*command grabs u*

*command grabs u*

Attached: colorswap (1).gif (155x120, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p4wAaQug4HQ
youtu.be/wp6v3Em4HLc
pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/Why-you-have-to-let-weaker-players-win-occassionally_101770/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yea Forums wouldn't know, no one plays fighting games.

Some of us do. You should correct it to 95%.

*crack!*
*ching*
*bap bapapap BAP*
SEICHUZEN GODANZUKI

>implying makotofags actually play FGs instead of waifuposting

Attached: 1548684340800.jpg (1024x576, 60K)

J was greatest Makoto
youtube.com/watch?v=p4wAaQug4HQ

pls gib QT tomboy fg gf

Attached: 1535567418639.gif (412x256, 55K)

I started getting into fighting games and I can't remember the combos or terminology for the life of me. I'm retarded

What if I do play fightan but am bad at them, and don't waifupost

it becomes muscle memory, you shouldn't be thinking too hard about what input comes next.

Command grab is a grab with a special input unlike normal grabs that everyone has.

and are often more powerful and can't be broken like a regular throw

so instead of a regular grab being a one button input a command grab is one where you have to let's say do a few directional inputs too to do the grab?
thanks I just need to practice more. I just blank when I get into an online match.

Yeah but most command grabs have more complicated inputs like a 360

>I just blank when I get into an online match
It might help to think of it less as a match and more of practice. Focus on a few things and don't worry so much about winning or trying to do it all.

>dies and fails because he's the worst character in the game even with 3 taunts slow as shit garbage moveset trash

Attached: latest.jpg (1600x1600, 150K)

I wish the Remaster was on PS4 or PC. The Anniversary Edition and Fightcade fucking suck in comparison.

Attached: 1522573516411.jpg (437x478, 46K)

Worst characters are sean and 12. Q isnt as bad as you think.

>tfw chun main

Attached: hoyokusen.gif (336x138, 142K)

Thank you both I appreciate it.

I don't know much about Third Strike, but didn't Kuroda win like a shitton of tournament playing Q?

what's his name, Yea Forums?

Japanese and Koreans are genetically superior at fighting games.

He never won any tournaments with Q I believe. I think he won many matches, but not actually any full tournament. And he's the best.

kuroda has pedophiliac superpowers he wins with everything because he nolifed the game so hard it turned him into a depressed mess.

gimme more gifs plz

Attached: 1556704313409.png (611x691, 881K)

What exactly is causing the damage during that command grab? The animation implies she's grabbing them by the collar, but then you get that weird cracking sound for some reason

pretty sure the 3S is on the ps4, check the store. i remember telling my cousin to just fucking buy it instead of making me borrow the anny collection from my roommate

Attached: 1547902971316.gif (200x200, 213K)

Kuroda was using Q in coop cup
youtu.be/wp6v3Em4HLc
Apparently he can't enjoy the game when he uses better characters because the game becomed way too easy for him.

She's snapping their neck

Then what, Q is even worse than Sean and Twelve from his point of view?

It's on PS4 but only through PS Now. That's probably the worst way to play a fighting game is streaming it

lol no

Attached: uroda tiers.jpg (576x1024, 86K)

He doesnt like sean and twelve as much as Q. Also Q fits his playstyle

What does this mean I don't read jap
are those match ups?
If he's seriously putting Q as having an advantage over makoto he's just retarded

Is G really Q, Yea Forums?

*forces you to block for 15 seconds*

Attached: UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe_Late[st]_20180327171103.png (416x521, 118K)

0IQ

fuck this character
what do you even do against her
I understand Seth and Yuzu are probably better but none of them confuse me as much as Wagner

So help put me on the path to getting some then.

use ur brain user. you can figure out who is who by looking at the top.

He's saying q vs makoto matchup is 4:6 in makoto's favor

Thanks. So that also means he believes Q has a slight advantage over Twelve (expected), Sean (expected) and Remy? Whilst mostly being on equal grounds to others?

Interesting. Funny how pretty much everyone seems to disagree.

I'm just showing kurodas tier list. he puts Q way stronger than 12/sean. just not strong. his yun/mak ratings are controversial.

She has basic blockstrings and a highly punishable overhead.

Either wait to punish her overhead or get GRD so you can punish any longer recovery attacks with CS.

If she jumps in on you in the corner that's a free anti air. I still struggle against the gorilla pressure sometimes though even if it's relatively easy to block due to my impatience to get out of blocking.

>want to learn Q
>get my shit beaten by online warriors
>come back to Akuma
>still get beat by average players
Jesus Christ not even my Aspergers is enough to learn charge characters and glass cannons

God damn Blazblue designs are so fucking terrible.

What the hell is that pose?

Attached: 1374647826880.gif (384x288, 928K)

Her overhead usually fucks me up pretty hard but I'll keep at it. Wasn't actually expecting a response, thanks, user

How can you not be good at fighting games?

Attached: doghadouken.webm (1280x720, 1.61M)

Q played with max defense strat is a hard fight for any of the cast. Q doesn't have to engage first since he has more health and when they approach he can parry and punish or command grab for shit ton of damage. Also his taunt is like the best taunt in the whole game.

Not like being better than Sean or 12 is an accomplishment. Those 2 characters are awful.

*hit grabs you*

Attached: 1546141094808.gif (368x209, 485K)

Attached: tumblr_inline_o4p8pzIOdg1ri065t_500.gif (240x240, 94K)

12 is a bit better than Sean. His kit at least doesn't overlap with anyone else's the way Sean's does. There's literally no reason to play Sean unless you want to dunk on scrubs wearing the pink gi which gets old after a while.

someone fight me in fightcade holy shit

Q isn't very bad, he's classed with hugo and alex. He has the power and stamina to steal games with a couple good reads, unlike characters like sean,remy,twelve etc who need to outplay the opponent the entire round.

I'm really surprised he put the Chun matchup as a fucking 8-2 but kuroda is autistic. He at least knows the "makoto Q matchup is 9-1" is a meme. Q Is at a disadvantage to pretty much all decent characters matchup wise, but it's mostly just 6-4s. He's also easy to use making him good for low/mid level play.

I started playing 3rd Strike last week and having been practicing for hours every day. There is so freaking much to learn, but it's a blast. I'm working as hard as I can on super cancels right now, the input speed required is daunting.

Attached: Street Fighter III_ 3rd Strike.jpg (600x826, 313K)

It's a stance, not a neutral pose.

Lmao sean is way better than 12. He actually has useful stuff in his toolkit like cl.hk and all his supers are great

No probs man. Once you get a feel for the animation I think you'll be able to sweep it or block accordingly.

Best of luck out there and join the Yea Forums lobbies if you haven't already. They helped me tons in getting better at the game.

on paper some people think sean is better, but in practice twelve is way better because people don't know how to deal with his gimmicks. Twelve has a legitimately good run away game and comes out on top in most exchanges, he just has no way to do any damage. He can't even cancel into super reliably. His best damage comes off a single throw.

If ur having trouble getting the inputs in you should try pianoing ur inputs

Yea Forums lobbies are unfortunately too late for me to join reliably, but occasionally I check the archive to see if I can gleam any information from the discussion.

>rolls at you

Attached: Aganos_-_The_Forgotten_Grotto.png (1920x1080, 2.47M)

sean cl.hk isn't even good, way too much recovery time, can't hit confirm from it, all you get is a decent meaty. none of seans supers are good. Sean is just a really shitty shoto. He can't even do jump in combos 99% of the time. He's nothing but parry poke super and tick throws.

How do I learn to play charge characters? I usually just play shotos and I can't wrap my mind around hiding your charges

Attached: 1522577803624.png (320x320, 100K)

>I can't wrap my mind around hiding your charges
learn2partition. They should assume you pretty much always have a charge so it only matters if you do a charge move not when you can.

>09ers shit on SFV for derailment and touch of death
>meanwhile Makoto is a fan favorite

Attached: 1559243685270.gif (640x266, 3.26M)

I'd let her command grab my dick if you know what I mean

Attached: 1557452876540.jpg (448x448, 22K)

What exactly makes Sean/Twelve worse than Q? Q is like, the slowest character, has pretty much no good moves, almost no combo ability with the only move capable of starting a combo being the close medium kick and fucking nothing else, and it's not like he does more damage to compensate or anything like that. Half his moves are just weird and useless (nice back fierce kick dude, falling flat on your fucking face doing it), and while he does have a good taunt, it's a taunt, and is only really worthwhile if you can pull 3 of them off early, which no good player will let you do.

I know 12 has shit damage and sean has an apparently bad moveset as well, but they still have speed and combos and stuff while Q is just a slow piece of trash. How are they better than him?

SF5 doesn't have any TODs. wtf do you even mean by "derailment" you false flagger

Sorry to hear. Hope you've been able to get some good stuff through the archives. Some people also have live streams Archives for both platforms streamed every now and then too.

Too slow, now watch this.

Attached: lol 1 frame.png (92x122, 3K)

His cl.hk does good damage, beats most wakeup options, and you can definitely hit confirm with it since you can cancel it with specials and supers. You can fish for parry attempts with cl.hk and when they do parry the cl.hk you can punish them by canceling into super or ex dp. And all of sean's supers are better than 12's and have good utility. Sean can actually deal damage when 12 can't.

I always play them as characters who shoot a charge attack after a hit confirm or a few hits into a hit confirm. That or play the hard read game until I have the opponent in the corner to keep them guessing when I'll use the charge attacks. t. Honda player in SF2.

I'm trying to learn May in GG but I think I'll have to learn the game mechanics first before I actually make decent progress with her.

You don't know how Q actually works.
>and it's not like he does more damage to compensate
Q gets great damage off a command grab, and can get great damage from jumps ins, reversal supers as well. He doesn't need another cancelable normal outside close MK, even his slaps give him oki. His kara throw and throw invincibility is great for stopping pressure. His only weakness is a bunch of junk normals and slow movement,

> but they still have speed and combos and stuff
no they fucking don't. Q has better combos than either of them. Sean isn't fast either, his key normals are shit versions of shotos that lose to everything. sean can't even get a fucking jump in combo unless he lands stupid deep.
>nice back fierce kick dude, falling flat on your fucking face doing it
you can cancel back FK into his taunt.
>and is only really worthwhile if you can pull 3 of them off early, which no good player will let you do
He has setups where you can taunt safely, and it's often worth it to just tank the hit to get the taunt off.

Learn to buffer.

You will be surprised with how many shit you can link a flashkick or sonic boom.

J's Makoto is the entire reason I got into 3S.

God I wish

Attached: 4567-55ln1.png (343x179, 61K)

reminder Makotos SA2 TOD is a meme and only tominaga is dangerous with it, because the entire gameplan revolves around landing it despite everyone knowing exactly how to counter it by just staying out of the corner. Her SA1 is the more consistent choice. You are pretty much never able to pull off TOD in round 1 due to meter and need to refrain from using maks excellent EX moves.

Maks SA1 is secretly retarded, it can punish kens Crouch medium kick on block.

>by just staying out of the corner.

Good luck with that, corners aren't exactly easy to avoid

>an unstoppable force vs an immovable object

mak has to be the one in the corner, doesn't matter if she pushes you in there. Mak isn't good at getting in unless you are just mashing pokes she can dash in and command grab you to punish anyway.

Tomboys are so shitty lmao.

yes

>implying a female would touch me
Checkmate fag.

*knocks you down and sets dolphin*

Attached: 1547641086884.png (787x600, 164K)

you can still do it half screen from the corner, a single backthrow or dash under sets you up.

Or shit if you are away from the corner, after she gets a single command grab she'll pressure you to the corner and switch sides, even better if you're panicking from the near stun

even better is if she's fighting Yun since inevitably he'll go full CC and push you to the corner himself, shit chun and ken might do it off their super art thinking of it.

Cornering mak is a pretty common affair

The point of tombys is breaking them into total girly girl dependency though the raw and unlimited power of your cock. Dicklits like yourself wouldn't understand.

I'm JuliusEvola on fightcade if anyone wants to play. Got 21 hours of playtime for an estimate of how good/bad I am.

*knocks you down and sets house*

Attached: GGXRD-R_JackO_GhostSet.png (1051x970, 206K)

what games do you play?
also you can ask for games on vg/fgg/ friendo

Attached: 1520287256347.gif (192x256, 47K)

AHHH YES PLEASE MAKOTO CHOKE ME

>working on school for most of the summer everyday
>today decide to only play fighting games and read some Julius Evola today
>click on first fighting game thread and scroll to bottom
>its this post
telepathy?

this is a third strike thread

You're scum

Literally what's the point of picking any character other than chun-li? She's so much better than everyone else. Like, what benefit would a character like Q have over her? Why wouldn't you just pick her for every tournament?

Wish I felt like hooking up my PS3 to get some good games going. The 30thcollection on switch is absolutely dead

Attached: SeichusenGodanzuki.gif (163x128, 192K)

What are you playing it on?

The game becomes boring if you just play the same character over and over. It also provides an advantage in IRL matches where not picking chun li prevents you from getting beat up in the parking lot

>Literally what's the point of picking any character other than chun-li?
Chun is boring and plays weird (you need to be good enough to use SGGK, karathrows, hitconfirms etc, she has no real combos) And the tier list isn't the same for low/mid level play which is where the vast majority of people will end up.
>Why wouldn't you just pick her for every tournament?
she's advantage in every watchup so everyone studies how to deal with her in tournament and have all kinds of tech.

theres one, maybe two makoto players on the entire planet who can reliably do 3s TOD combos if you don't count the akuma one

She's really fucking boring

Attached: IMG_1351.gif (274x127, 78K)

>that horizontal pixel sizing
yuck

>no s.hp -> hayate -> super link

suboptimal

post mains boys

Attached: fg chars.png (1398x709, 1.9M)

Sauce?

hardly does any more damage, only worth going for the link if it will kill or stun. The scaling is too much, it's much better to just get gud and learn to hit confirm stand MP and cr.MK directly into super 1.

Often better to just do the standard ex hayate or even hayate if it won't kill because you get a better set up after it.

Makoto is my wife!

Attached: 42_fcu13hyeia.jpg (963x949, 111K)

>*Makoto command grabs you*
>*She puts her feet on your face"
>"Lick them"

Attached: 1558942483565.png (275x213, 86K)

Mak can TOD remy and necro without a kara karakusa as well. Pretty sure she can technically kill pretty much everyone with a full taunt before hand.

>Q command grabs you
>He puts his boots on your face
>"HMMM"

Stop. Makoto is a little girl. This is not okay

What's the point in breathing? You're going to die anyway

>theres one, maybe two makoto players on the entire planet who can reliably do 3s TOD combos if you don't count the akuma one
you couldn't be more wrong, most competent makoto players can do the sa2 tod's quite easily, the hard one is on chun

snap the condom on

Attached: (yunsa3).gif (96x122, 45K)

this is literally the most retarded character ever created in a fighting game, and that's saying something in the clownfest that is guilty gear

Makoto is my cute tomboy wife! I'm going to marry her!

Attached: c4050987f3935fdfc5ea33365c46c821.jpg (1151x1353, 110K)

animated tekken movie im pretty sure

>makes your life a living hell

Attached: FaroffBeautifulBarb.webm (600x336, 1.86M)

Chuns isn't hard, it's just new and inconsistent and recent tech made it easier. Landing the TOD isn't the problem it's being able to set it up and get it 99/100 times. Most people good at it still drop it like 1/10. The vast majority of makotos are better off using SA1.

How did Kuroda do it? How did he manage to beat so many great players with one of the worst characters in the game?

Is it really possible to be just THAT much better than literally everyone else?

Attached: c38a2a7509d14827784dc9d93bb70dc5.jpg (800x1350, 87K)

A+Chun,Yun
A Ken
A- Makoto
B+ Oro,Dudley,Yang,Akuma
B Urien, Ryu
B- Ibuki
C+ Necro, Elena
C Q,Hugo,Alex
C-remy
D- Twelve,Sean

Kuroda isn't impressive because of his Q but because he can play almost every character at a high level. He mostly stomps in casuals and isn't too special in tournaments though.

>That feeling you didn't played any SF game but you fapped alot to SF girls because of being a fucking footfag.

Attached: 322312313332323232322323323232323.jpg (800x802, 119K)

I do, I play Jump Force everyday.

Damn, is Ryu actually considered to be better than Ibuki?

Attached: 1537973550513.png (463x426, 375K)

bros I have a 3s confession to make
I prefer the OE version of the sean/oro stage theme and hugo stage theme

Attached: 1538032455154.gif (100x76, 26K)

Gotta remember they were trying to tone her down for 3S. She was pretty crazy in 2I.

B- is a bit generous for ibuki, usually she's put under Elena and Necro. she's been doing well recently and people are realizing how to use her normals and walkspeed more effectively.

Ryu is strong. Denjin ryu is very legit.

I'm probably dumb, but what's the context of this image? Like, who kicked who? I must decode this.

I prefer the arcade version of Killing Moon to the arranged version.

Elena kicked Makoto. Look at the dust trail coming from her heel.

Dude, it's obvious. Makoto tries to kick Elena, and Elena brought her leg down and hit Makoto instead. Now she's smiling about catching Makoto's attack, and Makoto is surprised that Elena got her.

it looks like elena is doing her lynx tail special move. Makoto isn't doing any move she actually has. The image implies elena trapped makotos foot as she was attacking or trying to jump away and makoto is surprised.

What's confusing me is the dust trail. Why is the trail coming from the left side in a full 180 if it's the right leg that's doing a counter to the other girl's left leg? She would've had to been standing at an odd angle to begin with, and if she was that means the other girl had no reason to kick there.

denjin is really good
makoto being worse than ken is really suspect tho

I think I see where you're coming from, but that trail is just a sort of shockwave from the foot coming down. It doesn't mean she necessarily came from that direction. I think it's implied that Elena dodged Makoto's kick by falling backwards, bracing herself with her arm, and then slamming her leg down on Makoto, hence the dust trail.

When I think about it as a shockwave instead of a trail, it does make more sense. Thank you, user.

All G my dude.

This should help you.

Attached: LynxTail.gif (296x178, 76K)

Not at all, Makoto even being in the same level as ken is very recent and mostly due to TOD overhype and of of ken getting slept on. Being forget how busted he is because he's boring.

>turd strike

unbased

I want her to grab me into the sacred insitution of tomboyish marriage

>muh turd strike
Nobody wants to hear why parrying is a broken mechanic for the nth time, it's still a good game

The funny part is parrying doesn't break 3s at all, the most broken shit in the game is stuff you can't parry (genei jin, chun cr.mk)

If you can't block or tech command grabs, what do you do generally? Jump/crouch?

>Top tier characters have better answers to a game defining mechanic than other characters
You don't say?

>Makoto is my favorite fighting game character because of her balls to the wall playstyle and her firecracker attitude
>nobody but fucking footfags and tomboy secondaries ever talk about her

I hate it

reversal or jump. Some japs and such can beat command grabs on startup, while command grabs can't be teched, they will tech throws, so you can defacto tech them if you went for the throw just before they command grabed you.(you can't throw them out of it)

who wants to get shit on in 3s on fightcade?

region?

NA

Yeah, and it's not because they can parry your shit, parries don't generally benefit the top tiers more than the lower tiers. Oro gets more off parries than anyone else in the game. Parries benefit low tiers equally as much if not more than the top tiers, they often rely on them more.

i'm still on evola

You're thinking purely in terms of reward from parries rather than how they shape the meta.
>Parries exist as an incredibly strong mechanic that most of the cast can abuse
>therefore strong answers to parries lead to strong characters
It's true Q, Oro and Hugo benefit more from them than any other character in a vacuum.
Ken, Chun, and Yang deal with them better than any other character, which makes them strong.
Yang would probably be busted with or without parries, but I think Ken and Chun would be a bit worse off.

>introduce a friend to fighting games
>we play a lot of 3S
>quick to learn, gets to my skill level relatively quick
>during this period I start learning new stuff and he's getting salty beyond belief, flat out giving me a bitch fit if I don't let him win
>eventually we stop playing regularly, or at all
>find out he never actually quit, just started playing with a different mate on fightcade all this time

Am I the problem here? I have defended my position whenever I was bitched out, but I never actively trash talked him for winning. Miss fighting him brahs.

Your friend is a pussy who didn't wanna put time into getting good. Weird cause third strike is one of the funnest games to play.

Also as a makoto main shes very situational. She's only really useful near the ends of the level. Also slap to SA2 to dash uppercut dash uppercut is really hard. Even stand fierce to SA2 is really hard. A lot of Makoto players just picked SA1 because it can be mashed and could be done easily after command grab. Also people started picking SA3 because nobody wanted to mess with you while you were powered up meaning a lot of offense.

You did nothing wrong; It's a psychological thing on his part.

pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/Why-you-have-to-let-weaker-players-win-occassionally_101770/

It's one of the principles behind party games; You can be good at a given game but if there's luck or RNG involved, it's pretty likely that you will lose to someone less skilled than you at some point. For the skilled person, it's just a one-off loss but for the less skilled person, they feel like they just slayed god and could probably do it again if luck is on their side.

Being more skilled at something means minimizing the occurrence of events or actions that can negatively impact your performance to the point where you don't have to worry about them anymore. For a beginner, successfully canceling DP>Super might be the result of luck, but the skilled player will have ground out the muscle memory and execution to be able to do DP>Super whenever they want, reducing the amount of luck/rng in the situation to get the character to do the thing they want when they want.

If you were both racecar drivers, your friend still can't handle driving the course at speed and successfully completing a lap is an accomplishment for him whereas for you it's the norm and you are able to handle your effective top speed around the track consistently with ease. He stopped playing with you because he felt like as soon as the race started, it was guaranteed that you would finish the lap every time before the race even started.

tl;dr Your friend needs to git gud, but the fire to git gud can only come from within. He would rather placate himself by playing against people he knows he can win against rather than fight and lose against someone regularly even though he would become better over time.

If you can get him to play with you again, try playing against him with characters that you want to learn rather than characters you are good with.

*you would finish the lap before him every time before the race even started.

Why people dislike USF2? Aside the obvious jew price and stupid ass evil ryu/violent ken.

Switch Exclusive

I'm one of those tomboy lovers and frankly I just don't like her gameplay.

>Everyone plays for a while....
>Then go back to ST despite both Ultra and Hyper doing some decent balance changes.

At least hyper is played on fightcade, but god fucking dammit I wish that people would stop sticking to broken shit.

Attached: 1548429793447.png (409x445, 231K)

lmao