I'm quitting the game industry, fuck this

I'm quitting the game industry, fuck this.

>hired to work at a game studio, project is a third person shooter with a melee combat system
>expecting something deep and fun, like a Platinum game, maybe even the successor to Vanquish, like a hybrid with Bayonetta or MGR
>find out the game is some "realism" setting similar to John Wick with surrealism bullshit like Death Stranding(the director has a hardon for stupid shit like that and admires Kojima)

I'm so fucking pissed right now. Know what the worst part is? I bet when this game comes out, there'll be a bunch of people on here praising it. Literally praising it. Oh I know exactly what they'll say. "Oh, it's so amazing, it's so cool, so awesome, so stylish, omg wow, it's like John Wick, but even crazier! Oh man, it's so surreal yet so grounded, oh the cinematography, oh the usage of color and lighting, oh the music is incredible and makes me FEEL, oh the sound direction, oh oh oh the combat feels so smooth, so fun, oh the hits are so impactful, oh god I love this game so much oh fuck it's like John Wick meets a Kojima game meets LSD oh fuck give it to me now joe, give it to me now put it in my mouth joe get it alllllllll in my fuckin mouth joe!"

Fuck you, Fuck John Wick, Fuck Kojima, and Fuck this studio and it's director for copying garbage and trying to peddle it to fucking faggots because he thinks he's soooooooooooo smart and sooooooooooo creative, fuck YOU.

Attached: gay ass tryhard edgelord shit.jpg (2689x4781, 1.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=72JIQKWbyqk
youtube.com/watch?v=Zlh_St7XR78
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What did John Wick poster mean by this? Is he actually a clever marketer in disguise?

kill yourself faggot

Attached: faggot.png (650x519, 78K)

This is why children need to be kept away from the internet.

Attached: 1315625368311.png (445x431, 11K)

For the past few months I've seen some variation of this pasta with tons of different genres. Is this some sort of AI posting?

Based put it in my mouth poster.

John Wick did nothing wrong. If some dude killed my dead wife's dog I'd do the same thing.

I never claimed that art to be from this studio, dumbass. I can tell you are a John Wick fan, they tend to be fucking dumb as shit. That art is the style this faggot studio love and is inspired by for their game. This game made to appeal to fucking pigs in human skin like you. "people"(if you even deserve to be called that) that think John Wick is some kind of amazing, cinematic experience. Oh it's "KINO". Fuck Kino. What the fuck does Kino even mean? Some little buzzword you wick faggots came up with to feel special, huh? Fuck you, and fuck John Wick. Fuck Ryan Gosling too, for being in pretentious shitty movies too, surprised he isn't gonna be in John Wick 4.

Attached: wick street.gif (540x221, 378K)

Is Joe the director? Also could you tell us the name of the game.

What if it's fun tho?

I'm surprised idiots like still fall for this stale pasta.

John Wick did do something wrong, by being an overrated pos series of movies that infected the action genre and is helping to ruin gaming. Look at Death Stranding, the gameplay looks an awful lot like fights in John Wick. Same for The Last of Us 2, another Wick inspired piece of shit. Now I'm at a studio working with chucklefucks that think they're creative geniuses especially this goddamn director and his glorious vision, oh I'm an auteur, oh I wear sunglasses indoors and a leather jacket, oh I'm so cool, love me, adore me, kiss me, tell me how amazing I am! And you faggots will eat his shit up, I know you will because pigs like you can't resist SLOP.

browsed some indie games yesterday and all of them looked really stupid. these amateurs need visionary leaders to make great games

Attached: s21f9zce8jy21.jpg (496x499, 39K)

kino is the russian word for a movie, but people latched onto it for the meme. it's pretty dumb.

Realistic/Pseudo realistic combat is not, has not, and will NEVER be fun in a video game ever. It's boring as fuck. Tell me this, you can create a video game, a thing from your own mind with anything you want. Why the fuck, why the FUCK would you make something with realism gameplay? Look at Red Dead 2, look at that "game" All that hype, and it played like fucking SHIT. No one likes that game, no one enjoyed it, people don't even make threads for it anymore. What gameplay is there that is fun, watching your fucking shitty character very slowly turn seconds after hitting a direction? or him awkwardly doing some shitty punch seconds after you hit a button as you can't cancel or do any cool combos and have to sit there watching the premade animation these failed attempts at hollywood directors have made?

Let me, for a brief moment, entertain the idea that you are telling the truth. Let me place trust in the words you express, and let me put myself in your situation as best I can.

When I do so, I'm sad to inform that the one who is wrong is you. Regardless of where this project that inspiration from, or directly copies, the game will be judged by what it offers regardless, at least here on Yea Forums's Yea Forums board, mainly utilized to converse and share information on said games. The raw honesty of this userbase will reveal the darkness presented in this project, and should you speak truth, the sheer force of light from our judgement will prove you truthful to your core.

Should this project fall short and be nothing more than a farce-- a mere circus of flashing lights and no substance-- by the lords in which you may or may not believe in, they will know it. We will let them know, and you can smile in peace. There is no need for rage. Let us be judges, let our words be the executioners. Hide as they might among other communities, they will never claim they pleased us with a shallow product. Let them run and cower in lesser websites, with men and women of such low quality that they can be considered nothing more than a joke made in absurdly poor taste.

Attached: arthur.png (278x271, 226K)

is this a new meme? to Shit on something by also shitting on John Wick?

I've never seen it. I approach every post as true unless it's obviously false, as I find to be more funny that way.

>I approach every post as true
guess he was right about calling you an idiot then

You tell them user. Look at books for example, you can write whatever you want. Thats why no one likes dostoyevsky, plato, joyce, camus. Everyone knows their books read like shit compared to some seriously fun books like twilight or ready player one.

Yaaas qweeen

Name one person who genuinely enjoys reading dostoyevsky, plato, joyce, or camus, and isn't just claiming they do to get brownie points for being some intellectual. I'd rather read manga than some boring ass shit written by some russian guy about war and peace.

Tomorrow is my last day in AAA games before I endeavor into indie life. I will not forget you Yea Forums.

Attached: 2c2.jpg (636x333, 66K)

>Unless it's obviously false.
You missed that part. But seriously I find it genuinely humorous to do so as it makes my shitty life look way better in comparison to all of you faggots.

fake and gay

Cringe
You will never work on anything meaningful

Attached: NIGGERNIGGERNIGGER.png (641x305, 84K)

See you tommorrow.

Uhhh doc I need a strong dose stat

Why are you even mad? Your job is to be a little insect who creates art for other people, what are you whining about. If you really want create something better, why don't you join some small indie company or create one on your own.

Attached: 447.jpg (601x601, 19K)

Nice that you have a new thing to latch on, superior limb based combat man.

i don't know movies because i'm not a tryhard "geek"

>Look at Red Dead 2, look at that "game" All that hype, and it played like fucking SHIT. No one likes that game, no one enjoyed it
If someone asked you what the internet is you'd start describing Yea Forums.
This is the only website you visit, isn't it?

To be fair neither will you

>because I’m a knuckle dragging simpleton, everyone else is too
user, you’re just a simpleton. Believe it or not, other people can enjoy things that you can’t.

Speaking of John Wick, is it me or was the second movie shit? The first one was kino I thought and haven't seen the third yet.

No one uses kino outside Yea Forums, mostly Yea Forums and Yea Forums, and are hamfisted as fuck.

Sounds like it'd be a fun game OP,

I can't wait to play it :)

more of the second

it's fun for what it is, I thought it would be a trilogy, but nope, they're building up to a franchise

lOts oF gUnS

I don't want to be an "insect" creating pretentious bullshit so some faggot can jerk himself off about how amazing he is. I see why people hate Kojima now, I really do.

Explain to me how realistic combat is fun.

Explain to me how it isn't.

>itt Soiboy throwing fit over shitty game production
>This is the very first unique case of this kind of situation!!

I'm assuming this is the same faggot OP that made the fuck realism and john wick thread last night
Hey OP, you're still a fag and no one cares about you hating "realistic" combat

Attached: 7468.jpg (640x640, 33K)

not op, but I also work at this studio and I gotta get this off my chest here. I don't support this game because I feel it glorifies nazis and evil. I was on board when it was just a singleplayer game, but multiplayer pvp is being added to it, and players can choose from various characters in the game, many of which are villains. The most disturbing are some of them are nazis, I know one is a guy decked out in a full on nazi uniform, with a skull mask(I think it's a mask anyway). This is a playable character. I want you to think about that for a second. You can see why I'm questioning my work on this project now. OP is an idiot, and ignoring the real reasons this game is so problematic.

Attached: Iron-sky-the-coming-age-hitler-t-rex.jpg (640x333, 44K)

Then don't work in the entertainment industry you fucking knob

I'll take "Things That Aren't Actually True" for $800

I'll show you:

Nonrealistic combat:
youtube.com/watch?v=72JIQKWbyqk

See how fun that is? Now look at realistic combat:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zlh_St7XR78

Boring, canned animations. No sense of impact. No skillful and fun gameplay mechanics like launchers, juggles, dash cancels, move cancels, etc. It's shit.

Cringe but also based.

Sounds like you are a gross weeb and should kys desu

both are fun for different reasons and purposes.

Is naruto also better than no country for old men?

Then start your own studio or find a way to get yourself a creative director position. That's just how it goes in creative industries, you gotta obey the retard boss who thinks himself a visionary until one day you're in the same position while your team thinks you're a retard who sees himself as a visionary.

>GRITTY
>REALISTIC
>LIMB-BASED COMBAT
>DARK SOULS
>FUCK THE INDUSTRY
Points to you for changing the formula every time, but it's still too obvious.

>rdr 2 combat
>fun

Said no one ever