Post shit you love in games

Post shit you love in games
>boss becomes a miniboss/regular enemy near the end of the game

Attached: 1528744938358.jpg (576x768, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lar0fNuBA1U
youtube.com/watch?v=S9ZcQ93GMOM
youtube.com/watch?v=eZlVVFWhjiE
youtube.com/watch?v=SFSen7DRQWU
youtube.com/watch?v=CT404IokUoU
youtube.com/watch?v=_ARxsQ46hJQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Theme song has lyrics during the final battle

>credits are a montage of all the good times you had with your teammates

>the animal-themed races are cute

Attached: 1559193618214.jpg (720x960, 153K)

>ending Song is a medley

Attached: tenor.gif (498x276, 225K)

this is a really nice cade

>they are actual screenshots the game took silently

>Enemy has a pretty cool move or weapon
>You can use it later on in the game

Attached: Jojosmile.png (1474x826, 1.73M)

>every boss theme has unique lyrics
>they're based on the boss' character/background and help develop them

>sequels let you return to areas from previous games and see how they've changed over time, like Bowerstone or Bower Lake in Fable

>sci-fi game has fantasy stuff just because it's cool

Which game are you making a reference to?

>the credits are the final boss

>the female monsters are unnecessarily human-like and sexy

Attached: 1470448468544.jpg (740x999, 186K)

Off the top of my head, Revengeance but I feel like there's a better example I like even more but can't remember.

similarly,
>fantasy game has sci-fi stuff just because it's cool

>Boss makes use of a very similar skill set to yours
Always cool as fuck

Attached: awesome.jpg (92x211, 4K)

>you can date anyone in the game, including every NPC, enemy, boss and even monsters

>enemy is small cute and weak
>will actually push your shit in

Attached: 1559160132147.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>Turn-based game
>Climactic boss fights will have moments in-between turns where you and the boss yell at each other about character motivations

Attached: 1422341661257.gif (335x347, 194K)

>female villain becomes the main love interest by the end of the game

Attached: image.png (414x499, 454K)

>enemy/boss is killed by a much stronger foe either at beginning of or halfway through the fight

Attached: 1559175794171[1].gif (343x284, 933K)

>Boss is reduced to a pathetically weaker form after a long battle, leaving him entirely at your mercy

Attached: giphy.gif (160x236, 477K)

>The main character can die or even be kicked out of the party and the story still continues

Attached: 1554611602189.png (310x392, 126K)

>Everything starts to get trippy and weird, making you question whether any of the story you've seen has actually happened or if your character is in a Jacob's Ladder situation where he died in the middle of the game

Attached: dGiZVhl.gif (540x337, 454K)

>There are no "set" companions
>You can invite anyone you meet to your party - the town guard, the baker, anyone

>Enemies aren't allied
>They'll actually fight one another and you can just kind of stumble across this as it happens

Attached: b5f.jpg (500x491, 28K)

>the male monsters are unnecessarily sexy

Attached: 1540354725318.png (731x609, 33K)

I want a game where this is the situation at first, but eventually the enemies realize that you're the worse threat and call a truce

I fucking love any game where you just collect monsters to fight for you and you can combine them and grow them and pick their powers and shit.
Pokemon and Persona are my fucking crack, but I would love a game like Persona with 0 story that's just pure dungeon crawling goodness and collecting monsters and shit.
Even better with customization.

Attached: 1555487639031.gif (382x324, 128K)

When there's other friendly adventurers that will go on their own journeys aside from yours and you meet up again deep in dungeons and the edges of the world to catch up from time to time. Bonus points if they help you with a boss or an area or you can help them.

Literal GOAT tier

>Hub level from the last game becomes a war-torn hell hole filled with enemies. Ex: Haven City from Jak and Daxter.

Alternatively...
>Hostile territory ends up becoming a peaceful level in the second game. Ex: Hollow Bastion from Kingdom Hearts.

Attached: Metal_Head_tower_exterior.png (1875x2055, 2.96M)

>Best weapon in the game is the upgraded starter weapon

Attached: 1557528284012.jpg (480x640, 38K)

>doing really well in boss fight
>boss begins to beg for his life

Attached: IMG_0171.png (400x584, 282K)

>boss fight against two different bosses that have complementary abilities
such a simple thing but I love it so much

>enemy looks small cute and weak
>is actually the strongest enemy in the entire game

Attached: Yan_Friendly_Enemies_Final_Fantasy_IX.png (430x274, 93K)

Visible damage.
Or at least boss can visibly be seen wounded.
Or at least, at least give gruesome damage to the boss, maybe even changing the fight that way.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1010x720, 66K)

what games

any game with any kind of customzation
the more the better

>credits has a cast roll with every character and enemy in the game

>You can meet the protagonist of the last game
>You can fight them too
this too. battle damage is fucking awesome 200% of the time

Attached: grim.png (500x569, 363K)

>enemies get names and little quips about what they did after the end of the game

character themes merging when multiple characters are in the same scene

>quick-time events

A lot of Dark Souls boss weapons allow you a special move, which is typically almost useless, but looks cool

Literally what game

Name a few?

Game?

>Second game has a new villain.
>Reveals that the villain(s) from previous games survived their battles with you and are plotting something for the next game.

Attached: untitled.png (317x159, 86K)

>but I would love a game like Persona with 0 story that's just pure dungeon crawling goodness and collecting monsters and shit.
that's pretty much SMT

>Two different enemy factions against you are in a massive battle and you're caught right in the middle of it

Attached: 1554927633715.gif (500x500, 298K)

Dead space

Cave Story

An extension of that which I absolutely hate is

>All the bosses you struggled to defeat return at the same time during another boss encounter
>that bosses doesn't wait for you to defeat them and attacks you at the same time

Attached: strategic jar combat.jpg (1920x1080, 602K)

Several classes in Killing Floor 2 are like that.

You're just describing mainline Shin Megami Tensei

Pathfinder Kingmaker

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Dungeon Siege

siralim

People still have no fucking clue how to avoid Nameless Kings Swordspear special attack

bump

>game does gameplay that no other game has done before
>it's good

Attached: 1515897381225.png (635x661, 227K)

campfires

Attached: 273989783123.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

Duo and trio boss battles are amazing. I wish more games had them.

Stella Glow/Luminous Arc 2

Attached: BEST ENDING.png (800x480, 489K)

Mother 3?

Octopath recorded every final hit on the bosses you did so far and played them after beating someones story fully for the first time

even better if campfires provide buffs

>Enemy played out to be be main villian was just some pussy ass bitch that is unaware of actual villians existence

Guess the game

>Team exploration with 2-5 characters
>Big Bad Boss sits in chair for most of game
>Soothing or tranquil soundtracks among hectic action

Heavy metal Fakk 2

I Want to play this but I keep hearing bad things and my friends one a reviewer told me to avoid it, but I just love so many things about it and feel like I could deal with the slowness and other bad stuff

>main characters finally recognize their feelings to each other
>one of them dies at the next moment

>realize

Sorry, I'm tired.

I fucking love villains in chairs. Especially when the villain fights while still in the chair.

>boss fights the same way as you do and even shares the same mechanics
TWEWY was fucking great for this.

Attached: 6BA22075-0BD7-4DA3-8D69-2B2AE2E202FC.jpg (620x930, 152K)

Darkest Dungeon did a good job with the camping buffs. It also added an aesthetic touch to the game that made the characters feel more human, like I was out there camping with them and was sharing in their stress relief. The banter around the fire added a nice layer of immersion to the game. campfires in games are comfy af. dark souls

Attached: 23453245535.jpg (1024x480, 91K)

>game thanks you for playing in the credits

>mc is a rude and doesn't gives a shit about nobody but still have to save a world because of magic stuff or some bomb in the head.

>Villain spends whole game in a chair
>You fight him and finally beat him in a long slow hard battle
>He gets out of the chair and the real fight begins

Attached: 1351674171.png (161x143, 48K)

>the mc weakens as he progress through the game

lol what games have the Big Bad fight in their chairs? I'd like to know.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lar0fNuBA1U

>the mc ages as he progresses through the game

>the mc likes to torture his enemies

>MC starts the game incredibly powerful but gets their shit kicked in during the prologue and spends the whole game trying to restore their strength

Attached: 1553320086183.png (272x367, 79K)

Then play it if you want to, fuck what they say. If you don't like it you don't have to play it all the way through. Just get it for free somewhere.

if you like that you should read the chronicles of thomas covenant. the main character is an absolute piece of shit and that's why we love him

Attached: 3426899324.jpg (250x418, 16K)

In Kingdom Hearts 2 during the final Xemnas fight he's fully loaded in his armor, but just sits in a chair the entire time until his final form.

In SMT 4 Apocalypse, the DLC superboss is basically "Stephen Hawking but ascended", throughout the series he just kind of there to give cryptic advice and you never really knew what he was capable of til then, and he's basically on par with YHVH. Then he stands up.

What bad things?
The only criticism aside from some dumb plot events are that the combat is just incredibly slow.

Attached: 1494272012804.png (720x405, 288K)

I'll give it a try, thanks. Also, the game I meant is Revenant. Don't really remember other titles with this trope.

>defeat a boss
>now you can choose him as a playable character

>Stephen Hawking but ascended
Way cool. I'll play these. Thanks.

Asura's Wrath

I think thats the major thing, its so slow, I played the demo a few times and Its not that slow but it is pretty slow compared to other strat games ive played

>lyrics
You could count the total amount of games with lyrics with one hand, let alone the rest of what you were describing. What's the game?

MGR

>secret boss interrupts the credit roll

Attached: 1483508803189.gif (295x221, 1013K)

Dwarf fortress adventure mode, skyrim/fallout mods, probably more I'm forgetting

Seriously
Siralim is fucking amazing for that sort of thing plus the crazy party combinations you can do

Final Fantasy 14 does this with their bosses all the time, like every other boss has surprisingly relevant lyrics in their music. They're pretty good listens from a theme park MMO.

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 24K)

>you unlock the ability to fly or similar in postgame to make sidequest cleanup all the more easier

Have something playing in the background during fights, I'd say the experience the game gives you is still worth it.

Attached: 1450503635427.jpg (280x146, 23K)

>mc is totally fucked up mentally or has some mental breakdown
>nobody knows about that, everybody consider him as a hero and a good guy

>you're the hero but you can be a fucking asshole about it
>bad guy with a personal vendetta to fight during the game
>turns out the real threat is much worse
>customization
mass effect 1 was/is pretty much my dream game

>game where you have thousands of options just to do one thing

Seriously I love to think of all the ways I could tackle some challenge

>Don't really remember other titles with this trope.
duke nukem. also papers please and this war of mine

>game somehow knows your actual name and calls you out

Attached: 1544590541228.jpg (248x251, 15K)

>game has spell reflection
Its so simple but nothing is funnier than watching some enemy cast a deadly ability only to have it bounce off you and hit them in the face

siralim looks cool as fuck and just added to my wishlist for now easy to swap sprites for titty girls?

Final Boss turns out to be someone you dont morally want to fight

Attached: flotsam.jpg (1920x1080, 330K)

Never really looked into it but in battle they're static but outside they have an animated sprite, might be easy for battles but I wouldn't have any idea how to change them

>Each of your party members has their own story that concludes with a boss fight against their nemesis putting everything you’ve learned about their particular gameplay gimmicks to the test.
>The nobleman’s final boss is an aristocrat in a steampunk empire believed to be about 300 years old, with rumors saying that he found the legendary fountain of youth.
>This aristocrat killed the nobleman’s parents when he was a child as part of his plan to basically found the illuminati and control the world from the shadows.
>They’re both master swordsmen with gadgets and gizmos to support them, and the fight takes place in the aristocrat’s mansion which is a flying fortress high above the capital of the empire
>Midway through the fight fires start breaking out in the mansion from the battle and the aristocrat gets knocked into one of them. When he comes out his face is partially melted and he’s revealed to be an antique robotic servant model that was popular during the aristocrat’s time.
>He explains that the fountain of youth was just a myth to trick greedy but influential people into blindly joining the illuminati and giving resources hoping for immortality, and that the truth is that he was a servant robot who through a one in a million accident ended up achieving sentience and becoming a close friend and confidant of the original aristocrat while hiding the truth from others for fear of being destroyed for his “defective” properties.
>On his deathbed the aristocrat passed on to him his wish to unite the world as a singular entity to create peace by any means necessary, which the servant robot has been attempting to carry out via the illuminati and adopting his master’s identity.
>He also expresses genuine regret at killing the nobleman’s parents but felt it was a necessary act rather than risking exposure at a crucial junction after they declined his offer to join the illuminati.

Attached: B8DE32B7-BA24-4E1C-A619-3C3E5C395393.gif (320x240, 634K)

>map gets filled out as you explore, and there's rewards for getting 100% of a map explored
>in-depth bestiaries with lore inside the monster summaries
>large field in a valley areas with an open-world type of gameplay

Attached: 1546498179394.png (924x707, 677K)

GIVE ME GAMES WITH THIS, PLEASE

Attached: 1557202923891.png (1024x768, 779K)

This worked the first time but now if a game asks for my real name I always subconsciously remember that it knows.

>game knows your name
>never asked you for it at any time

Attached: 1544591280486.png (224x361, 16K)

The way Earthbound did this was seriously fucking genius

Yeah, in XIV the music is an integral part of the lore. Half of what we know about the mindsets of Yotsuyu as Tsukuyomi and Ysayle as Shiva comes from their songs.

>Enemy is charging a super powerful attack
>you throw up a reflect spell
>It gets bounced back and he just fucking dies.
The Thor fight in Persona 5 always makes me laugh.

Is this in a game or did you make it up?
Because it's pretty fuckin cool.

Attached: 1556854055429.png (320x353, 82K)

nuclear throne had a song with amazing lyrics during the credits. was so satisfying to hear after making it to the end. the perfect ending to an amazing game

Attached: 34285723584.jpg (2048x2288, 300K)

OneShot did this and it caught me off guard at first, but after it messed with the other stuff earlier I figured it just read my computer's name

Spec Ops: The Line

Mirror's Edge

>in depth bestiaries
Please yes what games I fucking love bestiaries and filling them out

Hey...uhh completely unrelated to your post, but the one ancient game, Kid Icarus got a sequel ~2011 you should try...........

>game does this
>refers to me as "computer" or "dfghj"

>The nobleman has the ability to use a “perfect counter” which is a near frame perfect parry that blocks an attack and deals massive damage in return
>The final part of the fight has the nobleman use this against the aristocrat.
>The aristocrat responds with their own perfect counter which you can then counter in turn
>This results in a chain of perfect counters increasing in speed until it basically becomes a button mashing QTE
>The reason the nobleman wins isn’t because the robot loses focus but because his hydraulics actually give out from the raw exertion, paralysing him.
>As a result he congratulates the nobleman and accepts defeat, asking to take up the mission uniting the world in his stead but not to make his mistakes.
>As the mansion burns around you his final request is for the nobleman to carry him to a hidden room of the mansion where his master is interred, after which he gives you the keys to his personal copter and stays to burn up with the mansion as it loses altitude and eventually crashes in the ocean outside of the city.

Attached: 5A641112-8DDC-4118-A774-1EFC9E8843BD.gif (550x308, 1.18M)

didn't castlevania symphony of the night do this when the castle gets flipped upside down? i forget

Mother fucking Black & White, not only does it know your name, but it only reveals it's power when you've been playing for too long and it starts to quietly whisper your name to freak you out.

>Levithan's theme is from the perspective of the Sahagin begging him for help
>Most of the Alexander raids boss themes are riddled with goblin-speak in the lyrics, you can even catch some goblins in the overworld singing it
>fucking Sephirot
SB really lacked in this cause of all the Nip stuff. Really looking forward to the music in ShB.

1. Nice fag typing, reddit
2. Hades is only a secret if you live under a rock and have actively avoided all information and discussion of the game

>Game has you team up with the enemy towards the end
>You can bro it up with the bosses you fought earlier

Attached: Allenlaugh.gif (82x46, 12K)

FUUUUUCK I NEED IT

>Games bonus mode/post game is half as long as the main game
>And it's canon

Attached: 316f756771cadf730af78af0353cfdb973d569b8r1-351-344v2_00.jpg (351x344, 14K)

>>in-depth bestiaries with lore inside the monster summaries
>some monsters are permanently missable
>there is no New Game +

Attached: 705.png (630x345, 230K)

>HOW DID HE KNOWS !!!!1

Attached: 1557382675009.gif (200x189, 742K)

>Soundtrack has a certain instrumental tune that can be heard in multiple different songs throughout the game
>The credit/final boss music adds vocals to the tune

missed one very late game enemy on Okami and will forever be missing on trophy for platinum on ps3

Attached: 1543794708171.jpg (882x960, 76K)

Part of this reminds me of Shanghai Knights' final fight where Jackie Chan gets outclassed

Pikmin 2 and Final Fantasy XII are great for this

>there's been a considerable amount of time that's passed since the last game
>still meet a character or two that was in the older games as a cameo at one point

Alternatively
>meet a character of one of the older games in the stealth prequel

Attached: pucci bit closer to heaven.jpg (800x960, 166K)

Who here /evillab/ ? Nothing is better than breaking into a place where forbidden experiments are made

Attached: 1519928012384.png (460x460, 153K)

see that's exactly what they did. blew my mind when the credits were rolling

Just finished Spiderman PS4 and there's a few good instances of that

Psychonauts has you fighting a theater critic named Jasper that sits in a hovering chair. His large pens shoot criticism at you while he insults your fighting.

>screenshots you took actively
>you have to pick the best one to show your wife

>main character gets drastically weakened during a boss fight to the point of limping
>still tries to fight despite this

It's comforting to hear that my posting style is steadily becoming untenable to Yea Forums. It gives me hope that I won't be here forever. In this way I'm developing myself as a person outside of the confines of what's considered "based" and growing closer to my own heart.

That sounds amazing.

> "going against him will be the end of everything"
> final battle starts
>credits appear on a corner

Attached: 1547266444012.jpg (346x331, 22K)

You should buy the game on Steam or GOG, it's cheap and full of funny moments like that.

>Fight boss with the same abilities and powers you have
>They even do their own tricks and techniques while talking or insulting you during the fight
>All of this is going down while one of the best tracks of the game plays

Attached: shizuka fight.jpg (1280x720, 281K)

Pikmin 2 is what got me into bestiaries but looks like I'm going to try final fantasy next, thanks

Halo 2, prob a few sonic games (sorta)

>spend the entire game trying to reach the center of the galaxy
>get there
>it's literally nothing

Attached: 327913201432.png (192x192, 47K)

>Final boss commits suicide

Attached: 1544727312596.gif (500x272, 1.17M)

Thanks spore

Do abandoned ones count? Something exciting about exploring something like that not knowing what killed all the scientists or encountering whatever they were working on

Play SMT right now you fucking faglord.

-->/x

Hotline Miami counts?

>Final boss theme is a edgy/metal/epic reprisal of the main theme with vocals
That shit's the fucking best, recent one in mind was DMCV.

>All of your spells and skills level up with you instead of you getting "Spell 2" "Spell 3"
>No redundancies, no bloat, everything retains a use in a compact but versatile kit

>Previous game's protags show up to help you against the final boss
>They don't job, but they don't steal the show from the new protag either

New Colossus

Truly is the schizo suppository slowly trawling its way through the narrow tunnels of my small intestine as we speak.

>fight starts with an orchestral version of the theme that's been showing up all game
>that DT fuck you that starts the real music
>lyrics that trigger only after you do a super grab attack

Attached: 1552195275705.png (1067x625, 524K)

Drakengard 3

This but
>one of the "enemy" factions are clearly in the right. You can choose to help them but they'll still think you as an enemy
Sekiro did this really well
Also
>enemy bosses can fight each other

Attached: Screenshot_20190529-173031_1_1.jpg (1280x677, 136K)

>Side quest reveals information that helps you understand the lore or story.

Nier Automata does this.

>Doing side quests won't over level you for the main story

Nier Automata does not do this

there are a ton of examples of this one but undertale comes to mind

For me personally I prefer them to help out on a secret boss rather than the final boss.

Attached: 4307870243.jpg (300x286, 39K)

God of War III

>main villain isn't actually the main villain but you don't find this out until after you beat the main game

any guess as to what i'm referring to?

>You can beat the game without killing anybody
>You can redeem the villain
>NPC remember all the good deeds you done
I enjoy being a knight in shining armor alright

Attached: 327e6284d848f9ba90d8db5b481811e8dbd557ab574296aa98738c79aabab214.png (1093x311, 87K)

>Bosses that feel more like duels between equals

But of course
Its always accompanied by the best themes
youtube.com/watch?v=S9ZcQ93GMOM
youtube.com/watch?v=eZlVVFWhjiE

Attached: 1497898033433.jpg (435x269, 36K)

Ys 8?

P3fes?

in dark souls i was terrified of Havel and in the end had a 10 minute, one on one fight with the guy in the tower going up and down the staircase, and it was absolutely awesome.

RULES OF NATUREEEEE

happened in ff xv right? I really like that its like a better version of the earthbound photos

>Weapon visuals change as you upgrade them
>Cave behind the waterfall

Attached: 1559269177488.png (154x223, 63K)

This is cool and all but has gone far beyond "cool things games do that I like" to "Here is my idea guy game".

>Enemy's base is hidden behind a waterfall
>Password is standing still for three real world minutes and then they let you in

Attached: 1559207959976.gif (256x256, 329K)

You mean the first deus ex.
Prod with the prod till the end.

>villain from first game becomes a party member/love interest in the sequel
>protagonist of first game is trying to fucking murder you in the sequel

Attached: caim.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

Yeah, we get it, spec ops the line...

You are all describing Bayonetta

When games do the "thank you for playing, we hope to see you again!" stuff
But itvalso makes me sad

Spyro 3 hits especially hard, it feels like I'm leaving an old friend and they know I won't come back to visit them. Why did the last line have to be, " we'll miss you."

Attached: pjum4j16cie11.jpg (800x450, 33K)

>boss has 7+ forms in one seamless fight

Attached: 1497413916479.jpg (540x540, 71K)

Game centers around two warring factions with massive armies, but there's also a secret third faction that has only one member: You.

What games besides kingdom hearts does this

Seven Force
Zant
Final boss in Dragon Quest IV
Nyx sort of

>Game takes away your weapons and tools for a period, forcing you to play creatively with what you're given.

Dragon Quest VII's Alltrades Abby is by far the best I've ever seen that done in a RPG.

Not forms really but Tooie's final boss has a few phases

>Lasers
>Mortar Cannons (First one then 2)
>Chases you around
>A combination of step 1 and 3 (First with 2 lasers then all 4)
>First person part where Grunty throws out minions
>Releases gas that make your air go down
>Fires a super fast spell every 2 seconds

Catherine, technically

You should play DMC5.

Furi did this the best IMO

>fight the boss at the start of the game
>he is at max level and you survive
>get to fight the boss later he got stronger along the way as well

GARGANTUAN
FUCKING
SCALE

Attached: IG-1488.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

>credit is your very own theme song and everyone is dancing to it
youtube.com/watch?v=SFSen7DRQWU

Castlevania PoR

>Games advisor suggests you take a break after x amount of hours

>you can skip a boss fight by having the boss commit suicide.
Loved it, never fought saren my first play through, because I made him off himself with words.

>You have a cool move
>Some bosses including the final boss use it later on

cave story and FFXV come to mind

i had rangda in my party during that fight, good times.

>Press Start prompt
>Other buttons also work

Attached: 1484736298726.jpg (500x282, 26K)

every dark souls (straight sword)

>initial dungeon ends up being the final dungeon once the happenings begin.

Bloodborne

>party member betrays the party to become the villain’s right-hand man
>you fight them later on and after the fight they explain the reason behind their betrayal, apologise and return to the party

Attached: AF2FECB4-9665-43DB-A493-1C6DEDD25DD8.jpg (640x597, 207K)

>enemy force teams up with you near the end of the game to take down a larger threat

Attached: 28377863_1881419278816527_506903111228386707_n.jpg (500x667, 37K)

Caligula does it youtube.com/watch?v=CT404IokUoU

Transistor did this. The final fight has Royce using the same mechanic that up to that point only you had.

Attached: royce-bracket-transistor-96.6.jpg (210x240, 16K)

The first Borderlands had a DLC where the credits start to roll only to be interrupted by a boss.

here's a non-zoomer choice:
Jade Cocoon.

each bad guy has their own theme with lyrics that explains their motivations and hints at their backstory youtube.com/watch?v=_ARxsQ46hJQ

Geneforge.
Don't ignore this reply you faggot.

>fights have a theme with variations depending on how you're doing it
As fas as i can remember, skies of arcadia, xenoblade and world of warplanes (before the updates) did this and it was great

siralim 2, though after a while it feels like a long masturbation session

Ever heard of azure dreams?

I loved this on Guild Wars.

>secret paths everywhere

bepis

>MC or party member who is usually pretty calm gets fired up

>games withs lots of extra dialog, and hidden quests that you can only get if you take the time to look for it

>you can antagonize and kill furries

Attached: 1542048234811.webm (546x726, 888K)

>they're all pantyshots

>Space 4X games that allow you to turn population into resources
Had to mod spaces empires 4 to do this, but i got to play as ME reapers
And Stellaris and it's cattle slaves were kino as well

>no one mentioned dragon warrior monsters

>you get one of the best weapons in the game from a random side-quest

>The boss notices when you're doing way better than a normal person would against them

>Boss notices that you're better than the average player
>Goes all out as it sees you as a threat
Mite b cool

Man, i love that game.
>mfw first time looping

Attached: 1549706095362.jpg (240x285, 91K)

>credits are a montage of all the good times you had with your teammates
>they are actual screenshots the game took silently
>you don't remember any of them

Attached: 6.jpg (331x306, 16K)

> game tries to be witty by reading whatever you named your computer
> "I know you're reading this, KITCHEN COMPUTER."

>Slowly find out the Mc's goals are more gray then you thought
>you can chose to play as the antagonist in the final fight

>learning to code is taking so long that I might never get around to making it

Attached: 1454623083777.gif (400x267, 1.56M)

So true fallout? Any other one?

>You meet different characters through the story depending on your character's morality alignment
>Most of which become recruit-able if you meet the right circumstances

Nobody has done this better than Ogre Battle 64, and honestly the fact we will never see another game of it's ilk ever again means we should honestly just all up and kill ourselves because what's the point.

>Final boss/Ending/Credit music are improved versions of the main theme
I cum buckets when this happens.

>first password is 0451

Attached: soy.jpg (1002x857, 54K)

>Enemies and allies join to defeat a worse enemy
Buckets i tell you.

>gameplay revolves around a certain style of match, like a card duel or a puzzle game
>all disputes are settled using this format, even when it would be more efficient for the bad guys to just beat the shit out of everyone
Bonus points if traditional weapons like guns and swords are present but never used

Bump.

>character game deems as a menacing boss and possible end game challenger ends up getting surprise killed by another, weaker NPC as he was being developed

Attached: 1533268466048.png (480x308, 175K)

>Game uses complex/clever use of palette-swapping
Characterwise: KOF Maximum Impact and most Arcsys games
Backgroundwise: Kirby's Dream Land 3's Boss Butch and Sonic Mania's Encore Mode.

Attached: 1472865194603.jpg (912x317, 88K)

>Everything about the Darknut from Twilight Princess/Wind Waker

>True on the couch splitscreen with your friends

>That one weapon that's only in a few places but you want to make love to it every time you use it.

>Final Boss uses famous signature weapons/attacks used by protagonists in previous installments
>They're just as strong as they were in the original games
>You now feel what it's like to be on the receiving end

Attached: 1558889342184.jpg (466x490, 20K)

>it's clearly not the end of the fight because his health bar doesn't go away
Yeah nice try Shinobi Owl, I'm not falling for it.

Attached: 2204269-Max-Paynes-face.jpg (431x557, 54K)

>Boss begins buffing himself as he begs

Attached: 1539647403783.jpg (680x498, 52K)