Thought?

Thought?

Attached: 220px-Fallout_76_cover.jpg (220x270, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Roleplaying
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Clearly they didn't, or this dumpster fire would have never seen the light of day

Never played it, never will.

No.

I'd prefer not to thank you very much.

It's better now. 6 months of patches and "free" DLC has made it a decent game. I'm glad the development team isn't abandoning it like Anthem and I look forwards to playing it again tomorrow.

What's changed and what free dlc

I would get it if it went on sale

>if it went on sale
it went on sale 2 weeks after it came out. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't in the bargain bin by now

Pretty sure you're talking about No Man's Sky

>"Fallout" 76
>Good
If I was the leader of a country and you lived there I would throw your whole family in jail and throw away the key for saying that.

>6 months of patches and "free" DLC has made it a decent game
Nice try, Todd. It's still not worth your time.

They released a shit-load of bug fixes, added in a survival mode gametype that removes the pvp restrictions and gives bonus exp, as well as other shit like fast travel being restricted to vault 76, your camp, and train stations. They added in extra side-quests, items, monsters, and you can wear a backpack that gives utility, like a fridge to keep your food from spoiling. There's more shit supposed to be coming in June too, like a third gamemode.

>Pretty sure you're talking about No Man's Sky
I hope this game becomes the next no mans sky. Maybe in another 6 months.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I genuinely hate people like you.

Come on, it's not THAT bad.
To be fair it is gorgeous and a clever way to prequel FO and for Bethesda to attempt to MMO in that world

Long time fans are gonna play with there friends anyway? Right?

>hating someone because they enjoy something you dislike

Either way, it's ok to like bad games.

I'll buy it when it's on Steam.

Attached: bethesda_steam.png (632x384, 51K)

It took NMS 2 years minimum to get to where it is now. I doubt Bethesda will bother to work that hard.

Oh shit nice. If it gets steam traction, we'll get new players and that means finally seeing people in the first areas again. Damn it's so lonely.

>the Atomic Shop added in pay-to-win Repair Kits
I sure see how they're improving the game, user.

I'm poor atm so I bought an Xbox but if it goes cross platform I'll officially crap my pants

Personally I wouldn't play it if it was free.

Other than that, given the short development cycle and the absolute shit-show that was the game's launch, I have a suspicion that something else was going on here other than a quick cash grab. I suspect (with no evidence) that 76 exists solely to satisfy some sort of contractual obligation to Black Isle Studio after they sued them and reached an undisclosed agreement with them to prevent them from releasing their own Fallout MMO.

>a clever way to prequel FO
Making a "every faction you knew from the other games is already established and dead" thing for your prequel is a terrible way to make a prequel, user.
They could have made it so the factions weren't a thing back then since the Vault 76 boys are meant to be the first vault dwellers to exit their vault, but nope, can't alienate fans that only know the Brotherhood of Steel as Fallout.

Well you guys have /r/fo76, discord and /fog/, still not enough people for you?

What's up with all the crazy roleplayers btw?

Even if they did it would still be buggy and have microtransactions.

>What's up with all the crazy roleplayers btw?
When you play a game that time consuming with so little in the way of actual fun you grow increasingly desperate in trying to make your own.

that ninja stream was so bad it was good

>MMO

that's a naw for me dawg, after the utter shitshow of this game's release + Elder Scrolls: Blades shitty mobile game now, both having absolutely AIDs monetization, I have completely lost faith in the toddster and shan't be playing any more of their games unless they have a renaissance so strong that it becomes a meme and they become known as "new bethesda"

Would play it if they actually patch in a decent fucking respec system. I can’t be assed to slog 70 fucking level just to use big guns.

Attached: 2C3AD03A-556F-465B-8C89-A348DB79AB96.jpg (238x357, 26K)

>released bug fixes
You mean attempted to fix their dumpster fire of a game? You act like bug fixes are a feature. Fuck you, Todd.

Reminds me of this.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Roleplaying

Yeah repair kits are gay as shit.

got it for a 20, I consider that worth seeing the clusterfuck that was 76.
But: I don't know why they've made it so hard to get cash/ammo/repairs. It's unbearably slow and comes to a grinding halt because you need to make sure that your weapons/ammo/caps don't run out the WHOLE time.
Legit the most fun I had with the game, was when you could underflow your weight limit for unlimited carry weight. Just picking up everything and eventually trashing/selling it made it MUCH more compelling that the god damn "find 3 weapons and you're full" that game has now.

How does the phrase "released bug fixes" not mean the same thing as fixing the game? but fixes aern't a feature I was mearly pointing out that they're trying to fix the game.

>dev tries to fix product
>user gets mad

Just wait until they start selling you increased carry weight in the cash shop, user.

I wish it was half as good as TES Online.

I don't think so. Not at all.
I feel like it's a genuine Crack at ,not just an original FO game, but an attempt to created a whole new branch of this type of FO. But I could be wrong.
But giving all the controversy and bs in the beginning I think Bethesda gave nay sayers a BIG fuck you purposely.
Some obvious bad game play calls were made,yes. But it I hope it heals itself over time, I like it

Fun, but only if you hate Bethesda games. The least Bethesda-like out of all of them. No forced homosexual story, just wander around like a dickhead and live your life. Needs more systems and enemy variety. Also the most detailed world Bethesda has ever created.
You shouldn't buy it though based off of their Business practices and slowness to add and update things. I'm only out $15 to Russians and I got my fun/regularly get some fun out of it. Survival mode was poorly implemented and needed wipes, but there's some good times that can be had so long as you're not being sniped by the predator every 5 minutes.

Attached: 1ne9ll.jpg (560x315, 73K)

But that decision the have all robot fucking NCPs was stoooopid
I felt that 20 minutes in

Apparently in the roadmap they're adding in actual human NPC's.

So what are the chances after Fallout 4 being meh, 76 being a flaming shitheap and Blades being bland mobage that Elder Scrolls 6 or Starfield will actuallly be good video games?

Hey Todd any Starfield leak?

It's fun to explore but the quests are boring and shit. It's like a multiplayer fallout without the story.

frig off rick

It's Bethesda, user. Not a single game they've made recently is actually good. Daggerfall was kinda ok.

If starfield sucks or ES6 I'm done with Bethesda.
How could they screw that up

I'm just curious how/if Bethesda will address the shitstorm this game caused at their conference

>I'm only out $15 to Russians
True that. Bethesda launcher has no regional restrictions and all regional versions of FO76 are technically identical (include all languages etc). Literally the only difference is the price you're paying. You can activate a RU key in the US without any VPN and just play the game normally.

I enjoyed the time I spent with it before the new year, and I think I got my money's worth for my purchase. I won't say it's a particularly good game, or that it's for everyone, but I will say I regret being such a massive pushover and buying it a second time because my friends wanted to play it on PC with me.
God, I was stupid.

I kinda of agree, I get it. But it is ,to me, a kinda of game that's "open". Like it could flip the switch and add all the story line it wants

I fucking hope so

I wish I could be as optimistic as you but with the bullshit Bethesda has pulled I just can't.
Making games known for having mods as their lifeblood only to then launch a platform that allows them to charge for them, for content other people made was too much.

To the people playing this.

Do you literally just walk around the empty world and think of a story in your head? Is it play-pretend for you?

Or do you just stay on mic 100% of the time while you're going through your daily grinding loop?

Well just for the record, i lived in WV for 12ish years now and they did a pretty good job at catching the flavor of it. It looks like it. WV is a pretty place

I mean the other vaults HAVE To have some form of people in them.

The exploration is key selling point.
I don't even mic at all. Junking and building your camp is pretty desu. But exploring is rewarding

I don't do either. I just wander around, visit areas I've not explored yet, and loot the place.

You know, I was thinking. Vault 76 was the only vault with no experiment happening. What if the entirety of Fallout 76 is actually a simulation and that's why everyone but the other players is a corpse or a bot?

honestly i dont mind these kind of games, how's the exploration and gunplay?

All their previous games after Morrowind were just pure garbage. What else would you expect? They will never improve, because they conquered the normie world with a single hit game, now they think they can repeat the success by using the same blueprint. They have zero creative value, so it's all going to be garbage.

There are other players on the server dude, we either go hunt legendaries, drop a nuke, or get into fights with other players. The "story" writes itself. Especially because it's a fucking Gamebryo fucking game and the engine can't handle but 4 entities doing something at once so you get a scorpion stretching out into the skybox while the spawner forgets it hasn't spawned a horde of Super Mutants in a while, so the next town you visit has 4 fucking hordes in it.

Don't you find it disappointing that your camp has no permanency on the world? You can't have little player-made villages.

I JUST yesterday was on a mission somewhere in Morgantown and found the remains of same lady of charge of some gang BUT. She wasn't completely decomposed like other bodies. So that's a good sign

was it like, just a regular dead npc?

All the sound of the guns and world plus crafting your own shit =dope

Exactly what 76 is for tho. A new type of FO or Bethesda for that matter. I think

go back to r/fo76 and stay there you fucking cumguzzler

Like it's been said in the thread. I don't recommend ever buying the game. It's not good. You won't get any revolutionary gameplay out of it. The guns "work" they aren't amazing to shoot. The melee "works" it's not amazing to play a melee character. About the only truly "fun" idea the game has is the fact that you can become a liquormancer and how they handled Charisma, but that requires a party to really shine.

If you have to defend a game by saying it's not THAT bad, it's bad.

Yea actually pretty gay. But you team up with ppl and mantain the same camp
If you want to

>and how they handled Charisma
What's interesting about it?

Is it true that repair kits are Atom Shop only?

Are there any other paywalled gameplay features?

I guess. All I know is there were othersome from this same gang in the same room , totally rotted and colorless. And she was right there dead for I'd say month?

Because there's no one to talk to but other players and robots, Charisma moves from persuasion and double dealing to buffing the party and healing. Sure there's perks to get you better deals on shit in there as well, but it revolves around resing people with regen or increased DT, giving everyone DT so long as they're in range, becoming the liquor wizard or taming wild animals to fight for you

Let them stay. It's fun to observe the mental gymnastics they're going through.

I'll admit. It's not NOT single player game if you can't stomach it, I mostly do.

>requires a party to really shine
literally "it's fun with friends"

just about anything is

Attached: donald_rubber_cement.png (600x430, 312K)

They're determined to use the same horrible engine for their next two big games. Because of this, they will definitely rely on mod support. As we see now, they have paid mods all figured out, so enjoy your Day 1 mod shop in all of their future games from now on.
There's no way they can salvage this situation right now. Well, there is a way, if you terminate Pagliarulo, Hines, Altman and probably some other executives, bring real content creators to the company. But we all know this scenario is impossible.

They are and no there is isn't. And I hope it stayed that way. The pay to win repair kits are bad enough. There's same challege lacking there

How did the Creation Club even take off? I remember there being some heavy backlash when it was announced.

They decided not to listen to feedback.

More like whales voted with their wallets. Same as everywhere else.

The closest we've ever gotten to another Tortanic.
I've gotten more entertainment out of watching this trashfire of a game from the sidelines than actually playing it could ever provide. Seeing all the "THEY FIXED IT YOU GUYS IT'S GOOD NOW" from the Stockholm syndrome fanbase just makes it even more hilarious.

them problem i find troubles me the most with this game is the C.A.M.P

its ridiculous. they should have either made it a full blown survival sim with permanent worlds/servers or got rid of it all together and added more NPC's and hubs. they couldve kept the gay ass CAMP shit with its gay ass limit if they just added more NPC's and hubs. fucking DISAPPOINT.

Dogshit, next game please Tod-sama

>Apparently in the roadmap they're adding in actual human NPC's.
Sauce?

still runs like shit, buddy

it's shit, it should burn

The most pathetic thing Yea Forums could get is moronic group think of spastics who have nothing going for their lives.
If you are not interest in video games, leave this channel and fuck off forever you tumblerites who rage at literally everything.

>disliking fallout 76 is hating video games
Please take your autism to the general

Where did you copypaste this from, I wonder

Attached: 40e8c.jpg (295x308, 85K)

Attached: autism.png (500x460, 25K)

Imagine being so sensitive

Attached: fee72.png (387x350, 142K)

its amaaaazing! gamer girls like me love it!
if youre playing fallout 76 you are definitely my type!

Attached: mrsbeth.jpg (448x448, 21K)

>literally everyone else is either shitting on 76 or neutral
>you post with this

Todd take off that wig, you're not fooling anyone

stay seething.

based as fuck, gonna buy more credits for fallout 76 for a shirt

Ahaha their launcher failed so hard they're already abandoning it

Misquoted, meant for

Why is this game maxing my 6gb vram on high textures? Can't play with these stutters

Not to mention OP is literally asking for people's thoughts. People who post that picture are retarded more often than not

forgot to add a pic

Attached: 1558461681700.jpg (1242x1279, 465K)

It's a shame they're bringing FO76 with them

so everyone else in this thread

i forget it exists until some jackass mentions it

G2A sells it for 16€ should I get it? I even enjoyed fallout 4 even if it was a shit role playing game

>walk into an alley where people are being shanked
>shittalk shankers
>get shanked
>how could people come here to shank others

It's Fallout4 multiplayer. So yes.

FO76 is a less fun fallout 4 that's always online. Also I hope you enjoy pay to win kits

>I even enjoyed fallout 4

Oh I'm sure someone like you would enjoy it, then

Attached: 02b4.jpg (280x297, 66K)