>2019
>I am loved and remembered

Attached: 7485C5CC-5181-4D42-A71B-6908A0511427.jpg (679x329, 36K)

I have a 3DS instead.

Basically just using it as a GBA at this point.

Yes. 3 Vita threads lately. Hacking it make it amazing. It's a shame nu-Sony don't remember it.

My roommate asked me to get him a Vita, and the 3G JP unit I found on eBay for $95 arrived.

Near flawless condition, came with an 8GB memory card, updated to 3.70 but downgrading as we speak.

...I think I'll be giving him my old wifi phat unit and taking this for my own. user's getting a PSVSD!

I’m still mad that they never got a proper system seller for it, in style of something like GTA (San Andreas Stories, for fuck’s sake) or Monster Hunter - even if you didn’t care about the game in question, it would have at least inflated the userbase and made the console a more attractive platform to develop for.

I mean, I’m happy that it at least got some mileage as the niche weeb machine, but it would have been even better if it had more bigger releases on it in addition to the weeb stuff.

>tfw no kingdom hearts or Metal Gear Vita game

Attached: 1550281791780.png (231x218, 16K)

Damn $95 is a damn good price. Nice find!
Yeah it’s wild rockstar didn’t jump on it. It’s the perfect machine.
At the very least we got mgs collection. Better than nothing

Seriously was a good price. Thought something had to be wrong with it, but now that it's arrived and I'm using it - nope. It really was that good of a deal.

Based JP eBay sellers.

What color? I’m dying to get a second one in white. I just can’t find justification. I had a second phat one but I gave it to my friend

Sony entirely miscalculated what counts as system seller. Sure, Uncharted and Killzone may be big names in home console world, but almost nobody really wanted a portable iteration of them. After all, if you want to play a spectacle action game, isn’t it better to experience it on a big TV with a proper controller?

Just a bog-standard black. I have an orange slim I'm currently using, but shit man if I can use an OLED with a PSVSD while retaining the game cart slot that's good too.

>Why yes, I did buy a PS Vita 1k back in 2012

Attached: 1555464063936.jpg (1920x1080, 143K)

you got a lot of physicals?

Looks like a man who knows his stuff.

>Disgaea 1
>Disgaea 2
>Disgaea 3
>Disgaea 4
>Jeanne d'arc
>Persona 3P
>Persona 4 Golden
>Indies like Binding of Isaac, Spelunky, etc
>Trails of Cold Steel 1
>Trails of Cold Steel 2
>Danganronpa
>Danganronpa 2
>Danganronpa V3
>Shitload of PS1 games
>Shitload of other random PSP games

Wasn't the greatest system ever, but I got a lot of mileage out of it

60+ physicals my dude, I've been using my PSTV with its USB HDD to make my own backups, actually haven't pirated a Vita game.

>had a dream where I missed out on a $20 PSTV so I took up heroin to cope

Attached: 1459179996701.jpg (238x192, 14K)

goddamn, that's a massive collection. good shit. got the vanillaware games?

>mGBA still sucks
>gpSP on retroarch as stuttery
>the ther GBA emu on retroarch has fucked up sound
>gpSPkai via adrenaline has input lag

Attached: 1111111111.jpg (427x427, 78K)

and thats a good thing, they finally stoped ruining the best consol with thir dirthands.

Damn mine's only at 45

Try out Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines if you haven't.

Actually got all of those digital, but yeah.

60+ and counting. Fata Morgana tomorrow!

mGBA is a fucking enigma. Everyone sucks that emulators dick but literally every single game I've tried with the most recent version ran like shit.

>Actually got all of those digital, but yeah.
Fun fact: Muramasa Rebirth and a few other old vita carts actually saved everything onto the game cart and took up no space in the memory card (DLC content included).

Still too pricey for me to buy for ps1 emulation when I already have a PSP that can do that.

I literally put my vita to get fixed. Expect to pick it up by Sunday. Gonna hack it, play some dissidia versus a buddy.

thank you, Yea Forums

>bought a used Vita a week ago
>all the memes about it having no games were true

Attached: mfw46.gif (364x476, 644K)

playing through Sigma Plus, it's insane a game this good is on a handheld
ok

You buy it for ps1 games on the go.
And Muramasa.

>or Monster Hunter
You know the best part about that? When the World rumors and announcement happened everyone wondered why Sony just didn't pay for a Vita game.
But everyone who said that got called a Nintendofag anyway,

Attached: tfw_no_vitabro.gif (245x263, 2.75M)

>but almost nobody really wanted a portable iteration of them.
It's not like that, I mean, Nintendo managed to make a portable version of Smash on 3DS and it sold better than the Wii U version not to mention the Switch so there's clearly a market for these console games on a handheld.
The real problem was that the games were liquid shit, couldn't maintain a consistent framerate and had more screen tearing than a video of Michael J Fox trying to use scissors on paper.

There are plenty of niche games on it. I'd recommend Soul Sacrifice Delta if you want some hunting action

I wouldn't say that, user.

Attached: 2019-05-30-212648.png (960x544, 111K)

It's funny how many launch titles do this. For example, UMvC3 actually has a writeable partition on its card but STILL forced you to have a mem card to save.

You learn a lot about how different devs develop games when curiosity strikes you when making game backups.

You know there's a problem when it's been hacked but there's still no games worth playing on it.

is it worth buying one for my mother? she loved the psp playing some random card games and sudoku to pass the time. she even broke the x button from pressing it millions of times.

just buy her a low end ipad or something

i bought her a samsung tab s4 a year back and she keeps playing solitaire and mahjong nonstop. I tried to show her limbo or inside which is a puzzle game but to no avail

Just buy her an old shitty tablet.

My mom is using my 3DS for exactly that. The stylus and touchscreen works really well together for those casual games.

Get her Picross 3D and Picross 3D Round 2.

Why the fuck would anyone buy a Vita when the 3DS exists?

>have a bunch of rhythm and mecha games I wanted to try installed
>end up playing MHFU and MHP3rd exclusively
It's all about fun but still...

Man I like FU and all but playing it on a Vita is fucking torture on the hands.

Not him but I played MHFU on Vita quite a bit.

...I still clawed. Old habits die hard.

I've thought about it, but she's often very reluctant to learn new games and new rules. She just sticks to what's already familiar to her.
I guess I'll download it and give her the option to try it if she happens to be up for it.

Not that guy but I think clawing is legit superior way of playing MH. Movement and camera control on your left hand makes it so you can just rest your right hand on the face buttons and don't need to worry about camera control at all.

Agreed. I don't claw on MHW or MHGU, but I *did* for MH3U on Wii U. Even used my Classic Controller Pro specifically so I could do so.

My mom is playing the 3DS, there is probably more Mom games on the 3DS/DS for her, mine got a shit load of DS games (layton, puzzle, point&clicks...) and she still play ACNL everyday since its out.

I'm worldbab and already played MHGU on switch for few hundred hours, so using right stick for camera controls comes pretty natural for me.

>How could you tell?

Attached: 1551745461095.jpg (831x1024, 68K)