3DS Thread

Post you're 3DS and you're favorite games!

Attached: IMG_5288-ed.jpg (1600x1067, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.hacks.guide/uninstall-cfw.html
softcobra.com/ntdo/ntdo-3ts/
store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat970130
ebay.com/str/nintendo/Systems/_i.html?_storecat=15525403010
youtu.be/poY9DXnlTUg
store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod560313
aliexpress.com/item/Original-Brand-New-Battery-Cover-For-new-3DS-XL-Housing-Replacement-Back-Cover-Case-For-new/32837292332.html
3ds.hacks.guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I really didnt like it as much as most other people, and nowadays it cramps my hands so easily. I respect the library though. Highlights for me were Zelda ALBW, New Leaf, 3D Land, Pokemon S&M, Kirby Triple Deluxe and Robobot, Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX, and DKCR 3DS

your*
your*
Also I like samus returns

Attached: 20190223_011522.jpg (2560x1280, 859K)

I AM 3DS
Just got an extendo battery, and ever since hacking it and getting an SD card I've gotten Persona Q2, REvalations, Miku Project Mirai DX, Mario Kart 7, and Street Fighter 4. What else should I get?

Attached: 61421795_2489105184442313_601917843805569024_n.jpg (540x960, 64K)

just format it and log in with your nintendo id?

I got all the 3DS EO games.

Attached: 20190224_095004_2.jpg (720x960, 467K)

Unless you're selling it, why?

3ds.hacks.guide/uninstall-cfw.html

then format system memory in settings. eshop games will be intact unless you delete the eshop account.

why do you want to format it btw? are you selling it?

for online shit, I'd imagine

Is there any version of the 3ds that doesnt feel like shit to hold?

No, I'm ending it all soon and I don't want my family finding out how badly I pirated everything. Online shit doesn't matter with 3ds, you can hack it and play everything online fine.

do you guys play original ds games on your 3ds or do they look really bad?

I LOVE 3DS

Attached: 1558894087317.png (1303x867, 1.48M)

user, don't kill yourself. Also you could just toss the battery and cut the cable on the charger, you know.

They look fucking awful, blurry as fuck. I keep a DS Lite around specifically because they look so bad on the 3ds

>I'm ending it all soon and I don't want my family finding out how badly I pirated everything
Nothing wrong with pirating. You literally have 3 nations that loves to pirate.

Been playing the fuck out of TWEWY, Chrono Trigger and New Super Mario ever since I figured out playing DS games off DS card. They look fine actually.

dude dont.

My games:

Mega Man Legacy Collection
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Star Fox 64 3D
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

user is considering suicide and his biggest concern is his family finding out he pirated video games...

So last night when I finished adding stuff to my SD I put it back into the 3ds and suddenly it wouldn't start up. It would have a blue light for a split second then turn off immediately. And the just like that it worked again. Apparently this is an issue if you happen to have the popping noise when it boots which is what mine does every time I boot it up. How do I fix this?

Attached: 20190530_195245.jpg (1470x1960, 1.43M)

Dump your SD card onto your computer, format the card, move everything back onto it. Happened to me before.

Copying scribblenauts unlimited and pusmo as we speak

Attached: IMG_20190530_171430.jpg (4160x3120, 1.77M)

the o3ds screen is so tiny, how does anyone stand it

It's the same size as the original iphone up to the 4g, so the same way people tolerated that.

on the plus side, it makes the terrible resolution less obvious

I fucking hate this console so fucking much. Literary a waste of fucking money, has almost zero games and the games it does have look like fucking garbage and run at like 20 fps. Fuck the 3ds, and fuck Yea Forums for memeing me into buying that shit. Should have gotten Vita to hack and play ps1 games in instead. Fuck you op.

I'm not a 3DS

Attached: 0315192255.jpg (4656x2218, 3.66M)

I'm disappointed there's no new Meteos for it and will remain disappointed forever.

Based. Have you played them all?

post pic of your 3ds with a paper and my post number

Were Link Between Worlds or Radiant Historia any good?

ALBW was easily the best Zelda since Majora's Mask

Stuck on this boss fight.

Attached: IMG_20190530_212023169.jpg (2448x3264, 1.67M)

My o3DSXL bottom screen is fucked, need to fix it. Been playing Mystery dungeon sky on my R4 w/ my N3DS. I’m a good 3-4 hours in and I’m having a blast. Next I’m going to try and finish megaman Battle network. Is a bottom screen repair easy? Looked it up and it seemed simple. I also gotta get a new battery for it.

Also, is it bad that I use my 3DS to play older gen games? I loved the GBA/DS era of games, just can’t stop finding gems for them, I have my 3DS hacked and everything and I still prefer older games. 3D games just aren’t as addictive to me.

Na, GBA and DS have better libraries

Not done yet with 4, U2, 5 and X. Also PQ1. I got pirate syndrome while playing 4 after Millenium Girl.

What about 2D 3DS games? I've been playing a shitton of Shantae recently

I don't know what my favorite game is though, desu. Probably Animal Crossing.

Attached: IMG_1138.jpg (4032x3024, 2.71M)

Of you hold start or select while you boot up a DS, or GBA VC you can play in its original resolution.

i mostly use it as an emulation machine for snes, gba and wonderswan, and ill probably start playing Persona Q2 or Dragon Quest VII

I have played regular DS games on O3DSXL almost as much as 3DS games. It looks fine with the resolution blown up, these guys are just autistic.

Rf4

I have a O3DS hacked w/ free shop.. but it doesn’t work anymore. Where do I get my 3DS games now?

Yeah, freeshop went down completely.
softcobra.com/ntdo/ntdo-3ts/

Still so much shit on my 3ds backlog after all this time

>you're favorite games!
ACE COMBAT: AHL
Monster Hunter: XX

Attached: 20190530_214005[1].jpg (2560x1440, 1.19M)

He y look it’s the only custom theme that doesn’t look gay as shit

precisely why I installed it

I got a N2DSXL. Is it worth hacking it if I have an old 3DS hacked? Only game I would like to try is Xenoblade, but I have a hacked Wii I could easily play it on also.

well you have a hacked 3ds so you know what it can do. xenoblade is definitely preferable on the wii. if i were you i would unhack my o3ds, sell it for $40, then hack the n2ds since it's better in every way.

Out of nowhere my New3ds back camera stop working and crashes.

Attached: 1558068941935.jpg (500x500, 16K)

dont fucking play xenoblade on 3ds, why the fuck would you do that? it looks like shit. its meant to be played on tv

God I lpve the hanafuda face plates. Wish I owned a normal size n3ds.

I have a dsi for ds games, sp for gba games.

Hadn’t opened it in forever, had to update to B9S
Time for the yearly playthrough of TWEWY, what should I play after?

Attached: DA3A85D4-E262-4CFC-9646-15EB8D6504FE.jpg (4032x3024, 2.17M)

This dude.

Attached: 1547191466294.jpg (478x468, 25K)

My white n3DS is turning yellow. How do I stop this?

>emulate a few games at 1440p
>can't go back to the 240p screen anymore

Attached: 1558902506374.gif (500x375, 3.96M)

Post best variants

Attached: 2650592e-8ceb-4156-91e7-6574da00b01a_1.e6dc435953dc07479c957fc64dc575b9.jpg (450x450, 38K)

Wash your tendies and cum off your hands before you use it? Post pics you disgusting fuck.

Hold start when starting them. It displays smaller but not blurry.

bravely default (the most retarded game name i've ever heard, i seriously dare anyone to say a more ridiculous game name.

Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure

not him but thanks user

Attached: 1541331328532.png (265x348, 85K)

FE Awakening

The last time I enjoyed a Nintendo console was the GameCube. After Brawl I just stopped playing Nintendo stuff, it was that soul crushing of a game. Been enjoying and buying more Nintendo stuff since my 3DS+FE Awakeming purchase.

Attached: 205895_front.jpg (640x566, 57K)

The same thing works for GBA/GBC and GB games btw.

is this original resolution? I just tried it and it seems smaller than even the DS

Attached: 8947816.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

I think so? The original DS screens weren't that big actually. It is distracting to have so much unused space though.

>it looks fine
Lol

Yes, it is. It's 1:1 pixel perfect.

Its the same resolution, but it uses less of the screen. You have to pick between blurry or small, pick your poison

This is why I just keep a ds for ds games

does eshop even get good sales anymore?
yeah I know you can hack it

3ds is just based as fuck.

"bravely default" makes sense in the context of the game and you would know it if you played the game

not him, but even though you brave and default in the game it's a stupid ass title

>remember all the cool bros I added before Animal Crossing: New Leaf came out
Those were the days.

Attached: 1545770880635.jpg (468x345, 25K)

>favorite games
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. No question.

>"Dad, I miss user"
>"I don't, that filthy faggot pirated 3DS games. I'm glad he's no longer in my house"
>"You're right, let's go shit on his grave"

The last generation with a virtual console. I am going to miss the VC

Maybe he pirated Cing games. That guilt would drive anyone into an early grave.

Attached: 1471721181120.gif (192x224, 51K)

I still have my ambassador 3ds, and lots of games left to play. How big is the upgrade to the new 2DS XL? Should I shell out the money if it's a much better way to play?

That's only half the reasoning you ding dong. It's also thematically relevant. It's actually a pretty clever title

Maybe it looks like shit on the smaller models but it looks fine on the XLs.

It's not quite as clean as just rendering an emulator at a higher res, but it looks fine as a blown up image of a shit res fukkin 256×92 game

im close to finishing nsmb ds and sm world

Attached: grayons.png (558x614, 45K)

What's the smallest 3ds model? I hate big portable consoles and no clue why every phone and pocket device is so fucking big these days. The ds lite is about as big as I find reasonable for a handheld

Prolly the OG sea green 3DS from 2011

Attached: 1550334614543.png (1000x1000, 315K)

O3DS/N3DS and even then they're bigger than DSL

Regular 3DS and N3DS are about the same size as a DS lite

Any of the non-XL ones, and stay away from the original 2DS that looks like a doorstop.

n3dsxl, pokemon machine.

It looks even worse on the XLs though; now you've got the awful blur plus lower ppi. You get rid of the blur by running at native res but then its awkwardly small

Again, looks way better on a ds and you can buy used ones for like 30 bucks these days sonits best to just play them on native hardware so it doesnt look awful

I just bought a refurb doorstop 2DS from nintendo to hack. How could I possibly be going wrong?

Well at least you don't need a magnet to hack it.

You didn't get a new 3ds for better snes emulation.

Attached: reigen shiggy.jpg (1000x563, 283K)

snes emulation runs fine on a R4 cart in DS mode. He'll be fine

>Can't fold, can't fit in a pocket, screens are vulnerable without a case
>Feels flimsy
>Mono speaker
>No 3D (no value in no 3D if an O3DS is just like a 2DS and can be bought for $50)
>Literally the 3DS model made for children

>try to play any game that uses the dpad
>hand cramps in minutes

Fuck the mega man zero collection is absolutely miserable on the 3ds xl. Using the dpad while dashing with L feels fucking awful

Blargsnes never gave me a problem.

>cramps my hands way too easily

I thought I was the only one. I tried to tell my friends college in 2013 about this but they were like lol no it doesn’t. I personally just love New Leaf as well and surprisingly I actually love the MGS3 port for the 3ds I wish they would port that version to consoles with current gen graphics or hd.

I'm playing ff6, Sonic 3, Superstar saga. I fucking love this thing.

Attached: 20190328_213401.jpg (3264x2448, 3.03M)

You didn't, if you got it for really cheap. I woulnd't pay more than 35 freedom dollars for an OG 2ds.

It's the galaxy purple model. Last they had that wasn't a flimsy 2ds.

Anyone else think the o3ds was sexy as fuck? I absolutely loved how it looked

Attached: retailers-list-midnight-purple-3ds-20120427073015669-000.jpg (468x312, 16K)

Purple yea, sea green nope.exe

>your*
>your*
Of course somebody like you would like that terribad rehash.

Yeah. The OG 3ds had the best aesthetics of any handheld.

But than Nintendo went full Fisher Price with the subsequent models.

Still glad I managed to grab this baby on launch day.

Attached: my_majoras_mask_new_3ds_xl.jpg (1000x486, 55K)

>not knowing that light exposure can cause plastic to yellow
Anyway, treatment requires more than I have right now, so fuck it.

Tetris Axis or Tetris Ultimate?

Face buttons were absoute shite.

Puyo Puyo Tetris

Gime

Attached: 1548977129557.jpg (778x512, 45K)

i have the purple one

NO!

I just hacked mine last night and it opened a Pandoras box for me. I downloaded a bunch of games. I am playing pkmn yellow and loz oracle of ages.

Fine, don't shout. I'll leave.

Attached: 1559180649081.jpg (689x795, 48K)

Why would you willingly get a 2dsxl

Attached: new-3ds-xl-animal-crossing-happy-home-designer-europe-top-screen.jpg (758x424, 85K)

because it was cheaper and anons told me to

Do any of the n3ds cover plates have unique material/texture?

is a new3DS worth it? I have an original fire emblem 3DS and there are cracks in various places and 2 big lines on the screen from rubbing against the bottom screen. not a big deal but I also like the idea of the 2nd nub, a bigger screen, better hardware and it has better screen too right? like better colors?

Attached: file.png (500x782, 411K)

it was $50 cheaper and came with charger

I want to get one over my N3DSXL. The one I have is heavy as hell I want to get a variant like

just play tetris ds. it's the best version.

tetris ultimate is an absolute piece of shit by the way.

wait I didn't mean to post that picture, 4chanx picked that automatically somehow.

fav 3ds game was probably MH4U, haven’t really played anything on it recently. will probably pick up it again to play persona Q1&2 after I finish P3P

Attached: 2C39FA37-5619-4619-8CCE-15737C6C0FCD.jpg (3736x2879, 2.16M)

I'm 3ds
I'm favorite games

Animal crossing new leaf or rune factory 4, which one is better and comfier game?

Is it true you need to get the screws off when accessing the SD card? If so that's fucking dumb, would rather get a 2DSXL if that's the case

I'm referring to the N3DSXL in my first sentence

Yes. If you hack it you can just use FTP though.

yes, but if you hack it you can set up ftp so you don't have to ever do it again

You do need to remove the battery cover to access the microSD slot, yeah.

>burger SNES design

Attached: line_1558057519973.jpg (1280x720, 467K)

aside from rhythm heaven and warioware what are some other fun minigames for the 3ds?

Fished mine out, playing LoZ, its just as good as I remembered.

Idk why I stopped playing with this

Attached: InShot_20190525_021717413.jpg (1920x1920, 3.35M)

I really enjoyed throwing mine in the trash

Attached: image.jpg (600x600, 149K)

Can anyone recommend a good durable grip for this?

nes remix

Is there a way to put nds games on your homescreen? I cant be asked booting my R4 every time.

twilightmenu++, but it's a hassle because not every game works with it

I saw one of these when I was in Akiba. Greatly regret not getting it.

actually nvm because you need to boot into twilightmenu anyway

Can the regular 2DS play SNES games with homebrew?

I have this one
I like monster hunter and ace attorney

Attached: maiwaifu.jpg (4032x3024, 3.81M)

yes, but performance isn't great

I got this just two days ago. Don't have any 3DS games for it yet, but I ordered AC New Leaf and Pokémon X & Y. All I've got for it so far is Pokémon Green off the VC. Also, the themes in the Japanese Theme Shop are way better. Old 3DS is in the background there.

Attached: IMG_4491.jpg (3264x2448, 1.79M)

Is it worth it to just get a N3DSXL?

You don't even know what "it" is faggot. And you're gonna just give up, like it's something you've put a modicum of time/effort into thinking through (whereby a follow through does absolutely nothing but leave those behind wondering where they were at fault). And you're here worried about piracy?

I mean godspeed, you're allowed to do whatever you want, that's how this shit is designed. But life's worth exploring, you haven't seen shit, and no amount of literal shit should get in the way of you seeing the truth.

I am disappoint. Gaming should have taught you valuable lessons by now. Grow. Push forward. Do better. Be better.

faggot

i think it is

and a red OXL
My favorites are EO2U, The Alliance Alive, and DeSu2RB
Robobot and Ever Oasis are nice too

Attached: zeldaNintendo_New3DSXL_HyruleEdi.jpg (1000x538, 75K)

Some links where you can buy some 3DS straight from nintendo. These are all in great condition.
store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat970130
ebay.com/str/nintendo/Systems/_i.html?_storecat=15525403010

Where do you get good themes that aren't pasting a shitty google image on the 3DS' screen?

Based ESL defender

I downloaded EO4 and really liked it, wound up buying the entire series for cheap off of Amazon. Working my way through EO1 currently, I shelved EO4's final dungeon because my party comp is pretty terrible for dealing with the final boss and I didn't want to relevel an alternate group.

Is Rune Factory any good? I haven't played the series at all, but I heard it's like Harvest Moon. Does anyone have a link to one of the series for download?

We'll never get another Club Nintendo 3DS case and it feels bad.

Attached: IMG_20190531_002348~2.jpg (3036x3159, 1.8M)

How much work/money goes into replacing the circle pad on an old XL model?

If you like Project Mirai try Taiko no Tatsujin, don't bother with the translation patch the game is really easy to understand and it's a lot of fun

>tfw no europe shipping
why live

>I shelved EO4's final dungeon because my party comp is pretty terrible for dealing with the final boss and I didn't want to relevel an alternate group.

what's your party comp?

>3DS just had it's swansong
>Switch is shit
>Sony gave up and the vita is long dead
>a fucking """handheld console""" with a fucking crank as part of the controls
>phone shit predating the handheld market with awful games
Is there any hope for handheld gaming Yea Forums? they are by far my favorite consoles but they are dying.

Attached: 1500892215516[1].jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Just take a small hit and reclass/resubclass your party.

you just cynical as fuck

The best part of the system is how it plays DS and GBA without carts.

Favorite games were Monster Hunter, Zelda, Smash, Kid Icarus and Kirby.
I wish I still played mine often, and I fear my Switch will suffer the same fate.

same
Switch should have been a dual screen clamshell "4DS"

imagine the smell

>you are 3DS
>you are favorite games

No I'm not either of those things, but I would like to be my favorite games.

trio of towns is too comfy, maybe rune factory 5 for switch can deliver

Attached: 3ds.jpg (1158x1195, 586K)

My 3DS is nothing special, just a Black N3DS with the SNES coloured buttons. I should really get a nice panel for the top and bottom though. I've been going through PXZ2 and I'm around 25% through it I think. Gonna start Mighty Switch Force once I'm through with that, I heard good things but never tried it.

I hacked it last year and it really made me play it more. The 3DS is such a comfy little handheld. It's a shame it can't emulate anything higher than the GBA though. I'd love to play some PS1/Dreamcast titles on there even if the small screen would make games look fucking disgusting. Still, having native GBA support is great, and I've completed a lot of PC Engine games on there, it's a great system for it.

>holding start to run ds in native resolution actually works with twilight menu++

Attached: das it mane.jpg (500x494, 35K)

It seems to me 3DS games are in that in-between era of getting phased out and are cheap as all hell. I know most people are dirty pirates but honestly if youre a physical or collectorfag now seems like the time to buy used shit from ebay or gamestop.

>Me, a New 3DS XL owner whenever I see the 2DS XL

Attached: I dont need it.jpg (480x360, 28K)

Been playing a bunch of GBA games like Kurukuru Kururin. Favorite 3DS games are New Leaf and Rhythm Heaven Megamix.

Attached: hamu.jpg (1824x1824, 1.85M)

Majoras mask 3dsxl master race

Attached: 20190530_220002.jpg (4032x3024, 3.07M)

god, regular n3DS (plus those cases) are aesthetic as heck
too bad the n3DSXL doesnt really have face plates

Don't know what you see in it, looks cheaper and shittier in every way.

the buttons are fucking blue

I wish Nintendo continue DS lineage. 2nd screen is unironically a pretty neat idea.

Attached: 1498734900866.gif (255x192, 460K)

I've got a six hours train ride in front of me and got my 2DS with MHG, Metroid SR, Luigi's Mansion, Shovel Knight, TLoZ OoT, MM and ALbW and Donkey Kong. I also downloaded Retro City Rampage DX and dude it's quite a fun game.
I remember buying an og 3DS back when it came out and missing out on a lot of really cool games. Sold it soon after cause I found some dude who'd buy it for retail price.
Ever since I started traveling a lot I bought a cheap 2DS and loving it so far.

I thought it was a dumb gimmick that was rarely used right, just like the Wii U's second screen I usually just hated using it.

I just wish they had a stylus that came with the system and a place on the system to put it on 3ds (yes i know its some weird preorder/bundle bonus with mario maker. the one theyre bundling is thicc af anyway)

Ayy I have one of them!

Attached: 20190531_012149-1.jpg (2455x2037, 836K)

>Goto Gamestop to pick up some used 3DS games
>Specifically pick out the Pre-Owned regular New Leaf case, not Welcome Amiibo or Nintendo Selects
>Bring it to the counter with some other games and pay
>Get home, realize the stupid whore bitch at the counter gave me not only the fucking WELCOME AMIIBO version of the box but it also has the Nintendo Selects border on it
>AS IF THAT ISNT ENOUGH
>SHE DIDNT EVEN GIVE ME THE WELCOME AMIIBO CARTRIDGE SHE GAVE ME THE FUCKING REGULAR ONE
FUCKING
GAMESTOP
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 20190530_222435.jpg (1920x1080, 1.04M)

user's solution is surely reliable but when I get this problem I usually just copy boot.firm in the root again, over-write the old file and put the SD card back in. Solved the problem for me 100% of the time

>WELCOME AMIIBO CARTRIDGE
Isn't there only the one cart? Just take it back and request the other case. If you don't sperg out, they should have no problems doing it. If they say no, go FULL sperg, then they'll HAVE to give in. God speed user.

no

Attached: Animal-Crossing-New-Leaf-Welcome-Amiibo-Nintendo.jpg (400x300, 32K)

I bought a used pink 3DS pretty cheap. It's in great condition. Even the serial number sticker on the pack is pristine. However there's clearly a mark where the little japanese girl who owned this previously dug her nail into the circlepad. I checked the 3DS Sound channel too and it was just several 10 second clips of some J-pop song with some light breathing.

Attached: 1548732233083.jpg (1285x1058, 298K)

I have o3ds xl with shitty stickers

Attached: Screenshot_20190531-063422_PhotoGrid.jpg (833x1249, 941K)

>the little japanese girl who owned this previously
Some active imagination you got there buddy.

I really don't get the naming and stuff.

What's a cheap/good DS that you can hack and doesnt have any major issues. I hear people talking about resolution and stuff and joystick wear.

Attached: 1559183095277.png (291x421, 110K)

I looked at the data before I formatted the system and it was absolutely a little girl who owned this pink 3DS.

>Has the GB Pokemon Plates
I see that you are also a man of good taste.

got any pictures of her cunny or feet?

Are you fucking blind or something

Buy a cheap one from aliexpress and replace it yourself, you can follow a youtube tutorial to be sure where to unscrew or disconnect specific things but I can assure you it's not hard at all
Pic related, my o3DSXL with a replacement circle pad and a replacement stylus that I carved myself

Attached: file.png (1040x584, 1.09M)

>I AM SILLY
You are silly.

They only give you the display case if it’s the last copy.
You can always ask for the version you want though.
I worked at gamestop and people would ask all the time for original cases instead of Nintendo select and I was happy to oblige.

Still rocking my Roundabout/Rhythm of Love themes on my N3DS.

Attached: IMG_20190531_064650.jpg (4032x3024, 1.16M)

Attached: IMG_20190531_064710.jpg (4032x3024, 1.04M)

Can I get some GBA and DS game suggestions, please?

Both Klonoa games
Advance Wars 1 and 2
Castlevania CoTM and AoS
Super Ghouls N Ghosts GBA
Mario VS DK GBA

Do most of the later 3ds games ditch the 3d gimmick? Debating between buying a 2ds xl and a new 3ds xl. Normally I'd just spring for the 3d version, but I heard the 2ds xl was much lighter

How do I get GBA / NDS games to work on my hacked 3DS? I have twilight launcher installed for DS games, but I'd rather them be on the main screen then a whole separate thing. Same with GBA.

they look fine when you run them at native resolution. same with gba. hold start during bootup.

i mean i have 3 different 3ds' but i never really used them much. ws a pretty dissapointing gen for me, especially with how bad the pokemon games were

Land/Land
Sniper/Medic/Sniper

Lands were originally link lands that synergized with snipers' multi-hit attacks, snipers focused mostly on crippling and accuracy to trigger links. Medic for healing.

Links seem to be terrible for some bosses though because you can't get a reliable setup for them. Any time your party gets any member incapacitated, the link setup goes to shit, either because the link doesn't start, or you can't trigger it enough. While I was able to brute force the final boss anyway (Since one link fully done does such high damage, I was able to kill it in three turns once I got them off), the bonus boss doesn't give me that luxury, hitting far harder than I can deal with and seeing that I can't race him down.

The only other party I have that has any levels to it is an Imperial/Imperial 3xRunemaster party that has some interesting quirks (Back row is near immune to elemental attacks, for instance), but ultimately isn't a very balanced party either.

Can you emulate DS on a hacked Vita?

I lose interest because of the small screen on my 3ds. I would like to be able to play games off the tv with the vita.

Attached: 11.jpg (1280x1823, 242K)

You can. Not at full speed though.

Should I play SMT4 or Strange Journey? Never played an SMT game before, unless Persona 4 counts

Attached: SI_3DSDS_ShinMegamiTenseiIV_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 183K)

What's that SD card icon?

Can't remember where I got it from, but basically it launches the N3DS WiFi SD card manager

Strange Journey because of dumb marines in Antarctica shooting demons.

That's what I figured. I was wondering if there was an option somewhere to just add the icon to the main menu, but I guess not. Super convenient though, being able to launch it without having to go into settings.

but the 3ds screens are bigger than the DS? just get a dsi xl then, or suck it up and play them on 3ds anyway. its cheap/free

What theme do you guys have? I'm trying to look for one but I can't decide on any

>all these people correcting "you're"

Attached: pepedoll2.jpg (1600x1982, 254K)

Picked this one up last year

Attached: 2d994544fe36a3426b2b22561036cbb0.jpg (1080x1080, 160K)

Just get any old 3rds and you will be good
Go with SMT IV and then Final. I actually recommend this too, its damn good
youtu.be/poY9DXnlTUg

AC New Leaf by far

just use ftpbrony or whatever its called, turns your 3ds into an ftp sever instead, easiest method imo

>tfw your most memorable moments with a console are primarily with ports and games from predecessor platform

It’s certainly no DS, but that said, I enjoyed the following original games more than normal:
>ACNL
>KI:U
>AA6
>SMT4
>USUM

I’ve been meaning to get into MH, but keep getting cockblocked by MHFU since I know the moment I jump into MH3U or later, MHFU feel like a slog to go back to.

Also need to stop being a lazy ass and ntrboot the N3DSXL sometime soon.

Attached: 92D25B31-3700-45C7-B50D-E2E67B0C06EA.jpg (4032x3024, 2.38M)

I saw this at Walmart today.
If I didn't already fucking have a 3DS, I'd get it. It looks cools as hell.

Attached: GUEST_217621da-958e-4037-acb9-fdf5a1a48652.jpg (488x488, 61K)

are any good games coming for the 3ds? i feel like i want to buy one to play new leaf and some pokemon, is it worth getting it now?

I think towards the end of a console/handheld's life is one of the better times to pick it up, if you're not an early adopter. Sure, you miss out on stuff for a few years, but now you have a whole library to pick and choose from, and it's a bit cheaper.

Now if a good time, yes, but I don't foresee anything good coming out for it anymore. It's about done, I think.

Jailbroken N3DS and PSP combo masterace reporting in

>2 of the same console

why

It’s dead, Dave. The only reason to get into 3DS at this point is if you missed out on it entirely all this time or if your existing 3DS is falling apart.

There’s a lot to keep you busy, but almost nothing will be new.

its dead

Attached: Screenshot_20190531-141549.jpg (1292x809, 239K)

>why
Faceplate and regional event autism. Also the moon one was $100 and I felt it complemented my existing machine nicely.

Attached: 5E6E09CF-9CDF-4F46-807E-DD7A595504C3.jpg (4032x3024, 2.59M)

Custom MH4U theme, it has proof of a hero as theme and when you close it and open it it sounds like the supply box, also quest start sound when you start a game.

I'm too lazy to take a picture of the theme so have this relatively recent screenshot.

Attached: asfadsdasd.png (400x480, 399K)

To my knowledge most New 3DS systems will have a TN panel screen. The screen is brighter on the N3DS, but otherwise the image quality is comparable to the original 3DS. N3DS systems with IPS panels do exist, but they are rare and would require some effort and expense to find.
The N3DS screen does have one major improvement though, and that is the 3D functionality. I found the 3D feature on my old 3DS to be nearly unusable. The 3D on the N3DS however works much better and is quite practical to use.
Screen stuff aside, the overall feel of the hardware feels quite nice and the system is well constructed.
As to whether it's worth it, I would only get it if you want to play one of the games that specifically require the New 3DS hardware, want a bigger screen, or are really interested in a 3D feature that actually works.

yes it has a huge library. if you missed out you will have a big backlog

Fuck yea BRAH.

how's Fantasy Life? I almost never see it being recommended

Its so fucking boring dawg and the tutorial in the beginning is like 10 horus dont do it

The fact that PSP was an overall better platform for portable MH singlehandedly makes me play FU more than any MH title for the 3DS. I liked 'em a lot and still play them, but the simple possiblity of clawing the PSP gave you makes the controls so damn smooth (AFTER you get used to clawing and of course in comparison to the grip the 3DS gives without a CPPro).
There's plenty of MH games for 3DS and they're generally very good games (that still have some players online!), give them a try user, they're fun

Offline MMO is the best way to describe it, the base game has far more than 100 hours of content, there is a metric shit ton of things to do and 12 lives, 4 combat based, 5 crafting based, 3 gathering based, they complement each other, there is also a DLC that adds even more content.

Is great, specially if you like harvest moon or RF, can't date/marry anyone tho, but the characters can follow you around.

>put .cia file on 3ds
>begin importing
>1 hour later it gets to 99%
>"import failed"
>retry
>same thing happens
What's going on and how do I fix it? Weird thing is I had this game on the 3ds previously and it worked fine

Thanks, for some reason I thought I'd be reusing the old rubber pad and not replacing that part. Good to see I can buy the whole unit, that old pad needed to go anyway.

Attached: download - 2019-05-31T004042.672.png (569x447, 529K)

I want to trade my old crusty New 3DS XL for a New 2DS Xl cause there's a good sale going on right now(I could also get Sushi Striker and Dilon along with it). Is it a good change or should I just get a replacement pad rubber and Grip for the old one? And any of you tried one of those grip things? Do they alleviate hand cramps at all?

Attached: 714wMLzyReL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 23K)

>terribad

fuck you you piece of fucking shit stab your fucking self

Kid icarus

OK WHICH IS THE WINNER
NEW 3DS XL OR NEW 2DS XL
I want to buy one but I cant fuckin choose

Jesus man I know Persona sucks but it's really not that bad.

only get the 2ds if you can't afford the 3ds or really really love the aesthetics. the n3dsxl is better in almost every way.

wait why are you ending it? what could possibly be so horrible that you need to end it?

How hard is it to actually reshell a 3DS XL? Like moving all the guts into a new body? Hinge busted and that's my only choice right now since I don't really have the money for a new one and I can't find a hinged case for an original 3DS XL. I know there's that Nerf one that supposedly works if your hinge is busted, but I can't find any besides the pink ones. I can find a full shell for like $20 so I guess that's my only shot right now.

literally why? 3ds is superior in every way

nintendo still does repairs on 3ds xl systems if you feel like sending it in

where do i buy new battery covers for mine? the one i have stays on by good luck and unicorn dust

what model/color?

Is it? Why's that? I'm not familiar with 2Ds Xl, only know that I don't have to unscrew anything for the SD Card and don't care about 3D.

>MGS3
>MH4U
>Mario Maker
>Pokemon Platinum
>Super Mario 64
>Final Fantasy 7
>ocarina of time
and all the other thousands of games in the 3ds + ds library
it's such a good fucking system with so much to offer especially if you just keep everything on the SD and pirate

Attached: 1547257057814.gif (360x480, 697K)

n3dsxl has
>superior build quality
>decent speaker placement
>easily replaceable battery

black new 3DS XL

so what if you have to unscrew a backplate once or twice? you can leave it unscrewed and just clip it off.

better screen
better quality, although still shit, all 3ds consoles are, and imo the 2ds original was the best built
chance of good screens, or the option to upgrade to ips if you want
no potrusions on the shell

Well damn. Didn't know 2DSXL was a flat out downgrade. That makes me consider keeping it. My 3DS is just glossy and missing the rubber cap of the nub. 500 MH4U hours and all those other games will do that, I guess.

I see I can get one of those nubs plus a grip for cheap so I might stick to that. I'll be 100 euro richer. 80 if I get Dillon too. I'll make the change if it actually breaks I guess.

Attached: 1559003976329.jpg (600x849, 110K)

This may sound stupid but how did you hack it? You need a flash card to hack it amirite? The only thing stopping me from buying a 2dsxl is a flash card because i can't get one where i live.

you can order one from nintendo but it won't match lol
store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod560313

or you can try your luck with one on aliexpress
aliexpress.com/item/Original-Brand-New-Battery-Cover-For-new-3DS-XL-Housing-Replacement-Back-Cover-Case-For-new/32837292332.html

no, you don't need a flash card.
3ds.hacks.guide/

Do you know how much they'd charge for it? If it's gonna be like over 50 bucks I'd probably just do it myself or save up for a N3DS.

>500 hours
>didnt do thepsp stick upgrade
based retard

convince me to trade-in my vita to buy a 3ds. i only really enjoy marvel 3. i wanted to play some games like hollow realization but they run at 20FPS so i'm over it. i kinda wanna trade it in for a 3DS so i can play etrian odyssey, mh4, etc. the only games i really want for the vita now are japanese only imports with english subs and i'm annoyed at the idea of having to pay $70 for super robot wars and gundam breakers.

i would guess it would cost around $50, but give them a call. they usually have nice people on the phone that'll tell you everything.

Thanks i will go through it.

People are still going to gamestop in current year? Yikes.

Yeah plus 200 hours of Generations and I did not even know that was a thing till now.

Attached: 1525987748158.jpg (640x480, 32K)

bruv you can get a fresh 2DS (not the XL) for $80

hell you can get them refurbished from nintendo for $50.

If you look at the seediest pawn shops they have O3DS in perfect condition for 30-40. Only downside is they usually don't come with anything else, you gotta buy a charger and SD card and stuff

It wouldn’t have come with a charger anyway and you would’ve wanted to buy a larger capacity SD card too.

i'd get a new 3ds (not the XL) if i got one. the XL is just too big to be comfortable if i'm going to throw it in my pocket or something. part of why i do love the vita is the size and quality of the screen but FAT LOT OF GOOD IT DOES if i have no games.