GOG Summer Sale bread

>post wishlists
>ask for recs
>don't forget your free game

Attached: gogsale.jpg (1200x1200, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/forum/general/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens_v2
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zjwUN1mtJdCkgtTDRB2IoFp7PP41fraY-oFNY00fEkI/edit#gid=0
gog.com/forum/general/witcher_3_official_retail_pc_faq
gog.com/game/inquisitor
fanatical.com/en/bundle/fanatical-anthology-fantasy-bundle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't use GOG so I don't care.

Just as warning.
gog.com/forum/general/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens_v2
A Hat in Time's Online Party heavily relies on voodoo code from Steamworks API that not even consoles' middleware has achieved yet.

>walking through mall
>see women's clothing store
>walk in and go to counter
>'i don't wear womens clothing'
>walk out
>owned.jpg
This is you

You guys think they'll ever add Dark Souls PTD?

Alright, I'll bite, hit me with some recs. What are the best/most notable games on sale?

>Japs
>DRM-free

Attached: 733[1].png (584x552, 776K)

Here are the bestsellers right now
No clue why the HoMM games aren't on sale

Attached: 1.jpg (720x1025, 344K)

Mostly everything by Amanita Design.

>No connect update
Who gives a shit.

there are a shitload of bargains if you like old games

Any underrated stuff I should know about? I've already played Ori. I have The Witcher 3 on Steam. Ironically it was one of the first things I bought on my Steam account but I still haven't played it.

Maybe Galaxy 2.0 will fix some of these.

Attached: BrokenClumsyHydatidtapeworm-size_restricted[1].gif (480x272, 728K)

Since it's a curated game collection could we meme a game onto their store?

I want god damn Planet Coaster but I don't want to have to go through Steam for the game. Pirating it seems like my only option

I would fucking hate a bigger presence of Galaxy-based multiplayer, since it's DRM and there are DRM-free ways to do multiplayer (RakNet, Qtracker, Direct IP, LAN).
And most of the stuff there is missing DLC, languages, Mac and Linux builds (outdated too) and region locks (mostly in Japan and China, but there are some in South Africa).

>free game

Attached: 1432347738379.jpg (422x352, 39K)

Planet coaster isn't as good as people say. Rollercoaster Tycoon is still the gold standard

>All versions require Steam and Denuvo Anti-Tamper DRM
Something tells me that they aren't really interested in a DRM-free release, but maybe it's just me.

There's a big button to claim it on the homepage, you can't miss it

How do they still not have Skyrim?

Because Todd doesn't want it to release it DRM-free.

You know how

Attached: todd.jpg (680x680, 38K)

I thought you wanted me to buy it again, Todd.

>see man walking through mall
>see man see women's clothing store
>see man walk in and go to counter
>see man say 'i don't wear womens clothing'
>see man walk out
>owned.jpg
>stop man
>demonstrate everything the man just did to the man again.
>owned.png
This is you

Not sure if on sale but check out Nox. Might be nostalgia goggles, but I love it. one of the most soulful games I've played

You cared enough to bother to reply.

>I would fucking hate a bigger presence of Galaxy-based multiplayer, since it's DRM
What?
Galaxy 2.0 is emphasising cross platform communication. You're supposed to be able to message people's PS accounts and stuff. I was saying it might have cross platform play with steam.

Galaxy-based multiplayer verifies if you have ownership. That's the very definition of DRM.
>I was saying it might have cross platform play with steam.
They already do. Rise of the Triad (2013) and Blood: Fresh Supply have it. It's up to the developers and publishers.

how can you play the game if you don't own it
even if you pirate you own the game

Galaxy verifies whether or not you have the game in your account in case you decide to go multiplayer.

Bogpill me on Die by the Sword and Shogo. Both have been sitting on my wishlist forever

Attached: 51EKHXMCA4L._AC_SY400_.jpg (330x400, 35K)

I can speak for Die by the Sword since I bought it on retail like 7-10 years ago new on a store. The controls aged like milk.

Isn't it just mouse aiming your sword? The controls are the only reason I'm even interested in it

Oddworld Strangers Wrath is pretty cool

Shogo was good when I was a kid and played with god mode on. Nowadays the shooting mechanics have aged like milk, same with Blood 2.

go buy shogo now. I got it almost 20 years ago bundled woth septera core for $10 and have never been more happy with a random pick up.

You might want to delete that image, dawg.
Remember to inspect element to delete that bar.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-31 GOG com.png (1332x528, 1024K)

Done

What was it?

Bullfrog library

someone want to buy me the saboteur?

[email protected] is my account

all games in gog are free

Attached: noremorsedvd.jpg (1200x806, 191K)

No

sent

buy me the game please

I wish those games had mouse aiming

Thanks Gearbox Software.

>because no one has ever pirated any Steam game, ever

Attached: rott dn3dae.png (662x432, 368K)

Shogo plays like shit and it takes some tweaking to make it playable on modern hardware but its worth playing just for the gimmick

then why the fuck did you post here you faggot?

Attached: why.jpg (300x300, 47K)

>I wish those games had mouse aiming
Same

Sent ;)

haven't got anything yet

Weird, I definitely sent it. [email protected], right?

no no gmail

Ohhh damn, that was my last $5. Sorry bro...

Should I get Witcher 3 now that it's on sale? I never played 1 and 2.

Also Atom Rpg looks nice, is it worth it? All of these oldschool rpgs look like a steal right now, I might be able to afford 1.

Project Warlock worth it?

>See man go into women's clothing store
>Actually a woman(male)
>It's (You)

Seethe more you witless member of the 40%

It's very good for that price

Not sure how a 2016 game is still only 30% on sales, but Ys8 is a hell of a game if you like ARPGs.

>buy A Hat In Time on GOG
>get excited for the online party DLC
>pre-order it
>it comes out
>no MP support for GOG version
>no mod support
>devs say "stay tuned it's def coming in the future someday maybe lol"
>while everyone else is having tons of fun playing online on Steam and hunting for rare stickers
>mfw

Attached: pepe_sad_hd.png (2560x2489, 553K)

I want to support DRM-free but I'm broke and I have too many games on shiteam anyway. Please donate to developers where I can't, lads

I'M GETTING EARTHWORM JIM 3D AN YOU CAN'T STOP ME

Lmao why the fuck would anybody use GOG
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zjwUN1mtJdCkgtTDRB2IoFp7PP41fraY-oFNY00fEkI/edit#gid=0

Hey man I sent it to you, let me know if you get it

Because most of the time they're the only store that has DRM-free versions and because most of the stuff there is quite irrelevant to me to be, quite honestly. Eat shit, Steamtard.

>muh DRM free
>still need a launcher to play online or earn achievements
What's the fucking difference?

It's better because... contrarian reasons? More likely than not you're just gonna get shafted like this dude here

Why wouldn't you treat GoG as 2nd rate customers? Nep and Hat in Time are right to do so.

lmao that list is almost up to 400 entries now

was 300 only a few months back, how the fuck is the situation only getting worse

>new GOG sale starts
>still nothing on GOG Connect

Attached: nailedit.png (498x568, 345K)

It's dead, Jim.

It's just lazy devs
With gog 2.0 or whatever everything will be on connect

>Obduction
>missing digital art book
Okay. I literally couldn't care less.

I'm not going to pay money for the Steam version, just for a PDF full of Jpegs, when GOG is giving away the actual game (i.e. the only part that matters) for free.

>muh DRM free
Yeah, I like to not to have a fucking launcher.
>still need a launcher to play online
There are several games that have Galaxy-less multiplayer.
>earn achievements
Fuck off, zoomer.
>More likely than not you're just gonna get shafted like this dude here
So far, I haven't.

Have sex.

I hear Quern is better than Obduction. Someone who's played them, fill me in.

>several games
Name 1 (one)

>With gog 2.0 or whatever everything will be on connect
That's literally not true, but nice try. Importing links to all your Steam games into GOG Galaxy isn't going to make those games DRM-free. It's just a proprietary alternative to Playnite with some extra features.

WarCraft 2: Battle.net Edition.

Played this shit on an MS-DOS computer in the 90s with my older brother. Damn.

GOG connect seems abandoned for a while
probably since the insectoid store launch

How much of this is GOG's fault? I mean, while it's possible that all of these publishers are just lazy scumfucks who dump their games on GOG and forget about them, I wonder if something about publishing updates on GOG makes these publishers not want to do it. Maybe the process is somehow more manual than on Steam so they just don't bother. Or maybe the developers really are just cunts who only push updates to the store that gives them the most sales.

I missed a few good rounds of GOG Connect and I'm still mad.

>Or maybe the developers really are just cunts who only push updates to the store that gives them the most sales.
This, but not always is about being a cunt but a lack of resources.

i literally have the gog sublerdit in my bookmarks for this very purpose

>missing paid soundtrack DLCs
>mattering

Attached: 1388112650580.gif (250x250, 993K)

Galaxy is nothing like Steamworks and nowhere as feature complete.

Also, if 95% of your player base is going to be on Steam, why even bother supporting a completely different MP API. Especially if you're an indie dev with limited resources.

How else would achievement earning work if the game itself doesn't have its own internal achievements (most games don't)?

>Galaxy is nothing like Steamworks and nowhere as feature complete.
True, however, there are open source and/or freeware tools to make a functional DRM-free multiplayer.

>Not rss feed
Step it up senpai

still waiting patiently for someone to gift me the game XD

agreed, but I stopped reading blogs a long time ago
it was all shilling and paid articles
my only rss feed is the barter.vg bundle list and the trades

>Dust: An Elysian Tail is distributed by Microsoft Studios on Steam and Humble Store, but self-published on GOG.com
>Ori and the Blind Forest is published by THQ Nordic on GOG for some reason
Why does Microsoft doesn't want to have anything to do with GOG?

Nice observation, I suppose they're just being cautious/not eager to jump on the whole FCK DRM meme bandwagon that is bound to end up in flames.

>bound to end up in flames
I do worry about based gog in this regard, they're really handing out the keys to put them out of business, relying on people's good nature

>FCK DRM
It's just an edgy retarded website. Only one store got mad to the point that asked to be removed from it.

Why can't you afford it

Page 10 bump with a reminder that Arc System Works refuses to sell to GOG.com, so if you want BlazBlue Calamity Trigger this is a very good chance to get it.

Sent ;)

Diablo 1 yes/no?

considering these but i don't know if i wanna spend this much

Attached: boomershooter.png (1073x334, 115K)

Does the GoG version of SiN come with the episodes?

No, Episodes is Steam only.

description mentions Wages of Sin but nothing else

>Clive Barker's Undying, that cheap
I think I paid more for it a couple of years ago, and I still haven't gotten around to playing it. Too many other cheap-ass games shoved down my throat. Being limited by time instead of money is the true suffering.

i already have a mile-wide back catalogue but i can't resist some good fps this cheap

Sale my ass, I get GOG installers 100% all year round from GOD
Steam, Epic, GOG....its all cancer

>from GOD
wtf I love going to church now

planet coaster is a giant fucking scam with little content and feels like a tech demo that locked about 60% of the game through DLC.. get the polygon looking game instead, that one was actually super fucking great and basically a 3D remixing of RCT 1-2 with added mechanics.

>I hate every store but I only urge people to pirate games in GOG threads

Attached: (You).png (540x405, 427K)

I just hope HoMM 3 will be a daily sale or something.

Attached: 1552572492891.png (633x874, 64K)

Good old downloads is dead faggot

kek

Not anymore, it is on TOR

Attached: its back.png (958x692, 756K)

god-games is there but the selection is garbo in comparison to the old, real one

lol what a fucking retard

amen

Why would I use GOG when I can pirate?

because gog is easier and more comfortable.

>why would i buy food when i can steal
>why would i buy a house when i can sleep on a bench
>why would i drive a car when i can walk

>easier
no it isn't, and piracy would be even easier yet if it were legal because it would be further innovated and improved, on top of the fact by pirating you get to play the game without having to financially reward scummy practices like charging for a download
>more comfortable
how?

Why would you post about piracy only in GOG threads when you can pirate other stores' games too?

food, houses, and cars are finite and have scarcity, a GOG installer has infinite supply and 0 scarcity therefore it is worth $0

to support the developer!

Yes but the point is it's illegal and takes more effort

>only GOG games specifically are worth $0
based Steam shill

Is this a GOG problem or is this an industry / STEAM problem? Think about it.

How is Kingdom Come Deliverance? Did they fix the bugs? Also how is Mutant Year Zero that game kinda went under the radar.

Slipstream is great.

i'll pirate your game regardelss of what shitty "digital storefront" it comes out on

It's a lot less buggy than it was

This. The entire fucking point of gog is not having to use some shitty ass client on the side. Well, was.

>Buying the same executables that are on Piratebay, and with less features than Steam's counterparts
lol

You shouldn't use GOG or any platform that charges for a fucking download. Either buy a physical copy if one is available, is a proper physical copy, and you want one or pirate if one isn't available or you don't care about physical copies.
CDPR doesn't care about being "DRM free" either, initial physical release of Witcher 2 had Securom and the launch day """""physical""""" release of Witcher 3 had DRM, it required a patch download from GOG to be playable. gog.com/forum/general/witcher_3_official_retail_pc_faq
Old physical copies with offline DRM have less and/or not as bad DRM as GOG because they don't require authorization from a server at any point to access the game from the original source unlike GOG.
They intentionally release their games unfinished as a form of anti-piracy and to make them selves look good by providing "free" updates and patches, being able to do that is one of the main reasons digital distribution is pushed so hard.
They do not give a fuck about being DRM free, it is only a marketing tactic to brainwash feeble minded subhumans into thinking they are "good guys" and your friend, if they did care then they would be promoting piracy and proper physical releases.

>this plastic-worshipping cultist again

>buying water when you have a tap in your house

>Sacrifice is $3.39
All I got

Well yeah, there's places in this planet where people use tap water for drinking too, dear american friend

>Steam sale thread
>everything fine, people discuss the sale

>GOG sale thread
>"hey guys hey guys hey guys did you know that piracy exists hey hey hey guys piracy piracy guys"

worth it?
gog.com/game/inquisitor

There is literally no reason for me to not buy Witcher 3 right now but I'm going to wait for the Steam sale anyways

I don't mean to shit on GOG or shill any other site, but
>see your post
>game looks pretty cool
>game looks... familiar
>realize I have it on Steam
>remember that I got it from a bundle
>the bundle site happens to be repeating that bundle right now

fanatical.com/en/bundle/fanatical-anthology-fantasy-bundle

That's $2.99 for Inquisitor plus 14 other games, including Rune which is apparently not bad. Of course, the bundle only gives you Steam copies, and most of the other games in the bundle are probably crap because that's just how bundles are. So if you want to pay $1.49 just for the one game because it's DRM-free, that's understandable.

B-but why

Is SWAT4 on sale?

Everything needs to be in one place desu

Attached: brainlet.jpg (208x326, 10K)

It's 50% off ($4.99). Are you unable to type gog.com into your browser?

based and piratepilled

fun early game but if you build your character wrong you can't proceed

does it hold up?

Attached: 67592-gangland-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1160, 184K)

Anyone here played Inside?
Is it worth 7,19€?

Attached: inside.jpg (1920x1080, 65K)

If you liked Limbo, then maybe you like Inside too. Wouldn't pay that much for it though, given how short it is (finished in just over 3 hours myself).

NOT FOR 7e WTF
everybody owns that game, you can probably find a key for less that a buck on keysites, pal

Has VtM:B stood the test of time?

capcom did it with Dragons dogma

on another note, why the fuck is the inferior bioshock on gog but the other two aren't?

Is that VR Myst?

Attached: P&C.png (1062x918, 1.14M)

Hob and Observer any good?
Thinking of pickung up the Mechanical Brothers Bundle since I want Into the Breach anyway

I'd have preferred it if they gave some free games with the amount of game purchased on their store. I managed to get a few good ones last year like sunless sea and rime last june.

I think so, given that I played it just a year ago. Depends on what kind of games you're into, if you like deus ex I think it's a no brainer, though it loses its steam a bit towards the end

It has a VR mode that was added later.

they are