Was it really as bad as I was led to believe?

Was it really as bad as I was led to believe?

Attached: mass-effect-andromeda-cover.jpg (271x377, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5b6qH48bslA
youtube.com/watch?v=E5HF5-ehoxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nPOlAPsazHs&t
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah.

At this moment is cool, but don't expect something like ME2 ;)

Better than Anthem

I actually bought the deluxe edition for like $10. I figured why not, it's only $10.

I overpaid for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=5b6qH48bslA

1 > 3 > A > 2

Yes, but for different reasons. While everyone was memeing visual glitches and faces, the real problem is that the plot contains none of the pull that the original trilogy did. It somehow manages to make the idea of exploring a new galaxy as first humans seem so mundane and boring, and the villains, well, they just kind of are, nothing exciting on that front either.

Peak WRPG roleplaying, no doubt about it.

Attached: 1a4[1].gif (640x360, 2.82M)

Your points are valid but you must've played after the first weeks of overhauling and patching. I bought this shit at launch having a shred of faith in Bioware to maybe not suck, and i can tell you
>memes about faces and glitches
is not some small thing when it's shit like
>MY FACE HURTS
>*NPC walks mid-cutscene straight upwards like a fucking jetfighter and scans into the nearest wall, clipping their eyeballs into 500 copies smeared against the grainy textures
and
>sinister villain walks, camera follows, as he narrates threateningly
>suddenly all character models start sinking into the ceiling, upwards
>the narration doesnt pause or anything or even acknowledge what's happening, but within 10 seconds, all characters are in the skybox swirling in circles
>suddenly the villains face is smeared over the screen horribly distorted
>story continues as if nothing is happening

There's small glitches/inconsistencies, and literal immersion-ruining retard-tier production value collapse/trash

This game was overwhelmingly the latter.
After all its fixes and all its patches, its' still the former.

Absolutely this, visual glitches and shot are nothing compared to a shit plot with hardly anything of substance. And there was like 1 single fucking new race.. new galaxy, 1 new race, pathetic.

It has terrible animations, terrible mo-caption, terrible story. I think the only thing I genuinely liked from the game was the combat (and it was almost the same as me3).

Yes.

nice shitpost, faggot.

Based

never played it. what's it about? I heard it's thousands of years after the trilogy? are they trying to be star wars or something?

>buy 1+2 on Steam
>they come with EA CD keys
>activate 2 on Origin, but the key for 1 doesn't seem to work
>complain to Origin support
>"sorry, that's just how it is"
>appeal to muh proof of purchase, complain some more
>they give you the whole trilogy for free
>mfw I got 3 for free
>pirate the DLC right from their website
fuck yes, this was awesome

Attached: ed2[1].gif (500x375, 259K)

It's rehashing the trilogy in another galaxy 600 years later with weak justifications for everything.

got to 11 playthroughs in the first three weeks, paid zero dollars for it and felt ripped off. Gameplay is fine except for the melee lunging you forward 5 feet but the story is complete garbage.

Basically between the second and third game a bunch of idiots decided to go make a new better civilization in another galaxy but with blackjack and hookers, but seem to run out of money and had to rely on crowdfunding with a ticket as backer rewards judging by how everyone is either a fucking yuppie college liberal or the dregs of the military. They even made all the characters from the warrior race into welfare niggers, its a giant brown stain on the franchise.

Attached: More to life than this.webm (1172x720, 375K)

That's a pretty based way to end a conversation if you ask me, snapping your own neck and walking away.

I played it last year in French so it'd sound like The Sims to me and also alleviate the supposed garbage writing since I'm more forgiving when I read the subs than when I hear them. Character interaction is like someone trying to ape Joss Whedon but he doesn't have his wit so it falls flat all the time. I suggest not using the "funny" replies ever.

It has some cool features like if you use a dialogue archetype too much, in some scenes the MC will automatically reply with said archetype. It's like you're slowly building your character's personality. The quests are mmo tier and I can't remember a single big sidequest involving your companions. It's that forgettable. The highlight of the game is definitely the combat. It's the best in the series. Oh, also that cute white frenchie blonde femRyder I made. It was fun seeing her gallivanting around the place. At least, I had more fun with her than with my run of a femShepard. Must have been the open-world.

As for the companions, the only ones I remember is the Krogan and the Turian. They're also fun to use although the blue femShrek is good in battle too.

Attached: Cereal.jpg (139x140, 4K)

This sounds hysterical is there a video of this specific instance?

youtube.com/watch?v=E5HF5-ehoxQ

>not the better one
youtube.com/watch?v=nPOlAPsazHs&t

It was funny the first couple cutscenes. But this was nearly every cutscene, every dialogue. The game was 1000% fucked at release.

Yeah but I want to see a video. Im not looking to play the shitty game, I just want to laugh at it

Attached: The_Entire_Egg.gif (360x346, 648K)

The things that could have been redeeming are the core gameplay mechanics(shooting things/using skills), artstyle and movement, but it all suffers becuse of the story, characters, quests, crafting systems and general pacing.
If you want to play, I'd recommend listening to something in the background or just straight up put on a show or a stream.
Multiplayer was fun for a bit, but nothing really to keep me interested

>Character interaction is like someone trying to ape Joss Whedon but he doesn't have his wit so it falls flat all the time.
This.
I was getting pissed at the writing for Efvra as no matter how much you did (discovering ancient relics, saving enslaved scientists, finding and activating the last tower that activates the device that keeps the world terraformed literally saving his fucking world) he was a massive cunt and unnecessarily against working with you. I thought the choice of "I get shit done" would tell him to get fucked and throw how I did fucking EVERYTHING in his face, instead Shanghai Ryder decides to break out a Buffy quip.

Attached: Thats not what i fucking chose to say.webm (1280x720, 1.24M)

To this day, I still laugh at Gilbert's stupid sidequest. He's a lala prancing faggot that joins a re-population initiative, and then complains when he's told to start making children.
WHY THE FUCK DID YOU JOIN UP IN THE FIRST PLACE