Ffxiv shadowbullies

you can only post ITT if you have BLU leveled to max

Attached: 1547820811951.gif (156x216, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8cybC-bSw2U?t=10
youtube.com/watch?v=GepZ5hM3nTw
ff14moomoo.com/hotbar_simulator2.html
imgur.com/a/yNmvZWE
youtube.com/watch?v=OnZ6BS7WENc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why would you not have BLU levelled? it takes a few hours at most

Reminder that if you're a metafag you should fuck off back to your discord circlejerk
job identity and style > muh parses muh speedrun

Attached: 1554009114524.png (750x682, 548K)

Every time I look at my job list and see BLU it hurts a little more.

Attached: 1544999429429.png (500x340, 161K)

it took an hour of throwing fish at garleans with a friend which was so fucking stupid and quick it was the most fun I had grinding ever.

i have BLU at 50 thanks to the RDM cheese but it still only has that one ability

You make sure you tip your mod creators, right Yea Forums...?

Attached: 1543042305488.png (1026x776, 452K)

based but redpilled

Just catching up with stormblood and it's return to ivalice content. Can someone who played FFT like me tell me if I remember these things correctly?

>Delita wanted to rescue Ramza
Didn't delite in FFT intentionally sick Ramza and his crew on the corrupt nobles and Ultima in the hope he'd die? So he'd be the only person remembered as a hero?
>Alma literally walks up to Delita and is known to be alive and well
Didn't Ramza and Alma pop up every now and then around the world and they're traveling the world while trying to remain incognito?

There's more but all the character motivations seem fucked and retroactively ruin the story of FFT. Please tell me the FFXIV version is not canon and is seperate from FFT

Don't forget to do Rival Wings today.

Attached: Capture.png (551x407, 44K)

>Please tell me the FFXIV version is not canon and is seperate from FFT
It isn't canon. It's a different Ivalice with extremely similar figures and somewhat similar history.

>Please tell me the FFXIV version is not canon and is seperate from FFT
Yes. FFXIV version is a thing that only happened in FFXIV world.

they start too late like all the idiotic statics that ignore the poor europe living in the future
7pm st is 10pm for me

Other FF games are loosely canon to XIV but XIV is not canon to those games.

all canon sorry bro

>$120 for ripping models off another game
>PLUS TIP FOR NO REASON
What a bunch of greedy fucks. I hope no one’s stupid enough to get jewed by this.

In the actual canon Ivalice games, FFT's era happens before FFXII's. But in XIV, that flow of history is reversed. And then you have the FFXII character histories that are also completely different. Ashe died decades ago and would be a middle-aged woman at the current time, Gabranth is a Garlean, Fran is a resistance leader, etc. So no, it's an isolated version of Ivalice exclusive to XIV's world. And Matsuno confirmed on twitter that it isn't canon to FFT if you're still worried.

Daily reminded that MCH in it's media tour state will have the highest APM of about 51

Also I should really start to read what I write before posting anything

>In the actual canon Ivalice games, FFT's era happens before FFXII's
Obviously I meant the opposite of this. FFXII happens first and then there's a cataclysm in the thousands of years between which is why FFT's is lower tech and doesn't have the other races.

Attached: 1559259070791.png (820x670, 869K)

Is that shire chest piece?

yes

Is making around 9k dollars worth the effort that went into that mod?

I kind of want that hat now, but I don't know how I feel about paying 13.5 euros for a hat.

It kind of boggles my mind that they tried to make Delita 100% good. Him being a "hero" who ruthlessly tossed away everything and anyone that came between him and his "good" objective was the entire point of the story. Why would you retcon it into him being a bleeding heart?

Attached: final-fantasy-tactics-delita-ramza.jpg (720x408, 111K)

Because it wasn't a retcon, it's just a different Delita and a different Ivalice.

gay

>"waaaahhh healing is too boring now, I quit!"
>all current healer mains either quit or change roles
>they all get replaced with "pure healers" that literally never dps
>"wow killing primals is harder than ever, we keep hitting enrage! "
>"my static just can't clear E3S. our new healer refuses to dps but it takes weeks to find new healers these days!"

I can't wait to see all the complaining about the lack of healers later this year because all of you decided to quit.

I can't wait for literally 0 to change as it always does and retards like you suddenly shut up.

shut the fucku p

Its just the SCHs who'll quit. WHM will just fill the void and nobody is the wiser.

>the absolute state of healslut delusions

I didn't touch it yet, if they make it a real class I sure will.

All the story in SB was completely shit. It didn't get good untill the meeting happened and Thancred got BTFO'd by his vision. Was that 4.3 or 4.4?

I think it is. Suiton Meisui is 350 effective potency, Doton is 270.

Mystery solved, Meisui is for TCJ.

>it's not a real job if I can't get parses with it!!

Your team is absolute garbage if you rely on healer dps to clear.

Attached: lalafell monk.gif (500x500, 136K)

The heck is "dripping"?

>464170378
This is bait don't give it (You)s.

No, it's not a real job if it's intentionally locked out of participating in the game. Which it is.

Healers are not going to quit. They like the fact that they're the defacto "kingmaker" of a group. And a lot of healers play healer cause they can't stand the fighting aspect of MMO's and prefer topping off of green bars and managing cooldowns/resources aspect more.

Didn't these fags get booted out of all the legit modding discords for this?

Dripping blades, a ninja trait that increases their physical attack by 20%, was the only reason fuma was better than fuma.

ninja trait that gives +20% to physical damage

a major reason why nobody currently uses raiton instead of fuma except in rare situations. fuma is lower potency but benefits from slashing debuff + dripping (both will be removed), so the gap is nowhere near as big as it looks and fuma ends up being better because it doesnt clip your gcd

>NIN's iconic ability throughout the series will no longer be a key part of playing the job
Pretty fucking sad

Holy BASED

Gonna pick up tanking in ShB, I've fone some low level stuff, so by no means experienced. Which tank should I play Yea Forumsros?

>NOOO YOSHI WHY CAN'T I RAIDLOG AS BLU

It's also their job icon

Attached: sadtataru.png (800x800, 698K)

>was the only reason fuma was better than fuma
This is too smart for me I don't understand.

why does people like yoshida so much? he probably hasn't done any of the things he takes credit for. he's just another suit who doesn't care about videogames

It seems whenever I go to level up BLU during a dungeon queue it pops early. Meanwhile when I work on crafting achievements the queues take longer than normal.

Attached: 1559212869772.gif (680x505, 1.18M)

It's the class icon isn't it? For Rogue? Not the job icon.

4.0 Fuma is better than 5.0 Fuma if I'm giving user the benefit of the doubt.

Nothing is finalized yet. Why does nobody understand this? Literally a week ago everyone in discord was saying not to "feelycraft" and now every single one of them is doing exactly that, it's maddening.

Attached: 1511075471448.jpg (512x368, 106K)

he meant raiton.

Gunbreaker because it starts at 60. Every other tank will make you want to die from boredom.

Yes they did, which is why they set up their own premium jew server where they can get paid for uncredited asset theft and milk the same 10-20 people every so often. Mod Audit would be hilarious as would be letting how pissy some of the big games like Dead or Alive feel about their models being ripped and sold.
Also likely goes against discord TOS so its a wonder nobody's reported them yet.

Delusional. Get back to sucking the tank's huge, thick HP bar off and buffing the dps.

Rogue's icon is dual daggers. NIN's icon is a shuriken.

Can't believe SCH mains are still seething

What hat is that, please tell me I've been looking for a good officer's hat for ages.

Okay so now that the slashing and dripping are gone, will people be forced to eat the GCD clip? That really really sucks especially because I DON'T LIVE IN FUCKING CALIFORNIA.

no it was because of the lost gcds by clipping with raiton. NINs who were trying to optimise fights would work out where thru could use raiton with minimal loss because it was still stronger than fuma even with the trait

rogue has two daggers

ninja is a shuriken. one might say its a fuma shuriken

he meant to say fuma is better than raiton

the new mogstaition one

so tanks are ruined AND also they all play the same now. fucking hell, i hate wow and all other mmos that aren't dead are korean cancer. i guess i'll just play singeplayer games now.

I wasn't playing when stormblood launched. How does the reactions to changes from then compare to now?

Yes and the conversation was about dripping which is the dual dagger. Then the guy comes and says it's the job icon. Well, it's not.

Feelings don't care about facts? Checks out as being redpilled.

that's what everyone is currently thinking, yes. just with the potency information we have now, raiton is king, baby.

let me once again stress that NOTHING IS FINAL YET REEEE

Attached: 1509113888517.png (1100x1142, 471K)

Literally healers are less diverse between each other than wow healers discounting disc and Paladin healer.
>Have pet healer/dps healer
>Have support healer
>Have massive heals healer
>Instead of doing a m+ system with rotating modifiers so one of them is better (so you have a reason to try the others on the endgame dungeons) OR adding huge ass heal checks/gimmicks like fights in wow so you might want to bring actual healing instead of a dps that can heal
>Nah lets just make all healers worse to play lmao
Honestly it shows how little man power and fear of failure Xiv team has.

Ok so NIN is now unplayable for anyone who is not on the west coast or live in Japan. How is this good design?

Huh? The conversation was about Shuriken. Throw is the most iconic aspect of Final Fantasy ninja and you were always throwing Shurikens for massive damage

Granted the shuriken used in Fuma is obviously magical in nature despite doing physical damage

are yo uasking if SB was shit on release? yes it was. stormblood in general was a downgrade from heavensward.

Because losing dripping means Fuma Shuriken is no longer worth using. Which means their iconic skill in the series and also their job icon will no longer be part of actually playing it except for the new Kassatsu+Hyoton which just isn't the same.

Guess how I can tell you've never done a savage raid near minimum ilvl

It's the same shit.
>Job action trailer comes out
>Holy shit this looks amazing, MCH gets a fucking flamethrower!
>Info actually comes out
>WTF every job was ruined, this game is fucking dead!
>Game comes out
>Everyone goes quiet again except for the few jobs that are legitimately fucked.
>Broken jobs either get fixed within 2 patches or they stay fucked until the next expansion.

>Not Reinhard Heydrich
You were so close user.

>Granted the shuriken used in Fuma is obviously magical in nature despite doing physical damage
You actually do whip out a real shuriken but then condense and harden aether around it so it has a kind of 'aura' that makes it bigger.

you still use fuma in tcj retard

um sweaty

Attached: yoshilies.png (780x71, 14K)

How do I play SAM?
I just unlocked it but this shit is confusing.

Attached: 1558499035613-v.jpg (481x679, 113K)

You are overreacting. It's not like this is the only job that HAS to clip, and if it gets out of hand Square WILL do something about it (see reduction of cast time to Malefic III)

And I've done whole fights with Rai instead of Fuma just for kicks. Sometimes you don't lose any GCDs because of it. Most of the time you lose one, maybe two, maybe three on the very longest phases/fights. Who fucking knows how much that will matter compared to how much it matters now.

Attached: 1331763653686.png (222x211, 4K)

>Healers get more tools
>Good healers are worshipped because they protect groups against the failings of retarded dps and tanks
>Get to bitch at people every run without fear of getting kicked.

I'm not trying to be mean but literally what more do healers want or need? You can't make healing more "fun" without revamping the entire combat system, healing is what it is. In Shadowbringers healers are getting more tools to heal in a pinch to take away some of the "A fights difficulty is determined by how much healers have to keep moving so they can't heal."

Attached: 2spz7b.jpg (720x620, 53K)

It doesn't matter, all that matters is that Wiegraf was right.

Good luck not clipping your GCD hard/harder with 200 ping Raiton you fucking clown.

Every job is going to be 95% similar to how they are in the media tour, mostly just potency adjustments. There won't be any kind of real changes until 5.1 at the earliest, unless some jobs just flat out don't work.

Pretty much, as a MCH player I think the ground work to unfuck the class (if it is fucked according to theorycrafters) is a much easier road than what was presented in 4.0. MCH had potency and minor reworks to stuff but they could never bring MCH out of the gutter in 4.x.

>"I'm actually a shit healer and i struggle keeping people alive, and now people will notice just how shit i am"

Attached: image.jpg (750x120, 17K)

If you're doing savage week 1 then your team shouldn't even contain the kind of players you're describing. Content respecting healers will remain in their roulettes. It's not like they're all going to suddenly think they're hot shit and want to sign up and even if they did, I would hope you're not stupid enough to take them in without trying out to see if they're shit or not.

youtu.be/8cybC-bSw2U?t=10

Thoughts?

Attached: 1558637996583.gif (400x399, 1.31M)

Well if someone was good enough to do it for free, they would have done it. It's not as easy as it looks. It's not just a matter of ripping models and textures, it's also a matter of rigging them to work properly in a completely different game with completely different meshes and bones. It's not as easy as pressing "copy" and "paste", but then again, everyone here is a pro and 10/10 at everything and can do all that stuff easily.

you build up the 3 circles then use the big skill that consumes those 3 circles

2 circles for aoe

1 circle for DoT on bosses

Don't bother thinking about it to much until you hit lvl 60. Most of it's mechanics dont make sense and come together untill around that point.

Correct. Ironic since XIV allows you to level and switch between healers much easier than WoW (or at least used to).
The framework of "Small heal, AoE heal, big heal, special heal, special AoE" was more than enough, but since those fuckers can't do anything beyond "dodge or die", "big tank buster" and "big raidwide AoE", as well as insist shields need a penalty yet every healer has to heal all content so single moms can roll their face on the keyboard while watching Netflix dramas, here's your result. WHM with a book, WHM with a floating globe and WHM with flowers. Or at least, that's going to be the end game very soon at this rate.

FUCK

God damnit SE stop putting everything good on the fucking mogstation, I'd rather fellate a cactus before giving in to your nickel and diming bullshit no matter how much I want it.

Attached: 1431398454028.jpg (400x300, 104K)

Healers want full DPS rotations. They want to be Green DPS in the same way that tanks are Blue DPS i.e. about 70% of their skills are their damage rotation, and the remainder are just cooldowns that dish out healing which they can use off GCD so they don't have to interrupt their DPS.

don't sweat it until level 62 when you start getting kenki out the fucking wazoo, thats also when you get shinten and the job changes pretty dramatically

hit all your positionals
build kenki to spend on shinten
always buff midare and higanbana with kaiten
higanbana is not worth using unless it can last for at least 48 seconds (that's a long-ass time)
meikyo should only ever be used on gekko, kasha, yukikaze
try and use your counterattack off third eye as much as possible without taking unreasonable amounts of damage
when you get hagakure, use it. a lot. 3 sens hagakure'd into kenki is worth more damage than one midare

How can you possibly know that you cuckold

M-More dps rotations!!! mandatory ass-kissies for healers!! Calling a healer a sissy should be a bannable offense... Seriously though why are so many healers up their own ass? You'd think it'd be the tanks but most tanks in xiv are at worst dumb. Maybe it's because I tank a lot myself and have seen more ego-tripping healers than tanks idk.

>How can you possibly know that you cuckold
Because that's how it works every time and there's less than a month until the expansion fucking comes out?

I like it. Better than the Stormblood shit.

>Healers want full DPS rotations
If they did they'd play DPS. They don't want FULL dps rotations. They want the braindead dps rotations they always had to stay so they can deal decent dps while still being braindead.

>tfw only one MSQ roulette, one Leveling roulette, and 25 tam-tara runs away from finally having the best weapon in the game
Hold me bros

I don't remember the previous expansions' pre-release info dumps having as many typos and as many people saying NOTHING IS FINAL DON'T FORGET THAT RETARDS as much as they do for this one

we really need to bring cleric stance back if healer is ever going to be "not simple" again

its a free to play game, they have to keep the servers online somehow

even JPs clip raiton. someone sitting in the server room would probably clip raiton

Then why don't those healers just play dps? Clearly they're not in it for the healing.

Attached: 78c6e1eea3b71167ca585a1f0ed352bf73b765fe_hq.jpg (1024x809, 70K)

That's not the actual translation though.

>shadowbringers theme will be rock
>inb4 youtube.com/watch?v=GepZ5hM3nTw

Because he literally saved the game and is incredibly honest/straightforward with his answers, and is quite passionate about the game itself.

Back in 1.0 when he was brought in it was being improved due to this in good ways, and it was his word that got the game to be remade under his supervision to become the 2.0 version of the game. He even cried on stage back when it was re-released and he saw how happy people were with it. He cares a great deal.

what job

Insulting someone for no good reason should get you reported, yes. XIV is not Yea Forums where you can get off on your shitty healslut faggot memes.

Jesus, I hate FFX but Jecht is one of the best characters in the whole series.

Remember when Yoship cried? That's the day I fell in love.

Attached: 1537105512104.png (457x645, 138K)

you do know that's just acting right? sheep

Which Zodiac, user?

>all this healer shitposting is caused by removing 1 (one) dot and 1-2 damage ogcds
actually embarassing, i seriously pray you guys do it on purpose

Thanks.
It seemed really uncoordinated, so I'm glad it's not just me.

Attached: 1559255138809-v.png (1000x1227, 954K)

They want to feel special or got into it from the start as a proper healer/for faster queues and gradually turned into this mess due to chasing parses or getting off on praises and getting a massive ego. There are nice healers don't get me wrong but I've seen a lot more of what you'd expect from tanks (huge ego, douchebag. will kick dps for speaking against him) in healers here than in any other game.

because they are little bitches that thinke they're somewhat special or "big brain"

He doesn't lie, and he's obviously kind of a genius in the way he was able to turn this game around on a shoestring budget

Because they want to be sucked off for having an important role while actually just being DPS.

The raider mentality in this game is basically: they would be happier if tanking and healing as distinct roles were removed and instead all jobs were just converted to DPS with toggle actions that make the boss target them or cause them to radiate free passive healing to the party.

Because the healers that want to continue to contribute when they don't need to heal are the good healers. When they leave you end up with nothing except the healers that are spamming cure 2 on a full health dragoon while the tank dies.

Why must you shitpost so? You know better.

They basically need to redevelop healing as a whole. You're right, there isn't much more they can do without making the job even more busy or even more healing-oriented unless they introduce healing combos, procs and interactions, which they seem very hesitant on doing.
The problem being, they are applying the changes on healers now before there's any proof they'll actually make the content worth doing it for. Until then, healers are hybrid dps/healers like how in most JRPGs your party healer is usually an OP caster as well, and they should be treated as such instead of healers.
That, and they really need to shift away from just damage/healing/tanking stuff and show more utility things like they do in WoW (e.g. Stampeding Roar) as well as give a reason for gimmicky utility to exist, so they can be more creative and add some funny identities (like AST used to have with their meme cards). They are going the opposite direction though, and you can 100% expect next expansion will just be bigger numbers.

That's because all they had to deal damage was two abilities. It's mind numbingly boring to do nothing but heal because the content is not designed around constant healing. A competent group will require the bare minimum and other than that you'll just be standing there either doing nothing or spamming one fucking ability.

Blocks your path

Attached: 5173466189.png (661x671, 85K)

>all this healer shitposting
*SCH(dps) shitposting

Most ASTs are fine with the changes since they get to use cards more often and WHMs are just so disappointed once again that they just are in hiding.

Attached: lance of longitude.jpg (1020x720, 382K)

More like, healers want something interesting to do while everybody is topped off and no damage is being taken. The only reason healers don't like the changes is because they fear their already boring and everpresent filler time is going to get even more boring.

I'm glad they removed SCH's DoTs.
Maintaining 3 abilities with different durations was never fun nor challenging.
It was tedious at best, and mindnumbing at worst.
I don't understand where the whole
>muh more buttons more complexity
mindset comes from.
Though I will miss Shadow Flare.

>Hating X
For what reason? It's full of great stuff.

Honestly, I'd be fine with SCH if they didn't gut energy drain. Yeah it's just a damage OGCD but it also replenished mana and allowed us to dump aetherflow stacks.
Quickened aetherflow is gone as well.

it's easy to pick up and get to the level of smashing the other DPS in the charts

but if you want to really excel the job has some serious nuance. and unfortunately you better excel if you want to justify a raid slot over, say, a ninja

have fun, thats the most important thing, i fucking love SAM so much

Attached: 1434872719752.gif (640x360, 1.23M)

>Honestly it shows how little man power and fear of failure Xiv team has.
I was watching a "documentary" on XIV holy fuck I was bored and after watching and hearing the reactions of people working on 1.0/2.0 it really was just having to make something so broad and smooth that it literally couldn't fail. That's just how XIV is, anyone hoping for more is deluding themselves.

I hate longinus. Wish I had grinded the PLD weapon instead.

Why do I have to pay 13 bucks for a goddamn hat? I don't even care about the rest of it, let me buy it alone at LEAST square

Attached: 1552883631095.png (723x757, 533K)

Now you know what WHMs felt when they removed the damage from fluid aura.

>Because the healers that want to continue to contribute when they don't need to heal are the good healers.
BS. You don't need 10 DPS buttons to contribute DPS. If all they cared about was contributing to the party they'd be happy with the changes. What they care about is their personal damage and DPS rotation.

each of your combo finishers grant one of three Sen, the amount you have determines your Iaijutsu skill. use Higanbana on a single target that will still be alive after the 60s has elapsed, use Tenka Goken on multi target pulls, use Midare Setsugekka on single target

use Hakaze to start the single target rotation then prioritize Kasha combo > Gekko combo > Yukikaze combo

try to make sure both the Shifu and Jinpu buffs are up before using Iaijutsu skills or damage ogcds

>When they leave
Which they aren't going to do

>healer rotation is Stone, Stone II, Stone III, Stone IV, Stone V
>each one is huge increase
>you can't cast Cure inbetween
There you go, healers are fixed and tank mortality is increased by 30%.

what's he reading anons

Attached: ffxiv_dx11_2019-05-31_18-34-16.png (516x557, 654K)

That only makes the design even worse.

Most of the stuff doesn't require heavy healing and can be done with just heal ogcds and then you have a huge downtime where healer just has to stand and do nothing. It doesn't look like anything will change considering they keep buffing ogcds and of course they're not making healing any harder judging from job reworks.

He seems controlling but for good and bad both. He'll fight his own bosses if he has to which is really, really rare in a nip. His extreme honesty and passion are also rare even in the west. He's a proper gamer too. He makes mistakes and all that but he's one of very, very few unique and genuine people in the gaming industry atm. Especially Square (though the president and ceo has a thing for memeing about too interestingly enough.) only negative that comes to mind is that he seems like he could be stressful as fuck to work under due to his controlling nature and autism.

Every job in the game should have a one button rotation. You still contribute dps who cares if it's mindnumbingly boring.

Kama Sutra

you tell me i need to broil more than i already do instead of reapplying miasma???
yoshi will pay for it

are you retarded user? you do know that fights in the shb will hit much harder, more often, right? There is going to be a lot more for you to be constantly having to keep track off.

why do apes like you always try to imagine this type of changes shoved into the current version of teh game? even you retards know the rest of the game will also change. or is your imagination as limited as you are?

Who's Zodiark? Is that the god the ascians want to bring to life? If Hydaelin has been proven to be evil with the whole warrior of darkness plot, then why don't we let Zoadiark come to take care of her?

They're supposed to be a single being that somehow got split up

how do i cope with never clearing ucob

>healers want to dps
I hate this meme.

Healers don't want to dps, they had no other choice than to dps because the fights barely required any healing. The only way you could feel you contributed to the party was to dps because there was literally nothing else to do during the healing downtime. It was worse with SCH, because the Fairy would heal for you, leaving you with less to do other than dps.

Why not have 1 button for dpses too? You're contributing anyways, right?

Source of said "documentary"?

shitpost? not everything you don't like is a shitpost, user. i'm only saying the truth.

Are NINs still Trick Attack cucks? I might play it if not.

>you do know that fights in the shb will hit much harder, more often, right? There is going to be a lot more for you to be constantly having to keep track off.
[Citation needed]

What the fuck, you gather 3 sen, turn it into Kenki and spam Shinten in between GCD's all day.
Midare is filler for when conversion is on cooldown.
Most braindead rotation in the game

>putting the tip already into price calculation
I'll give you a tip if I liked working with you as a trade partner. And even then, it wouldn't be 20$ for a virtual dress ripped from another game. Greedy fucks.

How come tanks don't only have two attacks then? Their job is to keep aggro and mitigate damage, not dps.

they look like they'll be doing some fat deeps as well now

Noclip FFXIV on YouTube. It's good. Also the Speakers of Hydaelyn documentary is good, it's more from the players perspective.

Yes though their personal damage has apparently been considerably buffed (no way of knowing as of right now).

broil 3 is kino so i don't know wtf scholars are complaining anout

>add a strong skill that delays your next GCD, letting you weave multiple Abilities at once
>give it to Monk

Attached: 1456123216820.jpg (458x545, 53K)

>they fear their already boring and everpresent filler time is going to get even more boring.
This is the part people don't seem to get. The problem isn't just that DPS abilities were removed (and cards were made a non issue), it's that people were hoping for more stuff to do - more damage abilities is one thing, some wanted more active support abilities. With the CURRENT DESIGN, removing things to do would be painful. Doing old content will certainly be that much more boring. But in the new stuff, we're all hoping that healer is going to be more interesting because you'll actually have to heal more, which is a possibility...It's just not how XIV is designed right now, so forgive people for being skeptical they can do it well if at all.

What is this gif from? What is he laughing at?

>If Hydaelin has been proven to be evil with the whole warrior of darkness plot
please stop skipping cutscenes

Don't worry, I don't raid.
I haven't even done the primal that comes after Byakko. I just want to smash enemies in the new MSQ, and it was down to either SAM or BLM.

Thanks.

Attached: DGitppSUAAAKhke.jpg (800x966, 121K)

>you do know that fights in the shb will hit much harder, more often, right?
You can see 73lvl dungeon runs already and that's a lie.

he's laughing at your main in ShB

Well then let him come. Stop bothering the ascians.

he's level 50, he doesn't have kenki or shinten

It’s still much easier than wow since you don’t need to re-gear characters.
Honestly the more end game wow you play the more Xiv feels like wow 0.5 from wow 2.0. Specially encounter and meta class design.
>Inb4 heart broken wowfugees who can just scream “wow bad wow bad”.

I have never once skipped a cutscene in this game. I just have ridiculously bad memory.

have you been avoiding all the information that got posted a few days ago?

and if you have: are you seriously getting your panties twisted over shit you don't know anything about? are you legitimately suffering of mental illness beyond autism?

BLU is making this event a breeze to farm desu

Tanks and DPS at least don't pretend to only care about "helping the party". They are in it for themselves. Healers may as well just admit it too. "I just want to contribute!" is a flagrant lie.

Idk I like that Scott guy.

But my main is also his main.

Attached: lololololol.gif (500x275, 458K)

>"hurr durr the lowest level dungeons in the expansion aren't endgame hard"

you ARE actually retarded, holy shit

I am not saying you are wrong, I am saying it’s an example of exactly what you are saying.

Indeed. It doesn't help that they seem to be keeping the same design for WHM by giving them Dps abilities to fill their time- It seems like they want WHM to be the designated Healer/Dps of the trio.

AST seems to be the most busy of the three now that they have a slot minigame with their cards.

SCH on the other hand is even more fucked. They get powerful fairy heals, leaving them unoccupied for the figths- So they can spam broil3.

>Specially encounter and meta class design
Elaborate, please. Genuinely curious as someone who quit WoW fairly early (Firelands raid) and is now on (permanent?) hiatus from XIV after static drama.

>healers (SCHs) are going to keep crying and threatening to quit for an entire month
>and then they're still going to keep playing healer anyway

ur a faget

I told myself that I don't have time for a static

It's more that there's absolutely no fight in the game that requires you to heal constantly. You can plan ahead for everything, which gives you plenty of downtime you can use to deal damage.
Only pressing 1 or 2 buttons during this downtime is incredibly boring gameplay.

Thanks. I might level that to 80 first.

Polarization aside, I doubt he's compassionate/calculating enough to be either of these things. Straight from his own mouth, he claims he's not a creative person and wants to focus on stability over repeating 1.0 mistakes. The reason people may "Like" him is that he's an excellent producer: He creates the atmosphere that the fans comes first, and is quite frankly really good at monetizing his product. People may "Dislike" him because he's a poor director: He lacks any notion of creativity and has no artistic integrity.

It's his own fault, really, for taking on both roles at the same time. Though, I can only surmise he had no choice since SE seems to have a severe lack of reliable directors, especially those with MMO experience. It's not a recent thing either, SE seems to have constant bouts with their more creative directors. So much so that's it's no wonder that Yoshida is such a prime employee now.

>all these retards larping as le ebin healers
Fuck you, you never played them and we all know it. Hw SCH was the best healer experience I ever had in any mmo. Yes, more buttons = fun, suck it. If you think otherwise, why not ask Yoshi to remove 3/4 of your DPS kit leaving you with 1 dot, 1 aoe and 1 single target?

Attached: 1534269516995.jpg (253x253, 18K)

What the fuck does that even mean. Healers want to help end the fight faster because that is literally the entire fucking game you dumb fuck.

>Honestly the more end game wow you play the more Xiv feels like wow 0.5 from wow 2.0.
Please explain this statement more, not sure what you mean by that.

I just want my summoner. Hope they don't include me in the healer statics

Watch mrhappy's interview with Yoshida video. Yeah I know mrseething but he mentions he noticed in the dungeon they got to play that enemies hit harder across the board and asked Yoshi-P about it. Yoshida confirmed that it's a design choice to require more healing and Healers actually paying attention.

Do your job :)

hrothgar leaked

Attached: ffxiv_31052019_001433_786.jpg (1920x1080, 327K)

So you have no proof then? Did you forget how they told everyone that SB stuff will be hitting harder, how did that work out?

>fairy heals are all ogcds
more like spam ruin 2 to weave them in lmao

People bitching about healers bitching are literally the white mages in roulette that spend half the dungeon afk.

Won't happen. 95% of the players breath through their mouths and can't heal even in current casual content.

>don't remove our ED/dots
>top final omega parse

>This stays the same
>84 broils
>15 ruin II
>33 bio II+miasma
>12 miasma II

>This was removed
>16 energy drains
>7 shadow flares

Oh no my 23 extra ogcd skills, the job is completely changed. So much boring now.

male viera beggars

Then 5.0 is going to be a nightmare.

I do my job better than you ever will, fuckwit :^)

Forgot pic.

Attached: 1535643799969.png (286x252, 17K)

>Healers don't want to dps
I hate this meme.

Main selling point for healers in this game used to be that you could actively participate in an encounter and contribute to group damage rather than simply being a braindead healbot that presses a heal with the highest number every 2 seconds. Hell, that used to be the main gimmick of Scholar who had weaker GCD healing and worthless AoE healing, thus needing to rely on a careful use of their fairy to pull through, but in return could stay in cleric stance pretty much all the time and still guarantee that the party stayed alive.
Now every healer heals the same and fights the same.
Every AST card is a Balance.
SCH GCD and AoE healing is on par with WHM.
Fairy is weaker than a single regen.
WHM still has no actual raidbuffs and the only thing that it "unique" is a 9 second cast nuke that takes 90 seconds to charge.

Attached: 1550445650246.png (409x386, 30K)

your job is to heal darling
if you think pressing a heal ogcd every 30s is doing your job, then might as well play a real dps job

Tbf the first leveling dungeon of SB was harder than most of them bar the castle one (holy shit this one hit hard for no reason). The remainder of the dungeons, both ex and normal, were piss easy bar the very first ex I did due to being only on minimum ilvl.
When it comes to the primals, only Chucklefuck With Sword ever seemed to hit moderately hard. Never noticed anything special on savage besides the painting boss that kept auto-ing both MT and OT, but our OT back then was an idiot, getting used to Neo-Ex and the opening on God Kefka because his heal checks were all frontloaded in the first 2 minutes to teach people how they worked (but never changed so therefore fucking easy afterwards). Same for Ultimate, the damage in Ultimate was a laugh bar the specific healing-intense phases.

Considering you're whining so much because the devs told you to heal, I seriously doubt that.

I leveled it to max, but I can't be bothered doing all of the Masked Carnival. I think I have four or so left that I need to finish, but I'm so burned out on BLU that I'm not going to bother anytime soon.

But AST already has that?

>Want to play NIN
>Too much of a brainlet to remember the jutsu orders
who here /massivefuckingretard/

Attached: 1547300940857.jpg (1200x1012, 167K)

I thought that was Hyoh for a second.

Attached: DnSZyzPU4AEZFza.jpg (640x640, 106K)

If you want an involved DPS rotation, play a DPS job

NOOOOOOO DELETE THIS
WE DON'T SPAM BROIL ALREADY

More like, give us something fun to do while we stand there waiting for the bars to be depleted.

Doesn't need to be dps. Let it be support skills, mitigations skills, buffing skills.

Anything, just something else than stare blankly into the wall throwing sparkles at the boss that ultimately do nothing.

>your job is to tank darling
>if you think pressing a tank stance once is doing your job, then might as well play a real dps job
What did he mean by this?

put them in a nice order so 123 is suiton and 321 is huton
12 is raiton
21 is katon
23 is hyoton
312 is doton

It may be different in ShB. I don't really expect it to be, but it might be.

Let's look at the same thing but healing this time.

>85 embraces that don't really need that much player interaction
>5 whispering dawns
>5 indom
>5 fey union
>2 lustrates
>1 excog
This guy even went wild enough to cast 10 succors, 2 lustrates and one physick

Attached: 1548934431342.png (753x305, 34K)

Give healers double the raid mechanics, that'll keep them busy from casting.

SCH bros...we got exposed...

I play both and unironically, DPS in XIV is more fun because your abilities feel more impactful. Maybe just because of the GCD being longer or things like BLM doing what Arcane is trying to do but better, which is funny since it basically just ribbed off Arcane and Fire together but made them less bullshit.

Tanking and healing however is a different story. WoW has absolutely fucked tanks since the high times of MoP, but one thing that's carried over consistently is being in charge of your own health and every button you press in some way being tied to that. It blows away XIVs mindset of "DPS with defensive cooldowns" because they're allowed a lot more power over their own life. I can see what you're saying about XIV feeling like an older version of WoW in that regard, because it's going back to a time when tanks kind of just had to hold aggro and hope a healer could keep them alive and their party didn't fuck up too much. The sad part is there are tools like Clemency which are amazingly overpowered for a tank role, so you can keep yourself alive if you want...But you're "not supposed to use them" because healers do NOT need the help in this game.

Which is just because healers in XIV are so OP that they don't even have to try to keep a group alive, and if someone fucks up it's just instant death anyway. So then healing in XIV is just that much less satisfying since there's less to think about and less to do that actually relates to your role. I tried doing a Paladin healer in WoW recently and holy fuck, not being able to instantly top off a group from 50% to 100% in one ability is a big game changer. hoosing when to spam heal the tank and hoping the DPS gets out of fire or using cooldowns to make it through a pull is such a different experience than "spam DPS skills, hit OGCD heals when the tank's health has moved enough". I'm hoping SHB will bring a bit more healing to healers, I'm just worried they'll keep it too safe.

It seems like they're trying to make piety more useful, so they're gutting mana regen abilities like ED. So I don't think it's just them removing damage skills, and SCH regaining less mana because of it is planned.

>try out conjurer for kicks
>need to kill three bugs, mushrooms and squirrels for initiation
>the horrendous cast time for rocks spell which do piddling damage
>getting aero a level or two later barely helps
Dear God, how do people live with this shit?

My main job pretty much is just one damage spell, and it's fun

Probably the dumbest post in this thread

You get Rock 2 and it hits harder

Healers have gotten so used to maximizing DPS that at this point if they were actually forced to heal/support for the entire fight they would probably whine even harder.

I wanted to play it but I didn't want to live and die by being the trick bitch

WHM still has Thin Air and MP restore on Assize.

only 20 more levels friends

Attached: unknown.png (177x117, 16K)

To master the White Mage, you must first master the shed, live in it, be molded by it.

Attached: WHM 5.0.jpg (546x5498, 1.93M)

>try out SCH for kicks
>need to kill three bugs, mushrooms and squirrels for initiation
>the horrendous cast time for ruin spell which do piddling damage
>getting bio a level or two later barely helps
Dear God, how do people live with this shit?

It's not like launching raidwide aoes would make healing more fun.

Who cares, it is also your trick.

At least we're not the LB bitch anymore. DRG has no valid excuse to not LB anymore.

??
That's 90 levels

>Level 20 Fisher

Disgusting.

Fisher is the best

My point being, healers want to be busy, they want to play their classes and feel they contribute to a kill- I believe we agree on this point.

The way they did so was dps because there was no other thing to do. Healers don't want to dps specifically. They just want to have things to do to contribute to the party. That could be dps or utility.

Attached: NO U.jpg (223x310, 27K)

estrogen

Spam broil like you're already doing nigger.

i meant botanist and miner
im saving that for after botanist and miner just to be comfy until shb

Ankha, is that you?

Please tell us why its dumb.

Just play a fucking DPS then, christ. I can't comprehend why so many people who clearly have zero interest in the act of healing, end up maining the healer role.

the complains are exclusively about removed dos skills though
you still do you 1 button spamming during downtime, so nothing changes

WoW classes are designed around simple concepts with gimmicks (ie: all healers have a permutation of “Big heal that is slow”, “ heal that is fast and cost mana”, “heal that is middle of the road” “aoe heal” all utility is roughly the same, ie “redirect aggro” ability is given to 2 classes, “aoe displacement towards the middle” is given to 3 classes’ specs (VDH, BDK, Druid heal and tank) with some gimmicks (druid’s requires them to walk out, vdh is ground placed, Bdk is centered around a target, etc...)).
Encounters are then designed around you having always some of these gimmick abilities and all classes being “capable” of at least covering all aspects they are supposed to, some being absurdly strong at some aspects and encourage you to bring them and then they add a random amount of gimmicks.
Then the boss is taken from any of these (or sometimes all with varying strategies borders on baking more on a strat than another):
Patchwork beat down.
Adds beatdown.
Council.
And example would be opulence.
Phase 1:
>Council, split raid in two
>Each side has unique mechanics
>In mythic people will randomly switch forcing you to learn all mechanics of both sides
Phase 1.5
>Gimmick time, this one is pick up and object that makes you into an ubermen (it has more stuff but you need said stuff to go onto phase 2)
Phase 2:
>Kill both adds and go to the middle to fight the boss
>Boss mechanics require you to have done the gimmic before
>Boss then has mechanics that require some class interaction with unique tools (choosing to make people immune via externals or internal mechanics some classes have or to soak huge damage)
>Then boss spawns adds that need to be nuked encouraging you to bring displacement abilities and good AoE to a mostly ST fight
Namely it shows wow is a 15 year old game where the encounter design is a focus and they’ve not been afraid to be stupid, sometimes with huge fails.
Note I mean HC-Mythic raids.

because people were hoping for more things to do during downtime in the new expansion, not less

maybe there will be less downtime instead, that'd be nice

>play healer
>have to heal
>mfw

Attached: 1397597074203.jpg (487x720, 37K)

They want fast queues, but don't want to play a tank

When you start Xiv it feels like an improved wow.
Then you get to the end game and the quality Plummets to the ground.

no no no NO NO
MY 18 MIASMAS WILL BE BROILS NOW
HOW CAN THIS BE HAPPENING

Imagine being a new player to this game and playing healer. 50+ hours of solo content you have to do with only 1 spam ability and 1 DoT.
I'd fucking kill myself.

>we really need to bring cleric stance back if healer is ever going to be "not simple" again
not sure if this is controversial but i agree and god i miss the stance dancing. i came back to ffxiv a little after stormblood dropped and learning that it was pretty much completely moved from a mechanic to a petty buff really threw off my rhythm, timing and fun

This is the game telling you to also level a DPS so killing stuff in the story doesn't take five gorrillian years.

You get a summon at 4 and count as a DPS until 30.

Healers do actually heal in this game, you know that right? Like beyond all the memes healers literally heal. It's right there in those cast amounts. Healers also use support skills, mitigation skills, and buffing skills.
Like the other images, this is my very first clear of O12S. The healer isn't particularly godlike but they were good enough to beat it and it was a first clear. Notice how they do a ton of shit.
You aren't momo sama perfectly minmaxing all of your party's mitigation tools and healing cooldowns to heal the minimum amount. If you did play at that level then the optimization aspect becomes the interesting part.

Attached: chrome_2019-05-31_07-34-23.png (613x710, 65K)

Is crafting worth it in the end for something? I always tried to level the crafting jobs but I never manage to finish because it's so goddamn soul-draining. But I feel like I'm missing on content.

Attached: ffxiv-leatherworker[1].png (662x680, 638K)

>Then you get to the end game and the quality Plummets to the ground.

Attached: 1537355030510.png (232x262, 136K)

>play healer
>heal once
>everybody topped off

Okay so, I am glad they try to make the healing part of healing more busy.

>Doesn't need to be dps. Let it be support skills, mitigations skills, buffing skills.

Which is funny, because this is generally how most MMOs handle healing/support. You theoretically could fill out an entire rotation of support abilities you need to keep up on each PT member. I guarantee people won't like it though, because it won't be "proactive" enough. I usually enjoy playing support classes that do nothing but throw out constant buffs, enfeebles and status effects. However, all I ever heard from people is that those classes were "boring", even though they were far more involved and calculating than Damage dealing ever was. Let's face it, people are mostly entertained by the concept of watching numbers fly. The number of buttons presses can remain the same in any role, all that matters to the brain is that those buttons a). Come in different permutations and b.) Actively participate in killing the mob.

I'll digress, though, because many of those aspects don't work in this game. There's just not much to do other than make the Red bar bleed while avoiding Death-spots, so I can sympathize with Healers, to an extent. This just isn't quite the right game for traditional class roles, and it's the same exact reason why tanks want more DPS options too.

I'd only be okay with it if there was some kind of very short recast delay to toggling it off and toggling stances in general were more responsive. I've cucked myself so many times by swapping off Cleric Stance but pushed it a little too fast and turned it back on immediately.

Do you want a shitton of gil? It's a gil and heavy time investment but big money if you know how to play the marketboard.

There's a lot of story and in 5.0 there's going to be crafter/gatherer endgame related to Ishgard.

ESLs huh

if you like gil, and you are willing to make the gil investment for that. Yes

Grind each crafting job out to 20 then use leve quests until 50 then do moogle dailies until 60 and namazu dailies until 70. You only really make money from crafting once you have everything maxed.

I really like that interpreter-san. I want to impregnate her.

Same, I don’t enjoy DPS but I have to say tanks and healers are much better in wow since Xiv just copied wrath/tbc/classic era healing/tanking but without the down ranking and mana issues, so you press heal and everyone is at 100%.
You play Tank an you are just an aggro pilot with bad dps.
Also m+ does wonders for tank and healer gameplay and how you switch around and choose the route, etc...

Wow is also currently on its worst iteration because it is legion but without redeeming qualities and extra stupid changes. See gcd change.

The devs are far too afraid of making jobs unviable, as if anyone actually doing hard content where viability matters cared about the job they were playing.

There is no reason why the hardest content needs to be possible to complete with every comp.

Sure. Here's a tip. Get a real fucking job.

>healers heal
>most used spells are dps

Well, they heal yeah, but they seem to spend most of their time casting damaging spells judging by the image you posted.

But healing can be fun, but it's mostly when mechanics force whole group apart. Stuff like hello world can be quite fun, but at the same time it's a mechanic that forces melee run to the corner of a arena.

my favourite thing about healing is getting the sound effect when you heal someone from critical hp

PRease understandu I no speak engrish.

Yep! They do a lot of stuff and casting damage spells is one of the things they do.

>have no qualms about spending an irresponsible amount of money eating out and going to the bar with friends
>absolutely stubborn about buying a level skip that's probably just an extra hour at work that would save me more than just an hour of grinding from 1-70
Good God I'm a fucking retard with my retard logic sometimes

The only people who are raging about wanting more dps are faggots who couldn't cut it as DPS. Healers get praised for existing and we don't have to do high DPS to get it. So they waddled their fat asses over to healing.

I don't mind spending money but I absolutely refuse to spend money on any cash shop out of principle. Cash shops are a fucking cancer.

where my BLMbois at?
From some of the job overview videos I've seen I get the impression the change to freeze is undervalued. We can immediately hop from flare to freeze to thunder IV to fire III and back to flare again. That sounds like a bit of a big deal to me. Isn't it? No idea why blizz II is still in the game, though. It doesn't have damage fall-off, I guess?

Attached: 1495722610855.gif (128x128, 4K)

There are ways to make utility more appealing. Give healers CC's, slows, stuns. Bring more adds to boss design- I remember how satisfying it was to mitigate damage with a well placed Entanling roots or Cyclone in WoW.

Coil tried the "if a fight has adds it's good" thing. It wasn't.

It's a huge deal for dungeons but parsetrannies don't care about dungeons so of course they don't care about it.

pretty much, it was fun when I got into encounters that allowed me to use shackle undead.

But 80% of that healer's GCDs are its damage rotation. Over 60% of all their skills used are damage-related. Damage-related actions are less than a quarter of a healer's full kit and yet they account for nearly 70% of their fight activity.

Prease understand that’d be hard between dilations.
And sounds dangerous design.
How about instead we do a crisscross pattern on the ground!

Huh? O7S was pretty comfy, Anonymous.

Also, that can probably be most attributed to having 8 man raids. That's too few to force you to design a fight with a bunch of retarded shit running around.

I couldn't care less about DPS. I just want something to fucking DO between heals other than pressing the same button over and over.

How is it hard to understand that healing itself is not remotely demanding in FFXIV which makes pure healing incredibly dull?

Yeah but my point is, they spend more time damaging than actually healing. Right now, the general fear of healers is that the new content will not have enough healing uptime to make healers feel busy. And with the removal of several dps abilities, those moments will feel boring-

No, it sounds pretty alright to me. Paying for level skips is a dumb concept and it only exists to jew people out of cash. If you don't enjoy leveling a class, why would you want to play it? Why would you pay to skip part of the game you're already paying for?

Did you read the post I replied to? The want WoW style adds, not a single add for the other tank to pick up.

>From some of the job overview videos I've seen I get the impression the change to freeze is undervalued.
It's not. I've seen BLM mains commenting on how strong their AoE is going to be now that the downtime phase has been reduced to almost nothing. I also posted about it like 2 days ago.

I want to talk about your healer/tank points. Look at healer's spells and abilities, and you'll notice a few things: AoE OGCDs are almost as strong as single target OGCDs, AoE heals are more efficient in every department at 3 targets generally, and OGCDs generally don't have a cost (they are "free" in the sense that there's no point not using them, except for cases like Aetherflow where you have to compare the opportunity cost of something else). When I compare it to WoW, AoE skills generally had a much higher penalty for being used (mana cost, low power or shares resources with a much more powerful single target skill), less prevalent in general and even powerful abilities had MP costs and large cds where you had to be a tad more thoughtful on when to use them (think stuff like Tranquility). Heck even now you'll notice healers generally get more AoE healing per expansion than strictly single target, and there's never really a cost to using it bar "could I have used it better?" And while damage isn't high compared to healing, tank health can definitely pingpong like crazy without cds because of crits, extra damage and tanks having a comparatively low eHP to the damage they obtain. They could give tanks some more health and survivability, and weaken healing as a whole so you don't have to babysit the tank 24/7 and are able to leave them without any healing for longer than 10s.

Someone else already addressed this.

They go play a DPS and stop shitting up healing with your ADHD faggotry.

Why are you even playing if it feels like a job?

Sounds better than the boss theme tbqh.

Blizzard 2 is there to add some blue to your hotbar.

Big brain comfy strats. I approve.

Blue Mages are hacks

Is there a video showcasing Viera animations?

Well those are just an example of how to make utility more interesting. Doesn't have to be add-based could be anything! Imagine, suddenly the boss turns around and attacks the ceiling of the cave you are fighting in, but then the Druid targets the crackling rocks and casts roots to hold the cave together. We could have environmental hazards the healers could fix to prevent raidwide damage.

That being said there's still waiting for a mana tick after freeze and before thunder 4 unless you have a proc. So basically this is when you use foul or thunder procs. That being said we won't really have polyglot or procs for every single ice phase so yeah, there's still a it of mana tick dependence there.

>just finished Stormblood
Holy SHIT that was good. 4.5 was a fucking masterpiece. So many well-paced moments, I'm hyped for Shadowbringers now.

Blizzard 2 is not a huge deal for dungeons dumb fuck

yes

WoW has from single adds to swarms to adds that select random players to adds that you can ignore with high dps to adds you need to keep alive.
WoW isn’t in classic anymore lma

I meant the changes to Freeze and being able to swap to Ice straight out of a Flare dumbass

mtq has them
but be ready for disappointment

It was almost a masterpiece right up until it turns out that all the setup for a Garlemald expansion was a huge red herring and we're actually spending the next two years in another dimension.

based retards

That's literally five fucking shurikens you're throwing compared to one. Your shits are still there fucking christ being little bitches aren't we?

Oh you mean the thing that everyone says will be really nice and strong. Sorry, I thought you meant the thing nobody cares about like your post said.

why didn't you protect their smiles?

Attached: D7wAnRsUIAAJgLO.jpg (800x1129, 97K)

>WAR IS COMING
>but you have more important shit to do in an unrelated universe lol

Attached: 1554989756045.jpg (480x480, 22K)

okay OKAY what about this NINcucks listen up
what if we had a new oGCD weaponskill that made our next attack deal increased damage, but made the next GCD last for 3.5s? this would allow for ample time to play ninja piano without having to fuck with the base nin gcd of 2.0s
pic related, its me trying to solve the NIN crisis

Attached: scientist-in-lab-scientist-looking-at-chemical-liquid-in-research-laboratory-scientist-working-in-la (1920x1080, 2.43M)

That's not esuna, esuna doesn't look like that

literally all useless

sure but let monks have it

>BRO THANK THE TWELVE I FINALLY GOT A HOLD OF YOU
>CAN YOU GO PICK UP MY PACKAGE AT THE CRYSTAL TOWER? THANKS MAN I'LL TELL YOU THE REST IN A FEW MONTHS BRO

Attached: 1540376970834.png (287x293, 217K)

WE FALL

>enter duty
>stoneskin 8 people
>protect since SCH protect was shit
>repeat after every wipe

Don't even get me started on mid fight 8man stoneskins.

Sorry, they gave that skill to Monk instead.

Attached: SSS.png (498x349, 236K)

>implying esuna wont join them in the grave come 6.0

n-nani

Attached: tgt.png (290x333, 95K)

Kinda busy. Also only Ilberd can call me bro.

>wahh why won't you argue in a circle with me

I'm a brainlet because I don't get how you actually use this

As if you didn't already know which is why you "came up" with that idea,

GNBros, how can we get out of the cuckshed

Attached: 1537091823974.jpg (800x1000, 709K)

Except for the part where you get mindfucked and literally almost get killed because of it, and Estinien saves you off-screen.

>MNK gets Six-Sided Star
>SAM gets Shoah

what is this the jewish expansion

Here's your monkey paw, bro.

Attached: 1535199513703.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

Because ARR content is shit? The fun and good story doesn't start until Heavensward. Most classes and gameplay are so soul sucking and brain dead until 60 that I wouldn't fault anyone for wanting to skip that shitfest.

Sure, play normally through the game on your first character/first job. I highly suggest it. But once you've got your first 70 and you start working on your alt, there is no reason to go through all that shit again. And don't say it teaches you how to play your class. If it takes you 70 levels to understand how your class is played then you fucking suck at video games

oh my fucking god
MNK isn't going in the shed, MNK is going in the fucking OVEN
AND SAM WILL PUT THEM THERE

Attached: 1465786606710.jpg (185x216, 7K)

Hes onto us mods delete this asap!

It saddens me that SCH lost a lot of its DPS kit.

Jesus dude the job hasn't even been released. Clam the fuck down.

my man

Attached: schberd.png (700x700, 1M)

It's meant to be a combat finisher so you refresh GL until the next pack.

It's for when you need to move away from the boss for a few seconds like when they do a circle AoE, or if the boss is about to jump.

It's SB all over again then.

Don’t worry, I’m 100% sure it’s gonna be some Narnia shit and we’ll have been gone for 10 minutes actually.

see

New long hair

Attached: file.png (480x605, 271K)

I skipped both ARR and HW because I wanted to reach the end game as quick as possible

>current XIV universe's major religions parallel christianity
>new XIV universe's major religions parallel judaism
>WoL goes evil in the new universe
hmmm

Potencies can be easily fixed, I wouldn't worry as long as it's more fun to play than other tanks.

>Lost his brothers Leeches and Exalted Detriment
>Lost all use now that there are less and less dispellable debuffs
>Lost all his role action friends
>Is going to die in 2 years
Esuna... had a hard life.

Attached: sadness3.jpg (749x694, 46K)

Attached: the-jews-fear-the-samurai-7848992[1].png (500x454, 107K)

It also removes miasma and miasma 2.

It’s to see Zenos found both his body and a new job.

FUCK

So the best MT/OT combo will be PLD/DRK right? Shelltron+TBN can take any tankbuster with very little health lost on an almost nonexistant cooldown.

>that face

Attached: 1538412237038.png (903x514, 1011K)

That's a problem with the game, and you shouldn't be paying to support that problem. Yes it's a Catch 22 and you're fucked.

So basically, instead of homogenizing everything to the current state, they should either make jobs have more gimmicks (a la Stampeding Roar, Aspect of the Pack, etc) or expand the framework of each job type (healer, tank, range, melee) to include gimmicks to various strengths or we'll forever have the issue where each expansion, the only thing we get are bigger buttons and are completely reliant on the team making encounters that go beyond raid wide attacks and tank busters.

brotherhood and mantra still exists so SAM is the shed job for another 2 years

MTQ has them but she didn't get them all. Some like wave and their cpose idles are missing.

>six sided star has a recast of 4.88
>1488
how the fuck could they get away with this

Attached: emoji piee.png (358x356, 219K)

Wait, what's the point of this now that pet abilities are on the GCD and can not be killed?
The only one I can see having any use is Sic so that you can switch which targets they autoattack

Attached: Screenshot_20190531-045244__01.jpg (1080x1307, 204K)

Kinda funny it looks like she ran out of time right at the end and just started spamming emotes to get as many as she could. What a cutie.

Also best synergy with DNC

It's going to be a different time.

Attached: 1552669520298.gif (448x251, 3.7M)

Attached: 1530094747145.png (604x144, 59K)

Do you feel like you missed out by doing that? I just started XIV and the story is a fucking slog. I got XIV for the MMO elements like end game raids. Just feels like a bunch of fetch quests and apparently this shit has a hundred quests.

Brothers of fine taste. Ilberd is a hero.

>I got XIV for the MMO elements like end game raids
You made a huge fucking mistake then.

Every story skipper inevitably ends up regretting it and comes here asking for a rundown of what they missed or how they can get a recap because they get interested in what's happening. Story is one of the main draws of XIV.

>farming for moogle tomes
>person says in alliance chat they are going for the bird whistles

Attached: 7568492911234.jpg (1064x720, 197K)

I thought the memes were just memes but holy shit Crystal is bad at content. The funny thing about this is that from my experience it’s not even the Balmung/Mateus players that suck. It’s the other ones, people from Malboro, Diabolos, Goblin and Zalera fucking suck so bad at this game

Really? I picked up 14 since a friend said the end game stuff is pretty fun but now I'm not sure. Apparently the story gets good around Heavensward though?

Xiv already had the framework for gimmicks (role skills) they sorta forgot those where a thing.
And xiv encounter is brain draining.

>want to level AST
>REALLY want to fanta into a female just for the flavor
>recently joined an FC
>as a tank
>a male roe tank
>and I have a really masculine name
>....
Back to tanking I guess.

Attached: 1548021538358.jpg (504x370, 90K)

>It's called Stardiver and not Final Chorus
I'm actually triggered a little by this.

I hate how BLU doesn't have it's own walk or run animations.

What's wrong with that?

WoW is able to get away with having more diverse classes because their standardized raid size for the hardest content is 20 people and there's 12 classes, so they can make the assumption that you have at least one of every class and thus include mechanics that only one particular class can handle. XIV raids are 8 people but there's 17 jobs so they can't do that and instead have to focus on making the jobs as equal as possible so they don't get left out of certain content.

Dunno, besides allowing scholar to order their fairy to stand near the tank.

>Apparently the story gets good around Heavensward though?
Until you beat Ramuh, only pay attention to actual cutscenes. After Ramuh shit starts happening and ramping up to Heavenskino.

If it bothers you, you don't deserve to do what to want.

why is that funny? sprout btw.

Everyone is already calling it STD, so without a doubt that name will stick around.

It gets better and then gets better and better again though it has fetch retardation in ARR and early HW. Consider the bad shit falseflagging.Garlean shit alone tends to be nice and there's a lot of decent or good story. It's a painful grind when there's a lull but there's plenty of payoff. Simply put "it's worth it despite everything"

>focus on making the jobs as equal as possible
I find xiv jobs to be a lot more diverse while WoW classes seem mostly equal.

>implying we won't learn how to time travel and go save Haurchefant
What do you think they're adding New Game+ for?

>actual story is pretty bad (chosen one in an MMO, etc) but gets more interesting as the scope gets broader
>storytelling is complete dogshit
>gameplay doesn't do anything interesting for about 50 levels
how did we all even get this far
>primal fights wake you up every so often
oh yeah

Attached: 1199633840064.png (302x330, 104K)

Harder to play than DPS. Look at how every insecure DPSlet is responding to you.

because the bird drop rate on bird whistles is now so damn high and the trials are so easy to do as lvl 70 with unsync but for other hand you need to do diadem to get the Pegasus, and diadem is literally worst content in the game

In a month you'll be able to just go back and farm those fights for the birds in a fraction of the time.

>Then why don't those healers just play dps?
Because dps is harder to play and have actual FULL dps rotations. Look at how every insecure dumbhealer is responding to you.

i miss him. i miss us. i miss our dates

Attached: ffxiv_16042019_190009_954.jpg (1920x1080, 787K)

It's faster to just grind them, the drop rate is very high. I soloed Ravana EX for the bird and it dropped on my 2nd try

WILL HEALERS EVER STOP CRYING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

you can already farm the fuckers now with ease

I was subbed and actively playing the game during this ff15 event but I never played 15 and I didn't bother to partake in it. Did I miss something good?

>actual story is pretty bad (chosen one in an MMO, etc)
I think they make the chosen one stuff interesting by setting you up as the chosen one near the beginning and then exploring the actual consequences of being in that position. There's so much bad shit that happens because of you and the DRK quests especially bring that to the surface.

XIV jobs might be more diverse in terms of playstyle, but in terms of what each job within a given role can actually do, they are almost all identical. The only real consideration is how much DPS they do vs how good their raid buffs are.

Yeah I meant solo but I forgot to say that

>I soloed Ravana EX
you can solo those?! I thought you at least needed an unsynced party.

you fucking idiot

SEETHING.

>i didn't get a 4 seater mount because i'm retarded

I never asked for this blessing of the light.

is it gay if I secretly love it when I decide to single pull and then the healer rescues me to pull more

holy shit this job actually fits in 3 bars now, impressive
rage of halone upgrades into royal authority now right? is that the only skill that upgrades on pld?
it's weird that they didn't cull shield bash

Attached: Untitled.png (593x148, 174K)

A 4 player mount, noctis glam armor and hairstyle and some orchestrion with ff15 music.

Just blame Alphinaud

If you know how to play warrior and you're not a gearlet you can solo Rav EX pretty easy. I haven't tried Bismarck EX but I don't think you can do that one due to how the adds work

Dood.

Early leveling is retarded. You see 10 characters for a minute, most of them get killed off, the rest disappears and shows up again in Stormblood and you're confused who they are.
Once you get to ~40 it starts picking up steam, and level 50 is a bumpy ride with ups and downs.
You will feel like skipping but then you might miss out on some key information, so if you feel like it's boring you, take some time off and level crafters or something.
Once you get near the end of ARR (blue armor guys, banquet and shit), the story picks up and keeps a good level from there on.

This is my wife

Attached: file.png (458x490, 315K)

Brain draining how? I hope you mean as being mindnumbingly boring, predictable and monotone.

The chosen one in an MMO I understand but in terms of story I thought it was alright towards the end of ARR then it gets good for a bit during HW and peaks at Dragonsong and then Stormblood

Your wife is a man

I don't think Bismarck is worth doing if you can't burn his health in 1 go.

Alphinaud did nothing wrong.

Attached: 1514189907853.jpg (239x238, 10K)

Crafting is more fun than raiding.

where are you doing this? wanna see how it looks for drk on controller

I think the car looks awful.

I see I didn't miss anything then.

Everything after ARR 2.0 is his fault.

>literally caused two expansions, killed a good chunk of what was left of the scions, a war with Garlemald, and having to go Mhiganda

Way to prove the point.

healerbros, what happens if one of my neurons fires when I'm doing a dungeon?

i feel like i might have a stroke if something like that happens

thank god yoshi p is looking out for us

Attached: 1511213981827.png (645x729, 82K)

>pets don't generate enmity anymore in shadowbringers
>won't be able to use pets to solo spread out gimmicks for old content for a challenge

t-thanks yoshi

What I like about being "Hydaelyn's Chosen" is that you aren't the only one with echo.
But I wonder why Arenvald isn't terrorizing Ascians with us.

you are a pedophile

He's also Elidibus

Attached: 1537699760782.png (1251x701, 726K)

Yes, RoH is the only skill that upgrades. PLD lost 6 buttons but gained 5, combined with losing 3 role actions the whole job fits on 35 buttons including Sprint and LB.

>Minfilia and Alphinaud both slowly walk across the narrow path to the boss
>Alisaie runs through it at mach speed
>Thancred just jumps
How would the rest of WoL's friends handle this?

Attached: 1559185930973.png (527x470, 207K)

Because the Echo is different from the Blessing of Light. Echo is actually somewhat common and the powers anyone is blessed with vary. The Blessing of Light is the chosen one shit.

You that bored? It looks fine aside from some low numbers to most people and that can be fixed.

Attached: 1557069931784.jpg (322x306, 20K)

He's a scrub, just like Minfilia

ff14moomoo.com/hotbar_simulator2.html
use the drop down in top left to switch it to keyboard controls or jobs
this goes for everyone else too, post them new bars bros

Attached: this_is_your_dps_rotation.png (645x246, 82K)

Urianger also teleports I believe.

>they're making Alisaie depend on us and setting flags left and right
I can't tell which one of them will bite the bullet.

>7.0 is going to be UBW of FFXIV

Attached: 1553908416673.gif (480x345, 3.45M)

You forgot bio II

Look at this zoomer post and tell me how am i not supposed to get mad at people like this?
>Tediousness
If you had a game with zero tediousness it would not be a game

They strip you of that chosen one status just so you could prove you don't need any blessing to do your job. You get the blessing back but at that point you don't even need it.

>he doesn't know

sometimes you just look at a post and know the person who made it is under 5'5

Alisaie's getting the axe, it's why Minfilia is back to being a qt teenager so that we'll have something to take her place

The real question is if they'll make her death primarily our fault or Alphinaud's

>He says while proving the point by parroting the comment with a different flavor of no you like a child
Oh sweet summer child.

Ilberd would Holmgang the boss over the gap so you didn't have to do the pathway.

Attached: warberd.png (700x700, 933K)

Denote lot of shit is spec specific AND there is 36 of those.
And you can’t just switch weapon and presto done you are another class.

Ours and it causes a rift with Alphi

IDK? Maybe go get laid?
Not my problem you only play shitty games so you think tediousness is somehow required and a good thing

>Alisaie's death causes Alphinaud to begin his change to Elidibus

Ilberd would homlgang WoD and then jump into the pit.

>Lyse REEEEs at the boss and pulls out a new LB out of her ass

Attached: Character Development.jpg (1060x872, 168K)

Better question, which NPC would fall off, grab the ledge, and pull themself up for comedic effect?

I didn't forget user...

Attached: 1559290709396.jpg (335x762, 31K)

Krille rides your shoulder and tells you not to disappoint her.

>Y'shtola waits for someone else to do the mechanic before popping leylines

Attached: 1540491905061.jpg (2893x4096, 1.49M)

>reason why Elidibus wants to kill us is because of Alisaie

Tataru

Illberd would pull out his Nidhogg eyes, jump into the abyss, and then turn into Shinryu to obliterate the boss.

2.0 Thancred

Ilberd's a bro, he would never do such a thing.

>SCH is the only one with an oGCD big dick AoE heal

i guess if you have no friends to drive around with, makes sense that you wouldnt care

estinien would be a dps. he'd disappear at the start of every pull then show up when the mob's at 5% to instantly execute it.

If a game had zero tediousness all you would do is stand there and do nothing

I was thinking about it recently and couldn't remember if you do get it back or not.
Which patch did it happen in?

Hildibrand would just fall and not be seen again for the remainder of the fight.
You’d find him again a week later half-buried into the ground in the middle of a Sastasha run.

NINbros, when is doton actually worth using? i've seen people make jokes about it being completely fucking useless, is this true?

What a funny thing to say when every single one of the hundreds of cars ingame I've seen while playing were completely empty aside from the driver.

Attached: ryan-gosling-1.jpg (612x380, 247K)

>is a chance he doesn't return at all
>this can happen for the first boss

>Still can't buy the Omega-F outfit or hair
Why does SE hate us

You mean like Assize and Earthly Star?

kek

AoE pull when it'll have time to tick.
On long downtime when boss doesn't move (will be replaced by Suiton Meisui)

imgur.com/a/yNmvZWE

Will Alma and Ramza ever appear again?

Attached: file.png (1574x679, 1.48M)

it's got three of them now bro.

Attached: ogcd.png (485x883, 524K)

More like estinien would appear just as you take fatal damage, save you and then leap into fucking space, clearing all the planets back to our original planet, obliterating any rooftops or space rocks in his way, to take you all the way back to foundation
again

It's useful if tank is not an utter imbecile.

You get it back just before the end of Heavensward. You force it back to you with your own strength. You're not given it back, so you no longer have to rely on the Blessing and drain Hydaelyn of her power, but you still have access to it.

mod your game retard

>boss has a one shot mechanic at 50%
>when you walk back after releasing estinien is standing over the mob's corpse, looks at you, and jumps away

>Since there aren't commands, we were thorough in developing their personalities to make up for it. For example, if the player is a DPS, Minfilia and Y'shtola will never use limit break. This is because they think the player--in other words, the WoL--is the leading actor, and so the WoL should be the one to use it. Although in Y'shtola's case, she might just be thinking, "It's a DPS loss, so someone else can do it." *laughs*
kek

Game needs to be rebalanced so that tanks and healers do absolute dogshit piss poor dps.

the point still stands

Question for healers, will WHM's level 80 ability increase potency on all of their healing spells or just their GCD healing spells? I'm a tank main and I know there was some fuckery with Convalescence when it came to OGCDs

cope

why were they so damn cute(both of them)?

>SCH went from the biggest DPS healer to the biggest heals healer

What the fuck

Doton is good to use as your second jutsu after TA when the boss will remain stationary, its also acceptable to use it with ten chi jin if TA is on cooldown.

Ive been NINing since 2.4 and have never not been in the top 2 dps in a group and I use doton a lot.

>Estinien jumps to your location to pull you out of a fatal aoe

t. insecure dps cuck shaking and crying when he sees a tank and healer chad out dps him
sad!

no

take by force what yoshit won't give you

Attached: 1538297429730.png (660x711, 796K)

>New critical buff allows us to perform the following:
>750 potency heal to everyone around you
>1200 potency heal that autotriggers in 50% or less health, assuring that it won't overheal
> 450 potency heal + 2 shields worth 562 potency and 450 potency respectfully OR a 1012 potency heal + 450 potency shield with emergency tactics
>270 potency heal + 337 potency shield OR 607 potency heal
>All of that for free
>Not even WHM can heal that hard outside of Benediction

Attached: 1554104889469.png (1904x1080, 1.85M)

If you're not setting up trick attack with TCJ, then fuma-katon-doton is higher potency than the suiton setup, assuming the boss doesn't move. It's also your best AOE assuming the mobs don't die too quickly, especially since kassatsu makes each tick crit.

Right, because the absence of tediousness also means the absence of fun and any gameplay for that matter.

I think that other user may be right. I think you may not only be under 5'5", but fucking braindead as well

When Eurika 2 comes out and nobody will ferry you, you only have yourself to blame

>paying for something only you can see
modders are so pathetic

It used to be insanely useful in PVP to choke off points but they removed it.

got more?

nice pit

Play your roles or play dps you tards.

only gcd

no need to learn when to use it properly now since we're not gonna do it anymore in 5.0 (on single target) as said
just use it to kill trash in dungeons if you bave the time to let it tick

>paying
>he doesn't know

t. enrage expert

No.

okay duty roulette expert hero lol

MUH

>clearing fights without seeing all they have to offer
That's not very respectful.

Imagine getting outdamaged by a beast tribe race known as Lalafell.

Attached: 1322.jpg (1918x1079, 595K)

Agreed my friend.
Tanks should have no damage abilities at all.

Someone has to pay for the commision even if its released for free elsewhere

Holy shit, DRGs AF is just as terrible as everyone though it was from the preview. I think they need some new designers.
youtube.com/watch?v=OnZ6BS7WENc

Seethe

>os9 normal
>entire group except tank perform like shit
>heaerl blames me for dying too much
>tank too
>heal can't outheal akh morns, died thousand times by ignoring mechanics and killed others
>can't talkk out because no KB connected
Anons I feel being raped. Justice is not here

Wrong, most mods are free and there are plenty of new releases.

I pin that lalaboy and rape him to show dominance it’s all animals know.

shit taste

>moving the goalposts this far

>I think they need some new designers.
That's been obvious for all of SB. When they weren't recoloring HW gear they were using gear contest designs. They're literally outsourcing gear design to the fucking playerbase.

>sprout tank in stone vigil
>he's a gladiator
>runs ahead but then just turns and stares at us
>waits for the dps to pull
>only uses fast blade

where do these freaks keep coming from and how do they get this far

So it's a tank cooldown on a healer then. Good to know, thanks. Little bit upset that it's better than the group utility that DRK gets but I guess numbers on that one still isn't final

Only gcd but asylum's effect will most likely increase both gcd and ogcd healing. Maybe other party members' healing as well.

wowfugees

Tanks and healers should get a debuff and do less damage for each DPS in their party.

>Not liking the Kain-esque look
gay, it just needs to lose the skirt shit honestly

Probably WoW.

Larry's so much more tolerable when he speaks normally

why doesn't he do that more often

>gladiator
>stone vigil
Did you mess up or did he?

AF2 was the proper Kain gear. This shit is the AF2 helmet but shittier, bulkier armor with a shitty skirt and fucking randomly exposed skin.

Attached: 1557788739886.jpg (630x244, 37K)

dilate

I just want more slutty gear desu

FILTHY RATS

Sounds like a bot. They only move when people get close to them and they only engage enemies when someone enters combat. The instant way to know is to tell them to type out "I'm not a bot" or jump 3 times. If they do nothing then it's a bot.

ps4 limitations please understand :^)

>any of those
>big dick heals
>consolation is only accessible every 2 min
Ok sure, I’m sure scholars are glad they have a weaker medica on a cooldown now

Shit I think I actually had a bot tank my Haukke manor the other day.
I just thought he was a retard but now that you mention it maybe it was a bot.
We tried communicating and got nothing out of him.

Why would bots play tanks?

I had a BLM in a dungeon once who only followed the party and occasionally threw spells for 10 seconds before going back to AFKing. Every fucking pack he was just standing there doing nothing and then magically started following us when we we’re on our way to engage the next pack.

cast broil twice and start healing again bitch

It's the most brainless job, obviously.

Alphinaud.

no content needs healer pretending to be dps to clear
fuck off with your speed running, stupid parse tranny
back to fellating hp bars you go, you're my bitch now, not the boss'

Sometimes people download the shittiest botting programs from Ownedcore to play the game for them while they work or sleep. The bots are so dumb that they often bug out or are incapable of replicating real player movement (never use jumps, instantly snap target to a direction instead of gradually turning, etc).

As for why they play tank idk. Maybe they want to power level it but don't want to buy a boost.