You won't be able to play PS3/PS4 games online after their servers will be permanently shut down because those games...

>You won't be able to play PS3/PS4 games online after their servers will be permanently shut down because those games don't support LAN which is what allows us to still play PS2 and original Xbox games online using programs like XLink

OH FUCK

Attached: 4 (1).jpg (600x600, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Hawk's_Pro_Skater_5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You just figured this out? This is what I try to explain to "Muh Physical Media" fags when I try to explain that the disk they have is worthless because most of the game lives on an update server and that disk has like 25% of the game on it

At least we will still have multiplayer with AI bots, right? R-right?

You do realize single player games exist, right?

You realize they still get patched with day 1 updates that are 20-50gbs that's a good chunk of the game

wasn't ps3/xbox360 the height of LAN play? you can make lobbies in most games

Name 1 singleplayer game that received significant non-DLC updates

Thank god that Nintendo pioneered anti-consumer tactics and shut down the wii online network already. None of you fags did or said anything. Why would any other company not copycat Nintendo? Nintendo is so based.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Hawk's_Pro_Skater_5 read the story of this game. Then think weither this is an outlier or not because it most certainly isn't in this industry

spyro reignited
it was shipped half done.

Because anyone can pirate a fucking Wii and download everything there was to be downloaded, retard.

Oh yeah that's why Nintendo shut it down, because they really assumed all the Wii owners were softmoding it. No they aren't just cheapskates or anything

what does that have to do with online multiplayer

didn’t it coincide with gamespy shutting down?

I don't remember but possibly

You technically don't own any game these days. You're just renting the rights to play it. Once everything shuts down, you won't be able to play fuck all.

jesus christ

You expect companies to keep supporting dead hardware online forever?

You never owned anything besides the plastic the data was on.

It hasn't half done
It was literally 1/3 of the game

pc doesn't have this problem

Hitman 2016 during its episode release had lots of free updates over two years, most of them changed how the game's mechanics work. Im not talking about the episodes by the way

No I don't but that's why I stopped expecting consoles to have any sorta longevity for playing the classics

This is why you don't buy Sony. Just don't do it. When will Yea Forums learn?

>implying no publishers will go bankrupt and shutdown their download servers

yes, supporting those server daemons costs almost nothing nowadays in the era of the cloud

>implying i can't copy any game worth playing file's from some guy online

Literally okay when Nintendo does it. Kys

it's easier to emulate pc servers and a lot of times the devs can hand off the server source code to individuals to keep it alive

ideally all game servers would be open-source and only the content they load would be proprietary

>WAAAAAH I WANT TO KEEP PLAYING MARIO KART DS ONLINE!!!

You never owned anything at all, ownership is an illusion

Most game consoles are reversed engineered to shit long before their servers go offline, making copying the game from some guy online just as possible.

Multiplayer servers can be emulated but it's getting harder to do on all platforms. Most PC games don't do LAN anymore either.

Attached: xband.jpg (480x360, 33K)

this, but unironically

Height of LAN play was Nintendo 64 era, it was the only multiplayer option at the time, PS 3 and Xbox 360 supported online from the start, so LAN was always an afterthought in their games

this.
Some PC games are even DRM free. And even the most DRM ridden games can be cracked and tweaked to run online using VLAN. But because I have it on a hardrive instead of an optical disk. the 10x as oppressive DRM of consoles doesn't count.

>most PC games don't do lan
That's fine I'll just host the server myself lol. They still have lan

You wont be able to play PS3 games in a decent state at all when the patch servers go offline.

>you own everything, intellectual property is a spook

Imagine caring about this at all. It's pixels on a fucking screen. There will be no pixels. You DO NOT play PS2 games online and if you do, you're only doing it to be contrarian.

>playing online

Well, the social fags deserve to suffer, hehe.

Attached: IMG_20170729_074457.jpg (1200x675, 151K)

They're always so quick to tell me I don't own my steam library (I do) and that steam is DRM then I tell them PSN is the same shit but worse because you can only use PSN and all I hear is "but I can take it and sell it to gamestop." Like I can buy and sell steam accounts on Ebay your point?

Waiting for the "Nintendo stole all my pokemon" lawsuit

Attached: popcorn-nigger.gif (301x250, 1.31M)

And they tend to have 20gb patches that make the game unplayable otherwise? Tell me 5 games that don't have impactful updates. Singleplayer.

I haven't sold a game since I sold Link's awakening and regretted it.

Resident Evil Outbreak has a higher player count now than when the real servers were up.

I really doubt anyone actually cares. You're literally making arguments up to be offended.

gamespy was way earlier. I remember because Microsoft came through to help people set up their own Halo CE servers.

Resident Evil Outbreak is even better now than on original PS2 servers

I'm not making up shit these retards reach higher than Yao Ming. You really gonna doubt people's ability to be retarded?

If you weren't underage, you'd know that it was because of what said. GameSpy hosted literally all Nintendo's DS/Wii servers

GameSpy*

Netplay will fix that

>if you weren't underaged
Fuck off I'm sorry I don't know anything about baby toys, I remember when gamespy shut down it ruined alot better games than anything available on the Wii