Haha, it would be so lame if they made the Arch Vile just a boss fight, right guys? I mean...

Haha, it would be so lame if they made the Arch Vile just a boss fight, right guys? I mean, there's no way they would ever do something so stupid.

Attached: doometernal.png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WXATFeYNm_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>revenat lost his homing rockets in 2016
>mancubus doesn't shoot two huge fireballs at the same time
>pain elemental might as well be a cacodemon with splash damage projectiles disguised as lost souls
>no lasting corpses

But the glory kills make it so BRUTAL!!1!!!! RIP & TEAR

xD

Doom 4 is unironically the worst game in the series, at least Doom 3 was atmospheric

Only good thing about Doom 3 was getting it to run on my old-ass VooDoo 2s.

doom 3 was even worse with enemies
i can't remember a single "new" enemy with something unique besides maybe the teleporting bug freak and a chainsaw guy

>i hate things the thread
Yea Forums

nu-Doom can't stop sniffing it's own farts over how "badass" it thinks it is. Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 were atmospheric and had actual religious themes. Hell meant something.

You don't remember the creepy as hell robo babies?

what was their gameplay role?

seethe

Being annoying and creepy.

Brutal Doom and Project Brutality are better than Doom 3

Better than anything made by Randy Pitchford the animal abuser

I agree with you, actually. I'm just highlighting how shitty Doom 4 is.
Writing seething/any variation of it doesn't immediately win the argument, fag.

>muh cute kitty cats and puppy dogs
You abuse animals every day if you eat like the average American. Kill yourself.

Attached: gulag.jpg (1000x500, 130K)

They wont do this, since doom 3, almost every classic enemy has a cinematic entrance, just to procede to get killed with 2 or 3 shotguns shots.
Them, they appears every map.

>Oh wow another room full of barrels
Yep that's definitely what everyone thinks of when they think of hell.
>Oh no! It's a hand shaped map made out of a single texture
Yep that is definitely an accurate depiction of christian hell
Come on man, don't give me that bullshit.

I tried to like Dume, I really did, but it felt more like Serious Sam to me. All arena spawned hordes. The movespeed felt too sloe and the super shotgun isn't a bread and butter OP demonbuster. All in all, it's not Doom.

but they're chickens, its ok to eat them

Doom was never christian hell, it was the warp in warhammer 40k, or similar to it anyway

> Haha look a cat an a crab are fighting thats fun
>YOU FGUCKING MONSTER HOW COULD YOU
Thats just silly

that's what chinks think too, haven't you ever thought that Maybe it is normal for them to do so?

You ruined my Event Horizon thread, you're ruining my Doom thread. Kill yourself. Not everything is connected to fucking Warhammer 40k, you fucking idiot. It is Christian Hell, there is Christian symbolism all over the place. Inverted crosses, references to Babylon. Shut the fuck up.

>Get sucked into the warp
>It's a room full of barrels
woah...

Kill yourself, vegan faggot.

I mean yeah Event Horizon is clearly based on Dead Space.

>implying Khorne doesn't stock tons of explosive barrels for more mayhem

Christianity was in warhammer 40k though, the Emperor abolished it.

Yea Forums is such a high IQ board

I thought that guy was supposed to be theeeeeuuuuhhhhh invasion guy? That they mentioned?

Like, the new expansion or whatever was going to introduce a way for other players to invade your game ala Dark Souls style and they'd appear to you as that fucker in OP's pic with a set of unique Demon Abilities and Weapons. PvP n' so forth.

Or am I just completely and utterly mistaken?

>Like, the new expansion or whatever was going to introduce a way for other players to invade your game
Why does Doom need this? Who wanted this? I just want a fun singleplayer FPS.

>hating doom 4
Holy shit user, that's a horrible taste

Why do you love it so much? Do you understand why I give it shit for having no real atmosphere and being hypocritical in being "old school" while having a plethora of unskippable first person cutscenes and slow walking segments?

Meh, both the reboot and this sequel look like Saturday morning cartoons compared to Doom 3 and the originals.
Brutal doom did more to revamp the franchise than a multi million dollar project made by a bunch of autists.

>plethora of cutscenes and slow walking
confirmed for never played it has one slow bit now fuck off and learn to stop parroting what Yea Forums tells you to think to meme and fit in like a good little npc.

Project Brutality is even better

youtube.com/watch?v=WXATFeYNm_0

I liked D44M for what it was and I'm even okay with the fights being more arena focused but yeah the two big problems are.

1. No reason to prioritize any enemy over another. You just bounce around the levels and fire at what's in your face at any given moment. Your mobility, while fun means enemies are mostly just levels of damage.

2. Bad ammo management. You just waste ammo until you run low and then hit something with a chainsaw to get it back. No reason to think about why you're using something or plan ahead for future fights. The moment to moment gameplay isn't something you consider in terms of how it will set you up to succeed through the whole level and even a whole episode.

If they can fix those issues Eternal will be a lot more engaging as a complete experience rather than purely jumping around and shooting in the moment. My money says they're mainly going to work on more movement options. Which is cool, but could potentially exacerbate the problems the current design has.

>confirmed for never played it
What would you call the segments where you press f to do a thing, movement's taken away from you for a few seconds while Hayden or Olivia Pierce talks ominously to you? What would you call the glory kills? Tiny cutscenes that serve only to take control away from you and be "badass".

> at least Doom 3 was atmospheric
go play silent hill, fucktard

>Camera zooms on new enemy for 2 seconds
>plethora of cutscenes and slow walking

>y-you just didn't play it
Bravo

You are comparing apples to oranges. I love Silent Hill, Doom 3 was atmospheric in a way I would want a Doom game to be.

>game with a heavy focus on exploration
>you're able to beat levels without even killing anything
>tons of ambient music
>because of one single panel from a shitty comic all of this has been thrown out of the window in favor of going in a straight line and shooting things while constantly stopping to watch an animation of your character killing something

>stopping to watch an animation of your character killing something
That is EXACTLY what "glory kills" are. Press F to be badass. Why can't the rest of Yea Forums see this?

shut the fuck up faggot

Some more of Yea Forums's top tier debating skills I see.

Because people like to feel badass when playing games? If anything more games need a press F to be badass mechanic. Like Borderlands for instance.

more like evil dead meets alien meets heavy metal meets dnd
don't forget sandy peterson being a mormon who loved lovecraft
classic doom hell has a variety of colorfull textures and shit because hell was an abstract combination of different elements
later games simplified hell to the point doom 4 was peak nothing
>but it has lore, so it's more interesting
like demons being partially created by the uac

You should be badass through becoming good at playing the game, not by pressing a button to have control taken away from you for a few seconds while the game automatically goes through a premade animation with a couple variations, if that.

Ok explain then how I can do those fatalities to demons manually then without having it be a premade animation. Look at fatalities in MK, those are premade and people LOVE those. You can't have context sensitive shit like "tear off imp's face, ram blade through imp's dick, ram blade through imp's eyes, tear off head and throw on ground, throw at enemy, etc"

>Brutal doom did more to revamp the franchise than a multi million dollar project made by a bunch of autists.
why is this mod so forced?
there are better standards for what doom modding is like, some people even did a better job at making sprites for the missing doom 64 monsters
for fuck's sake, mark can't even into coding or balance
he doesn't even has that many mods in his "career" compared to nobodies because he refuses to be creative

like someone once said
old doom enemies = obstacles
new doom enemies = points

>Look at fatalities in MK, those are premade and people LOVE those
You do those after you've already won the fight, it's basically rubbing it in the other persons face. In nu-Doom, you're constantly doing glory kills to regain health. They get old fast.

you mean like score points?

On the other hand the imps got a 200 iq raise

>All arena spawned hordes.
That's what bothers me the most. I really don't like that style of FPS.

you sound like one of them niggers who hates on things just coz its good
go play with your doki-doki-oki-poki kid, doom eternal isnt for your nitpicking ass

you do glory kills to rub it in hell's face and make the other demons fear you

IF MY CONTROL OF THE CHARACTER IS TAKEN AWAY FOR EVEN 1/4TH OF A SECOND THEN THE GAME IS SHIT. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO WALK AROUND THE INSTANT I BOOT UP THE GAME. I WANNA BE MOVING AROUND SHOOTING THINGS DURING THE CREDITS. AND YOU BETTER BELIEVE I NEED TO BE IN COMPLETE CONTROL DURING LOAD SCREENS!!!!!

>why is this mod so forced?
Because it's good, pure and simple.
It's the old formula updated with new stuff like more gore and weapons. Personally, I don't care for all the changes and I don't think they're all good, but as a whole, that mod is what CS was for HL.
It brought the game back into mainstream and pretty much made a whole genre out of it.
As for the guy who made it, be him a hacker pro or a nub, he still did a good job and did more for the franchise than a full blown sequel with unlimited budget. I guess the people behind the reboot had censor themselves or respect some bullshit requests by (((shareholders))).

more like a collectathon
old doom monsters are tied into the level design to the point you could simulate nudoom's movement mobility for them with teleporters
they're kinda tools for levels in the same manner as the bullet bills and piranha plants from mario
nudoom, with its enemy limit, lack of certain abilities and arena lockdowns, wants you to move around and shoot them until the arena stage is over
enemies in old doom are different enough that you interact them in different manners to the point hitscanners and archies inforce hiding behind shit
you interact with nudoom monsters in almost the same way except maybe the pinky

Bet these fags loved half life 2 for letting you move around and hit npcs with shit during cutscenes lmao

but only a few features in the mod are even unique and not done before and some of them aren't that well executed
the mod got worse over time because it never had that much of an idea but the creator refuses to move into a different project
if anything, brutal doom created the flanderized identity that nudoom thinks doom is about
popularizing an already important game doesn't mean shit if you lie about its identity
then again, 7th was a period where game design wasn't a thing, so people really did forget the cyberdemon doesn't just die with 7 fucking rockets

For real, they're trying so fucking hard to look like cool boomers but they're missing the point. You have to make small allowances for things like that.

For instance, in older games typically when you'd activate something, at most you'd just get a lever now being in the opposite position, or a button would light up, because animating your character's arm interacting with the thing in question would be a waste of time and resources. Nowadays you very often will see the full action involved with interacting with things, unless you're just picking loot up off the floor or something. And this is fine! There's nothing wrong with showing the character doing something instead of just displaying the end result. If all those moments where you pulled the USB card out of the front of those dead elite guys, or crunched the ball of hell energy in your hand, had instead just been instant-result situations with no animation, and it just gives you the "point" and takes you to the upgrade screen, then it'd really lose a lot of personality.

>Why does Perfect Dark need Counter Operative? Who wanted this? I just want a fun singleplayer FPS.

Idk man, the one that I played was pretty much vanilla doom 2 with more blood and guts and better sounding weapons.
And I liked it so much, I didn't even buy the reboot until last year, when it was on sale.
As for the whole "identity" thing, I agree. The older games had a mix of dread and power woven into them, with an awesome soundtrack.
The new one is just 'totally not a Halo clone you guys' with a shitty dubstep overlay.
And I really hate the aesthetic of the demons, I can't emphasize enough how much I dislike that shit.
Looks like a Pixar cartoon.

>1/4TH OF A SECOND
Try 4 seconds.

>And I really hate the aesthetic of the demons, I can't emphasize enough how much I dislike that shit.
the worst part is they all have some sort of shell attached to them, like they can't think of a better design element to add on them
the pinky at least had a gameplay gimmick about it
at least the older looks give you the idea of a bigger biodiversity besides the hellknight and the former humans maybe
everything tried to be unique enough that the archvile did in fact looked like an alien with mouth tubes
hell in doom worked because its demons and locations meant you could do a lot with it
so when you turn it with floating rocks hell and shell demons with cybernetic ones not being from hell itself, you're technically lowering hell's strenght

>Using meaningless journalistic buzzwords like “atmospheric” to describe product

That’s how I know you have a double digit IQ

Not only that, but there was hardly any in-fighting between them. The only ones that got attacked by other demons were those stick-figured zombies that have like 1 hp.
I understand the need to make the doom guy the most badass video game character, but by putting him against these Pixar demons, he comes off as a joke.
>so when you turn it with floating rocks hell and shell demons with cybernetic ones not being from hell itself, you're technically lowering hell's strenght
Not only hell's, but the player's too.
The new game makes one step in the right direction, and then 5 steps backwards with every area playing in the same way and being 'locked down' until you kill everything.
It's like doom for children under 12.

I was being facetious for comedy's sake, though you thinking that making that clarification proves anything is much funnier than my post.