Huh. That's cool, I guess. Do you fellas think it'll be alright?

>larian.com/

Huh. That's cool, I guess. Do you fellas think it'll be alright?

Attached: 3.png (427x478, 323K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/baldurs-gate-iii-teased-by-larian/
strawpoll.me/18085062
youtube.com/watch?v=uKwi_5nePZg
warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278
twitter.com/SlyFlourish/status/1120795551371538434
dmsguild.com/product/269398/Heroes-of-Baldurs-Gate-5e
youtube.com/watch?v=JRIw7VUCmpk
baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Stronghold
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I enjoyed the first act of 2 a lot , the rest of the game was so boring I ended up dropping it
Hopefully this time the game is more than just the intro

*yawn*

How many Divinity games are they going to shit out. Talk about being a one trick pony.

I want co-op and turn based, otherwise just go full Baldur's Gate with the story, setting, dialog, and character building. OS's character building is mediocre compared to the older CRPGs or even Pathfinder Kingmaker

We already know it's Baldur's Gate 3, the website has the fucking line "baldursgate3" multiple times in the files.

Why not just make a completely new Forgotten Realms game, BG's story is complete.

This is some terrible nostalgia baiting.

It's BG3, you dumb niggers.

Didn't they previously say that they weren't the ones making it when news of BG3 was first announced? Seem to remeber them saying that is wasn't them.

Its Baldur's Gate 3. The logo contained meta data revealing it. They've replaced it since, so you have to take it on faith, but there are plenty of independent verifications online on various websites demonstrating it.

Attached: bg3.jpg (1496x394, 464K)

Well since it is not done by NeoBioware, there is a hope.

Back when they said that, Beamdog was making a Baldur's Gate 3 in their version of the old engine. It would've been a retro game.
It was since cancelled (Beamdog still suffering from the wasted effort), and given to Larian by Wizards of the Coast.

Obsidian were also asking for it, but were denied it.

Attached: file changes.png (1464x538, 86K)

I don't see the point in a new one either
The Bhaalspawn's story is done
There's no where to go but things beyond god. It would be creating a dragon ball power scaling type of thing

I want the golden days of NWN online RP communities back. Before "ERP" was a thing, and you had cozy communities of D&D-minded folks winding away the evenings on details, custom persistent modules like miniature MMO's.

BG3 makes a ton of sense, but man would I prefer BG Dark Alliance 3.

oh did they replace it already? they dun goofed

Attached: C5E5fH6AqU.png (1920x1011, 135K)

Sven shitting on everyone

>Before "ERP" was a thing
ERP has been a thing since before you were born.

>golden days of NWN
The campaign editor and DM tools for Divinity Original Sin 2 showed us there's no interest for it. No adoption. The energy that in the past went towards making and maintaining NWN modules now goes into making indie games using Unity engine. Pathfinder Kingmaker is made by the kind of people who, if they were born 20 years earlier, would be making mods and not full games, for example.
Indies are the new mods, when it comes to large scale projects, at least. Oh well, we can still enjoy our current mods like "increases inventory by 5" or "added vendor at start of game that sells best weapon". Fun!

Attached: swen.jpg (498x668, 51K)

If it is baldur's gate 3 I hope I can import my character
I did the entire saga as just a regular berserker
Was fun, would recommend. I loved me the ravager halberd

Sorcerer is some good shit.
That also makes me think - mages will probably finally get balanced in this game. I hope to god they fucking buff clerics. They need it.

I hope you can't import your character, because I want it to be a new, self contained story.
Like with all past Larian games, referencing events in earlier stories perhaps, but not relying on them.

Attached: 1.jpg (800x1036, 187K)

might be cool but only if it's not turn based
I can't stand that shit, real time with pause is so much more enjoyable

What's it gonna be about anyhow? Are you going to start slaying other gods now that you've gained all the power? Or will it just dump you in some scenario where you lost everything for some reason and now have to get it back?
I don't see why they would continue that since it was a pretty definitive end for Gorions ward, though I wouldn't mind getting to see some more milf Jaheira
Larian hasn't let me down so far though so I'm decidedly hopeful, maybe we'll get some info at E3

Attached: 14124123123.png (631x181, 27K)

That could be good too
tfw would just pick the same class and same name

>D&D clerics need buff
wut

Also, it will be the latest edition of D&D for sure, its a Wizards licensed game, and the license is new. They will absolutely NOT allow an old ruleset to be used for such a flagship title.

Attached: 2.jpg (3500x3500, 646K)

>There's no interest
I'd argue it's moreso that the overall insane popularity of gaming has ever-increasingly made it so that "Demand" is defined as MASSIVE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND FOUR MILLION SALES IN A MONTH.
There's plenty of demand and market-share for a title like NWN with the persistent, community-driven scene. There's just not a 500,000,000% return margin and overwhelmingly broad-scope appeal.

>might be cool but only if it's not turn based
>I can't stand that shit, real time with pause is so much more enjoyable
Tabletop D&D is turn based. I wish video adaptations were also turn based. Its what the system was designed for.

>What's it gonna be about anyhow?
It hasn't even been announced yet, we just found out from some meta data left in the Adobe Photoshop file for the logo. Wait for at least the announcement.

Attached: 3.jpg (1210x1586, 113K)

I did not say d&d clerics I am specifically talking about baldur's gate clerics. In actual d&d (and most other games) they're great.

>I'd argue it's moreso that the overall insane popularity of gaming has ever-increasingly made it so that "Demand" is defined as MASSIVE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND FOUR MILLION SALES IN A MONTH.

Divinity Original Sin 2 has the campaign editor, and the DM tools, and nobody is using them. There is no demand for such tools. They aren't being used. The people with the ability to use them are using Unity or Unreal Engine instead, to make their standalone indie games.
Making your game is so easy, that the most talented creators just do that instead of mod existing titles, and it is very hard to bring modders over. Also look at DOTA2, which has the kind of modding tools you can build everything from FIFA to World of Warcraft in, and they remain unused.

Attached: 4.jpg (1262x1670, 160K)

BG clerics are already better than fighters
>Divine Power
>Draw Upon Holy Might
>Righteous Magic
Congrats, you now have 25 STR and deal maximum damage per hit

Baldur's Gate Clerics aren't underpowered. You just need to constantly buff, like in all of D&D. Don't fall into the MMO trap of tank-healer, etc.

Attached: 5.jpg (1214x1612, 155K)

I feel like cleric's aren't meant to be played as a pure class, 7fighter dualed to cleric or fighter/cleric multi are amazing in melee and can take care of all your cleric spells.
Draw upon divine might can get you 19str in bg1 wich is amazing and only gets better with levels

Tabletop DND is also boring as fuck if you don't have some great people to play it with you and a good scenario to boot
I'll take whatever combat system they implement if it's done well enough, I'd gladly suffer through turn based combat if I get to have fun exploring ruins and dungeons, slay fat and impotent dragons and get awesome loot
Judging from D:OS 2 they have a lot of work to do to make loot actually interesting because most of it was just a stat and visual upgrade without any cool effects

But pure Clerics are a powerhouse. Much better than pure Fighter, for example, which is essentially a base class you add on to.

Attached: sword coast.jpg (1620x2096, 1021K)

depends
do you like turn based gameplay in a time where it's standard to have much more dynamic and entertaining gameplay?
do you like outdated pen&paper rulesets that don't make use of the capabilities of modern engines?
do you like reading walls of text in a time where every game is fully voiced?

if your answer to those is yes, I don't see what could go wrong, since those games are basically just a front for their storywriters to transport their latest creations

As long as they hire better writers it's gonna be great.

Fuck. You.

>Dota2
Suffers from the same thing Sc2 did; a terrible framework. Older games with server browsers and less intrusive, more open-ended server browsers/community support features are a huge component of this being viable, don't you think? Look at SC1, WC3's custom map communities, or NWN's persistent modules and NWVault, etc; compare that to what Sc2 and Dota2 are; curated, governed environs with watered down quick-match capability and totally non-robust streamlined micro-transactional models.

You can't have a community within Dota2 to keep your 'map' alive, nor can you effectively browse open lobbies or servers; these are tacked on, to the principle of "What's trending" and "Cool new maps" and "Highly reviewed".

These trends, along with rocketing popularity, is all leading towards total monetization and breakdown of actual communities.

Consider that games like Overwatch auto-match everyone in quick-matches no matter what; you can't join your favorite community server where you know everyone who frequents the place, and make friends, connections and enjoy the pace of the game. No. It's all curated by the developer.

I'm not saying these are all one-part arguments, but rather, these prevailing design aspects and philosophies have systemically destroyed the 'older' and 'better' of self-created/managed gaming atmospheres and communities like what we saw with SC, WC3, Diablo 2, NWN, TFC/CS1.6, the list goes on.

Divine Divinity 3 we're going home bros

I hope it uses 5th edition ruleset.

>real time versus turn based
I prefer turn based combat, and I find it more fun.
Real time is for faster clearing of trash encounters that pose no challenge, because turn based drags them on. But with a good game design and scaling, there are no trash encounters. They shouldn't exist anyways, and are a side effect of bad design. In that sense, real time is just a crutch to do damage control.
/opinions

>interesting loot that isn't just visual and stats change
I don't want Diablo loot that has a chance to proc a chance to cast a spell that has a chance to chance random targets chosen randomly chance proc chance.
Just a visual and stats change is fine, and in DOS2 they put spells on gear too, so you could get gloves that give you the Teleportation spell early on, and I'd throw these gloves between party members to make use of them, kept them for the whole game in my inventory. This is good loot.

Attached: gather your party.jpg (1375x1375, 552K)

As a follow-on; i forgot to address Divinity OS 2.
I can't speak to Divinity OS2 because i enjoyed the campaign but wasn't even aware it had tools or a community of people using it that way, nor have i observed its framework and support capabilities and design philosophy surrounding that part of the game.

Divinity (And Larian in general) is a wonderful studio, but also wildly niche and out of touch on the advertising front in a bad way. If you're gauging the viability of such a product by Larian's implementation as a single, fixed metric, you're in for sad times on any front.

Also if you haven't, you should play their Divinity 2: Ego Draconis third (first?) person action RPG, it's pretty wobbly and janky but man does it have some heart. Great game, that. Divinity OS 1+ 2 caught quite the success and really brought them to daylight but their older stuff isn't bad.

Except dragon commander. Don't do it.

>Much better than pure Fighter
Lol no, they lack whirlwind/critical strike, lag behind in THAC0 (though I think they have a spell to catch up with pure fighters, not sure) and don't get any aditional attacks per round. Even buffed they can't compete with a proper 2h or dual wielding fighter damage wise.

Clerics are better bruisers than fighters in 3.5 not in AD&D

I like these types of games but i feel ya
I'm starting to feel rpg fatigue
pillars 1
tyranny
divinity 1+2
pillars 2
now kingsmaker
soon wasteland 3

its just starting to become too much at this point and its going to crash. Hardcore rpgs just take too much investment for their to be this many competitors in it right now

Obviously in the olden days you could steal assets, because all of the modding communities were hosted on third party websites. Valve and Blizzard won't host your DC comics "inspired" models, because they don't want to get sued.
But you can download mods for games on third party websites, not just the Steam Workshop, and they are obviously 1. Less in volume. 2. Lower on quality. 3. Smaller in scope.

TES Skyrim and Mount&Blade Warband are the two games that still manage big projects, and thats because of their old player base, they are games that predate the Unity Engine revolution for indies.

Attached: shortie1.jpg (1920x2484, 911K)

>Beamdog vultured Inbred Engine games and shat some progressive current year politics up into them
>Hasbro sees Beamdog is bad
>they actually contacted Larian to get them to make BG3
This is a weird timeline. I thought developers stopped fucking with D&D bcause wizards of the coast expected to be paid too much for licensing fees and they just made their own knockoff D&D settings/systems instead of pay a fee for a name that lets face it only grognards give a shit about the zoom-zooms don't even know what D&D and the grogs are a problematic and toxic misogynist audience the modern day SJW developers don't even want.

Thank God it's not made by Bioware

>muh AD&D
Baldur's Gate is an absolute mockery of table rules you fukken mong
There is no such thing as HLAs in AD&D, so no death blow/greater whirlwind shit ToB introduced which was trying to emulate 3rd edition feats more than anything else
Barbarian, Monk and Sorcerer were also 3rd edition classes and were never AD&D classes
Don't fuck up and be a dipshit thinking Baldur's Gate applies to tabletop when clerics shit all over fighters at A N Y level except 1-2

When you think about it, even if Deadfire is a success, there probably is no chance they'd be given BG3 by WotC.
Larian got it not just on account of the success of DOS2, but also for graphics.

They marketed the editor and DM tools well. They hired a professional voice actor and a bunch of D&D community lads to hold a custom campaign session live on video, with the voice actor being DM, and hamming it up. They commissioned Wizards of the Coast to write a custom module for them. They had streams showing it off. They had news articles stickied on Steam, in the feed that shows up bellow your game when you select it from the list. They had a top 10 mods thing they showcased. They donated to the Nexus third party mods host.

They pushed it, it just didn't see adoption. If Neverwinter Nights re-released, with everything it had, except EVEN BETTER, it wouldn't revive the modding scene. The authors are missing, not the tools. They are all using Unity and Unreal Engine to build now.

Attached: shortie2.jpg (1920x2492, 1.04M)

>pillars 1
Yeah, I'm sure feeling the RPG fatigue because of this game that released more than 4 years ago.

This is the reason why people say baldur's gate isn't a d&d game and don't really treat it in the same quality when talking about classes

Wait, isn't Forgotten Realms officially finished? Like, no more books, no more stories, nothing.

Beamdog cancelled their version before the official release of DOS2, so perhaps Wizards gave it to Larian based on something other than the money DOS2 made. I think, like you said, they just loved the shiny engine. All the new art I've been posting looks more like Divinity than it does Beamdog's efforts, or Obsidian's engine. Thats the new look Wizards want.

>With the release of Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition, Wizards of the Coast announced that the Forgotten Realms would continue to serve as the official campaign setting for its upcoming published adventure materials.

its a link user
every year since pillars 1 1-2 massive rpgs i sink 100's hours into come out
its just getting to be too much
we need a year break at least
im actually postive that all these games is part of the reason deadfire bombed as hard as it did

I want that simply because it's more than 15 years since I touched a BG game. I can barely remember its story beats.

wccftech.com/baldurs-gate-iii-teased-by-larian/

>I’ve received a reply from Larian following my reaching out to them. An amusingly coy reply that I had a chickle with and appreciate. While they aren’t stating that Baldur’s Gate is in development, they aren’t denying it either.
>I asked two questions, which were as follows;
>>>>Do Larian own the rights to the Baldur’s Gate IP?
>>>>Is Baldur’s Gate III currently in development at Larian?
>This was the reply I received.
>>>>We have nothing more to share right now.
>>>>Enjoy the ride

Legitimately fuck off. Turn based is the greatest.

whether it's divinity 3 or baldur's gate 3 it's a win-win for me and my interest is peaked. Why they would continue baldur's gate is beyond me but okay

Except for Minsc and maybe Edwin I don't recognize those

*bops ur nose*
*gratuitous description of dick sucking from female pov*

I think it is Xan, Minsc, Jaheira, Kagain, Viconia and Edwin

*bops your sales*
*cucks you into adding turn based to your game*

Attached: edwin hrt.jpg (210x330, 17K)

I want meaningful loot with cool unique passive effects, or active for that matter, stuff like burning a percentage of your life per second as damage around you, gear that makes one of your pets way stronger and bigger but limits the amount of summons you can do or whatever
I'd look toward Path of Exile for good and interesting loot, there are always some build enabling items each league that make me interested in trying to build around them, stuff like the helmet that turns the damage multiplier you get from strength on for your minions as well is a game changer
Obviously it's built around the gem system in PoE so it's hard to find good examples that don't specifically work in way designed for that game but yea

I also thought that the Trespasser DLC for DA:I had some cool loot, it brought back set effects which I really like

oh shit i just realized this is actually going to be BG3
what a disaster

that despondent fagit Xan who was hilarious because he was such a bitch and defeatist despite being chosen by a goddamn Moonblade
Minsc
Jaheriamommy
Based Korgan Bloodaxe, AYYYYY YOU WANNA SEE THE OTHER STOUT THING I GOT SWINGIN BETWEEN MAH LEGS
is that like Viconia? She was the only drow and obviously a cleric since she's wearing clunky-ass plate armor
Edwin except he's not a tavern wench this sucks

Its just not D&D though.
I don't know if they will be more faithful, or make it more of a video game and stray away from the tabletop system, however the effects and set bonuses you are talking about are a video game thing, not a tabletop D&D thing. And when people see a Wizards of the Coast licensed title, they expect the tabletop rules. Wizard's lawyers also expect that.

Attached: cool but not D&D.jpg (1920x2716, 1.51M)

Why Kagain? He didn't have much personality or relevance to the plot. And doesn't Viconia wear robes in her portrait? Also her str is too low to wear heavy armor IIRC but maybe I remember wrong. What is that animal Edwin has with him?
I guess I can see Xan and Jaheira though I remember them different, but still this art feels weird to me

strawpoll.me/18085062
strawpoll.me/18085062
strawpoll.me/18085062

Attached: Symbol-of-Bhaal.jpg (1377x1377, 1.15M)

because is art
bro

my wife.

Tyranny being an unfinished disappointing mess certainly played a part in Deadfire bombing.
You've had an 8 month break since Kingmaker, everything since then has been smaller indie offerings like Atom RPG. Is there even anything major slated until the end of the year CRPG-wise? Wasteland 3 will probably get pushed to 2020 given inXile's track record, AoD guy's scifi RPG seems to still be far off. I think you're getting the break you asked for.

Its official Wizards of the Coast art.

Attached: oh hi anon, would you like to join me.jpg (1920x2484, 731K)

I think it should be a literal who path
or at the very least the continuation of the bhaalspawn
I like to play these games as my own character so I wouldn't want to play as primarily minsc or someone else - unless it was a sidestory thing

Low level adventures > divine planet sized godslaying epic fuckery.

Attached: throws lightning at you; heh nothing personnel adventurer.jpg (1920x1449, 509K)

This. I have 700 hours in bg1 but only around 80 in bg2

I was really excited for the DM tools, but when I finally launched it, I thought it was very limited. Granted, I never used the NWN tools.

I hope they make it dark and edgy and not lightharted like the OS games.

literally whos
if it's good, you can continue with them forward
if it's shit, it doesn't taint the ward and his story as badly

>Sidescrolling beat 'em up fighting the entire Forgotten Realms pantheon as Tiax
For what purpose was this included?

They should just start with a bunch of literally whos because zoomers won't have played the originals and won't have a clue about the story.

I certainly hope they make a fun video game first and foremost, if that means making concessions in terms of staying true to DND then so be it

That's lucky, considering how shit the beamdog original content was I think this is the best we can hope for for a follow up to bg2.

>i hope they make the sequel to a game where a space hamster mind controls a bodybuilder to be a superhero darker and serious

I hope they make it goofy as fuck.

Attached: c53ae548164114d2e755f004ee786f91_XL[1].jpg (900x510, 383K)

Ah yes, because the third entry in a series is the best place to start
Dumbass

What limits were there that prevented your creativity from expressing into a good custom campaign?

Attached: pianos.jpg (1919x1077, 589K)

Do you really think zoomers wil start with the originals when 3 comes out?

zoomer?

I don't think zoomers will be playing these games in the first place

>not following elminster as his protegé trying to solve the issues of gods and men both and talking cryptically to random adveturers along the road

>where a space hamster mind controls a bodybuilder
It is set in a fantasy world faggot, they can still make it dark and edgy.

Do you really think zoomers are the target audience for a legendary game series that only neckbeards were devoted to?

>being made on 3-5 edition

Attached: 15204384882290.png (900x672, 523K)

have sex

I don't remember being able to edit geography, the options to edit abilities being rather limited, the NPC editing being basically nonexistent.

Not there wasn't a lot you could do with it, but some walls I ran into when making a test game to run with some friends frustrated me and I ended up giving up.

No, but if they want it to sell they will have to make it apealing to zoomers.

Zoomers like the OS games and Larian.

They need to sell it to normies and ride this wave of sorta popularity DnD is getting.

You could change terrain elevation, add water, etc, that counts as geography.
I don't think it was more limited than the NWN engine, I've played around with both.

Attached: dark and edgy.jpg (1920x1080, 486K)

H O T H E R E
O
T
H
E
R
E

whats the point? we will never get a female character as good as viconia
baldurs gate 3 should never be made it just cant hold up to the originals.

Let the series rest easy knowing its one of the few that ended on a good note.

...and so the Redditization of Baldur's Gate continutes

Attached: ss_cbbf7b47fe5006ddf4ce451d732eda5c0af96844.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 418K)

Why is Larian so awesome, bros?

Attached: giftbag.jpg (622x717, 90K)

Should've just made Divinity 3 or D:OS3 instead.
BG3 would end up as turn based garbage with reddit humor in Larian's hands.

OS 2 isn't lighthearted, it takes itself much more seriously than the prevous Divinity games

Based Sven

>ended on a good note
>when ToB was a hot pile of garbage with a forgettable plot and an even more forgettable twist/villain
They couldn't do worse than ToB if they tried

Divinity 2 crowd is one of the biggest bunch of casual RPG players I've ever seen. Most of them didn't even play Original Sin, let alone Divine Divinity. Baldurs gate 3, lol these kids aren't going too want to play baldurs gate it's the combination of 2 different demographics. Older serious RPG gamers (BG), and Divinity 2 players (zoomers).

>it takes itself much more seriously
It does but it is still pretty lightharted compared to the typical D&D game.

and for the record, I have played EVERY one of Larians Divinity franchise games, including Eco Dragonis so too see the immense popularity of Divinity 2 and knowing most of you didn't even invest time or money into the series before it's "big hit" is aggravating.

>baldurs gate 3 should never be made it just cant hold up to the originals.
Imagine being such a rose tinted glasses cynical jaded bitter nostalgiafag lmao
Bonus points if you manage this level of mental rot while being under the age of 25.

Attached: literally taken from reddit, literally.png (680x651, 104K)

>adding free content and virtue signalling about it
Cringe

they already did with D:OS2
contrarians
jokes on you i AM 25

Larian cant make a real baldurs gate game it will filled with their retarded "jokes" and over the top cartoony style
it would be like asking bioware to make a loot shooter.
OH WAIT.

>make a contrarian hipster post
>so aware of it, you preemptively call others contrarians

heh.

I'm not a big fan of the original sin games myself, I much prefer Larians older work with Divine Divinity, but still they were good games with tons of solid content, enjoyable if not a bit too easy combat and a great musical score
I can say none of these things for ToB because the encounters were shit and it was short and predictable, epic level DND is not fun if you're still just hacking at trees and oversized goblins

Are Larian even the same devs now who made Divine Divinity? D:OS1 and 2 feel very different from it in terms of mood.

OS2 also didnt have peresistant worlds, the DM mode was limited to 4 people, so its not a server you could leave running, i think thats why it failed.

You need to have a single DM and a dedicated party, that means all of them always there, and 5 people.
I DM for a group of that size IRL and holy shit im glad if all of them can make it once a month

Has anyone gone back to play baldurs gate 1 or 2? Honestly gone back to play it? The engines aged as well as unpasteurized milk. People can say you should play it for the story but, in all honesty was the story that great?! Its the equivalent of a decently written DnD book, and you have to suffer that horrendous drag-n-click gameplay. Furthermore, the people writing this won't be the same people who wrote the first games and you damn well know you're going to see some transgendered black lolth worshipping elf demanding reperation and a drow leader saying "we'll make Menzoberenzen great again!" Do you honestly want that?

If this was, like a remake of bg 1&2, or a remake of planescape torment or arcanum then I'd be excited. As of right now, I really dont give a shit.

At this point, I don't think I'm selling any of my friends on it anyway, alas.

>OS2 also didnt have peresistant worlds, the DM mode was limited to 4 people, so its not a server you could leave running, i think thats why it failed.
99% of NWN modules were for 1 person, offline. They'd fall apart if you just included a second player, the dialogue and encounters would never address them.

>Has anyone gone back to play baldurs gate 1 or 2?
Yes 2 years ago and it was still as good as I remember. It was EE tho.

viconia > jaheira > confirmed bachelor > aerie

this is empirically true btw

Attached: 1506370900698.jpg (535x535, 58K)

I'd much rather it was D:OS3

>you damn well know you're going to see some transgendered black lolth worshipping elf demanding reperation and a drow leader saying "we'll make Menzoberenzen great again!"
But this is Larian, not Beamdog

>ToB was bad
>D:OS2 is good
holy shit and you call someone else a hipster the absolute state of this reddit infested board, the irony.

The armor system raping the fun out of the combat and poor writing fucked everything up.

Yeah, it would be tragic if this was made Larian style whimsical. The writing is truly at risk.

"My hotel is as clean as an elven arse."

"Go for the eyes Boo!"

i liked divine divnity, didnt like any of the other ones i never even finished D:OS 1, D:OS2 i could stand enough to finish but i will probably never finish another playthrough

My biggest concerns are the shit "lmao XD" writing that Larian will probably deliver on again and then changing it to turn based instead of keeping RTwP. If it's turn I'm out.

Wizards are in panic mode as people lost faith in DD4 and 5. Now they go all BG pandering - they even hired BG scenariowriter or producer to create BG-pandering adventure.

Your opinions are poop.

Slowpoke here, can anyone fill me in how Larian can have the rights to create this game? Isn't the BG IP with Beamdog? Why people believe it's BG3?

>larian shit writing

idont want it

This, and I hope they won't add a shitty narrator

have you ever played dnd?
most of it is group injokes becoming in universe plot points.
Or you mean the games? in which case which one? baldurs gate is full of silly stuff, icewind dale bareely even has a plot, who the fuck even remembers pool of radience.
planescape had a talking skull.

Yes Divinity also features talking a living skeleton out of existance by convincing him his existance makes no sense.
but it also has shoveling mass graves after a city got raped by a civil war, mind raping magic joos and exorcising a child in a midst of corpses

thats because larian is a european developer, and many european fantasy authors, especialy those of the western european persuasion, follow the literary tradition of the Grotesque, see Warhammer, anything rackham made, see Blackmoor Chronicles or that one vampire comic by Oliver Ledroit.
THe disgusting and the sexual are mixed, the heroic and the idiotic, the humorous and the tragic.
Its a style of its own

Wizards own it pretty sure
Wizards are licensing it to Larian
There were references to Wizards and Baldur's Gate (e.g. blatant trademarks of both) in the webpage html

definitely random party. CHARNAME's plot has finished, also low level D&D is the most comfy and fun

You're wrong because there are more crpgs than that and the genre continues to live.

>jaheira
>better than aerie
Just how cuck someone has to be to choose sloppy seconds of stuttering faggot instead of pure maiden?

Attached: 1548599905241.png (368x425, 182K)

time to get excited then, thanks

have sex, incel freak

They're both utter trash.
Viconia is the thinking mans waifu.

Bend over faggot

Yeah, I fucking love consuming the inferior copies of masterwork products of the past! Why hasn't GRRM made a continuation of Hamlet yet?! I mean, the story is finished and most of the characters are dead, and it kinda was a long time ago, but wouldn't that be SIMPLY EPIC??? With cheese and bananas, lol!!!

this but unironically

Ego Draconis IS divinity 2 for one thing.
Also, i started with Beyond Divinity, i even fucking played Dragon commander even tho it was janky.
I also played old infinity engine games adn ToEE.

I still think OS2 is the best of the bunch. I played infinity engine games at later points in my life because i didnt like RPGs when i was younger, i only realy started getting into RPGs with Morrowind.
So for me, Infinity engine games hold no nostalgia value whatsoever.
For you they do, thats why you treat them as some kind of gold standard for RPGs.
For what its worth, they have terrible combat, are bad adaptations of DnD (ToEE is much better), and are mostly held up because of what they represent in peoples lives.
You are entitled to your opinion, but dont shit on anyone else for liking good games.

i was refering to the DM mode which made me think of peresistant servers.
Yeah modules are dead.
Unless its skyrim and even then theres less mods for that than there is for oblivion.

Love how everyone is acting like BG had some amazing writing, pic very much related

Attached: Jan_Jansen_NJAN_Portrait_BG2.png (210x330, 127K)

jan jansen is based basedan

Worst part is this faggot is the only character who can still level up as a thief
Coran should have been a companion

based turnip salesman

>armor system
Why does this keep getting repeated?
Theres literaly a feat calld "Torturer" that lets a lot of CC through armor , for example rupture tendons.

The reason armor exists is because in OS1 it was too easy to alpha strike the enemy to death. Ive played both games on the difficult mode (not the only one save mode tho i admit) and realy i dont see the issue.
I understand people used to other RPGs prefer 1 because they are more used to random chance than what essentialy is a CC meter, but i think its fine.

Still better than Larian's >dude cheese and lizzies love sex with skellies lmao writing.

Beamdog is guilty

youtube.com/watch?v=uKwi_5nePZg

>we tested the armor system with randoms, they said its great, intuitive, without being explained they got it and liked it
>we gave it to the kickstarter backers, they hated it, wrote essays about why its shit
>but we stubbornly defended it, thought people will like it, and i regret it

t. the lead designer for Divinity Original Sin 2.

Baldur's Gate 3 was taken away from Beamdog, stop trashing them when they've been punished. The whole goal of the punishment is to absolve the criminal of guilt. They did their time, so to speak, by losing this opportunity.

Beamdog did nothing wrong tho. The fag(s) who fucked up SoDS got fired already.

beamdog is a literal who cuckold fixing up someone elses video game for pennies
larian is reddit approved so WOTC see $$ signs and gave it to them

[SoD not only ruined BG for me but IWD as well. What the fuck were they thinking/spoiler]

*cough* *cough*
Beamdog is a guilty of a number of different crimes. Here are the major ones.

1. The Enhanced Editions are essentially a collection of free mods that had existed for nearly twenty years. Beamdog gathered them all up, slapped "Enhanced Edition" on it and resold it as a new product. There's very very little in the Enhanced Editions that wasn't already out there, and most of it is stuff you don't want (like obnoxious character outlines).

2. The games didn't sell so well and the originals were still far outselling them, even twenty years after their release, so Beamdog had EVERY digital distributor stop selling the originals and ONLY sell the Enhanced Edition. If you want to buy a digital copy of the originals now, they're "bundled" into the Enhanced Edition. Now these scumbags can claim sales from people just wanting to buy the originals as their own.

3. The infamous 600+ bugs on launch. The game is still riddled with bugs (as even a perfunctory glance over their forums show) but the fact that it took nearly two years for them to get a game that had been working fine for 20 years to reach playability after launch is telling of their wild incompetence.

4. This is where we get to the ones that really piss people off. Beamdog couldn't just remaster the game, they had to fuck with the content too. New dialogue for existing NPCs like Jaheira, Viconia, Safana, Kivan, et cetera was written in to make the characters more progressive and leftist friendly. Beamdog shills will argue that "adding content isn't changing content XDDD" but it is when the new content changes the core personalities of the existing characters. This is in addition to adding a slew of their own LGBT (hitherto there were none in Baldur's Gate) NPCs, all flooded with OP attributes and magic items to encourage people to play them despite their cancer.

5. Siege of motherfucking Dragonspear.

6. warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278

Attached: Beamniggers.png (661x245, 39K)

They made the original Infinity engine games disappear from online stores. They are selling the soundtracks separately. And also the premium NWN modules.

Literally and unironically should have been Owlcat.

Kingmaker is the best successor to BG2, since BG2 and a far better cRPG than either OS 1 or 2.

Attached: 1496298426086.jpg (1000x891, 104K)

>Owlcat
But they're still fixing Kingmaker

Is Kingmaker actually good or is it """""good""""" like PoE?

Where does that come from? It's terrible.

Costco David Bowie
Geralt with hamster
Sarah Kerrigan
Who?
No
W2 expy.

shit devs
shit game idea
modern cRPGs are shit
tell me when they find the source code to IWDII then there will be a thread worth participating in

Nah, if Larian gets everything right, we'll get a proper turn-based DnD CRPG after a very long time (since ToEE). While also getting more APs from Paizo's Pathfinder. It's a win-win really if stars allign.

>Where does that come from? It's terrible.
Wizards of the Coast. It predates Larian's involvement, but its the look they want for the game, based on their artbooks.

Soulless

Dual wield or two handed?

One handed with shield

Now that's a big dependence on class
dual wield is the power choice though
This is what I usually do in bg1

Here's a challenge: do a google image search for Minsc and see if you can find a worse portrayal of him than the one in that picture. You can't. They literally told the artist to just fuck up his shit.

>splint mail has a -2 AC bonus against crushing attacks
>combined with girdle of bluntness and potion of absorption flesh golems won't hit you unless they crit
shit I'm still learning/realizing stuff about IE games

Beambros, I don't feel too good.

Attached: nononono.jpg (941x182, 26K)

The writing will be progressive garbage zzzzzz

Not sure if I trust Larian with the Baldur's Gate IP.

I love Larian, but their strength has never been writing and characterization, which is what you need for a proper Baldur's Gate game. I have no doubt that they'll be able to deliver gameplay-wise, since they've already made several games with way better gameplay than Baldur's Gate, but I just don't think they're capable of the kind of writing that a BG game requires.

Attached: surprised hobbit.png (217x277, 73K)

It's legitimately the best cRPG since BG2 in my mind, and was absolutely my GOTY.

It was a little shonky on release, but most of the major bugs were fixed quickly and it's completely fine now. I've beaten it twice, once for a normal ending and the second time for the secret true ending (that it has one shows just how much care was put into the game).

There's a free Enhanced Edition coming out soon that'll be even better if you're considering it.

For comparison: I can't stand PoE, was bored by the half-way point and completed it as a slog. I didn't give 2 a chance, but apparently it's better, no clue.

Attached: 1547074224065.jpg (1023x1293, 316K)

SEETHING

>look mom I posted it again

i still have nightmares translating his lines

I never finshed the first one either, I had played it with my brother up to the ice region but we stopped there and never found the time again
The second one was a lot better at holding my attention though and I did 3 seperate playthroughs to the final act, though I finished only 1
Divine Divinity is definitely my favorite Larian game though, it has this gritty and dark atmosphere, great timeless visuals, fantastic OST and it's pretty fun to play to boot
I really need to get around to trying Beyond Divinity

>Beamdog was making a Baldur's Gate 3 in their version of the old engine
source for this?

>I really need to get around to trying Beyond Divinity
It's far from being as good as DD, you should just play Arcanum instead.

Refer to point 6 please

No matter what, at least larian will make it have an actual fun combat system. Even better mod tools would be nice, too.

Attached: 1559256089664.png (675x827, 34K)

W-we were not the r-right people, bros...

Attached: 3-2016.jpg (678x1082, 240K)

D&D is shit and ruined CRPGs

Ebin m8 simbly ebin

keep it up beamfaggot

Its gonna be turn-based, will it not?

Don't worry Amber, I'm sure you will have another chance to infect a beloved franchise.

Attached: 1551855675100.jpg (876x389, 81K)

>I'm starting to feel rpg fatigue

Weak zoomer

I hope it's Divinity the action RPG , Divinity II was whack. So comfy and enjoyable.

Where I can get all the art from this book?

>overdesigned "epic" dragon age styled armors

Why do fantasy designers keep doing this?
The forgotten realms, at least at the time of the BG saga, were never about this shit.

Attached: 1550171915171.png (597x497, 518K)

>heh, if women don't like it then go make your own games!
ok
>what? n-n-no! stop making games that are designed for inclusivity! nooo!

Cringing @ you.

Huh, maybe putting a raging SJW that is more concerned about politics than writing a good game faithful to the source material in charge of the project that was meant to convince both WotC/Hasbro and fans that you know what you are doing, wasn't the most sound idea? They story might've been different if SoD was actually good.

Artist: twitter.com/SlyFlourish/status/1120795551371538434
Book: dmsguild.com/product/269398/Heroes-of-Baldurs-Gate-5e

Larian relly isnt the best example when it comes to telling stories, true, but Bioware was? Eh... BG never stood out by the dialogues/story, in fact I would say that it's by far the weakest point of the series. As far as I can understand, most people liked BG because of the mage battles, and D&D, or am I wrong? And it looked really nice, too.

What we'll probably have is a new D&D game, maybe a turn-based one (incline), with native mod support. I can't see many opportunities for Larian fuck this up since they're basically going to use D&D as the basis for the game, so they won't be able to create something controversial (and shitty) like the DOS2 armor system.

Attached: worst character ever in bg2.png (210x330, 120K)

>infecting and changing existing characters counts a "making your own games".
Good luck next time.

Then make your own game from start to finish instead of piggybacking off of beloved franchise.

making their own games != ruining classics

I would have liked to see Larian's next game be something other than fantasy.

Mage battles are good with scs. Without it, it's just dispel/breach and ohk them and people still liked the games

>Eh... BG never stood out by the dialogues/story, in fact I would say that it's by far the weakest point of the series. As far as I can understand, most people liked BG because of the mage battles, and D&D, or am I wrong?
t. never played BG
Writing and characters were good. Nothing groundbreaking, but they were good enough to entertain and support the atmosphere of adventure. Theorycrafting and opttimisingg builds is a completely different thing. Also, 'mage battles' were decided by who casts Time Stop first.

>If people don't like that, then too bad.
Seems WotC didn't like it.

Attached: 1458796524281.jpg (849x882, 271K)

This is pretty much how I went through the game and my party was mostly martials

WotC are greedy fucks first and foremost, and so they really don't care for diversity or anything like that. Kind of obvious they would make a token effort so triggered crowd stops pestering them, but that's about it.

And Minsc was the typical dumb muscular guy, but somehow she doesn't seem to care about that

>>Eh... BG never stood out by the dialogues/story
>Nothing groundbreaking, but they were good enough
You're just agreeing with him, user.

What's the best way to play BG 1 and 2?

Attached: 1532020592465.jpg (3024x4032, 1.33M)

I kinda feel bad for her. You can feel how much she wanted to bring back Shar-Teel and make her a main companion in Dragonspear.

Even Minsc wasn't safe youtube.com/watch?v=JRIw7VUCmpk

GO FOR THE EYES BOO GO FOR THE EYES

Attached: images[1].jpg (352x143, 8K)

You can't call dialogues weakest point in the series where every fight is won by either casting Dispel Magic or Time Stop.

install them
launch baldur.exe
play

Install the games. Play.

funny you should say that, I only recently finished my first real playthrough of Arcanum
Really liked the first half but my motivation started lowering near the end to the point where I just rushed the main quest and finished
Those throwing stars were super fucking strong for some reason even though I specd fully into charisma

Didn't like the ending though, just telling the boss his opinions are wrong so he just kills himself is kinda wack, it worked better in PS:T

a-are we going HOME,bros?

Attached: bg2comic.gif (741x592, 30K)

Install Tutu, the community fix and Unfinished business

True. WotC seems woke as fuck at the first glance, but in reality they want to get as much money as possible (they have this "everyone is welcome - because we want your money" policy) and they hate controversy. Amber Scott was asking for trouble when she started dissing BG fans.

Not like BG had good writing to begin with, don't get me wrong, the plot and dialogue were solid but none of it was outstandingly great
People like to jerk off over how great of a villain Irenicus is but it does just boil down to muh revenge because powerhungry/greedy gets divine punishment, though I did like the whole angle of him just being a literal who in comparison to the bhaalspawn

>new BG in Original Sin 2's engine
>all those exploitable physics

Attached: 1394192149067.jpg (920x697, 176K)

even sarevok had a more thought-out plan than irenicus

>trying this hard to fit in

For BG2 i would recommend using a mod that allows you to experience all the class epic quests regardless of your MC class.

baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Stronghold

Some of those were the coolest side quests in the game and you can do them all in a single playthrough with a mod.

Other than that check for the most often installed mods, there is a reason those are at the top.

Fuck how i wish i could play these 2 games for the first time again.

Attached: Main_page.png (640x480, 400K)

Khergan has been in the void for so long he has engulfed himself into his obsession that life is an abnormality.
He was also still butthurt over Arrnoax.

When he was all by himself for IIRC 2000 years, he had no other opinion than his own, that's why debating with him has you give a 'fresh perspective', which enabled him to see the errors of his ways.

pirate beamdog's version

Guys I got baited into installing Baldur's Gate Trilogy, but I don't understand how to change NPC prortaits. I know how to make custom ones, but where the fuck is magic folder where I can put new protraits so I don't need to see BG1 art anymore

>BG3 is released
>you can actually import saves
>it's for a new Pantaloon quest

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

You don't need bg for this just make os3 /whatever

>People like to jerk off over how great of a villain Irenicus
His VA lends a whole lot to Irenicus being remembered so fondly.

I think that Irenicus was the weakest part of BG2 , it had all the pieces to be a cool villain but it fell flat.

She's in!

Attached: saerileG.gif (210x330, 46K)

>People like to jerk off over how great of a villain Irenicus is
He's great because he's memorable and evil, not because he's 100000 IQ genius with plans within plans. His VA was great, his quotes were bombastic enough to be remembered and coherent enough not to be cringy, you had personal stake in stopping him, all that shit. His overall plan really was just FUCK YOU GIVE ME POWER, but that's not bad, as long as it's entertaining.

Will they bring back Drizzt again?

Attached: 012012.jpg (1135x943, 114K)

Pirate BG1EE. Installs bg1npc project.

>BG3 is released
>you can actually import saves
>the goal is to find and kill CHARACTER_NAME

has larian even done anything that wasnt fantasy?
The closest i can think of would be dragon commander which was also fantasy but kind of steampunky

you really dont want a baldur's gate 3

you know he'll be in the game somewhere.
better him than those retards from critical role.

I legit had forgotten about him being in the game.

I wanted to shitpost about how many downloads this mod has but it looks like the site she was on is down

oh god the critical role thing actually has a possibility and I JUST thought of it because you said something

Attached: 1555402826383.png (249x249, 74K)

>the critical role thing actually has a possibility
Not really.

I mean, there were really lots of questionable decisions that made BG2, mediocre.
>transformation from player turns to RTwP had some stats becoming dump stats as well as some other mechanics that don't translate well into the system
>charisma was useless
>Imoen and Irenicus sent to Spellhold for casting spells, but if you use spells you're killed instead of joining them
>alignment is generally useless: Paladin helping thieves or vampires
>multiple dialogue choices that tend to lead to the same conclusion anyway is the worst
>Irenicus

Dozens of thousands.

you never know

Fucking help me you mongoloids

Sarevok is a comparatively greater evil so it makes sense

Do you get this in his quest line? I just remember grabbing his book and then I never got to hear anything from him again

I never understood why you don't actually get any weaker when he takes your divine soul, rather you get stronger since the Slayer form is literally a win button
Is the message just that, he can't weaken you to any great extend because you're partly if not completely godly?

>call yourself Drizzt and do evil stuff
>Drizzt bears down on you and complains this is the second time it happened

use google you obnoxious troglodyte

we aren't your personal helpdesk, fuck off and figure it our yourself pleb

You get kind of weaker, you do get a stat hit in the dream after he takes your soul. Also you lose your previous bhalspaawn abilites like DUHM

Stick to console games. Try Fallout 4.

Worse, you're my personal circus of retarded monkeys that can't even say anything coherent if it isn't somehow connected to poltics or trannies

I think adventure wise the weakest part was the drow city (been like 10 years o i might be miss remembering) it was all so contrived in order to shoehorn the players witnessing drow society.

Gameplay wise i understand where you are coming from but since i have almost no experience with the pen and paper part of D&D some of those points i have to accept as part of translating the system to a videogame.

Im assuming pathfinder makes a better transition from the p&p system to the videogame

>larian
And there goes all hope for BG3
Whos ready for some LE EPIC AND WHACKY FULLY VOICED BY YOUR FAVORIYE Z-LIST VAs DIALOGUE?

"No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses"
LOL

I suppose, it's still a pretty great tradeoff, especially if you don't play some lawful good cuckold

t.tranny
Now get out of here and dilate

Larian's style of writing is, in a word, insecure. They always pretend that everything either is a joke, or a parody, because they can't make an actually good story that takes itself seriously and doesn't degenerate into a complete mess like of which even isekai manga have never seen.

Well, making PC seriously weaker and then adding a progressively more severe penalties would make playing the game a fucking chore.

I just dont want them to do the old ones dirty , i would be happy with a new story using the BG city as the backdrop/hub and at most having some references to the bhaalspawn.
I dont want it to be tied directly to 1&2 but i think thats too much to ask

nice falseflagging tranny

They try to kill Irenicus but can't IIRC. Irenicus only agrees to imprisonment and if they take also Imoen with them otherwise he's just going to keep on killing. I guess they don't try the same with you because they lose the control of Spellhold by that point
I agree with the rest especially alignment

True, unless you actually had the option to like do some evil stuff to partly regain your power, like sacrificing party members or innocent bystanders
In turn, neutral/good players would get shafted hard and had to play in hardmode with their MC being a complete tool for most of the game

It was obviously not developed with anything like this in mind so it makes sense that nothing major happens to your character

its not baldurs gate 3, how fucking stupid do you have to be

>shits his diapers like a bitch when nobody will do his homework for him

lmao shut up, little faggot.

Attached: 1551164178083.jpg (305x294, 43K)

Then what else would it be, mr. Smartguy?

Shadowkeeper you dumb nigger.

Well you already can't be resurrected normally, and being soulless is basically a death sentence. If the game was about exclusively you and your personal relationships with people, then it would make sense if you were helpless in the end, and your friends and family were like 'nah nigga we got you, don't worry' and they beat the shit out of Irenicus in your stead and if you're evil you obviously don't need much help - and there's no one to offfer it anyway. But BG was more about adventuring together and killing dragons, so making PC useless in the end would irritate player instead of immersing: "Fucking hell, I got all this magic equipment and abilities and can't even fight the boss properly? Fuck off, m8."

Half-Life

Thanks, I'll try Pillars.

>frogposter
He's retarded, but you're not much better tbqh

I'd love to see that honestly, a game that actually deep dives into neutral/chaotic evil territory, everything is always designed for the neutral good characters
Tyranny promised just that but it ended up being a dissapointment too when the worst thing you can do there is kill a baby

Well it always ends the same because to be a villian you need to be proactive. You can't just travel from town to town to stop th evil wizard - because you are the evil wizard and it's because of your plan everyone is neck-deep in shit. Compare that to a hero, who usually just unfucks whatever villian fucked up.
Basically, to make an equally interesting story for evil and good PC, you'd need to make two completely different storylines. Because if your evilness ends with killing random people for fun and profit while someone else tells you what to do, you're a thug, not a mastermind. People usually sympathise with big villians because they have a plan that goes beyond 'I'll rape your daughter and burn your house eks dee' - they usually do that, but for something bigger. Carving personal kingdom, obtaining immortality, claiming godhood. The usual.

I hope they implement that just to fuck with faggots like you.

I understand, that's why I would like to see a game that's entirely focused on an evil path or as you said, a campaign with 2 paths
I recently played the Fire Emblem game on the 3ds where you have to buy each individual campaign (fucking retarded that, they're like 5 hours long each) and you just end up being the good guy on the bad side as well, if you choose the obviously evil kingdom, I hate that shit so much

Post timestamp for that, I'm not gonna watch the entire thing.

Well, in Tyranny's case the "evil empire" was extremaly tame and milktoast. Like it was written by someone who thinks that "pure evil" = Donald Trump. Genocide is fine - but sexism and homophobia are off the table.

Well if you were to make an 'evil path' in your game, you really have to decide if you go for style or shock value.
If you go for style, you need to make evil look cool. That doesn't mean justifying blowing up a planet, it's more about giving player time and opportunity to gloat about it. It's power fantasy above all. But you risk making evil look either tame or retarded because most of the time real scope of your crimes will be swept under the rug. After all, you're killing nameless NPCs, that's hardly bad, amirite.
If you go for shock value, you need to make evil look disgusting. Torture, rape, mass murder, brainwashing. No line left uncrossed, because truly evil characters don't care and even revel in this - they are psychopaths basically. And that makes them unlikeable, and people aren't really invested in characters they can't sympathise with. So there must an element of morbid curiousity to this - how fucknig far will there retards go? Will they really make this guy kill his own son? This type of thing. But here you risk making all this pointlessly edgy and\or hilarious because of how over the top it is.
So in the end you must make player either want to be the villian, or want to beat the villian, and that's hard. Far easier is to make evil PC petty, or just misunderstood brooding antihero.

>tfw in Pathfinder Kingmaker the people STILL make you out to be a lunatic and literal demon even if you've done nothing but good
I think the whole Kingmaker game could have had a great evil campaign but the game never actually lets you really get into it
Stuff like actively tormenting your companions, killing them if they do stupid shit in their personal quests (or torturing them as an example for others, whatever)

I'd love to just set the kingdom on fire and go conquer all the other ones instead, murder kings in their sleep, slip poison in the water supply, spread aids among the whores and whatnot
It doesn't have to be Postal 1 tier kindergarten shooting evil to actually be satisfying to play as the bad guy, some of these isekai mangas do it well with just making the entire country full of literal degenerates who revel in public execution and such, even if it's lawfully bad you just need the moral high ground, even if your morals are fucked, then it'll always be fun

>"give me proof or ur wrong!!!"
>here
>"come read it for me or ur wrong!!!!"
I hate this meme. You are given the tools to succeed, use them.

>In the original there's a lot of jokes at women's expense
>Or if not a lot, there's a couple
Never fails to crack me up.

What are you talking about, I just asked for a timestamp.

different setting so 0% chance

you
never
know

If you killed him in BG1 he recognizes that. Is that the only case where your choice in BG1 affects something in the sequel?

They do a bit of everything, actually

I just want to be able to finally roll a Drow.
Fuck the Gold Box games.
Fuck Menzoberranzan. Fuck Menzoberranzan especially.
And fuck the Infinity Engine games.
Let me roll a goddamn Drow.

just like
be a elf/half-elf with black skin bruhv
I actually want more races as well

I'm optimistic, adding playable skeletons in D:OS2 was a huge step in the right direction. We need more of this kind of stuff. I'd kill for playable Illithid.

I doubt races like that would be released with the game, but if it's moddable enough there will certainly be mods for that
I was disappointed there are no race mods for BG, I wanted to play a Tiefling

If they can keep their loot addiction down to a minimum and not be so autistic about encounter levels it could be great

OS didn't need a thousand patches

Whatcha talking about there were totally tieflings like this fine fellow
What? He uses the male elf model? Nah man he's totally a tiefling ;)

Attached: hd.png (210x330, 123K)

Why is there no choice to play the grandchild of Bhaal?

Attached: (You).png (398x531, 207K)

lol what if they just made you play as aerie's fucking baby

I remember how hyped I was with EE announcement and how much would expand the modding possibilities...

I wouldn't hold my breath either, but you never know.
Now if only WoTC weren't such assholes and allowed someone to resurrect Dark Sun, we could have giant mantises in our party again. Even a Shattered Lands/Wake of the Ravager remake would be great.

Attached: thri-kreen.png (820x1086, 950K)

You start as an orphan of Bhaal's child, raised by some nonromancable NPC from the original games, the game starts as you get assaulted and said NPC killed setting you on the world

Attached: 0_qFgGPIVUFTXliMt9.jpg (970x600, 95K)

What if it's Half Life 3?

I could see it

Attached: 1557515809401.jpg (1200x1099, 216K)

The villain will e called: Nhatsarevok

given the game is most likely going to be 5e, i'd imagine all of the 5e PHB races are available to be played
meaning Drow should be an option.

I don't start a game unless I roll at least 94 btw, and only start in BG1 so I can get all the tomes too. Fuck statlets

i hope so, he has really good equipment you can either steal or obtain from his corpse.

Some gods are after Bhaalspawn, he hides his child with his old friend and goes of to fight the gods. Many years later you and your old Auntie Imoen travel to Baldur's Gate when suddenly...

Attached: fat_Imoen.jpg (256x403, 123K)

Would be neat if you start as the child of PC and Aerie, who are both murdered by an ancient evil. Would make a pretty compelling story tbqh though making PCxAerie canon would piss Vicfags off.

PCxViconia is canon for BG3

>confusing Divinity 2 with Original Sin 2. Zoomers are too young to have played Ego Draconis, which is Divinity 2

>Tommy from Power Rangers
>tiefling
No

Better be turn based

surprised they didnt use that portrait in SoD

>Zoomers are too young to have played Ego Draconis
Zoomers are under 20 so they could have played it in their childhood.

A wheel of life literally poetry
Sins of our fathers and all that

Yeah right, even though it’s a console game I don’t see Zoomers getting through any of the difficulty spikes. Some of the early fights are legitimately hard

>Auntie Imoen
Oh boy!

>Some of the early fights are legitimately hard
Only hard part are those cunts that have hitscan range spells that make you flinch desu. But they can be dealt with by staying at a greater range.

Having older characters from the previous games is an absolute must at this point, no point in calling it BG3 then. 20 years is just the right time for Imoen to become a sexy milf

Didn't the game have a difficulty slider that could by changed any time? Irc there was an invincible enemy bug that could only be solved by temporarily dropping it to the lowest setting.

>20 years
Unless Larian would go full on fanfic route, the official timeline of 5E takes place 100 years after the events of BG1/2. So Imoen would be long dead. The only one that are canonically still alive is Coran and Minsc (he was turned into a statue or something). Although the 5E lore and timelines are messy as fuck, so who knows.

Where are you getting this 20 year number from?

Idk much about DnD but don't mages live for a long time? Imoen is an archmage during ToB

Seeing this kind of pushes me to finish II after so long.
I am at the part where I just got out of the underdark, how much game is there still before me? Does it get better again? Because to be honest the last 3 or so hours have been tedious as hell

Attached: 1551041097096m.jpg (539x1024, 39K)

Dumb phone image saver

man i'm in the same boat as you
I finished 1 several times but not 2

You aren't that far off from the end.
It's pretty much the final stretch, main-quest wise.

Technically, sure. But there is also a huge probabilty that she got BTFO'd during Spellplague. Again - 5E lore is an incoherent mess. It is really difficult to pinpoint what is canon anymore, with WotC's "Schrodinger's cat" approach to narrative.

No bully

Attached: IMG_20190209_173933.jpg (3968x2976, 3.3M)

Too much.
I actually didn't mind the pacing in Underdark at all, but what comes after both drags on forever and is incredibly rushed at the same time.

You are in the last leg of the game - 2 chapters left. Return to Athkatla, where you solve any unfinished business and have a showdown with Bodhi, and the siege of Suldanessalar where you BTFO Irenicus. Then you go to Nine Hells for a final confrontation.

You know you can just walk out of Ust Natha, right? You have to fight through a bunch of drow to do it, but this whole sequence is not plot-important. It's literally just a huge sidequest.

Well it's 20 years since BG2 was released so

kil me

The worst part is that my character and party are horribly unoptimized because I played a sorcerer and just chose whatever spell sounded cool to me, so now I'm running around with a gazillion AOE damage spells that I can hardly cast lest I grill Minsc

an actually good dnd based game would be nice
if it's real time with pausing i swear to god

Yeah, but I've just said that I liked Ust Natha It had some of the most fun content in the game, even if it feels like a long filler episode.

>rpg fatigue
That's not a thing, you're just a fag.

I really do hope you found the Cloak of Mirroring in the Sahuagin City. It makes whoever equips it immune to spell damage. Fun shit.
If not, use Aerie/Viconia to cast a shitton of protective spells of whatever meattank you are currently using. If you don't have either Aerie or Viconia in your party, you are a heartless bastard and probably gay.

Isn't real time with pausing basically turn based as well? I mean in the end the system will be Dnd and that is turn based, so the only difference would be that the game would simulate a real time system by automatically skipping steps unless you manually pause. Which is the kind of tedium I disliked about BG.
Either you make real time combat like, I don't know, Diablo or the loot slasher of your choice. Or you go turn based. Doing this weird in-between thing imo doesn't work

Choosing Sorcerer for your first playthrough was a real bad idea man. Still, what is the rest of your team?

It better be turn based

based wizards

Been some time since I played, but I think it was Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen, the evil dwarf berserker and the Sun monk

Why not both
Pillars showed that it's possible

>I hope the game is shit so you get mad!
why are you like this?

it was probably Divinty 2 sales
It is the most successful crpg in 2 decades now with only pillars 1 coming remotely close

>Why does this keep getting repeated?
Because none of these faggots actually played a Larian game before.

Turn based in dead-fire is not as good as Divinity. It doesn't MAKE you want to play the game, just isn't fun

Attached: k.png (370x149, 86K)

Mite be cool. Seeing how BioWare abandoned making RPGs and good games in general, may aswell let someone competent make the game.

Attached: n.png (344x268, 152K)

I just want a better wrpg than deadfire which was a massive letdown cause i thought it would be so much better than PoE and it was only slightly better.

Attached: y682tiv8dri21.jpg (2569x1920, 951K)

Real time with pause while handling 6 characters sucks balls.

SOUL

Stop with this tired shit. It has literally become "i like thing" and "i dont like thing", if it ever was anything more its gone now. The SOUL meme has no soul and needs to die.

Fuck me, I kept getting lost in that city all the time. I guess even Athkatla was easier to navigate.

Soulless poster.

You're really fun at the partires aren't you.
By SOUL I meant that 90s crappy 3D still has it even nowdays as far as the aesthetics go

I wish druids weren't ass in original BGs. How are they in current dnd? Also is mage/druid possible?
It's weird how in unmodded game elves can't be druids

Im really hoping fo some cool companions , usually thats a great gauge on how shitty or good the game is gonna be.

Attached: Neera_NEERA_Portrait_BG1EE.png (210x330, 127K)

I current 5E you mean?
Moon (aka onion) Druid is broken as fuck. Once you hit level cap the fucker is virtually unkillable, because he can shapchange into animals at will - meaning he has unlimited HP.
Druids, Wizards, Bards and Paladins in 5E are generally ridiculously strong.

*takes gem pouch then removes you from party for the rest of the game*
heh, nothin personnel kiddo

>EE companion.

Attached: apage satane.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

First time i played BG i hated Jaheira so much , but you couldnt kick her out since then Khalid would leave too.

I always had to get her killed in the first encounter after the tavern.

When i first played the EE i wanted to use the new companions, see new stories ... I couldnt handle , i wasnt strong enough, they all ended up getting the Jaehira treatment

The Orc dude has pretty OP stats though, worth keeping around if you care more about that than RPing.

I would never touch the EEs with a ten foot pole, but from what I heard the evil sorcerer was actually inoffensive, if not particularly memorable.

Give me sequel Jaheira!

Attached: Sequel Jaheira.png (210x330, 136K)

The monk was also inoffensive. Just boring. REALLY FUCKING BORING.
This bitch Hexxat or Neera on the other hand...

any way to enjoy ToB?
I can always end my vanilla bg2 playthroughs but ToB is just dull with every enemy being almost immune to all my magic and having multiple save or die/rest effects

Thing is i just went to check the companions for the EE and i for the life of me cant remember the sorcerer.

I remember neera being cringy as fuck and the emo edgy orc paladin but i cant place the elven sorcerer.

Then again i only played the EE once while i have played the base games a handful of times so w/e

Yeah I wish he was also in BG2

You mean the drow? He's a hidden companion. His entire gimmick is that he likes alliteration. That's it. It's supposed to be funny.

And no, I haven't found him either.

That has always been a problem for me in all D&D games , the early chunks of the game are cool cause a couple bad rolls and a pack of wolves can wipe you.

The mid chunks are fun cause you have a lot of skills and abilities and can do the encounters on different ways , but the "lategame" is always boring cause in order to stop you from having godlike powers they have to give similar powerlevel to the enemies and it turns the battles into quagmire.

I enjoyed Throne of Bhaal BY romancing Jaheira! If you ARE fighting you SHOULD use Whirlwinds! If you ARE Mage you SHOULD summon Solar! If you ARE Cleric you SHOULD summon Deva BUT they are NOT as good as Solar! Jaheira IS the best wife! (She is! She is!)

Attached: Jaheira.png (210x330, 123K)

Guess i missed him then , i just remember the other 3 and barely remember the monk.

I really want some memorable companions this time

based

I will punch this surfacer. For Shar.

Attached: viconia_v_oneshot_by_taritoons-dard2tv.jpg (210x330, 25K)

I actually wouldn't mind if we were to get a drow companion once again. But maybe an Vhaerunite or Eilistraeean for a change. Imagine an Eilistraee-worshipping love interest.

When is it going to be confirmed for realsies? I'm annoyed by all this teaser bullshit

probably E3, unless there's another game show even sooner?
Larian have been at e3 a few times

it better have basically everything of DoS2 (except the wonky balance and rushed 3rd act) but with the DnD license.

They will probably reveal it sooner. They won't witheld the information for that long. And the milk is already spilled, so they might as well.

>hating on anomen
He's the only proper built cleric in the game, aerie sucks since multiclass makes her lag behind pures too much and viconia has shit str and con, meanwhile you can slap a mace+shield on based Anomen and he'll cast all the useful cleric shit at almost full power and he'll hold his own in the frontline, rank up his dual wielding and late game he can easily compete for top damage dealer after buffing himself up.

His quest is also great and will change his personality to a proper knight or a bitter failure

Anomen's quest IS example OF alternate reality! His quest IS the cat with poison! No! My glass IS half full!

Anomen is a nice pleb filter - he's actually a very decent companion once you get past his obnoxious behaviour. And his sidequest is very reactive, with various endstates to it and even a class and alignment change. Compare that to Viconia that gets jack shit in terms of sidequests - unless you count the Underdark.

War of the Spider Queen forever soured me on Eilistraee-worshipping whores. A Vhaeraunite would be cool. Or even a follower of Ghaunadaur.

Viconia's ending WAS bad! I like her she IS nice!

Is original sin 2 worth a second playthrough?
I ran a Knight, Ranger, Fire/Earth mage and Air/Water mage.
I respec one of my mages out of summoning after some point when I realized they were OP as fuck.
I'm kinda curious about dagger rogues and necromancy but I don't want to play through the game a second time using the same combos.

Dificulty was tactician I think

You probably should read Starlight and Shadows, Evermeet or anything written by Elaine Cunningham/Ed Greenwood or play NWN: HotU. She and her clergy are portrayed very positively there. Eilistraee is a fun and very noble deity. It's just Lisa Smedman has a problem with her and always portrays her in negative light, be it War of the Spider Queen or Lady Penitent. Fans have called her out on it numerous times.

what kind of playable races can we expect?

Give me human!

We don't even know if the game is for real in the first place.
But assuming they wish to go with 5E - I'm guessing races from PHB: Human, elf (high, wood, dark), dwarf, gnome, halfling, half-elf, half-orc, (ugh) tiefling, (ugh) dragonborn.

Larian has never made a bad game

Beamdog niggers on suicide watch

BG3 will be GOTY 2020

>Larian has never made a bad game
I heard Beyond Divinity was crap but never played it.

It wasn't crap per se - it was just "meh". Not bad, not good, just completely forgettable. Played almost exactly like Divinity 1.

How could any game with these adorable things be bad?

Attached: derpfish.jpg (800x600, 159K)

I didn't enjoy gameplay of Dragon Commander much

That's so cute. I want to take it home with me and cuddle it to sleep.

>he played Dragon Commander for gameplay
Son, should I explain to you in picture form what's the reason people are playing this game?

Attached: lizardfu.png (350x548, 296K)

Nice try, Wasteland 2 is actually the real good one of the bunch.

You didn’t find that ranger bounty in the first area to be hard? He is insanely hard and you get a second to react before him and his cohorts shoot you to death

I don’t remember because the generic difficulty was pretty good, I think you are right though. In general I don’t think zoomers could get through the game though

>real time with pause
FIX THIS LARIAN

TURN BASED
TURN FUCKING BASED
TURN BASED
TURN BASED

Except for sorcerer, playing a multiclass is so much more fun

Divinity games are good so I hope they keep shitting them out until they arent.

>ugh

Attached: Pepe parenting.jpg (680x566, 78K)

This. Turn-based combat in party-based games is vastly superior.

Attached: Allayi Prayer.jpg (2048x1152, 348K)

I am pretty confused about How I should to feel about BG3. On one hand it will obviously have superior Larian game design, on other hand it will be spoiled by outdated Forgotten Realms or any other shitty DnD lore. Still hope for DOS 3.

Attached: 1418233775214.jpg (632x632, 223K)

I just wonder how are they going to translate 5E systems like advantage/disadvantage rolls or diviner's portent into a videogame form.

The first part of D:OS2 is one of the greatest RPGs ever made. But it really shits the bed once you leave the prison

I would take the outdated Forgotten Realms over current "we don't even remember that gods/races are there in Faerun" approach to lore.
Ghaunadaur, Tharizdun, for current WotC there is no difference.

Probably won't be that in-dept

>NATURE TAKE THE LIFE SHE GAVE
>FOR THE DOOMGUARD I STRIKE A BLOW
I hope it has crazy ass warcries like previous games

Those are all pretty well spaced out user in terms of releases user.

>it will be spoiled by outdated Forgotten Realms
Imagine actually fucking knowing the lore of DD just for a single moment try to imagine how pathetic you have to be

advantage/disadvantage rolls are easy to implement, diviner's protent probably won't make it into the game or get somehow reworked into advantage disadvantage for checks made during your turn

Those are the most basic rules in 5e.
Advantage is literally "roll two d20 for a skill check/attack, pick higher number", disadvantage is the opposite. 90% of buffs/debuffs relies on it.