Why is combat in Western games so anti fun? Be it shooters or games using melee...

Why is combat in Western games so anti fun? Be it shooters or games using melee, the combat is always fucking dogshit and tries way too hard to be realistic or be like a movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zlh_St7XR78

How the flying fuck is that actually fun? Does that shit look fun to you? Meanwhile this is what the Japanese think is good combat:

youtube.com/watch?v=c6AJw6T5Mlc

Between Bamham games and all their copycats, The Last of Us 2, Red Dead Redemption 2 and neo God of War, the West is floundering in combat. Now we have Kojima following in their footsteps, because Death Stranding combat looks garbage like some unholy mix of Bamham and Last of Us shit. Can someone teach these people what FUN is?

Attached: anti fun.png (256x256, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QDwD5XSb8IM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>PvE garbage.
Yeah no. Even trash like For Honor is better than Godhand.

youtube.com/watch?v=QDwD5XSb8IM

Now what faggot? Better combat than any western trash and better than what Kojima is shitting out.

Skull Girls shits on most nip fightan games. Anything else?

t. obsessed weeb

It's more fun that combat in Japshit games.

Tekken 7>>>>>>>>>>>> western garbage

Now I know you're lying, not a single person who bought RDR 2 enjoyed the gameplay in it. It's clunky, awkward, and a chore to play. You tapping a button as the cowboy takes seconds before he even fucking follows commands. The fighting is so goddamn sloppy, both in melee and gunplay.

Tekken suck breh lol. If you're going to bring up a good franchise it least say vampire savior/guilty.

MK shits on Tekken dude

Because the focus for great western game designs were on pc, not console and pc games have different pros and cons then console gaming. Sure there were greta western studios who did great console games with amazing mechanics but the forefront was always on the pc. Now its all homogenized and lifeless. Nothing has a sense of personality and nothing has a sense of depth to it. They try to encorporate pc philosophy and console philosophy into one and fail miserably at it.

Its like they make you play an fps using theifs combat system and expect you to have fun playing it but you won't and never will.

MK 11 has shit gameplay, it's clunky, awkward feeling and unresponsive as fuck. Also way way too violent, I hate how combat in western games focuses so much on trying to be as violent as possible.

?
MK has less input delay then Tekken 7 or SF5 lmfao. You stupid fuck. It's legit MORE RESPONSIVE.
>it's too violent.
Shut up pussy.

How the fuck is it more responsive? Everyone who plays fighters agrees MK 11 STILL feels clunky and not smooth to play like Japanese fighters. Watching videos shows it too, the attacks all look delayed and off somehow. Japanese fighters attacks are snappy and fast, MK 11 attacks are slow and awkward and sloppy.

It's more responsive because Namco and Capcom now purposely put 6+ frames of input delay in their games for the benefit of their netcode, while MK puts none. You don't know shit about fighting games looks like.

The new God of War has good combat.
It has issues but it's leagues above the average western combat system.

Is there aword to describe it when you feel incredibly mentally superior to someone and pity them more than you despise them?

>image
t. assblasted scout

No it fucking doesn't. It's basically God Hand's camera with shitty ass Skyrim style combat.

MK has absolutely garbage gameplay you casual shitstain.

Arrogance is pretty close

I enjoyed causing big scenes in the towns and getting into fist fights. And robbing townsfolk / travelers and intimidating witnesses. I'd consider all that gameplay

itt westaboos defending shitty western game bamham garbage combat

>t. doesn't play it
Lol

You didn't enjoy any of that, no one did. Why do you think the hype for this game died so hard after release? No one even discusses it anymore. It was unanimously agreed on, the story and presentation are amazing, but the gameplay is shit and not fun.

Why are you talking about games you've never played?

>I need to show that japanese games have better gameplay...
>I know, I'll just show examples from a mediocre western game and a good jap game! That'll show them!
4/10 made me reply

???
I just said I did enjoy it

I'd like to thank this thread for making me realize I can just filter the word "western".

Attached: bara of thumbs up.png (707x707, 239K)

Then call me arrogant because I haven't seen anything resembling intelligence yet in this thread.

You THOUGHT you enjoyed it. What you experienced wasn't actual fun, it was something called "Artificial Fun". You were fooled into thinking you had fun when you actually didn't.