First game is the best game in the series

>first game is the best game in the series
post them

Attached: Danganronpa.jpg (488x628, 77K)

Just going to leave this here to combat the trash shown in the OP.

Attached: Nine_Hours,_Nine_Persons,_Nine_Doors_Cover_Art.jpg (220x198, 24K)

>DR1
>best
Fuck no that’s SDR2

Attached: 57D57424-9145-422C-9DAA-D2DEE63712DD.jpg (873x1500, 373K)

DanganRonpa really did go to shit after the first game.

V3 was not the first game

>muh hope man
Is the only thing I hear about DR2.

jak and daxter.

V3 isn’t good either

DR2 is better though. I enjoyed the characters,setting and music a bit better. I liked a majority of the cases as well.
V3 is great. I just notch it below 2.

>this is when the series jumped the shark
>Nah dude its good
because he kept retconning / adding extra information for no reason
>DID YOU KNOW AOI HAS A BROTHER
>*dies next scene*

Tropical settings are maximum comfy.

>because he kept retconning / adding extra information for no reason
You don't know what you're talking about

If they didnt follow the script of the original so closely for the sequels it would have been better. Its not like the gimmick of this is something that works very well on repeats

I don't care about the political shit in 2 but the morality system felt super tacked on and unrewarding compared to game 1 and the level design can be cool at times but is ruined by the game treating you like a drooling retard and throwing the answers in your face. Dunwall and the plague also feel way creepier than the Bloodflies and Serkonos

Attached: file.png (600x818, 1.02M)

Just finished this the other week, are the sequels worth playing?
Is the extra mode worth playing?

She mentions her brother in the first fucking game

>sequels
i guess, but they are not as good as the first game
>school mode
if you are really into a character then hell yes

this, 2 > 1

sdr2, Ultra despair girls and V3 are worth playing if you enjoy the first game. There's also the anime that takes place after SDR2 and ultra despair girls that wraps up a lot of stuff (the live watch threads on Yea Forums were magical.)

After playing all 3, I still say the first is best.
Just a great idea with the best characters and atmosphere
Fuck I wish I could play it fresh

The sequels are just the same game all over again with a new cast and larger shark jumping. It was pretty kino that V3 ended up jumping the biggest shark possible

How do the sequels jump the shark?

>watching anime

Attached: 1556952399467.jpg (1024x862, 96K)

>Genocider Syo can suddenly cast magical spirit bombs in AE
>Never mentions this in the first game to help the cast escape the school
Japanese George Lucas everyone, fucking KodaHACK

2 is miles beyond 1

Dumb fucking nigger slit your throat

>danganshitter
>best of a shit series is still shit

But the second one was neat.

Attached: PWright_Cover.jpg (640x580, 74K)

>playing video games

Attached: 1f1.jpg (680x691, 99K)

I'm gonna go back in time and bomb the warehouse of copies so it bombs in the west and remains a oneshot hidden gem

VLR was superior to 999 though, even if the former was essentially ending on a cliffhanger. I wish ZTD didn't exist.

What are:
>Trials and Tribulations
>AAI2
>Spirit of Justice
I love the first AA, it's really up there for me but there's definitely been better games in the series IMO.

Then why did it make me so depressed while playing.

Shitty forced motives, worse atmosphere, more gimmicky characters, shittier mini games, and Hopeman is an even bigger screenhog than Kirigiri. It also has worse pacing about the the final true mystery of the killing game; the first game sprinkled it within each chapter making you more intrigued to figure it out, but the second game might as well leave you in the dark with it's red herrings and a worse bigger chapter 6 infodump.

Nah, 3 was great and has the best badass and comedic moments of the series.

Jak 4 when? (X is okay, LF is shit)

God I feel you there user. I love the Danganronpa games but they give me this underlying feeling of dread and depression that makes them really tense and exhausting to play the first time through.

SoJ is overrated as fuck, fight me.

>Shitty forced motives
Like what? Explain yourself
>worse atmosphere
I didn’t find a problem with it but okay
>more gimmicky characters
See the first point.
>shittier mini games
Okay
>but the second game might as well leave you in the dark
Did you not pay attention to everything after chapter 2?

Easily

Attached: BioShock_box.png (1214x1482, 2.6M)

I actually liked 2 more tbqh

For motives, 2-2 targets only specific people; only Mahiru, Fuyuhiko and Peko were going to be affected by it. 2-3 is random bugs give you random disease, and 2-4 is starvation.

For characters, you have more of them spouting the same one liners repeatedly (muh meat, muh shit, muh sleep, muh devas, muh hope, muh bullying). A lot of their dialog is variations of repeating the same lines.

>Did you not pay attention to everything after chapter 2?
My problem is the lack of intrigue. The way they make you figure out the true meaning of the killing game is just worse overall in the second game, either it's random nonsense (Usami turning the chicken into a cow, Nidai coming back as a robot, despair disease, the monokuma droids) which don't really correlate to one another, which all point to the fact that they are in a virtual world; it's also really easy to figure this out since the beginning of the game with the "game booting up" and entering a digital door) or shitty red herrings:
>What's the bomb for? It doesn't mean anything.
>What does Hinata mean when he says that he thinks he's being spied on at the end of the first trial? This is literally never elaborated on this.
>Literally everything about the Imposter
>Why is this building that looks like Hope's Peak's ruins doing here? No reason. It's just the final trial ground.

>For motives, 2-2 targets only specific people
Just like 1-2 and V3-2. Junko can predict everything.
I don’t really know about the rest.
>you have more of them spouting the same one liners repeatedly
Welcome to Danganronpa.

Will Danganronpa 4 ever be a thing?

Trials of Tribulations is close, but I enjoy all of the first AA's cases a lot, while I think that T&T's second and third cases are weaker that bring the whole thing down.

I lost interest in AAI2 during the food contest case, and never finished it, and the only cases in SoJ I really like are the magician one and the last case.

no i think the creators said they are tired of it and don't want to do another so its officially dead. probably for the best.