I had never finished a Resident Evil game before, and wasn't a very big fan either...

I had never finished a Resident Evil game before, and wasn't a very big fan either. But i decided to play through the original Resident Evil 2 in preparation for the remake. And after finishing both games, i started to ponder what game i liked better.

How come i enjoyed the original game more than the remake?

Attached: file.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0HZ_1W7MGa4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Remake cut some content and did the same thing that the RE1 remake did, which is making the characters and overall gameplay slower compared to the original.

I don't know, you're the one supposed to answer that, how come you liked the original better than the remake?

re2 is corny and endearing. re2make is soulless

RE2make is better because it actually has atmosphere and good gameplay. I wish it had the spiders tho

it looks better, and plays better. but it has none of the charm

The remake isn't like RE1's remake, which was basically the same game but expanded and improved. REmake 2 was like a whole new product paying plenty of homage to the original, with bits of story missing like why the chopper crashed or how the Super Tyrant was inserted; character interaction was decreased, scenarios are intro-only in story differences, etc. Plus while the original game was a straightforward survival horror with kooky puzzles and such, the remake tries to make everything more "plausible" at the cost of feeling a lot less genuine about it. It's obvious that puzzle design for the modern RE devs isn't anywhere as intricate as the classic puzzles or the like.

REmake 2 isn't bad, but it's more like a complimentary new vision of the original game rather than anything close to a replacement or sheer improvement.

>How come i enjoyed the original game more than the remake?
Because you actually have good taste.
The Demake was fucking rushed piece of shit, catering to 8th gen action fags. Yet it didn't even bother to be as good and fun action game as RE4.
The result: a lukewarm clusterfuck, that's master of nothing.

No. The gameplay is boring as fuck, and atmosphere is totally lost. You can't even SEE anything most of the time; it's literally darker than fucking Silent Hill.

The PS1 version has charm but the remake is actually a good horror game.

It really is not. It's another horror themed shooter like Dead Space and TEW, with barely any replay value or original ideas.

RE2 literally has flat lighting and no atmosphere. It's not scary, it's not moody, it's not tense, etc. Yes, RE2make doesn't have the original's atmosphere, because the original has no atmosphere.
The gameplay is also more interesting than anything in the original too and better by virtue of actual aiming and proper camera.

And Dead Space is up there with SH1 as one of the best and most effective horror games ever made. You just have shit taste and care more about bullet points like "does this game have too much combat do be qualified as true horror?" than you do about actually trying to enjoy the games you play

>And Dead Space is up there with SH1 as one of the best and most effective horror games ever made
Do you have any idea how fucking disgraceful and stupid shit you just typed out?

>bullet points like "does this game have too much combat do be qualified as true horror?"
I could write a small novel on why the original games are far superior to anything released with RE's name in the 2010s, but you'd probably ignore it all as "autism".

>trying to enjoy the games you play
I enjoy good games. Simple as that.
The last couple years alone have brought us some of the best games in the entire history of the media, but DEmake2 is absolutely not one of them. It is the exact same TLOU-tier, insulting disposable trash as numerous other forgettable "horror" games in the past few years, but the classic IP's name rises it on some sort of magical pedestal.

The only thing REmake 2 does better is the gameplay and making the game more spooky. Everything else, the original does better.

It means they should make old skool RE again, tank controls and all

not him but whats so disgraceful about liking Dead Space? I thought that game was scary as shit

Dead Space 1 is scarier than any RE game lol

>Do you have any idea how fucking disgraceful and stupid shit you just typed out?
Dead Space 1 has more horror in its first 30mins than the entirety of the RE series.

>Yes, RE2make doesn't have the original's atmosphere, because the original has no atmosphere.

Fucking hell shitter.

youtu.be/0HZ_1W7MGa4

Dead space is generic shit. They couldn't even be bothered to give the protagonist a face, just a trash can with a blue texture on it. Its piss filtered trash in space.

>464066910
>They couldn't even be bothered to give the protagonist a face
Oh you're just fishing for (You)s at this point.

Sorry but its clear they wanted him to be as self insert as possible. Typical west shite.

Jesus cleft chins are so ugly. Nobody has ever pulled one off well.

I think I still like RE2 just because muh nostalgia, but I was quite happy with RE2R and think it’s a good watermark for what a good remaster should be.

He has a face at the beginning and end of the game user. You've not even played it.

>posts a shit
Videogames are a visual medium you stupid fuck.

>I could write a small novel on why the original games are far superior to anything released with RE's name in the 2010s, but you'd probably ignore it all as "autism".
I probably would, because I know you're the """demake"""fag and 99% of your arguments just seem to boil down to you not liking change.
Try actually judging games on their own merits for once instead of judging them based on how much they've deviated from the things you already know you like - even if they're part of the same series like w/ RE. And you *really* need to stop judging games based on having superficial similarities to TLOU / Sony games

I did the same thing OP. I held off on RE2 for REmake 2 in 2015 after I finished REmake1 and then when I saw what REmake 2 was during E3 I decided to instead just play the original, although I held that off until it was one day until the game was coming out and had to complete it in one night.

I had a lot of fun with the original, going through two stories back to back was great and it was the perfect time of year where it was dark throughout the 8 hours or so I played. I did Leon A, Claire B (as I assume every did) and really enjoyed it. I loved everything about it to be honest. Fucking around with it in retroarch was cool as well, played some of it with filters on, some in widescreen and such.

Doing the REmake I did Claire A/Leon B and still had a lot of fun playing through it, playing it on hardcore as well was a great experience. Both games have strengths and weaknesses and both can hardly be compared beyond the fact one is a remake to the original. The gameplay, tone, story, environments etc. They're all so different. I love them both regardless.

My only complaint is that I played REmake2 before I ever played RE4 and now that I'm going through RE4 for the first time and I'm finding it kinda stiff to play. Sort of like playing a modern day FPS and going back to Goldeneye or something. I'm nearly finished as well and I honestly think 2 and 3 are better games than it, which is kinda a shame since I feel I would've loved it more if I hadn't played REmake 2 first.

Attached: Resident Evil 2 - Dual Shock Ver. (USA) (Disc 1) (Leon)-190120-224046.png (1440x1080, 1.58M)

RE2 is a very easy game with good presentation for the time.
RE2make is much more of a survival horror game and can be stressful as a result.

Yes he did but you didn't get to play as it you retard. Its not scary.

Look at this retard

>They couldn't even be bothered to give the protagonist a face
another bullet point about why a game can't be good because it has / doesn't have [x], ignoring the fact that DS is still pretty much universally considered to be effective horror

Deprive him of (You)s, or dont even bother replying at all. This same autist has been in every REmake 2 thread.

RE2 has a lot of that PS1-era charm to it, but I think some of it has to do with features like the zapping system, and the introduction at Racoon City which feels too scripted in the remake compared to being more dangerous in the original. That's not to say RE2make is bad, but I guess its like comparing the original Dawn of the Dead to its remake. Both are so similar and different that it ultimately comes down to preference which you like more, even though both are still really enjoyable in their own right

The 2-scenario zapping system was amazing. It was practically experimental. I don't think any other game has done anything like it before or since

user, I love Dead Space as an action game with good atmosphere, but it isn't scary at all when you feel so powerful most of the time. Plus necromorph encounters are so frequent that any fear of the unknown quickly gets stripped away past the first few times you see them.

You keep encountering freakish unknown new forms of them the further you progress, and they get faster and more slithery and harder to aim + shoot off their limbs the further you go. Their designs are all horrifying like you want to just keep stomping them like "FUCK YOU DISGUSTING FREAK FUCK", and the sound design for them is fantastic (dividers for example). A lot of them will jump scare you too, and the horrific orchestral music in the background during fights increases the feelings of intensity by a lot as well. The environments you progress further into feel more and more unknown as well, like the ship's engineering bay with its massive FTL tech, zero-G areas where you can't hear anything but your own footsteps and grunting, that military ship that crashes in full of necromorph stasis marines, and the food area where that tumor-like necromorph mass started growing.
It's a great horror game, one of the greatest

Siren does something like that

>This same autist has been in every REmake 2 thread

You clearly have me confused for someone else.

Attached: lights on.jpg (1920x1080, 286K)