When the FUCK is their game coming?

I've been wanting a new Ice Climbers game since the Brawl days. Fuck, I want Nintendo to just acknowledge them at all beyond Smash and some shitty Mario Maker skin. They're so cute and there's so many options for a new game with them. I don't want some BOTW-tier massive scale title, but if they'll give Kid Icarus so much attention why not the same for these two?
Please Nintendo, I don't ask for much in this life, I just really want a new Icies game.

Attached: tumblr_ps3unnuJG21wzyfh7o2_500.jpg (500x500, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ssbwiki.com/Event_21:_Ice_Breaker
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Might as well wait for a new ROB game

Fucking this, if ever there was a game that needed a revival. They fit the switch aesthetic too.

kid icarus only got a new game because sakurai created it, ice climbers wont be getting a new game

It's been 18 years since Melee. It's clear that nobody at Nintendo wants to make one. And that's the deciding factor for a series getting a new game: Someone needs to want to make one.

Honestly as much as I'd love to see a new Ice Climber's game I'd much rather see Kid Icarus turned into an ongoing series.

People still dont understand how nintendo develops games lmao
Idea first then they think what characters would fit the idea better
They do not think "lets make a sequel to this series specifically" unless is one of the big 3
So unless miyamoto takes up climbing you are shit out of luck

this e3 callin it

Attached: D7wSNLsXoAE09ip.jpg (1021x1200, 99K)

How would a new Ice Climbers game be? Maybe something like Steamworld but in a mountain.

Attached: comfy.jpg (1456x1091, 280K)

How about a vertical platformer? How many are they that aren’t infinite like Doodle Jump?

Maybe a 2player puzzle game like Snipper Clips?

Attached: 71968274_p2.png (800x1000, 736K)

Joy-con gimmicks. Control two characters simultaneously. Greatly encourages local co-op. Keep it a 2D platformer. Add new tools like the belay rope to emphasize teamwork.

Easy, level-by-level platformer with emphasis on vertical mobility. Maybe with a mechanic like the Mario and Luigi RPGs where you can swap between Nana and Popo at will to use different abilities

Zelda 4 Swords, but a platformer

Attached: eb9df46b44ac82944533408e98888892.png (1239x1280, 1.61M)

A co-op plat-former would be perfect for Ice Climber, Mario will probably do it first at this rate.

Attached: 1422933549241.jpg (333x500, 46K)

fuck off with your smash spin-off game

They're experimenting with it in Mario Maker 2. It's going to happen. In fact, expect to find Ice Climber themed stages using the snow theme in a vertical sub-area.

Would be comfy as long as it's not co-op REEEEE
>tfw no Ice Climbers artwork to share

Attached: 1558814043273.jpg (437x431, 23K)

>Snipper Clips
I was amazed to learn that game was made by the guys who did The Decline of Video Gaming

Side scrolling platformer. Rather than being just a straight up verticle platformer. Something like Sonic CD or Knuckles Chaotix in terms of level design.

Here’s your game

Attached: DB9BBA44-9B74-493D-992A-8A4EF080CCA5.jpg (625x267, 36K)

The reason they're in Smash at all is because they wanted to have some random NES character in the game to add a bit of diversity and better show Nintendo's history, and it just so happened IC was the best fit. Excitebike is always on a bike, which is awkward, Balloon Fighter can only really float around on Balloons, Clu Clu just grabs poles, etc. Give IC a new game and the whole reason for their inclusion is shot, and as soon as you add a replacement, people will want a new Clu Clu Land or something.

>Their relationship is never stated anywhere.

Didn't mean to greentext. Oops.

I'd like a Mario&Luigi styled puzzle RPG, that kind of thing writes itself.
Melee confirmed them to be a lovey dovey duo, look it up.

What is Popo and Nana's relationship? Are they brother and sister? Are they husband and wife?

It's never clearly stated, but most accept the latter, or some indication of lovers.

Both

Just looked it up. Their relationship is never stated anywhere.

How can kids be husband and wife

Attached: 1558895774882.jpg (400x600, 47K)

Now we're talkin

It was a different time

It's possible to be legally married at a young age with permission from legal guardians in many places.

Jesus christ.
ssbwiki.com/Event_21:_Ice_Breaker
>>Ice Breaker (ひとの恋路をジャマするやつは, Those Who Interfere People's Romance) is
In the event you break up Nana and Popo's date, Melee devblogs from Sakurai said that they're "more than friends but less than lovers", lastly a little heart shows up when they high five in the Melee OP. They're a couple.

They're kids? I just thought they were tiny people.