WHAT WAS THAT GAME CALLED?!

Yea Forums YOU'RE MY LAST HOPE
I can't fucking remember a game from my childhood. I'll give you all the information I can remember about the game and if you know what I'm talking about please tell me.

This has been bugging me for months.

It was a third person shooter, very arcade feel. The camera shifted around to fit the environment so it wasn't necessarily top down OR horizontal. Alot like the game "apocalypse" with Bruce Willis if you've played that.

It was either PS1 or PS2 era the most salient memory I have was of a FMV cutscene when you started the game of the two main characters, a beefy black dude and white girl with short blonde hair being held in some robotic surgery machine and getting some kind of needle and their armour.

That's about all I can dig out of my brain. If it rings any bells for you leave a response. I'm going to find this fucking game.

Attached: received_572020233186746.jpg (720x670, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Egj7N1UggnY&t=0m38s
youtube.com/watch?v=VCuNOMCfMD0
youtube.com/watch?v=p_JDVbEjyY0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZA84xSfNe4s
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/category/182-action-shooter-third-person-arcade
youtube.com/watch?v=L9Qog5uROA0
youtube.com/watch?v=TyiMb4xQMzs
youtube.com/watch?v=ms4xAGmD0-U
youtube.com/watch?v=jzq_K_uZbmM
youtube.com/watch?v=6KykbYzzszY
archive.org/download/Redump.orgSonyPlayStation-NTSC-U-A/Assault - Retribution (USA).zip
youtube.com/watch?v=4dhAoN69tZs
dragonlord.com/phonegames.html
youtube.com/watch?v=H3vSRzkG82U
youtube.com/watch?v=-pOwBxi0gDM)
youtube.com/watch?v=E2gVvhJ0Mhw
v1.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.166417-Old-Games-you-remember-playing-but-cant-remember-the-name-of
mobygames.com/browse/games/egames-inc/offset,125/so,1d/list-games/
youtube.com/watch?v=w4a01IKWwQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=OJcwJ2Qtuo4
myabandonware.com/game/the-incredible-machine-2-1n2
youtube.com/watch?v=fPmruHc4S9Q&gl=SG&hl=en-GB
youtu.be/mp8LzZQjy7g
newgrounds.com/search/conduct/games?sort=date-asc&terms=squirrel&match=tdtu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pity bump

Thank you

have a pity bump from me too, never played had or played PS1 and 2 so I can't help you

blasto

destroy all humans?

Pity Bump

Game sounds interesting and I would like to try it out

Any more information?

Was there a level where you were on the rooftops at night, and the framerate fucked itself basically any time a gun was fired?

No and no. Haven't played those games so I'm not sure if they're close either.

As I remember it, it was fantastic. But I was like 8 so I could be dead wrong...

I remember the first level being in space, I guess on a space station of human creation. Never got far on it cus I was a dumb ass 8 year old so maybe. Can't confirm or deny.

Yes! I remember it being not cartoony at all. Whoever made it used the graphics of the time as best they could to make it seem realistic. There were also dope ass power ups. Reminded me ALOT of contra, but I've looked through the contra games I could find online and they don't resemble my memory. Maybe I'm missing something. I'll say the graphics were in between apocalypse with Bruce willis, and neo contra.

Pic marginally related

It's me trying to remember information for you guys.

Attached: Screenshot_2017-08-13-11-57-41.png (1280x720, 1.23M)

Describe the power ups if you can.

Also, in what year were you 8 years old?

All I remember about them is they mostly effected your guns. Like *BZEEW* "NOW YOU SHOOT LIGHTNING type deal.

I do remember one thing that wasn't a gun though. You would get these sphere things that orbit your player that hurt enemies. That's about all I can remember and that part is pretty flimsy

I'm not sure exactly what year I got it in, and my parents usually bought me older games from bargain bins. The best time estimate I can give you is the part about the graphics and the fact that it was late PS1 or early PS2.

I dunno man
Turok?
Forsaken?
Urban Chaos?
I have had the feeling of finding a long lost game, buried in your memory, and it's one of the best feelings you can experience, so I'd really like to make sure OP gets his answer.

Unironically man go to /r/tipofmyjoystick on r+ddit. probably get answer. Also bump

this game OP?

Attached: 51V6GQG3E3L._SX342_ .jpg (342x337, 24K)

Have another pity bump

I wanna take this moment to thank you guys for actually trying to help me. It's a small gesture of goodwill and empathy but it means alot.

If we find this game I want you all to go and buy yourself a God damn chocolate bar and a celebratory tallboy of beer.

To answer your question, no its not any of those. I don't know why this game is so illusive. If I get to see that FMV one more time before I die I'll be happy.

So definitely not Contra Legacy of war?

Millennium Soldier: Expendable ?

Graal online classic i think

Might have to. Oh what we become in hard times.

That's not the game I'm looking for but that is the one I'm comparing it to. Apocalypse is very close in feeling to the one I remember. Same gameplay, way different visual style.

Thanks bb

Thanks for everyone's help

Here's another photo of me trying to remember

Attached: Screenshot_2017-02-04-16-02-54.png (646x883, 666K)

Did the game look blocky, like polygonal at all? That might tell if the game was PS1 or PS2.
Or was the FMV all fuzzy and shit? The PS1 FMV's were all fuzzy
Do you remember any dev logos?

Have a bump and good luck poor bastard, PS1 and PS2 have so much shovelware that you may never find it.

fighting force maybe?

I was gonna say that but the mention of a black dude and a girl threw me off.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Final Resistance?

Attached: c-12_final_resistance_0.jpg (620x465, 41K)

That definitely was one of my main investigations. Hell, the box art shows a beefy black dude and woman wearing armour AND it had a FMV cutscene. But alas it's not the game. The cutscene was different and those graphics are a little dated in comparison. I remember the main characters being 3 dimensional.

No but again very similar gameplay! Wired how many games fit the criteria during the same era of gaming. Also super fucking weird FMV.

Big nupe

I feel like we are getting closer

Or maybe not. Maybe the game never existed and this is gonna bring up some past trauma.

Either way I can't wait to see my childhood again

Attached: received_193603431161379.png (640x620, 611K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Egj7N1UggnY&t=0m38s

Project Eden?

Good luck OP

It was polygonal in its terrain, but I remember the characters being alot smoother. Like they had big ass shoulder pads that were super round and not blocky at all. I'm not sure if the FMV was fuzzy or my memory is, hopefully the polygon thing helps.

By God I will find this game or shit my pants trying to remember.

Nah

The camera was alot less static than final res. I don't even think it was player controlled.

Attached: image (5)-2.jpg (233x217, 13K)

Do you remember if it came out before or after 2001?

This has to be it.

HOLY HELL that is SO similar! It mad me remember more! In the FMV I remember, it was dimly lit and there wasn't any dialog. It was kinda unnerving as a kid.

I don't think the camera was player controlled. I remember one stick controlled movement and the other controlled your gun. You could also use the d-pad to shoot and move... cus old.

Attached: 1480910355355.gif (260x187, 1.26M)

Holy crap this thread really is interesting, as in we are encountering a particular trend of the 90s in vidya.
Good luck OP, I also want to know now.

In all honesty that linked r*ddit place can help because it won't get archived and you can list all the similar games listed here

Hm, do you remember the disc at all? If you're really dedicated try contacting relatives, but do that as a last resort.

youtube.com/watch?v=VCuNOMCfMD0

OP, was the first level dark and blocky at all?

just go to gamefaqs and search for every action ps1 game

This, and some of the gameplay footage I looked up, really sound like OP's game

Right stick controls the reticle like in this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=p_JDVbEjyY0

Third person?

Is it 'One'?

Alright my turn
Got this demo game in one of those subscribe magazines as a kid.

Started off as you in a gang in a warehouse suddenly you all split up because of some reason and you have to fight you way out.

Once out you have to recreate a new gang and you fight people on the street.

Once you fight someone and win you get a choice (either before or after) to either recruit them into your gang and you fight as them if you get knocked out during a fight OR you keep there money to buy weps.

Attached: thr motr yioyu know.jpg (300x168, 9K)

Yea it's pretty strange that this very particular type of game flared up in popularity and then all got lost to time.

I don't really. I feel like it had the two main characters on it but I cant be sure at all.

Doesn't ring any bells

It was definitely blocky but not in polygon ways. It was a space station in space with lots of right angles. As for dark I don't think so. It was more of a platform in space. Not always walls or a roof.

Tried that. Couldn't find anything

It's definitely not the game. I think the most accurate genre description is a "shoot em up". Again, VERY similar to apocalypse.

It sounds like the Mortal Kombat spin-off, Special Forces or something

Not the game but again CRAZY SIMILAR GAMEPLAY.

how are there this many games like this?!

Have you tried looking up game reviews? They may make the comparison to Apocalypse.

It's not Loaded is it?

I haven't. I'll get on it now.

No it's not loaded.

You know I think the saddest part about losing this game is that I remember the soundtrack being absolute bangers,

But I cant remember how they go.

Attached: 1439388458072.png (331x327, 190K)

hello OP.
I am he who knows games.
I think it is blood lines (bloodlines) on PS1.

Attached: Ds7ACiUW0AAn37Y.jpg large.jpg (402x507, 46K)

Attached: 451A033E-FB20-4B47-A308-C830D3C9F9C8.jpg (220x220, 17K)

C-12 Final Resistance:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZA84xSfNe4s
?

MDK.

For a sec I though it was Syphon Filter

Attached: 1457579564441.gif (200x150, 987K)

MDK doesn't have what he's describing. Sweet soundtrack though.

>You would get these sphere things that orbit your player that hurt enemies
Reminds of a game that I was trying to remember for 10+ years, a Sega Genesis game called Granada. I don't think there was ever any sequels, but maybe look for work from the same studio?

He said the soundtrack was great so that was why I mentioned it, that and no one else in the thread did.
People tend to misremember shit or mash other games together so seeing one could jog his memory.

Ladies and gentlemen we have been visited by the man himself. Sorry but no cigar. Not even a cigarette.

No

Also no

No

I'm gonna have a panic attack if this game doesn't actually exist and I imagined it all

What kind of gang is it?

You may be remembering it fine but at one user said there was a ton of shovelware during this era. Just be happy you're not some kid who'll try to hunt down some garbage they stumbled across on Steam years from now.

I'm not sure if the sphere thing will be of use, since it's such a widely used trope for shoot em ups. I mean even nazi zombies has that if you count the arcade mode.

True, any suggestions help. I remembered alot from just the FMVs alone. They help me contrast and compare.

Keep it going guys I can feel us getting closer

Dynamite Cop?

Attached: dynamitecop.jpg (400x397, 66K)

Christ what a bleak future gaming niggas have

Do you remember any dialogue from the game?
You remember any prominent colors on the disc?
You remember any dev logo or splash screen?

Completely stumped on most details past what I've given so far. If anything else comes up I'll spill immediately

C: The Contra Adventure?

Attached: opf.png (921x693, 945K)

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/category/182-action-shooter-third-person-arcade

I'm sure you've already seen this list, but maybe it will help.
People ITT seem to be heavily fixated on it being on PS1 (myself included), but there are many consoles in a rather large time range that could fit the description.
Not sure if you mentioned it, but what consoles did you have?

Attached: the thinker.jpg (197x256, 7K)

Nah

Thanks for the link. Even if I've seen it, it Helps to have it here for everyone including me. I had a PS1 and PS2. Games for both of them. Usually just used the PS2 to play all of them except the ones that were so old you couldn't. That disk was definitely either PS1 or PS2.

I can remember the smell of the fucking CD binder the disk was in but no the title of the game.

My brain, man.

Another pic of me thinking

Attached: 1494156146669.gif (320x213, 1.3M)

>I can remember the smell of the fucking CD binder the disk was in but no the title of the game.
Not to disturb your thinking, but what was the smell?

Machine hunter on ps1
project eden on ps2
the hive for ps1
vanark for ps1
what country do you live in OP it's pretty important to know if you had access to NTSC Ugames or just PAL.

Attached: vanark.jpg (720x480, 60K)

Have my bump

And my axe!

Musty plastic and old fabric. It was black and grey. I can remember the sound of the plastic crinkling around the disks when you turned a page.

I'm gonna try and stay calm right now, I'll explain in a second, but I love in Canada. I hope that helps

Okay calm time over

MACHINE HUNTER BROUGHT BACK SO MANY MEMORIES HOLY SHIT I WAS SO SCARED OF THAT GAME. it's not even the one I'm looking for currently but thank you, user, for that absolute blast from the past! Man, fucking machine hunter.

I hope I get the same feeling x10 when I figure out the one I'm actually looking for.

Attached: 1494158582965.gif (285x238, 2.92M)

Let's see then. You don't remember a multiplayer mode right? It was a choice between the black dude and the blonde woman?

>plastic
Must be a PS2 game then, PS1 had glass cases like music albums

I think OP was just saying that a black dude and blonde woman were featured in the opening FMV

Yes! It did have multiplayer! As in two controllers. Player two was the girl, my big bro was always big nigga. I think in single player you could only be the black guy though.

he said "the main characters".

Nono you misunderstand. Most of my games were within a giant binder. Like a card binder for Pokemon but instead of slots for cards they were slots for disks.

They were both in game if you played with two players

youtube.com/watch?v=L9Qog5uROA0

Played a game, I think it was ps2 it was possibly gamecube but regardless it seemingly took place in feudal japan. You could recruit party members and I believe it was the main character (male and boyish) who use wind magic or wind based abilities. the levels I think were mission based and it didn't feel like a tales game or standard JRPG it seemed more like an action SRPG in terms it felt more like dynasty warriors if that makes sense? I think it had an anime aesthetic too, definitely wasn't -too- realistic though.

Onimusha?

youtube.com/watch?v=TyiMb4xQMzs
Bit of a stretch, but we have a buff black dude and a blonde girl here, with the gameplay you described but that's about all that matches

only thing i can think of is contra, otherwise I've got nothing

Drakengard?

no. I remember onimusha fondly. It had heavy JRPG aesthetics and mechanics just the way you did battle was different. it was like a field.

more anime/child like. Think shining force or tales of.

maybe Kessen?

I uh... This is... No

Nope not this either. I wanna stress that the one thing I remember most concretely was the gameplay and FMV I described earlier. the only thing that really sets it apart (apperently) from ALL THE OTHER VERY SIMILAR GAMES OF THE TIME was the FMV

Was it live action or CGI?

Crisis beat, OP?
sounds a lot like ephemeral fantasia.

pity bump, good luck

100% CGI no doubt about it. As for quality of animation I'm not sure. I was very young and you don't have a very good heaps on that, especially when the tech was cutting edge for it's time. I'm sure we all remember GTA San Andreas as being realistic as a mirror.

youtube.com/watch?v=ms4xAGmD0-U
assault retribution.
how cigar now

I'm hijacking and am curious of a game of my own. I used to play a game on my dads cellphone, way back when. The only games on the phone was a brick attack like game and an rpg. I'm curious about the rpg. I think it might have been rouguelike, but I cant remember. You played as some sprite and combat would consists of ramming your sprite into enemies and you could run away from combat if you were gonna die, but enemies would stay hot on your trail one pixel behind you. Any and all help is appreciated. I wanna say it could have been nokia, but it's been too long.

I dont think it's any of these. Thanks for the help though, everyone.

Oh shit. Not OP, but this is looking like a winner

>I'm gonna have a panic attack
Kids these days

Attached: 2ded08e1.png (1460x1708, 148K)

>Crisis Beat
Not OP, but HOLY SHIT! I've been trying to remember this game for so long. Thx user.

do we have a winrar?

think you got it buddy. OP is probably freaking out right about now.

This HAS to be it

Attached: 1558095250899.png (640x630, 439K)

youtube.com/watch?v=jzq_K_uZbmM

OP Where the fuck you at?

FUCK THE CIGAR YOU GOT THE WHOLE BOX

this is it! THIS IS THE FUCKING GAME ITS REAL YOU GUYS ITS FUCKING REAL!

HE KNOWS THE GAMES
PRAISE THE GAME KNOWER

Attached: 1476152050197.gif (294x233, 1.42M)

Pretty convincing, this is it.

good job man, you win

I was just about to close this thread and go to sleep, but I'm so happy I stuck around for the finale.
God damn OP, my whole weekend is going to be better just because I got to experience someone else having this feeling.
Same thing happened to me. Game was Commander Keen 4.
Just a tremendous, joyous feeling.
God bless this thread, God bless OP, and GOD BLESS HE WHO KNOWS GAMES!!!

Congrats man. I actually was in the same position for this game 3 years ago. Feels good to know you know what the game was now.

since I helped the OP i'll try you now. my wheelhouse is generally stuff before 2000 though, so bear with me.
Radiata stories,
one of the baten kaitos games if it's on gamecube,
but I'll go for radiata stories right now.
Do you happen to remember the phone model? the 5233 and the 6600 both had RPGs on them.

Anyone know of this old retro game where you start out in a prison and the guy in the same cell as you asks you for money to break you out and it's like a really big amount and if you say yes he says something like "Well, prisoners don't have money so you'll have to pay me later"
The art was pixel sprites and the view was top down/overhead perspective

>tfw Yea Forums finally did something right

Attached: 3473578.gif (528x555, 816K)

Holy shit he is unstoppable. Legend.
One of the most wholesome and best threads on Yea Forums in years.

Mystic Heroes?

Good jerb.

Holy shit this was a trip. It's glad knowing I played a part in helping. It's truly inspiring to see All these strangers come together to help one guy out on his journey. I want someone to screencap this thread so the adventure will never be forgotten.
Godspeed to OP
Godspeed to every user who posted
and Godspeed to the almighty entity who knows games.

2d or 3D? console or PC?

alright, my turn, it was a ps1 top down game, the plot was essentially some kind of magic forced everyone but the MC and his sister to sleep, your "health" was represented as ZZZZZs, and was recharged by standing on sleeping people, the only two levels I remember were starting out in MC's room, and a second one taking place in a dream world, the dreamworld level made your character take on a nightmare form that was some kind of red lizard and was much more combat focused. also, one of the collectibles was a bunch of beatles scattered around the levels. I think you neede a certain amount to progress, which may have been why my six year old self never made it further than the second level.

You said you played it when you were 8, but you didn‘t say what year you were born so we can maybe get a better time frame.

40 winks, chief.

Console, 3D I guess? it had similar controls and navigation to most RPGs like pokemon
And it was Japanese too, of that I'm sure.

OP here

I just finished watching the intro.

I can't believe you guys found this game but I can't tell you how much this means to me.

I'm starting a new job tomorrow, that I need, But I know its gonna be soul sucking work. I've been feeling the beginning of the end creeping up toward me. Like the feeling of the sun going down on a Sunday.

I guess I've just been thinking more and more about my childhood and this game was one of the best ones.

I don't mean to get so personal but I wanted to get across how important finding this was to me and this is the last place i could try before giving up.

With the name I can watch playthroughs and possibly even emulate it on my PC and I'm so fucking happy for it.

Thank you for giving me this one Yea Forums

You guys fuckin' crushed it

Attached: Screenshot_2016-10-05-18-28-04.png (497x497, 374K)

You're misremembering 40 winks I think
youtube.com/watch?v=6KykbYzzszY

yeah that really sounds like Mystic Heroes

My bad, 40 Winks, Chief.

40 winks wasn't top down.

But yea it's pretty much what hes explaining. Good job user.

illusion of gaia, perhaps.

Can't remember actual model. I wanna say possibly 6600 or maybe before as the phone was basic one with no color on screen.

Hmm, I already played that a few weeks ago and don't remember that scene, maybe I need to re-visit it

damn, that is close, but it was most definitely isometric. also, how many fucking platformers does the ps1 HAVE?

Good luck at your new job.

Have fun user!

also, to add to this, it was sprite based.

Not your blog fantastic user glad you found the game

wholesome thread

Attached: tumblr_nz6t28j3041s7ci8jo1_540.gif (516x229, 79K)

Hard times?

>possibly even emulate it
archive.org/download/Redump.orgSonyPlayStation-NTSC-U-A/Assault - Retribution (USA).zip

I hope this one is simple but I'd love to remember a game trailer I saw maybe a year ago, I want to believe it was made by adults swim games but it was a sifi game and the trailer featured a girl going to different places like some space bar and recruiting someone? I think it might have been an RPG or crpg specifically, does anyone have any idea what i'm talking about?

We did it r*dDiT!!!1!1!1!1!!!!!!

Attached: brainlet.png (645x773, 37K)

No the game doesn't take place IN the prison, it's just the starting point

Wrong website kiddo

Describe the art style.

well my first guess was "Dark Dimension", one of the RPGs on the 6600 that you could be thinking of pic related. It maybe played on another model with a monochrome screen, but I'll keep looking.
if not illusion of gaia ff8 has an interrogation scene but I don't think anyone tries to break you out. suikoden 2 starts you off in a prison, sort of, and I know someone offers you a way out in exchange for cash, but it's not 3d. saga frontier is 3D and a couple stories start in a prison.
youtube.com/watch?v=4dhAoN69tZs
swagman

Attached: P-607361-KDLCHNRnco-2.jpg (240x320, 42K)

swagman, no fucking wonder I couldn't guess the name.

this was a nice thread. godspeed, OP.

Ah fuck I almost want to say it looked how borderlands looks but I can't remember, I think the trailer mostly consisted of still pictures sort of like a comic?

Thanks for taking the time out to help. From what I remember, i think the game had no text. You would go from the start menu and be dropped into the game. You would use the phones arrow keys to move around, and almost nothing was explained(possibly a help menu on start, but cant say) I dont remember how health was displayed, but I remember you you would just move away from the enemy if you did not want to fight but they would pursue. There might have been a dragon as the first boss. Possible saving method, but I would always just die and start over. That's all I can remember for now.

Wasted?

Did the girl used to have some kind of teleportation power? Think I've seen something like it before

OP here

Ehem

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

This makes me happy to see, good work

Attached: 1553308410817.png (512x512, 531K)

Nah the characters in the trailer were normal looking humans aside from the aliens Can't remember possibly like I said its a sifi game so she could have like to teleport to a ship or something

This is honestly one of my favorite threads I've seen on Yea Forums and I'm happy for you big guy

Wild 9?

Right, so, I can't find footage of it, but it sounds like Cavern Crawl (looking it up now yields only dota results)
dragonlord.com/phonegames.html
it was monochrome, it had no tutorial of any sort, and featured a dragon as a boss. I'll spend the next 10 minutes or so looking for some footage deeper on youtube. It was on a kyocera handset, too, not a nokia if maybe the brand rings a bell.

I used to rent a ton of games from Blockbuster when I was younger. I occasionally think of one where you play as some kind of swordsman or demon - or a swordsman that can turn into a demon. I remember in the demon form you could fly around rather quickly and freely. For some reason, Onimusha would ring a bell, but so does Otogi. I think they were in a similar vein. This was also on either PS2 or XBOX. Can't remember which.

Attached: 610Laiu4FRL._SY445_.jpg (314x445, 46K)

>tfw ywn find an old extremely obscure game
it's not fair bros

Primal, blood will tell/dororo, Mark of Kri, God hand, and tenchu wrath of heaven jump out as immediate guesses.

Oh and uh, Legacy of Kain:Soul Reaver.
if you remember something just post it, I'll be around for another half hour or so searching.

now you made me remember an old game I never got to remember the title
It was a win 98 game, top down camera, the MC looked to be infiltrating into some sort of military base, i only remmeber to have some sort of pistol, the colors of the only level I remember were red and orange, a lot of
youtube.com/watch?v=H3vSRzkG82U
screams 3 and 5 too, I wish someone could help
I got to find commander keen, betsy cow and the mickey mouse goes to date games from that era but not this one
thanks if you read it

Alright.
>2d platforming game
>might have been early windows and not dos
>levels are large free-roam
>main character is a brown n shape with googly eyes
>can form a circle around blue pipes to move around quickly
>boss of the demo was a bad version of yourself in a crystal arena

lol this looks like shit OP. did you seriously make everyone go through all that trouble just for this trash?

Not quite as you're describing it, but Zool?

So, I think this was on sega.
It's a side scroller
You jump on enemies to defeat them
You get powerups from jumping into squares
You can't go back in the stage
The main powerup is like a hat that doubles your size and lets you break some blocks

Somebody help me out.

Call of duty?

after three years of asking no one fucking can find this game
>play as a flying alien dog
>fight various aquatic creatures in a galiga clone
>The 8th level you fight octopus
PLEASE SOME ONE FUCKING HELP

It definitely is Mystic Heroes, he described the gameplay and the first character you control to a T.

kid chameleon
can you describe the main character any more? "N" shape is a bit confusing to me.

MY NIGGA THAT SHIT IS MYSTIC HEROES

Attached: MYSTIC HEROES.jpg (189x267, 14K)

jesus this is bad

what platform

please anons i need to know, it might have been a big fish game.
pc

Oh shit, this has gotta be it! Can't find a screenshot, but all signs point to yes. Thank you wholeheartedly fren, you've made year and then some!

Attached: something like this.png (800x600, 7K)

that shit is classic

i have a scrapped review of the game, i think it would be great but i wanted to edit it more.

Yeah that's about the issue I had, I can't say I ever played it myself but I can find a few testimonials around the web of people talking about playing it on monochrome screens so it certainly seems the best option. I'm sure there's a dump of it somewhere out there.
Do you remember if the graphics were more low def, or maybe something like claymates (youtube.com/watch?v=-pOwBxi0gDM)
PC or DOS? When do you remember playing it?

Shit is this game really that unknown? I had it on my pc back in 2002. my mom loved that game :(

Pc back in 2002-2006

Graphics were very similar to eggbert, but the background was just pitch black I think

Attached: 5fbd265a83c4ce70969a109593d09047.png (640x480, 73K)

youtube.com/watch?v=E2gVvhJ0Mhw
Pet Wings

Anyone know a game where you play as this weird little creature searching for keys before the lava hit you?

I LOVE YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
okay next one
You played as animals and they fought and when they leveled up they said "Oh i can feel it"
found it it's Digging jim

Alright, since we have some straight up detectives in the thread;
I've been looking for a game for ages. I'm closing my 30s, so I doubt there's people who actually know this game, but I'll give it a try. Also, since it's around 20 years ago, I can barely remember details.

It's an MSDOS game where the main goal is digging. It's not definitely not 'digger', but I vaguely remember 'dig' being featured in the name (could be my own child mind giving it that name though). You have a team of guys and you play against other teams of guys who look different. Your main base is above ground with a tent, where you start. You collect stuff under ground, but I'm not entire sure what you do with it again. I believe you also have explosives you could use, which could kill your guys.

That's most of what I remember. Everytime I try to look up the game, I get directed to 'digger'. Hopefully some other boomer recognizes the game.

v1.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.166417-Old-Games-you-remember-playing-but-cant-remember-the-name-of

FOr the record

You don't understand, YEARS of looking for this game AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: HIPSTER DANCE.gif (340x400, 2.1M)

any one know this computer pokemon game clone? You played as random animals and when they level up they say "OOOOO I can feel it" after this i can die in peace

Is it? I wasn't aware.

Anons please. Last one and im free from the shackles of this putrid feeling known as not knowing what the fuck this shitty game is.

Unfortunately I'm at a loss. My best guess is it might be something by egames (the publisher of speedy bluppi/eggbert) around the same timeframe, a lot of their games have similar graphical designs because they were all made in a small timeframe.
mobygames.com/browse/games/egames-inc/offset,125/so,1d/list-games/
mobygames is what I use to sift through games with tags I have, but unfortunately I'm at a bit of a loss, the character actually sounds familiar to me and i'm sure I'll find it at some point, I just don't think that point is today, sorry user.
youtube.com/watch?v=w4a01IKWwQ8 Diggers (1993) there's like 8 games called digger/digs/diggers/dig so I don't blame you.

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=OJcwJ2Qtuo4
battlepets (1999)

Might as well try my luck too:

I remember basically nothing about this game other than it being a PS1 game that was in first-person. I believe there was an opening scene (but recall nothing about it) and then when getting control, being able to look around, with a camera that would rotate to fixed points, at a pinkish mountainous area.

The reason for not being able to remember more than this is because I could not for the life of me get the game to do anything but look around at those fixed points with any input. I scoured the manual and pressed every button and button combination to no avail, before quickly getting rid of the game and writing it off as a waste of $20. This had to have been around 1997-1999.

Not expecting anything though, since I've tried off and on to find this many times, looking through any lists of first-person games with no luck, and even when, years ago, Yea Forums helped me find Disruptor, no one had a clue about this.

Well, since this is active, I might as well. Three games, any will suffice.

First is a Digger clone, I assume, but I'm not sure. Windows 95, early Win98 era tops, you play as a heart and you need to escape or get some stuff in the level. Classic top down playstyle over tiles,

Second is a WIn 3.1 era game. Mac Attack, I remember it being called, but unsure. A shmup game where you must destroy Macs, the first boxy ones.

THird is the most ambigous of them all, didn't play it at all, but I always was curious about it. THe only thing is that it was a point-and-click game, I guess (Think Encarta's dungeon style), it was a horror game that released about the time MK3 did, and I THINK it was called SEVEN, but every search result nets me nothing with that name.
Thanks Yea Forums

>Diggers
holy shit you absolute madlad. Strange that I never found it when it's simply called 'diggers', but here we are. How could I forget the fucking dwarves.
Thank you so much user. Going to see if I can get it running right now.

Agh fuck man that nostalgia hit. I seriously miss this cheesy ass FMVs

Well you just made my week. My brother is so fucking happy.
Have this Rare Mio

Attached: Mio-chan.png (300x333, 177K)

>glass

Are you retarded? Jewel cases are plastic

If you can remember if it was a ps1 or ps2 game i can find it. Im not gonna do the samething twice

Bump

Hopefully someday. Thanks for trying user

OP

Are you sure you just didn't dream the game up?

Attached: image.jpg (500x500, 62K)

Third one: The 7th Guest?

Was it this?

Attached: DJ.png (640x480, 624K)

Any possible names? Devs maybe?

No, it was a 2d platformer

myabandonware.com/game/the-incredible-machine-2-1n2
Has a huge list of random shit you might've played when you were a toddler

Apparently that's the one. i was a kid back then, and I was scolded out of the room when I saw it running. My cousins were thrilled to play it.
Thanks! I'll check it out.

There is an educational game i played a long time ago, the bg music is the entertainer

youtube.com/watch?v=fPmruHc4S9Q&gl=SG&hl=en-GB

i dont remember much but there was a bridge or something does anyone know, game was from the 90s

I wish. That would make it easy.

Could have been the ps1 game "One" op

youtu.be/mp8LzZQjy7g

If anyone can help me, theres this game that I think I found off Newgrounds, maybe addictinggames, cant remember. some flash game, and you played as a squirrel who was always pissed off and the goal of the game was to NOT let all the other woodland creatures brighten your mood. I remember a game over just being you becoming some other happy woodland squirrel. I remember your 'health' being some sort of meter that gauged your mood, one such level of that meter being 'jaded' I think. Its some low quality flash game but this has been bugging me off/on for YEARS. HELP.

Attached: 1378434699557.gif (34x62, 1K)

The game you're looking for is parasite eve I think.

Here's a pic of the cover

Attached: Parasite_Eve_Coverart.png (220x211, 94K)

Here's a pic of the gameplay

Attached: parasite_eve_3.jpg (558x434, 234K)

newgrounds.com/search/conduct/games?sort=date-asc&terms=squirrel&match=tdtu
i can;t find it because im awfully drunk, but i hope this helps!

Attached: diddy.jpg (101x126, 4K)

i don't remember a beefy black guy in parasite eve.

He's not beefy, but he's a big black guy anyways

Attached: 009d8d8be31a679ce17572468be037db.jpg (700x850, 91K)

thanks for posting, unfortunately I am too. If it helps everyone else though, I remember (I believe its the first level) is a level where you travel through the branches of a tree.

Nice

Attached: 1556331124194.jpg (500x555, 101K)

he's not a main character and not in any opening FMV tho. PE is also an RPG with survival horror elements, not a third-person shooter with an arcade feel, and its camera didn't shift with the environment as far as I remember, as the environments were pre-rendered RPG areas ala FF7.

bump

This happened to me but with Goemons Adventure for 64. I love that fucking game.

Attached: 1558768039657.png (478x523, 80K)

OP, you've probably mixed up multiple games

I thought that was the name of the game

I had a shareware 100 games back in early windows and it was a caveman block pushing game. The stone blocks were grey, each level was usually only one screen. A little like Sudoku? I miss it.

Another game was a topdown spaceship shooter.

You remind me of myself. Though I can't help you with the block pushing one, the spaceship one could be a game called Warpath. I spent years looking for that game. Sorry if it isn't

Holy FUCK that's it!!! I love you guys so much. I never beat the game but I have super fond memories of it.

Imagine being afraid of Yea Forums laughing at you for going to Reddit.

Have a pity bump

>Sudoku
Sokoban is the game. Good luck finding it in the sea of clones.

Alright I need some help, I can incredibly vaugely remember an educational game where the goal was to collect stamps, and I think they might've been stamps based on the american states
It had 2 animal mascots but I don't remember what animals
I've looked all over for this game with no luck I just wanna see it again

Might as well ask here: does anyone remember an old 3D console game where a guy loads a bible into a gun like it's a magazine? I remember absolutely nothing else about it aside from that metal image.

Attached: 1544934377610.jpg (720x960, 62K)