be of high quality while the story and buildup can be low effort (visually).

Shit like long winding dialogue or inner monologues isnt the problem of a VN, its the problem of bad writers. They arent written by good writers nor are they worked on by an editor. Which creates bad writing. If youve read any LNs you know they are just as bad in that regard.

Also I think youre wrong thinking of VNs as extension of books. They are more closely related to point and click adventure and text adventures. From a actino adventure with dumb cursor they went to the VN style but in a scene you would have to select actions from a menu like "look, interact, think" and then read 10 lines, then go through the menu again for another option. And then often to advance the story you would have to exhaust all options, which makes the menu basically redundant. VNs cut this out and just put all the text in sequence without the menu

Political intrigue with a side of chuuni like RGD

Attached: 1543494187485.jpg (2667x1500, 3.02M)

I like VNs where girls drop big ol logs.

There needs to be a visual novel with the comfy of Katawa + Grisaia's opening 8 hours and the soul crushing actualisation of Heaven's Feel mixed with Rewrite's best parts with the puzzle solving of Yu-No.

Is that too much to ask?

>he doesnt want to spend 10 hours getting to know and get close with an anime girl before having gentle sex.
fag

Attached: 1461707781149.jpg (740x740, 490K)

this
also vn community is kinda retarded
Like look at the highest scored vns on vndb or something and the reasoning, most retarded shit i ever seen.
Thats a problem in niche media/genres general where people think shit is good

>knowing her
>gentle sex
>post generic walking anime tvtropes char that is a slut
yikes

I have but not recently, mainly because I need to fix my sleep. I am so tired that I really can't do long reading sequences with falling asleep.

I did. I just can't stand the sorrow of losing someone you come to love and friends you care for. Over and over again. Even if it's an illusion, it still hurts.

>pic related

Attached: finishing a vn.gif (720x450, 3.39M)

>
like pottery
also i agree, there are some good vns but especially more of the popular ones are like giantic bad time wastes. I also fell for muvluv/alternative meme on vndb and it was just fucking bad and embrassing

Considering that you type like a 12 year old I don't think anyone cares about your opinion.

Recommend me some switch VNs, like every other newfag I'm looking for something like S;G an overall interesting story and interesting characters

At least they're not as bad as LNfags

Attached: looking outside after being lost in a VN.png (1017x1727, 2.78M)

>I also fell for muvluv/alternative meme on vndb and it was just fucking bad and embrassing
yeah, KEYshit and muvluv are being recommended so much and I think its a leftover from the early days when it was popular in japan and to be part of the incrowd you had to love it.

I have, and I love love LOVE the good ones.

Starter recs:
Saya no Uta: great horror VN, only like 4 hours long, has 3 endings behind 2 choices so it's super simple to get into, has a good waifu
Grisaia no Kajitsu: Very long (70 hours?) VN with a very long common route (common route being the slice of life part before you split off into character's different routes), a group of great waifus, great comedic scenes, good action and mystery scenes, and a good hook in that all the girls have something "wrong" with them, and learning more about them and figuring out why they need to be in this special school for damaged people (like you do) is interesting.
Fate: It's a classic, if you don't have spoilers (like the girl in OP's image true name) just read it blind. If you've been spoiled it's worth a read just as a true classic
Ever17: God tier VN, The first 60% of it is pretty slow and you might not like it that much, but the last 40% will blow your mind over and over and over again with insanely good twists, all of which have proper foreshadowing and make logical sense and STILL contribute to the plot in meaningful ways. Like, there's legit over a dozen twists that could hold up a M N Shamalayn movie by themselves in this 1 VN, and they interconnect. You do have to get through some world-building and stuff that might seem boring the 1st time to get to the twists, but those twists put EVERY past scene in a new light in multiple ways, so they redeem those scenes as well.
A Drug That Makes you Dream: This is a good one if you want sad stories about sad girls with relatively modern problems like bullying or drugs, lots of sex scenes you can skip if you want.
Katawa Shoujo: It's not a meme, it's just plainly good (and free legally). A fairly short (20ish hours?) pure dating/comedy/drama VN that lets you date a cute girl, all of which are damaged in more literal ways than Grisaia girls are, oh and you're damaged too.
Tsukihime: Hipster Fate.

Attached: ShareTheLove.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

u give a triggered remark to it because i roasted your favorite sex game so it seems working
>intressting story and chars
whoo boi thats gonna make it thin
the only one i can think on the switch is yuno remake that comes in a couple of months

true i guess

>love the good ones
>"this one has this waifu"
YIKES

Is everything okay user?

I will admit I haven't played either of these, but I somewhat doubt there would not be a more efficient way of conveying that.

Most of your points actually align with mine (ever thought of why choose-your-own adventure books and hell, picture-books in general are so rarely used for mature storytelling?) and with things I expanded upon here: That said: the problem of the discrete division of dialogues is not an issue of bad writing: it's an issue of the medium itself. I did make a point in the second post (I should have linked the two together better) that the issue of textual bloat is not inherent to the medium itself, but sadly just... common to it.

You are however mistaken in thinking I view VN's as extensions of books. If I made that impression, it may have been poor phrasing, but definitely not the intention.

I think of VN's as a separate medium. Much like comics, classic videogames, cinema, or display. It's precisely why I spending that time on the analysis: because I view them as their own thing.

I don't think that changes the point though. The issues are still the same. And arguing that they are like point-and-click except without the actual INVOLVEMENT AND PROBLEM SOLVING does little to help your point. The point of most point-and-click is that: solving problems. Puzzles. Interacting.
The rest at least have... more kinetic and direct involvement. Though I will happily admit that I see TellTale's games as far more akin to VN's than anything else.
And perhaps for that reason, I don't enjoy them very much.

sadly no, people still recommending shit

Play Death Mark, it's a title that went totally under the radar despite being one of the most fun VNs I've played in a while. It's pretty short and sweet.

I like how pizza moon carries on to the next games

??

>also vn community is kinda retarded
This is very common for niche medium communities and it's fairly understandable, to be honest. Anime used to have (at least in my country for the longest time) very similar problem. Horror movie fan community also.

It's a problem of having a very restrictive pool of available works with very distinctive features, where you exhaust the good stuff very quickly, and you quickly start searching for stranger and stranger excuses to appreciate more works:

We used to say that any fanboy for a particular niche medium or genre will sooner or later because a "connaisseur of shit". I've been that path myself a few times in my life.

It could easily be a red herring, I doubt the series would jump that far out from what it's done in the past. It could end up being like certain parts of Higurashi or Chaos;Head and Chaos;Child in a way, where the MC has delusions that aren't actually a part of reality. You could make a pretty good story out of that if you didn't cheap out like C;H and C;C did where the delusions aren't actually included in the plot 99% of the time and they're just free fanservice scenes that the MC instantly forgets. If the game was C;H or C;C except the MC actually thought the delusions were real and let them influence future decisions, it would be a lot like certain parts of Higurashi.

A VN where a chuuni MC has literal delusions making them think they're a superhero or something meanwhile they're actually doing something horrible like attacking innocent people could lead to a great twist that radically changes the story, I won't assume Coconia is shit after the other WTC games were so good.

>The point of most point-and-click is that: solving problems. Puzzles. Interacting.
Wrong. Aside from a few titles like Myst, and the autism of Sierra games, pretty much all of the standout point and click games were LucasArts, and they were LucasArts for a reason. These games had no fail states, the puzzles exist simply to gate the next piece of well written story content. When you ask people what they loved about Monkey Island, one of the dumb puzzles doesn't spring to mind. The writing and characters do.

Telltale games are as far from VNs as you can get, because they are built purely on the illusion of choice, which is something you'll very rarely find in an actual VN. Either your choices matter, and it's obvious, or your choice doesn't matter, and it's obvious. You aren't misled, the game doesn't pretend that if you picked the other option the story would be completely different.

They are legit good though, so most will be able to appreciate his post, maybe not you, but that doesn't matter.

>cya with pictures are shit

>the problem of VN's is that they strip most of the advantages of textual narration away
Not really. The only massive thing separating them from real novels is the fact that the art takes away almost the entire role the imagination would have in normal reading, but as someone who's read a lot of literature over the years, the "visualizing" aspect is genuinely one of the least important parts. What people love about the written medium is that it gives you free reign to enjoy the wildest fancies of the mind through abstraction and figurative language, but even still, this is possible to a massive degree in VNs - it just doesn't happen because the audience isn't a 'literary' crowd. Nothing is stopping us from having writing on par with actual literature, there's just no market for it. This is a fault of the culture surrounding it, but not the medium itself.
>But the visuals are never impressive either.
This is really subjective, some CGs are gorgeous.
>Constant interruption of the flow the text harms it: and let's be honest, most of the text isn't well written because again - it has to share space awkwardly with visuals.
I'm not sure I understand your point here. It sounds like you're saying having the game spit out 1-2 sentences at a time as its method of storytelling is inherently bad, but I've never noticed an issue with it. If a character would say something as a paragraph in a book, they just say it across multiple lines. If you miss something, you scroll up. There's no complex structure being missed here because people generally speak and think in short bursts in real life. Like in a play.
>you are often forced to read for hours [...] for one choice [...] and then get divorced again
There's a good reason for this IMO. In real life, significant decisions are rare, and the rest of the day to day, from our view, generally has little impact. This kind of thing is excusable.

Ultimately, I just disagree that VNs being visual really takes anything away.

Some people enjoy waifu character archetypes. There is nothing wrong with pointing out that a horror VN has a cute girl in it.

Attached: Nonsense.jpg (400x240, 70K)

Will give them a shot, thanks anons

I still think VNs have storytelling potential that is terribly mishandled. I agree with the other user about the visual/narrative balance being out of whack, the games want you to have a kind of set pacing but most of the time they just take too much time to convey very little information.
I think the best are VN-inspired interactive point&clicks like Zero Escape that actually do neat "tricks" with the medium and make good use of the insane potential of branching paths/switching PoVs (which were taken from Ever17 but in a much more interesting manner, at least for me).
But holy shit are LNs the most low effort shit ever made, and fans usually blame the crappy writing on the translation when the substance is the same.

Lack of fail-state does not mean the puzzle-solving element isn't an important part. You are forgotting (like a lot of people tend to do) that fail-states exist in TWO distinct forms - explicit and implicit.
NOT SOLVING the puzzle is a implicit fail-state. And the story is usually used as a motivation to encourage the puzzle-solving (and in some later point-and-clicks, and ultimately the Tell-Tale style of adventure games) it does degenerate into just glorified "next cutscene" button: but those games suffer for it for the most part.
And I think it would be really fucking unfair to claim that Lucas Arts, or any of the dozens of good point-and-click adventure studios used the puzzles as an afterthought.

As for the TT games - you can't be more wrong. TellTale form is a degeneration of a point-and-click adventure, and the illusion of choice is not the main reason people engage with them: the actual story itself is. The fact that there is a semblance of branching narrativity, by the way, makes them EVEN CLOSER to VN's: branching narrativity is VN's main claim to fame.

So if you want to talk about how they are related to each other: TellTale format are firmly in the middle between a VN and a point and click adventures. It is actually the closest relative medium other than a small hand-full of hypertextual literary works.

Bros what the fuck did they name the tree in YU-NO I don't get it

yep, good post
u can see that also in other stuff. Like for example in the later 2000s (and desu. still now arguably) where jrpg were past their popularity hight and they were much less arround people started to proclaim shitter jrpgs are somehow good.
Same thing with vns just extremer

Choose your own adventure books arent used a lot since they are far too big to reasonably produce. Choices become exponential and you see this all the time when games try to allow this. At first they give you a bunch of choices, then they realize its untenable and they either stop updating or start ignoring choices. Or they start integrating routes back together to keep it somewhat managable. This isnt only a problem of choose your own adventure, but also of stories that stack mystery upon mystery, or books with loads of characters. Big doorstopper novels with 10s of characters like a song of ice and fire are just hell to write because he has to manage this many characters. LOST just kept coming up with more mysteries without ever being able to satisfyingly conclude old mysteries.
Patreon porno games are another good example. They have this idea that you can date any girl and any combination of girls. But then after introducing 5+ girls they realize how fucked up it is. Since you have 5 solo routes, 10 threesome routes. And then you also have the 4some and harem options. Halfway development they realize it and either have to prune shit, stop updating, or just crank out content knowing they will never get it done. Especially since if you have even 1 choice you double the amount of content you need to produce.

Picture books are rarely used because of history. Comics were cheap and sold to kids. Same with animated movies.

I think VNs can offer something no other medium can offer. And that alone makes them worthy. Even if most writers dont know how to exploit the possibilities. The fact that 90% of the content is moege that is little more than pulp fiction doesnt change that. I mean, 90% of movies is capeshit nowadays.

Attached: 1546052754549.jpg (749x1000, 106K)

>they are legit good because i wrote shit like this one has good waifu, this one, this one is classic, this one is god tier, not evne explaining one artistic quality

pizza butt not getting some butt love in the fandisk disappointed me

Attached: anime girl not so tough after her butt is penetrated.png (835x353, 384K)

You're autistic

I tried reading the FSN VN and boy it's dreadful. It's like the writer has no sense of pacing at all and every scene drags on and on forever.

true, but if u trying to sell someone something and one of your 4 flimsy points is waifu, we know what its actually being advertised her. Pi in VLR is a bonus. In most VNs those fucker enjo is the whole selling point

Visual novels aren't my favourite medium, but the titles from the medium are the ones that have had the most impact on me out of every current story telling medium there is.

There has to be some merit in that.

I did and I was fucked over by a surprise NTR ending

Attached: Ashe loves dicks.jpg (1280x720, 728K)

That's because you stopped after 6 hours.

Go away /vn/

>thread about why vns are shit
>"u need to sift through 6 hours fun to get to the part which u will eventually enjoy"
pottery

What's the best way to avoid surprise NTR in visual novels?

Thanks for reminding me that I haven't finished Fate/hollow ataraxia yet OP.

>Born
>"lol wtf is this, you mean i need anuther 30 years b4 im a mature adult??? yoo fuck this shit im out XD"

Only play well known NTR games so it's not a surprise.

Worst analogy of the day award goes to you

imagine thinking this is even a smart retourte

Search for games without NTR on vndb,

>The only massive thing separating them
As you said: that is a rather MASSIVE difference. I'm not sure what you mean by "visualising the thing" - I'm wondering if we have a very different way of reading to begin with here. Conveying imagination through text is not a mere question of creating a painting in your head: text communicates in far more complex way, and that is precisely what VN's lack. In a good literature, every single choice of words impacts the reader and his impression: it's not about translating visuals into text and back again in readers mind.
There is not much analogical analogical to use of an apt metaphor to describe something in VN: outside of the dialogue and inner monologue, and occasional intentionally purely informative portions, it's largely a what-you-see-is-what-you-get format. Sure the text itself can still function AS a text would, but again, then you have a clash between the visual and textual format: And it's like reading a book where every four to five sentences, you have to put the book down and then pick it up again. Which is what I mean by it being harmed by discrete segmentation: an issue common to most dialogue systems in games, but really only becomes incredibly grating when it comes in such volumes.
If you do not have that problem, I am surprised but let me assure that you are an absolute minority. Most people hate having to interrupt reading frequenty for arbitrary reasons. And the segmentation itself restrains the flow of text. You won't see use of block-wall paragraphs like Kafka or some works of Dostojevsky used - literally the need to divide the text into individual windows and treat them as a sequence won't allow for it. It may seem like a small thing but trust me, implications are big. It's why most VN non-dialogue text tends to be so god damn trivial.

(Cont - this is fun, I hope you aren't taking this personally - I treat this as a purely academic discussion and I hope you can do the same).

>implying the godawful pacing issues go away after six hours

Most visual novels have NTR though

Is this real? What VN?

>Bro things should just be amazing 3 seconds in no matter what the context xD
>I can't even fucking read for more than 40 minutes anyway hahaha

*blocks your path*

Attached: 2425.jpg (256x273, 24K)

embrassing
but perfect target audience for shitty vns
pottery

Despite how many VNs I've played on a whim i"ve never played one with NTR. just one with reverse cucking.

Look them up on vndb. If you see a fat balding man in the character page, AVOID!

the breakfast never ends, even in the route with a giant black pussy monster
just kys

Attached: loli teacher on NTR.png (800x600, 790K)

>shitposts on Yea Forums for 12 hours straight
>can't even read a computer book for teenagers for more than 10 minutes

Who would have thought that even visual novels had a way to keep plebs out.

Cont from previous post.
>This kind of thing is excusable.
Not from narrative mechanic perspective. Or "ludo-narrative" one, if you can stomach that word.
If most of the shit in the narrative has no impact, then why am I forced to participate on it? Either cut it out, or make your narrative entirely passive. This hybrid thing is awkward. Routine and low-impact narrative elements are absolutely fine for passive fiction, or in some cases (Pathologic, for an example) might enhance the immersion because again the player feels constantly involved.
But in VN, the player is witnessing this, NOT being involved, which causes him to detach from the character, then suddenly asked to identify. It's an issue of ludo-narrative dissonance from a textbook.
Are you the character, or are you not? Human brain generally wants a clear answer. That is why even the damn stupid movie-games figured out they need quick-time events and token crafting or walking around to prevent this sort of major divorce.
And VN's by definition do not have a way to solve this issue.

Every single one of these issues alone would be forgivable. Every medium and every individual work has limitations and flaws. But I think way too many limitations pile up in this single form of media. More than makes it worth indulging.

Attached: different VN writing styles.png (1920x891, 72K)

>the F/SN one is literally just the Dies Irae version but better
Like pottery

haha le based ddlc

Attached: Natsuki img 86.jpg (1269x764, 191K)

I played one once... it was great but also sad, I didn't pick up any other since then
youtube.com/watch?v=pcNLYNF4mK8

Attached: 1489534465136.jpg (250x247, 5K)

I have. I've already gone through all the good action novels though, so I don't reallu read them any more. I've read:
F/SN
Muv Luv Extra + Ultimate
Muv Luv Alternate
Tsukihime
G Senjou No Maou (Dropped around 3rd arc)
Demonbane (Dropped)
Dies Irae
Aside from Tokyo Babel, which I haven't read yet, there's no other good chunni novels for me to read

Attached: finishing a vn.webm (830x466, 1.22M)

>Aside from Tokyo Babel, which I haven't read yet, there's no other good chunni novels for me to read
yeah bro i have bad news for you arround half of your list ist not good chuuni stuff either so

>wasting time on a medium that has exactly 2 good entries that were both made by the same guy
kek

Attached: Ri_pc_mi.png (200x264, 65K)

I read them all. Now I have nothing left

Oh come on, Tsukihime and F/SN are great but there are other decent VNs out there.

Fate and Tsukihime(Far Side of the Moon) are really good in my opinion, but I'm a little biased as a nasufag. Muv Luv Alternate and Dies Irae are pretty mediocre but they did have some high points

user have you read Borges' Herbert Quain? It made me think of VNs but none got close to the actual potential of that kind of storytelling (to be fair not even my favorite CRPGS for that matter).
I really hope that someday some madman will make a fuckhuge branching intra/hyper/whatever-textual vidya narrative that takes advantage of the medium to the fullest.

>Choose your own adventure books arent used a lot since they are far too big to reasonably produce.
Not really. You may not be aware of this (and I would not blame you for it), but hypertextuality was - for a time, considered the NEXT BIG THING in literature, and many people have tried their hand in it in various ways, both physical and electronic. I think the two most notable results of this strange but interesting push were Pavić's "Chazarian Dictionary" and Cortazar's "Rayuela"...
The reason why hypertextual literature did not take off well is not in that it's impossible to produce: it's that it has some of the same fundamental flaws that VN's have. The fact that VN's exist and are - in a form - a glorified and even more awkward offspring of hypertextual novel experiment of the 60's-80's is a testament alone that number of choices isn't relevant.

And I'm not saying that VN's have NOTHING to offer - as I mentioned, barrier to entry and some degree of interactivity make them at times the only available option for certain fledgeling authors. But at the same time, I do believe that they are inherently fundamentally flawed, and that ultimately (in an ideal world where business is less constraining), a better medium could be utilized for every single one of them.

fate would have benefited if their would cut the crap down
aka what fate/zero was.
Muv luv is just trash, dies irae is light fate

>it's another VN where the story splits halfway through depending on which girl's "route" you pick i.e. who you want to fuck
No thanks. I don't know why VN's are populated 90% by cute girls. Even the self-insert protagonists are usually faceless.

>(Cont - this is fun, I hope you aren't taking this personally - I treat this as a purely academic discussion and I hope you can do the same).

Attached: 1470787814545.webm (540x360, 183K)

I kinda agree.
That being said, it's not necessarily the fault of VNs itself. It's not impossible to mix both visual stuff and writing in a way that players can enjoy. In fact one of my favorite games of all time is a VN style game (The Silver Case, the 25th ward). Just because most VNs are shit doesn't mean all VNs have to be shit.
Then again, 90 percent of them are.

I've gone too far.

Attached: ToF.jpg (1276x951, 121K)

Because people die when they are killed

but bro the earth populations is decimated and now we have ONLY females that want your dick in your squad, your instructor is also female, and they have latex titty suits.! ITS SO CLEVERLY WRITTEN

>yikes sweaty there's a lot to unpack here but this game is gross and problematic
Based

>user have you read Borges' Herbert Quain?
Man, I literally make my daily bread teaching Borges. You have no idea how close and dear to my heart this author is. And yes - the relationship there is rather obvious and interesting.

With that said - if you are into this kind of things, and you haven't stumbled upon it - Chazarian Dictionary. I mentioned it here already.
It is one of the most insane and (in a way) most succesfull attempts at his kind of hyper-narrative experiments, clearly and very openly inspired by more than one note from Borges.
Cortazar is a little more conservative but does a similar thing in smaller scale in Rayuela.
And come to think of it, two other authors spring into mind:
Italo Calvino and his Invisible Cities and my dear countryman, Michal Ajvaz and his Golden Age.

There were some much more insane attempts at a hypertextual novels out there. There was once a book that was LITERALLY sold in a shoebox, that contained mixture of the pages, and the reader would assemble them into a provided cover in any order he wished.
Needless to say: Not even I have bothered to remember the authors or works name.

Yoshida Hirohikos biggest trick, making people think muvluv is good

>fate would have benefited if their would cut the crap down
True. The cooking scenes, lore dumps, and the bland romance scenes brought the novel down but it's still a really good VN in my opinion.
>Muv luv is just trash
True, but I really enjoyed the PTSD Arc. Muv Luv isn't well written like I said earlier, but there are scenes that stand out for being entertaining to read.
>dies irae is light fate
Completely True. I was so disappointed because /vn/ was hyping this up to be better than Fate

yeah the ptsd arc is geniuenly good (there are some good elements like for example the effect on having something like a vidya in that kind ofa universe but 80 % is so crap its incredible.

>tfw Hollow Ataraxia's serious moments are even better

He really should write another.

checklist before expounding the philosophy of VNs:
- actually play vns
- learn japanese

Attached: 1538422447420.jpg (500x373, 90K)

There was a lore reason for the majoriry female population in the academy and the academy. Most of the males died in the first few years of battle, the survival rate for a soldier was less than 5 minutes of total fighting before death. Which is why they allowed females to join the military in the 1950s because pretty much all of the male adults were dead aside from the toppest tiers of fighters.
The see through latex suits was only for soldiers in training, its mandatory to get whatever surving males used to seeing females naked. The military can't afford to have male soldiers lusting after girl soldiers during the war, so they must be desensitized to their sexual desires. This allows the male soldiers to see the girls as a male a comrade without looking at their sex, so they can treat medical injuries, and change beside them without lusting after them. When they leave the academy and join the military, they are given non-see through armor, that will be their offical uniforms

first, i can belive u actually typed that out
second, kys
third, saying things like in 1950 they allowed females to join to military, because u read in on reddit, and have no idea what the situation and military service was like, to justify that muv luv puts u in harem setting like every other self insert vn, is the most pathetic think i seen on Yea Forums

I revised my thoughts a moment after posting with this idea: It would be literally impossible to create a Madame Bovary or Blood Meridian in visual novel format, the medium just can't handle it. This is because it uses every element of the text to create an atmosphere that goes beyond simple description. You see, in good literature it's not just "peaceful scene" followed by "tense scene", but often a mixture of things where your mind fills in the gaps, creating something very unique. And mind you, it's not a flaw of VNs that they lack this, but an elevation of literature that it's possible there in the first place.

So, I'll renege on one of my points: VNs can't match literature directly - in a similar way that theater can't. It's more like a hybrid medium, where the small text box encourages dialogue and brief thoughts over anything resembling paragraphs. Now it's sounding a bit like a play, but the inclusion of music makes it like film too. So essentially it's a complete hybrid medium, and so for what it loses from a literary angle, it has to make up for it in some other area. Simple, right?

Well, allow me to explain what I like: The narrative complexity is fantastic, and always outshines anime adaptations if they're made. I love being in a character's shoes in their own world, like in other games, but getting to see their thoughts is what puts it on another level for me. This is a carry over from literature, yet I feel the added element of music and visuals give you an element of immersion that reading alone can't provide - not to mention voice acting. Think of it like watching anime or a movie, except by design, you're always at the forefront of the action, feeling things along with the character, and seeing things how they do at the same time. It's that combination of audio-visual presence and the simultaneous use of literature-styled narrative and complexity that made me love the medium. In one summary, that's why I like VNs.

(1/2)

>where the small text box encourages dialogue and brief thoughts over anything resembling paragraphs
Then stop reading ADV trash?

>saying things like in 1950 they allowed females to join to military
I didn't read it on reddit. The BETA came after WW2. In the german anime, we see females in the army during the cold war. With some common sense you can conclude that females were in the army starting in the 1950s.
I'm not justifying the harem, I'm just explaining the latex suits

Cant I just read books?
Whata really the difference?

That is fucking hilarious.

Do books have anime tiddies?

Why is Saber so much better than her son (female)?

Attached: stupid.png (1454x178, 134K)

How so?

Art, music, voice acting, interactivity

>last thing Nasu wrote was Last Encore
He shouldn't

Attached: 47385453_p0.jpg (1183x2101, 172K)

Makes me think of Dune for some reason.

I find the notion that the author came up with a detailed backstory to justify what is ultimately just shameless fan-service comical.

Attached: im gonna be perfect from now on VN.jpg (1283x3785, 1.22M)

Big yikes. Her sister is better.

inb4 memes

Attached: uufcd1gcs9321.png (925x1329, 1.89M)

Attached: 1467206556431.png (1024x768, 994K)

her anus used, no thx

i felt bad when shirou went to town on her. She finally opened up to someone and gets brutalized

That's pretty much my kind of shit, thanks for the recs Borgesbro.

best char in her vn. wish it was translated and also not about fucking jousting

Nasu needs to be poor and desperate again to write something that isn't garbage.

I understand what you mean about segmenting and I include it in the list of weaknesses in my prior post. However, to me, the lack of participation in the visual novel experience ultimately has little impact on enjoyment. You see, I suppose we have different approaches for this in general, because the key reason I appreciate interactivity in VNs is because they allow you to take things at your own pace, and not that they necessarily allow you to participate the story in any meaningful capacity. If we're critiquing them as games from this angle, then they're undoubtedly flawed because your choices don't even matter (and there's almost no interactivity besides), but speaking strictly about the experience itself, as a storytelling medium without regard to games, I don't think lack of interactivity hurts it in terms of immersion or anything else. I will say that as games, VNs absolutely benefit from including more choices rather than fewer, even if they don't do all that much other than change a few bits of dialogue. But I think the medium by itself, even in games with zero choices to be made, is still a great one despite the flaws mentioned, for the reason I listed in my previous post. It seems you get more out of the interactivity in regular games than I do, with how you're responding, and it makes me curious on how we're different.

There's still a limit. Make the text box bigger, it's still not enough to fill the space needed for some even larger segments in actual literature which require things be connected in order to flow - just like, you know, the intro to Tale of Two Cities for instance. Not to mention having things cut to black OR having them cut to a descriptive CG is reductive in either circumstance and misses the point of the elaborate writing in the first place. The bottom line is, it can't recreate the more abstract elements of literature by design, unless it abandons the audio-visual side of the equation completely.

>it's still not enough to fill the space needed for some even larger segments in actual literature
What about pages in a book

It's the route that demonstrates that Shirou's mind is a mess and his decisions lead to choices that straight up creating an iteration of himself that hates himself so much he tries to kill him. Shirou's spastic jackhammering and Nasu's bad sex writing aside, it's not all that surprising.

Remember it was Rider's anus. She was just masquerading.

no u dumb fuck thats from the other sex scene

How come VNs only exist in anime style or western people copying anime style?

Why cant we have a stephen king book with backgrounds and sprites and spooky music?

mind of steel should be canon ending for heavens feel
change my mind
u cant

Anime. I refuse to play any games with anime artstyle.

CYOA books and text adventures are old hat and the VN format never took off in the west. You could try, good luck with that.

yet you have no problem using an imageboard devoted to all things anime

In UBW he learns that his idea is fucking retarded. in fate he white knights saber and doesnt understand hes just like her.

If anything the sex scene could be a great climax to both shirou and rin's character arc. Shirou learns to calm the fuck down and just take care of someone without having play the hero, and Rin learns to do something because she wants to personally, not because her lineage as a magus demands she it. They even open it up with rin and shirou agreeing they should have sex out of love for eachother, not just because they have to.

And then shirou starts hurting rin and doesnt try to take care of her at all.

Also, you should look up Shiin, it's anime-style but pretty cool horror all the same.

I don't go to any anime centric boards

because they became big in japan and then came over to the west because people wanted to see the source material of certain anime?

the entire route is shirou giving up on saving the world in favor of a criminal girl. Him deciding to take her down is basically a failure of his arc.

The point is that the whole thing can't be just that, because then you have a regular book. As soon as you start intermingling audio-visual elements back into the fray, you necessarily lose some of the complexity of the text because it's being simplified by these things. There's not potential to rival the depth of actual literature in VNs because these elements have to simplify somehow - find a way to correlate - and once you do that, the power of the imagination is scaled back and bits and pieces of the story are illustrated for you. It's the exact reason why films have simpler narratives than novels to begin with.

is this technically a VN?

Attached: 220px-Black_mirror_bandersnatch_poster.jpg (220x326, 22K)

>i only go to anime conventions for the video game stuff!
ok retard

You could almost see the Realta Nua version as redressing that, given that it's much calmer and demonstrates Shirou and Rin's ability to care for each other and work together, but that's probably dwelling on the issue too much.
Also, the CG dragon in Fate is still fucking stupid, so fuck that. Might as well have fucking Trogdor appear or something.

Does Unteralterbach count as anime aesthetic?

All these years later and Tsugumi is still best girl

Attached: 1548098665571.png (622x520, 528K)

I read If My Heart Had Wings, Ace Academy and of course DDLC, tried to get into Katawa Shuoju but was put-off by the absolute garbage artstyle and pacing. Tried to read SubaHibi but I can’t get past the endless, generic Yuri trash in the beginning. Yes I’m a shitter, fuck off also post recommendations

>the hamster scene
But yeah, still a best

yes

You read literal garbage but couldn't get into an actually good VN (and Katawa Shoujo), you'd probably do better on reddit.

yeah the RN version does a lot good in that department. But it still boggles the mind nasu decided to make shirou go wild on rin. I mean, if you read your final draft and you get to that scene, dont you think "hmm this is kinda rough and out of line with the rest of the story, lets keep it". Although seeing how many issues the VN has, I dont think he actually read what he wrote and he hammered out a first draft.

user pls

Attached: yuangry.jpg (500x469, 77K)

marina's cuckholding report sounds right up your alley

>Nasu needs to be poor and desperate again to write something that isn't garbage.

What makes you say that?

imagine "playing" some crappy chink VN when you could be reading a book by an actual author and get the same if not more out of it

I know. IMHHW was trash and I have no clue how I finished that shit.

yes, it's a choose your own adventure game with visuals.

It's as simple as VNs being almost all made in Japan, and as a result non-JP VN are all inspired directly by JP ones, and imitate the style because it's what they know and what players expect.

There are VN that aren't anime style, including ones that literally don't even use character sprites and ones that use human actors, but they tend to not be translated because they never get popular in the first place. The best VN tend to just go with a good looking style and then focus on the story or characters, and the only styles that tend to work are anime ones so that's what they go with.

Attached: Annotation 2019-05-31 112057.png (396x30, 2K)

What are you reading right now?

>not wanting to listen to your sister's singing every night

Attached: wellokthen.png (1200x900, 1.64M)

Just ordered Fata Morgana cause im a physical fag.

Remember11

Just read Hatoful Boyfriend user, no anime characters in it.

I'm not really into batshit anime plots with 100 times as much wordy dialogue.

>interactivity
But its just clicking to see the next piece of dialogue

>Finish FSN and FHA
>Want more
>Everything else is significantly worse
Tsukihime was good though

Attached: 1551099041331.png (307x572, 189K)

Sometimes you can choose whether you want to come inside or outside the girl.

Nasu's sex scenes are just like that, Tsukihime's were even more extreme with all the rape. It just seems indicative of the period in which he wrote and the fact that they're the first and only real attempts at writing erotic content, save for Fujino's rape in KnK.
Really, erotica isn't his calling and you can tell given how much of a formality they feel like in his works.

But I have! I'm just upset JAST is worthless and get more Empress translated.

Sometimes a choice that simple will decide if a character lives or dies.

Or if a character is never born at all.

give me game where that actually happens

Jordan Peterson's Antidote to Chaos. Clean your room, get lobster pussy.

Nasu doesn't write sex scenes. Those are by and large Takeuchi's work. Nasu didn't even want to go into the eroge market in the first place.

he lived with the guy that drew the artwork. He couldve passed it over his shoulder, have the guy give some suggestions like "when rin asks him to slow down shirou slows down and kisses her" and "rin relaxes and starts feeling good and holds him close". But I guess his grandiose future of shitting out saberclones already rotted core parts of his brain

Such fucking bullshit

Attached: 2049.jpg (970x545, 50K)

School days

Attached: cumming from a footjob.jpg (659x541, 65K)

Ever since the Fate gravy train took off his writing has gotten progressively less adventurous, to the point of being bland. It's been said that artists and writers produced their best work when in dire straights and it's probably true, TM is now making more money that it can reasonably ever spend and all the while Nasu's work is just getting increasingly duller.

I'm grateful that HF's movie (kind of) fixed that issue, at least they're actually in-character

SOMEONE FUCKING TRANSLATE IT ALREADY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Attached: Mahoyo.jpg (848x1200, 154K)

I seriously think everyone must have gotten Mizuki's bad ending the first time if they weren't aware of that choice.

I've dabbled, but in the smorgasbord of VN's the type of qualities I'm after seem to be fairly small so I haven't been able to find many that really appeal to me.

If anyone have any recommendations for games that have the following features please hook me up.
Translated into English(none of that machine translation shit either)
At least 720p.
Is mainly comedic in nature.
Doesn't have a supernatural plot and is more SoL focused.

Probably the favorite one I've played have been Majikoi. Even if it was a bit heavy in the "action and magic" elements. I just really enjoyed that kind of carefree and silly attitude it had.

I basically just want a VN version of a slice of life anime in other words.

Fuck, I should read Dies Irae

>Nasu doesn't write sex scenes. Those are by and large Takeuchi's work.
This is literally the first I've heard of this, source?

Attached: 1557697054599.jpg (364x409, 52K)

well later she let me knock her up and shove it in her butt so its all right

Attached: elfu.png (1280x570, 1.38M)

He also could've said "maybe Shiki shouldn't rape 3/5 heroines given that it's not really in his character to do so, especially as rape is one of the driving factors of the tragedy in this entire damn story" when writing Tsukihime, but he didn't. He just didn't know how to handle the obligatory sex scenes in a VN.

>Takeuchi: Yeah. It just so happened that I was in the period of my life when I was interested in the adult market, so I sort of pulled Nasu into it with me. I didn't really have much of a history in it. In the doujin world, however, seinen and male-oriented products are the ones that sell. At the very least, it was a strategy to get people to pass their eyes over our product. So I forced Nasu to do it.
Takeuchi corrupted Nasu's maiden heart

>VN suddenly turns sad

Attached: cute anime girl cucked by her own mother.png (800x600, 714K)

finishing them feels like a special project compared to most other media

Takeuchi is a legend

Attached: 1500152347263.jpg (574x649, 70K)

>Everything else is significantly worse

What about Extra, CCC, and Zero?

sauce: tsukikan.com/misc/kanwatsukihime/02.html

nasu wanted to write some shitty otomeshit story. The fact that anyone cares about nasu is because take had the sense to pull him in.

Fate is still good if you aren't spoiled and enjoy cooking

Damn it, people beat me to the punch. Read this interview.

tsukikan.com/misc/kanwatsukihime/index.html

Basically, Takeuchi is a massive sellout, while Nasu is a wallflower writer who didn't want much to do with the porn market.

I did, i play DR and Zero Escape, i also need to finish Zero Escape 2 and 3

Anyone else wish bible black could get a remake?

That just means Takeuchi wanted to do it, not that Nasu didn't write it.

I can't believe that the maids were an afterthought addition, considering how important Kohaku's actions are throughout the VN. That's kind of crazy.

>and enjoy cooking
the fucking Fate route nearly bored to tears with that shit. if you’re going to focus so much on food, at least give me some food porn to stare at

I'm still curious about how it would have turned out, I wouldn't be surprised if the intro fron Rin's PoV was because he still wanted to write something from the girl's perspective

>I want a maid
>Okay, what kind of maid
>Twin maids

Absolute madman

Attached: 1426157034065.jpg (515x724, 63K)

There's enough Fate/Prototype content out there to get the general gist, and Ayaka would've been a fucking boring protagonist.

tfw the bro is so much of a bro that he lets MC takes his tomboy childhood friend crush

Attached: 1510515820345.jpg (1283x2169, 649K)

>That just means Takeuchi wanted to do it, not that Nasu didn't write it.
He was basically a scribe for Takeuchi, not an author of those scenes.

>Nasu: I had no confidence. I told Takeuchi, "I'll leave the erotic bits to you. You can think about the situations, the flow, everything." So Takeuchi would sketch something up and show me. "It's going to start like this, continue like this, and finish like this."
>"Yes, sir!" I said, and just wrote what he told me to. Erotic parts are hard.

Okay, as the actual author of the overarching story it was still his responsibility to make the content mesh together properly, if he couldn't be bothered to tell Takeuchi that shit was out of character that's all on him.

Genuflect

Just read any generic recent moege. /vn/ would be right up your alley since that's all they read.

Its basically what school days was, tech wise

But i did

Attached: DqULmHFU8AE9fZe.jpg (1200x675, 132K)

The killer is Battler

I wish discipline would get an extended release. Its pretty wellknown it was cut short and I would love to see what else he had lined up. Usually the later scenes are the most creative so I wonder what he had planned.

Hell even an extra vanilla scene with my wife saori would be nice

its always kinda sad with these kind of preset relationships. If a girl liked you and in other routes its pretty obvious shes deeply hurt but just tries to support her best friend in his relationship. Or when your bro has feelings for a girl and you end up banging the girl he was pining for. Even if I dont like the girl its still a shame. Especially childhood friends that have been waiting for years to be noticed and then when there finally was some progress have get cucked

>fake spoilers 4 hours later
Epic

Extra had a pretty good story and managed to keep a lot of what made FSN good. Nero ruins everything she touches though
>You will never learn Japanese
Zero never really clicked with me. You find out who everybody is pretty early on, and most of it just feels weirdly edgy. It's like someone said "Fate was pretty good, but cooking and philosophy are kinda boring, so cut most of that."

Attached: 1555327899372.jpg (1058x1200, 226K)

The killer is actually Battler's twin brother that was barely alluded to

What about KnK?

Sakura is perfection

Attached: 74354280_p0.jpg (1302x1842, 1.06M)

And Battler never saw him because he passed out by pure coincidence whenever his brother showed up.

Nasu is deeply in love with Takeuchi and would do anything he says, and Takeuchi seems to be much more business oriented. It worked when they needed to tone down Nasu's autism and make something weebs would actually buy, but now Takeuchi is only worried about printing money with FGO and Nasu is going senile

>gets donated to another family
>gets tortured by rapeworms every day
>her body changes
>her old family no longer shows any care for her
>her new family is ruled by an evil grandpa that lost his marbles
>her new older brother hates her and rapes her
>her sister ignores her at school
>the only thing she has left is a selfdestructive naive senpai to secretly have feelings for
>in her own route she destroys everything she touches
I didnt like her all that much but I must say sakura deserved a better life

I've got the limited edition physical version and already read it. Get good eop.

cant really blame them. Nasu is a hack and got lucky he can vent his autism instead of working a braindead job. Takeuchi just wants money and sexy girls

I'm looking for a VN where I Knock up girls

Attached: 1559149441977.gif (300x250, 32K)

I haven't played but if it's anything like literally every other VN from the same studio you can probably impregnate some femoids.

For that I recommend Maiden Rape Assault ~Violent Semen Inferno~

>Love games and visual novels are very different, though. I suppose it'd be more convenient to call those games girl games. I actually didn't like them very much. They were really fun, but as a male, I didn't really get excited. For me, the stuff that really got my blood pumping were Japanese fantasy novels.
Mah nigga

Attached: 1546111395593.jpg (300x297, 20K)

What's a good VN that lets me go balls deep in my imouto?

>Especially childhood friends that have been waiting for years to be noticed and then when there finally was some progress have get cucked
It's inevitable when said heroine is tomboy and all her childhood friends are males

Attached: img016_ev_a07_b.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

Imouto Paradise obviously.

Definitely going to finish it one of these days haha
Just like Kagetsu Tohya hahaha
I wish I wasn't so lazy when it comes to just sitting down and reading for a while

Attached: 1550081113097.jpg (1280x960, 145K)

Looking for vanilla stuff. I don't want to be NTR'd

That depends. You want blood relations imouto?

Yes, NBR is a cop-out.

you should, it exists in the small line of good and so bad it's good

Attached: kinoge.png (1278x714, 439K)

If I wanted pure narrative and art I'd do it myself
VNs are not games

i see what you did there

I mean, you could just watch KnK, if all else fails. It's (mostly) a good adaptation.

hara chu chu and hara kano
Chichi Miko
Hara Miko Shimai
Sansha Mendan ~Rensa Suru Chijoku Choukyou no Gakuen~
Slave Witch April
Starless

>tomboy childhood friend that is a complete bro and supports you, doesnt nag and is straightforward
its like those horrormovies where the girl goes away alone and starts showering. You scream NOO at the screen because shes setting herself up for some choppy chop but you cannot do a thing.

Hell yeah motherfucker

Attached: Hell yeah.png (1280x1024, 1.94M)

Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai

Attached: 1509446508138.jpg (1366x2304, 566K)

I'll check these out thanks guys

Free friends 2 is probably the most kino incest Ive seen.

>sister and brother apart for years
>sister is in money troubles so she decides to sell herself
>she ends up fucking her brother not knowing they are related
>brother finds it out and tells her
>she moves in
>slowly love takes control of her heart

Attached: tfw no cute 2d sister gf.jpg (802x3822, 919K)

demonbane was really strange but kinda fun for chuunishit.

I liked the rich ojousama the best.

Attached: when you fall for an abusive anime girl.png (801x186, 211K)

what did I do

Attached: ai is looking at my underwear.png (1441x810, 1.56M)

I need femdom stuff, already familiar with everything Sei Shoujo has done.

Attached: 1377032032170.jpg (800x600, 257K)

Hey, i'm playing that right now. not sure what the phone picture taking thing is supposed to be for.

I'll give it a try, thanks.

Attached: love hotel.png (1280x720, 1.31M)

Demonbane is so over the top you can't help but feel like a kid playing with action figures.

Attached: Delivering the Necronomicon.png (1280x1024, 1.87M)

Ace Attorney is a series of visual novels and therefore we are more familiar with this material than we thought!

Attached: Phoenix Wright.jpg (580x334, 34K)

Is he our guy?

Attached: wtfshirou.jpg (1306x647, 553K)

You spelled 'daughter' wrong

yeah I kinda got under time pressure near the end of reading it so I kinda scanned the text instead of reading it so I dont no whether it was jsut bullshit or if I missed something when they go to space and saw the tetrahedron (or something), but that was so far off rails I didnt bother trying to understand.

the moment you go through the ancient temple, the MC gets all hot and bothered because of the miasma in the air, you assault Al, but Al beats you up, until finally resigning herself ot getting you off was kinda hot

Attached: happy oniichan feelings.jpg (800x899, 205K)

What the fuck did he even mean by the molester line

I too would like to molest Mitsuzuri.

Attached: Mitsuzuri.png (241x550, 143K)

yes. Waking up at 5 to teach yourself magic even though youre more killing yourself rather than learnign anything. Then passing idle conversation with your kohai thats obviously thirsting for your dick. saving the shool idol, and telling arthur fucking pendragon to stand back is everything a Yea Forumsirgin should desire

god, imagine fucking not!medusa and seeing her act like a cute girl

That spot is taken.

Attached: based.png (1201x898, 1.4M)

Attached: 1526189104761.png (1112x1184, 839K)

I was so annoyed at the sound of my alarm clock as a kid that I learned to wake up at around 5:50 and still do it pretty uncannily without needing an alarm, it's great.

Terrible adaption confirmed

I have the same. Except that instead of waking early. I just get woken by my alarm once. And every day afterwards I wake up 10 minutes before my alarm goes off. I put it at 7. next day I wake 6.50. although this doesnt happen if Im really tired.

Nothing, it's just a cute in-game screenshot system.

degenerate artist confirmed instead.

Fate Extraverse is pretty much Nasu's shitty fanfic.

Play the Silver Case

Attached: 1551054068593.jpg (170x259, 22K)

>Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai
i hate how the protag always uses condoms instead of just nutting inside of them the first go. Its the anime world so it doesnt matter

Imagine building up lore and intrigue for two games then discarding all of it and focusing on a meaningless side story that makes no sense for the finale

Im french and its full translated.

Its fucking kino

Learn French if you REALLY want to read it

>Learn French
Why not just learn Moon?

french is easier

Because it's easier then moon runes

But if you learn Japanese you can also read other things, whereas French will give you only Smurfs.

This user has a point

Japanese is complex as fuck i only know three languages and I'm sure i won't learn one of the most hardest languages out there

learn both

>We'll get Russian translation of SakuUta before English one
Feels good.

Attached: capture_003_19042017_140940.jpg (1280x720, 394K)

not videogames

>Bongs and burgers only get corporate translations while Spanish, French, and Russian have active scenes
Monoplebs deserve suffering for as long as they are monoplebs

>it doesnt matter
It does, the scene shows that MC is not an inconsiderate bastard that's willing to make his girlfriend worry about early pregnancy

and late he goes bareback anyway. Just have him go like >ow we need a condom. and th girl goes like >its a safe day today so its okay. and boom done

This is my favorite hentai. Sadly it was released unfinished and there will never be complete routes in it.
It's still ultra-comfy to fap to.

Attached: DISCIPLINE_tGotHM.ws_51.jpg (1208x1754, 372K)

>tfw my high school german lessons dragged me through unterbach and my french got me through tis
I hated every lesson, my teachers hated me for dragging my feet, but at least I got VNs for the wasted time

I gave up on french and learned japanese. Japanese was unironically easier for me.

Why didn't you just play Unteralterbach in English?

god his older artstyle is a treat

saving saori after hours of her getting brutally raped in bad endings gave me the biggest nut of them all. Somehow her being vulnerable and knowing she narrowly avoided endless rape did things to me

because it wasnt translated in english then

Attached: 1511816285243.png (500x500, 151K)

OP's image is literally just gibberish.

I wish I could've gone with Kaneda. She was my type. Kaoru too

Why didn't you just wait and then read it in English? Don't you feel silly now?

visual novels are not video games unless you have to do something to earn the next cutscene
zero escape is atleast a puzzle game, things like ddlc aren't

>Why didn't you just wait and then read it in English?
it wasnt certain at first

>Don't you feel silly now?
yes

>lets you take her virginity and nut inside of her for scoring well.
based

been there for 14 years

Attached: Rz889.png (1280x800, 684K)

>then
You have no right to comment on any language.

>unless you have to do something to earn the next cutscene
But you obviously have to. If you don't do anything you'll be stuck on the first line forever.

Pressing fucking buttons is not gameplay.

Isn't all gameplay ultimately just pressing buttons?

You obviously don't care about ludo.

"Ludo" is not a word in English, unless you're talking about the board game.

I enjoy them and find them fun, disprove that sparty pants.

Ludo is the kino of vidya.

>fateshit as an argument

Attached: 1539965320229.jpg (730x780, 47K)

I read real books.

Attached: 26001215_139736560068018_8067346321169768384_n.jpg (500x375, 30K)

the entry point is to hard.

Just read Fate
Don't be a contrarian
If Beyond Human and Telltale games count as video games then so do VN. Hell on the PSN, Dragonronpa and Steins Gate 0 are counted as a video games

Katawa Shoujo is a good place to start.

Well shit op, are there any vore related vn's in english?

Attached: 1558772573401.jpg (1714x3236, 230K)

based Yea Forums pseud

cringe fateshitter

Attached: 1542058844281.jpg (960x1440, 163K)

There are clearly going to be twists and turns along the way. It's part of the When They Cry series for a reason, I would assume. Though it will likely be full of chuuni fight scenes and I'm perfectly okay with that.

What was the last book you've read?

Attached: ayana.jpg (1024x768, 161K)

was talking about the highskill pvp mechanics.
i play atawa shoujou once my hacked ps-ebook reader can emulate that aswell

Attached: copr.png (1199x900, 382K)

At least the third will start to come out soon.

Do androids dream of electric sheep. Isidore stole my heart.

Attached: do they faggot.jpg (316x500, 53K)

>hey wouldn't it be funny if all the mysteries we spent an entire chapter building up were actually completely meaningless bullshit?
>wouldn't it be funnier if this happened multiple times?
>and then in the end the actual plot was about some ridiculously sappy KEY-tier bullshit?
>uh Wittgenstein lol

>implyint that Heavens Feel isn't peak literature
youtu.be/CMUrv4UdNXQ
Fate has some of the best seens that I've ever seen in Fantasy, and this is coming from someone who's read GRR Martin, Tolkien, Rowling, Sanderson etc. Nasu crafted an intricate universe of full of brilliant worldbuilding, magic, and idealism.

Attached: 1544763635163.jpg (310x288, 47K)

This but unironically

heh
Was all of her dialogue actually meaningless riddles? I'm going to be mad if so.

I was talking about the game, not Ayana specifically.

Fuck off to Yea Forums with that gay shit.
We only welcome "vn" with real gameplay like ace attorey or ghost trick on Yea Forums.

Attached: JustNo.jpg (329x399, 10K)

>all the mysteries we spent an entire chapter building up were actually completely meaningless bullshit?
>wouldn't it be funnier if this happened multiple times?
Only DTH1 is "meaningless", yet it's pretty important thematically.

You were referring to Invention then?

>we

Attached: 1556291384858.jpg (453x508, 27K)

>we

Attached: eric.png (299x288, 64K)

Invention and pretty much anything involving Zakuro

I suppose my only issue would be how they wrapped the plot up so neatly at the end there's nothing left to dwell on. Also those philosophical speeches came off like nonsense.

Yeah mate please tell me about how the hours spent on the fucking web bot project stuff and whatever else were profoundly connected to the great message that is "dude be happy lol"

packing tape!

Attached: packing tape.png (494x444, 290K)

But bro, the sky is full of words! It's the end sky bro! The summer triangle!

Can't believe how shit the steam translation is

Isn't it just the Witch Hunt translation with a couple of touch ups?

boring as fuck

Is Root Double any good

Attached: 1544374513756.jpg (5000x5000, 1.51M)

What I want to know is why Takuji before the Takashima incident was a charming loser when he was a fucking asshole as a kid

Graphic adventures like Monkey Island are the equivalent to VN in the West. An example of what you want would be I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.

Are the Ushiromiyas the most autistic family in japanese media? Not that'd want it any other way

Also, Henshin!!! is the best nukige.

no

couple downgrades you mean

Attached: 1526018906796.png (1529x477, 587K)

>profoundly connected to the great message that is "dude be happy lol"
Literally every work that deals with this sounds like that.
>Dostoyevsky: "dude find God and work hard lol"
>Kierkegaard: "dude leap of faith lol"
>Camus: "dude Sisyphus was happy, you gotta struggle lol"
Subahibi is more about accepting world in its entirety, with its good and bad parts, and there's a ton of scenes and dialogues from the beginning to support this theme. There's also a secondary theme of communication and understanding each other (that's why there's so much WItty). I liked that part of the VN. The allegory with the crying child was touching, too.
As for philosophical dialogues and all the references (that were kind of tacked-on), it seems like they were made not for ego-wank, but to make the reader interested in them. I feel like Sca-ji wanted an average VN reader (who mostly consumes VNs, LNs and manga) to actually become interested in various topics and go read Russell or at least Flatland. The execution itself leaves a lot to be desired, though.

DIE THE DEATH

The fucking clicking, jesus christ, and the scrolling text. I'm playing Heaven's Vault now and even though it mostly is a visual novel, the way the text flows on screen and the way conversations are short quibblets and not drawn out face-expositions is great.

I can't do more than 30 minutes of a visual novel for the life of me.

SENTENCE TO DEATH

GREAT EQUALIZER

IS THE DEATH

>Subahibi is more about accepting world in its entirety, with its good and bad parts, and there's a ton of scenes and dialogues from the beginning to support this theme.
Yes, the entire chapter devoted to Takuji's drug fueled cult really drove this home.

>The allegory with the crying child was touching, too.
What crying child

Hasaki is the best imouto

Attached: cuteimouto.jpg (500x375, 110K)

>Henshin!!! is the best nukige
You are man of great taste and integrity

Reread Kimika's ending, then.
Picrelated.

Attached: child.jpg (800x600, 107K)

sora is a miracle of the universe and blows any other imouto out of the water

>Picrelated.
Don't remember it

Okay. I just hope that you at least agree that Kimika is the best girl and did not deserve to die, even if she wanted to..

Attached: kimika.png (800x600, 438K)

sadly not. it's still worth a finish I guess, but it left me disappointed

>If most of the shit in the narrative has no impact, then why am I forced to participate on it?
There are almost no pieces of fiction where everything is important to the narrative to begin with. Also, what you just said applies to games with dialogue trees just as much. You don't get to choose what to say, you just get to pick an option written by someone else, and people prefer them anyway. If it's actually as awkward and unpleasant as you say, that wouldn't be the case.

Your other complaints about VN's are the same way. You are clearly wrong, because otherwise, VN's would be better off with, for example, no visuals. And that's clearly not the case in almost anyone's eyes. VN's switch between visuals and text according to the creators' wishes, and the idea that they somehow always choose wrong is just laughable. Also, many stories are told in first-person, and they do just fine with restricting the text to dialogue and inner voice narration. Many VN's also have third-person narration.
I'm pretty sure you're just self-centered and anal about trivial things.

Go through first two routes and pretend that everyone was saved by the rescue team and there was no hidden bullshit.

I only played Katawa Shoujo, Danganronpa series and Zero Escape series. I liked most of them except Danganronpa V3 and Zero Time Dilemma. What other VNs are worth playing? Are the Utawarerumono games any good?

lol who?

No, because visual novels are usually super edgy trash or ridiculous melodramatic trite written by shut-in geeks who have never spoken to a functioning human being.

>Reread Kimika's ending, then.
Yeah, one 20 minute scene really makes up for hours of literal bullshit.

I did actually do some research into Flatland right after reading that part. It is a super inspired VN, I'll give it that. The flaws kind of come when it finds difficulty actually bringing any ideas from those inspirations into the VN itself. Most of the actual ideas brought up seem irrelevant to the plot in the long-run, but supposedly the entire structure is modeled after how Wittgenstein saw the world itself. In fact, I'm almost positive that the way Takuji's and Yuki's mind would automatically cover up anomalies so they would come to appear normal to others is a direct transplant of one of Wittgenstein's ideas, though I don't know enough to be sure. If that's the case, that is really damn cool to me and they deserve a lot of credit for thinking that up.
It was a nightmare that Yuki had (it showed up in another route too, I think Takashima had it as well) where a child is born, and it's crying because it realizes what's happened and it doesn't want to be alive, and everyone else in the room is happy, but Yuki realizes how horrible it is and thinks the moral thing to do is smother the child. However, no matter how hard she tries, she can't do it, and she collapses to the floor crying. Soon after this happens, the baby stops crying, and this leads to an epiphany for Yuki where she concludes that life isn't all that bad.

I still don't know what to make of it, but I really admire the VN for being as ambitious as it is. Even if it comes off as pretentious at times, it comes from a good place.

Attached: subahibi.jpg (1920x1079, 915K)

is Daibanchou Big Bang Age worth playing?

There's also part where Ayana says that "Tomosane's baby stopped crying" somewhere near the end, which meant that he finally decided that he wants to live. That's where it clicked for me what it meant.

Attached: hasaki.gif (329x400, 550K)

>hey here's an entire route about an innocent girl being bullied to death for no reason
>by the way just be happy it's all up to you bro just enjoy life bro it's all in your head lol

To be honest with you, I still haven't quite finished the thing since there's supposedly two more secret endings besides the primary one. I should really get on that.

Attached: kimika.png (1280x1280, 1.56M)

>tfw visual novels don't immerse you anymore
What does this mean? I can't enjoy them anymore. It just feels like a slog.

t. brainlet

Yeaaah man after reading Umineko no Naku Koro Ni NOTHING compares. It's like I can't even read anything else cause its all trash compared to what all mighty god Ryukushi puts out. Can't wait for Umineko gold though am I right?

Mooger lower sodium levels a bit pls

>retards still don't understand Subahibi

Attached: 1554017852428.png (698x987, 108K)

>retards are still trying to pretend there's anything to understand in Subahibi

Attached: bait stay night.jpg (1242x626, 195K)

>retards still read/watch Fate after F/HA

Attached: excalibait.png (1920x1080, 201K)

>retards I just wanted to post more funny fate bait edits

Attached: ionian baitairoi.jpg (1280x900, 179K)

>retards are still me too, actually

Attached: fate stay night gae bait.png (1416x1078, 129K)

>retards are trying to bait anons into posting bait edits

Attached: 1470090043241.png (1333x600, 73K)

Tsuki > Fate

Attached: shiki bait.png (620x456, 39K)

Dark and cold as ice.

>People die when they are killed.
Yes, that's what... getting killed means.

Attached: dwarf.jpg (1280x533, 471K)

>gatekeeping this hard
If it's digital program used for recreation and you have controls, even controls as simple as clicking to forward the scene, it's a video game.

lol newfag, lurk more

Attached: baitgarach.jpg (1540x820, 281K)

damn she cute

Fate/Stay Night sucks and Shirou is a shitty protagonist.

If you're talking about pic related that's literally not what happened at all, the "moral" was that she needed to stand up for herself

Attached: A Bully.jpg (540x405, 42K)

>If you're talking about pic related
Why would I be talking about garbage?

cry harder goober

It's a shame you don't understand context can make literal sentences have meaning. The MC has an artifact that essentially heals him a crazy amount, keeping him alive through shit people shouldn't live through, and this screen of dialogue is him internalizing the fact that he no longer has the artifact. Yes, to you and mean "People die when they are killed" is just obvious, but to someone who has lived life with the ability to survive even when he should have died, that statement is something he has to consciously remember. Like, you're constantly blinking and breathing, but now that I mentioned those things you are aware of the fact that you are blinking and breathing and you're thinking "That's right, I blink and breath", so for a short time you will be fully aware of them and have manual control over them. It's the same in this situation, the MC is aware that he SHOULD die when he's killed, but for the first time in his life he's actually capable of dying from a normal death, so he has to think it manually to remind himself not to get himself killed, as acting as he normally would will result in him actually dying now.

If by "garbage" you mean "the best VN route about a girl being bullied to death", then obviously you'd be talking about it with a no-context post like that previous one.

It's pretty annoying how FGO has done well in the US and yet we're no closer to an official translation for anything TM that isn't an adaption or handled by a third party.

Are you retarded? That post was made in the middle of a discussion about Subahibi, which has a chapter about a girl being bullied to death and, most importantly, is an actually good VN and not just meme garbage that only got popular on Yea Forums because it got translated when there were barely any VN translations and you can fart on a girl's face.

>Subahibi
>better than Aoi route
kek

>unironic kek posting in 2019
YMKfags, ladies and gentlemen.

>bully/best girl
>no route
>but has the same VA as another best girl
All is forgiven

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

The context you have provided me is interesting.
>It's a shame you don't understand context can make literal sentences have meaning.
Yeah no shit I know that. I just didn't care to 'find the context' of something I fairly assumed was another example of shitty translation or cheesy writing.
>literal sentences
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt but I hope you know that putting 'literal' in front of certain things will add no meaning to them.

Why was he so out of character there?

Because they're boring as fuck

Why would you post such a godawful VN for the OP?

Why bother exerting effort when the app prints buckets of money every second?

Attached: tetsuo.png (603x777, 455K)

>when she talks about how she was hated and isolated her entire life and would sit on the edge of a cliff when she was alone and bored

Attached: 1489363629311.png (635x661, 227K)

Would a proustian VN work?

Attached: E6D174D2-A0B2-47EB-8C7F-2196E3A806DC.jpg (321x500, 32K)

Umineko. Just as long and as exciting.

I really just want a visual novel that has death games with no sci fi shit. Just a CYOA Agatha Christie novel.

Attached: kqindtop.jpg (584x415, 42K)

Rondo Duo

Rawls

based

Attached: 1499981170867.jpg (1024x768, 688K)

>exactly 100 posts apart
>last digits are 3 and 1
>3 + 1 = 4
>100 is 16 in base 4
WHATEVER16 CONFIRMED

Because they're exerting effort in Japan and it's probably only possible because of the money from FGO. Now FGO in the US doesn't produce as much money and the same would probably go for anything else TM related, but they would still probably do better than break even.

How can the first game he appears in out of character?

I only enjoy the ones with extensive gameplay segments like Ace Attorney or Danganronpa. I like story in games but I get bored if there isn't SOMETHING for me to interact with desu.

Attached: 1556807543551.jpg (149x170, 13K)

I did back in 2008 when I read kana. Kinda dropped off though after the last patch for umineko came out.

Attached: 1464759006798.jpg (540x472, 54K)

>thread is not about JOP fishing for JOP vs EOP opportunities
eeeeeeh

>wants Rin to take off her thighhighs
Fuck no

Why is she such an improvement?

Attached: bb.jpg (562x793, 165K)

I have thanks to Fate and I love it. I also read Tsukihime, G-Senjou, Steins gate, Subahibi, Grisaia, Dies Irae and Muvlu which I all enjoyed. Anyone else has chuuni stories for me because those happen to be my favorite

no worms

I thought saberclones would be the bottom of the barrel trash. But them making ishar a rinclone and whatever that is supposed to be a sakuraclone made me realize there truly is no bottom.

Get to reading Higurashi and Umineko noob

Attached: 1559156739950.jpg (640x480, 69K)

Its really amazing that for how pathetic the artwork of the original was, they still didnt manage to find someone to actually draw something better

The English teacher who's clearly a failed author was entertaining enough.

Attached: etheral beings don't require sustenance.jpg (1280x720, 635K)

I used to be into VNs, but nowadays the idea of sitting down and reading something for a week just feels like too much effort. There are real games to play

>99% of fanTL vns are done by guys that can't fucking write themselves out of a paper bag
>Official TLs are just fan translators working for money now

Attached: 1541481049420.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Too bad it goes to shit after Episode 5 and isn't even worth finishing.

what did you expect, that they hire professionals? VNs have huge amounts of texts and the only way you can get money back on a VN is paying someone in cup noodles and cheap beer

Are you implying that EP7 Tea Party wasn't pure biblio?

>invest a little money into making a subpar product
>no one buys it because it's bad, so it's all lost

>invest a bit more money into making a quality product
>people enjoy it and encourage more people to buy it

I thought murricans were supposed to be good at this money-making thing

Dunno, I quit after Ep 6 and some spoilers.

I dont think the amount of money you get from making a higher quality translation weighs up against the higher cost of translation.

Attached: muhammad ali.png (632x470, 499K)

You've missed a lot, especially if you've been reading them as they came out.

Attached: eva batman.png (425x480, 73K)

>VN that has no loli route

Attached: trash it.gif (580x433, 2.09M)

Play all of the AA series. Only play 999. Only play the first two Dangan Ronpa games. Play S;G 0 if you haven't already.

Holy fuck your taste is terrible.

>not a single VN where you can be the loli

Attached: ezgif-3-fe07e2ea0a35.gif (580x433, 2.09M)

20th anniversary is next year..we're getting it then r-right bros?

Attached: D3KITQRW4AAmuMd.png (517x480, 331K)

the 1% are absolute chads, like for example Witch Hunt
>did a proffesional-tier translation of a mystery story heavily reliant on wording and wordplay as it was coming out
>100% responsible of the creation of the sizeable western ryukishi fanbase
>so alpha the writer added them as a cameo
>so alpha they became a mayor plot point
>years later hired to translate the official western release
>years later hired by the writer to translate his upcoming VN so it can be released on the west and japan at the same time

Attached: 1538654812467.jpg (350x350, 76K)

>no Indiana Jones route

Attached: indiana jones.gif (245x210, 1.84M)

Where's the rest of steam Higurashi release you cunts?

What do they pay translators these days? $500 per hour?

I just finished Yu-No, can someone please explain to me why the isekai timeline loops?
I understood the rest but not that

Attached: YU-NO_Sega_Saturn_cover.jpg (340x281, 29K)

>years later hired by the writer to translate his upcoming VN so it can be released on the west and japan at the same time
that is pretty sick, now i only hope ciconia doesn't suck

play v3 too nignog, I agree with the 999 statement though

>First VN
Twas good.

Attached: sayanouta.jpg (800x599, 115K)

For all the "meanwhile at Witch Hunt" memes, they were really fast. And, most importantly, no fucking drama. They did their job, did it admirably and professionally.

Attached: trumpet witch.jpg (776x732, 89K)

that isn't them, mangagamer just hired some fucks who don't care about higurashi so they directly fuck up the translation at times

he’s all about protecting people, to a suicidal degree. hell, he’s overprotective of a girl that can rip him a new asshole, but that scene is the only time he approves of someone he’s close to being attacked

I feel like they didn't really make that clear. During the big info dump with Eriko she makes it sound like the loop goes until the near collision with the other dimension, but then later on Ayumi says that the collisions happen on a 400 year cycle and the previous collision was successfully avoided in the same "continuity", so I never really understood what the 8000 year loops Eriko mentioned were supposed to be.

Anyway, what the fuck did they name the tree? Was I supposed to know that?

07th-expansion.net/cico/story.html
>You aren't my opponent. You're merely a piece that exists for my amusement. In this next game, I won't give you the privilege of being a player!
Seems fair.

I have.
Finished:
>Zero Escape trilogy
>Steins;Gate and SG0
>Umineko
>Katawa Shoujo (from when it first hit)
>Saya no Uta
>Danganronpa 1 and 2 (replaying them in preparation for V3)
>DDLC
>pretty much every Ace Attorney sans 6 and TGAA/DGS
Started/Planned:
>Chaos;Head
>Chaos;Child
>Fata Morgana (just bought the LRG PS4 print for this, 2nd round is up in like an hour if you're interested)
>S;G Elite
>Silver Case + 25th Ward
>428 Shibuya Scramble
>Punchline
>Utawarerumono trilogy (kinda tempted to wait for that remake to get localized)
>Tsukihime
>Fate Stay/Night (Realta Nua with the 18+ patch)
>Subahibi
>maybe Higurashi but Umi got me burnt out
>TGAA/DGS (at the final part of Case 2 but I'm averse to digging out my 3DS, might get the Android port)
>Grisaia since the Switch JP version is multi-language apparently
>Dies irae

If there's any I'm missing, throw them my way. I was thinking about YU-NO since I heard it's super good

Attached: Umineko1to4_2018-02-11_21-55-50.jpg (1798x1001, 201K)

If only we didn't fuck up so bad during Umi we could be allowed to play again.

each 400 years the collisions happen unless a priestess avoids it
each 8000 years the collision is unavoidable unless they directly send isekailand to the earth's past
then the cycle begins again and for some reason it loops
At least that was what I got out of it
>what did they name the tree
I would say Vrinda or whatever was the name of the tree of time but I don't think Yu-No ever learned that name so maybe it's Sayless
I dunno, the end was pretty rushed and also didn't bother to explain how the dad ascended or how the fuck the sword cape lighting system still exists even if broke during the events of the epilogue