Yesterday...

Yesterday, an user posted claiming that a Saints Row reboot developed by Volition with assistance from Dambuster Studios is going to be announced at E3. Will release on next generation consoles.

Attached: Possible Saints Row Leak.png (889x314, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_NP6C9lBTZA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

saints row sucks though, its buried by everything up to and including fortnite, which outclassed its retarded randumbness
anything new..doubt it very much

Saints Row as a series has sold something like 30 million copies. It was a major factor in THQN buying Deep Silver. There is no way a new game isn't in the pipeline in some capacity.

>Saint’s Row
Nobody gives a shit. They should have stopped making them after thr first two. They are asinine GTA clones with more “silly” added to set it apart.

That plotline is awfully similar to the APEX Corporation backstory for Homefront: The Revolution.

This, the post in the image, if true, mean they STILL don't understand the first two games.

WHO FUCKING CARES?

The last thing we need is more shitty ass open world games, FUCK. I'm so sick of this fad. Rockstar is such cancer.

>they STILL don't understand the first two games.
They don't give a shit about the first two games. Saints Row 3 & 4 comfortably outsold them by a massive margin. SR3 is the Far Cry 3 of Saints Row games.

user, i have hundred of screencap leaks that never happened

Especially from Yea Forums

And yet agents of mayhem sold so bad it forced layoffs at volition.

Agents of Mayhem tried to be different to Saints Row. Also it wasn't very good.

>Saints Row
zzz

>They are asinine GTA clones with more “silly” added to set it apart.
I don't see anything wrong with this.

>it will never be 2006 again
>games will never have old school rap again
>games will never have pop punk again
>games will never have drum n bass again
>gangsta/skate culture will never be cool again
>we're doomed to soulless shit like AOM for the rest of the industrys lifetime
youtu.be/_NP6C9lBTZA

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 289K)

Meh what gives, it will be EGS exclusive

This. SR 1 and 2 are quality games but they're never going back to it outside of references and callbacks like in SR4 (duuuude, remember how USED to be serious n gangsta n shit? xD). SR3 is when the game got massive popular appeal as "that wacky game" instead of just another GTA clone to dismiss.

That plot is bad enough to be realistic.

If anything Saints Row related is coming out of E3, it'll be a teaser for the live action movie in the works.

So not-Watchdogs uh?
If then add fighting styles bad, why not.

>by Volition
>yet another GTA chasing wannabe post-ironic open world meme

It's beyond sad. We could have had additional Freespace and Descent games from them in all those years. They could have carved themselves a niche where they would have reigned supreme and had a constant cult following fanbase like Egosoft or Piranha Bytes instead of that cock sucking dickhack Chris Roberts and his vapourware trash show that is Turd Citizen

Attached: MV5BZGVkZmUwNGMtOTNhNC00NTNiLWFlNjEtNTMxZTQwY2RkOGE5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg (800x1000, 180K)

fuck off faggot there's already loads of old space games to go play
there are barely any games as good as Saints Row 1 and 2

>A giant corporation

How fucking BORING

Just make it 3 gangs - or are they all out of creativity?

Attached: avgn.jpg (658x565, 39K)

I hope you get cancer and your family dies in a car accident

Voltion were fucking retards for removing character customization. Still mad. Fuck those brainlets.

>reboot

Attached: but why.gif (581x327, 3.72M)

Sounds sexy as shit till it said realistic

>we have games with 80s/90s aesthetics throwback games
>2000s when
isnt it about time or do we need a few more years

died after 2 and became meme garbage. don't care

Attached: Carlos_-_bloody_at_the_end_of_Red_Asphalt.jpg (1314x650, 107K)

Saints Row SUUUUCK

Why weren't the first 2 games ported? I'd rather them do that than make this "reboot".

Attached: 1555445674795.jpg (288x499, 23K)

I've been replaying Saints row 2 and some activities are harder than I remembered them. Like the drug deal with the Ronin lvl 6 I struggled for one hour at least because they are so aggressive it hurts
Great game. I love how each gang has a personality and is present in the city

>not playing as a gangbanger
Literally what's the fucking point then?

>saints row 2 comes out around same time as GTA IV
>people are actually pissed and disappointed with GTA IV (at the time)
>people actually really LOVED saints row 2
>saints row 3 revealed coming out in 2011 (GTA V wasn't a thing yet)
>huge massive hype
>people start the game
>lmao GAT is dead fuck you
>MEMES LOL
I'm glad the series is dead. Fucking morons. They went from absolute kino and pacing to garbage shit.

Attached: tumblr_opy4vwnfMs1r2ftyro1_500.gif (500x199, 1.27M)

It's probably going to be pozzed to hell and back.

Fortnite isn't anything like Saints Row. Saints Row is a GTA clone.

Why can't they just make a sequel to SR2 and keep a balance of goofy and serious? Oh also a shit ton of content that doesn't just reward you with goddamn exp to buy shit. SR2 was so perfect. Everywhere there was something different to do or find. Secret areas, music tracks for custom playlists, unlockable weapons, cars, every phone number could be called for a weird little discussion. Even seemingly useless shit like mugging unlocked something after so many. Sky diving into a car unlocked no fall damage for fuck sake! Oh also customizable clothes layers. Also want to have a tiny dinky ass car that plows through everything and sends it flying into the stratosphere? Insanely fun cheats that let you do just that.

SR3 and beyond ditched all the unique unlocks in favor of exp, stripped a ton of side content, stripped out cheats, no clothes layers, triple downed on the zany dumb shit, killed off Gat, and the mission variety tanked. Either make an actual good SR2 successor or fuck right off because you lost sight of why people loved SR in the first place.

I've been replaying it too. Insurance Fraud was as difficult as I remember. I also discovered that assassination targets roam the city even when you haven't selected them as a target. I accidentally killed one during Mayhem.

Volition doesn't have the edge they used to. While the Saints in SR1 had good intentions, you were still doing a lot of unquestionably bad stuff like getting acquainted with Columbian dealers and the like. This new game will probably paint these new Saints as flat out heroes and they'll be too chickenshit to make them say nigga.

Just pretend that Blue Planet is Freespace 3. Derelict if you don't like that one.

Asking for modern day Volition to make a new Freespace is a fucking cursed monkey paw scenario.

Attached: 1550586188923.jpg (458x418, 33K)

>Dambuster Studios
Fuck no

Attached: 1522389565762.png (127x188, 51K)

I care, so sucks it

I've only played 4, are the rest of them good?

If you've played 4 you've already played 3 since the map is basically identical minus the destroyed buildings and alien shit, and so is the gameplay when you don't have superpowers.

2 and 1's gameplay isn't as refined as 3's, but it does have more meaningful customization and it's less wacky, though still more whimsical than GTA.

Because the last canonical Saints Row game (Gat Out of Hell) literally has multiple endings where Gat rewrites history, including one where basically the timeline gets reset back to Saints Row 1 so this has been anticipated for awhile now.

Attached: 1558394046918.jpg (809x809, 100K)

>gameplay takes a very realistic tone
I really hope they counter-balance this with some wacky (but no over the top) stuff like in SR2

was that game any good?

Is the Switch version of 3 any good?

It's okay. It's basically SR4, you play as Gat with 'superpowers' except hes a fallen angel destroying demons in hell instead.

It has a few more original Saints Row cameos, i.e. tons of characters that died in 1-3. Dane Vogel (the Ultor Corp CEO in 2) is one of the major antagonists you work with. Dex is in it.

Gameplay wise, it actually has a unique new city unlike Saints Row 4 which just copied 3's boring as Steelport. Hell isn't entirely interesting but at least visually more distinct, and fun to fly through. There's no radio, it feels more like a DLC add-on, but if you like Saints Row and Gat and Kinzie and are bored it's worth a playthrough.

Wait for performance patches.

I mean that it's basically SR4 in the sense that it's the same engine, with emphasis on using powers, instead of classic GTA-eque driving etc.

Which should take how long?

if a leak starts with
>DUDE YOU'RE NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS
it literally never is true

Attached: 1558787086987m.jpg (1024x946, 107K)

Man I don't know what Volition is doing, if they're actively working on it or if they're just gonna sit around before flipping the switch in the code on framerate issues and bugs from yes to no.

Eh, not really. GooH is like 4, but located in different city with thinner amount of content and no character customization. I mean, it has very little actual story content, most of the time is spent doing stuff that is basically side activities from earlier SR games. If you like cleaning maps of content markers, it’s got you covered, but it’s very disappointing for anyone expecting a proper SR game with a story.

Volition are not the guys doing that version. It's the same fuckers that ported darksiders warmastered edition to the switch.

>gameplay takes a very realistic tone in terms of pacing and physics
I could have believed it if this wasn't in there.

I feel that just means .. realistic compared to 3-4.

Perhaps realistic like Saints Row 2 was realistic. Not sure about 'pacing' though, the physics would just mean a better engine that relies less on ragdolls and more something like Rockstar would use.

>it actually has a unique new city unlike Saints Row 4 which just copied 3's boring as Steelport
Gat Out of Hell also uses the Steelport map, they just put in some effort to make it look a little different.

On the last Saints Row thread that I posted in, I complained about the piss poor shit performance of SR2 on PC.
Turns out, GOG's SR2 was fucking bad.
I learned this when some user insisted that his SR2 works ok, so I pirated a SR2 version which isn't from GOG.
I'm having a great time now!

>ever buying games in the first place

Attached: Ronin_logo.png (300x301, 78K)

I got SR2 free during GOGs giveaway.

DUDE YOU'RE NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS
THE NIGHT SKY IS GONNA MAKE AN APPEARANCE LATER

SR2 is the worst port ever made and the performance is different on each people. I had better performance using the GOG version.

based

I NEED A GANGSTA BITCH

Unless its a four player Saints Row 2 remaster I literally could not care less.

I WANNA

No, you didn't. The GOG version is exactly the same as the Steam version, just capped at 30fps through nvidia inspector.
Every single version has the speed bug, you have the speed bug if you didn't fix it. The way to play SR2 on PC is to just powertools, turn off any framelimiters, and turn off dynamic lighting. In webm related cars don't cast headlights, but the game runs at a smooth 60fps with no drops, stutters or slowdown.

Attached: Replay 2019-05-26 08-57-16.webm (640x360, 1.6M)

Your PC hardware?

Hardware doesn't matter, the game will only run so well no matter what you throw at it. As long as your shit is relatively recent you can play at 60fps. Likewise, you can have a 2080ti and your game will still tank below 60 in areas with lots of dynamic lighting like interiors, and if you're using powertools this means the game will slow down and not skip frames.
For the record, I have an i7 7700k and a GTX 1060