Open minecraft 1.2.5 for nostalgia

>open minecraft 1.2.5 for nostalgia
>see Yea Forums mentioned on the title screen

Oh how Minecraft has changed. Hell even Notch isn't even mentioned on the title screen now.

Attached: minecraft vee.png (1608x687, 344K)

They didn't remove the Yea Forums reference, it's still there.

Never played the game, but I kinda hope the guy is doing better these days. Last I saw, he's just arguing with retarded furries on twitter and posting memes or something. Hope he manages to retire comfortably.

Is there a way to edit back in the Notch references?

Minecrafts gone to shit you dumb zoomers. Notch is a sell out hack. The game went downhill after he sold it

You'd have a point to make about it going downhill if you couldn't easily load up every single version of the game from the launcher.

why even bother

hunger is fun

the magic is gone
you'll never have your first base, you'll never have your first diamonds, and your imagination as a kid has been burned out of your head

Attached: 1556922921053.jpg (484x388, 109K)

Johnny, please end me.

phantoms are shit, traders are shit, anything that added new mobs aside from testificates is shit

Fuck you. Food was a lot better when it simply healed hearts. That's the only reason to keep your hunger maxed anyway.

wish I could but I've got plans of my own

Attached: sudoku.jpg (320x320, 27K)

Why do people complain about hunger? It's piss easy to get food.

Pillage the Village is a legit good update

>Notch gets removed from the splash text
>Yea Forums doesn't

BTFO

Because taking damage and having to wait to recover your HP, to having to wait for your hunger to go down from passively recovering HP, just so you have to eat again to raise your hunger so you start regenerating again is such a fucking pain in the ass.
This complaint usually comes from people who played before hunger was introduced because it was simply less convoluted.

Minecraft blew up that's what happens when you sell out you inexorably become involved in politics

>played the game right after it was released
>played the game just recently
>it's the same but with more things
user stop being a bitch

It's an easy thing to pick out because it's so basic to the game. Personally, I think the problem with Minecraft is not the features they added, but the ones they didn't add

Whatever. I'm still having fun with it.

Attached: mc.png (643x524, 27K)

the problem seems to be that they've added a shitload of things that don't matter to the game and aren't fleshed out enough nor connected to the other aspects of the game. Recently, bamboo and panda bears were added - fucking why? inb4 chinks They need to flesh out the mechanics more and integrate anything new into the game, so it's not adding shit for the sake of adding it.

Attached: sekrit.png (400x669, 267K)

hypnosis my dude.
i've experienced minecraft as a new player like 4 or 5 times now, according to my diary.
whenever the magic is gone in a game I record a self-hypnosis mp3 and hypnotize myself to forget everything about the game.
I've done it with Skyrim and The Sims 3 at least twice each too.

It adds literally nothing besides an inconvenience that drags you away from mining/exploring, the entire purpose of the game. Now you die if you want to stay in a cave too long. And don't tell me it's a tradeoff for sprinting, because you could just as easily add sprinting without hunger. If it needed a limitation, introduce stamina. It's poor game design. Just because it's piss easy to do doesn't mean that I want to do it. Food already existed fine as a health recovery item. But it gets an undue amount of attention because a lot of people here seem to have lost interest in the game at that patch. I heard they added some retarded monster that kills you if you don't sleep often enough, which is basically the same issue.

>I think the problem with Minecraft is not the features they added, but the ones they didn't add
This.
Ever since the Wolves update it became apparent that the game getting popular with 12 year olds caused it to diverge from it's original development plan towards just lazily recoloring a few blocks every 18 months.
We were promised shit like Millenaire-style villages, windmills, Dwarf Fortress-style management but all we got was a couple of half-assed features like mineshafts, stronghold, Testificate villages and shit like potions/enchanting.
Hell it took them 7 years to add 1/4 of the creatures from Mo' Creatures.

It's the classic tale of 40 codemonkeys sitting around an office killing time and """pretending""" to work instead of just making the fucking game. That's why modders are always better; at least modders can crap out a whole bunch of new features and gameplay over a weekend and a pot of coffee.
Codemonkey office drones know if they code too hard, fast or good that they'll get laid off so they purposefully waste as much time as possible. The sooner they finish the sooner they're out of a job, afterall.

liar

>It's the classic tale of 40 codemonkeys sitting around an office killing time and """pretending""" to work instead of just making the fucking game. That's why modders are always better

1000% this. Why the fuck does it take so long for Mojang to shit out these horrendously lacking updates? The new content is absolutely useless and arbitrary to the core of the game.
>new furnace that just smelts ores faster for less XP
>all these stupid mobs like foxes and pandas that don't do anything

meanwhile the world gen still blows, the combat and rpg elements are barren, etc. etc. etc.

the game is just lame once you've quickly learned how to play it; there's nothing to do, nothing to explore, no reason to bother with anything.

>bamboo
bamboo is actually a great addition to the game because you can use them as ladders that don't have to be placed on a wall and all of them will be destroyed once the bottom block is destroyed, all of them are

>minecraft
>a kid

I need to get off this fucking site already, someone help

we're all getting older at the same rate gramps

Attached: truegary.jpg (420x420, 38K)