I've seen malicious vrchat clients and avatars but I only know of the ones that crash vrchat...

I've seen malicious vrchat clients and avatars but I only know of the ones that crash vrchat, steal avatars and crash people's PC.

I just heard that it was possible to permanently destroy someone's GPU or VR headset with a client or avatar.

Is this true?

Attached: th.jpg (474x474, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2019/digital/news/oculus-quest-sold-out-1203227173/
techradar.com/news/television/panasonic-sells-out-us-3d-tv-allotment-in-a-week-677600
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

You're gullible

Why not? I heard it from a player who uses clients and crashers themselves

Attached: Nip VR.webm (960x540, 2.64M)

Is this a stealth VRChat lewd thread?
You've been fooled. He's a script kiddy telling you that because he either A) Doesn't get how it works himself or B) wants to see if you would actually believe that a video game can destroy your VR headset.

Attached: il_570xN.610668128_e890.jpg (570x467, 62K)

VR is a meme gimmick fad that is already over.

>VR is a meme gimmick fad that is already over.
suuuurrreee it is variety.com/2019/digital/news/oculus-quest-sold-out-1203227173/

techradar.com/news/television/panasonic-sells-out-us-3d-tv-allotment-in-a-week-677600
>3DTV also sold out
jea, i'm sure

Attached: 1559171141876.png (613x855, 421K)

I mean, to get a client to run malicious code is a feat in itself. Governments employ teams of people to find ways to run malicious code, But to say that it's possible to run arbitrary code AND destroy a gpu or cpu? like...what country or multibillion dollar business is going to spring for that? "Sir, I found a way to circumvent network encryption so we can spy on our target without detection." "That's great, and what have you done employee number 321254?" "I've made a piece of code embed itself in a 3d model/ textures to take advantage of this one 0 day, in THIS specific client of THIS specific game engine with THIS patch" "oh what does it do?" "it bassically makes the computer unusable" "your fired"

Damn we Snow Crash now?
Good book desu. Schlok, complete fucking schlok, but fun.

The difference is that one was all hype and no support (3dtv) and the other one has hype and support. If the laziest developers on Earth, Valve, are working on hardware AND software, it's likely going to take off as a mainstream product. Mark my words, the next "big thing" will be a high profile creative team pushing for a cool VR game.

This does sound like a really funny prank if someone figured out how to do it in VR.
>YOU DIE IN THE GAME YOUR COMPUTER DIES IN REAL LIFE

I've been blue screened before, though. Was it just a temporary effect? Or a shader that made it look like I blue screened?

if your computer bluescreened you wouldn't see it in the headset.

Snowcrash???

Don't look in the scroll OP. I know it's funny when a garbage cheap anime slutvatar tries to seduce you but don't look at the fucking scroll whatever you do

Its been a while so I don't remember for sure

I think the headset froze, then saw it on my screen.

My niggas
Diamond Age and to a lesser extent Anathem were kino too

Attached: yt__snow_crash_movie_by_ariokh-d5xz11m.jpg (786x1017, 114K)

I don't know if it's the next big thing but it's getting there. Progress on VR has been steady and now there is a standalone wireless VR headset. I agree it's not a fad.

>I was Blue Screened
I have no idea what this means. If your operating system is windows 10, its blue screen looks like this.
Windows 7 looks like what you would expect it to look like.

Blue screens are, by definition, temporary because that's your OS stopping to PREVENT damage to your computer, exactly as it says on the screen. A restart fixes it immediately if it's not the result of preexisting conflicts which remain after power-on.
tl;dr I think someone was just fucking with you

Attached: bsodwindows10.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 63K)

No, that's just your computer being shit.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

He probably is mistaking something like seizure flashing/gore flashing as "crashing"

You might, actually. The headset is seen as a monitor by the GPU and it could automatically be used like one in some situations. Would look weird as fuck in the headset though.

Also unless you remember what it was telling you; it could have been any of a dozen things that had nothing to do with VRChat

No he's right. AAA hasn't gone into VR because they don't want to dump millions in an experimental technology. But there are multiple small studios that are developing some strong demos and proof-of-concept for VR titles and it's just a matter of time until a big one gets greenlighted.

>"VR is a fad that's already over" says increasingly nervous man for the 1158th time since 2016

IT's possible to cause the game to crash if you exploit a known bug. but that's just unity being shit.

I didn't have the game on fullscreen, so I don't know how the blue screen became fullscreen when it happened. I also couldn't alt f4 out of it.

It could be. My PC keeps shutting down a few minutes after every time I start it up

I just want to fuck foxgirls, is that wrong?

Attached: the_future_is_now.webm (1348x728, 2.87M)

watching vr chat meme videos brings a tear to my eye. its basically how Yea Forums use to be before the jews took over. Just abunch of dumb kids doing dumb kid stuff and anime tiddies... i want to go back, bros.

>It could be. My PC keeps shutting down a few minutes after every time I start it up
This is a far, far more worrying issue than some skiddie making your computer crash.
Like, shutting down how? Details. When did it start? How does it happen? What is your hardware?

Who says we can't?

Attached: immersive.webm (1920x1080, 2.39M)

I agree, but now they got to VRChat, too.
Soon enough anime tiddies will be banned from there and it will become another extension of reddit.

>try a vive after years of skepticism
>feel the power of TECHNOLOGY for the first time in years
>a new PC and a VR headset are both expensive as fuck

Attached: 1544637954395.png (449x449, 377K)

>that file name
The future is not now, voice changer technology sucks and when you kiss someone, you're kissing thin air in real life, nothing is felt on your lips. That's literally just an act.

>that enormous anime girl sitting in the background
never noticed before

It started about 1 year after I built my PC.
If ever I turn on my PC after a good few hours, it will randomly shut down after a few minutes. I have to restart my wifi adapter in order to reconnect with the internet

>banning anime tiddies

and then suddenly, for no reason at all, hitler was voted into power.

I know there's no tactile sensation but the brain plays some serious tricks on you in VR. It literally feels like things in the environment are actually there and you have to maneuver around them even though it's just air, and you experience momentary panic when something comes flying towards where your body is

Shut down immediately or bluescreen? Do you hear any noises coming from any fans or moving parts inside the computer that weren't there before?

This.
Maybe they're not there, but the sensation of their touch is 100% real. Look up studies done on phantom limbs and you can see that the brain can convince itself of just about anything

How do I know you've never used VR?

It shuts down as if I pulled the power cord and then restarts. Sometimes the fan will run at max speed when I start it up for the first time in a while and the computer won't turn off or sleep until it slows down

Someone can touch between your eyes in VR and you will feel it

Shit like that is already real, you just have to lucid dream it. Of course you probably have to have a very firm grasp of lucid dreaming and a good imagination to do it

Thank you. I almost bought the 1,000$+tax index combo, otherwise I would have realized what your post said after already having opened it.

just buy it, user. they want you to

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

Okay, without being there, seeing this, or having any idea of how you built your PC: this sounds like you have a heating problem. You built your PC, right? Check temperatures. Get open hardware monitor, turn on all logging and wait until this happens again

80 degrees C is high for gaming. 90 degrees C is getting way too hot and 100 C is generally the temperature the CPU decides "Yep, fuck it, too hot, time to take a nap" and immediately shuts the computer off

Your motherboard probably has cooling measures in place to where it will not let the computer shut off if it's above a certain temperature because powering off the CPU also powers off the things cooling the CPU, which may be disastrous if the CPU is still hot and has no way to vent that heat if the fan turns off.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you either didn't apply thermal paste correctly a long time ago, the stuff you bought was bad, or that it just happened to dry up in the year or so you built your PC.

Second thing to check, but way less likely, is your power supply. Power turning off immediately is many times related to your power supply deciding that it can't handle it anymore and shutting off. The only way I can tell the difference between the two sitting from here is finding out if the CPU fan is the one that's overrunning itself or if the power supply fan is doing it. That you'll have to test for.

Until then, open hardware monitor, max temperature logging, and listen for which fans run the loudest. If it's your CPU, take off the heatsink and re-apply thermal paste, the good kind, the kind that costs 20 bucks because yes it is worth it.

Attached: overheated_processor.jpg (1306x980, 529K)

I'm terrified of lucid dreams because I've heard they can turn to sleep paralysis on a dime.

Also go to /g/ and find the stupid questions thread and tell them your CPU/motherboard/chipset temperature with "Is this too hot?" once you find out what it is since I won't be in this thread after it disappears

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

The gains outweigh the risks by a lot, anyway.
You can be a god user