When did you realize that Mario Maker 2 is going to be an absolute disaster?

When did you realize that Mario Maker 2 is going to be an absolute disaster?
For me it was when they hard locked night themes behind gimmicky garbage (haha the stage is flipped upside down, so funny xD), when Nintendo failed to add more than 3 enemies to the sequel while missing out on a huge number of key enemies, when the entire game will basically be a $60 mario maker game with all of the same shit as the first mario maker besides slopes and 3D World theme.

>inb4 "w-w-we don't know if the night themes are locked behind gimmicks"
We do and we always have, it was even shown in one of the Japanese streams the other day that it was locked but now GameXplain themselves have confirmed it.

Attached: Super Mario Maker 2.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

giving a shit about stuff like "key enemies" is such autism when there are actual problems, like the online being pointlessly gimped yet again, features that were IN the first game being stripped out, and obvious easy quality of life fixes still not made

Not enough improvements but multiplayer is kino so I look forward to that.

What are some good Mario Maker youtube channels that don't scream like absolute retards like DGR and don't spell "Goomba" as "GUMPA" unlike Ceave Gaming?

I just hope they change their mind about the "You can't play online with friends" thing, one of the major reasons why I wanted to get it was so I can play it with my buddy

Where's my 3D level editor? I dont want this babby 2D shit

>Ceave
Ceave is a great channel tho

>no mystery shrooms.
>online is randos only.
Dropped.

Attached: 1558399908768.gif (255x183, 701K)

His austrian accent is too distracting at times.

Ryukahr is unironically a good YouTube creator.

By the end of the day, people will still eat it, but only because it's what they end up getting stuck with. The whole "rando people" online is probably to incentivate you to meet new people while keeping old friends apart and to avoid leader scoreboards to become a complete mess, even though that won't stop them from getting hacked or messed by some odd joe or jane.

It's a Mario game, alright, but at the same time, completely relies on peoples' creativities as to not bother actually making a whole new 2D game with levels developed by them or with a actual meaningful plot other than entirely devoted to the game's gimmick.

Jesus, it's New Super Mario Bros. 2 all over again.

Attached: Throw DS into the lava as I melt away.gif (200x141, 121K)

>implying the 3D Maker won't be the third installment
keep up user

>meaningless cosmetic adjustments are more important than tying function to visual presentation
Imagine being this much of a brainlet

looking forward to see seething autists get btfo as the game becomes a huge success both commercially and critically

It includes a 100 course campaign you sourpuss.

I like CarlSagan42.

Remember when Mario Maker 1 launched and never received any content updates?

>The whole "rando people" online is probably to incentivate you to meet new people
Yeah I love "meeting new people" only to not be able to communicate with them or play with them ever again once the level is over. Do you people even think for a split second before you make stupid posts like this?

Wow, I wonder how long it took them to completely reuse assets to make levels that aren't completely new.

I'm not sure why you're expecting a brand spanking new Mario platformer not even two years after Odyssey.

How the fuck am I to understand Nintendo's whole point in this? It could be for that and acknowledging levels are being made by these people, I don't fucking know. You see what, their nicknames and level designs once and that's it? This whole thing is for the whole novelty of fanbase creativity and acknowledging it exists, but it sure ain't doin' much to promote following or communication.

I like Nintendo, but these decisions are still ass backwards for the point of something we're clearing not "understanding", even though there might have been a much better way to handle it.

Attached: Big Massif Beef.png (248x253, 46K)

>features that were IN the first game being stripped out
No one will even remember the mystery mushrooms or MM1 at all a month after MM2's launch

>let me nitpick this trivial shit and ignore all the 90% of improvements over the first game that makes it look like an absolute joke and a beta test prototype

Attached: 1558983361071.jpg (465x466, 24K)

we don't know if the night themes are locked behind gimmicks

this

I said 2D, not 3D. Nintendo is clinically stunted until the day they decide we've had enough Super Mario Maker for the day and reveal something of their own that distinguishes itself from NSMB and Super Mario Maker that takes it a step forward beyond relying on fanbase input.

a few ones like checkpoint and bouncer donuts.

>huge number of key enemies

If you're going to suggest that Chargin' Chucks are "key enemies", they're not - especially since they've barely been in any games since their debut in SMW.

Which will probably have no replay value upon completing it.

>never received any content updates
Apart from glitch fixes, checkpoints, pink coins/keys/key doors, Fire Clown Car, bumpers, and skewers...

Attached: 1554061739332.jpg (256x224, 20K)

It was sarcasm, retards
People think MM2 will launch and the base game will be it and nothing else.
Obviously this shit is going to get patches and content updates.

People are going to complain about night mode with the forced gimmick and patch in an option to just toggle it on/off without the gimmick.

>when they hard locked night themes behind gimmicky garbage
But you can use night theme without the upside down meme. It's shown in the trailer.
For me, it died when they removed the mistery mushroom.

I'm just a little dumbfounded they got rid of mystery mushrooms. I dunno, maybe it would've been more work, but I don't see why they didn't just recycle the ones from MM1 at least (asides from some of the licensed ones). Moreso, because that means the old 100 Mario challenge is gone. Going through a random gauntlet of 10 rando stages was one of the funnest things to do with friends.

I guess now the main schtick is gonna be who can get farthest in endless

When you say stupid shit like "oh well they probably wanted (illogical ass-pull reasoning)" you come off as a drone who just accepts being fucked over. Instead of reaching for some excuse to justify it, acknowledge it as a design oversight and a lack of understanding the customer's expectations and desires. Voice your dissatisfaction using any communication channel you can and drive home that they absolutely fucked up and that changes are expected.

Ryukahr is the only one I like. Trihex is okay, but he spends too much time gossiping about internet drama and fucking around with chat. The rest are literal spergs or rage-baiting clickbait farms.

Mew2King playing with Plup is pure kino

the mystery mushrooms were nothing more than a cute gimmick and to be honest, small mario shouldn't be able to take 2 hits anyway

The Incredible Paco.

Patrician and wholesome

Why would it have any more or less replay value than any other 2D Mario game? Nobody plays Mario for the story.

100 courses is more than adequate considering the main focus of the game is creating/sharing your own content. This is such a dumb point to try turning into a negative.

Yea online randos is a legitimately retarded idea.

>you come off as a drone who just accepts being fucked over

How can I be a drone when anything I say is pointless and can only amount to criticizing while people buy it in bulks blindly? If even one criticism is accepted, it's pure luck. I hate franchise saturation, but the fanbase seems to be stuck in a cycle of complaining but still purchasing it by the end of the day.