What game(s) would you genuinely consider a 10/10 masterpiece?

What game(s) would you genuinely consider a 10/10 masterpiece?

Attached: Pokemon HGSS.jpg (800x788, 132K)

Absolutely not that one.

10/10 means a game you loved & can easily replay, without any part of the game that negatively affected your enjoyment of it

No game in existence is 10/10 perfect. Such a thing cannot exist in this mortal world.

Soul Hackers

I’d say DQIX with all the DLC quests and friends to play with is a 10/10 for me. I’ll never recapture that multiplayer experience, even as I’m playing it right now.

Definitely not HGSS.

Even my most loved unholy amounts of time spent in games I would not count as 10/10. Unattainable ideal.

Tetris is pretty much the only 10/10 game around

10/10 doesn't mean perfect you fucking idiot
> 10/10 is a game you loved & can easily replay, without a aspect that negatively affected your enjoyment of it

Gen 5 zoomers everybody

Fallout: New Vegas
This

You actually posted it, OP.

I fucking loved New Vegas growing up, me & my friends had so much fun searching the wasteland trying to find rare weapons.

MGS3, Metroid Prime and Okami

That's all I'm willing to grant. I don't think 10/10 is unattainable, but it is something that only like one in a million games achieve

I can play use kanto pokemon in gen 1 games with better level design, gen 2 is useless.

both are great imo

Attached: 16C4835A-D6CE-496A-A6E6-249DF827EDC4.jpg (800x716, 131K)

Ocarina of Time
Trails in the Sky SC
Trails in the Sky FC
Digital Devil Saga 2
Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Super Metroid
A Link To The Past
Metroid Prime
SoulCalibur
Final Fantasy VI
MOTHER 3

This.

Seconding this, i hope we get a sequel for the Switch

Okami
Metroid Prime
Bloodborne
DMC3
RE4
Link to the Past
FFVI
Super Metroid
TWEWY

Came here to post this

Definitely not that

Lost count on how many times I've gotten 100% on this bitch.

Attached: 88307-ape-escape-playstation-front-cover.jpg (800x815, 157K)

fortnite

Dishonored

FFV

For the longest time I 100%'d AE1 at least once a year. It's such a fantastic game.

gold and silver become such a drag when you go to Kanto, I don't understand why people like them so much

was about to post this, dq9 is kino and ill never understand why a certain portion of the fanbase hates it with a burning passion

Excellent taste, Bloodborne is fun as fuck when you play it with a friend

Had a really intuitive control scheme that sounds weird on paper but god damn, it really works great with the game. I hope they do something since the franchise is turning 20 this year but I doubt it.

>useless
new types, stat split and breeding were huge changes for the better.

GTA San Andreas is the greatest game of all time

Nah, Sony doesn't give a shit about it anymore. After that Move game that sucked they've just left it on the burner like so many of their older franchises.

Age of Empires II

Attached: 220px-Shinobi_III_-_Return_of_the_Ninja_Master_Coverart.png (220x308, 135K)

bruh thats the best part

Definitely not HG/SS.
On topic:
Legend of Grimrock 2
Paper Mario TTYD
Kirby Superstar
Final Fantasy Tactics
Mario Party 2
Super Metroid
SMT: Strange Journey
Soul hackers
Digimon World 1

i -played this game and gave it like 3 hours. but i just cant get into it, i really want to but i just cant. i like other ds games like ghost trick and 999.

red battle makes crystal the best pokemon

Doing co-op chalic dungeon runs made that shit tolerable

Attached: 1542669400526.png (480x319, 188K)

for it's time, Diablo2

Attached: 1556987191944.jpg (184x184, 7K)

absolutely not

if you go back and look at the variety of catchable pokemon in gen 2 it really makes me sad

Houndoom a gen 2 pokemon was only catchable in gen 1 area. Complete bullshit.

It starts overwhelming at first but eventually the combat clicks. I personally feel that the game really takes off when you get the option to chain battles.

Red isn't even a difficult battle, he is just high level because the level curve on that game is fucked up and you have to grind for months

Tales of Phantasia

>legend of minotaurs 2
Hilarious.

PSP version never ever in this timeline so no.

DOOM (particularly DOOM2/Final DOOM for its expanded bestiary and SSG, though the level design in most of DOOM1 is fantastic). God-tier gunplay, easily recognizable monsters who all have distinct mechanics, and if you get bored of all the official levels there are hundreds of thousands of custom levels, as well as mods of all varieties.

>>>>>>Minotaurs
You having a giggle?

All of those are available in every pokemon sequel.

Attached: 1542198740817.jpg (1073x967, 245K)

Isn't the red battle in Gold/Silver as well?

Ey nigga how boutch'u fix some shitty ass types like ice before you make new ones.

The dream will never die

t. seething hoennbabby

I love W101 to bits, user, but it's far from perfect.
>Please look at the Wii U Gamepad to continue.

>Make two new types to counter the old overpowered type, the two new types in turn become the overpowered ones.
>One of them being the best type in the game for 4 games in a row.
Stat split was not as important as Phys/spec split either.

Sekiro

Ehhh

Attached: 88B248E0-2CA9-41A5-B21D-7F725DF45546.jpg (171x295, 11K)

OP said masterpiece, not garbage user.

it was epic on the mountain

10/10 doesn't mean perfect, how many times do we have to say that you before you understand?

bruh just catching a Fighting type lmao

neh 10/10 means perfect

Cope more, Johtard,

> 10/10 is a game you loved & can easily replay, without a aspect that negatively affected your enjoyment of it
The dual screen segments negatively affect my enjoyment of W101, both the first time I played and any time I replay it.

faggot nigger genwunner

Imagine phys/spec split without stat split and you'll see how retarded that sounds you dumb nigger

then you might as well only play the latest pokemon game for the most up to date features. it's still playable.
physic was broken as fuck man.
>overpowered ones.
it wasn't overpowered initially but through the power creep of gen 4 and 5.
>not as important
sure but it was still useful to have.

Spec Split ruined a fuck ton of Gen 1 pokemon.

Punch Out Wii
Tetris
Puyo Puyo

Attached: 1555028550535.gif (320x320, 2.11M)

That's not even the best pokemon game

Attached: crystal clear.png (320x288, 3K)

such as?

>it wasn't overpowered initially
Skarmory says hi.

This bait only works on /vp/, I'm pretty sure.

This is my all time #1

Attached: il_794xN.431638336_86up.jpg (794x695, 155K)

You can tell who is underageb& or borderline-underageb& zoomers just by what they say in this thread.

wtf are you on about? a single ember can kill Skarmory lmao

Slowbro
Alakazam
Exegutor

Ocarina of Time
Link to the Past
Super Mario World
Super Mario Galaxy
TWEWY
Metroid Prime
Wii Sports
Tetris
Age of Empires II
Doom
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Original Version)
Battlefield 1942
COD: Modern Warfare 2
Halo 3
Resident Evil 4

Dumb pedo

Ez

Attached: H2x1_NSwitchDS_ResidentEvil4_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 311K)

I am 28 and hate genwun boomer faggots, they are embarrassing

>gold and silver become such a drag when you go to Kanto
>When you hear Vermillion's theme for the first time

Attached: 1558995878654.jpg (600x450, 33K)

E.V.O

And the phys/spec split didn't ruin anything?

I mean it's far from just that, W101 has way too many ranked missions on shit that isn't the main gameplay. I wouldn't even mind that, but so many unlockables are gatekept behind ranks. Very stupid that i can excel at the type of game that W101 is supposed to be but not be able to get stuff because I'm not so good at shmups or Punch Out

Attached: 1_UQvniJG15SimdvlU1-mI8A[1].png (1280x720, 862K)

No, because it was retroactively fixed by giving every single type in the game both a physical and special attack.

You are not a person if your first Pokemon game is in gen III.

terrible character development: the game

That is some top tier delusion.

fuck off genwunner

This game’s boring as shit

???????
The only way Phys/spec split could "Ruin" anything is if they no longer had access to the type because they didn't add a phys/spec version of it.
There is not a single type in the entire series that doesn't have both a spec or phys attack.

cope harder hoennbabby

This, if your game isn’t post-physical split, it’ll never be GOAT.

You can't argue that the races were poorly balanced and running a team of all minos played itself.

Muh psychic types

He's not evena genwunner.
He's a Johtard who rides on the coatails on genwunners.

I started with Pokemon Blue all the way back, gen 1 and 2 have aged terribly and are the worst in the franchise

Races could have been balanced better yeah, but rats are the OP ones.

That may be a 10/10 for pokeshit standards, but for an average game its, really stretching it, a 5/10, GameFreak couldn't make a good game if their life depended on it.

>Definitely not HG/SS
>Legend of Grimrock 2
>Paper Mario TTYD
>Super Metroid
I've never met anyone as based and redpilled as I...

Attached: 1499478935633.jpg (1280x716, 257K)

>immediately react to someone shitting on hoenn
>b-but i'm actually genwun XD XD
It doesn't count if you didn't know how to read at the age of 3, user.

the guy blocking you from exploring south of violet city doesnt exist anymore, so you can jsut walk over and get a mareep to sweep his gym

and theres a huge level jump right before the E4 for some reason

Diablo II
Halo 2/3
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Persona 5
Ocarina of Time
Super Mario 64
Age of Empires II

Good tier:
Gen 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7

Unknown tier:
Gen 8

Shit tier:
Gen 3

Gen 5 zoomer here. BW2 is the best followed by HGSS then Platinum. All gens from 5 and older are good. Gen 6 and 7 are shit.

Attached: 63447296_p0.jpg (1440x1800, 852K)

Johto was such a comfy setting

The rng factor balances it out I think. Fuck skull stacking minos though.

gen 1 and 2 are shit, gen 3 is also antiquated but okay

Ultra Sun and Moon are pretty good

Same thoughts. Only nostalgiafags and casuals disagree

Neversoft's Spider-Man for sure

Attached: 516.gif (500x281, 565K)

Pic related and Ys VIII

Attached: 438d822825b53c7e19f821ab614c179f6a47edbd.jpg (616x353, 51K)

>Ultra Sun and Moon are pretty good

Attached: 1539165450231.png (200x313, 44K)

I actually bought my DS for this. I saw this game on a magazine and found the main character cool, and it was set in Japan. Never regretted it.

Uh-oh Spidey!

I love every generation, if not for the mechanics, I always love seeing new additions to the Dex. However, ORAS and USUM are the only games that i've never played more than once and that's a sign of their overall quality of gameplay, I think.

I don't understand why people say this. It flirts with the idea of an oriental setting but 90% of the time it's just generic pokemon areas.

For a 100 hour story focused game the characters were shit and the plot was mediocre
Nobody would give two shits about persona if it didnt have waifus

>brainlet wojack memes are pretty good
I hope your mother gets run over by a lawnmower, Caleb.

Attached: 295367-suikoden-ii-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 134K)

pleb

bump

Black/White 2 > Ultra Sun/Moon > Platinum > Emerald > Black/White > don't bother with the rest

None because no game is perfect.

Yeah remember when you fought spiderman so hard that he TURNS INTO BATMAN

Not even fucking close, P5baby. P3 and 4 are leagues better, and those aren't 10/10 either

bump

any one who disagrees with op is a faggot from reddit

Prime could be a 10/10 if they ported it to PC with proper mouse controls. As is it's a 9/10 at best.

Paper Mario TTYD and Pokemon Colosseum.

> Colosseum
Absolutely based. I'm not sure if I'd call it a 10/10, but it's certainly the high water mark for the Pokemon series.

7/10 at best

Literally no one but me has played this. Still a masterpiece, though.

Attached: 250px-MightAndMagic6Box.jpg (250x296, 42K)

TWEWY was fucking amazing.

Attached: zelda_majoras_mask_3d.0.0.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

The combat is complete shit, that alone takes away it's 10/10 status. Nevermind all it's other flaws.

>NOT ENOUGH KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

zoomer

8/10

every game has some flaw

Don't how terrible ME3 was, i love this game & it will always be my all time favorite

Attached: Mass Effect.png (631x848, 1.25M)

Some flaws don't affect people's overall enjoyment of a game, if you can play through it without encountering that one aspect that absolutely pissed you off then it's a 10/10

This

Make way for the real 10/10 masterpiece.

Attached: Pokémon Alpha Sapphire-01.png (1390x1237, 2.31M)

Battlefront II is 9/10

Battlefront is 10/10

For me personally I'd say Soul Sacrifice Delta

Attached: Similia.jpg (521x522, 108K)

The worst thing I can say is Dixie is too much better than Diddy or Cranky. Would unironically preorder the next installment.

Attached: cover-256.png (256x360, 190K)

This is my favorite game of all time. It's so perfect.
Too bad Sakurai is a slave to smashfags so he probably won't make a sequel.

Attached: SI_3DS_KidIcarusUprising_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 269K)

Im tired of people overrating HG and SS.

The only good games are gen 1 and 2 when it wasnt explicitly for kids.

what is so good about it?

In my mind, there are no true 10/10 games to me. There is simply no game on the market that could ever be considered flawless because that implies there is nothing that can go wrong.

A 10/10 to me is a game which provides a great amount of entertainment, has compelling world design, characters, story, and lore, has numerous ways to play, and is nearly bug-free. This would equate to a 40 on my personal rating scale and the closest thing possible to a perfect game for its genre.

Games I think could be placed into this range include Pokemon HGSS, Halo 2 (Anniversary post-patches), Starcraft: Brood War, and maybe even Factorio upon its 1.0 release.

Yoshi's island, Diablo ii, Warcraft 3, Super Mario Bros 3, Terraria

Unironically Bloodborne. I consider it a flawless masterpiece on the same level as oot and doom. For me its literal perfection

Attached: 1555349206731.jpg (1280x1201, 237K)

Have this copypasta I made.
>legitimately heartfelt story with likable characters that grow and develop, to the point that even the side characters have their own development
>heavily vocalized OST that enhances the setting of the world and covers a large variety of genres
>soundtrack shuffles as you either exit out of the pause menu, go to another area sometimes, or go into a random battle
>you can change your own pause menu to anyone of your favorite tracks
>you can change the difficulty at anytime and if you suck at the game, it allows you to put your partner in auto until you git gud
>if you die in a battle, you can retry again on your current difficulty or lower it to easy
>you can lower your own health for increased item drops for an awesome risk-vs-reward factor
>you can choose when to fight at anytime with almost no random encounters outside of story related battles and later ambushes
>after you beat the game, you can access any chapter in the main story at anytime you want and unlock bonus content that fleshes the world even more. You can also change your partner whenever and can take on a whole slew of extra bosses hidden within the chapters, even the ones that kicked your ass before
>battle system that takes full advantage of the DS’ hardware in incredibly creative and fun ways
>you can mix and match your gameplay style in anyway you want, whether it’d be close corner combat, long ranged attacks, or a mixture of both.
>fucking TIN PIN SLAMMER
TWEWY is legitimately one of my favorite games of all time. The combat can start off overwhelming at first, but once you get used to it, it becomes an absolute joy to play and the aesthetic and game design all tie it together so well.

Attached: 3630D3FE-D29A-48E6-8300-41170464E85D.jpg (1000x1090, 299K)

i'd love, for once, to walk in to a town and not be halted by pointless dialogue by lame-ass characters. Let me explore the damn place myself

Wrath unleashed very obscure I know

bump

Good taste

patrician taste.

Attached: tumblr_pnln5tHMIc1u2oaono1_1551295362_cover.jpg (500x500, 68K)

There are only two to me, Final Fantasy 6 and Mega Man X. 7 comes close, but doesn't have the depth, to match what 6 did. Admittedly, I never completed FF6 in my childhood, and I never got the themes of FF6 until I got into adult hood.

Easily Sengoku Rance

Bloodborne. Can't really think of any others I've played from this gen that I'd rate that high.

Attached: 1557281553551.jpg (1402x2160, 218K)

the absolute state of hysterical pokefags

Aria of Sorrow for GBA.

>Paper Mario finally getting all that money and attention it deserves
>But now wasted on shallow "durr Bowser does bad thing" plots, koopalings, humor that's basically endless Toad jokes, removing all rpg elements, thing puzzles that make Lucasarts look sane and zero referencces to anything that isn't from New Super Mario Bros except one cmeo by Birdo and Dino Rinos.

It shouldn't have ended this way

Attached: 234366347.png (221x223, 4K)

based
cringe
ABSOLUTELY BASED

The level curve wasn't fixed and I can't fuck my Pokemon despite them having obvious crushes on you at times.

Attached: 1556547188351.jpg (459x503, 23K)

Attached: 8090bff66d88bacbfcd24245b5b451ad.jpg (700x1000, 78K)

Can I nominate Grandia?

Terrible opinion, ORAS was the most offensive remake of pokemon games

Attached: 36575676.jpg (1267x743, 97K)

Johto is about 90% kanto

> to walk in to a town and not be halted by pointless dialogue by lame-ass characters
Literally every pokémon game. Go fuck a dog, /vp/.

closest game to a 10/10 i've come across, fucking shame on square for not putting any effort into the switch port's combat and that fucking terrible sequel bait holy shit kill me

HG/SS would be so much better to me if they didn't butcher the fucking soundtrack with the Gen 4 soundfont. It's just so fucking bad.

Dragons Dogma

>3DS Pokemon
>Masterpiece

Attached: 1464467632297.gif (420x300, 3.2M)

Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Breath of the Wild
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Xillia
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Journey
Persona 4
Persona 5
Ys VIII
Danganronpa
Danganronpa v3
Steins Gate
Virtue's Last Reward
Xenoblade Chronicles
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Attached: thief box.jpg (800x1006, 111K)

Final Fantasy VII. I played it for the first time around '99 when I was a child and has been the game I can resonate with the most.
I loved the atmosphere, music, character flaws, and just about everything else. Aeris's death used to be a tear-jerker for me when I was a kid, but Nanaki's scene with Seto really touched me when I got older. Overall, everything in tandem in that game was very well orchestrated. definitely the closest 10/10 game I can think of off the top of my head.

Attached: ffviibarrettrain.jpg (957x755, 121K)

I love the game to death but I wouldn't call it a 10/10, there just is so much bullshit in it that I can't replay it.

Based

As well as the first one

Attached: Paper%20Mario%3A%20The%20Thousand-Year%20Door.jpg (600x826, 434K)

bump

Attached: 220px-Pokemon_White_2.png (220x196, 84K)

Another wonderful DS game

Attached: ghost_trick_by_photia_d5crz00-fullview.jpg (900x1165, 129K)

pokemon hg [mostly because i grew up as a pokefag and am unable to rate it objectively], final fantasy ix, prof layton 2, 428.

How do yall love this game so much with such an awful control scheme. Music and atmosphere are S tier for sure but I hated every moment I was actually playing the game.

We were able to git gud.

Attached: 43F52827-20F2-40C2-9BE9-425067747C1E.jpg (2409x1448, 721K)

Based stump user.

This one is pretty much an idea 10/10

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1024x768, 256K)

bump

the control scheme is excellent and directly ties into the themes of the game, and the fact that the ports simplify the combat makes them a lot worse

>no battle frontier

9/10 for me

Unironically the one you just posted. It's the physical embodiment of the word comfy.

Attached: tumblr_mb6ju10oY21qh0ocho1_500.gif (500x375, 699K)

The partner controls were cool, I'll give you that. The touch screen controls for doing everything with neku sucked major ass, you're a crazy person if you find those enjoyable.

As someone who was introduced to the Souls series with Dark Souls 3, I genuinely enjoyed almost all aspect of the game.

Also Nier Automata. The story and the world building was amazing. The dodge mechanic was satisfying and fun.

If a man with a stump for a hand can beat the game just fine, maybe the problem is just you, dude. Controlling Neku feels fun as fuck, especially with the insane amount of customizability there is to be had with his moveset,

Hoennbabbies don't know soul if it bit them in the ass.

>Gen 5 zoomers
No, Gen 5 is based. That's a Gen 6/7fag

what about them was bad? i generally found the touch controls responsive (aside from some messy ones like drawing a circle or scratching on an enemy), then you had an option to enable and disable certain pins by pressing your bumper to avoid accidentally setting off similar effects

DKC 2. I've lost count of the number of times I've completely finished it.

Attached: 1527383481216.png (199x195, 25K)