Unpopular opinions

Fallout NV was the worst 3D fallout game

Attached: 1550843883955.png (1033x693, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C-eipdzpv74
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Zelda OOT is no better than the other Zeldas, it's not even at the top.

More like fucking retarded opinions

I would have agreed with this before 76.

Literally retarded.

Based.

Borderlands tps is a fun game and handsome jack's story is pretty great

Final Fantasy VII isn't that good.

what's with this retarded fucking take all over the place lately? did all the zoomers decide to start playing this game at the same time?

Fallout and the Elder Scrolls would've been a series of forgotten mediocre games if it wasn't for their fan's extremely high tolerance to game bugs and a thriving modding community.

All 3D fallouts are bad.
The gameplay is just broken, abuse pathfinding to win. The combat is a fundamentally broken concept.

For all flaws, at least the original's grid and action points were a functional system.

>464109083
>implying Fallout 76 is better than NV
Are you sure you want to die on this hill for a couple (you)s user?

Attached: 8ed.jpg (1200x461, 80K)

fuck cats

All The Witcher games suck.

>he's scared of a picture of a cat

>Zoomers
I'm 29, you need to take the nostalgia glasses off you fucking troglodyte.
You only like it because you played it when you were a kid, OOT is bested in most categories by the DS entries, that's to say.

I think more games should go into the boys club territory. Like men doing stupid shit. Early tf2 had that feeling for a while before the community invited itself to much. Mordhau currently has it but I know they will fuck it up, especially if they start to cater to the crowd who cries for female knights, then it is all downhill for that game.

Attached: 1448582540926.jpg (557x385, 43K)

I'm 26 and it's still my favorite game. I replay it regularly and it still holds up incredibly.

If you seriously think any of the DS games are better than OOT I suggest you be the one to take off your nostalgia glasses because it seems like you're still stuck in the "3D zelda games can't be good" era that has passed over two decades ago

The true main reason why so many people dislike Dark Souls 2 is that it's too hard for them.

That's just a shit opinion, not an unpopular one

New Vegas wasn't the worst one, but it's not that much better than 3. NV is just Fallout 3 with slightly better writing.

Protip : noasalgia doesn't fade if you're in denial.
TP, WW and MC are all equally good, the DS games (and others) are a notch under that, and then there's OOT, not at the bottom, but nowhere near the top, it's skyward sword tier.

I refuse to believe anyone would put Fallout 76 above any other game.

The 360 and xbone controllers are the worst controllers to date.
The wii u pro controller is only good for it's symmetrical sticks and huge battery life, the shape is awful.

Inclusion is the most important thing in a video game and I'm glad that Western developers are finally cutting back on the gratuitous objectification of women. Hopefully in time we can have video games that aren't so... I don't know, gross?

Protip: nostalgia isn't a factor just because you say it is

>it's skyward sword tier

alright i'm done talking to you, you're obviously completely braindead

It's a masterpiece that has aged badly

Another clean victory for anti oot chads, keep Sóying over le best zelda FAGGOT.

e.y.e is mediocre at best

correct but also wrong

delete this

not by much, desu.

The draw of that game is purely from an ironic standpoint. Its weird ass story combined with its unpolished as fuck mechanics that make zero sense are why people play it.

Even compared to Fallout Brotherhood of Steel? Yeah, no.

Attached: 51M99DEAJ4L._SY445_.jpg (334x445, 28K)

Not him but I jumped when I opened the OP picture, he should've added a jumpscare warning.

It's a shit game with genius hidden inside of it.

all fallouts are the worst fallout game.

Dual bladed lightsaber is the best weapon in Jedi Academy

Attached: saber_blades.jpg (1024x1024, 52K)

I would put it at equal to TP. TPs high points are better than OoT but it's Wolf sections give it worse low points. Wind Waker is the only Zelda game I can't replay because some sections are thoroughly awful. Skyward sword is gimmicky but fun when it works so I'd put it above WW, though I've never really tried to replay that one.

BotW is the best Zelda game though it's marred by some voice actors being meh.

>BotW is the best Zelda game though

The lack of good items, good temples and good bosses makes BotW a very low ranking zelda.

I don't even know what to think of E.Y.E. I played it for 150 hours and I'm still convinced I had a fever dream.

>retarded opinion is unpopular
WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED?

Classic wow should get new expansions instead of tbc.

They should make it so the game progresses with expansions every 2 years or so, and after some time they should start another server starting from vanilla

Still fucking lightyears ahead of Link to the Past.

I'd rather they redo old scrapped content ideas as a "we have the technology to make this work now"

Theres 2D Fallout games?

What ideas would they be, I don't quite follow their scrapped ideas. I'd rather have the whole game shut down and reworked like FFXIV but that's never gonna happen. More importantly, do you think Upsidedown Hangmen will be open in Classic?

Go back to work, Todd

GTA IV is fun.

Here comes the really unpopular part: That has been my opinion since launch.

That's not unpopular that's just flat-out wrong.

Mount Hyjal for starters, and Gilneas.

Super Paper Mario is amazing. As good as TTYD and Paper Mario.

Attached: paper-mario-img.900x.jpg (900x506, 59K)

dunno if it's popular or not but i think nintendo should make a new 2d mario game that's either like sonic mania (revisiting old levels / worlds, mechanics from different 2d games) or something brand new
not 2.5d mind you, 2d pixel mario
also no gimmicks like cappy or fludd unless they're just fun gameplay elements like yoshi that you can ignore completely

The temples and bosses are solid they just lack their own unique themes or identities that would help them stand out among themselves. There are definitely items you can find that you can be glad you got. Powerful weapons and those tools that affect the games physics engine are invaluable, but once again as they lie outside the typical Zelda engine of being found halfway through a dungeon or a sidequest, instead being the reward for quests, they again don't really stand out.

The base game that these functions lie in is far and away the best system that has ever been implemented for a Zelda title. The game simply eschews the distinct images and memories most Zelda titles leave behind, and instead provides a highly enjoyable haze of unique experiences.

Grim Batol pre-cata

There is a difference between unpopular and factually wrong. You clearly have no idea what the difference is.

Attached: 1403024095529.jpg (419x458, 15K)

Just beat pre sequel today and I'm not really convinced personally about Jack. I must admit I didn't do much side content so I could have missed something but the jump from hero to obvious bad guy after the eye got destroyed seemed forced with him calling them bandits and everything immediately. It seemed rushed to me. I will say I like him a bit better now, pretty much any interaction with him outside of either quipping at you over the ECHO or being super edgy is an improvement.
I enjoyed the game well enough, wilhelm was fun, getting your action skill at level three was nice even if I didn't care for wolf and saint. Weapons felt good overall with cryo seeming kind of strong, maybe too much?. Sentinel was a bit of let down, the E gun just fucked him in the ass. Low gravity was fun. Can't get the urge to farm or grind stuff like I did with 2 though, and the austrailian voice acting can be pretty annoying. Pickles is fucking annoying.
Can't say I played it online during its height but isn't that just correct? I guess strong style single is really good though.

AFPS games are boring as fuck to git gud at and are the primary reason why they die. I say this as someone who actually does play Quake Live

Doom 2016 was mediocre though I am very excited for Doom Eternal

Tak 1 and 2 are criminally underrated games and I'm honestly surprised they don't get more attention

Fucking this

Baba is You is painfully unfun. For every good, brain teasing puzzle there are 2-3 where the solution will come about fucking with shit until something happens, looking up the solution, or doing something by accident to where feel you got the solution by glitching the game out. Either the dev doesn't know pacing or is a pretentious, soi guzzling faggot that thinks he's being clever

Subnautica is a chore to play through. Especially once you realize how easy it is to run away from almost every enemy. Loses all sense of fear immediately after

Minecraft didn't get worse. You got older

Tom Petty and The Red Hot Chilli Peppers are ridiculously overrated and just dry and boring as hell in their songs

Call of Duty is trash and was always trash. Halo is trash too but not as bad as CoD. They're not very unpopular opinions but I feel like they'll be in a few years.

Attached: 1419211770291.jpg (500x375, 33K)

Star Fox Adventures is the best SF game in the franchise

Dragon Isles, scrapped vanilla zone.

Attached: Dragon_Isles_render_2.jpg (1680x1050, 400K)

if someone has an opinion that is generally considered to be wrong since most people have the opposite opinion that opinion is unpopular

I entirely agree with your opinion

I only play CoD for the single player

You can't mental gymnastic your way around that his opinion is factually wrong, not merely disliked. On that logic, Flat Earthers are right too because they are unpopular.

>I say this as someone who actually does play Quake Live
So as someone whose opinion doesn't matter

Explain your reasoning?

>Needs to use bait to start a discussion
Here lies Yea Forums
It never died, it just rotted to the point of being in a similar state.

More people started voicing their opinions. Opinions that aren’t your own

notice he gave a very general idea of his opinion about the game. he said it is the worst 3d fallout game but he didn't elaborate as to why that's the case. until he gives reasons as to why he thinks that way that could be proven wrong, it's just an opinion. an opinion can't be wrong unless your reasoning is flawed
also, flat earthers present their beliefs as facts rather than as an opinion so they are irrelevant. have you ever seen a flat earther saying "IN MY OPINION the earth is flat"?

Copyrights and royalties made from brand recognition should not last longer than 5 years at most.

Attached: 69AF52EC-EB8E-4368-A60C-C4F2E55CAD6C.jpg (1024x1024, 83K)

This post is too smart for Yea Forums. And for me

Companies should not be allowed to Jew someone for something they made 30 years ago.

I see. Well in that case I think 10 years would be more reasonable than 5, desu

It’s the best out of all of them. Well written story, crazy glitches, fun online, driving that takes skill, etc. I still play the online once in a while.

Alright how does this sound. Video games made two console generations before should become public domain

Then companies would probably try to make ps3/x360 long generations. I see where you're coming from, though

Then I’d go with your idea but knock the years from 10 to 7

how can anyone even have this opinion?

Devil May Crys combat system is lazy because it relies on a score system instead of having the enemies push you to mix up your combos.

All story heavy games are bad.

Attached: the irony is that I'm not even defending GOW, i just love poking out inadequacies.png (1456x1768, 3.2M)

Say that to my face fucker not online

Attached: 7E8F4F68-FB67-47DE-ACA4-69AAECCAE8DC.jpg (294x171, 5K)

yeah 10 years is more reasonable
however it'd be even better if by the time those 10 years run out, if the game gets re-released on a new console or something (remake, remaster, etc.) it should be provided for free to previous owners
it's a lot easier to do it now because every console requires an account now and re-releasing games over and over exposes them to more people while people who already bought would keep having the game forever

Bioshock did that I believe. The remaster didn’t look that great though.

>game whose latest installment has over 70 hours of cutscenes

YIKES

That's patently false, DMC games are filled with enemies that are 100% designed to fuck your combo flowcharts. The only problem is that DMC is designed around that cool factor and the devs solve the "problem" in really annoying fucking ways like enemies that stay out of reach, enemies that can't be juggled, enemies that are always shielded, enemies that teleport away the second you graze them, etc.

Sure, that works. Of course, it wouldn't have to be set in stone. I suppose it could vary how ''revolutionary'' the game is, I don't know how that would be measured though

>visual novel has a lot of words
color me surprised
it's still a great game

Fallout NV is the only good Fallout.

Attached: 1558324416934.jpg (640x628, 323K)

>visual novel
>game

Attached: tenor.gif (220x293, 47K)

Do it for him

Attached: BA360C61-FB1D-498F-8AF7-2B3659EF8486.png (817x1865, 1.18M)

It's not a game. For once I agree with ACfag, JRPGs and VNs are bottom of the barrel trash with barely any interactive elements. You might as well call a literal Disney DVD a video game because it has menus.

it has gameplay
it is a video game

I wouldn’t make any exceptions, though I would argue that sequels can still be made.

wtf I love DVD menus now?!

Give Dangan a try. The actual non getting through the story gameplay is great.

All pokemon games after gen 3 are shit

i agree with you but to be fair jrpgs do qualify as games
wow, does that mean reading a book counts as gameplay?
maybe if i read a lot i'll be diagnosed with vga and get neetbucks

Oblivion is the best game in the Elder Scrolls series.

>unpopular
You mean extremely contrarian and retarded.

GTA V is one of the most overrated game of all time.

>Baba is You is painfully unfun.
It can be. I really liked the concept of the game, but I got stuck on a puzzle in the third level/world, and trying to figure it out feels like work. I'm not trying to sound unga, but I don't feel like trying to plan ahead 5-6 moves because I know that somewhere down the line there will be puzzles that will require even more planning. Its just not for me.

Attached: pikabread.jpg (300x300, 24K)

Battlefield is shit since 3 and Bad Company 2 is the most overrated game in the series.

Nioh on release >>> trash >>> Nioh now

Zelda is a shit franchise and the only games approaching good in the series are complete outliers.
>Zelda II
>Majora's Mask
>Breath of the Wild
Zelda is only ever good when it is betraying the core tenants it settled on back during A Link to the Past, which itself was a dogshit slog that is only beloved because it's all of the bad shit about later iterations but without any of the cinematic cutscenes that Ocarina and on have.

Metroid almost has the same problem regarding Super vs. the Prime games, but Zero Mission is an actually good game.

Attached: 1558816496028.jpg (901x853, 119K)

Brigitte and Ashe are the only worthwhile Overwatch girls.

Force Awakens and Solo are bad and Last Jedi is incredibly shit, but Rogue One is pretty good. Felicity Jones actually has an arc and the visuals/action are stunning.

Attached: 3a9.gif (480x270, 3.48M)

Morrowind is shit and had one of the worst combat system in any rpg ever made.

>Phoenix Wright is not a game
Gee. This is not even unpopular.

There's literal minigames, puzzles, and core contradiction-finding gameplay in Danganronpa, it's not just picking choices. Stop spouting logical extremes, this isn't freshman debate class.

It’s also technically a 3D point and click adventure with paper cutouts

I love Zelda as a rule but your "acceptable" Zelda game choices makes me think you've thought this opinion through a great deal and are therefore based. I even see where you're coming from on ALTTP, a couple years ago I would have been outraged since I considered ALTTP my favorite Zelda game but after having replayed it more recently I think it's way too easy. You can stick the controller in your mouth and chew your way to the credits so on that virtue ALTTP is kind of boring

>not liking mei
>Yea Forums shit in my video game board
what the fuck
it's not the focus though, those "games" are primarily books

>minigames and puzzles on par with God of my Wife's son and The Last of Uncharted
>this now makes it a video game

Attached: 1557263794129.jpg (1024x1024, 78K)

It’s more like Clue but you’re stuck playing as General Mustard.

consoles are for casual faggots

This is the truth.

Yes, it's interactive enough to be reasonably defined as a video game. I don't care about your "w-well actually my specific definition of a video game includes at least 68.7% percent of the experience including immersive gameplay!" autism. By 99% of the world's definition, Danganronpa is a video game. If you wanna call shit like Katawa Shoujo not vidya you have a reasonable argument, but denying story driven games is contrarian retardation.

Agreed.

>By 99% of the world's definition, Danganronpa is a video game
By 99% of the world's definition, TLOU, Uncharted, God of War, Gone Home, Horizon, and The Order 1886 are games. So are these people trustworthy? Are they truly?

if the majority of a pencil is made out of wood but the part at the top where the eraser goes is made out of some sort of metal, is it reasonable to call a pencil a metal object?
i don't play on console but i don't really get this opinion
what exactly makes a person who plays primarily on a console a casual?

It would set off a metal detector so yes, it's a metal object. Your analogies are bad, by the way.

>hits you twice with strong style
nothing personnel

These stupid pictures of cats and dogs looking right into the camera getting posted nonstop is getting really tiring.

Attached: 1533175555670 2.png (692x677, 538K)

There's nothing wrong with a game being easy as long as the game is good. Breath of the Wild is easy as hell at least when I played it through it on its first patch the day that CEMU supported it, I don't know if the hard mode they released for it is cancer or actually good, but it's leaps and bounds ahead of every console release since the NES. It's not even a earthshattering 10/10 GOTYAYEY thank you Nintenders for this gift to humanity I'm gonna go jerk off to Zelda's big fat hotpants ass now, but they managed to take a risk by making something completely different and it paid off with a good, solid, if a bit frustrating at times game. Zelda 2 is good because it blended platforming and action-adventure and gave it a nice difficulty curve that makes failure sting just hard enough while making success immensely rewarding. Majora's Mask inherited a lot of the bad aspects of Ocarina but made an extremely compelling world and story which, paired with the time mechanics when the remake isn't watering it down for casuals, makes Termina feel like as real of a place filled with as real of people as you could hope for on a late N64 title.

I hope Nintendo has the sack to iterate and improve on BotW while telling LttP cocksuckers to get stuffed. I highly doubt it, anything good coming out of (first-party) Nintendo these days is on accident, but an optimistic part of me wants to believe.

what exactly makes a person who plays primarily on a console a casual?
They’re stuck on the disability that is auto aim

but even if the metal detector detects metal, the pencil is still wooden
>"game" mostly consists of reading text
>there's short segments with gameplay
>it appears on a store that sells video games despite the gameplay not being the major part of the "game"
just because the store, or the "game detector" if you will, sells this product, it doesn't mean it's an actual game
but there are many games on consoles that aren't shooters

>NV before bug fixes and mods
Sure
>NV after bug fixes and mods
Nah, one of the best RPGs ever

Attached: 1542243606320.jpg (100x84, 11K)

That’s true, and most of them are AAA movie games with Nintendo being an exception.

Witcher 3 looks great but is pretty boring beyond the visuals. Call of Duty is shit besides BO 1 2 and WW2.

surely not everyone plays those movie games exclusively though, right? i mean, it's a lot easier to just go online and watch a movie on a streaming site

Look at how many people willingly pay for JRPGs and you'll see how sad the state of the industry is.

>haha I love paying 60 bucks for a 10 minute cutscene with zero interaction haha

i dunno, even though those people get laughed at here daily it still doesn't make sense to me they'd actually do that

you'd be surprised. You know that guy who goes into Xenoblade threads and spams the "japanese humor" webm? I found it funny until I got more indepth into the game, and found this little nugget of a sidequest.

youtube.com/watch?v=C-eipdzpv74

20 minutes of non-gameplay for the sake of a joke. This is your average JRPG.

The engine makes all 3d fallouts terrible

you mean wrong opinions

I think Brawl is better than both 4 and Ultimate, though worse than Melee, which itself is less fun than 64.

Attached: brawl1.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

That's just a fact

>The engine what makes every quest in nv a glorified fetch quest
Yikes

Side content involving Jack is mostly misc stuff, the only side quest that was relevant to his descent to madness was one where he’s so angry at the Meriff for trying to shoot him that he has you collect audio diaries that belong to him, take the quote ‘I’m biggest arse on the moon!’ he shouts when he’s self loathing about selling out Hyperion to the Lost Legion to save his town and turn it into a mixtape for all of Concordia to hear while his statue gets defaced in a firework show

yeah brainlets always hate new vegas

xenoblade x is the best xenoblade game

xenoblade 1 is boring and trash

3d fallouts are not cool, even if you mod the enemies to be 5 times harder and you 5 times weaker, they feel like easy fucking baby games.

>only brainlets hate unfinished buggy games
Not a Bethesda Fallout fan, those are even worse

Underwater combat in MH was good.
Also, barring Demon Ruins due to the fact that it was unfinished, the "drop in quality" after Anor Londo in Dark Souls wasn't as bad as everyone says.
Also holy shit, I might not have even been able to finish New Vegas on my first playthrough due to how buggy it was causing me to encounter glitches that would make saves unsalvageable, but it is in no way the worst. I should probably play it with an unofficial patch or something, I have it on Steam but it just sits there uninstalled.

All elder scrolls games suck
Bayonetta sucks
Dark souls is overrated (still good)
The competitive scene killed fighting games
Western games are generally better than most Japanese games
Good Japanese games are made by Westaboos(Kojima, Suda, Swery)
An objective rating for games is impossible, even a 2/10 can be a 9/10 to the right person
The 360 controller isn't really as great as people say

I could name many more, but I feel I have rustled enough jimmies

Final Fantasy VIII was excellent

Overwatch's gameplay design focus on team synergy and moment to moment unit cooperation is an amazing feat and is nothing short of a mastery of hero mechanical design. It is a damn fucking shame that the game ended up being pvp.

Attached: 1547997691622.jpg (1229x646, 38K)

>An objective rating for games is impossible
Based as fuck. This understanding should be the norm amongst anybody with a triple digit IQ and/or a high school degree.

Attached: Delet_this_C_U_N_T.jpg (1080x1099, 516K)