Why wont Nintendo bring it back, lads?

Why wont Nintendo bring it back, lads?
Is it because Miyamoto was mad at Sega for making a better F-Zero game than he did, so he punished everyone?
youtu.be/R7EdZKMPP5Q

Attached: F-Zero_GX_Gameplay2-3.jpg (791x445, 95K)

>doesnt want to bring it back because “no new ideas”

>rehashes nsmb literally 6 times

Miyamoto hates it
NSMB series grossed 6.4 Billion dollars

It took 20+ years for Kid Icarus to get another game. Give it some time

it's because sega made the best version of f-zero and nintendo is mad about that

it's a niche series and they don't have a dedicated team to develop it, I don't see what's so hard to understand

they'll eventually make a new one though and this cesspool will shitpost about it being bad forever after it releases

They didn't develop the Gamecube game either. Why not just outsource it?

are you mentally retarded

>and this cesspool will shitpost about it being bad forever after it releases
I'm guessing you weren't happy with Yea Forums's reaction to sticker star?

>nintendo doesnt want to bring back fzero because “no new ideas”
>nintendo then proceeds to rehash return to dreamland 3 times

Attached: CHOOOWDAH.png (640x699, 427K)

Well yeah, if the game turns out shit people are gonna shit on it. Is that too much for you?

No more "you got boost power!" and "ah the final lap!" for us lads.

>if the game turns out shit
congratulations on missing the point, nigger

>rehashes nsmb literally 6 times
4 times
Across about 10 years

nsmb
nsmb wii
nsmb 2
nsmb wiiu
super luigi wiiu
nsmb deluxe

Do you think Nintendo would be better off without Miyamoto? Obviously he has done great things for the company and has created great characters and games, but he seems painfully out of touch and nobody at Nintendo seems to disagree with him or if they do are shut out.

It won't make money.
Nintendo is a business.
So is every other video game company.

How hard is that to understand?

What's your stupid point?

Nintendogs made money, yet they haven't made a new one in 8 years

They know they can't do better than Sega did. That's literally the answer.

It will make money because it has Nintendo's name on it. And the Smashbabs will all be like hey that's Captain Falcon's game we gotta play it.

that no matter the game's quality it'll be shitposted because this board always adopt a default cynical position about every new release

Mario sells, F-zero does not, therefor mario gets a pass
2nd party game

They didn't for DMC5, aside from a few dedicated shitposters.

they wouldn't be the ones to do it, this point is retarded

is this segafags way to cope about their company being a sonic factory laughing stock?

Because you fags would complain regardless. F-Zero games sell like shit.

>10 years
>NSMB was out in 2006, NSMB U was out in 2012
It's 6 years, user, and Wii and 2 were an year from each other.

>F-zero does not
They haven't had a game since the Gamecube, how do you know?

Because they cant throw motion control gimmicks at a series that fast. You might think im just shitposting but im serious, Nintendo as a whole is creatively dead without the ability to throw gimmicks at their games.

Think about it, yknow im right

Because historically it has not given Nintendo that much money.

5 if you count Luigi U

>They haven't had a game since the Gamecube
The fact that you think that proves him right

>all these people saying because it didn't make Nintendo money
>meanwhile they sent out Star Fox to die three times

>It will make money because it has Nintendo's name on it
It's funny that people still say this when there are a bunch of poor selling games made by them.

Oh I'm sorry, Gameboy Advance, because mediocre handheld spinoffs should totally be taken seriously as main-series entries and have the profitability of the series be judged on them.

>what is F-Zero Climax

It all comes down to Miyamoto. Miyamoto fucking loved Star Fox. I genuinely think Nintendo may have a resurgence once he either A: croaks or B: retires.

Because DMC5 revived a series that ended on a low note, and wholely lived up to expectations. New F-Zero is almost Half-Life 3 tier hyped up, and GX is both good and hard to obtain due to being stuck on Gamecube, if new one is worse people will bash them for not porting GX.

Still Gamecube gen. That's ancient.

>if new one is worse
Whoa hold on there user, you said that wasn't the point.

>Nintendo as a whole is creatively dead without the ability to throw gimmicks at their games
>Nintendo
More like Miyamoto, he's the only old fart. Otherwise, Nintendo is full of new talent that whanto shine and get recognized but constantly get shit down by him, like what was appening to the Splatoon team before they ignored what Miyamoto told them and continued to develop their game regardless of him.
On the big names, Aonuma is still rocking, for example.

also remember, Gamefreak is no t a Nintendo software house, they are indipendent, they just develop Pokemon as third party exclusives, but they develop games for other consoles at the same times that they dont even release on Nintendo ones. So pointing at how garbage GF is is not a point against Nintendo.

Okay, it hasn't had a game since 2004. Now what?

star fox 64 sold far more than any fzero game

>mediocre handheld spinoffs
You faggots can't be satisfied, they were as good as the first game and Sattela View versions. The GBA was an immensely popular system and they made games for it.

They only have one dev team in the house that can make it justice, and that team is stuck making Animal fucking Crossing.

You're grasping at straws. People want GX, not the SNES game.

It had a chance to sell. GX barely outsold fucking Kirby Air Ride, a game where only 1/3 can be considered good

A new F-Zero game would sell a lot better thanks to Captain Falcon's popularity in memes and Smash

Do you think a new Kirby Air Ride wouldn't sell either?

>WAHHH WE NEED MORE REHASHES AND SEQUELS

GX is in my top ten games, but I’m fine with it being the grand finale of fzero. It’s a great note for the series to end on and I’m glad they don’t want to make a sequel if they don’t think it will surpass it. God forbid there just be a good game or series that ends well.

An enhanced port would be nice if they dont fuck it up. But beyond that I’m a-okay with just letting fzero rest, and I can guaruntee I put more time into the game than most of Yea Forums did.

No, no I do not. And I'm a Kirbyfag. Mario Kart has too much pull on people who want a cartoony racing game

And online

This post is a great example of Yea Forums‘s warped views. If a game gets popular here anons often confuse that with general popularity. If Yea Forums‘s opinion mattered for shit pikmin would be one of nintendo’s tentpole franchises, but the reality is lots of games popular on Yea Forums don’t sell large numbers.

F-Zero was often used as a hardware pusher. Nintendo doesn't have that mindset anymore because they've made under-powered consoles since the last game.

I don't really understand why people think everything Nintendo makes has to sell as much as Mario. It's obviously not the case, considering we just got a new(ish) Metroid game with another one in the works.

F-Zero isn't hyped you fucking retard, it's niche enthusiasts tier at this point.

see

I'm glad it's dead, otherwise they'd have tried to turn it into waifushit

>implying miyamoto won't direct nintendo to make mediocre games from beyond the grave

DMC5 got shittons of shitposts what are you talking about

There was a million times more hype than there was shitposting. Ratio matters.

ATTENTION

What would you gaymers think about a F-Zero game that mashes together Trackmania and GX?

Attached: 13912455_1724311097820906_3194651526938025290_n.png (775x757, 657K)

This exclusive came out like 5 months ago ?

Attached: LittleFriendsDogsCats.jpg (497x803, 81K)

the Fzero team is mostly making Yakuza now. There's nothing to cope, those people at Sega can still make great games.

In what way?

doesnt need to happen, no thanks.
id take a PC version with online but thats not happening.

I don't understand how they can do that but they can't spare a single non-fucktard for Sonic Team.

As much as I'd like to see online, it'd be dead within a month.

only because of sakurai tho. Nintendo doesn't give a fuck

simplest way to put it is to bring the custom crazy stunt maps you see in Trackmania as a base template. I think it's a decent direction to take F-Zero so that it doesn't relate as much to Mario Kart for your average videogame consumer. something over-the-top, where people can share their custom and fast-paced tracks, which has more stunt-focused maneuvering than as already mentioned, Mario Kart.

Not the best fate for a new F-Zero, but something that I think a lot of new players would like. I just want to see Captain Falcon in his own game again, lads :(

Whats the real deal here? Cause we all know that is a pathetic excuse. Is it just because it doesnt sell that well? Thats why they are looking for some gimmick?

My dream f-zero game :
Has the exam same physics as GX
No new dumb gimmicks
Online play with competent netcode
A tracks editor similar to the one found in the n64 expansion pack for X
A machine maker similar to that of the one found in GX
All of the old stages from X and GX imported
A new story mode with the same cheesy voice acting
The ability to share and download machines, replays and tracks similar to smash ultimate's shared content
Online time trial leaderboards and ghosts
This will never happen, and I have long accepted it.

>More like Miyamoto, he's the only old fart. Otherwise, Nintendo is full of new talent that whanto shine and get recognized but constantly get shit down by him, like what was appening to the Splatoon team before they ignored what Miyamoto told them and continued to develop their game regardless of him
What are you talking about here, Splatoon's entire theming and aesthetic as we know it exists because they took advice from Miyamoto after he told them to rework the unappealing rabbit characters they made and came up with the much better Inkling concept that meshed perfectly with the paint shooter gameplay and led to a cool sea life theme.

This is my dream as well, just add in online grand prix mode w/ working rival system.

don''t bother, there's a particular subgroup of autists among nintendo fans who can't conceptualize video game development without using certain individuals as scapegoats

He doesn't "get" the series on any level. And the way people compete in it is against his faggy hippie tendencies.

It's a game that is the near diametric opposite of the type of games Miyamoto thinks are good.

Shiggy-san likes games that feel quirky and whimsical. He likes players to become immersed in a fantasy world, or be challenged within their own small world. He says he makes games for people to receive as birthday presents. When he's designing a game he imagines a small child in their room playing the game after dinner. He makes games that you "play" while playing. He knows that kids will use their imagination to make a game more grandiose than it really is.

This is actually a great design dogma.

BUT

It also means that he has a great dislike for games that that can be mapped out mathematically, or are competitive in the serious sense. He hates "tourneyfags", to put it in the common parlance. People who take the whimsy out of games and try to exploit every single edge they can to win. He's the kind of guy who would never play Smash 1v1 with no items, and would be smug about it if someone complained.

Attached: early90[2].jpg (384x367, 24K)

>it's a niche series and they don't have a dedicated team to develop it, I don't see what's so hard to understand
God I hate these smug yet braindead responses you often find on Yea Forums right now.

>they don't have a dedicated team to develop it
No shit? Like every other fucking game that didn't have a team to develop them until they... PUT TOGETHER A FUCKING TEAM YOU FUCKING IDIOT

Is this the year, bros?

Attached: NOOOOOOOOOOOO DEATHBORN STOP I NEED TO SLEEP TO DEFEAT CAPTAIN FALCON NOOOOOO FORGIVE ME LORD DEATH (1876x1200, 216K)

now that's a meme

Attached: qNxhrIO.png (391x354, 68K)

Sega, Namco, and Nintendo all teaming up to make an F-Zero game is a good ending for the series

but in my heart i want that sequel

>>Is it because Miyamoto was mad at Sega for making a better F-Zero game than he did, so he punished everyone?
yes

Before blaming Miyamoto for killing F-Zero can you give him some credit for inventing it in the first place?

Both GX and Pikmin 1-3 were handicapped by being released on some of Nintendo's worst performing hardware though.

Thats what so weird to me. Like Miyamoto says something; he is the entirely the reason why this game sucked. I mean Tanabe is the bigger problem based on his track record, but people always forget or ignore that.

It's not fair

Attached: Falcon about to BFTO Flatcina.png (718x623, 496K)

Will falcon forever be nothing more than a smash meme character?

Attached: Falcon sad.png (1280x720, 725K)

Thank Smash Bros. and Mario Kart for appropriating any new ideas Nintendo might have had for its main character and anti-grav gimmicks, respectively.

I just want and hd release of gx. Maybe throw in online. If not, I'd be totally fine with just an hd release with nothing changing

How would everyone legitimately feel about a Captain Falcon beat 'em up?

>new F-Zero comes out
>it's a graphical and performance downgrade from GX
>p2p online, can't play with friends, just randoms
>lots of previous characters are cut
>gameplay is dumbed down to appeal filthy casuals
>tries to meme smash secondaries to buy the game

>>it's a graphical and performance downgrade from GX
Are you a moron?
A graphic downgrade from a 15 year old 480p Gamecube game?

Attached: 1485351389-601529165[1].jpg (640x480, 146K)

Framerate cut.

Like they cut the framerate in Mario Kart, right?
Fuck, F-Zero on N64 ran at 60fps and most of its games were lucky to get past 20

Attached: 1200px-MK8-DLC-Course-MuteCity-section[1].jpg (1200x675, 170K)

>his car is meant to be called Dark Reaper
>but japs don't know German so now it's called Dark Tailor
I should probably go to a draw thread with this...

Play on Dolphin my dude.

Not that user, but it will forever feel worse because of the baked in Switch input delay of 6 frames. I played vidya on a CRT again recently after a long as fuck time of not playing on one and I was floored by how much more responsive everything felt. I thought people were just overplaying it. Nope. Current gen stuff (PC aside) feels like dogshit.

nintendo hates games that require actual skill

>>doesnt want to bring it back because “no new ideas”
>>rehashes mario kart literally 8 times while stealing ideas from F-zero to keep it not-stale

The anti-grav shit in MK8 still pisses me off it showed me they really just dont give a shit about F-Zero anymore.

Attached: 1555595842269.jpg (460x408, 27K)