2019... I Am Forgotten

2019... I Am Forgotten.

Attached: 1540873407-1094108685.jpg (2805x3077, 1.67M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qynvqI3Y-d0
youtube.com/watch?v=FElmjlzdSSM
rankedboost.com/super-smash-bros/unlockable-characters/
youtube.com/watch?v=LnmyuMnJom4
store.steampowered.com/app/394230/Battleborn/
youtube.com/watch?v=rrmRfi-4Exs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

someone post the crowbcat video

wow that guy has a tiny fucking head

that's the joke, dummy

Shame that it was also vastly superior to Borderlands trash.

Daily reminder that if you played and enjoyed any Borderlands game, alone or with friends, you need to fuck off back to plebbit.

Attached: benedict stabilizer.gif (500x473, 213K)

Nigga it was forgotten the day after release

Just why did they release so close to Overwatch?

because they thought they were hot shit and could compete with Blizzard

Randy is a psychopath. Comes with bloated sense of self-worth.

Attached: Randy.jpg (400x400, 33K)

I enjoyed it before I ever knew about Yea Forums or reddit, back before my heart shriveled and I could just enjoy things.

Randy is anti-consumer, he's not a psychopath

The answer is always Randy. Also 2k didnt do shit for advertising and the game got rushed out. If they had released in December (which was when the major patch came out that fixed a lot of shit), it would have done much better

>I enjoyed it before I ever knew about Yea Forums or reddit
Kill yourself newfag

You can’t deny that it has a badass intro:
youtu.be/qynvqI3Y-d0

Art-style was horrendous. Seriously might be one of the ugliest high profile games ever made.

Attached: 1460786343177.png (1280x1440, 2.33M)

What the fuck are you trying to argue? He has all the traits of a mediocre office psycho. He's smart enough to not show his power levels openly, but not smart enough to keep it properly under check either. His natural tendency to try manipulate people and bully those who don't follow his lead is pretty obvious if you know where to look.

Attached: randy plays guitar.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

Whoa user, he probably just didn't realize how serious Yea Forums's serious business seriously is!!

JUST!

Insanely badass

Attached: 05AEC556-9572-4838-AE2E-20A9BD2FD019.gif (435x250, 3.2M)

>using shit from the beta
Every time. half of that shit isnt in the UI any more

Why people always talk like as if Randy was a bad guy? He seems funny and comfy to be around with.

t. Randy

Because he makes consistently bad decisions, then acts like a smug prick about it? Like BB was actually a decently fun game and he single handedly killed any chance it had by being a fucking retard

It was never not forgotten, the only people who seem to know about the game was Yea Forums, and that was to shit on it.

>2K didn't do shit for advertising
Didn't they spend a ridiculous amount on this games advertising?

"Look at me, I am crying because I have feelings just like you human cattle have!"

Attached: randy crying in toilet.jpg (901x1200, 141K)

No? They didnt spend shit. Hence why literally nobody knew it existed until it was already out.

How can a CEO be so outspoken and outward? Fucking bizarre, but in a way, commendable?

>lol watch this sea creature with huge pincers attack a small housecat
>oh come on guys it was just a social experiment
I don't think you can make it any more obvious you're a psychopath.

Randy, pls. Why are you posting on Yea Forums?

It was forgotten after a few days it's released.

Wait, what?

>Sue man for rights to Duke Nukem
>When said man was using the income from the games to pay for his wife's chemotherapy
>Get said rights
>Pull Megaton edition from all stores
>Put up World Tour, which is inferior to Megaton
>Sell fuck all copies after all that

Randy is a piece of shit and always has been.

Attached: 1557804941333.jpg (640x480, 97K)

absolute fucking nigger. end yourself you diseased faggot

He shared a video on twitter where a cat was being attacked by a crab and tried to deflect accusations he was enjoying animal cruelty because he dindu nuffin.

But I'm not Randy Pitchford, CEO of Gearbox Software, best known for developing the highly praised Borderlands series. Pre-order your copy of Borderlands 3 today.

What the fuck man

It's honestly not that big of a deal, you little bitch. Don't act like you're morally superior. You Steamfags are just still assblasted after the anal devastation Epic brought upon you guys, and are now using Randy as a target to vent your frustration.

Have sex, cope, and dilate.

Tiananmen Square massacre 1989 and all that.

Attached: hannibal lawyer.jpg (480x360, 36K)

how much money did this game lose in total,
animations like that arn't cheap.

Attached: 1359949443779.png (362x370, 110K)

Frankly it isn't, but I wouldn't attach my identity to it anyway.

my love for Orendi lives on

Attached: 11924247.jpg (865x665, 457K)

This is art

go to assault another employee randy

Who /benedict/ here?

Holy shit, this might be the only worthwhile western animation created in some time now

Quite a lot, I think. They were really banking hard on it being the next big thing - they were pushing all kinds of merchandise with it.

Sure.

Attached: Battleborn-Benedict-Concept-Artwork01.jpg (1024x471, 95K)

Best bird

If they spent half as much on advertising and not trying to directly compete with fucking OW, it would have done well I think. Fucking idiots.

to be fair, Battleborn fucked itself for trying to compete with Overwarch

Is he the only good design in the game?

I'm partial to pheobe

True enough. They made a lot of terrible decisions before and after launch.

90% of the people that played Battleborn only played the beta and dropped it like a rock, like me.

Pheobe is a fucking cutie, Marquis is alright too. Oscar Mike and Whiskey are fine. Boulder is based.

It's actually pretty funny. Most of the girls would be maximum fetish fuel if the models were done differently.

There's some decent designs. It's just that lot of the modelling jobs were slightly botched, so a lot of the characters that looked kinda neat on paper ended up looking messed up in-game.

If you look at the animated intro, lot of the characters that looked like weird transgender plastic dolls in game look fine in 2D.

Attached: alani.jpg (960x540, 230K)

That was half the problem, they tried to rush out the game to compete with OW. I would say to give it a whirl now, but you arent going to find anyone to play with. Or if they do, they're going to slaughter you since the 30 people that play know everything about the game.

Such wasted potential.

They shoulda just made it free to play from the get go.

People didnt like super/Monday Night Combat either. Having to build towers turns them off

Alani and Pheobe are top waifu

Attached: Orendi.webm (800x836, 715K)

The hubris of Pitchford is a troubling thing
The towers are such a small part though, mash a button 3 times, youre done

Attached: Alani.webm (662x786, 560K)

>they planned trading cards, figurines, other merchandises, and a whole season of cartoon for it
was it hubris

they wanted it to be a multimedia thing. They had playing cards, figurines, comics, animation. Everything was ready to go. And they completely flopped. Hell there was that one post of a guy which was given all the battleborn trading cards gamestop had, and he still didnt have everything

Attached: Beatrix 1.webm (794x830, 706K)

They'd sunk a ton of money into it. Any kind of price drop or model change would be admitting that the game wasn't doing well, and that's something Randy couldn't stomach. Even when they finally DID switch to a F2P model (long after any public interest had waned), they refused to call it such, insisting that it was a "trial version". Ultimately, it just partitioned any new players off from the owners of the full version, since free players could only play the versus modes.

These are fucking solid designs, cute/cool and expressive withouth being overcluttered. Shame about your game no taking off, battlebros, maybe GB will still use them for something down the line or Overwatch/Paladins will rip them off so the spirit of the character can live on.

Attached: Beatrix.webm (722x598, 324K)

>Most of the girls would be maximum fetish fuel if the models were done differently.
Fucking this. Yea Forums would've ripped their collective dicks off if they fixed their faces and some of their proportions with all the fetish boxes that they actually check, they even have actual height and bodytypes from smol to tall, sticc to thicc and completely flat to big tiddy, normal human to blue chick to immortal cyborg vampires and multi armed monstergirl

>Battleborn ended up being much less gay than overwatch despite the mere existence of Randy Pitchford, pretty much the most innocuous and mild fanbase that's really small
>Overwatch is giga pozzed and full of super horny literal sissy ERP faggots spreading their shit everywhere
What a weird timeline

Attached: 1391471822691.png (1202x1202, 727K)

Do you not know how Blizzard works? They have an extremely aggressive release pattern for their games, like wow patches during other mmo releases.
Blizzard did it's thing and snuffed out Battleborn.
Overwatch fucking sucks ass by the way, base game Battleborn has more content than that shitty ass game does 3 years later.

>pretty much the most innocuous and mild fanbase that's really small
That's because it never had a chance to grow big

>reminder that if you played and enjoyed any Gearbox game, alone or with friends, you need to fuck off back to plebbit.
FTFY

what was your least favorite character? mine was the robot sniper.

Attached: toby.png (1868x155, 12K)

To play against or to play as?

>base game Battleborn has more content
And had no idea on what to do with it

Because Overwatch is filled with waifus that have fuck all for lore but easily sexualized, perfect for self inserting fags. Battleborn girls are infinitely more interesting and conceptually hot, but the majority of them are uggos except for Phoebe, Galilea, Reyna, Alani, and Deandi. Even then, Pheobe is the only one that's legitimately a bombshell. Which is hilarious because you dont even notice her gigantic tiddies due to the fact that she wears an ultra conservative dress.

To play against i suppose.

What's that mean?
Each character had individual levels with unlocks, and story/background information which gave you incentive to try everyone. And there was almost 3 times the roster of overwatch on release, AND albeit short lived, a story mode as well. And modes to play besides motherfucking payload, year round.
No, as far as content goes, Battleborn fucking shits on Overwatch, and unfortunately proved that lootboxes were more successful than making actual game content.

Overwatch is a hundred times more Reddit than BB, yet you nigger faggots here ate that shit up.

really hot until you hear the voice

Attached: 1501096755314.jpg (1024x942, 147K)

How do you mess up so many amazing Waifu Ideas? Most of them were only ruined by bad faces.
>Tan, Flat chested punk teen who only wears gauze and an open vest as her top
>Tall Barefoot Amazon with a short temper that is canonically smelly
>DUMMY THICC Sassy and Brown Pirate Queen
>Sunny but aloof goddess of fire, also an immortal space vampire, sticc to absurd levels
>Crazy Shortstack with 4 arms
>Big tiddy ojou sama that has a fetish for mechs
>Korra but blue and naive, didn't know what pants were until recently
>Cyborg vampire mileena

Attached: 1515266246545.jpg (1920x1080, 229K)

It also locked most of them for the player at launch and forced the player to go through the chore of unlocking them by doing missions or leveling up.

Designs may be solid but Gearbox humor is still in effect
Everyone is showing off their high school-tier sarcasm at nearly every opportunity, and that Orendi girl is basically Tiny Tina if she got into witchcraft instead of bombs

What the fuck is wrong with you, his voice is the best part
>What's wrong? I SEEEED WHAT'S WROOOOONG?!

>epic anal devastation
Have you been under a rock these last six months?

At least there was an attempt at humor, cant say the same for OW

God forbid you play a fucking game user. I did that for smash brothers, and a dozen different games when I was younger. That shit should not be a fucking problem.

I'm pretty sure that was a Randy Pitchford shitpost.

Oscar Mike's line about loving feminism as he slaughters female enemies is tens times better than any single thing Overwatch ever delivered in terms of actual character

wow, that man's head is very small

How the fuck is that any different from shit like smash or even league? Get good at the base characters before unlocking and learning the advances ones. You can literally unlock everything by going through the story mode like 2 times, which is what, 4-5 hours?

I personally respect OW because of it, actually. not every single game has to be TEH FUNNEH. fucking TF2fags.

>I respect OW for literally doing the bare minimum
>I respect OW for making a batch of non-characters with zero personality or lore at all
I dont understand this, legitimately. Like why not just play CoD or something at that point

Attached: 1467616723930.png (635x640, 547K)

OW is sterilized and that's what made me sick of it.

Neither Battleborn nor Overwatch has the charm of TF2

You say this about a "serious" fucking game that add a fucking hamster in a robot ball?

Attached: 1558827441873.jpg (297x545, 38K)

I thought thorn diende and pheobe were good.
The rest were just uggo

Oscar Mike was an exception for me since his exaggerated dudebro attitude could get me to smile consistently, though I guess I liked him because whoever was voice acting him put effort into the delivery of their lines, unlike the deadpan and Disney rated Overwatch characters

stopped playing about a week after she came out, everyone was rolling her and all her moves blocked half of the fucken screen with its effects, if i knew the servers were gonna be ghost towns not too long after i would of stuck with it for a bit longer as i actually enjoyed the game. do people still play this on consoles at all?

Overwatch can't decide on a fucking aesthetic, and the trannies don't help anything.

>league
Or you could just buy the hero

go home randy

>No love for my boy ISIC

Fucker realized that he was in a video game so he decided the best course of action was to do whatever the fuck he wanted.

Shoutout to El Dragon's arms

Attached: tumblr_o7c10p4uBp1ttpdo7o3_500.png (500x344, 104K)

It turns off the casuals who see "unlock that guy when you get level 50 or get silver on all advanced missions".
Smash just lets you unlock characters through playing classic, which is more braindead for casuals.

Which is gay zoomer shit. How about you put in minimal effort at the fucking game and not spend money like a faggot?

>Attikus design is bad threads
I main this guy and fucking pulverised people with an attack speed build I made, who the fuck doesn't want to play as a giant brute? He's the big enemy in story mode made playable, how is that not fucking awesome?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Oh yea, Isic was the best. Great delivery on his lines to.
>Don't worry about your pets after you die, *chuckle* they'll starve to death :D"

League is gay zoomer shit anyway so it fits

Badass.

Attikus is one of those characters where you either get shit on or anally rape an entire team, there's no in between

bizarre to see anons talk about Battleborn’s pros and cons without excessive shitposting for once, what happened?

Fair enough

All the zoomers single brain celled shitposters who didn't actually play the game haven't shown up.

the overwatch loved died out so now they can do it without the pavlov responses.
remeber every new game is shit and needs 2 years to age then its ok to talk about it. been this way since 2013

Shitposters have a short attention span, and its been like 3 years. They are probably shitposting about some ebin twitter/pepe/wojak template thread

I loved this guys lines. But it felt like everyone played him

The main problem is that casuals are going to want to play their favorite as soon as possible.
League lets you unlock any character through playing or money.
Even smash lets you unlock the characters you want through a "pathway" of sorts using different characters for different unlocks.
Battleborn forces you to either go through a linear path or do tasks that look daunting for casuals for the later ones.
The execution was poor, if anything.

He was legit top tier when you learned that his dash ignored heights. You could backdoor and pop your seige mode and just devastate the initial sentry in Incursion

People need to know what something actually is in order for it to be forgotten

Would people be shilling Battleborn if it were released today on EGS?

Attached: 1424410416747.png (321x270, 106K)

>Even smash lets you unlock the characters you want through a "pathway" of sorts using different characters for different unlocks.
The recent one didnt to my knowledge, it was literally "play the fucking game". And fuck the casual market, if everyone stopped paot gniredn that shit we wouldnt have theni melborp the first place. Too bad money talks

He looks just like my 6th grade Handycaft teacher

>if everyone stopped paot gniredn that shit we wouldnt have theni melborp the first place.
Jesus, what the fuck happened to my keyboard?

if everyone stopped pandering to that shit we wouldnt have that problem the first place*

>The recent one didnt to my knowledge
Do not speak for games you haven't played you retarded worthless faggot

It couldn't hurt. The game pretty much doesn't exist on Steam anymore.

I don’t give a fuck about Epic, if you enjoy animal abuse you can go rot in hell

Its a pretty odd thing to do.

>Handycaft
what

Oh good. For moment I was starting to think there was some giant cultist movement I failed to know about.

Randy is a person beyond our comprehension, he probably was your teacher and you never knew it

Here
youtube.com/watch?v=FElmjlzdSSM

Contrarians. Half this thread is bitching about Overwatch, like its not the far better game.

I have played it faggot, and as far as I can tell it was completely fucking random save for getting Paulitina last and some special shit for the Mii's. Did you get inkling first, bowser second, and wario third?

>play online matches
>complete classic with specific character
>save character in story mode
literally three easy methods

But it's not. It's pretty bad.
Paladins is better than both though.
And I think paladins is shit too

this thread holds the attention of about 2-3 retards who thought this was a good game
it was thoroughly shit, they took a simple hero game formula and fucked it up completely

Did you literally just play online matches the whole way through

Nigger, most of the complaints are the fact that BB had conceptually better fleshed out characters which is objective truth. Then people said that the problem was the modeling was shit, praising OW's models over BBs. The other complaint is that Randy is a dumb fuck and that they shouldnt have tried to compete with OW at all. Which is also fucking true.

Just because people arent mindlessly sucking OWs dick 24/7 doesnt mean we are bashing for no reason. Most of the complaints are pointing out the flaws of fucking BB

This, that bug ridden mess is at least fun and I like most characters.

Well, the rest of the UI is not there anymore either, because the game is fucking dead.

No? I dont even think you could unlock characters while doing online? Are you going to refute it or not? The point is you need to still put in effort into the game to unlock shit and nobody fucking cared.

>Then people said that the problem was the modeling was shit
no people said the game was shit, because it was

If Battleborn had been half as good as this trailer it would have been AOTS and Overwatch killer.

Unfortunately it just wasn't good. Art direction, gameplay, ambience, models, animations etc., just weren't polished or felt smooth and seamless.

There is a reason Blizzard Games are so fucking good. Smooth gameplay, beautiful models and a seamless world. That shit just doesn't happen by itself, it takes years of hand crafting and huge teams of experienced devs.

Battleborn should have started smaller, experimented with more ideas and developed it's gameplay and style over time.

You can't fight Blizzard. Don't even try.

Attached: 1558926565725.png (268x276, 120K)

I thought this looked boring as fuck when I first saw it. It still is. The character design are incredibly bland and generic and the overall style simply sucks. It looks like it's from the 90's except for the minigun guy.

STOP YOU FUCKING CONTRARIAN.

Oh, so you didnt actually read the thread at all and are just seeking attention, good to know.

>there us a reason blizzard games are so good.
Blizzard games have not been good in forever though.

Randy is a cunt

>people are somehow still hype for borderlands 3 despite this, aliens colonial marines and duke nukem forever
Why is Borderlands such a normiecore series? What did it do? I passed on it back on launch same with 2 but seeing 3 suddenly be announced, why is the game so praised?

From an objective quantitative perspective, Blizzard games are god tier.

Clean net code, smooth models, low poly counts, amazing textures, efficient code.

I don't care about the subjective shit, anybody who can't see the magic behind blizzard games is a pleb.

Attached: 1558929741424.jpg (536x297, 48K)

looks good, what game?

>seeking attention
nobody but you is going to give me attention for saying battleborn was a shit game

>random
It isn't.
rankedboost.com/super-smash-bros/unlockable-characters/

What's the point of a good looking game when they are all shallow husks of what they used to be?

Don't they create a model and then recolour it several times to create multiple characters?

It's a co-op shooter that also has some RPG stuff. People like shooters, co-op, and some RPG stuff.

I just thought the industry was tired of post apocalyptic brown shooter shit
Also, I don't know if I'm crazy but guns in RPG's just don't make sense to me. Maybe I've played too much fantasy shit but when you have a gun and shoot someone, that thing should be dead

Who /phoebe/ here?

Attached: phoebe.gif (206x293, 3.2M)

Has gearbox ever made a single game that wasn’t dogshit? Borderlands was novel at the time because RPG loot in a skill based genre wasn’t something you saw a lot of ten years ago, and the humor was fresh, if poorly written, in the overly serious brown’n’bloom era, but it was fucking awful aside from that. Yet it blew up because of its novelty and it seemingly convinced people Gearbox were good at making games. Yet everything not riding on the Borderlands license that Gearbox has made has been a complete flop. I hope BL3 is good because I know for a fact that my friends are going to make me play it, but I don’t have much hope for it.

This trailer makes me think that Battleborn could have been much better if they went for a more serious tone instead of making every character a wacky quip spewer and had less ridiculous proportions for character designs.

Attached: LICK LICK LICK LICK LICK.png (471x310, 196K)

>had video of a barely legal camgirl in his usb
>assault one of his employees
>steal money from 2k
>say that there is no microtransactions in bl3 and then he gets mad when he gets called out
>post video of animal abuse
how does he get away with it?

All battleborn had to do was wait until later that year and release a non-rushed version of the game. That's it. If Randy and 2k werent absolute retards, it would have done fine.

Top tier personality and one of the few good looking characters to boot.
Damn right I'm /pheobe/

Gearbox writers literally don’t know how to write characters in any other way.

Thats subjective truth you retard.

I feel like they wanted more from the plot.
The final boss didnt even feel very final.

Lad I like OW too but its absolutely irrefutable that OW characters are basically cardboard

You're not the only one who feels that way. Bullet-sponge enemies aren't all that fun to fight, but they wanted to push a sense of progression with incrementally more powerful guns. Of course, then you run into things like a pistol you find at level 15 being vastly more powerful than an assault rifle you found at 10.

It wasn't supposed to be, I don't think. They were planning on adding DLC scenarios to continue the story, but the game didn't last long enough to make their season pass worth it.

She was really fun to play as

Why not just make [future gun] be powered by your characters super natural forces? Higher level guns means that your powers can be channeled easier through the metal or someshit. I dunno, I feel like it wouldnt be that hard to handwave it away in a fantasy setting

Playing through BL recently made me realize how fucking shit the progression was. There’s a damage multiplier that gets applied based on difference in level between you and your target. And it is ridiculous. I was 3 levels below some enemies and they would 2-shot me with automatic weapons while basically not taking damage from me. Came back later 2 levels higher with the same shield and gun and shredded them no problem. It really makes the gear and customization feel toothless. If I’m having trouble, it’s not because I need a weapon upgrade or because I built my character poorly. It’s because I didn’t do enough fucking side quests. Conversely, I can’t get better at learning what stats to prioritize on equipment, what skills to pick, or even at the mechanical skill of aiming, and see it pay off in any meaningful way, because if I ever try to take on harder content I’ll just get told to fuck off and grind.

Compare this to, e.g., D2. In D2 if I’m getting fucked by scarabs let’s say, I can invest in light res gear. I can check merchants, farm other areas a bit, etc. until I get some pieces of light res gear, and then I’m set. Maybe I’m playing a kicksin and my offense is weak. Crushing blow would help. Andariel has a decent chance to drop Crushflange, so I farm her a bit and get it. I can make some blood gloves and get more CB that way. This sort of farming and gearing up makes progression feel so much better, because you’re not just filling an xp bar to see the numbers go up. You’re identifying the weaknesses with your character and setting goals to target and fix those weaknesses. It’s problem solving. Borderlands doesn’t have that because the level difference multiplier overshadows everything else by a fucking landslide.

Compared to BB's cast, OW's cast is like a fucking gift from God. You are a contrarian, bub. Don't try to pull the objective truth card here, you lack the taste to play it.

Describe soldier 76 without saying what he looks like, what his powers/profession is, or his sexuality. Describe it like I've never heard of the character or game before.

I like that RLM bit, although I don't recall Mike mentioning sexuality. Too much dick on your brain I guess.

I paraphrased because I couldnt be assed enough to pull up the video

Why did it fail? It was pretty fun, shitty artstyle and UI aside.

Attached: battleblunder.png (1358x1381, 699K)

Are you gonna do it or what?
I recall liking Oscar Mike's level 10 log, where he didn't care if he died as long as he kept fighting with his newfound friends. He the walking tough exterior stereotype, not that there's anything wrong with that now and then. The dude oozes character, not to mention, under the mask he looks like a total freak.

He's a man stripped of his idealism by past failures and betrayals who has turned vigilante and fights a private war against bad guys in defiance of a world that told him he wasn't needed anymore.

It would still be around if it was free2 play.
But it failed mostly because of randy. If the art direction was closer to paladins it would be better too.

Why would I? If you think Oscar Mike is a good character with unrealized potential you probably can't even read.

This, he is post-Civil War Captain America basically

See this guy did just fine without being an aggressive spaz faggot like you. Potential? Nah I just said how the character was and I thought they did him well
Unfortunately for 76, none of that description can shine through that game's shitty ass limited game modes, nobody in that game really can.

You thought Gearbox did Oscar Mike well

Jesus, dude.

Nice thoughts bro, keep up the 5 iq responses.

Why, so you can keep understanding them?

Never played OW, but cant a large part of that description be copypasta'd to the majority of the cast? Like isnt their whole shtick that they were old guard and were told they werent needed any more?

>tfw no flaming hot sun priestess robo gf

Attached: __ambra_battleborn_drawn_by_alexandra_vo__a647c9330868cb1a2f58682e3efea691.jpg (4096x2315, 510K)

This shit was forgotten to everyone but Yea Forums within a month of release. I never got to play it, but I did love the 2 years of shitposting we got out of it. It unified the board like few things did after it.

Attached: 1559061090080.gif (200x200, 503K)

Yeah but most of the OW members were okay’ish with it ending and didn’t become bitter vigilante grumblymen

Yeah basically.
Not that it would matter in a game that has no plot.

In other words, he's a more bitter version of 90% of the cast.

Overwatch really doesn't bother expanding past the present.
>we're going to do something
>nothing happens

I always envisioned her as a grandma for whatever reason

I was on Yea Forums the moment this happened and I couldn't believe this shit. A fucking CEO performing career suicide just because he was so assblasted by bigots on Twitter. If nothing before did it, this is the point when gearbox died for me.

They fucking advertised the hell out of the game. Open beta if you had Borderlands 2, constant showings at Gaming conventions, commercials, constant gameplay videos.

The problem was they fucking went up against Overwatch, when they weren’t even similar games.

He still has his job, user.

She says alot of old lady things

a bit unrelated, but funny thing is paladins were supposed to be a lot similar to battleborn before they ended up copying overwatch instead
which may/may not be due to the battleborn's failure

that robo-gentleman is pretty cool character

They should have made it third person, imo. Dealing with all kinds of cc in first person is too disorienting, and first person melee just sucks.
If it was third person, I probably would have played it quite a bit more, it was pretty fun.

Do one yourself, faggot

Fat chance of that happening.

Oscar Mike is a naive, well intentioned idiot. He fronts with the tough guy persona, but in reality he is a social outcast even among his own cloned peers, and thus longs for companionship and validation. He looks up to and strives to be acknowledged by the Whiskey Foxtrot, another clone of a different production line. Oscar Mike often covers his insecurities with loudness and over excessive bravado, much to the chagrin of his allies. Though he will never admit it openly, Oscar Mike cherishes his comrades dearly. He usually touches upon said insecurities and emotions by recording in his "private" video diary. In one such case, he reveals that he is not afraid of his mortality, so long as he can stand beside the few friends that accept him for who he is. Oscar Mike also struggles with identity crisis. Being a clone, he feels he must act a certain way, yet he expresses enough individuality that he was unceremoniously booted out of the clone collective from which he hails from. Through his character arc, he learns to not focus on conforming to the preconceived notions of his heritage, but to define himself on who he wants to be. Though Oscar Mike may share similarities to the other clones, he is ultimately his own man with his own goals and purpose, something that can not be defined by merely his DNA. And while his macho man attitude may annoy some, he is always open to friendship in any form, shape, or species, so long as they are cool with his friends. He also hates spiders and loves to do sick air guitar solos.

How'd I do?

ISIC is best bot

Attached: 1466285069838.png (1280x1109, 1.07M)

The picture of Randy in the bathroom never fails to crack me up, what the fuck was he thinking. Absolute JUST

posts that didnt age well

You described his profession, nice job.

Attached: just.jpg (656x874, 87K)

I dont think I did? I never mentioned he was a soldier or that he was in the UPR

>when you know a guy that hyped battleborn to high heaven

Attached: 1536101233619.jpg (841x1200, 337K)

You groped him against his will because BB was a flop?

I think a few of them are in this thread.

Cory, get your life together. You bought BB for full fucking price my man.

Oscar mike was such a gem

Remember that time Randy shilled a rule 34 battleborn porn subreddit that he created himself? Haha.

Attached: battlelesbos.png (930x687, 385K)

I thought Orendi has a crush on Shayne's Djinn?

Some user said randy was just a IRL mr.Torgue

Dont insult Mr Torgue like that

Attached: 1333054059426.png (476x356, 165K)

>pheobe attack speed crit build

Good god I was unstoppable, I just melted people before they could touch me.
All said and done, I enjoyed battleborn far more than overwatch.

Its a gameplay element first then a joke. He can't be a tank if he's also a headshot magnet.

It's funny how Randy's rep tanked hard as fuck after this game's release + the shit he did over the last 3 years.

>He can't be a tank if he's also a headshot magnet.
>tiny hitbox
>headshot magnet
Are you ok? Its literally the opposite, he's harder to head shot than most tanks

Are you fucking okay?
>why is his head small
>because he can't be a tank if his head hitbox is huge

nigga anyone who mentions "plebbit" out of nowhere pretty much says they came from reddit themselves

No user I'm not ok apparently. Sorry

>Featherfags defend this shit just because they like fapping to the bird man

wew

>local user mad that some people liked a bird with a rocket launcher, has to equate it to sex because hes a closet furry

Shitposters are busy with Death Stranding

I honestly really enjoyed this game, the designs were god awful, but I thought the gameplay was actually really good

Same user

No one has talked about the gameplay cons yet.
>RNG gear unlocks locked away behind lootboxes that could easily make you OP alone (see lorian cutpurse)
> Not to mention generally busted legendary items that break the game (see toby 4 second stun combo able to do 2200+ dmg on hitting one projectile)
>Disgusting los design where some characters can attack enemies without revelaing a majority of their hitbox
>Horrible game mode for competitive play besides updated incursion (capture points, meltdown, the other modes added later)
>Dev team put a 10 minute on the surrender button (games are 30 minutes max) so people getting stomped just left or afked in base until surrender time was applied.
>Devs limiting incursion from map pool after such a small playerbase they had to implement aggregate queue.
I've never seen a fandom so protective of their game as Battleborn players. Almost every design decision was sloppy and shortsighted, yet they'll blame anything but the game for it dropping 80% of their playerbase in the first month. Most of these rabid BB defenders are people with 800+ hours in the game limited to queuing discord games with LucFal. Be wary of them.

if i were to play right now
how long would it take me to queue

You haven't been able to use the ingame queue for two years

The threads were magical

oh hi randy did you get a 2° usb for you underage pissing folder

Forever if you arent doing a bots match. It got memed to death, youd have to form a group of people to get games going at this point

shame

Attached: 1543439533121.jpg (600x611, 32K)

Most people are very much aware of the flaws. The thing is, there were still actively trying to patch things and make it work long after the game obviously flopped. Not saying its perfect, just that it never got a chance. If it did decently, I'd imagine most of the problems you mentioned would have been fixed or not an issue at all

Today I will remind them that this game probably wouldn't have tanked if they had just made it a Borderlands-themed game that let you play as all the memes everyone loves instead of making original characters like this.

Attached: profile-crop.png (1600x1600, 1.67M)

youtube.com/watch?v=LnmyuMnJom4

Attached: 1540703109753.png (286x288, 32K)

What about Homeworld?

The game had a gigantic beta and most of the design decisions that killed the game were implemented after the game launched. It had plenty of chances to redeem itself, but the developers weren't perceptive enough to see how they were killing the game, and weren't talented enough to fix their mistakes meaningfully. Regardless of the mistakes prior to launch, the fundamentals of locking busted upgrades from players who hadn't opened them in a loot box or hadn't grinded a boss enough times is horrendous in a MOBA. Stop pretending that the fundamentals of the game would be thrown out if it was slightly more popular.

I tried this shit when they released the shitty free demo version and I liked it a lot because the moba/fps mixed gameplay was really fun but the game had several flaws that helped killing it like:
>items locked behind lootboxes
>five different types of lootboxes
>matchmaking tied to your steam download region
>terrible UI
>having to grind for characters in the retail version
>removing maps and game modes from f2p version a week after launch
>making separate matchmakings for f2p and paid users a week after releasing the f2p version
>performance issues

from what i understand, battleborn was a f2p from the beginning but according to randy 2k demanded full price. I don't believe him tho.

>and most of the design decisions that killed the game were implemented after the game launched
Except that playerbased surged after some of the bigger patches.
>locking busted upgrades from players who hadn't opened them in a loot box or hadn't grinded a boss enough times is horrendous in a MOBA.
I actually agree with you on that to a degree. That said, they did try to actively tone down busted items and make it so that you could have a decent shot even with middling loot. I do think that it should have been left to the story though. I think it might have been better if each character had a few different preloaded load outs for competitive that catered to different styles of playing said character, like maybe 3 main load outs. That way it would be fair. I think they were actually thinking about implimenting something similar but scapped it since the game was dying anyway and it would have made people who grinded upset.

I wish there was actually some way to just freeze Randy’s assets so he can’t do shit anymore. As much as Yea Forums and other people mock his insanity, he’s still insanely rich and is set financially for the rest of his life, and that makes me sad.

Attached: 657166C7-CE5D-498A-B42C-6919ABE5BB43.jpg (1689x986, 168K)

>Except that playerbased surged after some of the bigger patches.
Oh fuck off. Any surge was from those "Battleborn Days", new characters, and Free To Play, not from people waiting for new balance patches. Also those "surges" are about 12% of what it had on launch. You're so disingenuous, especially when you "everyone knows the flaws" in a thread where the overwhelming majority of people didn't play the game.

Don't fantasize about what the game could have been and discuss what the game was. Saying the devs would have implemented fixes (even though they had plenty of time to do so especially around the fall update) isn't rating the game based on what it is

Attached: battleborn stats.png (949x449, 20K)

barely legal = legal

that's not really an argument

Man the gameplay for battleborn is wild, mixing moba shit with rng loot and the helix upgrades makes for some wild builds once you get the hang of it
>Unkillable Miko Montana combo
>Caldarius Drifting
>Literally anything with Galilea
>Crit Pheobe
>Blot out the sun with missiles as Benedict
>Skill nuke Orendi

wow you can't buy or download the f2p version now. I guess this is the end.
store.steampowered.com/app/394230/Battleborn/
also reminder that gearbox dropped this game for something called project 1vs1.

Jesus dude chill the fuck out, I said I liked the game and that most people are aware of the fuckin flaws. I'm not being "disingenuous", it's how me and I assume many of the other players feel about the game. I even said I agree with you on some points. No need to be a hostile cunt about it just because we have a difference in opinion. Get the dick out of your ass

nigger

>Unkillable Miko Montana combo
Beatrix and other wounding stuff certainly helped to stop that

But the devs did implement fixes around the fall update. The problem was that the game was rushed out to begin with so by the time the fall update came around, they were just trying to make it workable to an already dying player based

>"Hold the fuck up"

(((Jennerit)))

You will always deny that Battleborn died on its own choices, not environmental factors. That's what makes you disingenuous.
They did, but they didn't reverse the glaring issues that made a barrier for new players. I bough my friend Battleborn and he ragequit the first pvp game we played due to the power difference between someone with and someone without items. I know first hand why Battleborn never grew.

>You will always deny that Battleborn died on its own choices, not environmental factors. That's what makes you disingenuous.
Dont put words in my mouth faggot. I'm aware they were ill equipped and handled certain decisions poorly. I also happen to think some of their decisions were alright given the circumstance. And I really dont need some hostile cunt with an obvious chip on his shoulder to tell me what I think about something.

>they fixed things but that doesnt count because they didnt fix ALL the things while they were desperately trying to salvage the fucking broken mess that Randy and 2k forced them to push out 10 months too early
Ok I guess

What circumstance is that? Stop making excuses for them.
I can think of core design decisions that were changed in games like Paladins (cards free for all) and Overwatch (Armor and Healing change), but I can't think of a single core design decision that was changed in Battleborn. Honestly, if all they did was revert the incursion and surrender change in the fall update, then the game would be a lot healthier than what it is now. But they didn't revert any of their big mistakes they did after launch. They had too much pride, and they didn't listen to their community. 2K had nothing to do with that.

>Despite being only 13% of the galactic population, Thralls are responsible for 50% of violent crime!
Damn, I didn't know Raimi was doing work on this, It's expected of Isic but still.

NEVER

Attached: 1475243787198.png (634x826, 94K)

I want to ______ that engineer!

Attached: Randy's Hog.jpg (850x475, 37K)

Attached: bertlebern.webm (896x504, 2.82M)

Attached: STOP THE BULLYING.jpg (716x1024, 113K)

Attached: 1497368739441.png (637x429, 48K)

Attached: 1496727315083.jpg (791x2020, 324K)

Come on guys, Battleborn might have been a complete failure, but Lawbreakers was battleborn's battleborn, the game died in just a month and closed a studio in less than a year

Attached: old classic lawbreakers.jpg (938x724, 243K)

Attached: 1496771179872.jpg (631x2395, 698K)

The saddest part about it is that Battleborn wasnt even gonna compete against overwatch, Randy's putrid game was announced before they even knew blizzard was making overwatch

Attached: 1490359211011.png (624x1712, 475K)

It's sad they tried to compete with Overwatch and didn't advertise the game at all when it went f2p. I actually tried it and it was pretty solid. Very well thought out and with a much better gameplay than anything they had done before.
It had a pretty high skill ceiling too.

Attached: 1538550605722.jpg (721x717, 169K)

>Brothers in Arms series was killed for this

Attached: 584510-930277_20070924_screen001.jpg (1280x1002, 216K)

What skill ceiling is that? Who can come up with the best item combo? who can find the smallest hole to shoot the spider tank without being shot back? Who can press the ability button and space bar the best to glide? There is no interesting movement in battleborn. not to mention and

Oh no, not at all. I'm talking advanced movement and aiming. Mechanic skills mattered a lot more than items.

What advanced movement are you talking about? Battleborn has the slowest movement in the entire genre. There's also the gigantic head hitbox meant for console players. What mechanics are you referencing?

Attached: -rand.png (631x1006, 413K)

Attached: 1481039210072.jpg (783x1316, 672K)

Attached: 1475443787198.png (554x568, 380K)

Attached: 1475443787198.jpg (600x896, 81K)

Attached: 1475245564941.jpg (640x605, 95K)

its rare to see traditional western animation, especially done this well.

Attached: 1475243787192.png (689x429, 52K)

>Isic

Attached: 1558321839124.png (732x371, 188K)

Go back to school

Attached: 1475243787191.png (655x535, 635K)

Attached: 1475243787188.png (590x599, 744K)

>yfw you aren't Randy Pitchford

Attached: 1559009762288.gif (230x306, 1.92M)

Attached: 1475243783198.jpg (600x371, 36K)

Attached: 1475243747198.png (618x331, 47K)

Attached: comfy_coffee.gif (360x360, 3.72M)

Attached: 1475243225312.png (649x460, 63K)

Attached: 1475241887501.png (553x504, 31K)

Attached: 1475238244606.png (633x1048, 152K)

Let this thread die like Battleborn

i hope randy dies
he is scum

Attached: 1473243787198.png (660x700, 73K)

Attached: 1472228731044.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

It's kinda shame, it probably was better than Overwatch. Randy deserves every shit he gets though.

Attached: 1466891167026.jpg (800x637, 175K)

Attached: 1458076845121.jpg (622x648, 277K)

>got drunk and bought it for 5$ on steam when it went on sale, before it went f2p or whatever
>45 minutes waiting for a match

still. to this day. the only game I have ever refunded. it was a fine game. just didnt have the momentum behind it.

>the game died in just a month and closed a studio in less than a year

There's a game called Culling 2 that managed to flop even harder than that.

youtube.com/watch?v=rrmRfi-4Exs

Attached: 1395243787191.jpg (864x1452, 925K)

Holy shit, could you make it any more obvious that you're not from here?

Attached: 1442546841501.png (767x411, 133K)

>Game would still be alive if it didn't have retards like Randy Pitchford and Anthony Burch in close proximity
>Any bits of good are buried in a pile of shitty choices that make absolutely no sense
>Feels like the game was barely focus tested
>Literally could have told Randy to shut the fuck up and stay off twitter, polish the game for a few more months before releasing it

Attached: 1536555321607.png (466x486, 81K)

Attached: holdthefuckup.jpg (400x384, 30K)

risk of rain 2 has the same jumbled UI desu

it gets a free pass because meme game

>>Feels like the game was barely focus tested
Focus testing is the bane of creativity.

Wait a minute. Isn't Randy right, here?

risk of rain doesn't have weapons that take up a third of your screen. Definitely not a free pass relative to Battleborn

Attached: 1382088524540.jpg (834x566, 228K)

Attached: 1375243787198.jpg (1438x1243, 132K)

Attached: 1486786655558.jpg (634x1271, 505K)

Attached: 1484754205235.jpg (627x750, 295K)

Attached: 1484755760166.jpg (615x712, 121K)

Attached: 1484754205234.jpg (731x583, 65K)

I remember reading some stuff about it in GameInformer when I was a kid and thinking it sounded cool.

>It's already been 3 years since Battleborn came out

It feels like it was only a short while ago when I saw Yea Forums mock it when it was new.

>when I was a kid
this was like three years ago

Attached: 1442351905376.gif (458x438, 103K)

Yeah he was 12 then and now he's 15

Attached: 1484754205233.jpg (554x494, 90K)

Attached: 1484754205232.jpg (1024x990, 155K)

Isn't Randy the CEO of Gearbox? Why is he even replying to shitposters on Twitter?

I meant a preview from like 2013-ish.

Attached: 1484754205231.png (1000x1000, 1.92M)

>tfw I was already 21 back in 2013

My birthday was 9/11/2000, so my age coincides with the current year minus one. I was in middle school then (which is all I remember, I got the magazine from the school library), so it had to be like 2012-2013.

Tl;Dr Time flies, man.

this animation is terribly done

I can respect it. As someone who posts on Yea Forums, sometimes I wish I could argue with entire legions of people at once

It just seems weird that he's actually getting butthurt enough about "LEL YOUR GAME SUCKS" Twitter posts to actually reply back to them.

What the fuck am I looking at

>My birthday was 9/11/2000

I am way too old for Yea Forums at this point. I was born in 1992.

>Everything else about the game is fine sans the balance and UI which can easily be fixed, characters look fine in concept art and other materials including the tapper game, intro animation, cutscenes and the comic have proper proportions and are simplified without too many useless design quirks
>In game models look like rob liefeld rejects with terrible proportions, females have terrible faces, are ruined despite them being pure fetish fuel
>Randy tries to write it off as progressive for having genuinely bad designs
>Possibly ruined their designs on purpose for SJW brownie points from twitter

Attached: 1547650270026.png (366x401, 69K)

What exactly did he do to the game? Never really bother to research about the whole fiasco with this game. Was he really the reason the game failed?

Attached: 1553032818091.gif (300x300, 2.13M)

i have the game on my shelf after buying it for like 2 bucks and i just don't feel like playing it ever

>Dead game from release
>Released on a dead console
Was there any surprise?

Randy has a penchant for being both a smug asshole AND a complete fuckup, he seems like a skeezy uncle or a used car salesman with a layer of grease around him, cannot stop using Twitter for his life, Also tries to be WOKE but even messes that up, he's always getting into some new shit every week which is why there's so many screencaps of what he does.
Randy I know you're in this thread, you copied some of the shit I posted from the last thread a few months ago defending Battleborn and put it in this thread, just used different reaction images, try to listen and fix the goddamn game for once instead of shilling on a Icelandic woodcarving imageboard PLEASE

Attached: 1556247909664.png (693x413, 260K)

Enough to make them smash open the "Borderlands 3" box.

I think gearbox is shutting the servers down soon. You can't buy the game on steam anymore and neither the free trial.

I feel bad for the 30 players that are still playing.

Attached: jet.jpg (1077x742, 71K)

>the samurai dude slowly walking towards the bad guys, being able to see which bullets will hit him and deflecting them before completely fucking everybody in seconds
Man I love campy anime shit like this so much

It's alright. Goes on way too long.

>implying it has ever been remembered in the first place

Attached: holdthefuckup.jpg (1920x1080, 146K)

>Implying Yea Forums is all contrarians
>Implying Overwatch was reddit at launch when all we knew about most characters was literally nothing but how to play em
>Using "being reddit" as a benchmark as if it was an actual thing
>Yet YOU nigger faggots HERE ate that shit up
Randy stop you are terrible at pretending to be an user, literally everything you say can be dissasembled and it all screams newfag.

The real answer is it was announced before Overwatch and the release date was also announced before the release date of Overwatch

spider loli is the only decent thing to come from this

There was no animal abuse in that video

It was just a bad game with even worse market awareness
Just like most other """"woke"""" games it failed because it was bad not because it was woke

I haven't. Need to cover this before it shuts down, with the 60FPS mode and all on consoles

because he tries too wayyyyyy hard to play heel, and it just comes off as autistic

>Implying Randy Pitchford is capable of taking advice
I mean, you know what he's like, do you really expect him to listen to people?