What was objectively the worst series in the mainline Pokemon games? None of that "Everything after Gen1/2 is shit...

What was objectively the worst series in the mainline Pokemon games? None of that "Everything after Gen1/2 is shit." If you think that you shouldn't be playing Pokemon games anymore and your opinion isn't wanted here. For people who still play the games, tell me what the worst one was? For me it's Pearl/Diamond.

Attached: 4524354235.jpg (250x247, 9K)

sumo

Everything after gen 2 is shit

Gen 5. It killed the franchise and its fanbase as a whole.

FPBP and /thread

Black/White 2. Everyone claims it to be the best shit ever but I like the first one much MUCH more. The first one felt like a soft-reboot of the series while the 2nd one just like an add-on. Not to mention that the story of 1 is so much more entertaining than the story of 2.

Either DP, GS, or XY.
GS was very impressive at the time though.

The series peak was gen 3 and 4. The worst is a tie between gen 5 and 6. Every original game (i.e. excluding remakes) released between Diamond/Pearl and Sun/Moon was irredeemably awful. Sun/Moon still aren't as good as gen 3-4 but they're the best fully original Pokemon games in over a decade so I'll take what I can get

Why diamond and pearl? They are pretty good, especially considering platinum. Also Sun and Moon are by far the worst in the series, idk how you could think anything is worse than that

XY, it was a huge regresion after bw (worse story, characters, world, etc) I feel that they tried please old fans with bw and let the franchise grow with them, while xy was made for kids that didn't know better, plus they probably figured they'd still get the old fans in cause of the shitty pseudo 3d graphics

Gen 5 started a lot of the shit that's plaguing the series, but BW2 are solid games. XY are were absolute shit but that's alright, it was first 3ds game. ORAS was absolutely unacceptable, they just had to make a few new assets, the base framework for a game was already there with the previous games, but they opted to remove a lot of shit instead.
SM&USUM are unacceptable because they had plenty of chances to figure this shit out and i SM's case, it was dryer than XY and USUM aren't worth playing if you played SM.

Attached: uno.jpg (771x807, 96K)

X&Y is utter shite

fpbp

OP said "objective", the objective answer is gen 1

Basic mechanics with no held items or abilities, Bugs and glitches out the fucking ass, utterly broken typechart, most of the types in the game didn't even have an attacking move over 60bp; ugly spritework, and a complete lack of even basic quality of life features like bag pockets, being able to withdraw and deposit pokemon at once; etc

You, like 99% of people in talks about the best or worst games; are all posting the games you think are the most wasted potential or most dissapointing, or the ones that started bad trends. Not the one that's actually the objective worst/best in a vacumn.

This or DPP.

It feels like they just didn't care anymore after Gen 2.
They chased the money the same soulless way SpongeBob and DragonBall do.

I wasn't a fan of Sun and Moon because of the massive amounts of handholding. Ruby/Sapphire is my favorite, because it's what I remember most fondly, even though I was 6 when I Red/Blue came out. I

It was still objectively a really good game when it released, after second gen they were all mediocre/bad in the context of their times

stfu cuck

I agree, and considering the VAST upgrades made for G/S/C I often say it's the best gen on those merits plus two regions

SuMo as I did not like the majority of the new Pokemon and they implemented frustrating mechanics to catch some of the rarer Pokemon such as hoping another Pokemon calls them in. The ridiculous hand holding. The time it takes to get your first Pokemon. Too many Ultra Beast / Legendary. Islands were too small to come across as lived in by people.

This. You can say how for it's time it was good or how well it was made for a first attempt, but objectively speaking gen1 is definitely the worst.

D/P/Pt was trash

SuMo is my favorite because they fixed HMs. Better gameplay means it's the best game.

Attached: 1499555923943.jpg (568x579, 305K)

XY is the only answer

It was an impressive game when it released due to being on a portable, but it was still buggy and poorly balanced.

And before you say "Oh but that is just shit like Missingno, which people saw as a positive anyway" but no, if you actually played it then with a critical eye or go back to it now with one, you can see the cracks in the battle system. You're bound to run into a handful of different unintended things in the battle system in a normal playthrough to say nothing of the infamous Ghost/Psychic interaction being incorrectly implemented. And the balance thing I won't get too into but it's easily the most tilted meta in any multiplayer game I've ever seen. Additionally, as a personal criticism, if you're not 10, the writing is absolute garbage. Not that the later games are amazing, but just compare RBY to GSC and onwards and you see far better worldbuilding, less nonsensical NPC dialogue etc.

As a basic JRPG on a portable it was impressive, but it was genuinely flawed as a JRPG in its own right. If not for the fact the vast majority of its audience was children who can't understand those flaws, it wouldn't be nearly as well received. Minecraft would be an apt comparison. Good game and impressive in its ideas, but absolutely flawed under the surface. The primary audience isn't remotely bothered by those flaws though.

it has literally the shittiest region, with the least things to do

Alola is great though. One of the most atmospheric and well realised regions in terms of visuals and themes. The progression is extremely limiting though, so it's not perfect, but saying the region is the worst in the series is odd.

Johto is the worst region because it's the smallest and worst balanced while having no real story or plot of its own. It has good atmosphere but not nearly as strong as later gens (in part due to technical limitations but I'd say it lacks a good consistent theme since most of its best atmosphere is in specific places like Ecruteak). The lore and overarcing story don't tie together in any way until Crystal even.

>tfw no big magic space cat gf

Attached: katahane3.jpg (631x567, 53K)

Everything after Gen1/2 is shit.

Attached: 1537867558117.jpg (443x455, 96K)

SM by far

people have played more than one pokemon game? the canonically best pokemon game is the one you played in grade school (which should be the only one unless you are literally retarded)

B2W2 is literally a sequel to BW I have no idea how you could possibly hold this opinion that they're "soft reboots".

I'd say Platniumum, HGSS, and BW2 were quite good for their times

but regardless "Good for their times" and "Best overall" are seperate metrics, and I wish people treated them distinctly more often

Its clear what hes referring to there when he says the first one

Its either gen 1 games due to lack of content and shit being broken as fuck or SM due shit Z moves and NO FUCKING GYMS

Lets Go are utter trash. X&Y are underrated. Sun and Moon are overly criticized. Behold the objective truth.

Attached: poketiers.png (1481x1011, 1.9M)

Read.
OP said mainline games,LGP&E are not considered mainline

Objectively, Gen 1, Objectively in regards to the time period it was released in, Generation 6. Without googling it, only waifufags can name the female gym leaders from this generation whereas most everyone else cannot reliably remember all 8. it casualized pokemon even harder, insulted everyone with the state of ORAS and the battle frontier, had no postgame in x/y, no sequel, the list goes on.

Attached: idort.png (1373x97, 20K)

Any time I replay GSC I usually have an okay time but am completely unable to replicate the childhood enthusiasm I had because I am painfully aware of the problems with gen 2's singleplayer RPG adventure. The level curve is just absolutely fucked, the latter half of Johto is filled with underleveled opponents, then the game prematurely climaxes at the Pokemon League even though it's still a far cry from the actual endgame, then settles into hours of weak trainers again before finishing up with the actual final boss, Red.
Any time I think of replaying literally any gen 4 title I just opt not to because I don't feel like playing such a slow game again. The battle scenes advance at a snail's pace, making even just a simple wild encounter -> running away take ages.
XY was a disappointment off the heels of gen 5. There's nothing too terrible about it, but the burden of transitioning into 3D graphics is easy to see in the lack of extra content, and the singleplayer RPG is also hurt by some design decisions that make things simpler than ever. Not only do you have access to the new Exp Share, but experience gain is overall changed fundamentally by it not really being split among participants anymore, everyone just gains the full amount.

why isnt XD a mainline game then?

Anything after Gen 3.

>switching versions between BW and BW2
Rather be a gay nigga than a dumb one

because Genius Sonority dabbed on game freak hard by making a great pokemon game whereas they were stuck in an awkward transition period from gen 2 to 3.

he said objective.
Hoenn is a bad region due to too much focus on water leaving it an annoying shit place to travel around in it

shut the fuck up IGN

Because it wasnt a new title or remake developed by Game Freak. You really seem like a dipshit.

I'd say X/Y were the first games where they really started the trend of doing the least amount of effort necessary to rush the game out the door. It was incredibly apparent how much cut content there was and where they cut corners.
Sun/Moon has that problem too for the most part, but I actually liked that they bothered to change things up for once, the island trials/totem pokemon were a nice change of pace. I don't hate those games as much as everyone here seems to.

Hoenn is literally the best designed region in the series and there's nothing wrong with having several water routes. The only problem is the high encounter rate, which is immediately a moot point if you bother to use repels like a normal person.

The trails and totem pokemon were hardly different from gyms and gym leaders user. Its attempt to be different is still playing it so incredibly safe its hardly worth noting.

It is when the routes are mostly empty and the dex is full of water pokemon but you will encounter maybe three of four on the last quarter of the game. Its just poor world design, plain and simple. Why couldn't there be more segments like the water currents in that one area? Why were the so many empty, useless dive spots? I get its an ocean, they are vast, empty, but do you really want to fucking play on such a thing in a game? Not without enough substance you don't.

Generation 3 was the worst

are you really pulling out the too much water shit? that is literally some ign thot level retardness

Attached: bitchassnigga.jpg (454x445, 35K)

6, XY
>Less new Pokemon than any gen
>Only Gen with no extra trio (Birds, dogs, Regis and such
>First gen with noticeable framerate issues in plain sight caused by basic mechanics
>NPCs referencing what was obviously cut content

I would say the problem isn't water in itself, its that the land segments have so much more variety and interesting things to offer. The water does not have enough to do in it. They introduce a new dive mechanic and you do almost nothing with it. The least they could have done was add in a few more optional underwater caves not related to the plot. This is why water is an issue in these games, because they are a fucking boring chore compared to the segments earlier on and they take up the last portion of the game, were its supposed to be the most intense because you are so close to beating the fucking game and have a well established team. So yes, too much water, which in Hoenn is the most empty boring parts of the game.

Anyone who says Gen VI should get fucking decapitated.
The real shit was sun/Moon with their cinematic shit, hand holding, low level pokemon, severely cut content, half asses post game, extremely short region and hallways, lagging at 2 vs 2 battles.
Barely felt like some kind of adventure.

You literally cannot debunk this ranking

Attached: pokemon games ranking.png (2018x1382, 3.59M)

fpbp

Either 4 or 7
4 in particular caused a lot of the future problems with the series.

kys degenerate sub-human

Its funny how split pokemon is. I find that some mechanics sharpen, like breeding, moves, how HMs slaves aren't needed ect. Things I would never want to go back on. But then its the main adventure that gets shafted so hard in these newer gens. So badly I would never want to replay them, and when I do its just not fun. I feel no life from it, no sense of exploration.

What’s the difference between Ultra SM and regular SM?

die dogfucker

Almost nothing. Just get USUM if you're set on getting something from gen 7. It has a little more content and more pokemon/ubs.

Yeah DP are really the games that bored me the most. Alsi shittiest pokedex entries. Everyone always talk about xy and this gen... xy is one of my fav gen the number of pokemon you could catch is great, map is really cool, new mons too. And this gen can be really boribg too but overall map is fun and shunting too

Fucking this

Okay so you recognize that and you still rank XY a D? You seriously fucking play pokemon for the story? You seriously think the fucking story matters more than the pokemon and the world?
XY isn't the best but the complete graphical overhaul and focus on mechanics and stuff, more than makes up for the lack of focus on idiots trying to deplete the world of water or get rid of emotions or some stupid shit.

They were a lot better than gym leaders tho. They actually used specific pokemon combinations and hold items for interesting strategies, like Lurantis having a white herb for instant Solar Blade while summoning Castform to use Sunny Day for the same thing plus also Chlorophyl. Or Wishiwashi summoning Heal Pulse Alomomola to keep it healthy and buffed. Much better than gym leaders with "strong pokemon and also one has a sitrus berry".

RBG should be C rank
unfair to give them shit for bugs when they were the first attempt

They're all shit after gen 2 and are going to feel progresively shittier until they give us that Botw style open world pokemon, but of course they wont since they can keep shitting the same game year after year and still sell 20 million copies

>USUM that high
The fuck are you smoking, put it in C where it belongs

Using your logic that means that SuMo are the peak Pokemon games. Mechanics get improved over time obviously. Going by OP the worst games are Red and Blue no matter what.

Gen 1 and 2 were fun games and very playable. Gen 3 had lots of problems and focused more on gimmicks than core gameplay. The games were extremely easy and had less notable events or places. Abilities and natures were a mistake and make Pokemon catching more annoying than enjoyable, as you now had to grind until you got a Pokemon that wasn’t trash

So gen 3 for me was where I was done with Pokemon. I came back a couple of times and found that the series had nothing I originally liked

>playing Pokemon for the story
I shiggy.

Attached: 1510104984733.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

NINTENDO

x and y are pretty good i don't know why they get so much hate

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-30 Create a Pokemon Games Tier List(1).png (990x412, 576K)

>hat was objectively the worst series in the mainline Pokemon games?
Gen 1. Fuck Kanto.

Diamond or Pearl or XY. DP got saved by Platinum though which had a great amount of content

They run like shit, like every other 3DS pokemon

Good god, you've got awful fucking taste

It ain’t that bad

>zoomers actually think the newer games are better than gen 1 & 2
This series has been a joke for years

They are better though

Don't forget the "Auras that flared to life" aspects too user.

Facing a Totem that got an omni boost was more challenging then any gym leader. Add in the strategies part you already spoke of, and if unprepared and not overleveled, you had to think about battles as opposed to gym leaders and "press super effective move, win".

If there's one thing I wish Sword and Shield bring back, it's the Aura mechanic.

The series peaked at Gen 4

Gen 4 was terrible. Why does everyone defend the first game they played?

my game never glitched nor slowed down

Platinum was great. DP sucked. HGSS are alright. I wouldn't call 4 the peak though.

Bro, just because you like B/W more than the sequels does not the make the sequels the fucking worst. Come on now.