You ever have that one game from your childhood or adulthood that deeply resonates with you...

You ever have that one game from your childhood or adulthood that deeply resonates with you? Something that you always want to go back to, something to look forward to after a long day, even if you've beaten it before? Something that brings joy, that makes you truly happy?

Attached: A day without dc3 is a day of suffering.jpg (3210x2144, 4M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IVmukUIUqeY
youtube.com/watch?v=_366fjO5iMc
youtube.com/watch?v=fz-Sstui9yc
youtu.be/ji71k70CYOE
youtube.com/watch?v=0buoXfDneWI
youtube.com/watch?v=h7rQ4yJLpVg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You posted it

Same.

OOOON MY OWN~ I CAN RIDE THE WINDS OF CHANGE~ TO HEAL A BROKEN HEART~ A BROKEN.....WOOOOOOOOORRRRLLD~

Attached: 1553574632955.png (656x755, 39K)

IN THE DARK, A CANDLE IS THE SUUUUUUN~ TO GUIDE OUR WAY BACK HOOOOOME~

Attached: 1530381134488.jpg (400x400, 11K)

I remember renting this game and thinking it was pretty good but a bit repetitive. I never beat it. It looks like such a wholesome whimsical game.

I wish the ps4 port wasn't dog shit.

It's awful that they didn't fix that dungeon exit glitch.

>mfw TO PIEEERRRCE THE SKYYYYY-YYYYY

Attached: Untitled.png (574x432, 396K)

good taste, here are mine:

Super Mario Land 2
Warioland 3
Golden Sun
The Warriors (ps2)

THIS TIMELESS JOUUUURRNEYY, FAAAAR FROM HOME~

I GAVE IT ALL UP, TO MAKE A CHANGE~

Attached: 1553574527688.gif (528x555, 816K)

IT'S A DREAM
IT'S A HOPE
THAT ONE DAY WE'LL BE FREE

Attached: 8ce.jpg (680x698, 37K)

ONLY THE STROOOONG ONES, CAN STAND THE TEEEEEEST OF TIME~ CAUGHT IN BETWEEN THESE TWO WORLD, FINDING OUR WAAAYYY~

Attached: 1533685180662.jpg (638x629, 186K)

I never played this, does it hold up if you don't have any nostalgia? Not criticizing, just wondering.

Absolutely

youtube.com/watch?v=IVmukUIUqeY

Just close your eyes and let the comfy roll over you

Attached: Comfy time.jpg (320x320, 16K)

not sure, I haven't played it in years

I still don’t know why I loved this game so much when I can’t stand dungeon crawlers

Depends on how much you like older games in general. Its combat is pretty basic and straightforward, it hooks you on A. evolving your weapons and making your own weapons/items/towns, and B. having a lot of fun minigame stuff mixed in as you go each level in a dungeon like fishing and golf. The atmosphere itself is very very comfortable, I'd say it really tickles the inner child by itself in how it's set up on the whole.

When the rock golum dude waves “hi” at you during the song ;_;

This music doesn't fully encapsulate the frustration of having your spheda ball fall into lava/water/any of the bullshit on the sides of half the level hallways.

>Missing pictures during boss fights

Delete both of these

absolutely, but I just have a strong autism with weapon stats and stats in general (as well as visually evolving weapons)

youtube.com/watch?v=_366fjO5iMc

Attached: kh_destiny_islands.jpg (940x529, 167K)

rayman 3

youtube.com/watch?v=fz-Sstui9yc

Attached: 4378f22519eebdaab157d2eb1aa396b12b4c8122_hq.jpg (1024x771, 90K)

based

Yeah. Space Cadet pinball

what should i play this weekend Yea Forums

Attached: CECCD9CF-3B91-4CA5-8BB1-DAD242252666.jpg (1024x1808, 673K)

>tfw trying to please this bitch

Attached: Mena.JPG.jpg (129x307, 8K)

Shadow the Hedgehog

Real answer Thousand Year Door

Attached: 220px-Shinobi_III_-_Return_of_the_Ninja_Master_Coverart.png (220x308, 135K)

Pokemon Channel

>star fox
this is a game that has eluded me in my childhood. I know the voice acting is balls to the walls cringe but I NEED to beat this shit once and for all

Even though objectively Dark Cloud 2 is a much better game than Dark Cloud 1, I still prefer the first game because I prefer collecting town parts more than I enjoy putting together inventions.

Also the MC was way better simply because he didn't talk and has a better design.

Attached: 1502677432682.gif (226x224, 182K)

I rather play shadow the hedgehog

LEVEL 5 are true artists, every one of their games is full of care and love. My dream is to play a pokemon game made by them. Or dark cloud 3.

I felt like ni no kuni 2 had some strong dark cloud vibes but it was executed so fucking poorly

>Dat collection
You sir are an absolute Chad

at least the revival project (project return home) is still actively reanimating this dead corpse

oops forgot to post pic

Attached: 220px-EverQuest_Online_Adventures_Frontiers_cover.jpg (220x313, 32K)

It's an autism simulator if that helps. You'll be spending quite a while learning how to minmax weapon upgrades, maximizing town creation, handling item management, and you'll be up to your ears in golf and fishing. And any veteran who's played the game will tell you right now that "photography" plays a huge part.

I'm a guy who normally hates JRPG-styled games and I'm not the biggest fan of dungeon crawlers, but I've sunk about 500 hours into this game. It's addicting.

WHAT GOES UP

My absolute fucking niggas. I just started a replay through it last week, choosing gear I've never used. There's still systems and shit I never fully explored. I've come back to this game year after year and I love it as much as I did the first time I played it.

This looks like a faggot game for faggots.

projection

I see way more people say they prefer Dark Cloud 2 more but I always enjoyed the first better

Attached: dark cloud.jpg (1000x653, 318K)

Name a more kino moment than when Max finally narrates, hiding in the sewer, after being chased by Flotsam riding on Nightmare through Palm Brinks.

That guitar settles in and you simply hear

>I'LL TAKE MY CHAAAAAANCES

the upgrading in that game is so godawfully grindy that it kinda hinders what would be a 10/10 for me. I still love it, but it takes FOREVER to either find the right fucking attachments or just grind weaker shit to put into your main weapons

youtu.be/ji71k70CYOE

It might have been a bit more grindy but I enjoyed the challenge that surviving floors when under geared provided. You didn't really have to worry too much about maxing gear if you planned ahead. At least until the post-game dungeon anyway.

Same. Dark Cloud 2 has a very special place in my heart.

Attached: 1398562417608.jpg (1019x784, 236K)

>missable scoops that lead to vital inventions
>FUCKING EVERYWHERE
Nuh uh. As a kid I somehow dealt with the anxiety, but as I got older my autism flared up something fierce with these kinds of unlocks.

Attached: 1548737666741.jpg (640x640, 36K)

This. Fuck Oakleyman.

Attached: download (5).jpg (220x220, 17K)

THE SUN WILL RIIIIIIISE
TO PIECE THE SKYYYYYYYYYS~

Attached: 1240298626533.jpg (250x250, 6K)

i don't even remember the missable scoops leading to anything good, nor 99% of other non-missable shit for that matter since it was mostly robot related and the robot was trash late game. i do however remember the name-change ticket trick being OP as fuck and making the best weapon in the game fairly early on with it.

AND THIS WONDERFUL WORLD
STARTS TO SHINE...

Attached: 1374201001761.jpg (560x451, 69K)

Legit my favorite game.I remember staying home sick from school and experiencing the big twist.Monica in her alternate animal outfit made my pp the big pp.

Good taste,bro.I saw this picture and the sick ass title music instantly came to mind.

My trifecta of comfy

Dark Cloud 2
Brave Fencer Musashi
Megaman Legends

Attached: 1398562902215.jpg (675x483, 211K)

Banjo Tooie
Jade Cocoon 2

Speaking of, any good games that feel like Jade Cocoon 2? Please no Pokémon.

Attached: A04DF3F2-EAE0-4605-999D-B0563C136E5A.jpg (220x312, 18K)

>Jade Cocoon 2
My fucking nigger.

>doing the same floor in the water dungeon over and over again because it's the only one where you can actually buy the key to the backrooms to get guaranteed gems

I beat that game in 40 hours and I swear to god like 10 of them were just in the one dungeon If Dran's Feather wasn't in that game I would not have beaten it

Without a doubt

Attached: mystical-ninja-starring-goemon-n64.jpg (640x444, 73K)

>tfw Rogue Galaxy is one of the worst games ive ever played

It's like it's made by a completely different dev it's so bad

Attached: ps2_rogue_galaxy-110214.jpg (300x300, 28K)

this is legitimately what makes the game 1000x worse for me and why i still overall rank dark cloud 1 as the more enjoyable game.
besides that though, still a great game. just forced to use a fuckin guide to be a photographer every time

Every aspect of this game is burned into my psyche it's a genuine artistic/aesthetic masterpiece

Attached: tumblr_o5ynxd8aha1v9zzzno1_500.gif (500x389, 643K)

Good choice of image, OP.

Why is it so bad? You find out what you missed, you get the picture and then put it in the Photo Album.

>the beginner clubs are easier to use and master, making spheda much easier overall
>"best" evolution spheda clubs are the literal worst and hardest to use
why did they even do this

what do you feel about the remake?

RG starts out so good then gets progressively worse as you play. It's like they couldn't help themselves but add more and more contrived shit with each new planet that eventually it just made the game a complete and utter chore to play.

Attached: 1398558943969.jpg (1920x1080, 570K)

This game's only flaw is its short length.

Attached: MV5BMzBmNDZlZWYtMzE3OC00ODU4LWE5ZGItYTJlYjQyZGE1NTQzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQ2OTk4MzI@._V1_.jpg (256x355, 93K)

Yea the amount of missable photos is miniscule.

Getting every medal on the other hand, no way

It's actually really clear that the developer is the same, because the games are so similar. The differences are enough to make one likable and the other not, but seriously, those games are clearly made by the same people. RG is even made from ideas that were cannibalized from Dark 3, and you can tell.

I play Layton games simply because they remind me of Dark Cloud 2 and yes I'm that desperate. Layton is comfy too though.

Attached: 4538976345.png (1903x799, 2.14M)

>Or dark cloud 3.
never going to happen since snoy co-owns the IP and seemingly has no interest in cooperating with L-5 to make another.

There is permanently missable shit, like boss pictures, that you can't get until you start a new game

I really liked rogue galaxy desu. Not quite as good as dark cloud, but it was still a pretty enjoyable game and comfy

its because same composer

No shit

I played this roughly every year for over a decade.

The very last time I actually stuck with it long enough to finally beat it.

Not the post game though

Not him, but if you can appreciate it as a separate entity, it's very enjoyable with many little touches that make it great. If you're like me and have a huge boner for the ps1 *aesthetic* you might need to do some mental gymnastics to stop saying "why would they change that?" Over and over again.

I both love that stupid hatband as well as the fact that the band is actually visible.

Level 5 really made a lot of my favourite games but why the fuck won't they stop making games with physical collectibles to jew out japanese kids? Like the snack world game have you use the nfc reader on the 3ds to scan toys, or the fucking new unreleased mecha game that has actual cards to scan. Fuck they even made a souless mobile game sequel to Fantasy Life which was one of my new favourite games by Level 5.

I'm actually scared and utterly terrified of beating this game. its such an interwoven part of my childhood that I have this mentality where if I beat it, the fun will end, the memories will be gone and I'll be left with emptiness. Its why I stop playing midway and restart

I like to play through Chrono Cross once a year, try different party combinations and get to know the characters.

The final boss is so fucking hard. It’s absolutely unreal, he’s still in my top 10 for most enraging bosses

sounds like you have anxiety problems that you should probably be medicated for.

To top it off there is a lot of shit going on at level 5. Employees are leaving and their sales are in the pits. The studio is quite literally on it's last legs.

Level 5 haven't actually made anything good in years is why. Their god tier games were all 2000-2006, everything since then besides layton has been relatively ass, wkc was a step down in their rpgs, and ni no kuni was another step down even from wkc.

I feel like RG is so close to being good, but I could never get into it. I never even got close to beating it. There's so much similar, and decent. But even by action rpg standards it was behind its contemporaries and some design decisions are just fucking weird. It felt like a mishmash of ideas, and not good to play.

yeah, their games have some good concepts but will execute them poorly somewhere along the way.

This game.

It's mostly pure silliness, but it's so earnest about it. The superhero thematic, the music, the gameplay and mechanics, I find them all pretty enjoyable.

Another reason it resonated with me the first time I played it is that I had the same age as the MC at the time (I know, sounds stupid).

Attached: ZhpUnlosingRanger.jpg (240x413, 32K)

I do this with almost every JRPG I play. It's not just the fun that will end but the world will cease to exist in my brain. The stories will continue forever as long as I don't beat the big bad.

The music for the sewer is so engrained in my mind from starting over again and again over the last 10+ years of playing this game.

Same. Completing a game is sad, leaves you feeling empty. Sure, you can go back and replay it, but it's never the same, the unknown and wonder are never there even if the game is amazing. Even when replaying games for that matter, I often stop close to the end and just leave it again.

>played timed demo of this hundreds of times before I even understood english
>tried to emulate it again some years ago
>all the magic is still there but I realize how fucking grindy the game is and stop somewhere at the venezia world

For some reason it was so fucking comfy and fun to just do the first level of every dungeon a gorillion times to upgrade my weapons for the next levels.
Dark Cloud 1 feels simpler and straightforward to me.
Dark Cloud 2 has much more shit to take care of it is kinda hard to get back into.

UNDERSTAND, UNDERSTAND

Attached: 8E6361B5-EED9-45DD-A3F9-DFA8E7F08B9C.jpg (718x1011, 184K)

I wasn't that young when I played it, but that game is fucking fantastic.

Are there ANY plans for Dark Cloud 3? Fuck, man both games are great, did they really sell that bad?

Attached: 1461544053280.png (530x520, 66K)

Why doesn't anyone just make a fan sequel reimagining kickstarter like all these other games

I wish Level-5 had any ambitious games planned, period.

Would never be the same, and kickstarting a fan sequel to a series is not a good idea.

I actually dreamt Dark Cloud 3 a while ago and it was really fun. Too bad for you guys never get to play it lmao.

selfish prick.

Fifa street my man these new fifas are ass

Not that you would know but it has a comfy weather system with frequent rain and a brown girl companion.

>I realize how fucking grindy the game is and stop somewhere at the venezia world
You don't need to upgrade your weapons at all, which is where all the grind is desu. Only matters if you're an autist about min maxing and 100%ing things.

Level 5 have said before they'd love to, but it's an ip co-owned by sony so it's entirely down to sony to say that it's okay and allow them to do it. Which they won't, because they'd want it exclusive, meaning they'd then have to fund it, and they probably don't want to fund it because it didn't sell that great upon release it was only afterwards it increased in popularity.

The first game was too bland and grindy. DC2 was bursting at the seams with personality.

My first game I ever got. I would come home from school, crack open a mountain dew and would ride. I would pretend that the racers were my friends and classmates. When I had friends over we would try to jump on the train and hit the tornadoes in free ride. Seeing those mountains in the skybox make me feel so nostalgic

youtube.com/watch?v=0buoXfDneWI

youtube.com/watch?v=h7rQ4yJLpVg

Attached: 146830875.jpg (644x484, 103K)

man this shit was gay