WoW

WoW
>aesthetically shit (pandas, worgens)
>tryhard cartoonish cutscenes
>spiritually dead
ESO
>horrifically written dialog in every quest (>inb4 "you can ignore quests")
Guild Wars 2
>level scaling
>no unique feeling to classes, mindless swing and dodgefest instead of classical roles
>grouping up is pointless, world bosses are the most retarded shit I've ever seen in a game

Why are all successful mmos trash? I had a blast during TBC, and maybe WoW was good during WotLK and Cata too (didn't play), but it sure as shit isn't good now.
Why did Wizardry Online and Warhammer Online fail? Why is DDO free to play? I enjoyed each of these, it can't be that hard to get the formula right. It doesn't need to be an amazing aesthetic or writing, just not absolute trash that's impossible to ignore.
The only mmo I still play is FFXI but I play Nasomi more than retail now. Going to buy FFXIV when the new expansion comes out but I don't have much hope of it being good it looks like it'll be filled with discord trannies.

Attached: file.png (332x806, 484K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dIsfD_Q7yZs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Grow up

MMos are for babies who can't into D&D

Dragon mommy.

Attached: alexstrasza___wow_by_sciamano240_dcmo2qd-fullview.jpg (600x800, 92K)

Tabletop roleplaying games are shit. You need a group who are willing to go into deep autism territory. I've tried a half dozen times and it's invariably shit. People who won't let their guard down and the dungeon master has awkwardly try get people to interact with the characters and they always half-ass it. No.

>Tfw videogames have basically become shit now that I've discovered the entertainment of d&d and a couple brewskis with the boys.

Attached: 1557425590385.jpg (720x724, 29K)

for me it's runescape

Attached: rsg during dxwp.png (515x142, 65K)

please god just let me lick her

And 95% of people that play d&d are trannies

>tfw soloing Deathwing weekly so I can mount her
Soon bros

Attached: duck.gif (336x200, 758K)

I haven't had irl friends since high school.

Go look up how to get onto one of the City of Heroes public servers. It always has and always will blow most other MMOs out of the water.

>capeshit
lol no

actually true
Only fat faggot Dads who think their far funnier then they are getting cucked, losers, and trannies play dnd

>D&D
>deep autism
holy shit you're fucking casual you braindead, socially retarded troglodyte.

Attached: 1353548682973.jpg (1000x664, 84K)

d&d is pretty autistic user

I think the largest problem with modern MMOs is simply not making the world have depth.

All modern MMOs don’t want to take the time to make every character feel different even if you pick the same class. In WoW up until cataclysm, each class felt different because they all actually had different mechanics. Your character even stood out from others of the same class because of the skill trees and massive amount of loot to find.

Any modern MMORPG could be good if it has depth. I’m talking about a good amount of quests, loot, gear and builds.

Rift is, IMO, 2nd best to WoW since it’s just a WoW clone but actually has a really good housing system. The combat is a bit more shallow but it works.

>hang out with friends irl
>get buzzed and eat good food
>roll some dice and share a fun story together instead of a scripted videogame
RPG videogames are for sad, lonely people without real friends to interact with, you can't prove me wrong.

Aside from that, D&D is pretty cut & dry. You can introduce the basics of playing in about 30 minutes and most interactions are handled by the GM improvising. Shit like Ars Magica, Exalted, or FATAL are when you start getting into deep autism.

Do you believe autistic people don't have friends? D&D is autistic. Doesn't matter if you need to drink to loosen up enough to play. You have autism dude.

>You need a group who are willing to go into deep autism territory.
No, you need people who are fun to be around and a system that isn't rotting steer carcass level bullshit. Play anything that isn't D&D.

Attached: 1384465760744.jpg (483x409, 70K)

>D&D is autistic, not like me, the big smarty smart mans with no fucking friends who needs all his social interaction pre-scripted for him

rofl

>People who say scaling is bad
What's it like being this dumb?
If your only sense of character growth is numbers getting bigger and becoming invulnerable to low level mobs stick to FFXIV.

Attached: tiki.gif (300x229, 975K)

>DUDE WE'RE NOT AUTISTIC, WE DRINK
lol ok

>it's better because it's more realistic
Why don't you just go out in the real world and improve yourself there, I want to play a video game.

That isn't even close to what I was implying.

Attached: laughingknifeear.png (220x175, 79K)

so you want all your games to scale with player skill
>implying gw2 has high enough skill cap
how about you have both? scaling at high end play but still real character progression (y'know, like an rpg)

>scaling at high end
skill* at high end

Character Progression can exist without just inflating numbers. You can add in more skills, more utility, more passive abilities, different options of gear (that don't just create an arbitrary item level increase).
Apparently none of those things count because "number don't get bigger"? A rat should always be the relative power level of a rat and the same goes across the board for enemy mobs.

>Apparently none of those things count because "number don't get bigger"?
Has nothing to do with it. I don't want to be on an equal footing with a level five after putting 500 hours into a game. Doesn't feel as epic doing an endgame dungeon crawl when the game tells you you're as strong as someone who just bought the game yesterday. If you don't like rpgs then don't play them, play an action game.

Except that's not what happens in ESO or GW2 you ape. A level 5 is missing tons of things a max level character will have, just because he can go to the same zone to do quests doesn't suddenly negate all of the character progression that happened.

>just because he can go to the same zone to do quests doesn't suddenly negate all of the character progression that happened
It clearly does. The game not feeling meaningful is one of the most common criticisms of it. You shouldn't be able to pvp or pve with low levels at the very least, and scaling altogether is just a terrible idea for an mmo.

You are an idiot. Even in GW2 you can't drop a level 5 into the HoT/PoF zones and expect them to survive. They can't do dungeons, they can't do raids. You make it seem like you can pick up the game and be instantly in endgame content.

>Guild Wars 2
>Successful

Will you eventually provide an arguement?

You are grouped up for pvp and low level is viable. PVE is scaled and being high level doesn't make much difference. Dungeons not being available doesn't make much difference when everything in the game design tells you your level doesn't matter and how many people you are grouped up with matters.

Have you provided one? All I read is
>lol how is it autistic we drink beer

How dead is she next patch?

>and how many people you are grouped up with matters.
doesn't matter* fuck

I'd say try FFXIV cause I know most of this board loves anything anime no matter what its flaws, but we all know you dont actually want to play an mmo you just enjoy shitting on things.

I'm not even that user, you were the one saying it was deep autism

imagination is not autism, or else books and movies are also autistic

>not liking WoW, ESO or GW2 is now contrarian
nu/v/

books are autistic as fuckkkk

>Structured PvP is a level 80 activity so it creates a character build for you to tweak on purpose.
>Getting access to new skills, passives, and elite specializations doesn't count at all ever. You should just be mashing 1 all day everyday as your auto attack is the apparently the only ability you have.
>Content requiring you to level up and geared doesn't matter because I said so.
Last (You) from me you braindead troglodyte.

That's not what I said.

>runescape3

I provided three games I dislike and four I like. And is the anime comment some underlying seething goonery or do you actually think I'm a weaboo? Because Wizardry, Warhammer and D&D are about as western as you can get.

Please do not post pictures of my waifu.

MMOs became popular with mainstream gamers around the time that gaming began to take off with the general public too. It's because of this that devs began to cater towards a different playerbase and it took their games down the wrong path. You can easily see what happened to WoW over the years, FFXI and it's sharp decline with Abyssea, and the worst of all NGE in SWG.

At this point you're either going to have to wait another 5~ years for MMOs to maybe come back into favor or invent a time machine and go back to 1999.

Isn't she the most popular aspect wouldn't see them killing her off unless she's a threat to Sylvanas. She is dead isn't she?

The only MMO I was looking forward to was Lost Ark Online, but everything that has come out since its beta has killed my hope. It was apparently amazing, one of the best MMO's ever... then the company added stuff which basically forced you to spend your life or you'll never matter. This then got worse when they sold the rights to the Russian region, to one of the biggest microjew companies in Russia (which then offered Westerners accounts if they wanted :^)). This means if it ever comes to the West it'll be microfilled and will not be anything good.

The funny thing is, it is one of the new ARPG MMO's that East Asia is doing, the likes of that and Lineage Eternal and all that shit makes me think that Blizz will announce Diablo MMO.

>At this point you're either going to have to wait another 5~ years for MMOs to maybe come back into favor or invent a time machine and go back to 1999
That reminds me, Project 1999's fresh Green server is releasing in a few months youtube.com/watch?v=dIsfD_Q7yZs

At this point with how much Blizzard cares about Aspects. With Death Knights trying to get red dragons as their mounts, I bet she ends up as the head DKs personal mount or something dumb.

seething