3x3 thread

3x3 thread

Attached: fav games.jpg (916x916, 356K)

stop it user, stop it

only one good game in that 3x3 but i appreciate you posting your opinion no matter how much Yea Forums dislikes it

>liking 9 of the worst games ever made
whats wrong with you fag

I am confident that those are not your favourite games.

Attached: FF6_Kefkaart.png (769x1000, 896K)

>reach
>worse than 4 or 5
>phantom pain worse than 4

Halo Reach is objectively the best Halo game and MGSV has the best gameplay of any Metal Gear game despite it's unfinished state.

Everybody likes what they like, OP. I'd recommend checking out some of the older installments if you enjoyed these games. Fallout 3, Halo 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and the original Battlefront games are all great experiences.

Attached: My Favorite Games 2019.jpg (920x920, 416K)

If it were one of the first 3 Halo games I would have a modicum of respect for your choices, but Reach is zoomer tier. If you read the Fall of Reach novel first, respect regained.

Attached: 3 games.png (600x1200, 1.68M)

Attached: mosaicc3675066ce1f542a8b5dfc09351c50c8a1c67f55.jpg (920x920, 336K)

Attached: 3x3.jpg (1554x1554, 2.58M)

I don't read novelizations of video games because I'm not a child

I hurt myself today...

Attached: my empire of dirt.jpg (904x904, 865K)

Yeah, DOOM is great

I've read the novel, but I still strongly prefer Reach. The original three games are classics though.

/thread

semi believable until battlefront

ZOOM is a good game, but Boom is better

Your bait is too obvious, OP.

What the fuck happened with the recent CoH controversy? I haven't been on Yea Forums in, like, a month.

The only game I recognize on this is Little Big Planet

>Monday Night Combat
Nice dude

City of Heroes died but it continued on in secret on a private server ran by an egomaniac

>novelizations of video games
Fall of Reach was a novel 10 years before the Reach game came out. Fuck off back to your homework.

Its still a novel based off of a video game, which is infantile. Go read your Call of Duty bedtime stories.

in order:
>Little Big Planet
>Saints Row 2
>NieR

>No More Heroes
>Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia
>Clustertruck

>Ace Combat 4
>Dragon's Dogma
>Yakuza 4

You are the gayest person ever, I'm not even posting mine in your thread

>Ace Combat
>NieR

yikes

>Doom

0/0000000000

your opinion is shit, however it will make you a chad and have sex.

Thanks

But you're the straightest person ever, so posting yours would balance out the thread

sorry

>most of them are the worst entries of their respective franchises
come on

Attached: mosaic6ab7978286aa9fd03d07938bf75d932acbbe1063.jpg (1205x1205, 776K)

fishing lvl?

Attached: 3x3.jpg (939x1332, 546K)

What's your proudest accomplishment in Minecraft?

Attached: 3X3.png (905x904, 1.63M)

Attached: skyrimisgoodfuckyou.jpg (1920x1920, 3.27M)

No, I know that, but there was more to it. Part of the code was released, but then they tried to back out of it, and so on. I'm just wondering if people were finally able to get their own servers up or if the uproar simply died down.

>color splash

Attached: tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg (800x450, 52K)

There was a desert biome far in the north and another one deep south.
They both had villages.
I made up lore about them and the villagers.
They both had bad history with each other and were in a long-going feud.
Around one of the villages, I even built a huge cactus barrier that encompassed the place.
I had fun doing that.

4/5: +Halo 3, Pokémon RBY, Smash Melee, Sonic 2, -Smackdown vs Raw

1/1: Deus Ex

1/1: No More Heroes

3/3: Dragon Warrior, Resident Evil, Little Big Planet

3/3: New Vegas, Minecraft, Halo 3

Deus Ex, Super Metroid, Mega Man Zero 3

7/7: Everything but Dark Souls and Devil May Cry
Baste taste

Attached: Catorce.jpg (2000x2000, 3.64M)

I love doing shit like that. I should boot up Minecraft again.

fuck society, here's my 4x4. Rate me, bitches.

Attached: 4xd4.png (1655x1414, 3.69M)

It's an objectively worse game than 64 and TTYD but it has a special place in my heart, so I I enjoy it more overall even with all its flaws.

Bigger charts are in play today, here's my 5x5. 3x3 in the middle in purple.

That's a 0/0 my man.
3.5/5 (+inFamous +Sonic 2 +BFII ~Melee -Gen 1); I don't know, I feel like my opinion of Melee has faltered over time through no fault of the game itself (although it does have a good amount of weaknesses in a vacuum)
Always appreciate a Shovelfriend.
2/3 (+NMH +DDDA -LBP)
1/1 for BFII but I've definitely heard good things about most of these. MNC seemed ahead of its time and I have a friend who liked Impostors.
4/5 (+Runescape +DDDA +RPG Maker +God Hand -LBP); 5/6 if you count SM64 even if I haven't played that ROM hack.
1/2 (+GTAIV -Minecraft)
2/2 (SM, MMZ3); I don't get why people think Zero 3 is the best of the series but I won't disparage it since it's still an 8/10 in my book.
2.5/4 (+Prime +DMC3 ~Melee -Skyrim); I read your filename, I don't care.
5/5 (Prime, SM, SMW, HGSS, &Knuckles)
8/8 (DMC5, Sangfroid, Revengeance, SF64, BiS, Luigi, TTYD, Halo 2); been waiting for you to post again. I grabbed Sangfroid last week and clocked a couple of hours in it. Definitely a very interesting game with some cool mechanics, but you can feel the jank. I tried using the rock trap like six times and it worked once. I'll go back to it here and there because I really like the customization it puts forward after the first few nights.

Attached: 5x5 vidya.jpg (1530x1530, 1.2M)

Oh yeah because reading Harry Potter or LOTR is soooooo much less gay than reading the prequel to Halo CE, no videogames never had lore in their manual's oh no

And the 3x3 by itself for the purists.

Attached: 3x3 Vidya.png (921x921, 2.26M)

Yeah Sang Froid really suffers from being an indie game, and I think that's the best way to put it.

Reading modern classics like LOTR is fine but if you read Harry Potter then you're 100% a cocksucker. Metal sci-fi books like Halo are always better than gay magic melodrama.

>ace combat
>nier
>yakuza
>dd
based and japanesepilled

>Furi
Mein Negger

Attached: 1557723708589.png (437x735, 369K)

>1210 hours in MGSV
how

I think next time I'll close my browser before starting since I think having some tabs open affected my framerate a little. I'm fine focusing on other traps that are more automatic so I can be doing the combat more anyway; I grabbed the upgrade that lets Wolf Traps ensnare werewolves first.

I respect the originality but all of these are some of my least favorite games in their franchises, except for Infinite Warfare, which is quite good and AC which I haven't played. 1/8
7/9 - Not a fan of Skate 3 or Pokemon Blue but I respect the hell out of all these games, even if it seems like these were just your favourite games in high school. Respect for SvR too.
5/5 - That Dusk game looks interesting.
4/5 - I have a burning dislike for SoV, the level design is just too irritating.
This is an interesting one because I can tell you really like unique multiplayer experiences and these are great choices but I only played one of these in their primes. Hard to rate but I respect your taste.
Respect for ROTK and RPG Maker, those games definitely don't get the respect they deserve outside their niches. 9/9
I would have to replay it but I don't remember lovnig Sims 3 like I did 2, but still thought it was a pretty good game. 7/7
4/4
I still don't think syrim is good user. 5/6
I need to work on my backlog. 4/4
Lots of good shit here you don't usually see like NG Sigma, Rondo, BT3, CVS2, DB adventure. The only games I'm indifferent on is DBFZ and Devastation. DBFZ is getting better and the last patch helped alot in un-gimping most of the cast, but the neutral isn't crazy enough to be fun like UMVC3, and freedom in character playstyle and team composition can't match the best fighters. Devstation I finished last week and while aesthetically it's cool as hell the gameplay fizzled out around Ch. 4, the lack of new enemy types or characters + re-fighting bosses towards the end really killed the momentum.

Attached: mosaic1a79cd278ca4bba48556fbb13241568de618ccf0.jpg (920x920, 435K)

Great post user, always appreciate it when people put effort into their responses in these threads. Otherwise it's just grids and numbers.

>Reach is zoomer tier.
who cares

Do your worst,

Attached: 4CC75F0A-0599-4E68-853A-E65209868792.jpg (1536x1536, 620K)

Halo novels are some top-tier military sci-fi though.

>The only games I'm indifferent on is DBFZ and Devastation.
DBFZ both did its best to fill the UMvC3-shaped hole in my soul (it didn't quite but I'd say it got like 75-80% there) and fired some of the same nostalgia synapses as BT3, plus it has some of the best presentation in the genre and a good handful of top-tier character themes.

Devastation has near-infinite replay value to me, mostly due to Challenge mode. The 5 characters with Weapon/TECH loadouts that you can constantly tweak and improve give you so many ways to approach the same fight, and I think that helps circumvent the lack of asset variety a lot. I also really like how every enemy type is also a Transformer (of course) so they all feel like they're fighting you in a similar style barring the Insecticons. The bosses are some of the best in the genre as a group I think because they're so distinct, and I really like how basically every enemy and boss has the same defensive options as you (dodging and parrying, which you have to account for). Challenge Mode also has some really fun fights, mostly the ones that combine bosses together which really make you think about your approach. Beyond all that I just really like how the mechanics seem to have an ethos of "momentum" that is tied together by the Overdrive mechanic.

Attached: 1540096611877.jpg (1200x908, 104K)

When I was in high school I read the novelizations of the first two Metal Gear Solid games. Apparently the author had written like a dozen Bond novels so I guess it was sort of his comfort zone. He did a good job translating the "video game" progression like having paragraphs where Snake finds some items/gear and goes through their usefulness in his head. He also has a completely new original scene during Psycho Mantis to replace all the meta memory card stuff that wouldn't make sense in a book.

Eric Nylunds' work is pretty good honestly. Halfway through Fall of Reach i had forgotten i was reading a Halo novel, it's that good.

You like shlocky heros journey type stuff. Pretty pedestrian if you ask me.

4/4
Are Prototype and Infamous 1 that good?
5/5
4/5
there's too many parts of Dark Souls 3 that i hate, but there are lots of good parts of it too.

Attached: vlist5.jpg (900x900, 222K)

Attached: mosaic2be3bd1f730b6d60800d6734dcdd4bd8a25f17c6.jpg (900x900, 297K)

7/7 user good taste. All is not lost either. You can still play SWBF2 online on PC. Like right now. No tricks needed.

Prototype can get a bit clunky at times but the amount of carnage you can unleash is fun as fuck and you the parkour is great as well. Infamous 1 is kind of similar in that aspect, with the lighting powers and general sandbox being fun to explore.

Prototype has kinda jank melee combat and more bad bosses than good, but everything else is better than you would expect. inFamous 1 isn't as good at the traversal as Prototype despite being solid at it, but having lightning powers is rad and its story is also pretty nice.

>4/4
Based on what I can tell, New Vegas, Emerald, LFD2, GTA IV. Not sure what the rest are.

>5/5
Hotline Miami, BotW, Fallout 2, Planescape Torment, Arcanum. What is first row second column?

>4/6
Prototype, Megaman X, Kingdom Hearts 2, DMC3. Dislike MGR and dislike infamous, just found them unengaging.

>6/6
MGS2, SWAT 4, Planescape, Doom, Castlevania Aria of Shadows, HoMM3. Based.

>2/2
Ninja Gaiden and Kirby. I own Dragons Dogma and still haven't played it lol.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (920x920, 392K)

>Kid Chameleon
Absolutely based.

3/4
4/6
3/3
5/7
2/2
4/4
4/6
6/7
11/11
4/5
2/2
3/3? You didn't use covers, so I dunno what X game that is.
5/5
2/2

Attached: 3x3 mosaic.jpg (920x920, 367K)

WTF?
Is this taste even possible?

>viewtiful joe
baste

Attached: 1541879433729.jpg (960x960, 222K)

rate t. boomer

Attached: 3x3.jpg (660x660, 330K)

>Doom 2
>not Doom 1

It's objectively better

Nah. Doom 1 is better than Doom 2.

4/4 Hotline Miami, Furi, DMC5 and BOTW

6/6. Don't like Bayonetta or DBFZ and haven't played Nights but you're all right user. Guess you love Zelda enough to include it twice.

2/2 CTR and 3&K

Attached: mosaicc6c6c569a728cb4c3201a8f81720b8a0e6178beb.jpg (920x920, 437K)

>Guess you love Zelda enough to include it twice.
Not gonna lie. Was very hesitant to add BotW in my 3x3, but I love the game so much even to this day that it felt worth it to add. Good shit on Sonic CD, Mega Man 11, BotW, DMCV, and F-Zero. You seem cool to hang out with.

>TWEWY
We'll get that sequel one day brother
2/2
3/3 I always wished ORAS would take the ideas from Emerald and you would have to fight both primal Groudon and Kyorge with mega Rayquaza or at least have a standard double battle with Archie and Maxie also 1.3.6 WHEN!?

Attached: 3x3Games.jpg (3264x3264, 1.4M)

Essential "how dare they change anything in my series" 3x3.

Thanks, I find that commenting on people's shit actually does generate useful discussion sometimes.

I agree DBFZ is one of the GOATs from the aesthetic level, I just can't help but compare it against UMVC3 and find a lot of the things I love about that game missing in DBFZ. MvCI has actually done a decent job of filling the gameplay spirit of UMVC3 in terms of playstyle variability, creativity, and crazyness, but the game is an absolute mess otherwise.

>Challenge mode
See this is where I fucked with Devastation. I played a bit of challenge mode but didn't get real deep into trying to perfect it, but from your description this is actually the type of shit I was looking for. Especially if there's boss mixing, doing the Soundwave boss fight + someone like Starscream actually sounds super fucking cash.

6/6 Prototype is actually the best of those late 00's early 10's superhero open-worlds in terms of gameplay and creativity, but the game is so undeniably jank from a technical standpoint. I find the jank pretty charming, but they are some points where a random glitch will kill the mood. What are your thoughts on Prototype 2?
5/5 I really need to sit-down and give Arcanum a play-through, since from what I hear it does a lot of creative shit I love about CRPGs, like how a low INT can't actually pronounce certain character names.

4/4

7/7 - I don't enjoy MGS3 and WOLTK as much as the prior entries for the same reason actually, the reason being I don't find them as thematically compelling as the prequels. Still very good games though.
3/4 - I know GX is a meme at this point but getting good at the GBA F-Zeros then playing GX actually helped a lot in both motivation and skill, definitely underrated and underplayed.

The super shotgun is an invaluable addition but chaingunners will forever annoy me, and 2 has some the worst placement for them

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-31 Heavy Weapon Dude.png (601x220, 15K)

>3/4 - I know GX is a meme at this point
Is GX the one of the 4 you didn't enjoy?

based for the lengthy write ups

>I know GX is a meme at this point
Not him but GX is a mechanically great racing game that lets you really feel like you're going supersonic speeds when everything happens just right. I can see somebody preferring F-Zero X for somewhat superficial reasons but other than another F-Zero game what's the alternative to GX?

Why does it have a special place in your heart? Not trying to argue, I'm legitimately curious.

Nah, DBFZ was the one I disliked out of the 4 (VJ, MMX, GX, and DBFZ), though honestly I can go either way on it and easily understand why someone would put it on a 3x3. I'm referring to the 'insane difficulty' meme which is what most anons know about GX.

You described it perfectly; I also think GX captures the 'intergalatic race' aesthetic really well in comparison to prior entries; being on a console is definitely a part of it but the level and art design enhance just how fucking fast you're going, which makes navigating those supersonic turns and loops really satisfying.

Attached: f-zero_gx.0.jpg (1200x800, 253K)

>I'm referring to the 'insane difficulty' meme which is what most anons know about GX.
Again, to be fair, it really is a brutal fucking game if you want to unlock all the content without cheating.

Whenever I beat 64 and ttyd for the first time I ended up looking at the guide book and playing through a couple more times with all the knowledge, seeing how fast I could get through. Not really trying for any serious speedrunning, just challenging myself. I finished Color Splash and liked it, and it gave me ttyf and 64 vibes more than super or sticker star so I decided to do the same thing. There's a lot of downtime in the game so it ended up being a pretty cozy way to spend an afternoon, putting on a movie or two, eating some food and just running through it. I ended up running through it a lot, trying to get a little faster each time. It was nice to decompress too, it was all during a pretty stressful time in my life so whenever I had the time to play through it it was a nice time. Anyway I know it;s weird, or maybe a little autistic but there's a lot to love about the game, even with its flaws and I have a lot of fond memories of playing through it. It could have easily been any other game, but it ended up being Color Splash and it's got a special place in my heart because of it.

why did you kino of mordor doom with all those shit games?

Im always waiting for the eventual high ground of dick sucking and tripfags to start spawning from these threads.

That's what a game on your 3x3 is meant to represent in my opinion. It's a game that means something to you, not just some game that you think is good because other people told you or for validation or whatever. It's a game that personally had some effect on you that made you love it like you did.

One of my favourite games on my 3x3 is Half Life Opposing Force and it's on there because of a time in my life where I had back to back exams and did nothing but wake up, study, go to school, do exams, come back, study, and then sleep for like two weeks. I had no time for vidya. Then finally when the exams were over, I came back home and started up OF on my laptop and finished the game in one sitting, I'll always remember the pitch black room I was playing it in, sitting down on my futon with my laptop somewhat burning my leg as I played the game all the way through.

I loved the game for more than that though, I loved meeting up with my squad mates and trying to get past the other spies the government sent while also trying to keep them up, I loved that you were one of the few people left in the facility as it went on, the game even got progressively darker going from noon to evening or so, and you were still able to find some survivors running about to team up with and stuff. Gameplay was as solid as a Half Life game always is, so that's a plus.

For me when I think back to OF, these are the things I remember and why it's on my 3x3.

30 year old boomer here. ff6 > ff7 but you correctly labelled modern warfare 2 as the best modern warfare.

Attached: 345854364.png (888x893, 1.51M)

bumping

>ss13
based

Pretty much this, every single one of these games are pretty bad besides DOOM, it was the only one met with positive feedback.

-Reach, 'twas okay
+H3, SSBM, STH2, SWBFII
+H3
+CS, SK, DUSK
+SWBFII
+H3
+CS, SM
+SSBM, H:CE
-Skyrim
+SM, SMW, S3&K, TF2
+SF64, H2
+ABII, SK, MM10, KSSU
+DOOM
What MMX game is that supposed to be?
+HM
+KC, interesting pick
+SM, MMX1, LTTP
+DOOM II, S3&K
+DKC2, SM64, SCD, SSF2T
+TF2, HM
+GE

Attached: 3x3 v2.jpg (3264x3264, 1.99M)

5/6, more people need to play CrossCode.
4/4, BotW was a really cool game huh.
Worms is fun.
3/3, I should really try F-Zero.

Attached: vcol.jpg (3264x3264, 1.58M)

I've always had an issue picking stuff for these, but I think I've got it this time. Dusk may change, but it's big for me right now because it's gotten me really interested in older shooters now despite having played some Wolfenstein 3D when I was a kid. It's more than just itself at this point I guess.

1/1 if that's Minecraft when it was still alpha/early beta

1/2, Played a bunch of Zero Mission despite being fuckawful at it. I never really got into Halo.

2/2, Souls and WoW, even if it is Wrath

2/2, Terraria and TF2. Wish we could have gotten a return to the glory days of TF2 instead of fucking Overwank.

1/1, SM64. Never beat that game, but I loved it.

3/3, WoW, MW2, and WC3.

Attached: 3x3 v1.jpg (3264x3264, 2.35M)

Ironically enough when TF2 updates became scarce I switched to Overwatch for a few months when it first came out. I actually had some fun with it during the early days playing mostly Zenyatta and Lucio along with the more niche picks like Junkrat and I clocked in around 70 - 80 hours total. Then Blizzard pretty much decided just only care about competitive mode and to not add any new or unique game modes along with balancing all the characters to hell and back nearly non stop. When I tired playing competitive since it was the only thing left to do I hated every second of it with all the meta and community crap going on and I was playing Lucio or Ana the ENTIRE time. Long story short I put the game down after my placement matches and I never touched it again. I really wish Blizzard would've added new and fun mechanics rather than just shoving more characters and limited time events and hoping that would solve the problem. Well at least we have a major TF2 update coming soon..........right?

Attached: 1543539024731.png (480x480, 277K)

I haven't played TF2 since before the coop vs machines mode was added. I put hundreds of hours into it before that, but it just felt like it was going downhill for whatever reason, and I started enjoying it less and less. I tried Overwatch since I got it for free, but abilities were a mistake, and the balance in general was a fucking joke. I couldn't even have fun playing it with friends. I was either bored or frustrated. I didn't even know TF2 was still getting major updates. Anything good coming?

Jungle Inferno was a pretty nice update featuring a sorta good contract system in where 2/3 of the objectives were simple but the other 1/3 were grindy as hell in where you always have to sticky spam a point or the cart. It had some reworks like the Vitasaw and nerfs like the Sandman not being able to stun anymore. Also since Pyro won the Pyro vs Heavy contest so Pyro got a burst flame thrower which is okayish, a pain in the ass to recharge gas can, a fun oven mitt that gives a speed boost on hit, but most importantly a jet pack in where you can fly across that map as long as you know how to use it. As for the future major update nobody really knows what it will be based on or when it's coming out and there are rumors it could be the last major one or the community might take over but I really have no idea of the future of TF2.

Attached: 1556426822695.jpg (355x382, 38K)

>started making 3x3
>had to up it to 4x4
>then to 5x5 and eventually 6x6
>also had to make "honourable mentions" category
>tfw it's all RTS and TBS games
>not including grand strategy games
>and I'm barely even scratching the surface of my favourite games from all of the other genres
I just really can't narrow it down
Sincere love for far too many games

Attached: 1558472041602.gif (300x229, 1.55M)

I would post but then it's just failed boomer normie stuff anyway.

Post it user

Oh cool. I didn't know there was much of anything that came after the coop stuff, granted I haven't kept up with it at all, and nobody on here really talks about it anymore. Jet pack is an interesting addition. At this point though, while I'd have preferred a revitalization of TF2 to Overwatch being popular, I think I've just moved on. Hopefully it'll stick around though since Overwatch is the only real alternative for people.

The key is not to think. You should probably try again later and just rapid fire your immediate, reflexive responses to "give me your 9 favorite games right now"

3pbp

There's a guy who occasionally posts his 10x10 in these. And I rate it every time, too. You do you.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (2400x1854, 1006K)

>keen
>bf2
>tarkov
>OOT
absolute patrician taste my friend

yeah I just look at all my games and just list those that give me fond memories the most just by looking at the cover

do they define muh personality, muh taste or muh childhood/past/nostalgia?
or am I just seeking approval from fellow anons?

no in the end it's just for everyone to seek validation

Attached: 3x3.jpg (2553x2462, 423K)

these threads depress me because i haven't played most of the games shown in them and i can't relate

Answering a question from a previous 3x3 thread.

No, I don't buy loot boxes. But I have spent a good chunk of money on skins.

Attached: 3x32.jpg (900x900, 852K)

>3x32
>9 games
why do you lie

It's more like 3x3 (2).jpg

Previous poster here. I talked a whole lot of shit about the Halo novel, said it was infantile. Just read 200 pages of Fall of Reach in one sitting. I stand corrected. I am the faggot after all. This shit is so good that I forgot it was about Halo. I would like to personally apologize to these posters for being such a bitch:

Attached: fall of reach.jpg (311x499, 27K)

here's mine by the way

Attached: 5x5.jpg (1530x1530, 809K)

>Infinite Warfare
Based

Thanks m8.

Damn nigga. I had a hard enough time coming up with 9 that could stand together.
3/3 with DL, TF2, and Civ 5.
Also is that Max Payne on there 3 times?