Microsoft is bringing more of their first party games to Steam

news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/05/30/microsoft-approach-to-pc-gaming/?ocid=XGP_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_5.30.1

Is Microsoft the good guy now?

Attached: xbonefb.jpg (1280x720, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/1kSEG7C9z_RQTBJoTV5cHg/
venturebeat.com/2019/01/30/microsoft-earnings-q2-2019/
blog.samuelmaddock.com/posts/google-widevine-blocked-my-browser/
engadget.com/2019/02/01/sony-playstation-4-profit/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony
epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/journey/home
epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/heavy-rain/home
epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/beyond-two-souls/home
epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/detroit-become-human/home
ski.ihoc.net/
tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-ubuntu-on-windows
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what exactly is Microsoft's end game?
I know they make money no matter what platform their games are on,how does this help with console sales?

Why would they care about hardware sales if they have software sales?

so are they abandoning the console market all together?

MS is free to experiment with their gamin division, MS Office alone earns more than all of Sony and Nintendo combined anyway.

No, they are keeping Xbox for the low IQ market

list of games? otherwise who cares

Yes
They don't care about console sales.
No, retards and normies who don't know how a PC works are still going to buy a console. Microsoft just realized platform exclusives only matter to the die-hard fanboy, which are only a small percentage of the total number of people who play on consoles.
Fuck exclusivity, it's only bad for the consumer in the end.

Attached: consider.jpg (569x428, 25K)

A decade ago they tried to compete with Steam, EA Download Manager etc directly with GFWL. Unfortunately for Microsoft GFWL was total garbage and whilst they were successful in getting some publishers to sign onto it (2K and THQ among others) it gradually died out as customers hated using it. The original promise of GFWL was that you could have the Xbox Live Experience on PC, with accounts being linked and some early crossplay attempts.

Now they're skipping the GFWL part and going straight for the main course - which is to have everyone using Windows 10, hence why they are now putting a lot of games on Steam (the Windows Store is a dumpster fire). They'd rather have everyone use Steam + Windows 10 than Steam + Linux, even if it means they cannibalize some console sales.

Microsoft is too big to care about having an endgame or exclusives. They're not like Nintendo or Sony, they can do whatever the fuck they want basically.

give me Jet Set Radio future or fuck off

>Spreading their cancer
>The good guy

No thanks, Aaron

They couldn't go for the film enthusiast market, Sony already has that one cornered.

The vast majority of PC players don't own a console, and vice versa. They lose nothing. Do you really think your average joe who buys a console will get a PC now because Xbox's games are on Steam suddenly?

Their endgame seems to be the following:
"Make XBOX and its library available everywhere. Creating a constant stream of talks about it, increasing sales"
While it doesn't seem to work for the XBOX hardware sales wise, Software and services will give Microsoft a bit of cash.

Attached: haaaai.jpg (400x400, 60K)

>Seething Xcuck retard

Attached: 90+ on metatric.png (800x1011, 303K)

>Fuck exclusivity, it's only bad for the consumer in the end.

Explain

I get how it doesn't really benefit consumers but it really doesn't hurt you at all. If you want to play Mario buy a Switch, if you don't want to buy a Switch there are plenty of alternatives available. It's not like they have exclusive rights to an entire genre.

You're never getting it on PC, nigger. Either emulate it somehow or fuck off. It should stay an Xbox only exclusive.

This. Sony is propped by Playstation, Nintendo only have consoles. MS has more fuck you money than 999% of companies. Keep in mind this is the same company who threw 2 billion down the drain just to compete with the PS2. And to this day continues to burn money doing so.

Exclusive games arent the one pushing console sales though in the case of the PS4. It´s games like FIFA, COD or GTA that push those numbers. Unless you´re Nintendo, which only has exclusives, the PS4 is mostly carried by those games. Exclusives are just icing on the cake.

You just answered your own question retard.

I JUST WANT FUCKING FABLE 2 AND LOST ODDESSY ON PC YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS

Benefiting the producer != Hurting the consumer

But thanks for letting me know you didn't actual have a point, and you're just angry.

>Fable 2
AAAAAAAAAAA LET ME PLAY IT ON PC MICROSOFT YOU SHITS

Also a better Game Pass for PC is coming so hope is not lost user

Consoles are sold at a loss

So basically what you're saying is that PS4 is for brainlet normies.

JET SET RADIO FUTURE HD FUCKING WHEN HOLY SHIT

It's the only Xbox exclusive game worth staying on Xbox. I don't want PCfags playing the game.

Pls release Forza on steam so I can play it on Linux

Attached: 1555870414001.jpg (156x166, 31K)

Read this, PCfag

Also everyone reading this thread needs to remember that HARDWARE is the low margin part, with a lot of consoles being sold at a loss. The only real caveat to Microsoft's plan is that they are forgoing 30% to Steam or whoever is running the store's they sell through. Obviously they do not need to forgo this money if you subscribe to their game-pass program, hence why they are pushing that. Additionally they're banking on the fact that you will purchase a Windows subscription, use Microsoft programs (e.g. Skype and M$ Word) etc and this will be more valuable than any potential losses.

Last but not least they are pushing "buy once play anywhere" so that customers build up a W10 Store / Xbone library and thus will continue to be invested in the Microsoft eco-system going forward. This is the master plan. Shifting Xbone SADs at a loss is NOT what they are focusing on, they want everyone to be tied into the Microsoft leviathan.

Chucksider the Followsneed

>Almost sold a 100 milion units
I sure as shit wouldnt say that most of those units were bought for exclusives that´s for sure. So yeah it´s the normalfag console of this gen. The PS4 has the normies´ attention yes.

I don't read faggot retard posts, sorry faggot retard

Finally I can play Gears with my Steambros.

Attached: gr5.webm (750x425, 2.75M)

I hope you people defending exclusive games in this thread are just joking.

>own perfectly capable gayman PC
>game comes out exclusively on switch/xbone/ps4
>have to buy shitty underpowered overpriced piece of shit hardware to play said game
Yes exclusivity is cancer. Fucking moron.

They're not. They're doing it to justify their purchase

snoys are so easy

Then again publishers think that most of their audience are on consoles. But there´s more PC ports than ever.

I surprisingly enjoyed the fuck out of Ryse: Son of Rome. It helped me sharpen my reflexes, something I sadly haven't used in years.
Also it's a game about Rome that isn't a city builder.

>have to buy shitty underpowered overpriced piece of shit hardware to play said game

Then just don't get the game, I don't see the problem. It's not like there aren't thousands of other games on Steam. The entire point of exclusives is to persuade people to buy their hardware. If not being able to play their exclusives is killing you that much, then they're marketing clearly worked on you.

Unless it's a title that was previously multiplat that was made into an exclusive, there's really no problem. I'm sorry you can't bing bing wahoo on PC Yea Forums-friend but that's your problem, I couldn't care less about exclusives not being on PC.

Attached: 1549161109297.jpg (274x184, 8K)

Stay in your hole, Xnigger.

>SIE commits suicide
There's no better time to improve their gaming brand than now.

I wonder if this means X360 games included in the game pass as well.

I dont even have an Xbox you dumb nigger.

Attached: maxresdefault - 2019-05-30T145832.384.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Isn't that the point he was making though?
It's bad for the consumer.

PC always wins baby

seething snoygger

>It's this subretard again

epic and chinks blown the fuck out

>The entire point of exclusives is to persuade people to buy their hardware
Yes, no shit sherlock.
The consumer ultimately pays the price in the end. Thanks for confirming my point.

Yeah I'm sure it's just one guy throwing that phrase around around

S E E T H I N G
E
E C O P E
T O
H P
I E
N
G

Attached: hehe.jpg (413x395, 38K)

>Microsoft try to push GFWL
>It's cancer, no one likes it and it dies
>Microsoft try to push Windows 10 store by making their games exclusive there
>It's cancer, no one likes it and it's not making them as much money as they hoped for
>Microsoft finally decides to release it on Steam to make more money
>"Microsoft is one of the good guys! Based! They're looking out for us!"

Attached: 115.gif (500x375, 995K)

Must have taken you a while to conjure that up in your faggot retard brain, faggot retard

If they keep going down this path then yes they will be good guys in my eyes.
I still won't buy Win10, but I might get Win11 if it ever comes out.
Also, Windows 8(.1) is actually a really good OS.

How is the consumer hurt for not being able to play a game that was made for the purpose of persuading them to buy hardware?
Exclusives wouldn't be made in the first place if there was no console to market. Sony wouldn't fund them if it didn't market their hardware.

Nice rundown.

Did you just wait 10 minutes for me to reply? Faggot. I got other shit to do than argue with faggots.

OK now you're just being a retard on purpose.

This. They are both entirely separate markets. From a console perspective, xbox players still get exclusives over Sony/Ninendo players, but now players who use PC over console have their games available to them as well. It's a win win.

17* minutes.

>This lack of self awareness

They also spent $2billion buying Minecraft which was insane as I spent only $30.

Attached: Linus_pilot1.jpg (190x222, 18K)

Gaben wins again by doing
FUCK ALL
U
C
K

A
L
L
How does he get away with it lads?

Attached: 1464933334801.jpg (199x257, 10K)

Because they have to buy hardware they don't want just to play a game that would run better on the hardware they already have. They'd benefit if the game wasn't exclusive.

Standing in the corner of the ring while your opponent does a backflip and breaks their neck is a valid strategy

But the game wouldn't exist if it wasn't an exclusive

I get what your saying but they cant even do that right. Neither of their consoles play 4K movies meanwhile the Xbox S and X versions do.

You think they haven't been in touch with MS about this?

In some cases that's true, other cases it's not.

Yep.

I thought the David Cage movies played on 4K on PS4

EMBRACE
EXTEND
EXTINGUISH

When will you faggots learn. This is the way Microsoft operates. Everything they do is to destroy competition.

If 1920x2160 is 4k, yes.

Microsoft is bowing out of the market!! Best timeline.

>Destroy competition by making the MS Store and Xbox App pointless.

Do you watch your Sony games on YouTube or do you use your boyfriend's Netflix account?

Attached: 1556917608756.png (1445x1529, 177K)

Why did I buy XBONE? I figured its Microsoft. They always have quality games, Xbox and 360 were great. But there is literally nothing great on XBONE, and the few decent games can be played on PC anyway. Cancelling Scalebound was a huge mistake.

>They'd rather have everyone use Steam + Windows 10 than Steam + Linux

So what happens when all their games run perfectly under Linux via Proton?

It's true in all the first party exclusives.
Look at SEGA, after they dropped the hardware market, their first party games went to shit, because they didn't need them to sell consoles anymore.

Hmm... I how Xbox fags will spin this.

>what exactly is Microsoft's end game?
there endgame is streaming games to you. you buy a subscription and can play any game in their library on your pc, console or mobile phone.
its fairly obvious what they did.
first they started created a new software architecture that works on their consoles and windows, so you have one codbase that compiles to both platforms and probably even more. then they copied steam with the buy one game and play it on any platform that its available on(in steams case its windows, mac and linux if the games have ports for those platforms). now they are working with other companies to make streaming platforms happen for their games.

its really obvious. i bet in a another two console generations, consoles will be like the steam link aka low power devices that are strong enough to decode streams at 60fps in whatever resolution is best suited.

the intermediary step to streaming though is getting rid of physical which can be a challange especially in the US since the majority of the us still has data caps and the network really is for a lack of a better word slow. but im pretty sure once internet services actually demand gigabit internet even the american ISPs will get off their asses and actually improve the infrastructure.

Attached: boomer greg.jpg (1029x1000, 275K)

>So mad he hit the post number twice
Cope harder about Uncle Phil leaving your ass exposed, sperglord.

Attached: perfect wife.jpg (1242x1275, 250K)

We won't, it's a win for everyone.

Except for Xbox owners.

How? What exactly are they taking away from me? For all i care the games i play will get more populated now and i'll get to play with friends that jumped ship years ago.

Xbox owners already have these games. Bringing these games to other platforms doesnt make them unplayable on xbox

I would assume they're trying to use buy-once-play-anywhere and the game pass to ensure you've already invested in the Win 10 store by the time that Proton is fully in swing. That and the fact that Proton is likely to remain relatively niche for a few years (who's going to switch to Linux solely for a buggier experience off the bat outside of power users?)

Why.
The only peple who get mad over losing their exclusives are jelly nintykids and snoyfags because other people who aren't part of their special club get to play it too.

MS will buy out Valve once Gabe retires. They'll be buddy-buddy with them in the mean time.

Attached: 1540317149600.png (600x600, 215K)

>me
kek the faggot exposes himself

Dont say such things

Attached: 1473197972793.png (403x218, 106K)

MS had no other choice - Steam is defacto Monopoly

Yeah i got an xbox, got a problem with that bucko? I'm not an insecure queer like you.

Attached: 20181117_172758.jpg (4128x2322, 1.77M)

microsoft doesnt have games

Tell that to every dev going to Epic. Believe it or not the MS Store and XBox App are bigger than Epic.

they make new incompatible version of DX

They aren't reliant on consoles sales.

hahahahah pindick xfag, fuck off back to r*ddit

So 5 games?

>all of the gay mans running smoothly on lean cocks
I wish, but that will never going to happen.

and we all know the sole reason why they do it - Epic pays millions upfront
bur if you actually want to sell games to a large audience you have no choice but Steam

does this mean we will finally get ninja gaiden blacked and 2 on pc?

This won't affect console sales. It's not like every casual fifa playing console player is suddenly going to get up and buy/build a PC because of this. Console and PC market don't overlap there will always be millions of people who want a cheap affordable console for their multiplats and their will always be millions of people who want nothing but the best or the best like 60 fps, mods, free games etc

>first-party

>steam is getting besieged by some EPIC lads with a ton of fortnite money
>suddenly, the winged xbros arrive
I miss being a 12 year old fanboy shitposting on YouTube lads. Now I work for the man

>AoE: DE finally on Steam
YES, THE VERY FIRST GAME I PLAYED. FUCKING THANKS.

Also
>Gears is now going to be on Steam
>post yfw Steam has more Epic-developed titles than Epic has games in their store

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/1kSEG7C9z_RQTBJoTV5cHg/

If consoles are better than PC, why do they use PCs to make games for consoles? Really maeks you think

Epic BTFO.

SEGA has always been shit

Based Microsoft

Attached: Capture.png (709x500, 36K)

>Paying fee just to be able to pay again.
I'd rather torrent.

Attached: 1558969031290.jpg (302x1024, 75K)

They're going for a monopoly. They want Xbox games to be everywhere there are gamers. You realize if this catches on they would hold a massive influence over the market.

I'm glad they realized that they can't just kill win32 now that wine is actually really fucking good.

Lop your balls off like a good Xfag.

They talk about bringing Gears 5, will they bring the other Gears of War games and what others can we expect? I missed Gears when I was younger because the ESRB rating, but now want to try it out on PC.

Like just pirate it Microsoft why would you spend that much on that shit

>Leave Steam and make their own storefront
>other publishers do the same, and now others sold their souls to the EGS
>return to Steam to have the Spotlight
>Halo MCC top whishlisted game

I don't under fucking stand how Phil Spencer is allowed to just shit all over Microsoft's policies and plans by doing pro-consumer shit.

The man simply cannot be stopped, not even by his own company.

Good I hope they abandon that windows store garbage

>ITT rscottyg getting mocked just like he was in high school because of his sexual maladjustment, autism and undersized genitalia and owning a xbox while the cool kids had a PS2
>In the distance his mother's muffled orgasmic screaming is getting louder and louder
>Now he's going mad and dumping his sperg folder he got off the huehue retards at Xbox Milgrau and Twitter because the xshit conference at e3 is going to be a flop and the xmongs will commit suicide en masse

Fucking LOL. Go ask Mommy for some tendies when she's stopped taking Tyrone's dick in her colon. After that prep the noose and kill yourself so the world doesn't have to put up with your stench anymore. Just die already

Considering Reach is coming to pc already the only thing that could get me exited is gears 2 on pc.

Honestly, I love this man Spencer. Sucks that he has basically been trying to improve Xbox's image after the shit Mattrick pulled.

>Implying Satya didn't make him do it after all his other initiatives failed miserably

Fucking pleb

Attached: thumbnail_IMG_20171118_131724336_HDR.jpg (960x1280, 170K)

>the best selling Epic games series will be on steam
>but not on EGS
the absolute state of Swiney

Attached: gears-of-war-collection-xbox-one.jpg (770x513, 87K)

FABLE 2 FUCKING WHEN

Attached: 1539135758720.png (220x279, 175K)

literally all of spencer's work has been put towards the next generation. he knows it's over for xbox in this one. he knows the xbone is a flop. he has spent every penny investing in studios and IP for the next generation. 6 studios working on first party exclusives. machine learning that is projecting price/performance for their next consoles. experimenting with xbox one x to see if a powerful console model with a high price point can sell based on specs alone.

Everything has led towards next generation.

To Steam? Unlikely, but if they're bringing any 360 games to PC's game pass you can be sure that Gears 2-3 will be the first games in the list.

I wonder if Ninja Gaiden games will also be included over time. Always been interested in trying it out but I never owned an Xbox.

The only thing i'm jelly about in this pic is the bottle of water because i'm a bit thirsty right now. Also, might as well put the TV on the ceiling man, wtf?

They're just trying to stay relevant and establish a foothold for when xbox as a console dies

Does this mean Lost Odyssey could come over?

Now that's epic.

I actually applaud the decision.

If it works out for them, and winds up being financially sound, it sets a precedent about game publishing that I think is worth setting: "you make the money from selling the game".

There's a direct financial incentive for Sony, Nintendo, etc., to sell their games on other platforms, because they get paid for every sale. Currently the business model du jour seems to be that using them to drive customers to your specific hardware is a better strategy, but there's no real data to support its superiority. Yes, you make more money if the people who buy your console buy other games for it as well (because of your cut of the publishing revenue, microtransaction fees, etc), but you're losing money on the people who don't, and there's no data to support that one should outweigh the other.

Of course, it could very easily blow up in their face. That would be a bummer but it could happen. It's a gamble, but it's an important gamble for a big player to make, because it will teach the entire industry something about the way it's structured right now that might cause massive changes.

Microsoft isn't just a console company, they make a lot more PC Stuff like every usable OS besides some mac OS's. idk how this has to do with steam, but it isn't always about console sales.

Maybe they are trying to be good to gaymers who are too autistic to know their own good
>epic timed exclusive
>fucking chinks playing it unfair by bribing studios and forcing me to use inferior plateform
>sony timed exclusive
>based sony destroying the competition and improving its plateform by adding new cool games that you can't now play on other superior plateforms

Attached: 1537898988066.jpg (510x476, 50K)

TOP KEK

They left the market because Sony is too powerful.

Full tilt on steam when?

Attached: okz0xlt4jy3y.png (600x416, 138K)

I am amazed about how little I care.

I really think Yea Forums underestimates just how many kids play Minecraft. I work in a library and every fucking kind of Minecraft book(the official novels, unofficial novels, the "how-to-play" guides and the "advanced how-to-play" guides) is perpetually checked out.
It's honestly astounding.

MS does own the rights but there would have to be a lot of interest shown in the game. The only time MS ever even acknowledged it existed after release was when they made the game free for a week a couple of years ago to promote 360 bc.

Dropping dead weight and focusing on other things.

They "quit" the browser wars. Next Edge browser will be Chrome-based (well it will use the same engine).
They've given up on a lot of office-related stuff, most people can use google drive and get the same functionality.
Consoles are not panning out for them the way they wanted. If they make another one it will probably just be a small form factor PC running a barely-modified windows 10 (probably using whitelisted apps to protect users from themselves).
They'll probably do more VR/MR stuff as that's working out pretty well for them as is their peripheral line and hololens 2 despite being a meme for consumers is actually getting used in industrial settings.
AFAIK their cloud services (Azure etc) are all doing well so probably expect some sort of streaming content service from them in the near future. They will probably have an answer to Google's Stadia.

I will keep up hope then

Don't even joke about things like that.

Yeah kids love minecraft I see my younger cousins love it, I work in a program primarily for middle school kids and they love it and only play roblox if they can't set up minecraft

Attached: minecraftjokesforautistsbyautists.jpg (2448x3264, 478K)

I wish. At least we're getting Senran Kagura Peach Ball soon.

Nobody can beat Gayben.

Attached: 1548484749293.jpg (800x1200, 184K)

yeah they're based but what games

Crapgamer just committed suicide three times over.

How old are you console fags? Not trying to ignite a war, but all these games just seem so tired and generic. All that does it for me now is PC autism simulators and other games relative to that sort of thing.

Did i get old?

Attached: jizzbucket.jpg (564x559, 52K)

Attached: iu.gif (320x240, 981K)

We have that book in the branch I worked at today.

>"What walks down the road going Oom Oom?"
>"A cow going backwards!"

Imagine owning a console in 2019

Attached: SteamChad.png (1068x601, 261K)

Technically he used valve game money to make steam and continued to improve steam and now is working on new VR and haptic/brain interface technologies so he can be ahead of the curve once again.

Console fags range all ages, it is all about mindset. Wanting to not have to setup a PC and manually update or patch on PC. Believing a PC only needs to be at a desk and believing you can't setup a PC in your home theater or media area. Believing it is just young kids or young adults sounds retarded to me

that and Silicon Valley seems to be content monopolizing up and not infringing on the other's space. Like fucking Microsoft got in hot water for their shitty Internet Explorer ages ago but here we are in current year with Google Chrome becoming the only browser standing so where the fuck is the EU demanding Google be broken up?
Consoles were Bill Gates' idea to get a multi-media device into every household (probably to spy on users) but tablets/handhelds fulfill this role better than a game console. >xbox turns on mysteriously in the middle of the night, blinks red at you and powers back off
MUH CLOUD is because their CEO has been pushing the cloud-based service meme so hard. It takes control away from the user and locks it up in nebulous online-mandatory aether where the Microsoft corporation has control.

Ah so it is now offical, Xbox is dead.

Yeah, I'm not buying this Xfag fallout under the guise of PCMR. I smell Xnigger cope a mile away.

If the Microsoft games indeed require an Xbox Live account, you would be mostly right. It's more dangerous for third party consoles, tho.

Attached: cute023.jpg (403x442, 26K)

>Wanting to not have to setup a PC and manually update or patch on PC.
How is that a problem for anyone over 12 or under 60?

Does this mean we're getting State of Decay 2 on Steam?

Attached: 1553025621370.jpg (414x414, 43K)

You would be surprised how much laziness and complacency plays a role in this sort of thing

Can't wait to play 99hrs of Sea of Shit.

Wait, does this mean we can play all of the halo games on PC? They have every game on game pass.

Its already on windows store so probably

What games on Halo aren't included in the MCC but on Gamepass?

good for you pcpirates, plenty more titles to add to crackwatch!

>we are in current year with Google Chrome becoming the only browser standing so where the fuck is the EU demanding Google be broken up?
Mozilla still has a decent share of the market. Tho I agree that Edge switching to Chromium was fucking dangerous.

I concede, i suddenly remember that these types of people exist.

I'm pretty sure Halo 5 is the only one. MCC is also on game pass.

> A company tries different ways to make more money
Great insight. You should be an economist.

Attached: 01042925-D5FF-4F20-9B37-1FD582AA7716.jpg (1791x1519, 782K)

because of console oriented development many games are so dumbed down in game mechanics and game complexity to widen the range of consumers and the age rantings, so much that it has become painful to watch. This is also why you rarely find complex games on consoles

it hurts the consumer in the end

>Also a better Game Pass for PC
I'm gonna need a source for the word 'better'

This is the only thing I want, and maybe Infinite Undiscovery, I guess Blue Dragon too.

This is the only post worth considering. MS will buy vs build if the market is right.

meant for

Imagine being as cucked by giant corperations as this user. Fucking pathetic.

I don't want to think about GabeN dying

>Ori and the Will of the Wisps on steam
this is all I need this year

Attached: 1533900267154.png (559x523, 221K)

The first one was on pc, the sequel will be too

WTF, this guy's right.
Office made 10.1 BILLION in one quarter and Nintendo made 9 billion in a last year. And playstation made 3.5 billion.
Jesus Christ Xbox to Microsoft is just for fun at this point.

Steam is the question

stfu steam cuck

MS is trying to be the Netflix for games.

Which honestly isn't the worst thing; it keeps you from being swindled 60 bucks for a shitty game. And truth be told I stopped pirating music once I got spotify. Its about convenience and as Gabe said "piracy is a service issue"

>OP implies MS is doing this out of consideration for the consumers
>Point out the stupidity of this
Then you, the real genius here, show up acting like pointing out this stupidity makes me dumb.

actually, they are making less and less money like this

people using their own platform for most of the games they buy (aka: using their console):
>get 30% cut from absolutely ALL third party games sold on the platform and even from their microtransactions
>huge income from online subscriptions
>get 100% revenue from the few first party games

people using MS store on pc:
>get 100% revenue from the few first party games

people buying MS games on steam steam:
>get 65-70% cuts from the few first party games

I guess you could also add that the MS games on pc also give a minimal boost to people choosing a W10 license instead of a mac. Still it's a HUGE difference in revenue compared to them selling not just their own, but everyone's games on their own platform. People saying that "the make money anyway" are retards who don't understand how much less money they make this way.

Still, in their current state it's probably the best thing they can do. All of their IPs are dying, announcing all Halo games for the PC did a lot to rekindle it's popularity. They are probably just

I don't think they need the money user
venturebeat.com/2019/01/30/microsoft-earnings-q2-2019/

Gabe is so based wish he was in the public eye more

SEETHING consolekek

Seething lel. PCMR can't stop winning

He should; I think the issue with Steam/Valve is he has a bunch of yes men which is why there is tons of shitty things coming from them.

They saying nothing about steam you retard. They probably trying to launch the Xbox live on W10

cope

>finally, we're not the most hated name in pc gaming! nows our chance to grab customers!

>yfw JSRF

Attached: repent zoomer.jpg (443x455, 33K)

>tfw project gotham racing 3 will never be on steam

>We will continue to add to the more than 20 Xbox Game Studios titles on Steam, starting with Gears 5 and all Age of Empires I, II & III: Definitive Editions. We know millions of PC gamers trust Steam as a great source to buy PC games and we’ve heard the feedback that PC gamers would like choice.

Didn't read it, did you.

COPE

Attached: CREAM.png (723x872, 55K)

I played it on Steam and it was fun, Control looks boring.

Attached: quantu.webm (760x600, 2.99M)

They plan to offer Xbox Live anywhere they can.
Cuphead on Nintendo Switch was only the first step.
Xbox hardware is fucking dead.
Long live to Xbox Live.

go look up global browser shares
edge is fucking dead, like below 5% of browsers

they have to do this for the browser name to survive

>the leak was real
They're literally the good guys.

>we are excited to share that we will be enabling full support for native Win32 games to the Microsoft Store on Windows
i guess they realized they could never fix the uac bug or implement exclusive fullscreen lmao

Bethesda did more or less the same thing, using the EGS shitshow to gain good boy points out of announcing their stuff coming to Steam.
Can you honestly blame them? Epic is giving fucking EA a run for their money for most hated company.

Any hopes of Perfect Dark 0 and Banjo Kazooie series on Steam?

I would have preferred to not give even more power to Google.

blog.samuelmaddock.com/posts/google-widevine-blocked-my-browser/

This. The reason I game exclusively on PC in the first place is because the library for PC gaming is an ever expanding near-infinite source of entertainment that eventually envelops other platforms via emulation. I might not ever play bloodborne or a couple switch games but I am so spoiled for entertainment otherwise that i'll never notice.

I hope the switch gets Xbox Live; they current system fucking sucks.

hiding behind PC since PS4 broke their spirit

>They "quit" the browser wars. Next Edge browser will be Chrome-based (well it will use the same engine)
About fucking time. Fuck ie, edge, and all the mediocre faggots who worked on that piece of shit. Hope they fucking kys. if I ever get an interviewee stating he previously worked on ie or edge I'll kick him the fuck out on the spot.

Microsoft will move to making gaming PC's.

That's why they added mouse and keyboard support to the XB1. They understand the console market will be gone in 10 years.

Halo Wars 2 and Halo 5

Chrome based Edge is fucking beautiful. Chrome with none of the Google shit added. You can even install chrome extensions.

>GFWL
Thanks for making me remember how Ziff Davis killed Computer Gaming World, which was one of the oldest video game magazines out there (25 years old in 2006) for "Games for Windows: The Official Magazine" which lasted for less than two years before being killed off for good.

Attached: 1522810118434.jpg (601x695, 44K)

Yes. Rare games are owned by ms

Xbros and PC masterrace unite to take out Snoyboys

>the console market will be gone in 10 years.

You can't honestly believe this

god i hope they also port the games from the first xbox gen
>jsrf
>blynx
>ninja gaiden

They are making more money this way. 100000 sales on steam is better than 1000 sales on win10 store

The game streaming industry will kill the need for consoles.

He's not wrong about consoles getting killed but it's not going to be by gaming PCs so much as streaming services.

Hardcore gamers will be forced onto PC and the rest of the "i'm too dumb to put cable a in slot b" plebs will get their simplified tablets with gamepads and streaming game services. Every single manufacturer wants this because streaming SaaS is the ultimate DRM, no more piracy and they can shut down your game whenever they want to force you to buy the sequel.

>Streaming

That is a worse fate than hell itself

Issue is the tech is there; people's Internet isn't. If only home internet gets the 5G treatment is there is a baseline of "acceptable broadband" the fact that "Broadband" is still 1.5M/bs and latency/ping isn't even considered.

They’re not going anywhere. Consoles are a great option for people who want to just plug and play. Which is most people.

What more do they have then Halo?

I just wanted to say you user's in this thread are pretty knowledgeable about gaming as it currently stands and what it'll be like in the near future. You guys are alright.

user, kids already play fortnite on phones and they are going to be the future consumers of electronic entertainment.

99% of watered down electronics equivalent buyers (like the oculus quest instead of the valve index) are going to be children because that's what mommy and daddy budgeted for them and they want to play minecraft and VRchat with all the cool kids and make jokes about n word passes and whatever the fuck is trendy these days.

Kids with no standards are the new target audience now. The only escape is into PC gaming and even that is on shaky ground.

Money to do shit like this. PS4 still sees PC as the enemy rather than an extension platform.

>that's why Sony allows ports of Journey and those Quantic Dream games they own

[Laughs in Proton]

Yeah but companies only ever do good things for cynical reasons. Praise it and enjoy it while you can, just remain vigilant.

That's an exception and not the rule. Look into your heart, you know its true. Call me when their first party titles are on PC and Steam.

The article mentioned gears 5 specifically, along with Halo mcc obviously. Too bad gears 4 ruined the franchise for me.

Also
>we’ve heard the feedback that PC gamers would like choice. We also know that there are other stores on PC, and we are working to enable more choice in which store you can find our Xbox Game Studios titles in the future.
epic btfo

>The falseflagging xfag is here

Delicious.

PSnow?

Native, not steaming
(sorry for moving goal-post you have a point they aren't the enemy per se; but their dragging feet with cross-play shows Sony is still weary of things not playstation)

Consoles are always either sold at a loss or for little profit.
The main money maker is game sales, subscriptions, and micro transactions. All of which they can do with or without an Xbox.
Though Xbox gives them a wider reach so having it makes sense.

Attached: illust_74923285_20190528_213011.png (600x848, 518K)

Why no one mentions Nintendo? They hate PC gaming more than Sony.

Twisted Metal.

Only big guys get to be villains. Microsoft isn't a big guy in gaming. They are struggling to survive.

Nintendo doesn't even allow Direct messages between users on their own system so I opted them out. They will always be at least 5 years behind tech.

Nintendo is off on their own little island doing their own thing. I wouldn't say they hate PC gaming, rather they don't care what PC does (outside of emulators since Nintendo sees that as piracy)

This is pretty much them scattering their ashes to make sure Xbox is more than a console. We'll see in a few years how it works out.

>I wouldn't say they hate PC gaming
They would allow PC ports for some of their titles if they wouldn't hate it. Hell, they ported to mobile and nVidia Shield.

You mean, their non-existent console sales?

>They hate PC gaming more than Sony.
Sorry to burst your bubble but game companies aren't run by twelve-year-old console war babies. Nintendo is just trying to make most money and their strategy is to keep to their own platforms.

>made 70% as much money as sony in 2018 with sony having sold 100% more consoles
>50m console sales is struggling

one company doing well doesn't mean all other companies are struggling retard. were sony struggling when they got decimated by the wii and 360 in 7th gen by that logic? they were literally losing billions and had the worst selling console.

saving this post for when it eventually happens

Attached: 2a1851bcaceac8216b67f1b3a76e92be.png (160x135, 19K)

Microsoft has a benefit over sony. All their divisions are making money. Sony's issue is all money PlayStation makes is null due to them moving it around to offset losses from other Divisions.

>microsoft are doing this to fight the chinks and epic
BASED
I am buying Halo on Steam

Attached: 1512654712903.png (1024x576, 249K)

Sony still ends up significantly in the black because they have a fucking insurance division.

i was talking about gaming revenues specifically but sure.

True but in a corporation all money is connected.
engadget.com/2019/02/01/sony-playstation-4-profit/

> SEGA is a partner

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh.......

They sell insurance too?

Those three dudes looked so disconnected from PC as a whole it was kinda cringy to watch the stream. It's like they've never played on PC before and it's a compeltely new territory in their lives.

this has been news for ages though. sony has a massively profitable gaming division followed by their sensor division (which are the market leading products) yet they're still propping up their shitty mobile, tv and movie divisions (not sure about sony music). they're so desperate to sell phones and tv's they're offering a free ps4 with a purchase of a smart phone or tv in my country.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony
look under services on the right side

SEGA is willing to stick their dick in almost any new gaming service/console out there

I just want Rare Replay Collection, mainly Viva Pinata Lost in paradise.

historically sega and microsoft were best buds back in the day but under mattrick they got blown off a bit. they seem to be working on big things with MS though

Attached: 1519862510675.png (1356x712, 770K)

Gabe hates MS though and split with the company specifically because he didn't like how they do things. The only way this could happen is if Gabe's successor has ties to microsoft.

*ahem*
FUCK CONSOLES AND FUCK EPIC GAMES

Attached: phil-spencer-e3-2017.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 120K)

Pretty much all of Sony's businesses have been turning a profit for years. Its only the phone division which loses money. They publish their financial results, look it up

Why not release their own store?
Not that I want yet another one but it is weird Microsoft not cashing in that shit since they obviously can afford it.

>Beinng loyal to a brand
Here's 2/3rds of a Yikes!

I think they're afraid of all the money Valve have thrown at Linux gaming. They don't need to make deals with Epic because they're insignificant and because Sweeny hates Linux.

Sony never owned journey or Quantic dream/their games.
They published them, and likely had a 5/10 year license or whatever (or maybe there was a buyout clause), once that expired the devs are free to publish on whatever other platforms they want.

>© 2012-2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. Journey is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. Developed by thatgamecompany.
epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/journey/home

>Heavy Rain™ ©2009-2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Developed by Quantic Dream. “Heavy Rain” is a trademark of Quantic Dream. All rights reserved.
epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/heavy-rain/home

>Beyond: Two Souls™ ©2013-2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Developed by Quantic Dream. “Beyond: Two Souls” and “Beyond” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. All rights reserved.
epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/beyond-two-souls/home

>Detroit: Become Human™ ©2018-2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Developed by Quantic Dream. “Detroit Become Human” is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. All rights reserved.
epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/detroit-become-human/home

This is good news for linux users, right?

Assuming the games will run nicely with Proton.

Attached: hmmm.jpg (800x800, 37K)

Soo I guess Microsoft can officially be classified as 3rd party from this point forward well that didnt take to long

Windows it's literally one of their platforms. That's more accurate for Dust, since they sell it on Mac and Linux too.

>JSRF
>Otogi
>Panzer Dragoon Orta
>Gunvalkyrie
>Shenmue II
>Outrun 2

Their partnership was really something

>he thinks revenue is profit

>Pointing out the stupidity of MS makes (You) clever
You keep going with that and keep wondering why you get trolled. Everyone needs a hobby.
Big companies are self-serving. Water is wet. Obvious points are obvious. Level up and try again.

Letting more people play games is good, yes.

well no, because they only make their games for their platforms windows/xbox and you need to have xbox live to play them. no xbox game is going to be ported to ps4 any time soon

Console market is here to stay and Microsoft will keep making consoles.

based af

Phantasy Star on Xbox!

>Microsoft is conceding Xbox One is a dead console

fixed your thread title for you OP

Attached: 1316660920930.jpg (500x389, 38K)

like this:
which is completely defeatist. you are basically admitting your console isn't good enough for exclusives.

>Gears 5 on Steam and not even confirmed for Epic store
btfo

Attached: 1558679451228.png (800x810, 85K)

> tfw the next Xbox is literally just a windows 10 PC

Succeeding where Valve failed so miserably.

Like a Snoy tranny to spin this as bad news for Xbox.

>microsoft windows is a different platform than microsoft xbox (which also runs a locked down windows)

imagine being this dense

T-thanks, doc.

Short term is to have the Xbox services available from multiple platforms, granting its users things like crossplay, cloudsaves, achievements, so you'll favor getting an Xbox since it will have features that PS5 won't have, Xbox knows it can't compete with Sony IPs, so they are trying to make the Xbox competitive through other means.
Long term is ditch consoles completely and have Xbox be a service available anywhere with cloud access, so you'll favor their cloud gaming instead of Stadia or whatever Amazon is cooking

>ong term is ditch consoles completely and have Xbox be a service available anywhere with cloud access
They already know they can't do this which is why they're still making consoles, game streaming is not the future no matter how many times you try to push it.

I just want to paint a picture for you all
>Xbox/Windows adds Xbox original 360 emulation on PC
>Xbox offers the ideal “Netflix of games” with it being just a bunch of games for a monthly fee with no streaming shit
>offers streaming for retards
>offers a console variation for retards that can’t PC
>allows you to purchase all these games on either steam or their store
>giving smaller studios fuck you money to make their dreams after buying them up to stay off playstation forever
>they show support for creative freedom for Japanese developers and finally win over the hardcore gaming Japanese audience with the next Xbox and PC
>Epic fucking sinks into the ocean
>it’s XBL servers for these games so they’re arent complete trash made by Japanese who think America has Japan internet.

MS has come to save us from Evil anons. The ultimate redemption tale. Reply to this post with
“Thank you, Xbox-tan” and big titted Xbox-tan will sit on you.

Attached: 8584E49F-CE8D-4F08-8BE7-3D854A27AF09.jpg (1024x576, 61K)

Nobody here actually plays video games much less cares about bleeding edge tech user
Video games became a spectator sport

Attached: 1539644302374.png (600x600, 189K)

>Microsoft goes to Steam
>Sony goes to Epic

UHHHHHH GAMERS???

Sony joins the evil side.
IMAGINE MY SHOCK

Sony doesn't control the distribution of the PC ports of the games they own. Quantic Dream self-distributes and Journey is published by Annapurna.

>>Sony goes to Epic
source?

Will this mean you need an XBL account to play any of these games online ?

At least with Halo, yes. It wouldn't surprise me if that's the case for these new releases.

WE'RE COMING HOME

YOU'VE ACCEPTED HALO, PCBROS
WILL YOU ACCEPT US GEARBROS AS WELL?

They realized that the hardware wars are dead and the future is streaming. Now they are trying to get a foot in the software side of business with Xbox Live.
At least they're doing it the way Epic should have done: by offering good games instead of stealing them from others and kinda softleeching off of other companies by slipping in the requirement to have a Live account.

Attached: 5801204+_21e37bbcb2d9eb02c123ed2f61bb0288.jpg (944x557, 61K)

Ninja Gaiden fucking when.

>Sony, Epic and Nintendo teaming up to kill Cuckrosoft

Truly based

based gear chads

Soon
t. Insider

The ultimate end-game is to make Xbox transcend beyond just hardware and consoles. They're trying their hand at converting Xbox into software and expand to all electronic devices, and I wouldn't be surprised if the final form of Xbox is an online store similar to Steam in function. They've already started the online only trend by releasing a disc-free Xbox One S in the coming months to test how people will react and use an essentially online only console.

Attached: discfreeXboxOneS.png (1200x800, 329K)

it would help if you opened the link

Attached: 123t.png (940x528, 399K)

The only reason to buy a Xbone before was to get an S so you had the cheapest 4k UHD blu ray player on the market. This doesn't change that.

Now
t. Outsider

>epic killing ms
>when their shitty store only works on ms windows™
Epic's bullshit only benefits microsoft

>We also know that there are other stores on PC, and we are working to enable more choice in which store you can find our Xbox Game Studios titles in the future.
slow and steady boys. slow and steady

Attached: 1532987368534.png (469x585, 320K)

>everybody joins hands together and sings kumbaya while taking cheap shots at Epic
What the fuck is going on Yea Forums?
What is this timeline I'm living in?

You forgot Mac.

If they would sell in Humble Store DRM-free games I would buy it. But this is nothing but a Trojan horse to impose Xbox Live. They will never release any new game without DRM. Hell, every Microsoft Studios game on GOG.com it's self-published by the developer.

Nintendo is teaming up with Microsoft though.

can't believe that console people are still so far behind
pc went ahead and they never catched up
the only way for consoles to catch up apparently is by becoming pc's

Attached: top__id1494928255_343178.jpg (1012x383, 188K)

>the future is streaming
>still trying to push this
How many times must I tell you that streaming will fail here in the US before you get it in your head?

>two monopolies join together
Why is this a good thing?

Epic is a controlled opposition to unite the gamer and evolve the gaming industry

Valve is always good, don't forget it.

Sony too.

Phil literally just paved the way for Sonydomination Part II.

Real games go to Steam
"Movie" games go to Epic

lmao who cares

Also it's hilarious that Gears of War was an Epic game and now it's going on steam only.

Please let that include Rare Replay

This tbqh. Epic is so insanely anti-consumer as a store front that it's just unnatural. There has to be some sort of conspiracy going on.

Half this is why I asked for an Xbone S back in Christmas 2016 and it hasn't disappointed me yet, I still get every multiplat I want (many of which get discussed here, see Sekiro and MHW, plus Code Vein which I don't want but Yea Forums does) in addition to the perks of Games with Gold and having Game Pass (every other week they add something that makes me say "oh hey I wanted to try that", most recently it was Wargroove)

Attached: 1549358616357.gif (446x250, 379K)

Not even that. Gears was one of their best-selling games.

This is a pure fucking power move from Microsoft.

You wish, Xfag.

Since these games won't require XBL for multiplayer you think they'll drop the requirement on xbox?

Rare Replay when?

They've changed tack and want to smuggle Live ala Uplay rather than trying to push it on people through Windows.

Microsoft continually needs to be less aggressive about pushing tech in general, and more thoughtful about how it makes products that people want to use rather than trying to force it on people.

I want Windows Entertainment Pack 1-5 on GOG.

Thank you, Xbox-tan

No. The only reason Xbox is profitable is due to XBL Gold, which prints money.

It will happen when someone makes a DOSBox-like 16 bits Windows emulator. So, never. It also has Tetris, and that would be a pain in the ass due to rights. Nintendo didn't bothered to re-release old Tetris ports on the Virtual Console because of this reason.

Will microshafts ever give PC xbox 1 and 360 emulation and open the store to those older good games?

wine

Attached: 1559137359844.png (475x375, 701K)

Rare Replay will never come to PC as it features both Xbox and Xbox 360 emulation and people would find a way to get to those emulators.

>Microsoft
>selling their own games for Linux

It's not really forcing. If it was they'd only offer it on Microsoft Store. But the fact they are working with steam and other devs to bring titles to PC in general means they are giving choice and not forcing

FORZA ON STEAM

FORZA ON STEAM

Microsoft has already embraced Linux though.

sony has been black listed from me ive went out and bought a xbox one x and gold membership and xbox gamepass even though i dont use it

Something else, every game included there is owned by its developer. Since the amount of games is quite numerous and the fact that it would be a logistic nightmare to contact the developers, the chance of a re-release are next to zero.
>Since the program was not originally a Microsoft product, Microsoft licensed it from me and paid me some trivial one-time fee (something like 100 shares of MSFT stock, no royalties) for its use.
ski.ihoc.net/

Just do a "Best of Windows Entertainment Pack" compilation and dump Tetris.

>old windows programs running under wine in the linux subsystem
This almost sounds like something ms would do with the mess that is win10.

Attached: 1540020645350.jpg (744x481, 29K)

Imagine how much those NSA and government data collection contracts make for them.

But they're not going to start selling games there at the expense of Windows users. They never released non-Windows games.

There's still the issue of emulation and 464078729.

The new way is running windows natively while running Linux in a sub-system. I. E
tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-ubuntu-on-windows

That's what I meant. And then running wine in that subsystem to run old windows programs under linux under windows.

Attached: 1530629101204.jpg (140x140, 19K)

>The future is always online (Streaming)
>An all in one platform
Is Yea Forums ready to accept that Mattrick was right all along?

Attached: Don.jpg (620x290, 18K)

I'm stacking up on DRM-free games for every operative system they're available just in case streaming becomes the norm.

I'll just stick to modding old but gold games if that nightmare ever comes true.

Attached: 1533387342990.jpg (550x550, 46K)

>The future is always online (Streaming)
>An all in one platform (Xbox One)
Then, the final phase
>An platform avaiable everywhere (Next Xbox/Streaming/Live + Gamepass)
THAT'S THEIR FUCKING ENDGAME

You guys do know you can purchase all games available on game pass right?

>MS throwing in the towel because Xbox and W10 are failures

Cool, I guess.

Wonder how Xfags on Twitter are coping though

It hurts consumers by limiting choice and increasing costs. Video games are a luxury product not a life need, so it doesn't really matter that much but exclusivity provides only negative effects to consumers.

>sony making shitty braindead decisions

color me surprised.

>XBOX FAGS HAVE TO PAY FOR ONLINE
I would kill myself If I owned an Xbox

Attached: download.png (195x258, 10K)

didn't know Xbros were this based

do it do it

Attached: g.jpg (1440x2160, 727K)

Why do you want some shitty race car game so badly?

>All this xfag seethe

I smell you Asher

Attached: Its Failed Doctor Asher Madan!.jpg (400x400, 43K)

Lag would need to stop existing first, which is something we can only dream of

>reddit spacing from a typical Snoygoy
You have to go back. Death Stranding confirmed for PC

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT! CAN YOU SEE ALL OF ME!

I desperately want Perfect Dark HD on PC.

>I know they make money no matter what platform their games are on
>I know they make money
>Money
What could they possibly be after?

i still have no idea who this faggot is

Best racing game I've played in 2 gens. They have literally no competition they've completely destroyed all of them.

but are we getting couch co-op? I absolutely HATE when companies remove features from games on the only platform that can handle the damn feature properly