Why is it still selling?

Why is it still selling?

Attached: nintendo-switch-console-4923.jpg (868x488, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/463162124/#463164090
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Seeth snoy

you think nintendies are still replaying BOTW and mario to this day? with nothing else to play? while we get to play a cool new thing every 15 days?

It has games.

Because it has a metric fuckton of games and popular ones at that?

why is ps4 selling?

Because it has COD and FIFA

Because it;s the most easily accessible way to play game similar to ps3 in technology on the go?
Modding is objectively better but it's hard not to understand the appeal.

i know right, pc life is sweet

Attached: 1515075410818.png (1200x800, 688K)

The Ps4 should've shown you that people are easily impressed with gimmicks. And yes, I consider portability a gimmick because it comes at the expense of performance. Look, I understand that sacrifices to graphics have to be made. I'm fine with that. The game could look like a Ps1 game and, as long as it was still good, I'd play it. But sub-20 FPS with memory leaks (Xenoblade) and other issues? Why am I paying for that? I get it, it's popular. everyone loves it. That doesn't mean I have to. And I see no reason why I should.

Attached: 1553540987652.jpg (640x758, 178K)

>sonybros will start violently trashing anything not sony more and more as momentum builds for E3
>its actually true

Attached: 1480016468836.jpg (300x300, 10K)

Because it has games.

>The Ps4 should've shown you that people are easily impressed with gimmicks
Not that the ps4 had any. It basically sold on nothing.

I know, having a Switch, PS4, and PC is awesome

You are aware the PS4 outsold it in 2017 and 2018. Also most of this year.

You're forgetting the "artistic cinematic experiences" that they regularly push, like Uncharted, Persona, etc."

Nintendo wanted some of that pie too with movie crap like Xenoblade and No More Heroes.

Consolemutts will never understand.

Attached: 1559191539696.png (748x1082, 119K)

Evergreen titles like Mario, Zelda, Kart, Smash and Splatoon.
More useful since it's portable and can be brought on trips or to work more easily

I'm genuinely curious if the PS4 would take a serious hit if FIFA stopped existing as a game series.
I wonder if Sony would buy the license and studio for FIFA if that happened

No one ever plays the Sw0tch on their way to work

Why do you guys act like Persona or even Uncharted is a huge system seller? They might be for video game boards but GTA, FIFA and COD bring in the real money. That's what sells consoles in the modern age.

>You're forgetting the "artistic cinematic experiences" that they regularly push, like Uncharted, Persona, etc."
Yeah, nothing. Especially since half of them were in ps3.

>Nintendo wanted some of that pie too with movie crap like Xenoblade and No More Heroes.
On what planet are they movies? Movie games are games that are almost 50% cutscenes and exposition hallways which can't be said about those two games.

>Also most of this year.
Lol

Uncharted outsells every single Nintendo game bar Mario you fucking imbecle.

>Movie games are games that are almost 50% cutscenes and exposition hallways which can't be said about those two games.
They're anime shit and, in Xenoblade's case, it's JRPG. Those are automatically movies without exception.

Because OP is out of touch with reality
>HOW COULD YOU LIKE THING I DON'T LIKE REEEE

Dude, uncharted sold 10m.

>bar Mario you fucking imbecle.
And zelda
Smash
Pretty soon splatoon.

>Those are automatically movies without exception.
So you don't know what a movie game is then.

Oh and Pokemon and animal Crossing

Massively different install base, and much lower attach rate. Your argument should have been comparing Uncharted 4 to other sony games, but that's ok sweetie, you're new to this.

It's only a video game if I can take out every single element except the gameplay, and still have fun. That means no artstyle, no graphics, no music, no waifus, no story, NOTHING. No JRPG in existence can survive that kind of minimalization, and No More Heroes is trash by default, so it losing its gimmicks would be an even bigger death blow.

If you don't get what I mean, let me put it this way: imagine if TLOU or god of War had no cutscenes whatsoever, and no segments where you just walked and talked and waited for exposition. From start to finish, they were videogames. Would they still be good, or would they still be movies? The gameplay hasn't been improved to not be repetitious button mashing, so they're still movies. The cutscene ratio does not factor in at all.

Another example: do you know Gone Home? That is a movie game as well, even though it doesn't have a single cutscene. Why? It doesn't care about having good gameplay, it's just there to push a stupid story.

Real nice, user, basing your console's importance on a movie cut carbon copy of OG Tomb Raider but with a guy.

>Would they still be good
Of course not, the story is the only thing people praise about them. While you regularly get people criticising Xenoblade's story and praising the gameplay.

So by your reasoning ACfag it's not a movie game, thanks for playing.

Because Snoy is censoring itself out of the market. They threw away millions of customers and those customers are going to switch and PC. The Neptunia game what started as PS only is censored on ps4 but Switch and PC are fine

>Why is it still selling?
It offers an experience no other directly competing product even tries to match and isn’t as horrifically obsolete on Day 1 as a 3DS.

If they got off their butts and got Netflix on it, they might speed up adoption with the soccer mom demographic a bit.

The 3ds wasn't obsolete as much as it was overpriced and had no real system seller's until pokemon.

>Death Stranding
>Cyberpunk 2077
>Final Fantasy VII remake
>The Last of Us Part II

PS4 is fucking destroying the Sw0tch

>While you regularly get people criticising Xenoblade's story and praising the gameplay.
Stopped reading there. Find me even one single Xenoblade thread that doesn't talk about the story OR post about waifus, and is 100% gameplay discussion. Then I'll believe you.

Story and waifus are a cancer and should be removed from video games.

Because it is still the only way to play first party Nintendo titles. Same reason to buy all of their past hardware.

Oh boy look at those goalposts fly.
Hey Doug, they have to talk about the game to criticise it.

They don't talk about the game, which is why most Xenoblade threads are a circlejerk talking about how amazing it is, without actually saying what is amazing about it. When prompted, their response is usually "omg it's the best game ever because Pyra is my waifu". That kind of opinion does not hold any water.

>if a game gives context to drive the player's actions, its a movie game
How do you manage to become even less intelligent every single day? In all of my years on this website, I have never encountered someone as persistently fucking stupid as you. At least have the decency to get a tripcode so others can opt out of your absolute garbage posts.

Plenty of good games and the convenience of portability.

This coming from a Snoy fanboy is rich. Most your exclusives are fucking walking sim movie games. I guess its true there are no waifus in shit like Uncharted because Snoy believes its wrong to have attractive females. Aloy looks like a 14 year old boy.

>which is why most Xenoblade threads are a circlejerk talking about how amazing it is,
Are you sure you aren't projecting that Terraria obsession? Xeno threads are never circlejerks.

It's portable and has an interesting exclusive catalog.

It is now a 500 post ACfag thread.

>if a game gives context to drive the player's actions, its a movie game
What happened to a game's context being "it's fun, so keep playing to have more fun"? Did the artistic hipsters decide that this wasn't enough anymore, and every game now needed a deep meaning? Geez, just watch a movie if you need your cinematic fix.

>Xeno threads are never circlejerks
>get called a snoyboy for implying that Xenoblade isn't a perfect masterpiece

Ah. Classic double think on display. Also, where did you get the implication that I was a snoy fanboy? If anything, look at my initial posts here They should indicate that I hold a disdain for Sony for pushing the very movie games I hate.

Yep. You'd think a guy that hates Nintendo that much would avoid that's.

>Doug Harris AKA ACfag

I was wondering why the ZSS thread just stopped out of nowhere. Big fucking surprise.

Because it has:

Netflix
Call of Duty
(Insert Rockstar title)
FIFA
Madden
NBA 2K
(Insert Hot title of the month)

Man you didn't even try with this one. I mean no one even said Xenoblade was a masterpiece to begin with.

Portable fortnite WITHOUT touch controls is probably doing it a huge favor desu.

>censoring itself out of the market

You really think those little T&A projects that move a handful of thousands of copies at best are anything more than a tiny line item in Sony's revenue stream?

Yes, movies come out every week if not less

Call of Duty and FIFA are the main reasons why the PS4 sells

It got a lot of fun games on it that people wants to play and it got more coming?

>I mean no one even said Xenoblade was a masterpiece to begin with.

Attached: 30a.jpg (475x356, 63K)

>most Xenoblade threads are a circlejerk talking about how amazing it is

Really? Most Xenoblade threads I see are the same faggot trying to shit on it by spamming that stupid dancing .webm.

It is objectively a cool piece of equipment and normies don't give a shit about graphix to the degree Yea Forums does.

I'll do you one better.

Attached: 1558825416791.jpg.jpg (784x489, 540K)

>fun first party games
>a lot of classic old games NOW PORTABLE
it's basically that. It's the best portable that happens to also be a console.

You better be ready to back that claim up Doug. Hell I'll even give you older threads to find proof.

Correct. No one said that, Doug

Because we are the old ones.
This "thing" is what the kids today are considering the apex of gaming.
And smartphones, don't forget smartphones.
The death of gaming right here.

Just to suffer?

>I consider portability a gimmick because it comes at the expense of performance
It's miles better than the last portable, though. If anything, playing on the TV is the gimmick.

>This "thing" is what the kids today are considering the apex of gaming
That's not a ps4 you know.

>art style and story are gimmicks

Holy shit you're stupid as fuck lol.

JRPG, in terms of gameplay are generally about building up characters, removed from shit like that it's basically a spreadsheet so of course it's not fun without it.

Who's Doug? Your gay lover? When will you marry him?

yeah we keep playing games that are memorable, fuck flavor of the month gaming like SJWs do, we have decent multiplayer offerings in Smash and Mario Kart and plenty of indie games as well so shut the fuck up Snoy.

>Really? Most Xenoblade threads I see are the same faggot trying to shit on it by spamming that stupid dancing .webm.
And don't get me wrong, I hate him too because he's not contributing to gameplay discussion. Infact, he's spammed that webm 800 times, last I recall. And he never has constructive criticism to offer. I, on the other hand, do my very best to explain very thoroughly my thoughts on Xenoblade, and how I would improve it. A little positive discussion goes a long way.

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/463162124/#463164090

What do I win?

Botw

Oh boy, unfortunately you lose because that's a reply to you.

>JRPG, in terms of gameplay are generally about building up characters, removed from shit like that it's basically a spreadsheet so of course it's not fun without it.
Then it's not a good video game. I can enjoy Super Mario even if every character and background was replaced with bare polygons. I could enjoy Dwarf Fortress despite being ASCII art. I could enjoy every game in my backlog on the lowest settings, with config files designed to rip out all the fancy garbage to optimize and maximumize performance. If JRPGs can't do the same, then it speaks quite clearly about their quality, or lack thereof.

>Acfagfag aka retarded schizo who thinks he can smell who's posting what

It's both a handheld and a home console. Also I can play 4 player co-op with my siblings, the Switch is perfect for people who want to play a few games together.

Nincels love bing bing wahoo

>that's a reply to you
Funny, because that post says "I don't like hating. I tend to ignore what I don't like and I like a lot of things like Splatoon, Yakuza and Monster Hunter ".

Now, when have I ever liked splatoon or Yakuza, especially since the latter is a movie game and the former is fanservice filth?

This is why

Attached: Sales.jpg (2684x1796, 1.32M)

Nobody fucking cares

Nintendo is the only company capable of keeping a franchise relevant for over 30 years, Sony can't even have a franchise sustained for 10 years without killing it

>Nintendies seethe endlessly about "snoy" in a thread that never once specifically addressed any consoles but the switch

Clockworked

MMMM SORRY HOW MUCH DID CRASH REMASTER SELL AGAIN?

WHATS THAT?

MORE THAN THE ENTIRE WII U LIBRARY?

>when you don't like a single game in this image

Attached: images.png (141x138, 2K)

I wish they could, I miss Ape Escape

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or autism

>this poster is you
>no it isn't, and I'll explain why
>OMG NOBODY FUCKING CARES

Sheesh. Calm down friend.

Calm down snoy

On ps4?
About 4.4m give or take. So not even as much as Squid 1.

Do you think everyone who replies to you is the same person? And you're calling us schizos.
Not that that's what it means.

There's no need to be upset. I'm just calmly explaining the situation. I mean no offense, user.

So many guns in that PS4 section.

And before you call Nincel, there's way too many Mario related in the Nintendo section.

There's only two Mario platformers.

Something different instead a gimped PC.
Games not censored.
Also games that wont be ported to PC till later on when a emulator is developed.

now they are targeting fat housewives with their new ads...

Attached: 1553274006398.jpg (499x481, 28K)

aren't you a special snowflake?

Why is it Nintendo vs ps4?
Shouldn't it be switch vs ps4?

Because Nintendo has multiple consoles this gen

Because its target audience wasn't old enough to play Skyrim or the FFX remaster when they were released.

Then why isn't the vita being represented for the same reason?

Vita has no games & Sony isn't capable of marketing a console around their own 1st party exclusives since they are incapable of making worthwile games

Also portability

Then it should be switch vs ps4.

Nintendo has multiple consoles, it's not their fault that Sony only is capable of sustaining one

Crash isn't a Sony franchise anymore

Why don't you actually talk about your games instead of "snoy" for once you fucking faggots.

That's exactly why it should be switch vs ps4. Sony needs the handicap.

SEETHE the Scaleless

Why would you expect discussion in an anti Nintendo thread?

I don't see Sin & Punishment: Star Successor or Xenoblade in the Nintendo section, so uh... fail. Here's a pity (You) for ya, though.

It's not just fifa floating ps4. It's all the normie/casual movie games too. People think they simply have to buy them as a status purchase but then, look at the the ps4s own completion statistics. These fuckers aren't even playing the games.

Its a device for gamers to play actual games on and a toy for children to play with. As opposed to modern consoles which are like media centers for grownup normalfag millennials who play 1 new AAA every 9 months and would rather stick to their brand identity than buy a computer despite it being cheaper.

As much as I used to like Sony in the past I really hate how they've turned gaming into brand wars.

>expecting discussion in a blatant consolewar thread

They didn't, that was sega back in the 90s.

>anyone who likes the Ps4 is a normalfag
>wtf you don't like Yea Forums approved games? fucking special snowflake, you should be more normal

Attached: 1555538450258.gif (320x320, 157K)

Nintendo is at least for now favouring gameplay over graphics which makes sense for a handheld.
If you're bemused by sales figures now, just wait until they start developing and releasing most of the 3DS library inti this thing. Theyre already starting (Luigis Mansion, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Shin Megami Tensei).
It's not just capturing the devoted nincel audience either. My last Nintendo was a 64. But this switch got me back into gaming at 34 because it's convenient. I've been grinding in xc2 like a retard for months. I haven't done that since the 90s.
If it's true that they're planning to keep this thing around for 7 years or more its gonna be the 3DS 2. There is literally nothing nintendo haters can do to prepare their anuses.

Why are you lying?

I liked this game, I recommend it.

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_MarioAndRabbidsKingdomBattle_EU_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 306K)

Almost believed you until I read you were 34 and closed your post with console warring faggotry. Just another nintendicksucker false flagging.

Sega turned it into a joke but still had some care for games. Sony is pretty much just there to get the ps4 brand out there.

Because it's a console that doubles as a hanndheld and had BOTW since launch.
inb4 "but my baby hands can't hold it so it's not a handheld! May as well get a laptop!"

People like video games and have the money to buy it? I don't understand this thread

>his niggardly Nintendo hate thread backfired
>falls on back on the old "what games!?" routine
>so he can reply with the same old "shit game! shovel ware! Bore of the ubishit! Bing Bing wahoo! Kantooooo! Wiiu port! Japanese """humour""" game!"
We've learned your tricks Eric.

I'm actually 35. My birthday was just on the 18th, still getting used to it.

Console wars were a mistake.

>implying the xbone isn’t the same
I never stated a specific one buddy. Why did you get so defensive on one of their behalf?

I couldn't care less for the Ps4 or xbox. I was more offended by the hypocrisy of attacking normalfags AND calling someone a special snowflake in the same breath.

>3 fucking fifas

You're gonna be super seethe 2 when the switch mini hits the shelves lol

>3
There's one every year but they needed to make room

Okay well I never used the word snowflake or suggested anything close to it, so wrong try again.

I mean the games that feature Mario.

Got be 18+ to post here

Can't really do that because they span different genres.

in that case monster hunter is the greatest game of all time