Isekai still trash?

So in last thread we decided that there are only few good isekai games:
>.hack//
>NOX
>Half-Life 2

Is that fucking it? How come previously good gener is such trash now? I blame Japan with its moe era that doomed it all and especially Kyoto Animation.

Attached: RegalLeafyFerret-size_restricted.gif (500x281, 409K)

how is half-life 2 isekai?

>dot hack is an isekai
Except that's wrong you moron. Even when you're stuck in The World it's often very short limited amounts of time.
You might as well call Super Mario 64.

Attached: 1531172211693.png (654x700, 599K)

Wish fullfillment for Gordon as he turns from just a scientist to the beacon of hope for humanity

MC is entering new different world or setting, everyone is depending on you, saving world despite all odds

Half Life is more of a reverse isekai.

He literally is in the same world that got fucked over

It almost can count as new one, since it was fucked that much and Gordon just woke up almost on its end

none of that is isekai.

Doesn't matter if significant time has passed or change has occurred.

Except it can't because it's still the same world, but fucked up. Fuck off with your Yea Forumsutism.

>Significant time
Less than a century, come on, its still the same world and he meets many of the same people he met in Half Life 2, isekai is when someone gets transported to a different world

>MC is entering new different world or setting,
this is isekai.
>everyone is depending on you, saving world despite all odds
this is not.
freeman does not enter a new world, its the same one he was instrumental in creating.
if you are seriously suggesting that this qualifies, then demolition man is isekai, and so would be anything with time travel, or really just the MC being gone or in a coma for some time.

i love that duck

Attached: 07e.png (607x827, 643K)

It doesn't matter, main point is it being new different world, and "new" doesn't mean it have to be literally new world

that's just native isekai if he's born in it then

>OR CHANGE
Damn dude you're retarded.

Why? Why they butchered my girl like that?

Attached: 435f446c0524a9f3752105068331d3638343fbb9_hq.jpg (900x600, 106K)

>demolition man is isekai
It is.
>so would be anything with time travel
Most things yeah.

Only 1 of those games is a Isekai. That is because most of them are based off of video games.

Jak and Daxter is actually an Isekai. I think you fail to understand what it means.

MC transfering in video game is not the only thing that count as isekai

Is Tanya the evil new season out?!

I have not gone to Yea Forums for years because the place is beyond shit to talk about anime.

>Tanya the evil
>the evil
but she did nothing wrong

A character must go to a new world from his old world and must learn to adapt in the new world. The MC is normally also stuck without a way to go back forcing him to adapt.

Answer the question you autistic waifu shit lover before I need to Google and find out on my own.

There's just a movie and no confirmation of a second season

No the movie come out like 2 weeks ago. Which continue where the first season ended.

Reminds me of Konosuba. I really hope they get another season

Look I know the back of the boxes and Youtube advertisements say shit like that but you shouldn't take the "visit a new world" stuff seriously. You aren't visiting another world when you boot up Skyrim no matter what Todd tells you.

Movie
Mary Sue is in it

Attached: 1559053400669.jpg (1080x1549, 357K)

Thanks man

wow rude
calm down fagboi

Attached: tanya471.jpg (993x745, 546K)

Are you also the native isekai retard?

>new
No, it's the same world
>different
No, people know who he is and recognize him, multiple people are his ex co-workers
>saving world despite all odds
>despite
No, the shit was rigged by G-man from the start. This changes only in Episode 1

Fucking retards and your autistic ideas.

Already confirmed tho

kill yourself ret/a/rd

I didn't know real life was going to become isekai the moment an asteroid hits Earth.

A Genre tag is useless when it is so broadly applied.

Yeap, just proved my point, but feel free to continue.
What a retarded idiot, jesus

HL2 isn't a Isekai you fucking retards.

>it's da same world
>he even knows people
The Matrix is definitely isekai and both of those apply to it.

isekai is shit in any medium
there's no good isekai anime either

the matrix is just playing a video game

Attached: 1559053941783.jpg (1080x1549, 273K)

what is this new meme of misusing the term isekai?
i have seen at least 3 threads within 2 days without looking for them

Last action hero is maybe the first "actual" Isekai movie. None retard reaching for Isekai in anything need not reply.

Good movie, fuck critics and fuck haters

Isekai isn't even a genre.

Isekai has always been trash.
Thanks to Japan and its garbage tropes.

Are all light novels isekai now? I swear that genre seemed slightly more diverse a decade or so ago.

OP i see what you're doing, you asked about some good isekai games in last thread and now you post with list of isekai games that anons said are good in previous thread
what's your endgame? i bet it's to off yourself and be revived in isekai world as enternal loli

Attached: These 4chunners...they're insane ya know.jpg (320x403, 33K)

>The Matrix is definitely isekai
Shut the fuck up already, faggots, you're applying the term incorrectly. According to that logic, everything is isekai.
>Nier is isekai because there's timeskip and character is intoduced in a new world
>Doom 2016 is isekai because Doomguy is waking up in the future after sleeping in hell
>Dark Souls and Bloodborne are isekai because you can travel into past/dreamscape
You don't even care what isekai means, you're just loosely attaching the vague tag to anything that has any connection to it.

Is Tanya really an isekai though? Tanya has barely any memory from our world other then the fact being x royally fucked him/her.

talking about anime on Yea Forums will unfortunately make the tranny janny throw a shitfit if you hurt their feefees

Attached: xvjbvm.jpg (967x977, 360K)

ye battle harems and chuunishit are all but dead now

How do you fuck up the understanding of a basic concept such as "literally sent into another world"?

Fuck, abandon thread

Attached: 1559175901515.webm (720x405, 3M)

Ignore the autistic waifu faggot.

Half-Life 2? Is this cheap bait or are you genuinely retarded?

NuDOOM would fit even better because it explicitly deals with alternate dimensions.
Nier and Dark Souls don't count because the character isn't suddenly moved to a new realm. The presence of a timeskip is irrelevant. It's the characters' perception of it. Nier didn't magically jump through time. He still lived normally even though we don't see it.
This is so basic and easy to understand I feel stupid having to explain it to you.

Here's an actual isekai game.

Attached: Digimonworld.jpg (500x495, 60K)

But he did, him viewing humans as nothing more then a resource, and using them as such are why he keeps getting put on the frontline where he could potentially die and lose his bet with being x.

There is nothing inherently wrong with isekai, however its misuse is rampant throughout the genre and justifies staying the fuck away from it on principle.
It is almost exclusively used by shitty authors to jumpstart a plot without having to actually construct a meaningful world behind it, and to simultaneously enable JP hikkis to self-insert into for the sake of squeezing blu-ray preorders out of them.

Attached: 1545398710410.jpg (600x403, 35K)

He lost the bet anyway.

i'm pretty sure spy kids 3d counts as isekai too

I just binged Tanya, it was okay I guess. The literal deus ex machina that's there to push the plot forward in a convenient way is just poor writing though.

No it's you here who is utterly retarded, because your criteria for labeling something as isekai is the same as people who call every game with stats in them a RPG.
You have your abritrary headcanon and think you have any authority to misnomer game genres and settings based on them, when in reality you just sound like a retarded gaylord.
Fuck outta here with your bullshit.

heavy rain is isekai because you go to Canada

Bro the definition is super simple and easy to understand. You're the retard here that's taking the use of "world" literally.

>go to C**ada
But you don't

Fuck
Outta
Here
Faggot

A better comparison would prolly be someone who calls literally anything with an online component a MMO. Especially if said online component limits the amount of players who can actually play together as small as 4 since it completely misunderstands the very clear definition while trying to generalize it as something even simplier.

>cyberpunk is isekai
Retard

what about native isekais than

>fuck this i'm out of here
>no really i'm leaving
You're pathetic lol

Is she jealous or just old habbit gaze?

Attached: 20190531_153259.jpg (393x564, 122K)

Yes a story about someone from modern day suddenly appearing in a weird cyberpunk future would definitely be isekai.

As much as I like loli, those shiny tiddies are top tier

How come this potato become her right hand?

Attached: 1482198733408.jpg (1300x1000, 476K)

The artstyle they went for with this anime is just fucking bizarre and one of the primary reasons I refuse to watch.
The other one being that I generally find the juxtaposition of real life ww2 stuff with le anime magic to be cringey.

isn't tanya some psychopath murderer guy just in a loli's body? why would he care about tit size?

I disagree with everyone complaining about the art style, I watched it recently and I came to really like it. I just think it fits better than the previous iterations that were too generic.

I've always found isekai to be kind of a cringy concept except when they emphasise the fragile nature of how something fake can be so real to people. I think hack//sign did this really well, which is why I tend to not lump it in with isekai.
But in most cases, it feels like nothing but a barrage of hamfisted tropes and most of the genre feels like an excuse for people to not have to drive an interesting narrative but they also aren't good enough to make a video game.

When I was a kid I was all about isekai. I'd love the anime/cartoons, I even wrote a handful of deviantart-tier stories myself. But then I grew up and realised it was much more fulfilling to, instead of creating a new world and self inserting as myself, self insert as something from that world; to get into their mindset instead of stay stuck in mine.
Maybe that's why I find it so cringy nowadays. I knew what it was to me back then, it was creative training wheels, and I've moved on and maybe I can't accept that others don't see it the same way.

>psychopath murderer guy
No, ordinary egoistic salaryman

This one was supposed to be good, but I haven't gotten to play it yet... Crosscode.

Attached: leasmug.png (300x300, 64K)

Undertale?

>the fragile nature of how something fake can be so real to people
What the fuck are you talking about?

Is Quake isekai?

Theres no such thing as a native isekai. What you're thinking of is simply called time travel.

test

no like goblins layer

Futurama is isekai and only a fag would argue otherwise.

Fanart =/= real life.
Tanya isn't a psychopath. She believes in meritocracy and the free market. Her only real prejudice is against the stupid and incompetent.

Attached: __tanya_degurechaff_youjo_senki_drawn_by_jin_mugenjin__e9216d5c221cfd6da7ff743d224a346c.jpg (1200x1600, 2.48M)

Isekai isn't really inherently bad. It depends on how its used, but for the most part its just short hand to tell a fantasy story in a way that people would understand and relate to easier.

Its far easier to write a character thats new to a world trying to understand the systems and world in place, rather than having ham fisted exposition all the time or trying to naturally weave it into conversations.

Brutal Legends is an isekai and it's an ok game

>dinosaurs got isekai'd into birds
Shit, no wonder they're right cunts.

Always trash

I got anal raped as a kid. The whole world looked new and different to me after that.

AM LIVING IN A ISEKAI HUUUUR DUUUR?!

It's WW1 though.

More like something combined. There was only one World War in their universe

Regardless, I'm somewhat of a historyfag, so it feels pretty gross to see the anime magic shoehorned into it. Totally unnecessary element of the story/universe. Would have loved to watch it if it was just a world war anime without the magic. Would have even been willing to look past the loli characters or whatever.

You telling me every time I go to bed I get isekai'd into tomorrow?

Native isekai is a meme some retard on Yea Forums spouted because the concept of something just being fantasy is almost unheard of these days in anime.

Kinda impressive that that retard is still going

you seem pretty far up your own ass, it's borderline I'd say

Weird I started watching it because I found the artstyle interesting and cool.

only if you talk about anime Yea Forums doesn't love.

Attached: a.jpg (304x47, 9K)

lack of funding is not a style

Time skip =/= isekai

Alright, which e-celeb faggot talked about isekai because I know all this retardation about isekai's definition must have come from one and faggots parroting their opinions. Has Yea Forums sunk so low to be watching e-celebs?

Attached: 1531590264714.jpg (787x652, 98K)

Are actors starring in a movie isekai? Are James Rolfe reviews as AVGN isekai?

>Has Yea Forums sunk so low to be watching e-celebs?

considering that happened, e-celebs would actually be a step up.

Cause the director didn't want people to make Tanya lewds.
It didn't work.

Attached: 7023db8dbd386e2a042aa6dd6981a2d3.jpg (4000x6000, 2.64M)

elaborate plox

Are you telling me there turbo autists on Yea Forums that call regular old secondary world fantasy "native isekai"?
So Malazan is native isekai?

the fact that its genderswap is already enough for me
absolute trash

>Jak and Daxter is actually an Isekai
No. Jak II and then on, yeah, I see what you mean.

I imagine they're mostly the younger posters whose main fantasy exposure is isekai for some reason, but yes.

>Are you telling me there turbo autists on Yea Forums that call regular old secondary world fantasy "native isekai"?

yep and it's dumb

>the fact that its genderswap is already enough for me
>absolute trash
that's why I refuse to watch crap like the Twintails anime

The anime does a poor job of extrapolating on Salaryman's memories and past, it's more detailed in the WN, LN and even the manga.

Attached: you're your own daughter.jpg (870x1249, 183K)

Crosscode isn't Isekai either since the MC is a native to the world it plays in

Its more that she / he believes that the stupid deserve what happens to them. If you are to stupid or willingly unaware to let yourself be scammed you deserve it.

That was moot fucking with Yea Forums, as anyone who was there at the time would know.
Battle harems were shit and people being nostalgic for them now that they've been supplanted by the isekai endemic are fucking idiots.

Well this genderswap at least makes sense and isn't done for the sake of it, but rather is part of the story. The guy died and was reincarnated as a fragile girl in a war torn world by an asshole god.

>That was moot fucking with Yea Forums, as anyone who was there at the time would know.

I was there and I saw the threads about how they loved IS and how they hijacked other threads to "talk" about it.

This whole "moot did it as a joke" defense is just d/a/mage control

its still trash

The twintail anime is actually funny though. Unless you think things need to be serious all the time

It's an elaborate and obnoxious troll-turned-forced meme, the only thing to do is ignore it.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

>I can't have a single thought without running it by my dick first
>so it's trash
I thought I was lacking in a sense of whimsy. Lay off the redpills dude, they just make you cynical

>The twintail anime is actually funny though.

it's just the whole Genderbending bullsit is a turnoff. Plus harem shit

>Unless you think things need to be serious all the time

I watched an anime where the MC suplexed a SPACE SHUTTLE, I don't need anime to be super serious but gender bending is a turnoff

Yeah, it was a joke, and IS was never even remotely as invasive as shit that actually impacted Yea Forums like Code Geass or the pre-/jp/ Touhou hijacks.
And yes, there were IS threads and morons who unironically loved it, there were also Big 3 threads and people unironically liking SAO, that doesn't mean Yea Forums didn't shit on them all with good reason.

nothing about that
genderswap is just trash

Gender swapping is probably the most tame thing in that anime though.

Goblin slayer is just normal fantasy

Yea Forums loves anything, no matter how bad, if the girls are cute.

It's why they also love SAO.

malazan is dogshit

So if he became a boy you'd watch it? Cause being a little girl is more a vehicle for what this man has to go through now. Like I said, you seem to have a problem not being able to think without it being filtered through your dick. It's not ABOUT gender swapping. He's not happy to be a little girl, like you would be

but I like fantasy

Hey weebs, is there any anime that captures the slavic post apo feels?
Something like Metro or Stalker, bleak, depressing, with no hope for the future but comfy as fuck?

Attached: stalker2_art_uhd.jpg (3840x2160, 1.6M)

The one thing that gets on my nerves about Isekai is that it is most of the time, at least in modern isekai, harem focused trash.

Yea Forums loves and hates everything, period.

>Gender swapping is probably the most tame thing in that anime though.

that sounds horrible if Gender Swapping is the most TAME thing about that anime

that ain't bad, but if you like isekai you're trash

i dont care
its still trash

People should watch Goblin Slayer just for the opening. I only even watched the anime cause I'll trust anything Mili does Momocashew is a fucking Angel and we don't deserve her

Attached: ้™ๅฎš็‰ˆ_่กจ1.jpg (1000x1000, 256K)

I still can't get over how shocked people were over Goblin Slayer when there is way worse stuff. Fuck, the year before we got Devilman Crybaby which everyone seemed to love.

What isn't trash?

what the fuck are you going on about

ITT: Yea Forums rejects
Also I guess Risk of rain is isekai now

Rape in the first episode. It was pretty graphic too. Which sucks, cause that's like the only scene

no, it's bad

if they made pre-isekai tanya a cute angry OL instead

FFTA is the best Isekai and my boy Marche is the only sane Isekai MC.

something else

Again, the shit Devilman Crybaby and most OVAs from the 80's/90's got away with makes that scene tame.

More like bored crossboarders.

This thread isn't about video games anyways. I'm just name dropping my favorite band since they're loosely Yea Forums and Yea Forums doesn't like anything that isn't already established as "good"

Apocalypse Zero would probably make the average shithead teen today scream their eyes out.

ultima you brainlet

Devilman I cant argue. Goblin Slayer got trashed on by people that actually use social media and they only talked about the first episode. Maybe because devilman was on Netflix? So it HAS to be good, it's got the logo on it

Is Toonstruck isekai?

Attached: 1473380791-4081022321.jpg (1200x750, 145K)

Goblin slayer was mostly shit on by people who don't actually watch anime. They simply saw reviewers and reactionaries on twitter tweet about the rape scene and got on the hate train

I'm still mad about this show. It baited people with such a strong start only to deflate over time like a balloon.

I'm just pointing out that I am confused by the people who have no doubt seen more graphic content, like basementcuck who gushed over Devilman or some other ones I know for sure love Berserk.

didnt they also literally start making real life equations and going #NotAllGoblins

I don't mind it since it is basically a sick twisted D&D campaign in anime form.

So kinda like the rape outrage over Cross Ange?

I'd like to contest that .hack was always mediocre and only looks good in comparison to shit like SAO

Kind of, I dropped it after GoTM but it's an apt example for secondary world fantasy and its mention attracted only one sperg. I could have said aSoIaF but then then everyone would have turned against me or mentioned The Wheel of Time and turned this whole thread into a firefight between boomers and Sandersonfags.

I think that was probably a meme

I mean weak adaptions are to be expected these days. I'm liking the manga so far at least.

Deltarune

>isekai
dumb ret/a/rded poster. the problem with a "genre" it's when they create it to be a guide line to a "sucessfull media". labels are for faggots. just make a fucking story.

>straightens skirt
>tugs braid
now you listen here you little shit

>Tanya's endgame

Attached: 1553967371520.gif (400x300, 332K)

It didn't become something ridiculous, that much I'll thank it for. Goblin Slayer's stoicism made for a few food gags too. Also Rightfully is some of Mili's best work. Shit gets me hyped

Attached: SNCL-20.jpg (500x500, 89K)

>tfw one of my favorite Isekai is Log Horizon
>author is finally done with all the legal shit from that tax evasion he did and is starting back up

probably won't be a season 3 but that's okay, the LN are enjoyable enough and they're still being released with volume 11 just being released for the west

Youjo Senki is also pretty good and is surprisingly thick for a LN

Attached: 1539766248983.gif (468x468, 197K)

Its this true?.
Did being X make him re birth in His own daugther in other universe?.

Cross Ange was all but instantly forgotten, it was just another flashpan not-Gundam-mecha Sunrise show, without the lasting power of CG.

>surprisingly thick
I got fucking trashbrain

>Cross Ange was all but instantly forgotten, it was just another flashpan not-Gundam-mecha Sunrise show, without the lasting power of CG.

and still loved by Yea Forums

His wife is Vic, if you watch closely
It's just a dream with familiar persons in it

No, you typed that out perfectly well.
Are the LNs as excruciatingly boring as the anime?

It only gets one thread in a blue moon EVEN on Yea Forums, everywhere else it's forgotten, gone the way of Soaring Cake Girl and others before it.

Is it there main girl was anally raped by other girl, with blood and everything after it?

Yep

it was loved when it was airing and now Yea Forums claims they always hated it. Same with IS.

Yes, but don't watch BD release, watch TV version.
Somehow BD is more censored then TV

There was also an innocent loli who got bitten in half by a dragon in the second episode or so.
It's a typical Sunrise affair trying to keep the audience hooked with extremes, like the insane behaviour people have towards Norma that ultimately had to be explained with literal global mind-control. Really, if they want to do shocking stuff with staying power again then should just beg Tomino to work again, but I guess he just does whatever the fuck he wants these days.

Sunrise trainwrecks are always popular on Yea Forums and there's always shit to discuss, doesn't mean they're not total fucking messes though.

Sorry, but Cross Ange is ours.
-/m/

Attached: 1557810269550.jpg (193x299, 28K)

Nice falseflag Yea Forums, /m/ doesn't like that tr/a/sh

Wrong, Embryo. We all love ninja Jesus fucking your waifu for 3 days and 3 nights.

Why was Shit-Nunnally not even crippled? What was the point of that?