Attached: second.jpg (221x443, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18083558/
youtube.com/watch?v=irMPqha2YtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HOq0fLaLeqY
nintendoeverything.com/smash-bros-masahiro-sakurai-no-goku-ballot/
youtube.com/watch?v=TJg6-IcKVNw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does anybody know a game company that owes Nintendo a solid?

>owes Nintendo
It would be more like someone Nintendo owes something. A Smash appearance is a pretty high profile advertisement.

Here's your DLC, bros:
>Steve
>Erdrick
>Stack of Goombas
>Movie Sonic

Lava Piranha Plant

>Steve
>Movie Madason
>Stack of Goombas
>Movie Sonic

See you at E3.

Attached: dlc.png (1744x542, 1.33M)

Bethesda & Microsoft come to mind

Setting aside the issue of who it is for a second, what do we think we're getting at E3? One reveal that comes out months later? A reveal that is released right away? 2 reveals, with one being immediately released and one coming later?

I know Erdrick is a realistic possibility and assuming he's fighter #2, that means they would no doubt reveal him at E3 which I find weird. Dragon Quest is basically non-existent in the west, so saving his reveal for a western event located in the US primarily watched by western audiences just seems off.

I dunno I guess I'm just talking out of my ass.

Morrigan would be based as fuck, but you can piss off with Banjoke and Erdrone.

Ah yes now i get it

Create meme to market new features in game

Fuck nintendo they suck

Morrigan should get in and instead of a 3d model it should be the same DS1 sprites that Capcom ported to 99% of the games shes been in since then

Attached: ilxkr1h381c01.gif (500x700, 231K)

They just need to show the slime in the trailer for people to go "oh those games". People exaggerate how unknown DQ is in the west.
Furthermore, nips don't care about watching things live, they are perfectly fine with waking up to DQ news.
Also Nintendo is retarded and so is SE, save me from this hell.
Also also, I am not against BK, I made this graph just to get BKfans to stop being a nuisance

Attached: owo.png (1176x560, 20K)

Im pretty sure they had a statement bacl during the launch of the game for japanese people that read they were working on Joker, two other characters and one "big thing". Joker and stage builder already released so the two fighters will most definitely be revealed soon.
I say this because IF we get Erdrick this e3 then something else for the western audience will surely follow.
They've done this sort of thing all the time.
Since we saw "Brave" first then whomever that is will release first.

R E I M U

Attached: 15297812476526.jpg (850x478, 468K)

This is the only correct answer.

RICH NIGGAS

Attached: ID46eVU.gif (295x221, 2.97M)

>Never ever

Attached: 1310575598397.jpg (1680x1050, 166K)

IT'S TIME

Attached: 1559160661744.png (1920x1075, 2.19M)

Its the guy from graal online classic,calling it right now

DARK NIGGAS

Attached: SorrowfulFickleBoaconstrictor-size_restricted.gif (251x251, 407K)

imagine the shitstorm if not only it's steve, they present him like this really big treat for western fans

HE'S IN

Attached: cac1dc19c1ed2c9.png (1024x576, 3K)

Why does Steve look like a twitter meme?

Ah fuck, you made me think there was some new leak going on until I realized that's taken from the visual they showed day one lol

SPACE NIGGAS

Attached: 0de887df874bf7ae2bfffb261b695c51.jpg (340x400, 32K)

Attached: time.png (964x681, 365K)

Attached: yorjp6.gif (320x180, 1.34M)

>have literally supported Nintendo on every single one of their platforms except Virtual Boy
>one of the first supporters of the Wii Virtual Console
>one of the first supporters of the NES Online system
>supported the NES Classic
>worked together on multiple franchises together such as Fatal Frame and Metroid
>has made fully fledged crossover games based on The Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem
Koei Tecmo has been there for Nintendo for ages. It's his time to shine.

Attached: 1547549637098.png (2880x1800, 135K)

I actually would be fine with Ryu Hayabusa as our new ninja boi.

One of my most wanted. But I might be biased since NG's in limbo until further notice.

Attached: 1393453446609.jpg (375x250, 8K)

I would unironically like this

BROS VERGEBEN JUST SENT ME THIS

Attached: real smash leak from veregben.png (1822x706, 938K)

>Kramer
oh no he's gonna say it bros

Microsoft. They're literally allowing games like Cuphead and Minecraft on the switch, and if rumors are to be believed, possibly mabey(hopefully) even Rare Replay and the Master Cheif Collection.
Micorosft also has ownership of one of the biggest video game icons in existence. I believe Nintendo owes Microsoft a little, Heres to hoping Banjo Kazooie get picked. Steve and DoomGuy would also be cool I guess

Attached: Screenshot_20190530-182325_Chrome.jpg (1077x1040, 597K)

That'd be dope.

>Rare Replay

Literally never gonna happen because of the amount of games that use the 360 backwards compatibility in it.

It's Leon S. Kennedy
I'll bet actual cash

Fake news.
Its a leak on Yea Forums.
The only leak on Yea Forums that became true was one of the kid whose dad works at Nintendo, But cases like his are extremely rare and only happen on rare occasions. Dont believe every wackjob you see on Yea Forums user.

It has to be either Leon/Jill or Phoenix Wright, realistically.

>morrigan
never happening in a trillion years but imagine being able to eternal slumber the entire smash roster

We have enough capcom characters

The DLC-

>Generic blade user 2 owned by a japanese company that'll have a down B counter because what the fuck else can they have?

>>Generic blade user 3 owned by a japanese company that'll have a down B counter because what the fuck else can they have?

>>Generic blade user 4 owned by a japanese company that'll have a down B counter because what the fuck else can they have?

>>Generic blade user 5 owned by a japanese company that'll have a down B counter because what the fuck else can they have?

Don't expect anything good or what the fans want. As stated by Reggie, Joker is Emblematic of this DLC.

I disagree highly.
If that was the case, why are they porting Xbox games on to PC even though they originally worked for the Xbox 360?

Bethesda
Ubisoft
Microsoft
SNK

You couldn't choose a more generic character. Everyone knows this terrible character will have a down B counter.

>3 sega franchises
>only 2 capcom franchises
it's only fair
if phoenix or jill aren't hype for you then you're a major fag

HERE'S YOUR DLC CHARACTERS

LIQUID SNAKE
ISABELLE BUT EVEN CUTTER
DOOM GUY BUT HE DIDN'T HAD TIME TO PICK UP WEAPONS
SLIME FROM DRAGON QUEST
HAT KID

I WORK AT NINTENDO IN MY D&D GROUP, TRUST ME

>like Cuphead
microsoft doesn't own cuphead or its distribution rights in any way, shape or form, the chad brothers have said so themselves and studio mdhr published it on switch themselves

Attached: 1553020790553.jpg (500x397, 84K)

We have two + one echo.

Plus Resident Evil is absolutely deserving of Smash representation. It pretty much created the fucking survival horror genre.

Replace Morrigan with Nako and we're golden.

Attached: nakoruru1.jpg (600x514, 46K)

This would be genuinely great. I'd have absolutely no complaints.

>Blizzard gets a rep
>it's not green Jesus
This is clearly bullshit.

you think you're funny but you're actually a faggot
kill yourself

>They're gonna either port a goddamn official Xbox 360 emulator to a competitor's console or have to fully port 8 or 9 Xbox 360 games on top of having to port Rare Replay to the goddamn Switch

would sakurai go for leon (because of RE2 remake) or jill (overall legacy)?

Ahem
>Joker
>Banjo
>Phoenix Wright / Miles Edgeworth
>Quote / Curly Brace
>Doomguy
This will be your DLC for tonight.

Attached: 6D735F5A-257C-45EF-8B2F-E567BD0EC78D.jpg (1280x1000, 117K)

>touhou
In your dreams, pal.

Attached: 1515916740121.png (600x470, 548K)

He'd go for Nemesis.

If they supposedly port MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION then whats stopping them from porting a bunch of n64 games? You DO know DMC and Resident Evil is already on switch right? Give me a break.

SPICY NIGGERS

Attached: 251658_897477241314_4821890_n.jpg (540x720, 64K)

Wow nice pessimism, I bet you're the life of the party.

faggot

Clock tower started the survival horror genre, and RE killed it with 4

i'd fucking strangle him

Then it will be Erdrick. If Erdrick is is, then he is Brave. I think he would be announced at that tournament thing, possibly before it so participants can actually play as him in the tournament. A tournament with a completely new character would get people fascinated, regardless of who that character is. Also, Shonen Jump is going to have surprising DQ news the day after, so it might be that.

>onions

Attached: el oh el.jpg (964x565, 83K)

Nothing wrong with 2hu

Attached: 15297802476384.jpg (1000x1754, 176K)

Attached: sada.jpg (600x518, 15K)

Wrong series, strike one, try again

It's going to suck so much if they only do one reveal. It's been half a year ffs.

>Ryu Hayabusa
>Dante
>Erdrick
>Adol If just for the OST
If I'm really thinking outside of the box here, Grookey is probably going to evolve into a sword user and get a free DLC too.

It's going to be A FE rep, mark my words

>Itsuno says that Dante can't be in Smash because DMC has not been on Nintendo consoles
>Offhandedly says something like "Let's fix that"
>DMC is released on Switch like a fucking month later

Anyone who doesn't see the writing on the wall is retarded. He's in.

Attached: JPEG_20190306_213334_cropped.png (321x321, 139K)

Leon would be the better choice for a Nintendo crossover game because of how big RE4 was for the Gamecube, and because he's arguably the fan favorite.

god I wish we got a good FE rep, we’ll get Edelgard or Byleth and only nu-Emblem fujos will be happy

Attached: BADBC07C-F5C5-4014-BA99-B0DB57CE60D7.jpg (2000x3000, 1.35M)

No more playstation characters pls

Yeast is too obscure of a series. He does look kinda cool though

Attached: Adol_Ys_4_Memories_of_Celceta.png (532x930, 151K)

Nah, down B would be the fire shield powerup like Mega Man leaf shield.

You can even tell it was a rush job in time for E3 because they just ported DMC rather than the HD collection.
I can't believe more people haven't made this connection.

You faggots are all wrong. This is the real DLC.
>Character you don't like

As much as I love DMC, Resident Evil is the obvious choice for the next Capcom rep.

It's obscure, but it's a long running series that's had a lot of Nintendo releases. Probably the "anime sword boy" I'd be least disappointed with though he's incredibly unlikely.

that's retarded
maybe next game, not happening this time

You would think that but Sakurai specifically has said that he picks characters who he thinks he can make a good moveset for. No one in RE besides maybe Wesker has any damn moves.

Don’t care who gets in
Just want someone to get btfo so we can move on to the next bro v bro saga

Attached: E56A2020-DA5E-4DAC-A627-D36A978F9EE7.gif (334x184, 339K)

>tfw all I want is Crash
I can only dream.

Attached: 1530882076598.jpg (225x225, 6K)

I like Adol but he'd never get a spot due to looking nearly identical to Roy.

Judging by peoples reactions to Erdrick, I don't think Adol will go over too well on this board. He'd still be a good pick though.

>You would think that but Sakurai specifically has said that he picks characters who he thinks he can make a good moveset for.

The man made movesets for a goddamn potted plant and a dog who was only known for laughing at you. I don't think Leon/Jill would be too hard for him.

are you seriously trying to make this argument damn near 20 years after Jill was added to MvC? She had enough moves then.

That's nonsense, user. All that matters is sales and popularity, not about uniqueness or whether they can bring anything new to the gameplay.

Hunter from monster hunter, new non-world MH reveal

Seriously, people on this board are so uncreative with movesets. They always default to either "no moves" or "they'd be a clone of ___" rather than actually trying to work something out.

I thought it was something more along the lines of having to have a vision for how they'd fight. Villager and Isabelle just pull random tools and objects out from their pockets, the RE characters have all had more than enough melee animations and weapons over the years for him to make a serviceable moveset out of.

But Sakurai will pick Dante because sword.

Also stated by Reggie.

>"These are going to be characters that are new to the series. Just like Joker from Persona 5. Characters that you would not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate"

Leon would have tons of shit to work with plus is just a badass in general, people saying he would just be a Snake clone are fucking idiots.

Attached: INV_02c.jpg (1920x1080, 795K)

this
Jill could literally just copypaste MvC2 moves (zombie summon, fireball, healing herbs, Tyrant super) and be more unique than most of the cast.

This, I'm just waiting at this point.

Attached: 2034987.jpg (1630x2048, 967K)

Midna
Alucard
2B

Erdrick

Attached: shhh.gif (310x262, 260K)

>lazy niggas

Attached: images(24).jpg (480x360, 23K)

>Plantposter

Attached: sleepybrave.png (500x245, 237K)

PSYCHO NIGGAS

Imagine if that google theory is true and these brutal niggers are the reps and banjo is just there. the contrast would be hilarious.

Attached: D6Z_yGRW0AIod7h.jpg (680x313, 50K)

Someone from the Atelier series.

wasn't that debunked?

Adol "Adventure Autist" Christin would unironically be one of the most truly unexpected characters (at least on Yea Forums) to appear in Smash, but also one of the most based and reasonable choices possible in hindsight, despite being an anime swordsman. Having a series with legendary music that literally shaped the video game music industry certainly helps, too.

Attached: 1542565539733.jpg (840x355, 109K)

Piranha plant had tons of inspiration to work with from the different sub-species of plant in the Mario games. Duck hunt, also had a lot to work with from the different Light Gun games. Meanwhile, RE characters are just realistic humans with realistic guns. I can name lots of more interesting characters than that. Compare them to Joker, who has a Thief motif, wields a dagger, a pistol and a stand. And people wonder why he was picked over Jack Frost.

It doesn't help that the RE characters in MVC3 besides Wesker ended up being the most boring character in the entire series. Jill's ability to summon zombies wouldn't even work in a game like Smash.

"RE created the survival horror genre, it deserves a rep more than any other Capcom franchise, even if it doesn't fit!"

Guess we better get a rep from Angry Birds for popularizing mobile games, huh Yea Forums?

Resident Evil is great and all but makes no fucking sense as a Smash character, lmao.

"But Snake is in the game, he barely fits!" The exception that proves the rule.

Don't fill your diaper when we get Monster Hunter, Phoenix or Dante.

BROKE NIGGAS

Attached: travis.gif (500x339, 998K)

While Micorosft does not have legal ownership of Cuphead, Cuphead was under a exclusivity deal up until now. Also it was actually Microsoft themselves who offered Stuido MDHR to make a switch port for Cuphead. Definitely worth the Google, as Zach Galifiinakis would say.

Attached: 1ns8tg.jpg (2524x1419, 232K)

idk.

Yes. A lot.

Sorry, Nintendo wants a DLC that sells and is factually possible, and only Phoenix Wright can apply to both.

>Jill's ability to summon zombies wouldn't even work in a game like Smash
???
diddy does something similar with bananas, why would it not work?

>shitting on the idea of a RE rep then begging for more sword characters

Yea Forums as usual, I see

Although that theory is kinda questionable, it would be pretty funny. You'd have these toughened up, brooding macho men with a whole list of casualties who literally rip out guts and wont hesitate to blow up their enemies to bit from brutal video games........then there's Banjo Kazooie. Two literal colorful cartoon characters.
The mere thought of it is pretty hilarious.

Literally what the fuck would Leon even do.

>BUT WHATABOUT FORTNITE/random dumbshit app
this isn't and has never been an argument

tbf you have to assume at least 3/5 of the fighter pass will have down b counters

>Wishing for another fast swordsman with a down b counter
The absolute state

they're going to do a two character reveal

are you actually mad

It's so stupid I want it now.

>bro that's not even an argument shut up
This isn't and has never been an argument.

See how easy it is to be a fucking retard? Good job missing the point entirely bud.

He's in.

Attached: geralt.jpg (1280x720, 207K)

You DID donate to her shrine, right?

Attached: Th145Reimu2.png (808x1041, 638K)

I feel like banjo and erdrick have never been in competition with each other and the only reason people pit them against each other is because of vergeben and the idea that if erdrick is in then so is steve.

realistically at this point steve is not in and there are plenty of things that show that vergeben's steve source was probably a mistake. both erdrick and banjo can get in

Pistols, Shotguns, Rifles, Knives, Kicks, Suplexs, Rocket Launcher would a fucking perfect Final Smash

Attached: Melee-Kick-resident-evil-4-39355869-500-281.gif (500x281, 1019K)

Search your heart, you know it to be true

exterminate steve and we'll talk, shrine maiden.

be a better fit for smash than an irrelevant cartoon bear or a bayonetta echo?

>confirmed not playing mvc2
Her zombies and assists spawn from off-screen. It works in a traditional 2D fighter, but not in Smash, where the arena is an island and stage interactions are a much bigger factor

Alright then, give me something from Hayabusa's history that would suffice as a Down+B Counter. I'm genuinely curious.

I want to Izuna Drop niggas as much as you do, ninja bro.

Attached: aaa.jpg (680x453, 45K)

Just for fun, I'd like to remind everyone on some details of the dlc.
>It was stated that the goal of the FP is to bring in new people who wouldn't normally play Smash.
>Nintendo has stated that they would like to use Smash for promotional purposes.
>The characters have been described as characters you wouldn't normally expect to see in Smash.
>Sakurai has admitted that Smash bros does have an advertising effect.
>The characters were chosen by Nintendo, but Sakurai would determine whether they would work. It's unknown whether he was given a broad list to choose from or if he was simply given veto power over a narrow list.
>Joker is supposedly "emblematic" of the entire pass.

Just thought i'd consolidate this info for the sake of speculation.

Imagine Snake and Joker had a baby and that baby also roundhouse kicks and suplexes the shit out of things

No. I don't like wasting money on literally whos

So a discount Snake? Got it.

have them emerge from the ground behind her
this is the biggest non-issue

>Snake Function
>Joker Function
>Ken Function
>Incineroar Function
wow I'm so excited

strawpoll.me/18083558/
>Banjokes losing to Reimu of all characters
Sad!

holy fuckin shit wasn't prepared for that spook

Phoenix and Quote would be great. I'd prefer Apollo instead of Miles but I wouldn't mind.

>Corrin's wife has long blue hair
OH NO NO NO WATCH OUT CORRIN, SHE MIGHT GET ADVENTURED ON BY AUTISM ADVENTURE MAN

>Characters you would not anticipate to be in Smash Ultimate
Thanos
Apharmd (Virtual On: Cyber Troopers)
Aero The Acrobat
Asagi - Nippon Ichi

seething

Having a sword.

>Banjo

Attached: Samus_Master_Chief2.jpg (676x874, 602K)

>Leon is the only character in Resident Evil now

Not an argument, Joker's counter was using actual skills from his game and there's a few others like this too

deconfirmed

Man I wonder who has recent Switch games that Nintendo would want to push

Attached: re4eshop.png (1305x730, 718K)

I will literally chuck my Nintendo Switch at the crippled kid local if it's a FE rep. Waste of fucking time

he's in

Attached: 1550560023861.jpg (1199x659, 56K)

I am entirely ok with this, but the japs classically arn't since they tend too sell like shit in japan but well in the west. I'd agree with the leaker push on DQ shit if it wasn't for how much active disdain SE has for Nintendo. I'd shift to monster Hunter but Rathelos is already a boss and Nintendo explicitly said new shit from franchises not related too smash. This is also why Panel DE Pon, Rayman, most indie stuff, bomberman and several others are out. If anything I legit think the Reimoofags have a legitimate shot since the newest canon touhou fighting game got on the switch.

Reimu is probably the most interesting character Sakurai could pick. Fuck salesfags, rulefags and westacucks. A lot of Touhou game mechanics transition well to Smash.
>Graze
>Focus
>Spell cards
>Bullet hell projectiles
>Physics-based yin yang orbs

There are a shit ton of Touhou games coming to the Switch as well. She deserves to be in.

Attached: 1549590019916.jpg (560x750, 249K)

Sorry, but Marisa is superior to that smelly armpit whore in ever single way.

Attached: tonightYOU.jpg (500x500, 51K)

wasn't Devil May Cry recently ported?

> Japanese Girl
> Japanese Boy
> Japanese Girl
> Japanese Boy
This is what the DLC will be, don't even try to deny it because you know i'm right

youtube.com/watch?v=irMPqha2YtQ
ZANGETSU NIGGAS

Every Puyo character has a counter in their games, does this mean she's in?

>Rules
Antimony is on the Switch, no? That's a clear cut "Official" Touhou game. It's more than what Joker has, or Cloud had, anyways.

Attached: Arle.gif (1024x696, 3.18M)

It's getting one, but Dante is still deconfirmed.

>*down-Bs to transform himself into a "friendly" demon to get closer to her and then blasts her in the back with high-octane magic from one of his many magical staves*
>*uses magic to teleport behind her and finish her off with a fiery greatsword and an electric rapier combo*
*pssh, nothing personnel, blue-hair...*
*but the adventures must continue.*

Attached: chadol.png (300x430, 160K)

SE and Nintendo's relationship has been great as of late. Also DQ is traditionally released on Nintendo systems and often times published by Nintendo themselves in the west.

MYSTERY MYSTERY NIGGAS

Attached: rokkenjima dlc.jpg (1000x720, 63K)

>Deconfirmed by the same guy who denied the existence of Halo 2 Anniversary less than a year before it was released
He ain't deconfirmed until another MS rep is revealed or the last character is revealed.

Like I said earlier, if anything Reimufags have a legitimate shot since they fit all the rosterfag rules, and we know NoJ are doing the picks, so no western shit except banjo or an undertale/minecraft pick. We also know it's only new shit.

Ya but Hayabusa has a sword though, if he puts it up he can counter with it.

But is Sakurai willing too deal with them, he got shafted fucking hard with cloud twice in a row and I doubt Sakurai won't personally throw his weight around too fuck SE over for that.

Wasn't the whole deal with Dante "I wouldn't let him appear unless he gets into Nintendo consoles"? That with DMC being ported feels definitely like it was on purpose.
Besides no one truly knows at this point how the fuck does NDAs work for each character, so it could have been done especially on purpose to avoid any development issue.

I would unironically main Leon Kennedy.

SE is so disjointed he would mostly be dealing with totally different people. Also, the fact that he actually went through with getting Cloud despite the lack of stuff shows that he is. Also, considering the need for promotion of DQ in the west, this would be a very mutually beneficial deal.

Stay tuned for DLC #2, Leon S Kennedy. His neutral B is a gun, hold down the button for continuous fire. He's a fast swordsman that utilizes his advanced skills with a knife to deliver deadly combos.

>Nintendo is now blatantly using the ovnoxiousness of rosterfags to market their game.
If they just told use what the characters were, there'd only be a few people left talking about the gameplay itself.

not really. nintendofags only buy nintendo games.

Ryu if anything would put Marth's moveset to shame. His attacks would be fast as fuck.

the balance patch trended on twitter for a while

What if we get 2 DLC character reveals at E3? One during a third party conference and another during the direct?

Yes, however the DQ guys are absolutely notorious for being stubborn asshats, in addition the DQ composer is literally famous for hating the west and being a hyper traditionalist. Even if DQbros get their rep in odds are smash will get fuck all for music. It's the sheer fact SE is so damn disjointed these days is why I legit wonder whether it will happen or not.

We said the same thing about Fire Emblem too.

I'm thinking it'll just be two trailers in the nintendo direct

Could it be?

Attached: image.jpg (736x980, 29K)

Leon always gets the short of the stick when it comes to fighting games. I think he'd be a perfect fit in smash, especially because re4 is closely associated with the gamecube

There's still plenty of Capcom characters that are Smash worthy, why does it matter where they come from?

>Reimu is probably the most interesting character Sakurai could pick. Fuck salesfags, rulefags and westacucks. A lot of Touhou game mechanics transition well to Smash.
>>Graze
>>Focus
>>Spell cards
>>Bullet hell projectiles
>>Physics-based yin yang orbs
I didn't even think about Graze being a mechanic Reimu could have, holy shit. TLN even proved you could do Grazing in a 2D platformer, too.
youtube.com/watch?v=HOq0fLaLeqY

How do we know Bethesda and Square Enix won't sneak a smash trailer into their presentations? What's stopping them?

Attached: 1504796094519.jpg (482x471, 72K)

So why didn't he say anything about Dragon Quest 11's Homo Outfit OR the first official Openly Gay character in Dragon Quest who IS playable and part of the main party? Wouldn't he refuse to make music for Dragon Quest if he saw this stuff?

Honestly, I expect Sakurai to negotiate to get DQ, but I also think he'll get midis to save on costs. Sakurai himself is a big fan of DQ and Nintendo is pretty invested in the series success as well. They know full well of the impact and benefits of the series. I don't think it would be as complicated as many make it seem. I still think DQ has an extremely high chance. Also, they got orchestral music for 11S, so the composer can't be that difficult.

I tell you, if during Microsoft's presentation Mario were to appear next to Master Chief, I'd fucking lose it.

money talks

The actual reveal is going to be the character no one ever brings up.
The one who's been brought back from the dead.
The former mascot of Ninty's rival company.

Look in your heart, you know its true.

Attached: crash.png (220x300, 69K)

>Reimu gets Graze and Floating/Focus as they work in luna nights
>Entire kit revolves around juking the shit out of your opponent for graze then raining projectile hell down upon them
This sounds like an unbelievably fun moveset.

Attached: 1555007990044.gif (461x346, 149K)

Morrigan would redeem Erdrick for me

Probably the fact they don't get a lot of revenue from it, the fact it's almost always the company that made the game the one which publishes DLC reveals (usually), plus a 3rd company revealing exclusive DLC for a 1st party company would annoy some companies they work with (ahem, Sony).

But hey, if it happens it will probably steal the entire E3 for them.

Attached: 1549767118951.jpg (384x309, 39K)

Until I opened the thumbnail I thought you were talking about Alex Kidd.

>smash is about to have more playstation all-stars than playstation all-stars

>Chris G suddenly wins every Smash tournament
>even the lamest players quit the game in frustration

>not wanting Banjo

Fuck Steve,
Fuck erdrick
Fuck master chief
But most of all
FUCK WOMEN.

Step aside, the king has arrived.

Attached: 41Jz7LUHQCL._AC_SY400_.jpg (212x276, 18K)

>Somewhere out there, someone spent time making this

There are a small amount that bring him up, just not in the banjo/steve war threads. Other than that he's going to slip under people's noses at E3.

Attached: 234056987.png (902x652, 359K)

Apparently according to the book he put out; Sakurai would have prefered revealing everyone at the start but Nintendo couldn't resist the Season Pass machine that prints its own hype

Crash is probably my 4th most wanted, so I would be pretty happy about him.

What the fuck is Graze?

Graze is exactly what it sounds like. You get very close to a bullet with actually touching it and you get a bonus.

I really think Challenger pack 2 and 3 have 2 clear outcomes to them
>Erdrick (likely) or Chrono
(unexpected)
>Steve (likely) or (Master Chief) unexpected
>Honarable mention to banjo in the miracle category
Packs 4 and 5 are where things get complicated
>Capcom reps (likely)
>Bamco reps (likely)
>Koei tecmo reps (unexpected)
>Bethesda reps (unexpected)
And each of those company's have varying levels of likely and unexpected characters

>Microsoft, Bethesda, Ubisoft, AND Squeenix have Smash reveals
>the Nintendo direct has an extra character tacked on for people who bought the Fighter's Pass
Truly a perfect E3.

I JUST WANT IT TO END
JUST ANNOUNCE THE FUCKING 2ND CHARACTER AND HAVE IT BE SOMEONE NOBODY HAS PREDICTED OR AT LEAST PUT WEIGHT BEHIND SO THAT ALL THE LEAKERS CAN BE BTFO AGAIN AND MAYBE FINALLY EVERYONE WILL STOP LISTENING TO THEM
END THE PAIN, NINTENDO
ANNOUNCE FUCKING SOMEBODY

I mean for bringing new fans into smash, it would be great if they revealed one in a third party conference like pic related

Attached: FA264A00-E212-4840-A5A4-027CC299A97A.jpg (676x588, 64K)

This is what I believe is the most likely pass if I were a betting man. It would fit all of the statements Nintendo made about the FP.

Attached: Fighterpassprediction.png (1920x1080, 1.51M)

People are banking too hard on Phoenix Wright. It's incredibly niche compared to Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, and Devil May Cry. When it comes to third party characters they pick what's the most iconic and well known. Hence why Simon and Richter got in over Bomber Man and Joker got in over a SMT protag.

>Would bring in normies, boomers, and Atari-era nostalgists all at once
>Would be completely unexpected, yet still make complete sense
>Could have interesting move potential (Summoning invader comrades, creating those destructible shields/bases, UFO motherships, alien tractor beams, perhaps even reference other Taito games, and that's not even covering shit from games like Super Space Invaders '91, Attack of the Lunar Loonies, the Extreme series, and Infinity Gene)
>And as icing on the cake, represents a game so important to video game history that Nintendo directly copied it twice in their earliest arcade affairs
Yep, I'm thinking they're in.

Attached: 62.jpg (590x703, 91K)

>It would fit all of the statements Nintendo made about the FP.
Reggie said Sakurai was looking for characters that would bring something new to the table, yet here you add:
>anime swordsman
>gritty swordsman
>gun man
>literal meme character

In all honesty it's a genius tactic. Get more players interested in Smash. And get Nintendo fans to play upcoming third party games.

Everybody wins.

Attached: faa4dc87c7247702101f9baa0e8f0a3a.jpg (563x843, 65K)

It would make a better assist trophy. Pong, galaga, and Tetris are all more important and they don't have characters.

I just don't get why it would be Erdrick instead of Eight or Eleven. He isn't the face of the series, DQ8 is the most popular and DQ11 is the most relevant. Why would they add Erdrick?

>gun man
we don't even have a true gun man yet.
joker only has one gun special and otherwise uses magic, and snake is explosives only.

>Muh company reps
Capcom is basically Nintendo 2, they can have 10 fucking reps if they want

>Erdrick can bring an MP count and various spells to the table.
>Admittedly, I don't know much about Dark Souls, so I won't try and speak on it.
>Chainsaw man
>Just because it's popular doesn't make it a meme. He can also build brown bricks and probably a bunch of other stuff too.

SHE'S FUCKING IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: untitled-9-1502718801630_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 225K)

All the characters on that anons list have new things to add in smash. I'd like to hear who you think would be a good addition.

So Doomguy is in. He has the boomer fps demographic, it would promote the new doom game, and he's fairly unexpected.

He said as multuple indie and third party ports sell more on Switch.

are you ok user?

>It was stated that the goal of the FP is to bring in new people who wouldn't normally play Smash.
>Nintendo has stated that they would like to use Smash for promotional purposes.

>Sony purists are one of the most far removed audiences from Smash
>Had a successful revival and a game coming out in the next month, shortly after E3, which would be the best time to announce him, as a convenient way to put in one last marketing push before launch.
I'm thinking he's in.

Attached: Crash_Bandicoot_Cover.jpg (600x593, 173K)

I'd take Jill over Leon, but he also gave us Cloud because has the most popular, so it'll probably be Leon.

Giddy up

>He still thinks Erdrick is getting in
>After years of Square being extremely protective of their IP
>Only things that leaked as of late was KH3 because some retard literally stole one
>Cloud was only leaked days before his reveal
>He thinks Square would allow Erdrick to be leaked half a year in advance

Attached: 035E2A8E-DD7B-46B9-BB7C-7BB5B121A314.jpg (540x720, 68K)

>Ammy
>Dante
>Jill
>Phoenix
There are SO many good choices

based

Today I will remind them

nintendoeverything.com/smash-bros-masahiro-sakurai-no-goku-ballot/

>He knows some are serious, but he doesn’t think characters like Ironman and Goku will happen

Attached: sakurai.jpg (325x277, 22K)

I'm super biased against Ryu because I want Strider or Joe instead.

>[X] is probably the most interesting character Sakurai could pick
That's what literally everybody say about the characters they want

Attached: 347753464573.jpg (820x921, 159K)

seething westcuck

Attached: 1539544622459.png (739x850, 215K)

Steve isn't in that pic, I believe he's the netherrealm where Herobrine is torturing him for trying to get into smash.

Nintendo are extremely protective of their IPs, hence "Nintendo ninjas", and Smash has still been leaked multiple times.

Byleth is probably the most interesting character Sakurai could pick

Friendly reminder that Mumbo and Klungo refer to Banjo and Kazooie as Brave Bear and Bird

It's true if they can bring actual gameplay mechanics that are unique to their genre and games of origin.

Crash is the worst example of Sony purism you could give m8. Crash hasn't been exclusive in years. You're better of picking Sly Cooper, Parappa, or Ratchet and Clank.

Attached: slifunny_9501.png (290x174, 84K)

firemen are pretty brave, confirmed?

I got a new demographic for you right here

Attached: master-chief-square-542x542-f4aa513845bc4582a501100cc5550b48.jpg (542x542, 77K)

here's your new animal crossing rep

Attached: wart jr..png (246x390, 101K)

dudebros that moved on to fortnite ages ago?

The thing about erdrick is if you really think about dragon quest as a series and what it means for many japanese game developers (sakurai included) why would they just throw it under the bus for some other character. DQ is square enix number 2? I get that they're secretive but why would they use one of their biggest series as leakbait. If anything it would've been Geno or Sora being used as leakbait. Also the brave codename was immediately taken out of the game entirely.

My dick would never be able to recover if Morrigan got in.
Imagine the Pit and Bayo three/ss/omes

Attached: 908cc7c5-d3f8-41b9-933f-b5b83389b1e7.png (584x888, 21K)

.....No.

Attached: big_1474001146_image.jpg (546x615, 138K)

As someone with a degree in marketing, this dlc has been fun to speculate about.

>advance wars rep

I wish but Nutendo is too C U C K E D

They did Joker dirty, man. I was expecting so much more

lol you guys are dumb it’s gonna be Superman and Qbert

yiff in hell /ss/ fags

Morrigan Has appeared in more crossovers then any other capcom character except Mega Man, Ryu & Chun-Li, so it makes sense for her to be in

NO ONE WANTS EDRICK

NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE FUCK HE IS

LITERAL ANTI HYPE CHARATER

Yeah, or...

Attached: god-of-war-3-remastered-two-column-02-ps4-eu-15jul15.png (440x511, 193K)

Both will never be in Smash because FPS is literally irrelevant in Japan unless it's COD

You first, lolishitter

Attached: IMG_20190112_141310.jpg (950x800, 104K)

What the fuck happened to PLANT GANG posters? It's revealed that Plant is low-tier and suddenly nobody cares. At least stick to your guns you filthy faggots

Reactor Niggas

Attached: 1558711055212.jpg (500x688, 100K)

soon
not E3, but eventually

Attached: eliteknight-mizuiko.png (1280x1811, 1.1M)

Hey Sora, looks like Nintendo went for a different Disney character. But don't worry, we might have a place for you.

Attached: 1552761847385.png (763x683, 172K)

Fucking this.
Why would they release a 3rd-party pass-selling character that absolutely nobody from the west recognizes? It's a stupid business decision.

Then he says Joker is emblematic of this dlc so, don't hold your breath for anything good. Remember, Rob was added in before Ridley, and K.Rool.

Kratos honestly is less implausible than you'd expect, it would depend on if he's the only potential Sony character or not. Can't really see the Kirby guy picking him over some of the others Sony can offer.

>Kratos in Smash
>Human Alt pallete and Dad of War alt skin
Would be based

Clearly you have no idea what pessimism means if you think what I said is an exaggeration.

FE reps compared to LoZ reps prove my point.

they don't even need to say anything. smug plant has won, he's in an official mario spinoff now.

Who is that?

Stack of goombas made yell out loud, I'm so into that it's not even funny

except for what she's wearing, they're gonna censor the fuck out her top and maybe even reduce the breasts some

Fuck Suda.

Fuck off, seriously. FE fans need to jump off a fucking bridge. This game has WAY TO MUCH FE repping. It's fucking disgusting that FE has more than LoZ.

Don't tell me you don't recognize Rallen (Yes, THE Rallen from the Spectrobes series).

Attached: Rallen (1).png (184x400, 78K)

>No Jojo
HACKURAIIIIIIIIIIIII

emblematic means representative you retard. It means each third party character is likely representing a different genre.

lmfao I'll bet money the second ryu will have a down B counter. Considering Joker is a literal clone with a Dwon B counter. On top of the amount of characters that have a down B counter and shouldn't have one.

>shitting on ROB
he single-handedly saved the NES, completely earned his spot in smash

What if they add Akuma and give him a down B counter

>All that matters is sales and popularity,

No it fucking doesn't. If popularity and sales meant ANYTHING to this fucking hack than Ridley and K FUCKING ROOL would have been added in at Melee or Brawl not ULTIMATE. ROB WOULD NOT have been added in. Fuck off with this popularity means ANYTHING. Fucking idiot.

Attached: 1550982323722.png (612x544, 276K)

>MUH HYPE SAKURAI YOU GOTTA MAKE ME PEE MY PANTS WITH EXCITEMENT COME ON NO ONE WANTS A LITERAL WHO (Palutena was revealed as E3) PLEASE DADDY SAKURAI YOU HAVE TO MAKE ETIKAS DICK HARD ENOUGH TO BREAK HIS SHELF WITH THE DLC OR ELSE NO ONE WILL LIKE IT GIVE US SORA OR BANJO OR GENO OR SHANTAE OR PORKY NOT THESE BORING ANIME LITERAL WHOS OR ELSE THE GAME IS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Attached: 1526649079127s.jpg (250x147, 6K)

>waddles in your path

Attached: Old_Blue_on_a_Player_Card.png (1380x1554, 123K)

>t's revealed that Plant is low-tier and suddenly nobody cares

Sorry to break it to you but nobody cared about PP, not a single fucking person. It's insulting that this shit director added in a generic fucking enemy as opposed to someone the fans wanted.

Sakurai should have been fired at brawl. This fucker is the on ethat STILL MAKES GANONDORF A FUCKING CLONE FOR NO FUCKING REASON BESIDES SAKURAI IS A LAZY FUCKING SHIT.

>absolutely nobody from the west recognizes

Sakurai does not give a fucking shit about what the west wants. Have you seriously not learned that after 5 fucking games?

Sorry. His franchise. His series. His rules.

dead bear is probably the most interesting character Sakurai could pick

Eat shit, I'm a piranha plant main

As much as you'll shout npc etc, you're fucking wrong and your argument is invalid no matter how much you can't accept it

they didn't censor Pyra

it's past bedtime, pedro

>Micorosft also has ownership of one of the biggest video game icons in existence.

We already got K. Rool.

Who? and what game is that?

>emblematic means representative you retard. It means each third party character is likely representing a different genre.

Definition of emblematic

: of, relating to, or constituting an emblem : symbolic, representative

em·blem | \ ˈem-bləm
\
Definition of emblem

(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a picture with a motto or set of verses intended as a moral lesson
2 : an object or the figure of an object symbolizing and suggesting another object or an idea
3a : a symbolic object used as a heraldic device
b : a device, symbol, or figure adopted and used as an identifying mark

Attached: 1433993611864.jpg (845x465, 54K)

I wouldn't be surprised.

Reminder that not even Yea Forums gives a fuck about Banjo

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-30 All Our Ideas - Bringing survey research into the digital age(1).png (832x861, 40K)

>"nobody likes Plant!"
You keep telling yourself that in your straightjacket, kiddo.

Attached: 1535959511268.jpg (762x681, 61K)

Doc characters are all unannounced poets then?

That special would need to have an insane cooldown. Otherwise it'd be a completely broken character.

That said, I like what this dude is selling no lie

Almost every weapon from the modern Ninja Gaiden games has a blocking counterattack, including his signature dragon sword.

they literally dont own k rool

>my main's #1
FUCK YEAH!

Attached: 1539461066327.jpg (720x487, 32K)

>Japanese Girl
She's in.

Attached: 1542587062568.jpg (800x1066, 369K)

Why the fuck is Dedede so high?

Don't tell me you have never played any of the classic Spectrobes titles released for the DS and Wii? To think there are people that never experienced the thrill of perfectly excavating a fossil or mineral. Sad! Also, I know what emblematic means, why did you post the definition? I thought we were discussing Rallen here!

Attached: Spectrobes.jpg (220x198, 17K)

Keep thinking that people actually care about PP.

are you for fucking real
what are you, 8?

Attached: what is there to censor besides thigh and waist in b4 UH TIGHT BODY OUTFIT HELLO I CAN SEE THE CONTO (1280x720, 183K)

how is it not immediately obvious to you

Who fucking cares at this point. Game is already done.

By the time the 5th dlc character comes out theyll already be making smash 6

You ever considered that the DQ rep doesn’t have to be Erdrick?

And that's the exact mindset that has killed smash.

Whatever you think man, I've never seen as much hate for smash since PP was announced. A pile of fucking shit is a better character than PP>

>That special would need to have an insane cooldown. Otherwise it'd be a completely broken character.
Ironically, Blizzard didn't do that so they made a character just as over powered and meta-breaking as an attempt to counter it.

Attached: 1538437355071.jpg (1230x1646, 807K)

>literal meme character
Nice argument, Banjoke.

Historically in Japan, Touhou has been more popular than Mario so Reimu genuinely has a really high shot of making it

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-30 Google Trends.png (1156x606, 48K)

God damn
>phoeniggs Wright
If he hadn't already been in U/MvC3 I'd be all over this but that execution was so perfect nobody will ever be able to top it

>design a halfway decent character with a beam sword arm and blaster
>make both absolutely useless in combat and have it revolve entirely around a Pokemon gimmick
Why even put all that effort into giving Rallen all these cool weapons when all of them were so stupidly useless

I'd prefer Slime, RS was the shit.

>smash 6
>coming within the next 6 years
this your first rodeo? ultimate was only so fast because it's full of reused code

It's sad because Samus used to be #1, but you faggots kept voting for meme shit like Snake & Dedede

Cope

Not him, but why would they pick anyone but Erdrick? He's the most popular and most important character in the series.

Reminder that Neku is the superior choice for a SE rep

Attached: zi9aS6y.jpg (1024x768, 140K)

I wish.

>play spectrobes
>only get the same 3 dinosaur shits out of every fossil ever
I'm probably remembering it through mud-tinted glasses but fuck dude that was disheartening

I'd think people liked Slime more

What if

Miku Hatsune

Attached: 1553810395601.png (500x339, 277K)

To be fair, Rallen was a better fighter in the Wii one.

That's actually the biggest reason why I don't want Phoenix. I fucking love the Ace Attorney games but you'd have to be insane to not see the UMvC3 portrayal as an absolute best case scenario and anything that Smash would come up with for him would either be a pale imitation or straight up worse.

>Historically in Japan, Touhou has been more popular than Mario

Attached: 1503939688432.gif (252x395, 2.55M)

I'll take it only as long as it includes a Lilith echo

Attached: 1547401093959.jpg (1000x1415, 974K)

The correct characters beat Samus

Game's been out for like half a fucking year, how have they not revealed anything else on the season pass yet?

Or what if it isn't only erdrick and it's the whole cast of DQ heros like how Bowser Jr works. Erdrick is only the default one.

HAHAAHAAHAAAHAHAAAA, This was from 2010 about Japan's favorite gaming characters. Erdrick wasn't even nominated for the top 50, but Slime & Alena both made it as the only Dragon Quest reps. Everyone else from Square Enix was a Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts character

>May 2019
>still believing in vergeben
jesus christ

Because why include him when you can put in the new hero from DQ11 to push DQ11

>season pass lasts longer than a season but with no extra content
Fuck this industry.

Forgot picture, see this

Attached: famitsu_top_50-4.jpg (562x800, 231K)

They revealed it too early

Was he? I never really bothered with the Wii one much but from what I played they made such a big deal about how "my weapons don't do anything!" and it fucking showed so badly in combat that it just felt so extraneous.

>He's the most popular and most important character in the series.
Erdrincels once again proving they know absolutely nothing about Dragon Quest.
Real fans want Slime, not another generic anime swordsman.

I'm sure many do as it's a cute mascot, but it can hardly be called a character. Erdrick on the other hand is constantly built up as an amazing, legendary hero to live up to in the 1st 2 games and he was the protagonist of the biggest game in the series. He's still alluded to in future games, as well as the anime/manga.

Attached: DQcharacterpopularity.png (326x406, 25K)

>get in turnabout mode and point really hard at your fightan buddy to death

Attached: 1559238999690.jpg (1462x1462, 189K)

Seethe harder, Banjoke.

Yeah Luminary makes sense if they wanna promote DQ11. Don't push a character the West has barely no knowledge of.

>the DQ composer is literally famous for hating the west and being a hyper traditionalist.

Considering DQ11 had awful music, he doesn't have the leeway to talk shit

Attached: 1555745369725.gif (520x293, 1.22M)

I don't think fans of DQ would care what kind of character it is, just that DQ is getting representation in the first place and would take what they can get.
t. never played a DQ game in my life

Erdrick is literally a generic self insert anime character, no different from Isaac

>smah dlc characters
>coming within the next 10 years

Is this your first video game

Hornet, yes, THE Hornet from Daytona USAâ„¢ will be making his Smash Bros Ultimateâ„¢ appearance at E3.

Attached: Hornet practices neck drifting.gif (400x214, 1.48M)

>T. Hasn't played DQ XI
If you did you'd know why erdrick makes sense

Dead Bear won't ever be picked because he's owned by a western company and that POS sakurai would rather add in ROB than what the fans want.

I've never heard of them until you mentioned them.

Dude the fact is nobody in the West would know who the fuck he is. Revealing him in front of a Western audience would kill the hype.

Therr was no Ninja Gaiden on N64,GC and Wii.... was it?

He's a self insert from a series that many japanese developers have openly stated to having admired and inspired them to do what they do. Unlike Isaac who is quite literally a literal who to many outside of the smash echo chamber

I thought you were bullshitting, but I'm surprised how strong Touhou is going after all these years. The only other franchises I could find that are bigger are Pokemon, Dragon Quest and Minecraft which is very impressive for an indie franchise. Google only measures internet popularity, but it's still worth something.

Attached: googletrends.png (1590x848, 84K)

>look for evidence
>have Maya supporting with spirit powers
>enter court mode
>present evidence that all have different effects
>have the right evidence come together to enter tournabout mode
>weaponize the one thing people associate Phoenix Wright with
>that fucking perfect Level 3 that's the best super in the entire goddamn game
You're literally playing out an Ace Attorney case in every match and if you can't see that that's the hypest shit then you can get the hell out of my face

based

Attached: 1545412173995.png (714x760, 477K)

Male it Hornet from Hollow Knight and I'll buy the DLC

>that one M-shaped rise near the 2014 mark

What happened at that point to warrant that?

Might be worth running the japanese names for 2hu and Mario through as well, to be fair.

>Miku gets in

On a scale of 1-10, how much would Yea Forums riot over this?

Of these, Morganna just makes the most sense. Sakurai openly said that they are trying to bring new players to smash with their DLC roster, and she just checks a lot of boxes in that regard and would attract a lot of new players to smash.
plus i personally think we are overdue for a slutty female character to be added. My money is on Morrigan or 2B

What good would including Erdrick even do? You can't buy any version of DQIII on the Switch or even the 3DS in the west IIRC.

>"B-b-but Erdrick makes sense if you play the game!"

The entire point of including DQ would most likely be to make Switch owners buy DQXI in the first place. Normies aren't gonna know who the fuck Erdrick is but they'll recognize Luminary.

Here's the one thing with Miku that will make or break her: Is she considered a video game character? And I don't mean to random assholes like you or me, I mean to people like Sakurai.

All of that talk of demographics and bringing in new crowds would fit her like a glove, and she would bring in new fans who would probably buy a switch and the game just to own more things with Miku in it but that would be the big factor here.

i'd imagine it would be mostly memes rather than actual anger

Her name is Morrigan.

Wait a minute that letter...

Attached: Postman Pat.jpg (650x863, 81K)

Morgana is a taunt, and also a he. Cope

I think the biggest problem is that Miku is literally an instrument owned by Yamaha, and all of the songs they could include with Miku would require licensing them from multiple actual music companies.

Giddy up!

Seeing as Dragon Quest has no memorable characters outside of Slime & there isn't a single western 3rd party in Smash thus far. Reimu seems like a lock

They'll recognize Smash X Dragon Quest and go buy the game of the latter title most accessible to them.

Miku is more closely associated with music than video games I feel. If they wanted to go for that demographic, Reimu is a better option. She's unarguably vidya, and is from a more popular franchise at that.

Tecmo Koei

Miku would really be stretching the definition

But why advertise an upcoming game with a character that's not even playable in it?

>Kramer Giddy's Up

More timeless. Once DQ 12 comes out, Luminary is just going to feel like a random choice, like Celestrian or something. Erdrick is still popular and prominent in the series. It isn't only about marketing. Marketing is simply a strong bonus. Think about it like this. Marth makes sense to be in Smash today, but doesn't Roy feel like a pretty random character these days?

>i personally think we are overdue for a slutty female character to be added
Bayonetta.

Atelier is their flagship franchise & gets 2 new games a year, so it's the only Tecmo series that even has a chance of getting a rep

Do you honestly think people thought "Wow I love this character from Final Fantasy VII I'm gonna go buy Final Fantasy XV now" when Cloud came out.

>two tetris songs with no tetris stage whatsover
I don't think it's possible for a Tetris character to not be part of the fighter pack. Tetris is such an iconic series, there's just no fucking way.

Roll one out

Attached: kisspng-katamari-damacy-we-love-katamari-i-love-katamari-m-prince-5acb5dd5d14659.4284980215232772698 (900x800, 128K)

>"I'm a real fan of Dragon Quest, but the main characters are generic and boring, I'd rather have the mook that isn't even playable in most of the games."

This shit is getting old, nobody says this about Smash.

Attached: 1493402211767.jpg (382x341, 35K)

>Steve
>Erdrick/Slime
>Reimu
Add the obligatory Western rep, and there's our fighter pass. I'm thinking Doomguy.

Nintendo originally wanted to add Terra, but they went with Cloud because he's more iconic. Nintendo themselves only included DQ5 & DQ9 on their list of best Nintendo games, so that shows how little they care about DQ3

Not to mention that ZUN is probably easier to license from than literally anyone else on the fucking planet.
Seriously, Nintendo could probably get Reimu for $100 and four cases of expensive beer.

I think they'll go play Final Fantasy VII, enjoy it, become fans of Final Fantasy, and then go play XV. You gotta play the long game. They aren't advertising just a single game, but an entire series. They would be advertising Builders 2 just as much as 11S for instance.

> Western garbage
Fuck off you autistic piece of shit, you are going to get all anime girls & swordsman. Even remotely thinking anything else has a chance is fucking delusional

people unironically want crash?? go back to sony you shill no one cares about your literal who

slimes are literally, explicitly used as important main or side characters in almost every DQ game

bayonetta is pure

Famitsu literally had a poll about their favorite FPS & TPS games, Doom came in last & got the least amount of votes with Overwatch topping the list. Your literal who is never getting in

>making this argument
>in a game with Dedede, Olimar, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Sonic, etc

Have them appear from literally out of thin air, it wouldn't matter

Sakurai isn't racist or xenophobic. Get that through your head.

Nintendo is picking all of the DLC, not Sakurai you fucking retard. Sakurai literally only has say in what character will work as a fighter & which one won't

But Doomguy is meant to attract the Western audience. Who gives a fuck what Japan thinks if they're already getting Erdrick and Reimu?

>obligatory Western rep
We don't need one.

Attached: 1530245733044.png (750x425, 174K)

people are focusing way too hard on what japan likes
japan is a small part of nintendo's playerbase

It's a Japanese game, it's developed by a Japanese company, every character is owned by a Japanese company, Westernerns aren't relevant since Nintendo knows you faggots will buy any character they add regardless & Japan notoriously hates 98 % of western games. You will NEVER EVER see a western owned character in Smash.

Shut the fuck up fatefag.

Huh? I buy a lot of dreamcast and PS2 games.

Yes, there are many with names. The games where you can directly recruit one into your party are few in nature unless you bring spinoffs like Monsters or Rocket Slime into the mix (and Terry would be a rad rep for the series but that's neither here nor there).

user Snake exist

>Buying Dreamcast games

Sakurai isn't racist or xenophobic

O yea, that sure shows. 5 games of no western characters sure shows that!

weebs are about to be so ass-blasted when they find out there's multiple western characters in this pass

For me it is Morrigan x Young Link.

Even Atelier is infinitely more relevant in Japan then Doom has ever been, continue seething. MineCraft is the only western game that even has a chance of getting a rep

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-30 Google Trends(1).png (1157x606, 47K)

>Japan notoriously hates 98 % of western games

Now you're just making shit up.

Attached: 0e7.jpg (900x900, 82K)

>Capcom is basically Nintendo 2
Nah. Monster Hunter World and Resident Evil Re 2 never ever on switch, hahahaha.

>meant to attract the Western audience.

SAKURAI/NINTENDO DO NOT FUCKING CARE ABOUT THE WEST. If they did then we would have gotten a fucking playable character by now, not a single fucking assist trophy/

>captain falcon
>smash bros
wowwwwwwwwww that's a fucking disgraceful burn holy shit. I don't even like f-zero but wow lol.

Cool. Let's play pretend here for a second though.

I'm a young normie with a Nintendo Switch and a Nintendo 3DS, I like this Smash game my wife's boyfriend bought for me and this "Erdrick" fella gets added one day. Wowie, I have a heck of a time with this new anime swordsman, I want to go purchase his game! But wait. Dragon Quest III is not purchasable on any modern Nintendo devices. There's Dragon Quest XI, but it doesn't have my favorite character Erdrick in it! Why would I spend $59.99 US dollars on that game? Well golly, what am I to do?

Attached: 1510878153837.jpg (377x377, 28K)

5 Games, over 70 characters, not a single one of them is owned by a Western company. Continue seething, it's never going to happen

Exactly. If Shitkura/Shitendo cared about the west than we would have gotten a western owned character by now, but we fucking haven't. Instead we get fucking rob and dumb shit no one wants.

They're cheap in my shithole country. Believe it or not.

>SAKURAI/NINTENDO DO NOT FUCKING CARE ABOUT THE WEST.

Ridley was literally added due to outcry from overseas. If they didn't care he would have not been added.

>attract the Western audience
Nintendo doesn't give a fuck.

Cope, Japan made a list of their favorite games of all time in 2018. Not a single one of them was Western except Wizardry

Attached: Japan's Top 100 Games.jpg (6500x6800, 2.94M)

96% of the characters are Nintendo first parties, dumbass
>not a single western assist trophy
shovel knight

Go read Japanese sales reports sometime. Western games sell like 1/3 of what Kirby does IF they're extremely successful, most don't even reach half of that.

Yep, western anything will never be added into this game. Remember folks, Inceneroar(a character NO ONe wanted but Sakurai)was added in instead of Shovel Knight(A game published by Nintendo for Japan)

>gets invitation
"No Way Fag"

surely nobody can disagree with adding Doc "The Big Black Cock" Louis to smash

Attached: IMG_20190531_010920.jpg (951x666, 121K)

He's a Nintendo owned Japanese character, the fact that westerners blindly suck Nintendo's dick to a degree proves that they don't care what you faggots think & can get away with anything

Yea sure. And I'm santa clause. If you believe this than you're a fucking moron.

youtube.com/watch?v=TJg6-IcKVNw

Keep dreaming, westcuck.

Then why do they fucking PUBLISH WESTERN GAMES TO PANDER TO THE WESTERN AUDIENCE

It makes them money & you leaches buy anything they shit out

who's throwing the weeb autism tantrum?

What if there's no character reveal at E3?

Attached: hkgeRRz.png (1920x1080, 680K)

He's not wrong, retard.

> The entire thread is westcucks seething at the realization that Steve is the only western character that has a chance of making it
> Somehow Japanese gamers are seething despite the fact that it's blantantly confirmed to be anime girls & anime swordsman again

Hoooly shit you're mad.
No. You said they don't care for the Western audience yet they give them Western 3rd party support. Make your damn mind up.

>westerners blindly suck Nintendo's dick to a degree proves that they don't care what you faggots think & can get away with anything

It's honestly sad, very sad, that people are OK with the western Rep being characters EVERYONE wanted since the first. When Shovel Knight is an assist and Inceneroar is a playable fighter shows how little Shitkurai cares about the west.

Megaman was in limbo for a long ass time before he was a fighter in smash!

It's been nearly half a year since they revealed only the first one, plus us getting a balance patch today would allow them to surprise launch a new update/character and not have to give notice for saving replays.

Look at all of these western games, damn imagine being this relevant in Japan

Attached: 58614695_402357120601086_6245016108022029395_n.jpg (1080x1080, 249K)

Exactly. Every thread has boiled down to this. If Shitkurai cared about the west he wouldn't of made Shovel Knight an assist and Inceneroar a playable fighter.

Then it'll be revealed soon otherwise. We got Joker, what, 3 or 4 months before he actually got sold? If we're getting another one, or two, this year, then it'll be revealed soon enough.

Attached: squiggly piece.jpg (599x337, 25K)

Japs really do have piss poor taste.

Sakurai had plenty of opportunity to add Shantae & Shovel Knight due to how successful they were in the ballots, but he cucked both of them. Western characters will never be in Smash now, unless they are first parties

based

Attached: 2E7D9AA4-3ECB-4965-8A47-7F05074A2C9E.jpg (640x567, 63K)

Are you the same street shitter that was crying about ROB earlier?

>"We'd kinda like Banjo or Doomguy in Sma-
>"SHUT UP SHUT UP YOUR WESTERN SHIT IS IRRELEVANT FUCK OFF NINTENDO DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU GO DIE."

How mature.

Attached: 1464315171717.png (377x377, 139K)

Banjo & Doomfags are delusional pieces of shit that spam every thread with their autistic literal who's. They only want them in Smash to make their franchises relevant, not actually because they play Smash.

>that filename
What a faggot

Death to all Leakfags,
>B-But Steve, But Banjo
No way, Fag.

Attached: 1528035413682.png (691x682, 705K)

>implying doom needs smash to be relevant
fucking lul

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Sakurai might throw Western fans a bone for once. Especially since he recognizes Doom's importance on the medium.

>Western characters will never be in Smash now, unless they are first parties

Yep. Sakurai will never acknowledge
the west unless Nintendo has some interaction with the publication.

Rob's addition shows the mindset of Sakurai. Rob has 0 reason to be in this game besides Sakurai adding in a joke character EVERY SINGLE GAME because that's how it's supposed to be.

It hasn't been relevant among mainstream gaming circles for decades, don't kid yourself boomer. Nobody gave a shit about it once GoldenEye, Half-Life, Metroid Prime, Deus Ex, Halo & Perfect Dark came out. By 2002 they were the games getting all of the critical acclaim

Attached: Irrelevant.png (816x1094, 70K)

i'm sorry to hear that about yourself

called john carmack as a genius

>lul
go back

Ok, gun man.

Steve is the only western character that has a chance because MineCraft is actually relevant outside of America, unlike Doom

Sorry that's true.

If he cares he would have acknowledge us three games ago.

He called John Romero the father of FPS. He knows how much Doom in general is important to gaming history.
Oh you're that shitposter from that other thread that posted this aren't you?

>gamefaqs
I knew smashies were delusional but HOLY FUCK

> Muh one Sakurai interview
Japan gave Doom 4 the same Score as Sonic Forces, that's how little they give a shit about Doom

>Ridley
>K Rool

Cope, Tranny.

Attached: 1547332968001.png (1024x1024, 728K)

I rather prefer to see crash in smash over banjo

whatever. never played her game. all i know is her being in smash would bring a lotta weeb niggas to the game

It worked for Bayonetta, Ridley, King K. Rool, Little Mac, Sonic and it's gonna work for Waluigi in the next entry

>japan is one person

Seething Doombabby, GameFaqs is literally nothing but boomers, Master of Orion 2 is in the top 100 for fuck sakes

Japan isn't the entire world dipshit.

YeP. Sakurai even follows people asking for Steve in smash. He's expressed his love for the game, and he's never done that with anything else.

>calls other people tranny
>avatarfags as a character with a gay bishounen haircut

Attached: 1519214996152.jpg (492x388, 39K)

>implying any of the DLC characters will be women
I can feel it, there's nothing but sausage ahead

PSYCHO NIGGAS

Attached: 1555993408484.gif (511x512, 105K)

Posting official list of who we're going to see for the next 4 DLC slots. No bias, just cold hard facts

Attached: qwsedcfrvgbhnjkl;'.png (1280x1096, 1.2M)

Cope, Doom is fucking irrelevant in Japan & will never be in Smash unless all of these games get reps first

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-30 Poll Japan's Favorite First Person Shooters (And Third Person Shooters).p (636x1018, 97K)

Undertale.

barely anybody used gamefaqs even during it's heyday, you absolute sot
classic doom has several (currently!) active forums, nobody gotta resort to gamefags

I swear that if he gets in and his reveal trailer won't have a nod to the *hey plumber boy* thing, I will be so upset

Ultimate is the most appropriate in adding fan favorites and unexpected picks
What western character has a shot that's not scrapping the bottom of the barrel

> Barely anyone used GameFaqs even during it's heyday
Nice job outing yourself Zoomer, it's no wonder that this picture just becomes accurate more & more every single day. It doesn't surprise me that Zoomers are the only people who care about Doomguy & Banjo

Attached: Averages.png (1002x566, 34K)

Yea they're Japanese owned characters.

Waluigi will never be a fighter. Sakurai tweets about this.

>Doesn't know who Leon is
What's up Mark, Where's your dress?

Attached: 1552071016362.jpg (700x474, 69K)

SEGA already got their new rep you can junk every SEGA character on that list

whoever it is here with the awful english needs to go back to their potato farm

Steve, that's literally the only character with a shot. Everyone else is completely irrelevant & has been for over a decade. MineCraft is huge in Japan, and if Steve doesn't get added at E3 you will never see a playable western 3rd party

Ultimate is the most appropriate in adding fan favorites and unexpected picks

BAhah. I haven't laughed like that in a while. Thank you.

where's Steve?

At the bottom because Yea Forums hates him

Exaclty. Sakraui gushes over Minecraft and follows people wanting Steve in Smash.

remove yourself shitskin

Morrigan is a waste. All the audiences she could attract are already covered

Weebs: Fire Emblem and Joker
Waifufags: Inkling, Fire Emblem, Samus and Isabelle
Fighting game players: Ryu and Ken

There is no reason to add her. If you're gonna do a fighting game character, do Terry or Kyo. It will attract a demographic from China and Latin America as well as hardcore fighting game players that actually play the games and don't just jerk off to the shoo-in.
>whatever. never played her game.
N I G G A

>Travis
Deconfirmed

>Neku, Phoenix Wright
>Very Likely
as if, move them down to unexpected

>Rex was "too new to consider"
>but a Fire Emblem character from a game that isn't even released yet/Deltarune is in "Likely"
as close to deconfirmed as possible

>Rash
>Practically a lock
what the fuck am I reading

> Steve, Reimu, Agnes, Joker, Amateratsu
Like it or not, this is the most realistic & likely DLC scenario

>likely
>>Agnes
>>>Ammy
what?

>Neku
with every square character but him practically out, he's very likely
>Fire emblem character game that isn't released yet
Do you not remember Corrin?

>would have to put up with Steve
>but also would get Reimu and Amaterasu
a worthy sacrifice

Attached: 1552707381770.png (874x895, 221K)

>with every Square but him practically out
You know there's a very real chance that SE just won't get another rep, right?

>Do you not remember Corrin?
Do you not remember Sakurai giving a public apology because Rex was too new to be considered? Clearly, things are different now.

>Relevance
King K. Rool. Last Donkey Kong game he appeared in was Donkey Kong 64 (1999)
>But West
Ridley was added due to Western demand
>But sales
Again. Ridley as well as Dark Samus. They both come from a series that sells terribly.

Your polls and sales mean butt fuck nothing. Sakurai does whatever the fuck he wants. Bitch ass nigga.

Attached: 1442007356108.jpg (750x750, 27K)

>rash a lock
>travis very likely, even though devs flat out said he wasn't in smash
>spencer, hat kid, tron and ryo "not unlikely"
>terry and ezio not higher
>the entire deconfirmed tier
user, what sort of autism do you have?

>Snake
>Ice Climbers
>Simon
>Ridley
>K. Rool
>Inkling, Chrom and Dark Samus to an extent
>not fan favorites new and returning
>The Plant
>Joker
>not unexpected

Attached: IMG_20190511_003258.jpg (1124x1130, 106K)

I wouldn't doubt it.

Sakurai fan boy everybody.

world of light, but steve replaces galeem and the fighters are all western-made characters
banjo would be dharkon

1st party has nothing to do with 3rd party reps.

Attached: 10568272.jpg (800x522, 86K)

>Inkling to an extent
Seriously? Even "to an extent unexpected" is completely fucking wrong. Splatoon is Nintendo's biggest new IP in ages, it was the only absolute certainty for a new Smash.

Attached: 1529499907558.gif (882x900, 263K)

Says who nigger?

They were fan favorites

it says so in my imaginary rulebook that I made up

>gets btfo
>"f-fanboy!"

Attached: IMG_20190511_005235.png (238x219, 51K)

>Yea Forums
>Average age is 18
>that means a good half of Yea Forums is underage
fuck

HE'S FUCKING IN

Attached: mercenaries-2-mattias-nilsson.jpg (225x531, 26K)

HE'S IN BROS

Attached: confirmed.png (960x642, 963K)

K.Rool = Has no game in years, is irrelevant, 1st party, in smash
Sparkster = Has no game in years. is irrelevant, 3rd party, not in smash

would be kino

who the FUCK thinks Inkling is a waifu?

>he doesn't know

That sounds like a hypocritical "rule" you got there.

should i tell him

>who the FUCK thinks Inkling is a waifu?

Attached: 1553866670833.jpg (320x401, 37K)

>sony
>when Cloud, Joker, Snake, and Richter are in
>even Alucard is an AT
Better than the circle jerked shit characters in these threads. cope and have sex.

I know theres porn of them, but theres a difference between having porn of a character and making it a waifu
Hell theres probably ROB porn but no one out here putting a skirt on em and calling him a waifu. I refuse to believe that inkling has waifu niggas after her unless they are doin it ironically

Again,
>he doesn't know

Oh sorry, the lack of meme arrows in one of the comments in the chain confused me.

stop memeing me. your smug greentext wont change my conviction. I know weeb niggas. I know their waifus. They mighta fapped to one on a lonely night but i promise thats the full extent of their interest

>I know weeb niggas
Clearly not.
Weebs are not as surface-level as you think