Here's that Paper Mario game you wanted user

Here's that Paper Mario game you wanted user
gematsu.com/2019/05/adventure-rpg-bug-fables-announced-for-ps4-switch-and-pc

Attached: Bug-Fables_05-30-19_001.jpg (600x337, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SMtWxdQoljQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rwJsYhxaTBw
youtube.com/watch?v=8CvqmD0CZao
youtube.com/watch?v=nP1-8KNJ0AE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Where's the Yea Forums credit huh

Oh shit, did user actually make it out there? Good for you /adgd/ bro!

Attached: 1451088052586.png (1131x811, 388K)

im not buying it if there is no Yea Forums reference,
i want to fuck the bee tho

Attached: 1548606430915.gif (248x248, 55K)

neat I remember seeing this during development on Yea Forums years ago

wow i remember this

>if there is no Yea Forums reference
They dont own you anything

So what are the chances the dev will pull a Notch and go "fuck Yea Forums lol"

It's sad that a sequel to TTYD had to be done by some rando third party, hopefully it's good 'cause we're never getting another Paper Mario like this from Nintendo.

>another Yea Forums project stole from us by jew devs

>go fuck Yea Forums
notch added a Yea Forums reference and thats enough, i hope the dev of does that aswell

what the fuck more do you want ?

fuck Yea Forums you guys want a reference make your own game and put it in yourself

>pull a Notch and go "fuck Yea Forums lol"
that never happened

Maybe if people here stopped being such lazy, bitter cunts and actually banded together to make it real this wouldnt have happened

cool, cant wait to pirate

>implying they will put a Goobergate reference

It's "owe", not "own". Lurk more, ESLfag
polite sage for off topic

didn't that guy make a whole bunch of shitpost images to shill his own game and shit on paper mario at the same time?

I distinctly remember some autist pretending to be a dev and spamming threads about how it was going to be the PM killer for months. No idea why, maybe it was someone they let go or something. Good to see the actual game is progressing well.

it has never looked good to me visually or gameplay wise

and the creator sounds like a humongous faggot. Lmaoing at the fact he spent 6 years working on this ms paint RPG maker tier trash. also just a bug fetish bait

Didn't it turn out that it was just bait by someone else? I can't imagine a game dev would be dumb enough to shoot themselves in the foot like that.

>it was going to be the PM killer
That's an oxymoron

Maybe I should've worded it better. I mean they were bragging it was going to also be far superior to the original games as well. But like I said, IIRC, it was just some autist spamming these threads for like two or so months, no clue why.

I really don't like when these games are just straight up aping another game but good luck I guess? Seems soulless to me.

has he even posted in agdg since the kickstarter?

The problem with /agdg/ projects is Yea Forums leec hes onto them like they own them. And some people go out of their way to shitpost someone elses project all over Yea Forums and pretend to be the dev, just to cause drama. It's sad. I've seen a bunch of my friends become targets of this. And its not just /agdg. either, anons go to random twitters and take peoples game screens and post them too. So some devs never even know they're being targeted.

If you post your game development on Yea Forums at any given time, expect someone to make your life a living hell. Wait till your done, then post your shit.

>PM killer

How can you kill what is already dead?

Dude. You finished it. Holy shit congrats

It very well may be superior to the original games. If the main character wasn't Mario nobody would've given a shit they wouldn't have nearly been so highly regarded

I haven't seen it, but I only read the thread once in a blue moon 'cause they're so awful
Usually people stop posting once they get funded

The aesthetic is great, it reminds me of a cool picture book I had as a kid with bug magnets in it.

The game looks much better in movement than in screenshots. The difference is surprising, to be honest.

Here's the trailer they dropped today:
youtube.com/watch?v=SMtWxdQoljQ

Honestly looks pretty good imo, I've been wanting a new proper paper mario game for years and this'll hopefully be a good substitute. The name is pretty bad though, Bug Fables? Really?

its a bit gross to pretend to be part of a community just to ask for money

your trying too hard to not look like the dev while shilling your shit

they've been kinda bad at names since the beginning
iirc the main characters names were just "bee" and such

>announced
What the fuck? I played the demo over a year ago.

Attached: Bug Fables Demo 2018-02-09 10-05-13-16.png (1920x1080, 589K)

The main character is literally "vi" is that not enough?

Why did he never try and make his character designs better? One user whipped up something better in 15 minutes

Attached: 1518064364869.png (221x276, 19K)

they'd waste all the kickstarter money only on the artist

How is posting the trailer considered shilling, it's news about the fucking game

>pretend to be part of a community
Honestly, seems more like they would have been better off pandering to reddit for more money and less drama if they were really doing that. Too many autists here

I remember a while back I pirated some small indie game from steam someone recommended to me that was like $2 or some shit. Played it, got to the end, thought it was pretty meh but okay, Got to the credits:
"Special thanks: All the anons of Yea Forums. I love you guys!"

Godspeed bug user, you go and sell that game.

Attached: 1514776533216.gif (490x367, 1000K)

writing seriously needs an overhaul and improvement. i really love the combat and designs, and the actual world design is charming, but the writing itself is stale and tryhard. bug dev--if you're out there--hit me up man. let's dump some soul into the dialogue.

Attached: 1490678606705.jpg (134x186, 7K)

its a trailer

>pretend
If you post progress you're already better than 95% of the community. The only way to 'pretend' to be /agdg/ is to be a terminal nodev
People disappear after getting funded either due to contract restrictions or because if you have progress you'd post it on your twitter instead of Yea Forums or /agdg/

This. The names and the writing look incredibly sub par.

it's being released in 2019 apparently, probably too late for them to change the writing at this point

I laughed at the dialogue a few times, but yeah, other parts of it felt kind of machine translation-y.

Legit proud of bugdev for actually making and finishing a paper mario clone and being able to sell it.

I'll have to wait til its out to make any sort of judgement on the game itself. Don't expect it to be as good as PM 1 or 2 but if it's fun then it's fun. Hopefully it'll be good.

seeing as false flaggers started shitposting when the dev made the campaign, I can see why he'd leave

What makes you say that? Just from watching the trailer from today, it didn't seem like it had bad writing

>paper mario style
>fellow user
>PS4, Switch and PC
>Lol fuck Xbox
Based. I'll buy it once it's out.

>another indie game that just copies old Nintendo games instead of trying something new
Yawn

Attached: 1528839790302.png (720x842, 659K)

Wow, you did it and now you're shilling your own game on Yea Forums. You're truly an inspiration. I hope to shill my game here someday, but it isn't as good as yours probably.

Attached: j1NIkLb.jpg (2592x1936, 2.42M)

he talked in the discord group every day until he got his kickstarter money

and he hasnt posted since

>another indie game that fixes Nintendo IPs they fucked up
Fixed

im genuinely glad im not the only one thats felt this way from playing it at least
you'll need to play it for yourself to understand, i think. the world itself feels creative and interesting, but there's a lot of the lines youre fed that feel hollow--enough so to genuinely make you wish you could just hurry up and get on with it (which is a feeling i never had in the paper mario games)

With how oversaturated the market is, lets be honest. New doesnt sell. It can be new and interesting, but if it isnt good, it'll just be tossed aside like shovelware. Why be original when you can be inventive and do something people like, and are willing to throw money at? its common sense.

From the demo, the gameplay is basically PM 2 but more micromanaging, at least on hard more. If you're the kind who gets autistic about killing enemies in exactly as few turns as possible, the three-partner system works great for that, combined with Superguards not nullifying 100% damage.

hey fuck you buddy, I'll take my dose of paper mario no matter how much of a rip off it is. Do you know how long I've been waiting for a real paper mario sequel? I'll take anything at this point

Played the demo a long while ago, it felt amateurish, but it still seemed decent at least.

Tell me when exactly did Paper Mario have three party members active in battle at once, or a turn relay system, or variable damage values depending on the character's row position. I'll wait. Besides, the whole point of this game from the get go was to be an actual spiritual successor to the Paper Mario everyone loves, not that Sticker Star garbage. Why, pray tell, would they want to make something completely different from it just for the sake of being unique? That goes against the game's whole purpose.

It's amazing how the average Yea Forums user doesn't understand why a game dev doesn't want to be associated with Yea Forums. Just look at the absolute state of the catalog at almost any point of the day, and all the shit-flinging over nothing

that's cool but when's the superior Mario RPG clone coming out?

Attached: 1510017595772.jpg (900x1000, 240K)

But WILL people throw money at it? People will just think "oh it's paper mario" and just go play that

This. I actually thought hey, I'll mention Yea Forums in my development as a cool nod to some cool people who helped me, way back in 2008. But the Yea Forums now? Just mentioniung Yea Forums would turn normal people away and yield no rewards what so ever with how toxic this shithole became.

There hasn't been a proper paper mario game in over 10 years though

I'm willing to try it.
It looks amatuer, but I like to support amateurs because some neat stuff happens in that sphere.

congrats lil nigga

>SMRPG
How? I mean I played it and its cool, but its very obviously M&L inspired.

Nobody has this mentality and you know it. People lose nothing by trying a look-alike if its a series they like. Why do you think metroidvanias are so popular? People look at things like Ori or shantae and dont just go "Oh I'll just go play SOTN for the millionth time"

Who will win that Paper Mario off?

Attached: 53453.png (1264x2020, 3.53M)

Did he hire a decent composer yet? Because the music was legitimately shit.

Paper Mario hasn't had a proper turn based game since 2004, jackass.

That top one looks like complete shit.
Middle looks cute, what is it?

Hm. First time seeing this game, and while it does look neat, there's something about those environments that makes them feel underdeveloped. They need more detail or more things in them or something. They just look kinda like barren test rooms right now

Not really, innovation still sells, it's just rare to find someone willing to take the risk. AAA needs to play safe due to how expensive game developmeng has become (too much money on advertisement).

Indies, in contrast, have a lower budget and room to try new ideas, the problem is the oversaturation of low effort and pretentious trash. Another problem is this current boner for nostalgia. A lot of indies being made at the moment are just taking ideas from old games and being sold as "like that one franchise you like but indie".

Middle one is cancelled

Paper Clone games I've been keeping up with

Scrap Story's art style is inconsistent. A lot of things clash and it looks ugly.
Middle looks decent, I guess.
Bug Fables just looks empty and unfinished.

I appreciate all these devs are trying to pick up the PM mantle. Though, it is unfortunate a game will never be made with the budget and talent of the original series.

youtube.com/watch?v=rwJsYhxaTBw

no?

Attached: 1559258463111.png (748x753, 1.01M)

The appeal of Paper Mario is the secondary OC Nintendo characters, not the paper gimmick nor the gameplay. They missed the point hard.

>same user made it
>you never will
I'm pretty jealous to be honest

creator said so on his twitter

I hate to admit it, but Color Splash nailed the paper aesthetic and none of those come close.

Attached: 2863011-wiiu_papermariocolorsplash_e32016_scrn_01_result.png (1280x720, 1.32M)

For all the complaints it and SS got, I don't think the visuals were ever a problem.

I mean the white outline is dumb but overall CS is probably the best looking game in the series I still haven't played it.

do we have female buggos?

pm1 and 2 didn't have a 'paper aesthetic'

It’s quite literally paper Mario but with bugs. Not that there’s anything wrong with that

>the appeal of Paper Mario is not the gameplay
Yeah that's why people loved Sticker Star

There are.

That's not a good thing exactly. Nintendo looked at the paper mario series and thought that the fans REALLY liked the paper aspect and focused on that instead of providing proper gameplay, characters, story, etc. No one fucking cares that you can turn into a fucking airplane or whatever

Well that's amazing. I remember seeing that guy starting work on this way back on agdg. Can't wait !

FUCK!

Back to nebbit, tumblr or whatever hugbox shithole you came from, retard dipshit.

LINK!

Attached: 929e9d83caef815344e674a663f067de6ef2eaadb0f3d0ce71e4473739e12c1c.jpg (625x552, 186K)

>Bug Fables
they really couldn't come up with something better? I guess it's better than "Paper Bugs" or whatever it was

>This is going to get revealed At E3
>Yea Forums chat is going to explode with "LOL RIPOFF"

>Why, pray tell, would they want to make something completely different from it just for the sake of being unique?
Groundbreaking games like Half-Life and Mario 64 only existed because creative people took the risk and tried something new. They had their sources of inspiration like everybody else, but by thinking outside of the box they found a new path and others soon followed them. No one would ever call Half-Life "Quake with scientists", because the game took a completely different path and became its own thing.

As for why this mindset is counterproductive, it's because there is no innovation, only the praise of mediocrity and laziness. It's easy to just copypaste someone's else work and sprinkle some other mechanics from other games. Unfortunately, this happens a lot with indies due to the huge boner for nostalgia people have.

>no xbox version
lmao

oh, cool

So....what does it introduce besides having one more party member in battle?

his twitter is adamgryu, he stopped working on that and is working on a new game now
maybe in the future he will pick it back up

2 did, take those glasses off grandpa

DOOM was just a reskin of Wolfenstein and yet became the template for all FPS of the era

2 did a bit more with it.

did you play the demo? it also added a hard mode which makes enemies stronger

>Why did he never try and make his character designs better?
This is what bugs me the most. The big green guy looks fine, but the bee and the tall bug look really off. Like, deviantART tier.

>not naming their game "Inksects"
missed opportunity

Attached: 1551477072929.jpg (337x404, 43K)

>a hard mode which makes enemies stronger
Okay, but what does it do with the Paper Mario formula? Is the only gimmick that everyone is a bug?

theres no focus on paper outside ashetic so it wouldnt make sense.

Oh wow Ive been seeing the dev post here for a while now, congrats on it going or almost going gold!

You're expecting innovation in the wrong place, fucko. The developers for Bug Fables are like three people, and only ONE of them is working on coding. They're an incredibly small indie team, and the leader is from a third world country to boot. The funds they got for the project only cover the bare minimum, you're expecting far too much. These are not AAA devs.

the focus on paper aesthetic doesn't make sense either

The battle system has three party members. The person in front gets a +1 damage boost but higher chance to be targeted. Theres a badge system that can play around with battle strategies by unlocking other abilities. You can give one characters turn to another which lets them act again but at a -1damage penalty.
Also all three can tattle and have unique dialogue for doing it. But thats a pretty minor thing

t. Notch

Even "Insectales" would have been better.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Ace of Spades instead, i dont blame the guy for leaving afterthe poor reception he got but going to redit was a mistake, next time i knew the game was looking pretty shit and ditched the great war influence for some generic modern warfare bullshit

Nigga, this guy said his new game is a side project

Doesn't mean he stop working on the other one

Attached: 1516251619003.png (568x541, 10K)

I dunno, I'd feel weird about promoting my game on Yea Forums. You guys would just dox me or something.

It's surreal to see that the bug game is out in the wild, though. If you're reading this, good on you.

Watch Nintendo pull a 180 and announce a proper Paper Mario rpg now.

well it didn't

From a marketing standpoint, wouldn't it be within the best interest of any dev here to cut ties completely once they decide to actually sell their game?

Reminds me of that one 3D platformer released the same week as Mario Odyssey. It was shit to begin with, but still kind of sad to see that.

>marketing standpoint
*sanity standpoint

Is this why they stopped posting in "why haven't you started your game yet user" threads. Also for the record Yea Forums has better game dev threads than whatever the fuck /agdg/ is.

Did Miyamoto kicked the bucket?

the dev stopped posting here because some shitposters would falseflag the game to death, mods even had to delete a few threads from how bad it was

never
ever
ever
happening

Attached: 1493415011041.gif (500x281, 963K)

Yes. Even pokemon sage, a /vp/ project cut ties with /vp/ once demo 3.1 came out. Devs want no association with this shithole, because the public thinks Yea Forums is a racist terrorist cell of minors with violent tendencies.

Attached: Pokemon sage aquarium.webm (512x384, 2.06M)

Nah that's only if you're a pussy.

are you talking about a hat in time? because that game was still hugely successful and i genuinely enjoy the controls in that way more than bing bing yahoo.

Attached: 1558382118978.gif (300x168, 121K)

Can't you just Google that

Doom expanded upon Wolfenstein and tried many different ideas. It wasn't just "Wolfenstein with demons", it played around with level design (less maze like), monster balance and usage, it was much more violent to the point of controversy, it introduced terrain changes, more enviromental interactions, and even popularized digital distribution.

While Wolfenstein was one of the pioneers, it was Doom that laid the ground for what we know as FPS today, so much that even back them you had Doom clones that took the same ideas but with a few twists (Strife's RPG mechanics, Duke's sense of humor, etc), but they merely held the candle for the game.

It feels like it's lacking some detail but the animations and camera movement look pretty spot on.

No, no. It wasn't that. It had some boy who looked like a Pokemon trainer as the protagonist.

That doesn't make any sense. You're not going to be able to sell a game that uses actual, copyrighted Pokemon. No money could possibly be made off of such a project, so public image shouldn't have been a concern in any way

You don't need to be AAA to be innovative. The first Zelda was innovative as fuck and that was back when anyone could make NES games on their garage.

poi?

Attached: H2x1_NSwitchDS_PoiExplorerEdition_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 159K)

Middle one looks like dumb kiddy shit, not the fun kind but rather the trite kind

It is, once again, hip to fuck bees.

>Also all three can tattle
My autism is going to compel me to make all 3 tattle on every single enemy, fuck

the only 3d platformers i remember from 2017 were snake pass, mario odyssey, yooka laylee, and a hat in time. i feel bad if another one released that year because certainly no one gives a fuck

>Even pokemon sage, a /vp/ project cut ties with /vp/ once demo 3.1 came out
...but what's the point of doing that for something free

You can see all three + the stock one in the journal once you tattle with any of them

>The first Zelda was innovative as fuck
You mean the game that was backed by a multi millionare company with dozens of employees?

Don't forget all the changes to movement. Wolfenstein is a slog to play, DOOM is like greased lightning sliding on hot butter.

the party tattles get added to the log so you only need to tattle once to read all 3 entries later

>you will never play a game that completely matches the magic of old Mario RPGs
All we'll get is decent indie clones and modern M&L. Better than nothing, I guess.

The same reason this guy did with Yea Forums. the mob of random anons coming in and shitposting 24/7 was a distraction. They went off to their own discord and told everyone else who wasnt doing shit to help with the development to fuck off.

Attached: sage.png (512x416, 69K)

They may try to create a commercial project after the free one, other indie devs have tried that with varying results.

Zelda was made by a multi-million dollar corporation. If you want to see what Zelda would look like if it wasn't, just look at Hydlide, which despite popular belief came out prior and was unpolished, buggy, and very clearly not playtested.

oh thank god

they can just change the assets and names later

So they can add it to a portfolio of work and leverage it into a proper job without being affiliated with mouth breathing neonazi trumptards

Same. Makes me sad that time passes so fast but happy for the guy behind the project. Good feeling

Attached: noelle.png (819x925, 712K)

Are you really using a 30+ year old game to prove that indie games can still be innovative? Of course Zelda was innovative for a time when video games were new. Now everything has been done, the most you can really do as a game dev is to build ontop of whats done and make it better, or combine elements genres.

>game set in a world with bugs
>can't even make out what the majority of them are even supposed to be
Why do so many of them look like this?

Attached: bug.png (910x916, 21K)

Attached: SPOILERS.png (643x422, 305K)

>So they can add it to a portfolio of work
Good luck getting "Pokemon fangame" by anything.

But that gave us cancerous shit like """"""""Soul-like"""""""" games.

Anyone could make NES games on their garage, but alas, the ones that actually made the innovative games you clearly adore so much were actual companies with good budgets, such as, oh I dunno, Nintendo. Everyone else, namely the people who "made NES games on their garage," made unplayable and mediocre shovelware.

oh look, the faggot that shilled his game on Yea Forums for years

Sprite work is sprite work dude. Granted only Raptor myself, Tileanon and Xex have any say with that.

I'm going to kill whoever designed this disgusting creature.

Attached: file.png (132x152, 46K)

I vaguely remeber the last thread we had anout this like a year ago and Yea Forums had their panties in a knot over this replacing/cloning paper mario lol

Where are all the rage and shitposts now?

That should have been the protagonist
Looks better than that crappy bee with the fucked up eye

Read the second part of my post. A high budget does help but throwing money at a project does not equal innovation.
>Are you really using a 30+ year old game to prove that indie games can still be innovative?
Yes, inovation doesn't age.
>Now everything has been done, the most you can really do as a game dev is to build ontop of whats done and make it better, or combine elements genres.
Nigga, people say this all the time, hell what you said is a mindset that is applied to technology as a whole and even beyond that. We haven't gotten to the point where there is nothing left to invent. Inovation is still possible, it's simply not an easy task since going beyond our foundations takes a lot of creativity.

better than the shit in the op

>Actually thinking it was him
The spite and salt levels of /agdg/ are genuine. Those guys will fucking dox you out of jealousy if you so much as show some modicum of talent.

>Where are all the rage and shitposts now?
You do realize that was false-flagging, right?

It was very relaxing to play, I liked it

Attached: osana reimu.jpg (304x304, 26K)

Ah yes all those Paper Mario clones like South Park and uhhhhh

I'm going to get this game because the creator has been working on it for years now and I'm honestly happy for him

>inovation doesn't age.
are you having a laugh

Attached: 1555490735975.gif (198x162, 1.12M)

>more bug games
Oh fuck yes

Attached: 1550163301729.jpg (474x853, 109K)

>A high budget does help
It actually does you moron, when you have money in the bank you're free to try and fail until you get it right, if you do not then you're going to either beg for money to continue after you failed or make sure your first shot at it is THE ONE

2 was the first game to go all out with the dude we're paper shit. Don't fucking lie.

Ironically, this is older than hollow knight.

I'm mildly retarded and fucked up the transparency

Attached: Dabbing Tanjerin.png (128x108, 10K)

You mean a few times in threads discussing fan PM games. After that, it was a dedicated shitposter whose antics probably caused the dev to become a full on tumblr/twitter user.

>Ink sex
Eh

>Tfw can code, art, write but can't into music.

>inovation doesn't age
minidiscs
laserdiscs
crts
casettes

Where's the fatposting

I got a game called Yissa Deep Realms where the dev was shilling free keys on Yea Forums.

Has some flaws, but it was pretty fun overall.

Next one is probably going to be completely different. They said they did everything they wanted to do with the Sticker Star style in Color Splash. Paper Mario is their experimental series.

So pay someone.

>

Attached: squilliam2018.jpg (2133x1200, 1.82M)

But I don't want to. I want to be able to understand music and compose it myself.

What fatposting?

Is /agdg/ really that petty? Any good stories?

>pokemon sage
Let's be real here. They weren't going to finish this in the first place. They're Mother 4 team tier autistic.

Then take classes or something.

You can always whore yourself to devs who are looking for an artist or an extra hand in the coding department

rude. we're already at 5th gym.

Attached: VivaceCity.png (1007x880, 270K)

just loop stock sfx in the background

Attached: 78467876.png (480x420, 7K)

This thing looks marketable. Like he should be a keychain.

This should have been an optional party member like mowz

t. His creator, who I'm going to murder.

Why do you think these people were hired to begin with? Fucking Itoi was just some random ideaguy who struck gold because his idea for a modern day RPG stood out. You are also ignoring publishers like Hudson and SquareEnix who grew BECAUSE the games they made were innovative.
What you said is a situation where the game's development takes more money to develop than you can afford. Indies have the advantage of being as expensive as you want them to be, to the point where even a single guy on his free time can make a successful game (see: Cave Story, Touhou). I will be fair and say that budgets do matter if your innovative ideas requires a particular equipment to even get started.

How many gyms will there be?

Will the keychains still be available?

Its always been the standard 8. but right now theres some complications with the desert area and the eronze admin

>Fucking Itoi was just some random ideaguy who struck gold because his idea for a modern day RPG stood out
>Struck gold
>Though Mother has been a dead franchise for more than a decade
Also, what are you implying? For Bug Fables's developers to get hired by fucking Nintendo? Get out of here with your ridiculous delusions. Not to mention that you're talking about Japanese developers, while Moonsprout Games' main dude lives in a fucking Hispanic third world country. Real solid comparison you made there, fucktard.

Now!

Attached: key.png (1672x756, 170K)

Holy shit is this how autistic we've become?
>wahhh make a new advance wars game cause nintendo wont!
>enter Wargroove
>LMAO TUMBLR NOSE SHIT GAMEPLAY FUCK YOU
fast forward
>wahhh no true ttyd successor
>enter bug fables
>nice everything we were wanting, looks great. wait...
>WTF NO Yea Forums REFERENCE OR SHOUTOUT? FUCK YOU
how fucking retarded are you guys? havent you learned from broquest or pokemon sage/clover? let alone vivian james? get it the fuck together, Yea Forums

>What you said is a situation where the game's development takes more money to develop than you can afford
Innovation needs money unless you live in a Communist hellhole, you think Nintendo never had to start from scratch while making one of the innovative games you praise?
> (see: Cave Story, Touhou)
Those are not innovative, Cave Story is a platformer/shooter and 2hu is a shmup with anime girls and bigger difficulty curve

Yea Forums is a lost cause. It's all a bunch of bitter Reddit faggots and zoomers trying to fit in at this point.

Looks bad Todd

>Yea Forums is one person
>taking shitposting seriously
>attempting to be the voice of reason on any board on Yea Forums
>attempting to be the voice of reason when you frequent the same board
>thinking Yea Forums can be fixed
Take a break, dude.

Attached: 1451846959295.png (696x393, 118K)

Wasn't the dev shilling this here many years ago?

I never commented on it before and will probably never play it desu.

>we
>guys (plural)
>Yea Forums is one person
read the post next time, retard

Attached: brainlet 2.jpg (791x800, 57K)

Attached: 1520172039230.png (1400x1066, 260K)

Dev used to post in dev threads frequently before falseflaggers started to attack him

Attached: whacka.png (218x193, 11K)

epic based wojack fellow redditor dabswagbruh

Now explain to me how replying with one of the 'new' shitty Wojak edits doesn't prove you are no better than the shitposters you're crying about.

Are you retarded?

thwack

>dodging the point
>heavily digressing
easy to see you dont know what youre talking about

>wojak-posting faggot telling Yea Forums to "get it together"

Bug Fables confirmed for unoriginal, literal TTYD clone with bees

Ah, my bad guys sorry, I guess I should've instead posted a picture of the three consolefags with smug looks and PC master race with crying frustration.
Good job avoiding the main argument and cherrypicking, dumbasses. Thanks for proving my point.

Counterpoint: ID made Wolfenstein and they were only a small team with a limited budget.
>Innovation needs money unless you live in a Communist hellhole
Read my post one more time
>Those are not innovative
That wasn't the point I was addressing, reread your own post I just replied to.

That's really cool if that actually was the dev themself. It's awesome to be able to create something of your own officially like a game just like a real studio.

I love Paper Mario and the aesthetic, but I personally see too many similarities to Paper Mario (which is probably intended, I'm just being autistic) so it ends up feeling like a cheap reskin to me.

> bugs
hard pass

I remember drawing some shitty cropped porn of this, the ice guy grabbing the bee from behind and the green beetle from the front. Don't have it anymore.

Also this looks seriously similar to hollow knight

>Thanks for proving my point.
Upvoted.

you dont have to fuck them, you can just play the game normally

youtube.com/watch?v=8CvqmD0CZao

And where did the Wolfenstein developers live? In a third world country with no venues of opportunity and growth?

youtube.com/watch?v=nP1-8KNJ0AE

I'm only ever going to remember this game by the guy shilling it with shitty crying wojak edits

>Good job avoiding the main argument and cherrypicking
Nice job following up your pointless cry with "ironic" hypocrisy and strawmen.

user, at this point we are just arguing about your own arbitrary definition of "limited budget", which I can't provide much for. Consider this my last reply.

I too remember how colorful Hollow Knight was.

Attached: ohno.png (420x420, 81K)

>Nintendo butchers its own IPs and fucks them up
>Indie devs step up and provide a service which customers want now that Nintendo no longer does it

Makes sense. I want a Mario Party in the vein of 2 and 3. Super Mario Party is a fucking joke.

The rooms are square. The original Paper Mario avoided squareness as often as it could, and TTYD did the same.
Squareness starts to infer a grid pattern and makes it feel a lot less real.

Fug man, the artist dev user who posts the progress on this is talented as fuck. Props to them.

Attached: 1545578389545.jpg (640x480, 92K)

>I want a Mario Party in the vein of 2 and 3.
You'd think you would have realized you weren't going to get it after 4-10.

I get why it happens and I am not against it, it just sucks on the bigger picture.

Attached: 494156156964.png (1804x1080, 407K)

Hey, 5 is the shit man. best MP next to 3.

>defending Super Mario Party for being barebones as fuck
Even Mario Tennis Aces has more content now.

soulless and jesus that soundtrack is bad

What's the big difference between the older and newer Mario Party games?

I only play the newer ones my friends own and don't care for the series much. There was one ridiculous one where all the players except Bowser were stuck on the same tile while the guy playing Bowser would roll like 10 dice to catch up to us and he could just reroll the entire batch of dice.

It's just not the same

Attached: Sad-Mario-1680x945.jpg (1680x945, 66K)

?????

>Advance Wars
Dead, replaced with Wargroove
>Paper Mario
Dead, replaced with Bug Fables
>3D Mario
Shit, replaced by A Hat In Time
>2D Zelda
shit, replaced by god knows how many games
>3D Zelda
Shit, replaced by any other open world game ever
>2D Metroid
See above
>Super Smash Brothers
Absolute shit, but everyone else is too retarded to make a proper replacement. Slap City was fun at least.

I used to be a huge Nintendo fan and even bought a Switch. I'd have sold the piece of shit if it wasn't for Splatoon. Literally the only interesting and fun series Nintendo has put out in years.

Attached: 1530460020069.jpg (807x659, 42K)

inkerton art makes my penis the big penis

you just wanted to post this image didn't you

Attached: 799E9CEC-7E5C-4143-A053-8BF56E7A8C7D.jpg (632x454, 109K)

>The only fun series in years is a COD4 reskin with children and hipster fashion cosmetics and terrible online.

Huh.

Any Mario Party past 5 is a fucking joke, and I consider 5 and 4 pretty mediocre. 2 and 3 are elder god tier games and I still bring them out and get drunk while playing them with my old friends. It never fails to leave everyone laughing their assess off throughout the entire night.

>5 mediocre
>Capsule shenanigans
>Best fucking boards ever
>Actually used PM characters.

Yeah no.

>Best fucking boards ever
Not him but they were fucking tiny and dangerously close to being straight-line-9 tier
Just admit you really, REALLY liked the tank mode

>want a Mario Party
You clearly don't.

>us
please tell me what you did