Death Stranding and TLoU2 Shit combat is INEXCUSABLE

These fake "auteurs" like Kojima and Druckmann are literally KILLING gaming as we know it. Remember when video games used to be FUN? Remember when people cared about good gameplay? Remember when games didn't have to take themselves so seriously? Well you can thank these two assholes for killing that dead. Mr. "I don't describe my game as fun" and Mr. "Sony gave me a bajillion dollars to take selfies of me with my actor fake friends". Fuck both these assholes.

And you know what sucks? People will support this shit and eat it up. Know why? Because they're fucking brainless drones that only care about stupid shit. Oh, oh, oh, the story is so deep! It's a cinematic experience! Oh, the cinematography, oh the usage of color and lighting, oh the set pieces! Oh the music, can't forget the music! Done by Hollywood award winning fucking orchestras right? Oh, and we can't forget the combat, you like fighting right? Remember fun games like Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, hell, even God of War? Well fuck that shit, we're going full cinematic experience now! Air launchers, juggling, cancels? Who needs those, we got these guys fighting like real life, like real fucking life here, oh yes, REAL LIFE! Throwing your sloppy haymaker punches and your little sparta 300 kicks, and all you gotta do is mash this one fucking button as the game does it for you! Oh yeah give me more of that Bamham combat, oh yeah more of that mash Square to win, more mashing buttons like a retard to see my character do awesome shit like drunkenly swing at some guy as my Hollwyood orchestra plays complete with expert cinematography, starring Ryan fucking Gosling from DRIVE! Oh yeah get it all my mouth Kojima, you too Druckmann, get it alllllll in there! Fuck fun! Fuck good gameplay!

Attached: no fun allowed.png (1920x966, 641K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QxmSePGOcYc?t=202
youtu.be/mda6G4g5p_o
youtube.com/watch?v=havZiN8gpM8
youtu.be/xT66YPk0Q5w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This but unironically.

OP, it's pointless. This board is full of faggots who hate fun, love "cinematic experience" games, and want to feel mature and "very grown up" by liking and defending this drek.

Red Dead 2 is a perfect example of this, it got all that hype as being some epic realistic cinematic movie game, and when people finally got to play it what a shock, it turns out it isn't actually fun. Because sitting there being forced to see some realistic animation of a guy analyzing a can of fucking beans isn't fun. Having to restart from a previous save because you accidentally bumped your horse into someone and damn near kill them isn't fun. Fuck realism.

>Remember fun games like Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, hell, even God of War?
The new Devil May Cry and God Of War just came out and a new Bayonetta is on its way soon.
They still exist despite movie games also existing, imagine that.

But we haven't seen the combat in death stranding beside some 5 second out of context clips

They exist for now, but for how much longer? Itsuno may have enough in him for just one more DMC game. Bayonetta is practically dead, Ninja Gaiden is dead, and God of War is a filthy cinematic experience piece of shit like I just railed against so why even bring that game up? The new GoW isn't even fun, it's a shit movie game made for braindead idiots, the kind of people that love shit like John Wick.

We DID see the combat, and it looks like fucking dogshit. It looks like Bamham and The Last of Us, aka generic westaboo garbage made by idiots trying to be cinematic. We went from fucking Metal Gear Rising to this?

Attached: this fighting sucks dicks.webm (526x510, 692K)

>TLoU2 features underage lesbians making out
>SNOYboys think this is fine and are 100% guaranteed to be wanking off to it, both metaphorically in their glowing review AND literally in their busted loads
>meanwhile, Tiddy Ninjas features ninjas with big anime tiddies
>"WTF THIS IS PEDO CONTENT IT NEEDS TO BE BANNED FROM SNOY'S CONSOLE"
i agree TLoU2 is shit but for the blatant hypocrisy

I don't know, I kind of liked the gameplay for TLoU and MGSV

>Druckmann
Masterful troll. You fools keep falling for it.

Attached: neil1.jpg (800x427, 257K)

I had fun playing Red Dead 2
I also had fun playing Bayonetta.

I can appreciate different genres of video games because I am not an insane insecure manchild who thinks a new world order is out to take away his video games.

t. dark souls 2 purchaser

You what? Wait, you what? Oh dear... here, let me show you some real gameplay

youtu.be/QxmSePGOcYc?t=202

Having fun is toxic, you must sit through a 10 hour lecture on why you and your kind are bad whilst intermittently pressing a button to advance the "plot".

>I had fun playing Red Dead 2

No you fucking didn't lmao, no one genuinely enjoyed how that shit played, quit fuckin lyin nigga

There is more to fun than just combat, other mechanics matter. Combat was never great in MGS games but the creativity in dispatching enemies or approaching conflicts was great. BotW had SHIT tier combat but that won GOTY on basis of just interacting with the world.

The original last of us on grounded is tons of fun and easily makes it a 9/10 once the listening mode crutch is gone it makes you realize all the options and crazy tense situations you can get yourself into once your resources are actually limited and you aren’t a total tank. I’m hoping the sequel improves on this and allows for more creativity, and based on the last trailer with the bomb arrows and shit the grounded mode should be just as tense this time.

For anyone who thinks tlou is just a movie game try grounded, it reminds me of MGS/RE with the amount of options and limited resources you have

BING BING SHIT GOOD
EVERYTHING ELSE BAD

Attached: 1449811841743.png (808x805, 415K)

>Westaboo
Opinion discarded

These are the same people who think GoW is a movie game when the game literally takes control away from you LESS than old GoW games and has less cutscenes. At least most cutscenes in GoW is dialogue that you still move around the world and hear.

One of my favorite combat systems is from Gothic 1/2 and a mod for Witcher 2
I urge you all to give these a try, the mod for Witcher 2 is called Rise of the Sword and it basically ties every available move Geralt has to a certain left stick + light/heavy attack button combination instead of just randomly choosing what may fit after the previous animation
If all other combat systems in the same vein (Shadow of War/Mordor / Batman games, ect.) did this, the genre would unironically be one of the greatest, with some fine tuning of course

And Gothic 1/2 are just paradigms in good and fun combat against humanoid enemies with weapons, not against beasts, insects and the like though
Stringing together left and right attacks fluidly or pulling out a big forward combo feels good and every attack from the enemy is blockable so you can beat pretty much anyone who isn't designed to be unbeatable

Attached: qRWH5.jpg (1680x1050, 105K)

>Remember when video games used to be FUN?

Attached: 1516609194132.png (1330x1607, 65K)

Lyin ass punk ass little nigga

>expert cinematography, starring Ryan fucking Gosling

Based

Attached: iconic shot 2.webm (1500x622, 2.99M)

Looks worse than MG Survive 2bh

>enjoying a fake realism movie game

Get off this board.

>MGR

That game had ok combat, way prettier than actually fun to play.

In fact all DMC-descended action games kind of have bad combat. DMC3/4/5 all have inconsequential design, with scenarios that aren't hard even on the highest difficulty... the Bayonetta games and MGR were even bigger button mashers, also they have shit boss fights (no, MGR's boss fights aren't good, they're actually tedious).

Ninja Gaiden and God Hand still have the best combat -- not the best combos (for spergs who think "high level" DMC play is interesting) maybe, but definitely the most interesting scenarios and combat systems.

>contraian: the post

Real gamers don't want to play shit like Blade Runner 2049 as a game though.

DMC series shits all over Ninja GAYden and Shit Hand combat

Sorry but realistic combat isn't fun or fun to see in action. It's why movie fight scenes are trash, I'd rather watch anime desu. Fight scenes in Kill la Kill destroy any so called realistic fight scene from a movie.

You are going to play the multiplayer of Death Stranding with me.

I'm not asking you.

Attached: 45645074_2187303551542904_3590605664616972288_n.jpg (322x255, 10K)

Ellie is not underage in TLOU2

>realistic combat
?

If I can't animation cancel most of the animations in your game, then your game's combat is SHIT. Case closed.

>Red Dead 2 is a perfect example of this, it got all that hype as being some epic realistic cinematic movie game, and when people finally got to play it what a shock, it turns out it isn't actually fun

Yeah, even "gameplay" devs hate it huh? I don't know who you fags are, what discord/Reddit community you're from but there's plenty of games aiming for different players and different experiences. Why can't people enjoy what they want? Why do you want to dictate what they like? Sounds like insecurity

I love recent games such as Bloodborne, BotW, RDR2, Hollow Knight, Yakuza, Cuphead, Smash, Dragon's Dogma and DOOM. You know what? None of those game share ANYTHING in common. What they do share is quality and craftsmanship that should be noticeable form people who like play video games. Drop the childish ass bias, you're missing out on good games by limiting yourself on what you can and can't enjoy. Acting like a bitter old fuck NO ONE would want to be around.

Attached: Red Dead Souls.png (882x863, 339K)

That article is fucking repulsive. I hope he doesn't mean copying Rockstar's shitty gameplay. RDR 2 isn't even fun, it's fake fun.

First thing I thought when I watched the trailer. I'll probably be wrong, but I don't see this game selling well. Who is the audience for this game?

He does mean it becasue he's no a fucking pathetic child who forms premature bias's against quality devs for no reason.

>Who is the audience for this game?

The kind of people that love shit like this.

Attached: John_Wick_4.gif (480x200, 2.65M)

Every autistic sentence is its own goldmine. Thanks OP

Death Stranding is fine because it won't be full of ugly lesbians. As long as the story is entertaining, it doesn't matter if the game is basic.

Thank fucking goodness loser pussies like you won't breed another poor soul.

>I only play games pre approved by my wife and her bull that they determined are mature and adult

What I just hate is the hypocracy of it all.
>lost odyssey is shit because of cutscenes and who wants that when rhey could be having fun

>last of us is filled with moving cutscenes that make you feel emotional and moved.

Its one or rhe other faggots, choose!

Single player games are killing the industry you tard
No one wants or should want to play games that cause them to be a shut in, who the hell in the right mind would drop $60 for a game they finish in a week and never talk about again
These losers need to learn that life and games are better when we can actually be a community
Videogames are better when we have a game we can discuss weeks after they're released

>thinking the appeal of the John Wick movies and that of GoW:4 are even remotely fucking similar

pack it in boys, nothing of value is coming out of this thread

Death Stranding looks cool but it doesn't deserve to be called a video game, more like an "interactive story"
TLoU2 just looks like shit

>standing around and slashing each other with occasional QTEs

>"real gameplay"

fucking pick one jesus christ

im still deciding if OP is a troll or just that dumb make your samefagging more subtle

>that pic
Why don't you post the actual quote instead of some whisper-down-the-lane shit article

>be playing RDR2
>get into a bar fight
>be met with the best hand to hand combat system till this day
>see death stranding trailer

Attached: 5C12C315-65BA-465D-8591-AEF88370ED77.png (317x392, 134K)

What's wrong with taking the perspective of videogames as a storytelling medium over pure entertainment? Isn't that the natural progression of the art form?

Won't stop it

Attached: if you say.png (1735x815, 2.15M)

It's not because of the frequency of cut scenes, that's a brainlet interpretation of what a movie game is. It's because the gameplay in Nu-GoW has all the depth of a teacup.

>art form
Videogames are games and thus are supposed to be group experiences
Shut in player games trying to be "art" is stupid because it defeats the purpose of what a game is supposed to be
If a game doesn't let me play with other people it's just pretentious garbage for losers

Are you just mad that not every game is a character action game?

I want fun games not cinematic artsy bullshit. More Bloodborne, less Last of Us. Fuck Kojima, and fuck the fake Sony fans who think this shit is acceptable.

its funny because TloU had one of the best multiplayer on the PS3, but its not like the people making these threads actually played the games

MUH MOVIEEEEEE GAMEEEEEEEES

Wow I agree with all of this

Attached: 58961791_845808559175121_6309331709720526848_n.jpg (112x112, 2K)

Then dont play them. They dont advertise themselves as dmc or bayonetta or whatever else. Games like those you can play now and there are a lot of them. These kind of "movie" games (while not as technical as rpgs, churayzee, etc they do have merits still) are different experiences and if they dont appeal to you then dont play them. Simple as.

Movies were seen as cheap parlor tricks and literature was exclusively used for religious texts in western culture, should we only have bibles and silent films about trains or should we dare to see how far a medium can go? You sound like a fucking luddite bro

Well gee, I'm sorry you can't enjoy a good story in any shape or form on your own without someone shoving their "opinions" down your throat so you don't have to do any thinking on your own about it.

Read books.

FUCKING BASED

It's not "shut in players", most spergs prefer more gameplay in their games. The problem is journalists and people who don't actually like playing games who just want a game to play out for them.

Google the word "empathy" because clearly you need to.

>Game has a lot of hype around it
>No one cares a week later when it comes out
Tell me why devs should bother making shut in player games

Damn nigga, you a fucking baby. Stop crying & go enjoy life lmao

Attached: 139A7ECB-C744-45B1-8894-CCC4268B0A45.jpg (262x256, 20K)

Moviegames like The Last of Us are the minority you fucking retard, how can a niche genre kill gaming. The vast majority of videogames releasing right now and the most popular are all gameplay centric and you have to be a console warrior with a rotten brain like the OP to not see that.

I argued about making your own opinion of it first, not never discussing it afterwards.

Just because I consumed entertainment on my own doesn't mean I can't talk about it later.

Kys autistic sperg

>games should be made for npcs that only play them to talk about them

>WAAAH STOP BULLYING MY FAVORITE NONGAME
Movie games are haram

You retard
When they make games like this it takes away resources from games that can bring people together

I don't give a shit about moviegames you fucking idiot. But pretending that they are killing gaming when for every The Last of Us there is a dozen multiplayer games is fucking retarded.

Kys

There is room for all sorts of games you fucking mouthbreather, not everything needs to be multiplayer, go back to playing Fortnite.

Stick to bing bing wahoo shit. Problem solved nigger.

>there are unironic posts praising god of war
This is disturbing. How can anyone enjoy that mindless shit with color coded enemies with socoolslomo after every few hits. The combat is braindead and the game is overly repetitive especially with the shoehorned diablolike mechanics. Games fucking suck now.

Attached: 1556332249614.png (732x629, 243K)

It's not about multiplayer games, it is about FUN games. These games are not fun and should be treated like the garbage they are.

Cry more nigger

Then stick to Nintendo's toddler bing bing wahoo shit. Who is stopping you?

>These games are not fun
Says who?

Don't you have a date with your wife's bull you should be at?

op is a faggot who doesn't know Kojima is a god tier gameplay dev by now who people claim makes movies instead of games.

MGS is the best stealth series, and best third person action series there is.

Will death stranding live up to that? I don't know. But if anyone can make good gameplay in this format its kojima.

are you fucking retarded? You can literally SEE mgsv in this trailer. and kojima didn't work on rising you troll cunt.

Nigger.

>toddler shit
>fun
They do not pose any sort of challenge whatsoever. Nintendo kiddy shit is closer to movie games than actual fun games. You fake Sony fanboys are just as bad as the Nintenkiddies.

>you're missing out on good games by limiting yourself on what you can and can't enjoy
That's actually wrong. I've played so many games that I've seen it all already and my tastes are already refined. Pass me with this modern game design bullshit and acquire taste you pretentious faggot.

Here's a meme picture for your zoomer ass.

Attached: 1558925401339.jpg (639x627, 107K)

>pretentious faggot.
that's you

You never played god of war. It had great combat and it was different. I think you are autistic.

There’s a place for both types of games, but devs like Druckman and Kojima are pathetic. They’re embarrassed by video games, despite the fact that they can provide elements that a movie can’t in regards to storytelling.

There's a good chance that one of them will win Game of the Year, which has more influence than you think.

It's literally more complex than old GoW titles objectively. What the flying fuck are you talking about?

I'm not the moron assuming I'm missing out on games because all he plays is tripe :^)

MGSV has the best gameplay and controls in any TPS in fucking history, what the fuck are you talking about?

What diablo mechanics? The gear is all unique, just same favor stats. Why the fuck does it sound like you never touched it.

There were plenty of old games that cost that much and lasted a long time, like old PS1 RPG's. Games that are shorter than 10 hours should be priced around 20 dollars, and games longer should be priced higher respectively.

No, because games are more than just movies because you have the option to interact with the art and change it. That's what gameplay means retard.

Look at the rest of his games. Kojima is a well known failed filmmaker.

They aren't designed as a brawler, retard. They are shooters/stealth games.
Stay mad, I hope they end up great. Stick to the casual Nintendo games while pretending it isn't made piss easy for 7 year olds, while having less depth than literally cinematic game you despise.

>T-the last one doesn't count!
Shitposters are funny

It would look much better if the camera wasn't so static

What influence? TLOU released six years ago and is one of the games with the most number of awards and that didn't influence shit. How many devs copied that formula?

>enemy flashes red
>ooooh parry
>animations don't even line up

>oh look at this blue troll
>now he's green
>now red

>cool I can magnetically attack everyone within 5 meters of me must be work of an enemy stand

Multiplayer games offer endless fun, sometimes for free
Anyone stupid enough to pay for a single player game hurts how great the industry could be

It's worse than you think OP. Most people who claim to live the story driven narrative and beautiful graphics don't even finish the game, according to ps4 completion stats.
And look at the sales of these so called successes. On a system with 90+ million units sold, anything less than 30 million should be considered a relative flop. Its not unreasonable to expect 1 in 3 ps4 owners to get Spiderman or God of War for instance.

All Metal Gear games have good gameplay.

It's a coping mechanism due to Nintendo only producing anime plots for years and years, with shit tier dialogue, animations, and cinematics to accompany their shallow gameplay. Look at BOTW curscenes and how shit they are.

There are different tiers of gear with different states, like how diablo has commons and rares. A lot of games are doing this to pad content.

TLOU had good gameplay though?

>lets just make all our games unplayable after a few years when they shut down the servers!

Enemies don't flash
You can't parry what the fuck?
Yes they do, PLAY THE GAME
yes, the bosses need work in terms of variety, but they get new moves and elements
The game has no magnet combat, but it has combat closers similar to a stinger

You are a fucking retard, get a life loser.

Dude, there are these cinematographic games and there are mor fun-oriented games. You can simply choose which games to play. What's the deal?

Someone please post them chasing him with the cattle prods but put some Benny Hill music over it.

oh shut up you massive faggot

Druckmann is fine. Fuck off.

No, that's just normal gear. It's all linear progression based on discovery, nothing is random. That isn't diablo at all idiot, it's finite gear that's earned.

youtu.be/mda6G4g5p_o
Your move.

>implying

Attached: 1529554875168.webm (720x405, 2.83M)

DMC is fucking atrocious, unless you like easy spam button gameplay with no AI.

I'm not saying their random you retard, I'm saying they rip off diablo's idea of common, normal, rare drops.

Attached: file.png (435x815, 23K)

Play the fucking game, this literally shows nothing. Further proving you don't know shit about what you are talking about still linking previews only an hour into the game if that.

Do you even know what the red 'glow' means, how its triggered, what it implies? Fuck off you pathetic loser

Obsessed and seething but still a cool dude coz you don't charge me rent. But could you stick a finger in your left ear? I can feel a draught.

>I don't see this game selling well
Dude, a stream with a bunch of hands managed to get 100k live viewers, and the DS trailer is the fastest videogame trailer this entire year to get to the stats it has now.

Literally the only people not looking forward to it are Yea Forums, and Yea Forums always thinks the opposite of what the majority does.

You realize both The Last of Us and Death Stranding have multiplayer right?

Better than Bayonetta

>wah wah i dont like modern games
dont let the door hit you on the way out turd

>there is no magnetic pull when you attack enemies
>video clearly demonstrates there is
Go play God Hand for a game that doesn't have that and you'll notice what I'm talking about you absolute moron.

Wow, diablo totally invented the concept of tiered loot, fucking moron.

Doesn't matter who invented it, the problem is there are too many games ripping off the concept. The concept fucking sucks and it's lazy.

I have beat god hand, multiple times on hard. It has no magnet shit. God hand has similar soft lock and connects.

Again, play the game you fucking idiot. At least learn what you shitpost about.

You haven't even played the fucking game, why do you have this personal crusade against it, if you hate it so much ignore it and move on, go play something you enjoy and stop talking about a game you know shit about.

0:33 - 0:36
>yep, that's not him being magnetically pulled towards the enemy when he presses the attack button!
Enough replies for you.

How does having itemization reward suck at all? It changes the game and gives it better progressive feedback.

How the fuck is it lazy? It would require more work by default. It's just a way to incentivise exploration and progress, literally what any games does with new skills, weapon changes etc.

What does interactivity have to do with the limitations of the medium? my arguement is that any medium can be used for storytelling

Video games were never fun. Back in the arcade and into the n64 era games were exclusively just dick measuring contests that you had to drop $60 on. You didn’t play the game because it was an enjoyable experience, they were always tedious chores, you played it because all the other kids on the schoolyard would tell you to kill yourself if you couldn’t beat it. Companies very knowingly used this to sell their games. Dark Souls has revived this practice (in single player games, it never went away in multiplayer) except the schoolyard has been replaced with the internet.

Says the guy replying to a post he doesn't like.

Nope not at all, play the game retard.

fun is subjective

This but unironically

I misinterpreted your post as saying we need more cinematic experiences because I'm a salty fag. Games that use gameplay to explore story telling are exactly what we need, not cutscenes upon cutscenes with scripted animations out the ass.

Nice autism, I bet if this were a real conversation, you would act like a beta bitch avoiding eye contact.

>he has to project when he's contradicted

Attached: 1345064717741.png (340x565, 220K)

>project
Lets voice chat right now then, you fucking faggot. What's your contact? Discord or Skype?

hello, fellow komrade!

Are you seriously going to act this pathetically buttblasted on an anonymous imageboard

Attached: 1524623051404.jpg (600x375, 15K)

No problem fren

Attached: 1557192179807.png (537x717, 455K)

>Comparing John Wick to garbage games.
And just like that. OP completely invalidated his opinion.

Attached: 1520553335650.jpg (420x410, 17K)

reminder Yea Forums spent the last 10 years saying "fun" was a buzzword until this article

if there was an article saying dont fire a nailgun into your ballsack that's what Yea Forums's new hobby would be

John Wick is an action movie first and foremost and delivers on that in spades. GoW is a cinematic experience pretending to be a game.

>Op just beat Dark Souls for the first time and thinks he's hot shit.
Many such cases

You aren’t supposed to look people in the eyes unless you’re going to fuck them, are you a faggot or something?

Super Mario Maker 2 finna be so fucking cash boii!

Attached: sky_castle.jpg (1778x970, 1.01M)

Redpilled

>all these people telling people not to shit on their shitty game they like
>none of them see the irony
You're all a bunch of retards. Instead of telling other people to leave the thread and play the games they like how about you take your own advice and do the same. Bunch of retards ITT

Half baked multiplayer
It would be better if they cut the single player shit and focused on an experience that can be shared

What are your favorite multiplayer games?

Tbqh Kojima didn't have anything else to work with. Yes, the Sony engine sucks major dick but beggars ain't choosers. Hopefully he will make fat money with DS to someday recreate his FoxEngine all over again.

>Remember when video games used to be FUN?
>Remember when people cared about good gameplay?
I still have incredible amounts of FUN on video games today, and I also still care about gameplay. So it's a good thing most games that have come out in the past 10 years have had excellent gameplay and were very FUN.

It has nothing to do with games changing, it has everything to do with you becoming a jaded faggot who won't take off his Nostalgia goggles. Fuck off faggot.

>Underage
>Ellie is at least 19 or 20
Imagine being this fucking stupid.

name one good game from the past year. you literally can't
>inb4 you name literally anything

MGS games had good stealth gameplay.
The Last Of Us was a competent third person shooter from a gameplay perspective. Let me guess, you own an xbox 1?

Attached: 1533051743258.png (580x800, 267K)

copypasta from resetera???

>He's moving forward while throwing a punch
>THAT'S MAGNETISM!~

So you've literally never pushed, punched, or moved anything in your life? You do realize, to throw a heavy punch, you step into it, right?
Imagine being this much of a scrawny brainlet fuck that you don't even understand the basics of THROWING A PUNCH
AHAHAHAHA

>Last Of Us was a competent third person shooter from a gameplay perspective.
Let me guess, you're a fucking sonyggar.

Attached: TLoU.webm (1280x720, 771K)

>when he's contradicted
I'm not that user, but you're clearly deflecting because he called you out.

lmao, don't you have a queers of war you should be playing?

>queers of war
You mean The Last of Lesbian, fag?

Attached: BRAVE.jpg (3840x2160, 814K)

Based

unironically obsessed.
Sorry we have games xbot. Why don't you take your no games shitposting somewhere else

Attached: 1534848948285.gif (300x212, 2.58M)

But every game Kojima has been apart of has very good gameplay, with plenty of detail, and things to do/experiment with. It's literally not applicable to him, MGSV had stellar gameplay. And say what you want about DS but you haven't played it yet and I'm sure we haven't seen anything yet.

Past year meaning 2018? Because I can name several
But I'm willing to bet money you'll try your damdest to be contrarian and say how wrong I am on every one, right?

just don't play the game. Solved your problem.

>it's the John Wick autist again
Yea Forums doesn't need yet another obsessed 24/7 shitposting autist

>Air launchers, juggling, cancels?
Jesus christ SHUT THE FUCK UP. You sound so fucking retarded. Not every game is some brainlet hack and slash, plus we just got DMCV this year. That doesn't have to be every single game. Jesus christ you DMC faggots are insufferable, you have been nonstop shitposting every single game on the board that isn't hack and slash since V was announced. Bunch of rabid cocksuckers, yeah we have all noticed it.

Really don't get why you guys sperg out over these games everytime one has some buzz about it. They aren't the majority of games and i cant think of any good game series that went to shit chasing after them.

I agree entirely with you but the OP is also right. The combat in DS looks like any other Sony "game". Just press X like a moron and win.

Attached: Sony Template.webm (320x180, 2.81M)

I'm betting it's going to be good, but we've hardly seen anything.

Unfortunately normalfaggots love it. Thank WB for shoving bamham combat down our throats so hard till everyone adopted it.

Tlou unironically had good combat you boomer faggot, go back to god hand

Death Stranding just looks like a stealth action game with fuck all customization.

I got DMC5, I'm happy.

I feel you user. I agree with you wholeheartly but that's, like, our opinions, user. If our favorite games can't gain people interest then so be it.
We live in a capitalism society, money talks.
...or maybe you can take a step up and change the game industry yourself.

I agree

it's pasta from yesterday lads. all fields

Holy fuck you panicky little faggot, quit whining like a boomer, just because the medium is expanding into directions you don't care for doesn't mean the shit you like has disappeared. DMC series just released it's best game ever this year; Mordhau is fun as fuck multiplayer without the cancer; Doom Eternal is shaping up to be what Doom 2016 should have been; and plenty of other fun, challenging games that don't take themselves too seriously are still being made. You're a narrow-sighted retard who can't see the bigger picture, Sony isn't the only games company on this planet.

You sound like one of those Yea Forums bitches who think capeshit is somehow blocking other movies from being made.

dumb furry

>Yea Forums says fun is a buzzword and isnt a viable reason that a game is good
>Dev says basically the same thing
>Dev is soi infested because of this
I dont know if it's peak hypocritical or perfectly symbolic of modern Yea Forums.

Yeah, I agree. Having a game where you find better gear over the course of the game is tired trash by now. I want gear to stay the same as the beginning, or maybe even get worse.

>VideO gAmeS WErE Never fUn
Here's your hard won (you), oh humble (you) farmer.

I don't want to hear you complaining about games like Dynasty Warriors then where the game is just about you shutting up, switching off your brain, here's a character and his/her life bar, now go and mow down as many enemies as you can.

Yeah or maybe there are still some 90s era Sony Chads left over that want actual gameplay in their video games. But don't fret my man, its okay to be casual.

>there was a time when even Yea Forums agreed with this sentiment and people got shit on for using “fun” as an argument

This board has been ruined for a long while now and I don’t know why I keep coming back.

>press x like moron and win
This isn't very fair to Bloodborne and Sekiro but hey, look how many ps4 owners bought them. And of the people who bought them, look at the completion rates.

>RDR 2
>best hand to hand combat system

You meant to say God Hand, right?

>MGS is the best stealth series, and best third person action series there is.

Best third person action is DMC series you retarded faggot

What, you don't like early 2000s button mash combat systems? Well la di da.

Gears of War gameplay shits all over MGS V's clunky awkward shit

>TLOU had good gameplay though?

How? the combat is boring realism shit, and realism combat isn't fun.

>that UFC overhand right, despite the fact he's clearly carrying more than his own body weight in cargo
The story will be mind bending and dumb fun (even if only to enjoy ironically while poking at all the plot holes). But man, this game will 1) play like shit 2) win goty because reasons and 3) be forgotten in 12 months or less. Kojimbo might as well call it Dad of Son 2.

John Wick is pretentious fucking garbage made for loser ass edgelord pussyboys that love the idea of watching guys in suits kill each other in nightclubs.

Vanquish is a far better tps than last of us garbage realism shit

I'm surprised you even know what john wick is, considering how fucking far up your own ass you are.

Oh I bet you love John Wick don't you? Oh the choreography, oh the cinematography, oh the colors, oh the usage of lighting and shadow, oh the guns, the guys, they wear suits these guys are wearing suits here as they kill people oh its so amazing oh yeah in my mouth joe, right in my fuckin mouth don't hold back!

Attached: wick.gif (846x352, 2.49M)

I like it for the same reason I like The Raid 2. Just because you're a hyperpretentious jerkoff doesn't mean everyone else is.

Dolboeb

The Raid 2 is fucking garbage. You want to see a good well made fight scene? Watch this, and fucking learn:

youtube.com/watch?v=havZiN8gpM8

You had me going up until then, that was a bit too heavy handed. Still, better than most on Yea Forums these days.

in fairness there is a lot more of a restricted market for theatres and blockbuster movies. Since theatres are big chains and only want to carry so many movies, and some movies are not viable without sufficiently large budgets

Play Nioh. Fun games still do exist. I put 20 hours into the alpha demo for 2 because I keep replaying the same missions.

I am completely and utterly serious in my convictions. Anime basically allows for fight scene that no movie can replicate or create. It is the ultimate form of expression. Look at the way the action is depicted in that scene as well as how perfect Ryuko looks.

>We went from fucking Metal Gear Rising to this?
Not everyone can be a cyborg ninja.

Who cares OP, just don't play these games. Ignore em, mock the plebs to enjoy em.
They're soulless experiences anyway that are becoming more irrelevant at an increasing pace, "hyped" games like the blockbuster AAAyy nu-RDR is completely forgotten after a few months.
There are literally thousands of good games from yesteryear and older generations you can go play, plenty of active old good multipler games too.

Attached: 1532354353637.gif (467x398, 70K)

That’s a duck you retard. Ducks don’t have fur.

I buy video games so I can actually play them not watch an abomination of a story by someone who failed to make it into the film industry
Gaming needs a crash

Attached: nega chad.jpg (695x726, 316K)

Why are people hating on fucking John Wick? Are you a dog hater? Do you hate dogs? Are you a faggot?

Have sex

Have sex

Hot Coldman
Die Hardman
What's next?
Thin Fatman
Shit Peeman
Green Redtubeman

What a hack, and this hack set the trend that every dev aspires to be. Imagine if everyone was chasing after being the next Tommy Wiseau in the movie industry.

To be fair, Days Gone is not that piece of shit Order game, I guess.

Stick to your nintendo / weeb / cartoony / "fun" games then, what's the problem?

I enjoy all kinds of games and I'm glad the industry won't ever listen to faggots like you.

>if it doesn't have air launchers, juggling or cancels it's trash
DMCniggers are the worst

OP is not a faggot.

jannies do your fucking job that you do for free and delete this thread and faggot OP reposting it constantly.

>someone talk bad about my shitty movie non-games jannies remove the thread aaaaaa

Don't lump Kojima in with Druckmann. Kojima Productions's mission statement (pic related) is explicitly about fun. If Death Stranding isn't fun, Kojima will have failed in his mission. If tLoU2 isn't fun, Druckmann will have succeeded.

Attached: message_en_txt.png (750x1367, 116K)

We don't know anything about Death Stranding's combat.

this is just the natural evolution of his one-button CQC from MGS. If anything he pioneered the simple melee combat.

Why does every game need to be dmc? In what way is death stranding's combat any worse than the combat in mgs games?

It looks like fun

Attached: killer whale.webm (960x540, 1.85M)

Because DMC autists can't fucking play their own games for some reason, even though they got a new one 2 months ago
If any game doesn't have the combat depth of dmc, it's shit

Dude, it's just MGSV. Fucking everyone loved MGSV's gameplay. You're delusional, this isn't a spectacle fighter

And her body still looks less appealing that Marie's.
His point still stand, and I'm sure he was talking about the TLOU1 dlc.

natural selection at work :)

That part to me is the least exciting actually. It looks like only every boss fight every. Lame.

Ugh, it seems that you take something like video games far too seriously. Shouldn’t you, like, try having sex or something?

Yup... That one's going directly into my pasta folder...

Yeah I'm tired of all these games where you have to escape on foot from ocean predators swimming through dry land.

Why would anyone play TLoU2; either big nose dies in fist 15 minutes or its going to be shit.

Why the observation with fuck ugly people in video games is beyond me. I'm honestly surprised shes not a fucking whale with rainbow
Hair dye.

Monster Hunter World

Go play Crackdown and Gays Done if you want "fun" games

> Remember fun games like Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, hell, even God of War?

Yeah, some of those just released and are getting new entries soon

Seethe more nincel

si tell how the gameplay in the last if us is bad it gives you plenty of options to kill enemies etc none of you have actually played these games lmao its kinda pathetic you cant accept these games as good because you are a pathetic console tard

i did done had fun man

>TLOU is a character action game with only one punch button

No, it's a third person shooter with stealth and melee elements, what a dumb hypothesis.

That shit sucked. All I could see is a car being rocked left and right in a shallow pool. Utterly terrible and unimaginative set location, same as everything about bladerunner films

> As long as the story is entertaining

How can you expect this? Have you even played a single Kojima game? Those "stories" are terrible

Imagine having this shit of taste

>Remember when video games used to be FUN? Remember when people cared about good gameplay?

These games have fun and good gameplay, though. The problem is, they barely let you actually play

multiplayer games aren't a social activity, user. It's been proven time and time again that online games activate less than 10% of the social brain activity than actual socialising does.

So, I suggest you lay off that addictive mindless online shit, go play some single player kino. Make memories, finish the game then go into real life like a non-incel would

The board has always loved Kojima games though. It's only been recently that brainlet retards spout "MUH HACK MUH HACK HE IS SHIT AND PRETENTIOUS" which haven't even played his games and are just shitposting like faggots. It's a meme his games have always had good gameplay.

>group experiences

Dude, have sex. Seriously, a "clan" isn't a group. It's jut a bunch of sad angry loners huddling together in their addiction

It would appear you are the fake Sony fan, since Last of Us is a Sony produced game while Bloodborne is not.

Well he was generous with that Nier A score, but MEA does not lack diversity

i know right all he has to do is not BUY the game and support a game that doesnt have CINEMATIC cutscenes and more gameplay

there is tons of them out there

i think?

Oh shut up. You don't know shit about video games.

Shut up, you boring faggot. You're not saying anything new or interesting. Contain your virgin rage and play your hack n' slash games.

>It isn't actually fun
Yes it is, is it a standard 3rd person shooter you faggot

>Remember fun games like Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, hell, even God of War?

No.

Real Gamers aren't on Yea Forums.

I don't get all of the complaints about this game. People say it's open world nothingness but it clearly shows him walking through the ruins of old cities.

The Last of Us 2 combat looks like real life, the multiplayer is gonna be fucking insane

Kojima said DS isnt a stealth game

>So the basic concept of Ys action in particular is fighting a bunch of mobs and no matter when you’re fighting them we have to make sure that it’s fun. Within that, when you make that core element of even just fighting the mobs a fun thing, it makes it so much more fun when you do reach a boss and you’re able to move on with that story. That feedback is what drives that enjoyment from the very beginning of the game to the very end.

>For example: Think about bubble wrap… You want to pop the little air pockets. This is something that you keep doing, and you can’t bring yourself to stop. That’s kind of what we are going for with Ys: A game that you can’t stop playing. We discuss this a lot in the office.

This. People make fun of TLOU a lot and I agree to some degree, but the multiplayer of that game was excellent, hope they improve upon it in 2

fucking get over yourself jesus christ
every year something is "dying" to you faggots

Attached: Joey.jpg (1080x1046, 244K)

if your trying to convince people that anime is anything other than garbage at least post something good
youtu.be/xT66YPk0Q5w

What if I like both story driven shit and high fantasy action shit and bing bing wahoos with no focus on story?

Attached: 1534872134998.jpg (720x700, 24K)