MMO's thread

MMO's thread.
GW2, TESO or EvE?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x718, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BfJYzZ-PC9g
strawpoll.me/18085223
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FFXIV

FFXIV as main MMO
GW2 as your secondary

This is the best choice. ESO is just a single-player game with optional co-op content & PvP and EVE requires looking at spreadsheets more than the actual game. Also you'll more than likely be someone's bitch for years before you can do anything meaningful

Tera

Attached: 1557121917945.png (1440x900, 2.71M)

youtube.com/watch?v=BfJYzZ-PC9g

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 200K)

gw2 and eso are dogshit. might as well wait for classic

GW2 if you like themeparking. EVE if you like management more than combat and adventuring. Steer clear of the koreashit. Dunno about FFXIV.

Attached: PEG - Tera.jpg (986x1378, 1.55M)

try actually playing games instead of regurgitating what reddit told you they're like

>actually hyped about anything WoW related in current year

Attached: guido mista.jpg (604x556, 107K)

Ascension is the only good WoW even after classic comes out.

ESO is one of the most popular MMORPG's on the market right now, FFXIV is the most popular but doesn't look appealing too me. Personally I just play a bit of action-MMO's like Burning soulworker.

>that police car mount
if there is one thing i could have deleted from existence

its literally the best iteration of wow, top 3 in anyones list. we know what were getting with classic and even if its a rehash its way better than the new crop of mmos

Eve is worth a try, it is actually fun and full of content. The people who always fall for the meme of "hurr durr spreadsheets in space" aren't playing the game to it's full potential. Eve has all kinds of interesting lore and other things to discover, make a goal for yourself, try new fits, blow some pirates up, whether they're player or npc. There are options, not everybody is a miner or industrialist.

Seconding

I still run into that wolfy nigger sitting in velika, jesus

Attached: 1558970210393.webm (1276x794, 2.89M)

>ESO is just a single-player game with optional co-op content & PvP
but, you just described ffxiv...

imagine unironically playing P2W korean gookshit MMOs

classic is a dead end

It's not really p2w unless you really REALLY want to throw away your cash to access content you won't even be skilled enough to do. The gear grind supplements the skill required to get used to higher end mechanics, a one shot wave aoe that has 0.5s startup is impossible to dodge when just starting, but easy as hell when you've spent 50 hours practicing content just like it

classic is 100% focused on the community, no one gives a shit about raiding, loser

>played wow since 2006
No.
I will fucking throw up if i see wow again.

focused on the community that has long since moved on
face it, online gamers don't know how to form communities anymore
the last remnants of that tried with vanilla servers and even those are nothing like WoW was back in the day
the entire tone of the internet has shifted since then, people have changed and bringing back the old game won't make them come back

im okay with that. itll be good fun for a year. i might be interested in playing tbc and/or wrath again.

ive played ff14, eso, gw2, bdo and theyre all nothing compared to playing on some shitty russian vanilla p server so im fucking hyped for classic
should have quit 10 years ago desu

>100% focused on the community
the streamer community and their fans

>tfw no Julith gf

>Tera
Is it actually good or you people are just memeing?

>streamer
>on PvP realm

Does EU still have those hilariously bad 2-minute MS paint edit PSAs as loading screens? I remember one being a screenshot of a sad Popori with a speech bubble saying "I edited my game files, and now I can't play anymore!" with an male Aman kneeling next to him and saying "Editing game files is against the end user license agreement!".

Attached: aman_f_no-armor.jpg (1920x1200, 304K)

no, like the community in the game

wow vanilla is a very social experience, people meet each other, work together, and it's very easy to feel like part of a team, it's really unique in this age of "instant queue, complete dungeon, leave without a word" MMOs

Attached: kangz honor.webm (452x320, 2.78M)

>wowfagets infest another thread

>ESO and FFXIV are basically copy of BfA and looks like single-player RPG more
>yet still it's WoW Classic problematic in MMO thread

planetside 2

>Should i get A, B or C? I played D and get tired of it.
>LOL JUST PLAY MORE D

The only correcy answer is the sacred trinity: Neverwinter, LOTR and Wushu

This is the dumbest fucking comment i've read in a while.

>lotro
paywall worse than teso

Dofus
Fuck wakfufags

GW2 is fun but when you realize the end game is just collecting cosmetics from the gem store by switching gold to premium currency and grinding more gold it just becomes boring, that's how I feel anyway. PVP is really decent though.

sorry man, I don't think i've ever played another mmo where gear matters so little, everything will oneshot you in hard modes unless you know what you're doing, the p2w element really doesn't exist unless you have the skill to back it up

Classic WoW

EVE is the only MMO worth playing.

Guild Wars(NOT 2), Anarchy Online, or City of Heroes

ive played gw2 on and off since release and its fine

i just wish wvw was more active cause its all i do anymore

GW2 player who completed every shit and just started FFXIV, EvE on-off player here. Listen to this user and this GW2 if you want to cosplay shit and do "fun stuff" that can get old real fucking quick. But collecting costume is fun

FFXIV for fresh usual MMORPG preme shit. Raids and everything. Im still at dungeons and lots of stuff to chew through. But Japanese programming make you want to chew nails when getting into new areas or the dogshit UI (which you will get used to).

EvE if you already have friends and can commit time, set yourself as everyday/everynight player or weekend only. Make sure you can commit what you can if you're NEET or employed. Skills need real-time passive grind, so basically levelling up is timewalled (lets not talk about skill injectors for now). But call to arms is needed if you join a corp.

Out of these three: EvE is probably the only one that isn't going to shut down within the next 4 years.

MMO subscription pay model is archaic and needs to end already, hundreds of MMO's have proven that you don't need to jew your customers like WoW and XIV in order to make a decent profit.
Server costs are not a valid argument

It's also a literal twist of your nuts when you first have to buy a game, then you need pay monthly to play it, and finally, despite having potentially paid hundreds if not thousands of dollars in subscription fees, you'll NEVER have access to your game if you stop paying.
Your account and hours are LITERALLY worthless if you refuse or can't pay subscription.

It's fucking dogshit
t. someone who paid $600 to XIV and stopped because I ended up unemployed and refuse to "waste" money on it any longer

I legit think everyone who paid over $200 should be entitled to a lifetime subscription, specially because most of the subscription is wasted because let's be honest, nobody except nolifes and zoomers wants to play the same game every single day, therefore they are paying for "nothing" when they take breaks from the game.

Attached: 1397589276259.gif (264x240, 2.64M)

poorfags get the rope, kill yourself and make better choices with your money instead of expecting everything to be handed to you on a platter you sad fucking mmo-playing faggot. maybe if you spent half of that time you spent playing an mmo you could not be in such a pathetic situation

>main MMO
>secondary MMO
How the fuck you have so much free time?

>poorfags get the rope
except it's always the poorfags doing the lynching in revolutions, nimrod

not an argument
whining at my whining doesn't make you right

Attached: 1487142675141.png (533x358, 442K)

subscription would be fine if the game was cheap and didnt have a huge ingame shop with exclusive shit but all the big MMOs like to triple dip like jews

lol poorfags

Honestly, it would be much better if you could buy actual game time.

Is ESO even worth it if you don't have friends playing it. really burned out with GW2 atm but they all wanna go back to WoW for some reason. also how much does not having that ESO subscription fuck you over?

>I played D and get tired of it.
Where anyone said this before this post: ???

Nice nostalgia goggles, retard

>"instant queue, complete dungeon, leave without a word"
lol good job outing yourself as never playing anything harder than dungeon finder difficulty

>playing an MMO made after 2006

>but all the big MMOs like to triple dip like jews
exactly my point

I'd be willing to accept this as long as it's value is proper.
Currently, a single day of subscription costs about 50 cents.
Sure, it might not be a lot, but if you skip a week, you're literally throwing tree fiddy down the drain, this happens VERY often for one reason or another.

I'd be willing to accept a system where you pay a maximum of 5-10 cents for an hour.
If a big game has a million players online, that means they'd "earn" approximately $50 000 - $100 000 per HOUR, which is practically free money considering all they pay for is maintenance.
No one can argue that this system would be """unfair""" towards the the devs

The Guild Wars 2 model of paying for entry was good. The free to play with mtx model also works. The recurring subscription model that RuneScape has is not a very good model, but there's at least a little bit of content if you cancel. WoW doing all 3 was Jewish as shit.

monthly sub is the only payment model which ensures quality.

ESO Main
FFXIV Secondary

I slowly progress shit, but I never get burned out.

bullshit
the only thing that ensures quality is competent devs.

Take a look at modern wow, it's absolute fucking garbage and they're still billing their customers for
>game
>expansions
>subcription
>ingame store

Imagine being such a shit eater company dicksucker that you think they need this much profit to run a succesful MMO

Your community is discord now.

ESO has great story all around and (sadly) is a lot more fun leveling solo then in a group because it becomes pitifully easy in overland. Combat and atmosphere is great.

Eso+ gives you crafting bag. Bag management in eso is cancer, but with the right addons (Dustman!) you´ll be fine. You´ll need that one though if you want to stay f2p.

There is tons of content für f2p, So no worries about that. its pretty insane actually.

% focused on the community
>the streamer community and their fans
this
strawpoll.me/18085223
strawpoll.me/18085223
strawpoll.me/18085223

you may not like current game design of wow but its literally the most well mmo on the market with constant updates and frequent content. Second only ff14. Not a single mmo come even close to wow or ff14 in terms of quality and the amount of content and there is a reason for that.