Looking back, did the censorship hurt Zanki Zero in the West?

Looking back, did the censorship hurt Zanki Zero in the West?

For reference, here's what got censored.
>“PlayStation 4 Packaging art: In order to conform to public storefront display standards, images that can be interpreted as too sexually provocative must be modified.
>“Sachika Bedroom Scene CGIs: In the Japanese release, Sachika’s panties are visible. In the Western release, Sachika is wearing pajama bottoms.
>“Sachika CGI in the Opening Scene: In the Japanese release, Sachika’s panties are visible. In the Western release, the camera angle has been raised to not show Sachika’s panties.
>“Child Rinko Extend Machine CGI: In the Japanese release, Child Rinko covers her chest with her arms. In the Western release, the position of her arms has been adjusted.
>“All “Child” bedtime event cutscenes removed”

Attached: zan.jpg (960x544, 85K)

My dumbass bought this on sale for $39.99. Don't be fooled by the great demo, it all goes downhill after that first boss fight. The rest of the game seems like a speedrun.

Pretty much this, even if you look past the censorship it's a pretty bad game.

Oh thank fuck, so I lose nothing by dropping it? I stopped playing midway through the second dungeon.

I skipped over it because of the censorship but desu I doubt I was going to buy it anyways.

The official forums are swarmed in complaints about the censorship, and be it twitter, youtube, reddit, fucking resetera, or here, it's been impossible to discuss the game without the censorship also being brought up.

Did that hurt its sales? Absolutely.

So many people wanted "child bedtime events"?

pricing it at $60 and keeping it there since release killed it even more than the censorship. even if it wasn't censored, it wouldn't be worth $60.

Quite strange that they censored it even though it's all ages only when we have something like Rance uncut and mosaic free in the west now.
A shame steam banned Rance VI, would have been glorious if they approved it.

>“Child” bedtime event cutscenes removed
You have piqued my interest.

At the very least me and my friend pirated. So in that sense its absolutely a lost sale. The worst thing is that these shitty sony alterations arent fixed in other releases so the god damn snot plague spreads because its a lot of busy work

PC version shouldn't have gotten the same PS4 version, at least Spike Chunsoft seemed to have realized how retarded that was as YU-NO for PC will be untouched, although plenty of people already hate the game due the new visuals anyway.

I don't play censored games as a matter of principle. My time is valuable, so if your game isn't good enough or important enough to you or your company to send to the west in it's original state, it's not worth my time to play.

>My time is valuable
>would actually waste his time on trash like this if it wasn't censored

I'm not saying I wouldn't drop it if it were trash regardless.

Yes it did. It sold pretty poorly despite being advertised as the second coming of christ.

unplayable

You don't know that it's trash until you play it.

It's already a bad game to began with.

Why do you want to see a child's underwear you nonce?

Is it bad if I want to fuck that loli?

Attached: 1467644005204.gif (514x667, 776K)

It certainly didn't help when your primary market are people that don't buy things out of "principle" if anything gets changed.
Also the game fucking sucked gameplaywise, as in actual chore.

c

unny

You lost dignity getting it to begin with.

>saying the c word
absolute madmen

I didn't buy it, I pirated it.