You are employed to make Quake 5. What's your plan?

You are employed to make Quake 5. What's your plan?

Attached: Quake.jpg (750x1000, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0TDiGNx1Zo
reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/comments/9e47oy/its_been_a_month_already_when_chris_vrennas/
youtube.com/watch?v=GbeBqThfJLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-ut9zP93MgE
youtube.com/watch?v=uD3NVVfZUDs
youtube.com/watch?v=BRCAfdBMe2Y
quake.bethesda.net/en/news/2RC4KZ6FhD1xuO05coZSFw
youtube.com/watch?v=cmAvyk8S_V4
quakeone.com/reforged/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>RTX: On

>Full mod support
>Flexible, strong engine with a large toolset.
>Easy to make maps with custom triggers.
>Source code exposed.

>Gameplay is a continuation of Quake 1 in style, story is light but sets the mood without trying to be more than what it should be.
>Labyrinthine levels that encourage exploration.
>Higher emphasis on vertical mobility and ranged combat than Doom 2016.

>Not shackled to Bethesda launcher or anything else.

Atmosphere and map design of Quake 1. Enemies are still tough but thanks to new technologies you can now have 50 on screen at once instead of 5 at best. Final chapter is Ranger escaping the arena eternal to be with his family again, hints of how you're in it will be seen throughout the levels as things from Quake 2, 3, and 4 make their appearances in the maps every once in a while. His family is long dead after literal hundreds of thousands of years spent in the arena eternal.

Priority: Singleplayer

another nine inch nails soundtrack

I think one of the strongpoints of Quake 1 over Doom was the fact that less was more with the enemy layout. You really didn't need too much more than 10 or so for larger combat segments unless they were the human enemies because they complemented each other so well.

Having you fight in a pit against fiends while ogres rained grenades on you from above with a vore or chaos spawn showing up after a few die is enough hell to deal with even when it's only a few of them, spawning 50 of them means you have to make them less dangerous like Doom's enemies, which you kill by the legions and can easily avoid most of their attacks simply by keeping speed.

actual level design unlike modern garbage like doom 2016 where it's just a linear series of set pieces

take quake 2 and /3 revise the textured to hdr level
make a competent AI
or if i cant do that just fucking copy paste serious sam
give new abilities to the same weapons
full mod support with tools from the beggining
use vulkan and not dx12

Multiplayer is basically Quake 3 remastered. Singleplayer has small, tight levels and high mobility. Also, a return to the gothic aesthetic. No modern shit

The idea is to not make the original enemies any less strong, just that you can have more of them at a time if you so wish. Of course 50 is ludicrous, but its possible, and maybe somebody can make a good work with an arena fight with more numbers than the original could pull off.

Been playing a lot of Quake maps the last year.

IMO, Quake 1's biggest issue is the HP bloat. It was 3D unlike Doom so they couldn't have more than a few enemies together at a time, so they just made weapons shit/gave enemies lots of HP to make up for it. It's a real issue in modern fan made maps that have LOTS of enemies at the same time. Circle strafing around a group of enemies while slowly chipping their HP away with your shotty is not that fun at all.

>copy paste serious sam
Run towards you or stand still and shoot from afar?

Online coop openworld experience with rpg elements. Two season passes with 3 "extension" packs. Cosmetic dlc with preorder only weapon texture bonus. Deepest lore with additional web comics. Also e-sport level multiplayer with integrated twitch platform.
69.99 and 79.99 euro price level.

No ADS
No weapon special abilities or customisation
Maybe a powerup that increases mobility
A good map creator.
Hand crafted levels with next to no closed arena. Emphasis on move speed and enemy manipulation

Hundreds and hundreds of unique and terrifying fast monsters

It's been done on a few custom maps well, but it's usually on Base levels where it's mostly the human enemy set with SoA stuff too. I believe Sock had an interesting one that took advantage of a large enemy set, it was set on a floating Base level that pitted you against humans, the flying drones, and some cyborg enemies with numbers hovering around 20 or so on Nightmare.

The monster sets are usually less good for that though, most of them are very tough to the point killing them without a full pack of nails or rockets/grenades/Mr. Thunderbolt is exceptionally tough. I've played quite a few maps where someone likes to spawn five shamblers on your head and force you to shambler dance them down, and it's just not enjoyable. Dropping their health or giving the player overpowered weapons would just make them lame cannon fodder though, and one thing Quake did well was have you think about how you approach every encounter instead of going in guns blazing every time.

Just make it like Doom 2016 except with a gothic/lovecraftian/dark fantasy aesthetic. Simple and easy to market.

make a sequel to the original focused on singleplayer. maybe throw in a mapping/modding tool with the game for a few extra shekels

akimbo lightning guns

>all the people asking for custom levels/mod support

Fan mapping is literally dead in 2019. Nobody is going to be making modern graphics quality maps for free on their own time. That ship has sailed.

>Just make it like Doom 2016 except with a gothic/lovecraftian/dark fantasy aesthetic
Painkiller already exists

I swindle the funds and make a Blood remake instead.

And died horribly.

Singleplayer is a continuation of Quake 1 and multiplayer is an excuse to pretend Quake Champions NEVER happened.

Hell and Damnation wasn't that bad

this

doom user wads suffer from the same thing

>bro what do you mean enemy encounter design just fill the room with barons/skellies/mancubus

Pace it more consistently than Doom 2016. That one had too much of a corridor-arena fight-corridor-arena fight-open empty space-corridor-arena fight cadence. Whereas something like Quake 2 had enemies more evenly scattered across the level.

Painkiller has no map design.

bring back Trent reznor to do the soundtrack. or just get Mick Gordon to do the music, cause of course he would.

Ditch the Strogg crap and basically reimagine Quake 1. Use modern technology to make a truly grand journey through various bizarre realms. Should start out in a techbase like the original, but with more than just 1 level before getting to the slipgate, then it's all Lovecraftian. Bring back the best enemies like ogres and shamblers but add some more enemy variety. Level design could be linear like Doom 2016, but no arena focus. For the multiplayer just replicate Quake 3.
>then the game tanks because no battle royale for the zoomers
Oh, and the soundtrack has to be dark ambient. I love how fucked up and dissonant Quake1's music is, it's really unique for vidya. No badass heavy metal, just droning tones and otherworldy screams.

Attached: quaker oats.png (787x612, 292K)

Include Doom Slayer as an alt character, effectively Hexen it with alt pickups.
Bonus points for having a remix OST when playing.
Superb grades if the primary route most players go through maps is based on which character you are, or at least custom content can pick up on this.
Also PUT AT LEAST A THIRD OF THE BUDGET INTO A PROPER TOOLKIT INCLUDING MAPPER FOR FUCKS SAKE

Honestly I'm pretty annoyed and concerned Doom Eternal is going way more into Quake 1 than any title since then.
Even Doom 2016 was too much on the Quake side compared to the style of original cultist, painted black basement with symbolism or straight up wriggling intestine floor hellscape of extreme discomfort - instead going with floating rock void with a rust tint

Go to bed BJ

Make quake 5 of course

1:1 Quake 3 remake with a Quake 1 style SP

I was just thinking about that earlier today.
Can't imagine a worse fucking idea.

Remaster the previous games

FPBP

Attached: ex.jpg (2972x1931, 1.33M)

we dont need it we already have Quake 1.5

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0TDiGNx1Zo

Literally just this.

Attached: valentina-8-4670.jpg (1662x2500, 415K)

Also hire Trent Reznor to write the ost again

Truly weird levels, maybe non-euclidean. Look both lived in yet nonsensical, stone and wood and flesh. Makes you think you're going insane like Ranger.
Ambient music like other anons have said, weird noises, darkness.
UNIQUE weapon ideas, because we already have shotgun/machine gun/rocket launcher standard. Intricate and unique otherworldy weapons.
Chapters similar to Quake 1 length, but maybe 8 to 10 of them this time, so that the game is satisfyingly long.
Make dev tools for the game, build the game with it, and then release them to the public for full mod support.
Multiplayer goes back to quake 1 - 3 roots. Doesn't have to be updated every month like Champions, just something to do every once in a while.

Attached: 1508474199423.jpg (219x241, 47K)

this is a test no i am not a shill i am testing a captcha bot please to ignore thank

I don't.

I ask the team that made Arcane Dimensions to do so instead.

Are you Strogg?

Attached: D1Bt-UtX0AA-oV9.jpg (464x448, 120K)

>What's your plan?
Probably play through the first two Quake games as I never had before, and contact Carmack because there isn't much chance for a success for a new Quake game if it isn't helmed by him.

Putting full focus on multiplayer does not seem like a good idea given how the new UT and Champion's fare. I'd guess I'd try to push for a middle ground between Dusk and nu-Doom if that makes any sense in terms of targeted audience and design approach.
But again, I don't know all that much about Quake to begin with.

Literally all Champions had to be was not slav spaghetti (strogonoff?) code and load in the gameplay of Champions as a mod as soon as the engine starts - so you can just sideload a different gameplay mod if you wished like the classic games.
No dedicated servers and no tools are utterly what fucked Champions
UT got fucked despite having that because they had NOTHING TO WORK WITH and expected the game to just make itself/the community to finish it while playing it in droves daily despite the game being literally unplayable - and also having no directors of any kind so you had dumb shit like bio gun being reworked five times in as many months and weapons being added and removed from the arsenal arbitrarily.

Also about DUSK and Doom16:
DUSK honestly isn't that good, the gunplay is slightly inferior because it's a super lubed up, frictionless shooting gallery deal, more like Turok or Goldeneye. It would be much better if weapons could be bound in a way that you pressed an ammo type instead of a specific key because it has a lot of guns but they overlap a lot in terms of use, so you may as well have one button cycle between double shotguns and double barrel shotgun for example (although why have both iunno). The main failing of DUSK I feel is how if you're going fast, you're going to shit on everything that doesn't have a tiny hitbox anyway, since they seem to prefer to throw dozens of enemies at you at once in anything not a corridor but they're not terribly great designs to begin with (slow fireball or walks-at-you or those fucking deer that can both melee and shoot).

Doom16 has a lot of cinematic over gameplay issues that disrupt the flow, a dumb pointless RPG mechanic that just gimps you forever till NG+ and the worst offense by far is all the levels are designed to look great but also work on consoles - so all the enemies trap you in rooms and spawn in waves like it's fucking DMC. Might be something if Doom was some kind of spectacle shooter like Bulletstorm was but that's not what you get.

I'd just give the license to the Diabotical guy since that's the last arena shooter we're ever going to get, and no one's going to play it because it looks too cartoonish and

Make the Dire Orb from Quake Champions a new central mechanic. It draws energy from a regenerating pool of mana which lets you use it up to two times in quick succession and fills up faster the more damage you do. You could use it more often on top of that even if you don't have the mana required, but then it'll drain your health. Since having a special telefrag tool is OP, if you activate the Dire Orb inside another enemy, both your positions will be switched (it will only telefrag for real if Quad Damage is active). So you could throw a Dire Orb at someone, jump into a bottomless pit, switch positions, and have that other enemy fall in your place.

Enemies can play on this by having enemies whose weak spot is behind their back or right on top of them, requiring a good Dire Orb throw to reposition yourself quickly to get a good angle at those weakspots. Some enemies will predict you're going to teleport behind them using the Dire Orb and will face towards it automatically, which you could exploit by throwing out a Dire Orb but choosing not to teleport.

Your axe can be made a slight bit more useful by leeching a small bit of HP on hit, knocking Ogre grenades back with the right timing, and a charged axe strike which pushes back enemies to create more space. It'd be controlled primarily through a quick melee button so you can swing and charge your axe while shooting.

Remove falling damage because it's lame. If you were to fall into a bottomless pit, the Dire Orb will activate automatically to teleport you to the last solid piece of ground you stood on at the expense of a small bit of health, so it works more like in Metroid Prime where pits aren't instant death.

Have some more enemy projectile variety, like attacks which need to be jumped over, projectiles which need to be shot down, attacks which you can slide under, and so on.

who cares just spawn a shitload of enemies and give totaly realistic weapons with a gazzilion of bullets

>and contact Carmack because there isn't much chance for a success for a new Quake game if it isn't helmed by him.
How so? All he did was to program the engine

id make everyone a black woman or a tranny

burn Sabre Interactive and destroy every trace of their spaghetti code game engine

Friendly reminder that Chris Vrenna of NIN did songs for the Quake Champions soundtrack and they're great. Too bad the game is shit. So shit that they removed his soundtrack lmao.
reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/comments/9e47oy/its_been_a_month_already_when_chris_vrennas/

youtube.com/watch?v=GbeBqThfJLQ

Which totally betrays the tone all the Quake games have.

This I can get behind. Anything movement related will always get a thumbs up from me.

Always wondered if you could cross Quake with a progression system and world of bloodborne. Meaning you can invest points into movement physics for example. Combine that with the regular known quakeweapons and add variations of said weapons with little extras like railguns that allow railjumping, different forms of nail/plasmaclimbing etc. Solid leveldesign should be a given for any fps game anyway, but it would be kinda cool if there would be parts of the world that are built similar to defrag maps, where you have to tackle different paths depending which weapons you have and what kind of movementsystem you specced into.

>how the new UT
its literally pre-alpha and all the devs got pulled off it to make fortnite BR which is the most successful game on the planet.

I'd probably make that a separate campaign or at least an option you can turn on and off.

>lets take the cool skillful movement shit that people learned and replace it with a teleport
wooooooooooooow great idea
i guess zoomers and xbox faggots would loev it as evidenced by quake was supposed to be an RPG believe it or not with hub world and stuff.

A sequel to Quake 2/4 because Quake 1 was shit.

based and bethesda/nu-id pilled
thanks for reminding me time to go buy a few more copies of the new wolfenstein where you play as BJ's daughters, just to get cucks to seeth
i think it'll do better BECAUSE it's cartoony, the fortnite audience might take to it, like Reflex.

>DUSK
dusk is pretty shitty desu
its like they took the cool maps and theme from blood and totally shat on it
and made a game that looks worse than quake 1

I'd procrastinate until it get's canceled so the franchise can rest in peace.

>implying
You can always rework it so that it isn't broken and isn't the be all and end all of movement. Imagine what could be done if you combined the traditional rocket jumping people do to usually complete quake levels but with a teleportation device as well. Could be a last episode item that has levels to compensate for it.

nu-id is still based though. Machine games are the cucks.

if you're referring to rocketjumping, you can't have singleplayer maps be balanced around them because you can't always expect the player to have enough HP for a rj without regenerating health of some kind, hence the need for an alternative which doesn't cost HP
and besides, bunnyhopping is more of a thing for MP, nobody except speedrunners really do so in SP because the levels usually aren't spacious enough for that

Elaborate

Levels shouldn't be balanced around rocket jumping though, the difficulty and replay in old id games was always in getting through levels as fast as possible, and rocket jumping tied into that by letting you trade health to skip part of the level. Letting you skip around the level for free is lame, and designing single player levels around whatever you have line of sight to sounds like hell.
Also the orb doesn't work like that and you don't want to fuck with lore autists.

Somehow have both strogg and outer gods.

Sequel to Quake 1.
Single player focused.

That's it.

Doom is somewhat straightforward, so to be distinguishable from it somehow needs to be different from that. Making it just a doom reskin would be bad in my opinion. I guess it could be more tactical, say you have a couple of soldiers under your command plus the ability to call fire support.

If Carmack goes for it, I believe he is competent enough to give your companions (and enemies too) a decent AI. In fact, realistic AI could easily become it's main feature.

The only hard part would be finding good balance between being able to ignore your companions and just go through the level alone and having to wait for them. There also should be minimum cutscenes, which would be hard to do when you have companions, but possible I believe.

edit the logo to have five nails
every weapon in the game will have 5 barrels
armor, hp, and ammo fluctuate in numbers divisible by 5
5 levels in the game
5 menu options
5 starting characters
5 weapons

hire death grips to do the OST since they're the modern equivalent of NIN

john carmack is not a game designer. john carmack did not design quake. quake was designed by john romero, sandy petersen, american mcgee, and tim willits

More Strogg kino. Fuck brown tech demo fanboys and fuck arena tryhards.

Attached: Glad_2.png (454x501, 266K)

I'd make it hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic quake heroes.

>epic quake heroes
eww

Who the FUCK said anything about game design? When it comes to making stuff *work* good - such as AI, you don't need game designers.

Romero is just a half-decent designer which didn't do fuck all aside from first person shooters.

Carmack is a programming god without whom Romero wouldn't get anywhere. If you think that first is more important, you're a retard.

Absolutely based and badass pilled.

>kino
What is it with you retards and this stupid Yea Forums shit? It means movie theater you dumb fuck. So you want to build movie theaters for the Strogg or what.
Sort yourself out, you memespouting shit.

Why not make UTBR?

>Carmack is a programming god without whom Romero wouldn't get anywhere.
nigga you are dumb as hell. carmack without romero is how you get horrible garbage like RAGE

Attached: 1518723831590.jpg (707x682, 81K)

>so you may as well have one button cycle between double shotguns and double barrel shotgun for example
That's exactly what I did when I played Dusk with Steam Controller.

Attached: 1558226437966.jpg (365x1024, 27K)

>mod support
>metroidvania level design
>grappling hook and dire orb for mobility
>portals and shit for perspective warping 'Lovecraftian' '4D' level design
>HUUH (at least have Trent voice Ranger/Quakeguy)
>use vulkan and not dx12
don't worry they're all about Vulkan

Attached: BzgEeJlIYAAA5T8.jpg (600x644, 30K)

>t. brainlet that can't comprehend that languages evolve

Attached: litty.jpg (1242x1432, 815K)

More like bethesda with anything is how you get horrible garbage like rage. But feel free to stay delusional.

Carmack clearly knows his shit, but the problem is that his whole schtick is making 3D renderers, that doesn't make a game good on it's own

Carmack is a tech head, not a game designer
He had zero influence on the game design aside from shoving arbitrary things like no use key for Quake and interactive GUIs for Doom 3

And without the rest of id, Romero included, Doom wouldn't have been the watershed game that it was. It would have been a neat engine like Build, without a good game around it.
I know Carmack is a clever little shit but he was already developing games before id was formed and they never managed to get any traction.
Those guys tested their games constantly by playing them, tweaking them, then playing them again. A solid foundation doesn't mean they weren't handcrafted by the whole team.
And doom wouldn't be shit without those character designs and tilesets, either.

*its
fuck

Quake 1 -like. No artifical pacing with skatepark-design, can run around the map as the design allows. May keep enemy counts low but make the behaviour more variable and dynamic. Low key but rich lore. Sorlag dating sim between levels. Mod support.

Champs had pretty good aesthetics and the core gameplay was in the right direction in theory. If they follow that, I have pretty strong faith innit.

Attached: sorlag tongue.png (722x564, 551K)

I'm not undermining the fact that the rest of the team did their job. They did. Still, Carmack was the most important figure there, not Romero. People tend to heavily overestimate the importance of Romero when in fact he did not do anything impressive on his own.

Make the action FPS RPG that they envisioned Quake 1 to be.
Basically think of an unholy mirage of Hexen (2) and Quake 1 with a bit more RPG elements, but not overly heavy on it with expanding on Quake 1's aesthetic.

>Sorlag dating sim between levels.
Absolutely based.

Attached: quake chewmpions.jpg (1000x805, 313K)

Q2 is more of a tech demo than 1 is

Quake 1 setting. make it 6DoF like descent, but be sure to make the dungeons open enough so it doesn't feel like you're in a basement. Or like, not open, but give it ventilation holes. Instead of just being in space or being in a castle, have a level that's in a castle floating in a lovecraftian void where you see great open areas whenever you look outside, and go outside for parts of it. Also fuck the map from doom 4, it just turned most of the game into an orienteering exercize as you scoured for collectibles. Fuck the upgrade system too, I hate that psuedo-rpg style of magical xp points that arbitrarily modify your abilties. You can have an upgrade system, but no magic XP points and all the bonuses need to be linked to visible physical objects, no "hurr your shotguns cooldown variable is now =+ 3".

Quake 5: Quake 1 2

Hear me out:
Outer god controlled Strogg

They seem to be doing fine without him, so that's debatable.

>generic cyber aliens
>that looks like humans anyway
Ah yes what 'kino'
what sterling creativity that game was
also it was orange
also it wasn't designed to be Quake, but they couldn't come up with a name
also it was mostly a tech demo to show off the engine
also they admitted that they got BTFO by Half Life

Attached: 1548145325033.png (1489x1685, 3.36M)

>Truly weird levels,
That'd be awesome, like in Prey 2006.

Everyone says for a Quake 1 style, but what would you want specifically?
>A soft retelling of Quake 1's events
>Ranger finally finding a slipgate home but eldritch abominations still infest his world
>A new Ranger years after the events of the first Quake, fighting against a new god

I'm not saying they're bad at their job either. They're good. But Carmack is better than just good.

generic cyber aliens > generic fantasy monsters
>also it wasn't designed to be Quake, but they couldn't come up with a name
Who gives a fuck?

Attached: strogged.jpg (1280x720, 252K)

don't
>rehash my favorite quake = people hate it
>rehash quake most the fanbase loves = people hate it
make a new franchise and fuck off with sequels or using the same names

Absolutely not. Most of the Strogg look the fucking same.

At least the monsters in 1 are visually distinct.

I wouldn't call Quake 1 enemies generic fantasy creatures. Can you attribute them to a generic fantasy creature? Yes. Are they of themselves a generic fantasy creature? Not most of them, or else I would be constantly filling my role playing games with Vores, Shamblers and fiends

I'd like something like that ties together all id titles.
I also want more weird truly lovecraftian shit instead of just Diablo 1 aesthetics with lovecraft gods' names slapped everywhere.

Attached: 1558904563525.gif (671x673, 29K)

Go back to the elder realms. Eldritch horrors >>> discount borg.

Pleb opinion. Also,
>Quake 1
>Generic fantasy
I forgot how you fight orcs and goblins and generic horned demons. Oh wait, it's not generic at all, dumbass.

No wait
Okay...
Quake 3
...but with crafting

Have levels that are non-euclidean, like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=-ut9zP93MgE

You can't have an arena fighter where the playing field isn't level regardless of the number of hours you grind.

Attached: 1552367442638.jpg (352x360, 98K)

base it around mesoamerican demons and shit, like the episode that was planned for quake 1 but got cut
aztec textures or something that they already had made, tired of generic sci fi shit in FPS

Some think it wouldn't be doable today, but I want absolutely zero plot. No long winded explanation. No "FOR HE WASETH THE QUAKE RANGER" bullshit. Just, here's a gun, oh look, these guys want you dead. Kill them first. Just really good ambiance and whatever plot you glean from it.

Attached: 1548469444839.gif (637x370, 1.95M)

But even the first Quake had plot

arena shooter* rather

I mean it is doable, but even most early 90's shooters had an explanation for why you are shooting shit, hence why the text scrolls between episodes in Doom and Quake.

Only whatever text appeared after killing the end boss of a chapter.

Big difference between that and all the doomslayer horseshit.

Guess so. The only time I found the Doomslayer stuff to get intrusive was anything to with Samuel Hayden. Stuff like the Night sentinels bowing to you or Olivia pierce being a fuckwit wasn't too bad because they were short as fuck, but god damn Hayden went on too much about you. If the entirety of the Doomslayer concept was relegated to only optional text logs, it would be way better. It'd be like the between episode text: 100% allowed to ignore.

They're already making Wrath.

wasn't strogg just an automated warfare remnant of some absent alien warlord race

>Make Quake 1: 2
>Take Doom 4 engine
>Dump HD Quake 1 weapons in it
>Add some cool powerups and upgrades
>Add in some cool movement mechanics
>Make glory kills a toggle feature and not something the game is built around
>Make weird abstract levels that are meant to unnerve the player and have creepy music instead of actiony music like Doom
>Story is told through the level details and in short paragraphs after you beat worlds instead of enemy descriptions and cutscenes
>Have the multiplayer be the same as singleplayer but in small arena levels and have it get propped up by mod support and private servers with a few official vanilla pubs

>generic fantasy monsters
lmao

Attached: 1555722941191.gif (440x404, 1.37M)

Don't think glory kills would work in the context of Quake. It kinda worked for Doom because the gore was a part of the game to begin with, but with Quake it is more haunting instead of straight up power fantasy.

>QC lore
>Ranger, Visor, Sorlag and Nyx try to escape arena eternal
>sort of straightforward arcadey feel to combat
>can switch between characters on run with different gameplay styles
>no story but the characters throw quips
Might be just me but I'm thinking of sort of like darker first person action-focused Trine.

Me on the other hand didn't care about Hayden that much, while the Night Sentinels part felt forced and unimmersive. Even if the Evil Dead 3 vibe I got from of it was kinda neat.

most of AD's maps are far from perfect, though.

Attached: quake champions - simpsons.jpg (1200x900, 985K)

Make Galena the player character instead.

Attached: galena4k.png (1612x1681, 2.67M)

>Might be just me but I'm thinking of sort of like darker first person action-focused Trine.
daikatana

To be fair I'm trying to think like Bethesda, so a lot of Doom 4 rehashing and most of the other shit I typed being the best we could hope for

Outsource some of the maps to American McGee.

Is he still doing work?

Thank god, I never played it

Attached: buy a car from me.jpg (480x453, 66K)

That's what quake 1 always was to me
I was shocked to find out over 20 years later that it had a starting plot
(which ruins the mood and setting to me)
For me it was just a guy with a boomstick in a forlorn world outside of time
All he ever knew was going forward and shooting monsters

I don't think so, he's mostly doing shitty Chinese phone games and stuff now IIRC. He regularly retweets stuff related to Quake 1 and Q1SP mapping, though, and I bet that bastard could still make some good maps.

>>Make glory kills
jesus christ

I wonder if Bad Day LA still follows him like a fart that never goes away.

SHAMBLIN' NIGGAS

baseq3 and redpilled

Attached: 1530216092099.jpg (590x601, 32K)

Everyone who was at id in their heyday has a game they're ashamed of, really.

I've only played quake one and two so I'd make it like those and just ask Yea Forums what they'd want in it

>not idbase and redPAKed

Attached: 1523233894325.png (742x491, 12K)

Reminder to play QL and not QC

youtube.com/watch?v=uD3NVVfZUDs

Attached: file.png (450x450, 210K)

forced

>mfw Scrapland 2 never

Attached: 1519932189432.jpg (177x170, 6K)

>play my buggy dead mess instead of the one that has even a quantum of possibility of driving Quake into relevance zone again

Attached: hero.jpg (708x588, 67K)

Actually remake quake one and two using Nvidia RTX so that zoom zooms can enjoy the classics with prettier graphics.

Its just not very fun with more than 90% of the playerbase being russian veterans. You feel like alone in another country.

youtube.com/watch?v=BRCAfdBMe2Y might actually check it out, been a while since I played quake 2

I ... I played scrapland.

Attached: 90.gif (245x240, 1.88M)

Quake champions but not retarded and with campaign.

This. Quake Engine + SDK, leave the rest to our autism.

Attached: lamerkatz.jpg (640x480, 18K)

I've actually written a fairly in depth plot outline/design doc for Q5 as a writing excercise.

From that same link
>We're just letting everybody experience Andrew Hulshult's new material for a little while. Both will be available in-game in good time
5 seconds in google
>quake.bethesda.net/en/news/2RC4KZ6FhD1xuO05coZSFw
>Soundtrack Selection support, and the return of Chris Vrenna’s Soundtrack
You retarded nigger.

What's the fucking point of this Q3: Vasyan Edition when Q3 exists? It could've been "modernized" re-release but when I tried it back in early 2010s it was fucking BROWSER Quake that tried to sell me a fucking subscription.
Arena Quake series is such a miserable mess these days, there are TWO versions of Q3, expansion that everybody forgot about, scrapped(?) Nu-Doom's multiplayer that was basically a prototype of QC from what I remember and finally QC itself with its fucked up release and never-ending pre-alpha. Next multiplayer Quake should be outsourced to Valve because they at least know how to sell decades old multiplayer games to modern audience while keeping it essentially the same.

Attached: 1558573520207.jpg (250x246, 56K)

>Visor
>Escaping arena
He come there om purpose.
Ranger comes home only to find that all other humans became strogs. Also this

who /diabotical/ here?

Attached: file.png (600x333, 277K)

QL basically is a modernized Q3 now that it costs $10 instead of locking half the maps until you subscribe or some shit.
I wish they'd just remaster the old Quakes though, I'd pay for Q2 with unlagged netcode and a map pool that wasn't 90% garbage. They could even make the railgun a projectile for that authentic shitty 1998 dial up feel.

I'ma gonna SHOOT

>Valve

Kill yourself dude

Hire the arcane dimensions team for level design and unironically

doesn't the q2 railgun literally have a delay before firing after you shoot? that's the feel

>Make a soft reboot of Q1
>incorporate closed and medium-opened spaces to effectively use raytraycing
>lone, Average Joe soldier, afraid of his life, put into Cthulhu horror mythos
>fast-paced gameplay similar to Doom (2016) but with all physics quirks of id Tech 2-5
Overall, something akin to this youtube.com/watch?v=cmAvyk8S_V4 but with more fleshed out story

Attached: 1549888787222.jpg (1280x960, 1.03M)

Yes, it's part of what keeps the Q2 rail balanced against how strong it is.

They should just remake Quake 1, 2 and 3

Q4 and QC were garbage

>quake
wtf year is this

Attached: boom.jpg (250x229, 10K)

KEK

I do like the idea of going back to quake1 but I want to go even further and turn it into an RPG experience with magical hammers like the initial concept.

Attached: pc_gamer_vol_2_no_10_october_1995_us_64.jpg (1500x2113, 442K)

And neither does Doom 2016

It's a MOBA battle royale with lootboxes just so I can watch quake fans seethe

what is this pic

what mod

Shambler
quakeone.com/reforged/index.html
Probably used with DarkPlaces mod