/vp/ here. Pokemon pretty much died today and monster hunter is getting a little boring for the time being

/vp/ here. Pokemon pretty much died today and monster hunter is getting a little boring for the time being.

What's a good franchise to get into right now?

Attached: image.png (1500x1500, 1.37M)

digimon, megami tensei, yo-kai watch.

DMC

/pol/ is fun

Etrian odyssey

I really like this picture.

try other consoles and see what you like
if you're into fps' try something like powerslave on saturn

Attached: 1558706161637.webm (560x404, 2.94M)

Anno 1800.

Attached: 1478826385270.png (239x252, 32K)

Why did pokemon die today?

It died with let's go

Too many worlds will collide soon that were never supposed to meet

Pikachu is going to judge me for going to sleep at 5am.

New Pokemon gacha
You roll for the human waifu characters

Ampharos

Attached: Ampharos 6.png (270x301, 102K)

>Pokémon died today

how about you told us what happened you massive faggot? drama is the nectar of Yea Forums

If we are talking monster collecting games look into pocket nightmares.

Don't lie to me faggot, Pokemon died with Gen 6.

I guess he is talking about pokemon sleep. I don't know what's the fuss about that. Pokemon has had spin off games for different audiences since forever. I don't remember anyone complaining about that pokemon touch typing program for the DS.

>1800
They just announced like 4 different mobile games.
They confirmed a sequel to detective pikachu (game not movie) though so that's cool

FUCK THIS GACHA SHIT

Attached: AiR-O-dakteal.png (1000x687, 556K)

Pokémon Go Eternal Sleep

Holy shit this looks awesome what game?

wait, this isn't fanart? I knew gamfreak was incompetent and I quit after realizing they'll be ditcihng another cool idea: ultra beasts. parallel worlds are an underutilized concept.

>today
Why? the HOME thing? why is it so bad?

OP here. I was referring to Pokemon Go and Let's Go combining with Gen 8
This was made by a random user

Oh yeah I get you, personally I've never been a fan but these last games made me lose all the respect I had for them as a company.

>they combined the ganes
Isnt that thebpoint of the bank?

Yes but long story short adding the spinoff mons with regular ones will make the collecting part of Pokemon way more casual than it already is

When will another company finally make a Pokémon alternative that really scratches the same itch that Pokémon does without being a blatant clone?

>I was referring to Pokemon Go and Let's Go combining with Gen 8
We've known this since GO was released you retard.

What do you want specifically? Games with cool monsters? Some JRPGs? And did you get bored of MH's gameplay in general or have you simply exhausted most of the games by now?

Retro FPS might be a good palette cleanser. Just consult /vr/.

He just said Powerslave, user. Note that the Saturn and PC versions are very different games.

Attached: it says here that you want to be a tama.png (188x265, 96K)

Never, Gamefreak got the genre by the ball so hard that any game that isn't already an estabilished franchise will just get called a ripoff.

so are sowrd and shield going to be the redemption arc or yet another nail in the coffin?

That depends on what you want in a Pokemon alternative

Mature or Teen ESRB rating.

>OH NO POKEMON COMPANY PUT OUT A TON OF WEIRD SHIT TO MAKE MONEY!!!

It's so easy to spot faggots who weren't alive in the 90s when Pokemon was on every fucking thing. You don't know shit.

>what is SMT

No idea. I'm just a lazy gamer
It looks good so far, but there's virtually no details about it

Honestly to me it just seems like it'll be the same shit that's been happening since XY. You'll get a trivially easy core game, a lackluster postgame while Gamefreak wants to pour their effort into another game that's probably going to be forgettable, cool features from the previous game removed and replaced with shittier equivalents, and maybe a few nice things that don't really redeem the entire thing and perhaps some lackluster elements around that are lost potential.

Then there's either a half-assed Gen 4 remake or an upgraded version of the game (that's barely equivalent to the middle versions of old) in the next year or two that has all the latest Pokemon forms and whatnot while the devs don't even think to make a backwards compatibility patch for anyone who ended up buying SnS.

Attached: pokemondirectors.png (1590x2590, 3.09M)

Shin megoomi tensay

Stop typing you fucking lazy gamer or you’ll get arthritis.

I've never seen a single one that keeps the connectivity elements like being able to transfer your monsters between games or trade and battle with other people.

i feel bad for ohmoei and iwao, forever remembered for some of the worst games

Shin Megami Tensei exists, my dude.

Attached: 02F0AA89-4302-4FB6-B0EE-2D0C576AE6E8.jpg (993x1920, 652K)

Shigeki can get it

>You'll get a trivially easy core game, a lackluster postgame while Gamefreak wants to pour their effort into another game that's probably going to be forgettable, cool features from the previous game removed and replaced with shittier equivalents, and maybe a few nice things that don't really redeem the entire thing and perhaps some lackluster elements around that are lost potential.
But by saying this you don't mean "since XY", you mean "since RS", because everything you said applies to every game released since RS except for the postgame part, which only applies to the first versions. Hardly "since XY"

At least Ohmori has OrAs

Pokemon has never had a game based around fucking sleeping in real life.

SMTV when
will my nigga Satanael come back
Azazel and Shemyaza got to come back, why can't he

Attached: 20702092_p0.jpg (1237x1419, 552K)

>at least he has two of the worst games in the franchise's history

I hope you're not implying that RBY and GSC were the most difficult games in the series

>worst Indom Rex toy utilized
fuck that

Attached: mattel is the best.jpg (1000x600, 333K)

No, i've left those out simply because removing features started with RS.

Fuck no! Game freak is based! Now I get to spend thousands of dollars so I can roll my favorite, and cutest ;3 pokegirls!

Don't forget paying extra for some overpriced plastic you pin on yourself while you sleep! Based Gamefreak!

Honoring deserve any hate he can get. Especially now that Sword and Shield will get the Sun and Moon treatment.

Features getting replaced is a given, but Gamefreak got much worse with that more as they went.

SMT, you'll have plenty of time to get caught up for 5.
JoJo new episode every week and new issue once a month; new game never ever.
Dominions if you don't mind daily play-by-email multiplayer.
Moutain Blade if you want to feel never ever.
It's always time to get into Dwarf Fortress.

Ignore Gamefreak and take the fangame pill.

Don't even bother Gamefreak apologists are too far gone and think any take on Pokemon that isn't done by their overlords is "soulless"

>everything you said applies to every game released since RS except for the postgame part

>ohmori directing S&S
I cant wait for 10 minutes of talking and walk down a corridor only to find another 10 minutes of talking

Yes?

Just go into a trade, video games are a sinking ship.

It's a fucking crime Unno only directed one pair of games.

remember when pokemon died at gen 3
remember when pokemon died at gen 4
remember when pokemon died at gen 5
remember when pokemon died at gen 6
remember when pokemon died at gen 7
according to this stupid fucking place it's died something like 7 times already but you're still buying the fucking games and still fucking complaining

Why can't we get Morimoto or Unno instead of Ohmori fuck this is literally the worst timeline possible for Pokemon

And what the fuck where did Masuda go so wrong

>where did Masuda go so wrong
When phones entered into the mix. He tried to keep pandering to modern kids and he believes they have shitty attentionspans and actually give a shit about pokemon like they did in the 90s when kids naturally move towards newer stuff and are fucking around in Minecraft, Youkai Watch or Fortnite nowadays.

Pokémon died at gen 6 because we’re never getting another PMD game again :(

>And what the fuck where did Masuda go so wrong
Black and White were his magnum opus and he put a massive amount of effort into them, but they got mercilessly shit on by normalfags. Then when he made XY and put no effort in, but normalfags ravenously ate them up. He's a broken man.

there's a necromancer among us

I don't buy the games anymore, though. Gens 4 and 5 were atrophy. Gen 6 was a stab wound, gen 7 was a shot to the head, and LE EBIN WHO RMEMBERS ORGiNAL 151 remake and the phone game buried it. Last night was superfluous; but, it did result in one new development for me personally; I now actively hate Pokemon.

Attached: 1557246481839.jpg (496x360, 17K)