/Sunless/ thread

How are your captains faring?

I just bought the top notch Empyrean locomotive in Euletheria.

also fuck revolutionaries

Attached: Immagine.png (751x326, 236K)

More like souless sea

Baked the game but still have to play it.

Got 3-4 different endings in Sunless Sea and 2 in Skies, I love the games but I think I'm done. Kinda of a shame because I didn't get to really try the new Albion.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.02.15 - 19.57.24.76_1.jpg (1920x1080, 897K)

I played around with it as soon as it came out, and never went back, but I sort of would like to. I just wish the combat and movement was a little more fleshed out, it has the potential for like Sid Meier's Pirates ship control.

Fuck December for stealing my stats.

How is the sunless sky game? I never ended up getting it and im wondering if its worth.

somewhat less tedious to play than sea but still a horrible fedex simulator that's unplayable without cheats

how the fuck am i supposed to turn a profit. i like the choose your own adventure story islands but the lion islands are out of stones and my husband left me, all i can see to do is turn in rerun port reports and make peanuts running errands

holy shit this looks terrible

Is the writing even that good? Tried cultist simulator and that was just random pieces of prose without context and awful gameplay. I have trouble believing sunless to be any better.

>tfw found exploit in Fallen London to get free fate
Feels good bros

game looks good though, should I play it?

you have to find the one or two routes that actually give you money and run them for hours

or use cheats to not have to grind

In skies?
It's extremely easy, just check the prospects and haul cheap stuff to sell at high price while traveling to do other things.

havent played cultist sim, the writing in sunless has a particular aesthetic you might not love and a few stories are gonna seem anticlimactic because the triggers to progress missions are very obscure and specific. but the world is defined and the stories are stories.
the game has the worst inventory and journal system ive ever seen, how do you know how much of an item youre holding without jettisoning each piece individually and then cancelling after youve counted? (and that's if its a saleable commodity, there's literally no way of telling what story items you have i think?) the journal is insane, i don't need a floating skyrim arrow but anything beyond a vague sentence describing a possible goal that never updates as you progress the quest would be very cool to have. you 'acquire conditions' as little icons that are worse than no help? is my game hacked, am i missing the secret keyboard command that makes that stuff function??

nah, seas. it doesnt seem easy to go everywhere for the quest stories and make more than gas money but maybe im trying to do to much or not considering my routes as carefully as i should

yes

based retard

it is if you liked the first, although I found it much easier

it is very inspired

husband? did you play as a bitch? LMAO
unsurprising that you cannot manage to make money
just try to not waste money by buying fuel and supplies at thrice the price in shitty ports and set up your travels so that you do more things in a single go, maximising your profits.

It was made on some free browser games 'engine', iirc

someone help, i want to like the game but how is this playable? i must be doing something wrong

I really don't like the latter two zones in Skies. It made me put away the game for a while.

UN. THE SUN. THE SUN. THE SUN. THE SUN. THE SUN. THE SUN. THE SUN

I suck fucking ass at this game. I'd love to love it but I always run out of both cash and fuel after doing fuck all. Just one of those titles where the gameplay simply didn't click for me. Maybe I'm retarded but it feels like I've got to do very specific things to get anywhere.

I feel the same way. after about 9 hours I made practically no tangible progress in 2 failed campaigns. basically nothing of value carried over between caps and I'm forced to do it all again, dunno if this is for me.

i guess its just the three of us itt and im in the same boat (the figurative boat, i think im on my third captain). what's with the fucking journal/inventory? maybe we're bad at optimizing trade routes but that aspect is indefensible imo

Dawn Machine did nothing wrong

FUCK Judgements

There's no need for trade routes, but you have to plan your routes, it help to know where you can stop to get free food, grab some cheap item and sell it on the way back and such.
If you're dedicating entire loops to trading, you're playing this wrong, it's all about planning and making progress toward actual stories while getting some cash/items on the way.

You effectively cannot progress in the story until you grind up to be slightly less killable. Take mushroom wine to Carnelian and sell, then buy Darkdrop coffee and return to london. while buying coal consistently at the Iron Republic, you can turn a reliable profit as a meagre steam tramp. Do this for a while until you have the corvette (skip the cutter, less cargo space) or, even better, the merchant cruiser.
When you eventually get the cruiser, then you have the inventory space to actually play most of the game. It is finally possible to buy enough cargo to really effective trade, you can hold plenty of quest items, you have a aft gun for avoiding death during retreat. You can't exactly go killing Mt. Nomad, but you have what it takes to build stats, buy guns, and advance stories.
This is by far the worst aspect of the game. For what is great atmosphere and writing, it is blocked out by a huge wall that stops new captains from getting anywhere. If you want to make it far in the game, read the steam guide on trade prices and hope you carried enough fuel to make it back.

Attached: SunlessSea.png (600x603, 224K)

I don't think I have the patience to sail back and forth in the southwest eighth of the map for hours before i get to play the game. Thanks for the tip tho, maybe someday

still have a savegame around somewhere
on a 5th trade run trying to make enough money to buy a new ship
it became too tedious to continue

great writing and overall design let down by shit game systems

alternatively, you can just gamble the shit out of stat rolls, and get really lucky. But honestly, if you read a guide on trade prices, you can explore the map while having an ability to not go broke. You may still die to the overwhelming number of odds against you, but finding places like aestival or monkeyland are really fun

They fixed these sorts of money problems in Sunless skies, but I'm uncertain how the quests and stories compare between games.