ITT: Updates that ruined games

Attached: 73B16A44-0808-44F3-B25A-61DB56E1CD7F.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

i stopped following minecraft updates a long time ago, what did it do

This Minecraft update is from 2011.

adventure update came out in 2011. boomers hate it because it added the hunger system

I don’t even care about the hunger system that much but the world generation change was criminal. Sorry you weren’t around to experience that zoomer.

oh no

Attached: zoom zoom.png (553x109, 10K)

Every big minecraft update has improved the game objectively.

i actually like the hunger system, just gives me an excuse to kill livestock

Hunger isn’t so bad but some of the effects it has had on the game are negative.

Hunger is tedious, but the real villain was how they screwed up worldgen and then refused to admit it. I mean seriously, we know they made a mistake, they know they made a mistake, and they know we know they made a mistake, and yet they can't bring themselves to admit it and fix it. Just like they can't bring themselves to improve the Nether.

Ace of Spades .54

Zeah and every single content update on Zeah

Attached: Zeah_map.png (2000x1729, 2.46M)

How did they screw up woreld gen?

Good luck making Yea Forums listen. Retards here believe having 5 different blocks and nothing else is "SOUL" and "BASED".

Wwoossh

Attached: FUCKOFF.png (1280x720, 762K)

It also fucked the biome generation for a LONG time

I don't know much about the technical side, but boiled down they accidentally changed some of the code related to worldgen making it so it is a lot more uniform and less extreme. That doesn't sound so bad, until you realize this makes most of each biome look more or less similar to other of the same kind of biome as well as basically remove any chance of having the really cool landmarks like floating islands, interesting cave formations in mountains, and things like that. And while that SOUNDS like it's just a bad design choice, and I will admit I don't have a source on-hand for this, it is 100% a mistake they made that they will not own up to.

This fucker

Attached: 1559021473113m.jpg (1024x576, 71K)

In what update did they fuck up the worldgen ? I'm trying to remember how it use to generate.

The Adventure Update, Beta 1.8.

november 2011

Attached: 430px-Mannconomy_update.jpg (430x289, 55K)

Fuck off, .75 is the best.

I hate minecraft's world generation so much:
>biomes are still positioned randomly, cold biomes right next to hot ones
>oceans are still just lakes
>decently sized islands are almost nonexistant
>rivers make no fucking sense and have dry spots all the fucking time when running through hilly biomes
>actual landscape has been boring trash ever since Beta 1.8

CU & NGE updates for Star Wars Galaxies

>biomes are still positioned randomly, cold biomes right next to hot ones
>rivers make no fucking sense and have dry spots all the fucking time when running through hilly biomes
It's almost like it's a video game

Pretty sure they fixed this a long time ago.

It's a shame they were too dumb to have a backup server from just before EoC dropped. If they took 2012, gave back wildy and trade, then removed mtx, that would be the best MMO. We know how horribly Jagex is run, so anything competent like that would never have been realistic.

You say that like most video games don't actively try distance hot and cold locations and... Have fucked up rivers? What games are you playing?

i still see weird shit like this all the time

Attached: woah.png (1366x705, 898K)

That's nothing compared to how it used to be. Entire floating mountains, dude. Also, I left this out, but the old worldgen also had the world make sense (more or less). Oceans used to be massive, with gigantic distances between what were essentially continents. Now it's just a Jackson Pollock nightmare of biomes placed wherever.

Yes, I'm saying exactly that. I bet you are one of those people that complained they removed floating islands and now you complain it's not realistic enough.

Well, you're wrong, you know you're wrong, and I loved floating islands and love the more out-there aspects of the game too and want more fantasy stuff. Realism and fantasy stuff are more than capable of being done together well, but if it comes down to it I don't want to sacrifice the fun for shit like hunger.

I am a genius and you are just a retard who contradicts himself all the time and pretends the shittier versions of the game are good to earn Yea Forums cred.

If OSRS was from 2009 or beyond people would be too compliant with easyscape bullshit and the game would be dead by now

I'm not gonna lie and say I don't like the game in its current state, but to say that wanting the old worldgen back is something people talk about for internet points is fucking stupid. It was leagues better than the new gen, and only someone who didn't play the game when it was still used would say otherwise. You're a fake, not a genius.

> You're a fake, not a genius.
I bet you won't have the balls to say that to my face irl

If I saw you irl I would kiss you.

And people complained about gigantic ocean, because it was absolutely boring. They're actualy decently sized now.

It was absolutely boring, yes, but with the Update Aquatic I think that would be different. In fact, with bigger oceans, you wouldn't have like 5 shipwrecks and an entire ruined city all clustered into an area the size of a fucking ravine everywhere.

Mods fix these already, why can't Microsoft?

>trying to seduce me because you know I'm right

>implying I wouldn't seduce you if you were wrong

Attached: 1539862519614.gif (205x223, 1.1M)

I am not a gay, so your master plan would fail

To me the biggest crime was when they removed the world generation options from the menu. You used to be able to choose biome size and sea level and wich blocks could and couldn't generate. Mojang was too lazy to update that system to include their oceans and shit so they got rid of that system.
Atleast we know they spend their time working hard on what really matters, literally flying to China to record panda noises.

Attached: 1534920084372.jpg (800x838, 112K)

People are complaining about hunger and forgetting about unstackable food before that. The introduction of hunger actualy made the game less tedious.

You will be.

That's true, and it sucks that stuff is gone. I mean, it's cool that now you can choose to generate the overworld as a single biome as well as have the overworld use both the Nether and End generation, but it doesn't make up for them removing good content for dubious reasons.

This so much. I still remember the wacky infdev generation with endless cliffs and i loved every second of it. So many pirate coves i build.

Why can't they UPDATE THE FUCKING NETHER? Same shit empty hollow generation since 2011. Nothing worth exploring, the only ore is nether quartz which is nothing but for xp and shit blocks. Nether Fortressess still spawn into the ceilings clipping into Netherrack. Why is a multi-million dollar company so incompetent? What the fuck do they do all day?

Yeah, it was a great time. Every house location would actually be unique rather than the same birch forest all the time. Somehow with 1/10th of the blocks it was still in many ways special.

I hate it that I like this game so much.

Attached: 1538236367326.jpg (2560x2880, 1001K)

>only one gets put in the game while the rest are scrapped and thrown away
Why can't they put all four in? What fucking reason did it have to be in a minwcon poll to add in ONE (1) new mob?

Graal online classic