What games genuinely belong in the discussion with OOT for the best game ever?

What games genuinely belong in the discussion with OOT for the best game ever?

Attached: Ocarina of Time.jpg (800x554, 83K)

Actual good games, not a giant Japanese circlejerk

fpbp

Doom and tetris are eternal, OOT is not

SM64
FF7
Symphony of the Night
Dark Souls 1
Bloodborne
HL1, Skyrim, Minecraft and a handful of other games also apply if modding is allowed

Attached: pant.gif (981x1152, 43K)

Seething contrarians

Nothing because there is no such thing as an undisputed best just like any other media and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking idiot.

>Dark Souls 1
>Bloodborne
>HL1,
>Skyrim,

Attached: 1558221364003.jpg (1024x710, 137K)

OoT isn't even the best game in the Zelda series.

The only game on his list that should be pointed out and ridiculed is Minecraft.

>Wow dude how dare you not have the opinion I do?

OOT literally is the Godfather, SGT: Peppers & Spirited Away of video games. Whether you like it or not it will always be synonymous with "Best Game Ever"

Attached: No.png (321x302, 14K)

I’m glad I don’t let a panel of retards dictate what is and what isn’t good then

>no argument

Attached: akocower.png (1280x720, 406K)

it's certainly the best 3D game in the series

Your shitty analogies prove nothing, I stand by my statement.

I'm glad i don't listen to contrarian basement dwellers who blindly hate on things simply because they are popular & have no weight on how things will ultimately be remembered in 30 years

You can say it's actually two games but fuck you. Only fault is that fucking barrel.

Attached: Title_Screen_Sonic_3_and_Knuckles.png (320x224, 20K)

So am I, which is why I don’t listen to retards that say a Zelda game is the greatest of all time

Super Mario 64
Metroid Prime
Hitman: Blood Money
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
ALttP
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
Ultima Underworld
Ultima V

Tough question, since OoT isn't even the best game in its own series, let alone the best game ever.

The only retard here is you since it's clear that nobody is willingly to concede that you are right. Being in the smallest 1 % of society makes you the one with shit taste, you are literally a tranny

All of the other games in this picture that aren't OOT. /thread

Attached: 309120.jpg (884x1010, 538K)

>nobody is willingly to concede that you are right.
Severe autism does that to a person, yes.

Minecraft is literally more popular than fucking Mario has ever been.
It belongs on that list whether you like it or not. It even surpassed Tetris in terms of sales (and god knows how many Tetris games there's been).

> Not being a massive contrarian snowflake who nobody will ever agree with makes you wrong
I agree you are autistic, i would love to hear the piece of shit games that you think are good, probably literal who shit that nobody's ever heard about

B-But brown bricks autism...

See you’re only proving his point

Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Gameboy, Resident Evil 4, Minecraft, Tetris
ahahahahah no
doom is dated as fuck 100x more so than OOT
Fake pic, nobody gives a shit about chrono trigger

>Hating Doom
Now that is a contrarian opinion

None. Because OOT belongs in the discussion of the most overrated games ever, along with things like FF7. Not even saying the game is bad, but you fucks treat it like the second coming of Christ

Attached: 1343071071174.jpg (316x341, 28K)

Seethe more. Imagine being so emotionally traumatized that popular games are still considered masterpieces after 20 years

Attached: c051422b59ed9e27360cc5ca13f993e2e3d42243_s2_n1.jpg (1468x1070, 252K)

> Overrated
Meaningless buzzword for contrarians desperate to fit in & feel like a special snowflake for hating a popular game they didn't even play

Undertale
Mega Dimension Neptunia Mk. 2
Tales of
Trails
Ace Attorney

Games for actual adults and not for children/faggots.

OoT doesn't have anything on GTA 3.

Attached: 220px-GTA3boxcover.jpg (220x284, 26K)

>Everyone I don’t like is a contrarian, the emotional tranny’s guide to liking OOT

Real or not this feels right. Anyone who takes the time to sit down and play through this list comes out better for the experience.

Yes, disliking something simply because everyone else loves it literally makes you a contrarian.

Attached: 1553090253405.jpg (650x559, 57K)

Rockstar themselves already stated that Mario 64 & OOT are the 2 greatest games ever made. OOT was so flawless that Zelda remains the only gaming franchise inducted into the Spike Gaming Hall of Fame

Nigger who the fuck is “everyone?” You and a bunch of magazine publishers?

Half-life

VC, SA, IV and V are better games though

OoT has soul unlike your retarded garbage for edgy negroes

Well for one, this board since it collectively also agrees that OOT is the GOAT

Attached: b6fb5d62-12c7-457e-b5fd-88ce35d78718.png (836x409, 18K)

>Collectively
Uh huh. Is that why there’s other scores posted too for other games?

That's the win percentage in head 2 head matchups, we had to go through like 250 games. So for it to rank that highly means Yea Forums thought it was better then every other game it was matched up with

The on foot gameplay in GTA3 is so bad it's ridiculous to think it came out after OoT.

Source, since its known how much rockstar alumni despise nintendo.
Seethe more. GTA 3 did more for gaming then any Zelda game ever did.

GTA 3 = godfather
OoT = neverending story

I like the fact that they were seperate carts because of the &Knuckles memes over the years. I absolutley see it as one game though, and my personal favorite game.

> Anyone who says they didn't take influence from Ocarina of Time or Super Mario 64 is lying - Dan Houser

Super Metroid

Goddamn I really hate newfags, GO BACK

The only ones I can think of are Doom and Shenmue 3. Maybe SoTN.

> ff7
> soulsfaggotry
> skyrim
> minecraft

Sales do not make a great game. Fifa 19 is not a great game.

Just because other people like OoT and FF7 and talk positively about it doesn't mean it's automatically disqualified for being the best game ever.

Oh no he hates my opinion and has told me to go back. To where? I don’t know.

Attached: FAD66D02-7663-4205-8C24-66C9B8628CB0.gif (425x425, 2M)

GTA 3 is good, but it's the worst one out of the GTA 3 trilogy.

>Contrarians
Meaningless buzzword for faggots desperate to defend a game they like & feel like a special snowflake for playing a popular game while they didn't even play everything else they claim their game surpasses

Attached: 1556347094529.jpg (520x544, 67K)

> What is Twilight Princess
Unironically based. There are some shitty games on this list (BOTW) andany of them are pretty dated, but if nothing else most are worth playing for understanding their historical importance and influence on the gaming industry

For real. They’re the same retards that buy a million hylian shield necklaces and wonder why no one wants to be around them

Attached: 6A452691-A2C4-401C-976C-7D79026A2092.jpg (882x1022, 158K)

>> What is Twilight Princess
the second worst 3d zelda after skyward sword.

yes, and?

Starcraft. Still play it today

>> What is Twilight Princess
not as good as Ocarina
>3 hour prologue

not in the same league as sm64/oot/hl1/gta3/sotn

Nothing, just wanted to slurp cock and see if you noticed

Okay, but what about how a game from 2009 is still really popular, has an active community and is still being played by millions of people worldwide 10 years later.

>Portal 2
what the fuck?

The prologue was a bit of a sour spot but the dungeon design, especially in the latter half of the game is some of the best in the entire series. And Skyward Sword isn't nearly as bad as people say. It's at least on par with Wind Waker

> Masterpiece tier:
OOT
MM
TP
ALTTP
ALBW
Z2:AOL (assuming you use a walkthrough)
> Flawed but still good tier:
Wind Waker
Skyward Sword
Spirit Tracks
Zelda 1 (assuming you use a walkthrough)
> Dogshit tier:
BOTW

Hah. If it wasn’t made in Japan it doesn’t count

>Using a walk through
How bad are you?

says you

>ALBW
>masterpiece
deserves a peg lower solely for being such a blatant rehash when they could've done so much more with it
>needing walkthroughs for 1 and 2
the rest is alright though

>opinion
Name some games then you stupid fuck.

NES games are pretty retarded with obscure secrets you'd never find without a walkthrough. If you actually found New Kasuto in Zelda 2 or found all the heart pieces in Zelda 1 without a walkthrough, you're just wasting your time. The games were literally designed to be played with a walkthrough. They wanted you to buy a hardbound walkthrough book.

Attached: 1556201201275.png (500x393, 94K)

>OOT literally is the Godfather
So its boring as fuck and only liked by pretentious cunts?

See my previous comment. Those games were literally designed to be played with a hardbound walkthrough book that you paid for.

arguably the only thing you really need advice for is the meat for bypassing the hungry moblin, I went through both Z1 and 2 guideless without any major roadblocks

>tumblr-tier reaction image
summer really is here

OoT, Super Mario Bros 3, Mario 64, Tetris, Doom, Chrono Trigger, FF7, melee, Super Mario world, pokemon rby/gsc, donkey Kong country 2, street fighter 2, mother, snake eater, shadow of the collosus, goldeneye and perfect dark , banjo 2, link to the past, fallout 2/new Vegas, San Andreas, Halo, Half life 2, deus ex, system shock 2, persona 2 or digital devil, WoW, red dead, bioshock, portal 2, last of us, resident evil 4, and maybe Minecraft

>OoT is the best thing ever since sex just look at this praise by journos all over the internet
Oh God its this autismo again, has he gotten a name yet to refer "him" as?

MGS1
Witcher 3
Deus Ex
Baldurs Gate 2
HL1

Come at me zoomers

listfag

Ever since I've seen the Doom fans at Quakecon I'm embarrassed for semi liking it.

Bunch of unwashed head banging metal listeners.

Attached: thps3.jpg (220x282, 17K)

>sports games

Never ever. Even though it's perfect at what it does.

>y-y-our reaction image is shit!!!
wow, you don't have shit to throw back do you?
don't think I've ever seen anyone get cowed and subdued that easily. go and prep your bull like a good c u ck.

>renowned worldwide
>doesn't mention anything related to japanese culture

now you're just grasping at straws

I love OoT, but MM is better in all aspects.

sadly, none. this is probably the most gorgeous vidya gem your eyes will see during our lifetime and i feel nothing but shame on those fools who cant/refuse to appreciate it

The fact that Yea Forums liked it enough to rate it so highly every single year proves that it's a great game

I have yet to see a person that genuinely disliked the original THPS games

no one cares what you feel nigger

Nice fedora.

You'll never find a satisfying answer for "best game ever." It's more worth your time to just think about what games you like.

>deflects any criticism of OoT as "hater contrarians"
>has the gall to call someone else a cuck
This is either decent bait or god tier autism

Seething

>Yea Forums liked it enough
Yea Forums also like to unironically play gachashit so i wouldnt trust the opinions of "people" like that

carefull not to cut yourself with that edge user

The fact that you are seething so much that everyone seems like the same person proves that you came from /r/eddit

This + Final Fantasy 7

two games better than OOT

Attached: 52DF06D4-59A3-4799-B70A-4BB88742F235.jpg (1187x1500, 366K)

Literally any critically acclaimed game that causes Yea Forums to seethe to such a degree & cries about how "bad" it is without actually explaining why is a masterpiece. I learned the hard way when i played TLOU & ended up loving it

If you honestly think OoT is the GOAT I can only be left to believe that your knowledge of videogames is surface level and you havent played enough

Attached: 291339A9-BEBC-4D52-9C35-E0A6FC63F4E8.jpg (960x960, 113K)

ok

Attached: 1528145797037.png (640x480, 189K)

Attached: Zoomers.png (711x977, 293K)

do you have any reasons to back up this masturbatory holier-than-thou bullshit?

Half Life 2

Half Life 2 and Ocerina of Time are quite literally the Citizen Kanes

Next best would be Portal 2, Mario 64, and Shadow of the Colossus. I wanna say some Donkey Kong Countries also belong at the top but I don't want to praise too many Nintendo games because that makes zoomers mad.

Oh and Team Fortress 2.

Attached: Blutarch_400x400.jpg (400x400, 24K)

>Skyrim at #2
disregarded

then please, enlighten me user. show us some of those legendary games

The fact that Zoomers who grew up with shit like Skyrim still think OOT is the GOAT is proof that it's objectively a great game. You simply get jealous at it's critical acclaim & feel personally offended when everyone likes a game that you dislike

cope negro, cope

Not him but you're agreeing that Skyrim is the second best game ever above others?

Final Fantasy 7 is better cry about it all you want but Final 7 had no water temple, had a much more in depth story, much better music, deeper characters with more charm and wasnt a laggy piece of shit like OOT

Mario 64 was running at 60fps but oot was 20 and its unplayable shit they could have at least gone for 30 but they didnt and like I said all the monentum Oot had dies with the water temple capping it at 9/10

This would imply Justin Bieber is the greatest musical artist ever.

This actually seems accurate. The only WTF worthy thing is Chrono Cross, but that barely made the list anyway.

>Popular game from 2009 is really good.
Call of Duty MW2 had more players than Minecraft did. I guess this makes it better.

well MW2 is a good game

Something being popular also doesn't automatically make it flawed or bad.

anyone who is smart should see it as a single game. it was always meant to be.

on the subject of platformers: Donkey Kong Country 2

of course it isnt, but we are talking about OoT here, i dont give a fuck about skyrim.
>no water temple
one of the best, if not the best dungeon design ever created. i understand now, you just had a rough time playing it, so must be bad.
>better story
>better music
>deeper characters
yea, no.. but whatever makes your dwelling fat ass sleeps well

>waah waah water temple

if you're such a brainlet that you write off the entire game because of one temple that's slightly more complicated than the rest your opinion is absolute shit

And something being popular also doesn't automatically make it perfect and inmune to criticism

OoT is actually an important game though. you may not like it but its one of the games that helped shape early 3D and was the basis for most targeting systems for years afterwards.

It had a heavy influence on the industry and is still a good game today unless you have some issue with graphics (by which you dont care about games in the first place anyways).

To me hating on games like OoT is like hating on Citizen Kain. the movie itself might be shit to you, but theres no denying the influence it had

>of course it isnt
Literally seethingProves you wrong and if you disagree that means you are mentally scarred that Skyrim is considered among the top three games of all time

you obviously havent played final fantasy 7 so i wont bother replying to you

its not complex its a slog

OOT is objectively one of the 50 best games ever made, you may think that other games are superior to it & that's fine. But you will never be able to convince anyone that it's a bad game

heres your legacy bro

Attached: 8E0BFF2F-3F26-4F2E-B78D-998A257A7C5A.jpg (2516x740, 583K)

FF7 aged like shit & genuinely needed a remake for people to be able to enjoy it. Notice how none of those games in that Zoomers image were remade except Mario & Pokemon, which only existed because Nintendo wanted cheap money

There are plenty of people that think its a bad game.

I'm not one of them. Hell, I play randomizers of it every week. Doesn't change the fact its not in my top 10 favorites. I personally like Majora's Mask more

>aged like shit
Hello zoomer did you floss 3 times today?

Attached: 17984CE8-6E31-4613-8FDC-AEE33F913BAC.jpg (1607x2941, 494K)

5% of 95 % isn't "Plenty"

ocarina of cope

Attached: 8F250A44-8595-4214-A785-F9080CD0BB38.jpg (540x960, 67K)

But zoomers also like OoT, does that mean OoT is a zoomer game?

Weak. Just weak. Compare that with
This dude actually made a counterargument, in a witty way as well. Why are you such a cuck in comparison?

you mean chrono cross? chrono trigger has to be more popular than chrono cross.

It's a game that trancends time, Zoomers, Boomers, Gen X, Men, Women, Europeans & Americans all had it ranked in the top 10 somewhere

nice strawman faggot. skyrim not being the 2nd best game its just my opinion, who fucking knows maybe actually it is. but again we are talking about OoT so i dont give a flying fuck about skyrim.
coper harder negro

saying OOT is the goat is like saying mcdonalds is the best food you are an idiot and have no refined tastes if you do

FPBP

yes, I always practice good dental hygiene

>skyrim not being the 2nd best game its just my opinion,
No one cares about the opinion of a seething contrarian, cope harder

How? Ocarina of Time only sold 10 million copies, the sales argument doesn't work you faggot. Nice try though fedorafag

I think the doom joke is funny

Oot is for neckbeards dont kid yourself you fat redditors are OBSESSED buying oot shirts and shit youre all an embarrasement

Attached: AA2E7130-40B4-4688-83CE-09B289065FB5.jpg (684x1024, 91K)

So by calling that guy zoomer for not liking OoT that means you're calling him a OoT fan?

It's subjective, because when you look at another site with a larger userbase. OOT remains at the top but Skyrim falls out the top 30

Attached: 860,000 Registered Users.png (760x875, 53K)

>retarded analogy
>food based analogy

Attached: 5fd.png (680x666, 50K)

How many single player games have you beaten that you reached the conclusion oot is the goat tell me

Never played this shit, never will, Nintendo makes shit for children

you literally ask, you tide pod snoring retarded zoomer

Not him but i have played 350 games, didn't finish all of them but i've only played 3 games at most that i genuinely thought were as good as OOT

All i get is that this time a vita game is top three of the best games ever made which why would explain why 3DSfags are so angry of its existence

Saying oot is the best is like saying rolex watches are the best it means you dont know jack dick about watches

Attached: 34C92881-8B5B-4FFF-989E-A5A8EE56C106.png (1080x1350, 1.84M)

>you tide pod snoring retarded zoomer
Yes i like OoT how did you know?

BOTW & Chrono Trigger are in the top 3 twice, so techinically the top 3 is OOT > CT > BOTW

Definitely not whatever your favorite game is.

That's not what
say

>VC
Too short and too small. The setting and soundtrack almost put it over the top though.
>SA
Horrible setting, the cities are all too small and the forest and desert are empty with nothing to do. Also niggers.
>IV
Yea it's probably the best if you count the DLC
>V
Same problems as SA

lmfao fucking dumbass San Andreas is a good game stop fabricating outrage

Honestly, Chrono Cross and Trigger, Mario RPG, Parasite Eve and TWEWY were Square best things ever produced and some GOAT rpg contenders

Even if Chross have his faults (even if the only one that i mind is the cuatrillion of party members without a proper backstory)

Attached: e.png (533x320, 52K)

Hundreds and hundreds. Like any other autist on Yea Forums. What's is your point?

>like any other autist on Yea Forums
nice try newfag

>Yea Forums doesn't play a lot of games
you know this is a meme right? irony?

Attached: 1480730330337.gif (500x685, 952K)

>Team Fortress 2
Pre-hats, yes.

Survivor AI is dogshit, the timer is somewhat difficult to follow when you reach "The Last Resort", and free mode is flawed

But this game still one of the most unique, soulful, fun, creative and awesome in every other regard. Dead Rising is trully a wonderful game to experience.

Attached: 911591141cd464c8397092baaa514dd89985f378.jpg (616x353, 55K)

Cope, it's genuinely one of the best games i've ever played

Attached: mosaic100215ddbf837fa4b6de3c610837502ff2062b00.jpg (1807x1506, 1.23M)

its funny because gta is literally for children

if its one of the best games youve ever played i just feel bad for you and i hope you play some real titles someday

No fucking Nintendo games are for children but you disgusting low T males cling onto it like shit on a stick

what's your favorite game?

>464115912
I've played every single acclaimed single player game that critics wank over, as well as the niche garbage that Yea Forums pretends is good. My point still stands, it's a masterpiece & no amount of contrarianism will change my or anyone else's opinion

lol brit

not the same dude but nigga did u see the mosaic of games. even if u disagree with the OOT goty pick, he's played some "real titles" as you put it

X-COM: UFO Defense

yes I bet you also think mortal kombat is for adults too

Reminder, the only people who disliike OOT are
> A: Contrarians who are seething that it's considered the best game ever after 2 decades
> B: Brainlets who couldn't get past the Water Temple growing up, which is why they will complain about the level design
> C: Zoomers who never played it & parrot all of their opinions from EgoRaptor

>never had any arguments from the start
>gets completely btfo
>"surface level shitfling lol"

cmon man you aren't even trying

The only people who call OOT the goat are casual gamers sorry junior

Attached: index_0.png (211x239, 9K)

Why is it that you retards never have any actual arguments? All that's been said from anti-OoT fags is massive unsubstantiated generalizations

oh and mentioning the water temple a million times like that's a bad thing

Not an argument, also by this logic Yea Forums is nothing but casual gamers since we've always loved OOT regardless of if we consider it the GOAT or not. So basically you just called yourself a casual

>we
the args are in here try reading the thread

Because there literally isn't a single argument against it being a good game, same with other games like RE4, MGS3, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, ALTTP, Metroid Prime & Mario 64

Yes, the very first best game list that was made on this board in 2008 had Pokemon Gen 1-2, OOT, StarCraft, Mario 64, Deus Ex & SoTC at the top

the story is basic, the game has slowdown and lag, the combat is too simple, and water temple is a shit

majoras mask is better

> Complaining about the Water Temple
Opinion invalidated, literally just proved my point

The story is memorable and interesting, the combat is literally the exact same in MM, and even the water temple is better than any of the dungeons in MM

>you arent allowed to complain about a giant blemish in the game
fucking smoothbrain

Everything after the Time Skip is among the best levels in gaming history.

now OOT vs MM is a fair fight and the real contrarian world war we need

Attached: 89c.gif (500x208, 549K)

Yeah they were great OOT is great but its not the GREATEST this is a discussion about the GREATEST of all time but your dumbass cant register games with giant blemishes arent the greatest

or the good stuff in OOT is so fucking strong that not even blemishes like the Water Temple prevents it from reaching GOAT levels

It's all opinion, and in my opinion it is the greatest game of all time. There's never going to be an objective greatest game of all time so this post is completely pointless

This isnt a movie. It doesnt work that way like one of your little capeshit adventures.

>having to press the pause button every 10 seconds is subjective!! maybe I like it!

This and FF7 look like shit today at least pixel games hold up the look

The Water Temple has perfect level design, atmosphere & has more memorable moments than most games have in their entire duration.

Its memorable for being a giant piece of shit that capped oot at 9/10

Pleb Filter working as intended

imagine thinking oot is a hard game

>This isnt a movie. It doesnt work that way like one of your little capeshit adventures.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Are you delusional? Do you suffer from a mental illness? Nothing in this world is truly perfect. The statement is GREATEST of all time. Not most perfect.

Attached: 1445660042046.jpg (446x1000, 186K)

Lol you are crying like a little baby because I shattered the truth in front of your eyes and now youve realized it you know deep down damn well there are better and greater games

> "Truth"
Imagine being so delusional that you actually convinced yourself that your extremely unpopular opinion that nobody shares is actually true. Consensus opinion of the masses is what history will remember as fact

haha we're shitposting on Yea Forums
if you think any of this has any meaning or impact, you are indeed mentally ill

Attached: 1556851342764.jpg (620x670, 57K)

Not even Yea Forums itself agrees with you, how can you claim that your opinion is a "fact"

doesnt really matter when half the critics in the industry cant even beat the games they review huh im not a redditfag like you so i dont care what the masses think about something they know little about

You clearly do care what the masses think since you've dedicated all your posts crying about how "bad" this game is simply because of how popular it is. And desperately tried to claim your opinion as a "fact"

stop projecting your reddit insecurities of not fitting in onto me

>breasts of a child in top 10
This ain't it

Reddit & Yea Forums have the exact same taste in games though

Almost based, Gibus, and old school hats are fully based items

None, it's in a tier of its own. Perfect in every way.

I seriously don't fucking understand why this game is so highly-rated. It seems like a case of "other people say it so I'll say it too".

>simply because everyone else loves it
This is you making an assumption. This is a fallacious argument.

That's because reddit is Yea Forums except reddit is smart enough to have a proper /pol/ containment board

Can someone explain actually *why* the game is supposedly the best ever? I played it and:
>combat is shallow and easy, fighting enemies is basically just following simple steps
>puzzles are absolute braindead-tier and not satisfying because there's never anything to figure out
>dungeons never have any actually interesting gimmicks

Stop parroting EgoRaptor and actually play it

I did play and I just fucking listed actual reasons for why I did not like it. Now you have to list reasons why you do like it. As it is right now, I have no reason to believe that you have actually played it, and you might just be parroting everyone else who rates it highly.
So fucking give some explanation for your opinions, or go kill yourself.

unironically speaking: there are hour long analysis videos on the subject, no dude on Yea Forums is going to be able to accurately pinpoint what makes OOT so special in a few sentences.
That isn't something innate or fancy pantsy about OOT. Most of the stuff that is regarded as masterpieces are masterpieces for complex reasons.

You didn't answer me.

bait

This, and I'm not even trying to be provocative here. I just don't get it.

In terms of quality:
Snake Eater
Resident Evil 4
Whichever pre-7 FF is best
SMRPG
In terms of importance:
Doom
Street Fighter 2
Bing Wa Bing Hoomario Brohoo: the First One

COPE

I said your question is difficult to answer.
The implication here is that nobody here is going to write you long fucking essay because you asked in a snarky manner.
I can go full autismo mode and adress all your complaints with sentiments like "beauty in simplicity, ensures a good pace with minimum roadbumps, how dungeons have a ton of detail and thought into them, etc, etc."
But that ain't worth my time. The game speaks for itself. If it didn't impress you, you are one of the select few who just didn't get it. That is a-okay, art is subjective.

Attached: 1514151459495.jpg (719x719, 62K)

So you refuse to make an argument as to how the game is good.

No, that's Breath of the Wild.

>beauty in simplicity,
shut the fuck up
>ensures a good pace with minimum roadbumps,
I read that as "nothing to challenge you", which is accurate.
>how dungeons have a ton of detail and thought into them
This is just a flat-out lie. Those block-pushing puzzles do not have thought put into them.

> All arguments from EgoRaptor's sequelist video
This picture is so fucking accurate & explains why Yea Forums is so emotionally traumatized by OOT

Attached: Averages.png (1002x566, 34K)

>thinks using a walkthrough makes LoZ/AoL better
>puts TP with its garbage opening, garbage overworld and style-over-substance dungeons that high
>so eternally assblasted over BotW's existence he makes this same post in every Zelda thread

Cringe.

>how dungeons have a ton of detail and thought into them, etc, etc."

>shoot eye on the wall
>door opens
>move block into indented hole in the floor
>door opens
>move block around other blocks into indented holes in the floor
>door opens
light more than 3 torches in succession
>door opens
>step on a button
>door opens
How we got through this maze of genius in our youths is beyond me.

Attached: HAHAHAHA.gif.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

I love how you immediately go into full on a babyrage just at the idea of some counterpoints.
You've already made up your mind, fuck off from the thead if you won't even entertain ideas that don't fit your judgement of the game.

Attached: !222 (4).png (836x983, 570K)

No one says Skyrim is the GOAT I'm blowing this thread up RIGHT AWAY!

Attached: 1528950801660s.jpg (118x125, 2K)

what is your favorite game then?
let's discuss any hint of imperfection in that?
COPE

Attached: 1509911636192.jpg (310x310, 21K)

sm64

what ever game took an entire generation's childhood by storm.

>> All arguments from EgoRaptor's sequelist video
Why the fuck are you watching and memorizing egoraptor videos? Why the fuck are you watching video game reviews at all? What the fuck is wrong with you? And how does saying "this guy has that opinion too" count as an argument? And what in the world does this fucking clearly-fake (44% virgin, come on) image have to do with anything at all?

BotW has more sophisticated puzzles, combat, and exploration than damn near everything in OoT or its shittier successor, TP. OoT doesn't even belong in this discussion anymore.

Attached: 1559188732048.jpg (612x1024, 69K)

>dungeons being boring and braindead is a "hint of imperfection" and not a gigantic glaring stain in quality

Anyone who cries about dungeons being boring didn't actually play it or found them too difficult growing up

I get that you don't want to type out an entire article worth of text everytime someone insults one of oyur favourite childhood games on 4channel.

But you have to agree, that's is not enough of an argument to explain why the game is supposed to be good. If it is so simple, I suggest you prepare a copy+paste answer in response in to threads like these, otherwise it might be time to ponder if your childhood staple really was as perfect as you remember.

not him but my favorite game is Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade

you didn't answer the question ;-)
yeah if you think every dungeon in that game is shit than you just fucking lost

Attached: 1553262616726.png (470x318, 53K)

please fuck off zoomer faggot

>if you thought that it was too easy then it was too hard for you
That's because I'm not the guy to whom you asked the question.

Attached: hqdefault[2].jpg (480x360, 11K)

>but the dungeon design, especially in the latter half of the game is some of the best in the entire series

That's an absolute lie. Most dungeons in Toilet Piss literally have the same layout and probably some of the simplest puzzles in the series barring Wind Waker. You're only praising them because of their aesthetic, which just means you prefer style over substance.

Attached: dungeon-maps.png (849x565, 146K)

>FF7
Why should this be up there?

>Z2:AOL (assuming you use a walkthrough)
I'm not going to fucking trust your opinion if you needed a walkthrough to finish that game.

>what is your favorite game then?
>let's discuss any hint of imperfection in that?
Symphony of the Night

Attached: 100_to_fuck_off.jpg (500x375, 25K)

>hey, this round-peg-round-hole toy is boring
>haha what's the matter, too hard for you?

The problem is that you're judging the game based on how good it was at the time rather than how well it holds up now. You're also overstating its influence, since every Zelda game borrows elements from the previous one.

good answer
inb4 he reaches and finds some shitty nitpick that isn't equivalent in the slightest

Boring is a subjective preference, there isn't a single aspect of the game that isn't well designed

Didn't actually play it i see, the fact that the Water Temple is considered one of the hardest levels of all time proves that it's perfectly balanced difficulty wise

I don't care about influence. I just don't. When I play a game, I want to have fun. I don't go "hmm how did this affect x game and y genre in later years?", I go "am I enjoying this?".

fpbp

Fuck the nintendo64 era, the nes/snes are 10 millions times superior anyway

Even Nintendo themselves acknowledged OOT as the best Nintendo game ever made, with ALTTP, Mario Galaxy & FF6 rounding out the top 4

Well, a pretty obvious imperfection in that would be the inverted castle. But yeah, it's still a solid pick for a fovirite video game, I'd say.

>the fact that the Water Temple is considered one of the hardest levels of all time
Holy shit dude play some non-nintendo games for once.
That doesn't mean anything. A company is literally the least trustworthy source of an opinion on their product.

Contrarians are people who think OoT hasn't long been surpassed at this point, even in its own series.

>I need validation from my favorite giant megacorporations

I don't care. Retard.

Seething
RE4 was released on every single platform yet it still made the top 10, COPE more

oot is shit your opinion is garbage.
sotn is also really overrated
Skyrim was only mentioned with the caveat that modding counts. Even then I'd disagree but I can see the argument because the modding scene in that game is like nothing else.
Dark Souls is a legit great game its haters are almost universally retarded.

You just lashed out at two people disagreeing on a binary issue.

Miyazaki publicly stated that Dark Souls isn't in the same league as OOT due to how superior of a game Zelda is

imagine thinking a childrens game is the goat hahaha fucking peabrains itt

Attached: 0E9DC8C2-6F4B-4FEE-97E4-258E582A4080.jpg (541x500, 55K)

Threadly reminder that this image is fake.

>Water Temple is considered one of the hardest levels of all time
dude what

>cope
>seething

Attached: b9d[2].png (427x474, 11K)

No it's not,. continue coping though

Yes it is, continue seething though.

>cope
>seething
>cope
>seething
>cope
>seething
GET NEW WORDS
I WILL FUCKING PROVIDE YOU WITH NEW WORDS THAT MEAN "ANGRY" IF YOU NEED THEM

ok this is copic

Just as many people condemn it as praise it. The Inverted Castle is an arguable con. Some see it as cheap padding, other see it as inventive and holy shit the castle works upside down?

Did you read the part where I said that answering why a masterpiece is a masterpiece is specifically not simple? And no, I don't need to white knight OOT on Yea Forums and keep copy+paste answers. The game's status as GOTY is already done and won. See
I'm not here to provide you with a shit flinging contest where we disagree if the puzzles are fun or not. The game definitely speaks for itself. So does Half Life, Diablo, Age of Empires, Red Dead, RE4, Chrono Trigger, Dark Souls, Bioshock etc and all the other hall of famers.

Attached: 1558634153136.png (445x472, 360K)

Popular does not mean good. You're whatever the polar opposite of a contrarian is (a drone?). You like it because it's popular. This is the only reasonable explanation that I can garner from your refusal to actually address what is good about the game in detail.

Breath of the Wild

such as?

Attached: AD1FA2F0-6AD8-4558-BD9B-CB3477B7B01D.jpg (398x376, 37K)

Seething

do people even like tetris? ive never seen the appeal. i guess i could see liking it if that was all you had around at the time. so in that sense, it might be like ocarina of time being one of the better games, and progressive to the medium in some ways, at the time, and i just dont identify with tetris that way because i started with playstation 1

No u

"If there are similarities, they probably stem from the fact that The Legend of Zelda became a sort of textbook for 3D action games. Ocarina of Time was truly monumental. So to be perfectly honest, I feel deeply unworthy of the comparison." - Miyazaki (Creator of Dark Souls)

being the first doesnt make it the greatest, even in its time period it wasnt the greatest

>MY CANDIDATES
Pac-Man
Legend of Zelda (NES)
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!
TIE Fighter
Master of Magic
Mega Man X
Final Fantasy Tactics
Bushido Blade 1
Baldur's Gate 2
Half-Life
Starcraft
World of Warcraft
Dark Souls 1

>Reasonable Suggestions but I would not vote for them
Portal
SM64
SMB3
Super Mario World
Tetris
Super Metroid
Street Fighter II
Halo
Minecraft
Castlevania
Rondo of Blood
Ninja Gaiden

Note that there may be games from 2010-present I have not played.

>DOES NOT BELONG, UNQUALIFIED NO VOTE
Any Final Fantasy game
Chrono Trigger
Ocarina of Time
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Donkey Kong Country

irate

OOT wasn't the first, as other people have noted lots of things came first & did things OOT was praised for before OOT came out. OOT did nothing new, but it executed all major fundamental aspects perfectly. Sure it doesn't have the best story, soundtrack, gameplay or characters, but it's the ultimate combination of those aspects

Miyazaki himself said that Dark Souls is inferior to Ocarina of Time, so that just disqualifies your entire post

whats the point of a gaming hall of fame if theres only one title in it?

I played OOT when I was a kid and no clue what was popular. I saw a cool elf-kid with a sword. And like every pro-OOT poster here has said, it still holds up despite the test of time. I've replayed it a dozen times.

lmao okay, I'll fling shit then with you. what do you need me to gush about? how immersive and wondrous I found the world? how fantastic and breathtaking the artistry behind it is? how it is a timeless mythic adventure, a hero's quest about triumphing over evil? how much I enjoyed delving into mysterious dungeons, fighting cool bosses like volvagia and phantom ganon?

Attached: Ocarine-of-time.jpg (1515x520, 131K)

The entire franchise was added actually

I'm actually playing through Skyrim right now. It's a lot of fun but the opening and the character creation sucks. Good thing for mods.

Only Yea Forums likes OOT, /vr/ hates it.

>nier automata that high
that has to be becaus of the ass being posted constantly, right? i havnt played it, so i wont say its shit, but ive never heard discussion or seen webms of gameplay, so compared to the constant ass-posting i have to think that the gameplay plays second fiddle to the ass

>not the best soundtrack
you take that back you fuck

Attached: 1431336200589.jpg (480x480, 22K)

The OP used a picture of A2 for the thread, but still it was up for like 15 hours. So it should have dropped off at some point, but for some reason it stayed at the top

I fucking love OOT more than anyone in this thread, and genuinely speaking the Soundtrack isn't the best, FFX is by far the GOAT in terms of music

>OOT did nothing new, but it executed all major fundamental aspects perfectly.
no, it executed the technical aspects of designing a 3rd-person 3D game almost (but not quite) perfectly. Up until that point no one had done it that well (except maybe Mario 64).
Story, soundtrack, gameplay, and characters are just OK.
and to break down the "gameplay:"

Mechanics: A- (hampered by a number of things including being designed for a jank-ass controller, which had the sole redeeming quality of having the first quality analog stick)

Content: B (Too many Boring Puzzles and NPC shit instead of fun combat. But what's actually in the game is solid)

Ultimate verdict is that Ocarina of Time was a great game if you were 10 years old in 1998. It polished 3D movement and camera principles for 3rd person games and had pretty decent 3D level design if you weren't bored by the lack of challenge.

>dollarstore MIDI
>good

> Boring
Subjective preference & cannot be used as an objective standard for quality

post proof

Attached: tenor.gif (498x278, 1.02M)

He's wrong. Dark Souls solved the main problem with Ocarina which is that Ocarina is boring as shit if you aren't a little kid.

only zoomers like oot

Seething, Miyazaki knows more about game design than you ever will.

Also how is it that so many people don't recognize industry people fellating each other for interviews and take this shit as gospel? How fucking stupid and gullible are you?

I don't even think Yea Forums praises OoT that much, it's literally just one or two autists sperging out because they can't accept that subsequent games have improved on it.

They do

Attached: Basedv.jpg (2560x2000, 791K)

That doesn't mean some public interview comments should be taken as gospel truth dumbass.

real retro gamers hate oot.

No thats Majora's Mask

Nice fake poll, autist.

composition, the actual musical notes, is what matters. tons of old games had to compress the recording quality, doesn't make the music inherently bad. you should listen to some of the orchestrations of the OOT soundtrack

Try again faggot, this was from 2005 which means only real boomers voted on it

Attached: Top10.jpg (988x6736, 1.75M)

> bbbut it's fake
Cope more, it's your fault for not being around when the thread was up for nearly 20 hours

OK fag how about this.
1. "Try to guess how the developers implemented some artbirary mechanic in 3D" is not good puzzle design.
2. Excitement comes from risk and danger and there is very little in Ocarina of Time. Combat is treated like just an extra puzzle and since it's clear the developers weren't really that excited by it, did not implement much in the way of interesting enemies or scenarios.

You saying it's real isn't going to make it less fake. Also why do you keep spamming "cope"?

cope

It has exactly 133,970 votes right now, continue crying about how "Fake" it is

That list is 100% millennial what are you talking about? Those are exactly the faggots who were 7-16 years old when Ocarina came out and would have been 14-23 when that poll was taken.

Keep not providing a source, faggot.

lmao at zoomers thinking 1998 was a good year for games

>133,970

It's highly unlikely that Yea Forums alone would have that many people participating in a single poll.

It wasn't actually 130,000 people voting, it was around 1,500 max. The site calculates the # of matchups since it pitches 2 games that people nominated against each other & asks you which one you like more, so basically that 130k is actually the number of times the survey has been taken

Attached: 72a3209c-4aad-4cd6-872d-cf91615a4db2.png (656x384, 26K)

Then that's not even a proper fucking poll, it's a matchup based system. You know that those types can rig/sway the votes towards specific games without the voter even being aware, right?

Attached: 1438814373870.jpg (364x160, 8K)

People who know only a little about the genre call it the best of all time, but true connoisseurs understand that the sequel is better

souls games and skyrim are peak zoomer

Sonic and Knuckles is a shitgame on its own, and Sonic 3 is a better overall experience without the garbage add-on level pack. Even then, CD > 2 > 1 > 3

>still thinking oot is the best game ever

It's not 2011 anymore gramps

Witcher 3

Breath of the wild is the only game that beats it

Cope

Attached: trGaWby.jpg (1920x1080, 1.42M)

openian

ironus

How many random images are you going to post, OoTkun?

Jose Antonio "Joe" Vargas

>Cope

You first.

Attached: 20190518_203900.jpg (666x560, 109K)

imagine crying all over the thread about water temple

not him, but what the fuck are you talking about? soul games are one of the most, if not the most boring shit ever created, most of redditor faggot here like to suck his dick because of the gitgud meme wich is more dumb than the redditors itself because the combat is also shit

>/fit/ tied for tallest
not at all accurate

Gta 2 is better then gta 3.

Worked into a shoot