Wins by using a cheatbox

>wins by using a cheatbox
heh nothing personnel kiddo

Attached: daigoumejuarez.jpg (1710x900, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MwRRiR0ezBY?t=67
thegamer.com/daigo-hitbox-controller-capcom-street-fighter-v-tournament-banned/
youtu.be/EV1UBe7sHiU?t=281
twitter.com/therealthumbpro/status/1077936048230023173
youtube.com/watch?v=z_UKI8pIU1w
youtube.com/watch?v=JUu_tysoB70
youtube.com/watch?v=_MX_-42Twl4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

quick rundown?

It's been years since Hitbox had that exploit, it's time to move on.

That this strike video will never not be gold and has probably sold more fightsticks than anyone could hope for.

/thread

Daigo starts using his own version of pic related.
Shows how unfair it is compared to regular controllers on his streams. Capcom bans it from it's tournaments. Cheatbox babies still pretend that it doesn't give you an advantage even after tons of proof.

top fighting game player notices that other players are using a fightstick that is milliseconds better than regular fightsticks and wants in on the action
he wins like he usually does and suddenly EVERYONE wants in on the action, causing tourneys to ban it

>fgc boomers can't adapt to new technology

>game itself isn't adapted to it
>just git gud lmao

>make actually convenient controller
>retards who learned stupid sticks butthurted
>pls ban!!!
Lmao

>game itself isn't adapted to it
What are you even talking about? The only problem with hitbox was when in MvC you could block in both direction but that was fixed years ago. Literally no other game has this problem, Hitbox is nothing more than a keyboard but with arcade buttons.

>lets ban a better way to play games to play a shit game in peace

Wasn't it just a specific type of hitbox, and not hitboxes in general?

>Cheatbox
You obviously didn’t watch the numerous streams where he struggled to learn how to use it. He got good, so shut up fag.

Isn't hitbox ridiculously good in tekken also?

>gets infinite charge on guile
>mashes a button to do korean backdash in tekken
No problems goy, just keep practicing on your inferior controller so I can win more tournaments easily.

Why do fightan autists want everything better banned?

Either get good enough to overcome youe opponent's advantage or buy the fucking box

Daigo doesn't use a normal model Hitbox, OP. He uses a modded cheat box monstrosity with like 5 extra buttons that he uses for macros.
Hitbox does have its advantages, of course, but it's far from being a weirdo cheating device.

>waahh wahhh it's not fair, it's not fair!
the FCG are a bunch of whinny children

Attached: 1468257734120.png (485x269, 196K)

>runs an aimbot from his mouse memory on LAN
>waah waah it's not fair!
The FPS community are a bunch of whiny children

tournament sponsors don't want to be paying to advertise a product they don't profit from

>>wins by using a cheatbox
>playing fighting games
>cheating in fighting games is worse.
Your head will fly.

Yea Forums really does suck at analogies.

>b-b-but you can't do 360s on a hitbox!!!
Thank goodness only retards play grapplers then.

Its good everywhere

>implying you even participate in tournaments
I'll rape you online tho, scrub.

>wins

At least it wasn't a food analogy

They will now ban official hitbox lmao

All it took was for a top player to switch to it

>gets infinite charge on guile
Sounds like a game problem? If there's such exploit you may as well just ban all PC players with keyboards.
>mashes a button to do korean backdash in tekken
Oh lol, that retarded gimmicky technique is now actually easy! What's wrong with this one again?

>>gets infinite charge on guile
Any footage of this? Daiguile with infinite charge sounds like a fun time for everyone involved.

>you can't do 360s on a hitbox!!!
AHEM

Attached: True Standing 720s.webm (1280x720, 359K)

it is cheating

even on a stick or PAD you have to physically move back to forward. the input takes time.

with a cheatbox you can instantly boom and instantly go back to charging. also you can hold back and forward at the same time. impossible on stick/pad.

>you can hold back and forward at the same time
And it'll result in neutral, dumdum.

still, on a stick you have to hold back, forward + punch, then hold back.

on cheatbox you just hold back, forward punch, and instantly hold back with zero movement/frames lost.

1) You don't know what a SOCD Cleaner is;
2) You can actually do that on a pad, by using both the d-pad AND the analog stick.

it's less frames wasted than even a pad, it's basically cheating

>dumdum
why are castrated bloggers even posting on this site?

So? Why not just add more recovery to compensate if this is such a big problem?
It sounds more like stupid gooks made game for their gimmicky arcade controllers and didn't think about anyone else. If anything, it's their fault.

How is this cheating if game allows this? What if you had superhuman speed and can move your stick just as fast? Would that be a cheating too?

i'd like to see everyone on stick but then pad players would bitch.

>game allows this
It's a bug exploit, the real system isn't supposed to handle opposite directions at the same time so it's not programmed properly.

That's like saying using keyboard and mouse in an FPS is cheating.

It's not my fault I have four hands...

that's the standard. hitbox is almost like using macros. it gives players an edge (save frames)

It works the same way in SF4

>It's a bug
Then just fix the bug?

Shit, what is that, insane fucking plinking?

Nope, you use the analog stick and dpad to do it on the pad

You can't hold opposite direction in the same time, retard.

sounds like an issue with the game.

It only allows you to play to your highest capability

youtu.be/MwRRiR0ezBY?t=67
Just look at this shit

> fg autists spout their bs about sticks being superior
> one pro shows the advantage of separate directional inputs, even with LR and UD disabled
> REEE UNFAIR

Attached: HcNTiSq.png (1024x576, 424K)

superior is different from glitchy

the point you retards miss is not that it makes some things easier to do but that the programmers never considered the player could do certain actions so they never programmed the game to deal with it.

>Mindlessly grind away for hours
>Bend over backwards to take it up the ass and pay for online instead of just migrating as a whole to PC
>Launch into screeching and crying when something challenges the established rule instead of adapting
FGCucks

Honestly if the developers of a game never intended for the game to be played in a certain way, and that way is only attainable by means of external third-party hardware, I don't see how it's not cheating.

>hey guys, hitbox is a good controller
>LMAO IT'S SHIT! IF IT'S SO GOOD WHY NO TOP PLAYERS USE IT?
>top player starts using hitbox
>WTF IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD! WHY DID I BOUGHT INFERIOR CONTROLLER FOR 500$?! BAN!! IT'S CHEATING!!!
FGC is retarded.

Pretty much any fighting game currently played in tournaments has been developed while hitboxes (and fucking keyboards) have already been around. It's the developers fault.

That's just typical human bias, or why "everyone is stupid", since so many people live their lives with this level of critical thinking.

huh, i played fighting games with a keyboard since forever.

Fucking cheater.

That's like saying they should design fencing swords knowing the competitors could just bring guns to the exhibitions.

stick: soul
hitbox: souless

Attached: 7ef.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>Ban hitbox
>People start showing up with keyboards that have buttons ripped out
Sasuga

yeah the devs are retarded since most of this games release also on pc and they know it.

still if the devs did not wanted some things to happen while programming the game they shouldn't happen. either by fixing the game or banning the tools.
there are keyboards that can be programmed with macros.
they work in starcraft but it's considered cheating. this is the same.

>brings a bat to a fist fight
>blame the organisers for not telling him beforehand after he's disqualified

>buy the fucking box

This, really.
If the "cheatbox" is better than a stiuck, then throw your stick in the trash and buy the box. It's clearly the superior way to play and best players use the best tools.

So how do you crossup a hitbox player?

>this is the same
How is this the same, you idiot? You do every input on hitbox, there's nothing programmed. If you allow different controllers like pads you have zero reason to ban hitbox. Fix your damn game first.

No, it's like banning swords with a slightly broader blade and lighter pommel when everyone thought those are shit until ot was proven to the contrary, even though you allow an incredibly varied field of swords already, some of whifh being clearly inferior.
Either you ban everything and restrict the game to DS4 only, or you allow everything that doesn't mess with the game outright. A hitbox is just a keyboard with better button placement.

>traditional sticks are proven to be objectively inferior input devices
>instead of everyone switching to the improved technology, the FGC bans it
Holy fuck this reads like a parody.

Like every other player. Holding L+R gives you a neutral.

>Capcom bans it from it's tournaments
Why keep repeating this lie? They said it was TO's decisions, and no TO bans them

>ban controller anyone can purchase
Sticks should be banned as well

Especially funny because the only reason is "muh arcade culture" when most of new players never even went to arcades.

Superior, according to existing rules l+r and u+d were disabled. The only advantage is the fast directional switch and stickfags are seething

The same as any other peripheral player because it's not a gafrobox

> fg autists spout their bs about sticks being superior
> one pro shows the advantage of separate directional inputs, even with LR and UD disabled
>There it is no issue and normal hitboxes stay legal
>WHAT THE FUCK Yea ForumsROS WE NEED THIS BANNED NOW!

>buy a high quality fight stick to get an edge over the competiton goy, this is totally legit!
>an even better input device?? oh nono that's cheating!

Hitboxes were only a cheat when you could hold opposite directions at once and have them both count. The new ones that neutral out are fine. It's a marginally better controller type but it doesn't cheat anything.

Gafroboxes are a straight up cheaterboxes though.

This sort of thing happens in a lot of sports that rely heavily on equipment.
The difference is that the rules for what is allowed are usually very clear instead of just banning some specific thing that's too good.

>the FGC bans it
Where? When?

Attached: 1541661516364.png (620x446, 60K)

Things obviously have to change over time as the picture develops and observed (look at something like Smash that still talk about changing rules and whatnot 20 years later). Devs can't take the 0.000001% of tournament players using a Hitbox into consideration right away when making a game.

I'm more just wondering why people are just seeing this now, it's not like Hitboxes is a new thing.

There is no real advantage with stick/controller. Pretty sure someone like Smug plays using the analog stick on a 360 pad like a maniac.

>uses steroids from his coach on the Olympics
>waah waah it's not fair! dont take away my gold

Do you play smash by any chance?

>Gafrobox
What's that and what's the difference?

>backdash canceling
>gimmicky
lol
i don't care if people use hitboxes but kbd is literally essential to playing tekken at any level above average. all the real gimmicks in tekken and you think canceling backdashes to make them safer and faster is a gimmick when the whole game revolves around dashing?

What a retarded analogy.

I get the feeling this whole spam is just some butthurt smashfag. Capcom never banned the hitbox, and if you talk to anyone in the FGC the whole hitbox does things better conversation is a non-issue.

But suddenly people here start using the same language that was used to ban the smashbox for a while.

nothing really, daigo simply had a custom hitbox with 3 UP buttons and 2 left and right buttons. He hasnt developed dexterity on his left hand so having extra buttons for his right hand lets him plink a 1frame,0frame flash kick whenever he wants.

So, what's wrong with easier kbd again? If it's so essential to the game it should be easy to do, right?

Attached: TTT2 Just Frames.webm (640x360, 1.25M)

t. hitbox apologist

Which is what devs actually do, such as making opposite button presses either choose one direction or making it neutral. The latter being the preferred option. The rest is fair game, which is why they are still legal. If people want to develop tricks to make stuff easier then that is just part of the game. A problem would only arise if they allowed something that destroys some aspect of the game like blocking both ways.

t. brainlet

Just a bunch of idiots who don't actually play fighting games and/or have never used a hitbox. Its the same mentality new pad players have when they lose to someone on stick.

huh? you're retarded i literally said in my post i don't care if people use hitbox you actual neanderthal. stupid motherfucker open your eyes not everyone on this website is the same person

It's literally cheating.

To achieve the same thing on pad you have to get used to a very awkward way to hold it and all the muscle strain that comes with it.

It is not the matter of how it reads, its the layout itself.

Doing what you can do with hitbox on pad require a weird and uncomfortable way to hold.

Its simply not as easy as the vid make it out to be. doing the same thing on pad is much more difficult due to its awkward layout compared to the ease of use the hitbox provides.

Keyboard have input lag with the adapter.

Sure you can perform that specific action just as good if you just claw grip, but claw grip also takes away other action from being performed well.

The argument is flawed and should not be used to justify the legality of hitbox against the ban.

It is not an apple to apple argument and should not be made.

Told a kid at my local that he was trash for using hitbox because he lost to someone despite doing unreal instant while running moves left and right. One night he asked me to play and I straight up told him that I didn’t want to play him so if it was his turn on the rotation I’d get up and leave. I feel bad because my friends would all laugh when it happened and say “hey borrow my stick and he will stay on the setup “

He eventually stopped coming. Having one less person in my scene is more valuable than having one who uses a fucking hitbox

Then don't play on pad or stick.

So you just got triggered by one word related to your stupid game and unrelated to the thread entirely? What a buffon.

Don't play on hitbox since it is not allowed and is cheating.

it's the same because in both cases the game is receiving inputs the devs did not consider it could receive so it's behaving in ways the devs did not intent to.

what's so hard to understand?

OHNONONONONO AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

>it's actually comfortable now so it's cheating!

Attached: 1542048790918.png (736x673, 466K)

why does he hit the inputs so hard and why does move his hand away from the box after he is done?

This is what will eventually happen if more pros start using the hitbox. But for the average Joe, is it really important to cheat on a game you are supposed to have fun with? And even if you a some trihard tourney fag, there's always the problem that it can possibly get banned.

But the way things are, people will adapt to the hitbox sooner or lather.

Attached: 1548386303097.png (464x429, 179K)

>improved technology

yeah because being able to hold back while moving forward is improvement and not a glitch

It's literally not cheating because it is not against the rules. Claiming that using a hbox is cheating is like claiming wearing shoes is cheating in regular sports.

are you retarded? who plays fighting games on pad but doesn't hold it like this?
put the pad on your thigh and use your index and middle finger for the face buttons, use the dpad like normally. lets you press all your buttons asap without stretching your thumb like some autist and you don't have to use binds to press 1+2 or 2+3 etc.

Attached: 2825584-fight pad grip.jpg (320x320, 17K)

>the devs did not consider
What? Devs didn't know you can press L and R quickly? Game even has a PC version where default controller a keyboard so it's entirely devs fault and not same as macro.

Attached: 1558737217001.webm (1280x720, 655K)

>literally gets banned
>i-it's not against the rules!
lmao

It's not cheating, it's just an improvement to the game
Hitbox should just become the new standard fightan controller since it's clearly the superior way to play

Hitbox is basically the KB+M of the fighting game community, and just like usual, gamepad babies don't want to admit that their controller is shit

Sure you can perform that specific action just as good if you just claw grip, but claw grip also takes away other action from being performed well.

>literally gets banned
I didn't know that. It's cheating then.

BAN PAD!!!

So be sure to buy 20 of them before they get banned!

Dont let others outcheat you!

Which is much more difficult to do compared to ease of access hitbox provided.

Still not an apple to apple argument and should not be made.

You can fire sonic booms while blocking, or charge sonic booms while walking forwards.

There's two things, first money, there's a metric fuckton of stick makers sponsoring FGC tournaments and they don't want to be phased out by a better product and there's also stick players feeling threatened by it since they feel like they won't have the controller advantage anymore like they had against pads.

>it's the devs fault so i guess we will keep a broken game

what difference does it make whos fault it is?
if i found a glitch to have no recoil in counter strike will you argue to not ban the use of the glitch because it's the devs fault?

half-circle is much harder to input quickly
Geese is almost unplayable

Other than that it's better.

>Sure you can perform that specific action just as good
So pads are cheating? Guess you have to ban pad players now. Or we're in the weird territory when you can balance cheats with downsides? What's next, I'm allowed to hack my health for 200% but I can only use one hand to compensate for my cheat?

>keyboard is cheating
big ooferooni there e-cancer faggo

I would argue for the devs to fix their shit

A games as a service game

I know shit about fighting games, but even I know this shit shouldn't be allowed in tournament play. that's a clear advantage over someone using a traditional stick/pad.

are you arguing that's not a glitch?

why is the fgc community so retarded?
did capcom when programming the game wanted the player to be able to hold back while moving forward?

yes --> not a glitch
no--> glitch

Attached: 1540212300452.png (960x675, 826K)

>that's a clear advantage over someone using a traditional stick/pad
yes, and?

Yeah, saw that input this past weekend. You slide your finger across the three direction buttons up top ( right, down, left) then slap the buttons for up and punch at the same time. You can do it stupid fast on that damn box.

We had this discussion before. It is unfair to do that on the pad as well, the only way to make things even is if pad players can decide where to put their diagonal inputs AS well as the stick players.

Stop trying to be retarded user.

Attached: fair.png (764x554, 91K)

You know what, I actually kinda agree. When you see neural networks beat players in certain games, it's not because of their tactics or whatever, but because the can input way more way faster. In SC2 for example, when players sent banelings, units that explode in an aoe after touching an enemy, the AI just perfectly split it's units to sacrafice the least amount possible.
I wouldn't say it's like an aimbot in an fps tournament, but rather something lije an eye tracker as a mouse. The skill should come from your ability to aim, not from your ability to just look at the enemy

if vidya wants to be considered a sport, they need to abide by the rules of fair play. allowing someone an advantage over other players is bad sportsmanship.

Attached: corked-cst.jpg (612x573, 111K)

It is weird to see Yea Forums so angry about something that was decided upon in the FGC close to a decade ago now.

Hitbox gives you advantages, SOCD in the controller and in the games stop anything super broken. Thus they've never stopped being legal. Daigo went oh these are really good, Capcom went oh really well tournaments can decide if they are legal. Then no one banned them.

Attached: 1532076149260.jpg (1050x1050, 107K)

Anyone can go and buy a Hitbox. It's fair.

>casuals are now going to think they will get good once they buy a hitbox

Attached: 1501955174792.jpg (568x479, 46K)

How am I retarded? You said hitbox is cheating because you can do this stuff and therefore it should be banned but pad which can do same stuff is actually ok? So, that wasn't cheating after all? The terminology should be strict and clear here. If you call hitbox cheating then you should count pads as cheating as well. If hitbox is simply faster and FGC cries it's unfair - this is a very different statement.

i don't even play a charge character, i don't care how fast someone can sonicboom because i don't play fighting games expecting to win based on the other person not being able to execute things. who cares if they can charge while walking? just forces me to play differently. part of the fun of fighting games is outsmarting your opponent and overcoming whatever challengy gimmicky bullshit they try to throw at you. if you get upset because your opponent is simply more efficient than he would be otherwise you're a salty scrub and should practice more. if you can't adapt you shouldn't play fighting games

They'll be definitely better than on stick or pad tho? Hitbox is simply more comfortable and easy to understand.

>who cares if your opponent is cheating
>just get better lol
epic argument

>allowing someone an advantage over other players
Any player can obtain a hitbox, and it doesn't instantly boost their chance at success. This is not just like swapping one controller out for the other and they instantly do more damage. To take advantage of what a hitbox offers you actually need to learn how to use it.

keyboards also have it anyway, and only the modded one is an actual cheat anyway

it's allowed though so how is it cheating? what rules is it breaking? oh, none. lol see you on scrubquotes

Are people ITT seriously trying to argue that separated d-pads are cheating?

Attached: 617jLYKWctL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1192, 102K)

Just scroll the thread dummy.

Rubik's Cube autists embraced the advancement of technology. When magnets started getting put into cubes, allowing for more accuracy during turning, they weren't banned for being aim assist, they were embraced.

Now you can't find a big cube release that doesn't have a version that's magnetized by the factory, and any 3rd world poor can scrape together the money to self-magnetize their Little Magic.

Attached: cubing.jpg (700x467, 35K)

you too

not that user but
>anyone can cork a bat
>anyone can load a die
>anyone can buy steroids
>anyone can obtain a hitbox
all that matters is the event organizers policy and local law. personally, I think it should be allowed but none of us make the rules so its a useless argument

The issue is that the tournies make a lot of money from fightstick makers.
Instead of adapting just ban any improvements.

reminder that the only retards that hate on hitbox are the sfv faggots

>not banned, capcom says TOs can decide because they don't care
>TOs don't ban it either
yeah, like I said, which rules is it breaking? just close the tab moron it's not cheating just because it makes you salty lol

youtu.be/EV1UBe7sHiU?t=281

I skimmed the thread and I still don't know what this thing does
How is it better than a normal controller?
Not "lul its faster", but specifically what does it do?

It lets you perform actions that are impossible to do with other controllers unintended by the developers, thus it's cheating.

The bat and steriods are examples of make me better without changing how I do anything. Not the case with a hitbox, otherwise every hitbox player would be winning everything. We're actually only just starting to see some hitbox players do well. Loaded die is the equivalent of L+R blocking, which isn't possible.

False equivalencies.

use your brain, you can do it
think about the difference between a stick and buttons for directional movement. just think about it. can you press more than one button at a time? yes. can you move your stick in multiple directions at once? according to physics, no. get it now?

Jesus Christ analogy posts on Yea Forums should be banned on sight.
Bringing a Hitbox is not anywhere near equivalent to corking a bat or loading a die. That would be modifying your stick to execute macros or something like that, modifying a sanctioned piece of equipment to work in ways it shouldn't.
Bringing a hitbox is just bringing a different piece of equipment.

You can do it with the ps4 pad

Ok but WHY and HOW does it let you perform them
I'm asking about specifics

I don't play fighting games so I don't know why you'd want to walk in both directions at once

you can do it on pad dipshit

It puts left, right, up and down on 4 buttons. This allows you to play differently in some cases, though something like blocking both directions is stopped by the game and controller. But no event bans them cause no event considers it cheating.

lmao, SOCD being neutral is way better than the other way

hitbox is literally cheating

if you don't play fighting games why are you in this thread?
special moves in fighting games require directional inputs. some require you to hold one direction before you can do the move. well if you're holding one direction, you can't move your stick in other directions except the one you're holding. this is bad because sometimes you want to walk forward instead of hold back. not a problem with a hitbox or certain pad grips. you can't do both at the same time but you can do them practically instantly instead. you may exit now

I find it amusing that this gets banned but in Melee, a certain limited edition controller with a built-in glitch that allows instant dashback, not only is allowed, it's encouraged as you need it to compete. Goes to show how bias TO are when it comes to certain people and games.

Whether or not hitboxes are allowed is not up to us. Is it the exact equivalent of taking steroids or loading die? No. But all of these examples are banned for no reason other than they are deemed unfair by higher ups.

Its dumb to argue if its cheating or not because you don't get to decide, none of us do.

Wouldn't it be better to use improved input devices instead of artificial limitations?

that guy lied nobody has banned hitboxes stop being a gullible retard

>I find it amusing that this gets banned
It didn't. Also smash did ban the smashbox

>Which is much more difficult to do compared to ease of access hitbox provided

>practice until mastering it
>GUYS THATS CHEATING WAAAAAA

I'll give you a month

Except Hitbox has been around for years and was legal and is STILL legal for the vast majority of Tournaments.
Capcom just got cold feet because Daigo was the one who suddenly blew the whistle that they're just a little bit better then Stick.

>But all of these examples are banned for no reason other than they are deemed unfair by higher ups.
No those are banned for a quantifiable reason that aren't equivalent. They decide based on the evidence we all have, and because any issue brought up is either missinfo or not an equivalent level of a problem they stay legal.

see

>are you arguing that's not a glitch?

The FGC embraces glitches. Besides, the companies didn't say it was a glitch so you gotta assume it's intentional.

Whats the ergonomic reasoning for up/jump motion button in the very bottom of the hitbox?

for all the retards saying "you can do it on pad"
it's not the controller per se it's the inputs the game is receiving

It's more like buying a mouse with a better sensor.

Well lay your hand out flat and see where your fingers and thumb lie.

But these exist as well

Attached: 1537798051691.jpg (800x533, 34K)

I used a similar setup on a keyboard for 20+ years and could never figure why people always argued that you NEED a pad/stick to pull off the fighting moves and fightings are unplayable on KB, while I never had any problems aside from occasional diagonal inputs (that were fixed by getting a red switch keyboard).

>the companies didn't say it was a glitch so you gotta assume it's intentional.

companies don't want to admit they are shit at programming their games user.

anyway you can use something called reasoning and a brain to see if it's intentional.
did capcom wanted the player to be able to move forward and hold back at the same time?
if the answer is yes why that is not possible with the branded sticks they sell for the game? and all the arcades with their game they have in japan?

>Capcom can't do a basic SOCD check

Am I understanding this right? Keyboards exists, Joycons exists, various other split d-pad controllers have existed for decades. How are they still relying on the controller to enforce SOCD cleaning?

>if the answer is yes why that is not possible with the branded sticks they sell for the game? and all the arcades with their game they have in japan?

Maybe it is possible but no one is good enough to do it yet?

What? Is that true?

They are doing it to how they intend. If you hold both L+R in SF4 and SF5, it inputs forward.

So it does do a SOCD check. It is just that capcom doesn't believe in the L+R=neutral meme

Because FG players are brainlets.

Will Low Tier God win with hitbox?

>maybe it's possible for a human to walk in two opposite directions simultaneously but noone's good enough to do it yet

Attached: 1509017158653.png (645x729, 50K)

yeah probably because in this reality an object can't be in two different positions simultaneously

How do you know the game isn't coded based on Lovecraftian physics?

real shit

Attached: 1526063335813.jpg (800x800, 152K)

I miss Ultra.

Attached: mj.gif (320x240, 856K)

flatearthers won again

Hitbox uses buttons in place of a stick to control a character, similar to keyboard
They have existed for a decade
Suddenly, hitbox is considered really good and everyone wants to ban them

I would really want to have a custom stick where buttons (for attacking) would be buttons, but stick replaced with dpad.

>lol idiot why are you using a pad? buy a $200 stick fucking scrub
>What? Buttons? FUCKING BAN IT I DON’T WANT TO BUY AND ADAPT TO SOMETHING NEW

>but stick replaced with dpad
*stick; I meant that analog... stuff
Fuck, english is not my native language and I'm bad at explaining, but you get the picture. I hope.

twitter.com/therealthumbpro/status/1077936048230023173

Holy shit, it exists! That's exactly what I want.
Thanks for the link, user!

>encouraging p2w
oink oink cash piggy

Because they're sanwa buttons and those are very sensitive to touch.

only with the type of hitbox that has been banned forever, current hitboxes cant do it.

And yet despite being out for a few years I don't think a single hitbox user has placed even top eight on any game.

SOUNDS REALLY broken.

>Yea Forumsappa acting like hitboxes are a new thing
you niggers really don't go to any events or locals. A decent amount of people use one although most players I've played that used one are pretty bad.

Attached: 1529858165098.jpg (1920x1080, 354K)

If first-person shooter would have started on consoles or arcades, then we would never move past tank controls.
Using a mouse would be considered an unfair advantage and banned.

>people that cheat are usually bad at the game
you don't say

youtube.com/watch?v=z_UKI8pIU1w

Wavedash was always stupid.

IMO Using any non standard controller/mouse&keyboard is basically cheating anyway

Who cares of this one is easier to cheat with all of them give an unfair advantage.

It's not just any other pro
It's fucking Daigo Umehara
This would be the equivalent of Jordan trying to learn jank techniques and succeed using it

the Faggot Game Community is just mad arcade sticks are once again proven to be outdated trash.
they complained about normal crontrollers tricks, they complain about keyboards, they complained about the dude using the steering wheel, now they complain about hitbox. soon someone will win with the mixbox and they will complain about it too.
it is as if a faggot complained he can't keep up with a gundam because he wants to use a fucking Zaku-1

First it wasnt a hitbox and second explain why pads are not cheating if original arcades did not design games with that in mind, why the fuck do i have to buy a $300 controller where i have to risk misinputing stuff and working harder when i can just press a button and my execution suddenly is 10x better and cleaner, you people are insane

Daigo still would've won if he's using a regular stick
Don't act like he's not the one of the faces of the FGC

>few years ago
>get fucking sticks poorfags stop playing on pads they're garbage
>now
>hitbox reeee when mechanical keyboards are cheaper than sticks and do the 'hitbox' thing

Having the bottom button as up/jump really messes with me. I'm too used to WASD.

Hitbox users have been cheating for years yet an action was only taken after Daigo used one.

SuperAkouma won a tekken major with hitbox lmao and more player than ever are starting to use it

there is the mixbox with WASD and Arrow Keys configuration

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Jesus, user, just play for a couple of matches and you realise how much better that jump button is.

>tfw windsurfing is put into its own class because a $2k setup can compete with $60million dollar sailboat
>Judges it's unfair that guy isn't even rich

Guess you're a grappler player.

It's far better there, sure it takes small adjustment, but you get it pretty quick once you're actually using it.

This is a product exclusively for retards.

>it's not cheating if it requires practice
That's not how it works.

Capcom announced their own stick a month ago so they're banning hitboxes because they threaten to obsolete their product

Attached: 1540838054762.png (554x554, 47K)

>This is a product exclusively for retards.
You mean shoto players.

>it's cheating because I say so
That's not how it works.

fighting games and their playerbases are incredibly autistic

How is this a response to what was posted?

It is if you're the person running a tournament.

why is Yea Forums such casual dick suckers when it comes to fighting games

Speaking of fighting games, why are Street Fighter V PS4 players such dicks? They either have crappy connection, or ragequit when they know they can't win. Or both.
t. PC player

Some it box can send left and right inputs at same time.
Game logic doesn't process that well and you get sonic booms while walking forward.
Can be fixed at game side, byt that implies patch.
Hitbox still get other advantages, like faster direction switching, but sticks also have some advantages, so with the multiple input fixed it's more of a uppy sidegrade (depending on game and char, grappling is still better on stick) rather than an upgrade. Well if you play tekken than it's straight better. Even without the bug.

will he stop sucking now

Attached: 1558408739855.png (360x360, 140K)

No tournament has banned Hitboxes in quite some time though, they only ever did because Marvel 3 was coded by retards.

It only works on older arcade versions I believe but normally holding back would just charge his moves and with a joystick you can only hold one direction at a time but with the buttons you can now push forward while holding back.
This allows guile to walk forward when pushing the forward button while your still holding the back button and still charging the move.
Now your able to play a rush down style guile with Sonic booms and flash kicks flying everywhere.

>using fight stick to cheat for ages
>complain about discount keyboard
laughingwhore.jpg

This thread is basically full of dumb retards

youtube.com/watch?v=JUu_tysoB70
youtube.com/watch?v=_MX_-42Twl4

>SFV is shoddily coded
wow who wouldve thunk

Don't other games have issue as well?

STOP shilling hitbox

he used the BASED gafrobox

Yes, but it's okay unless it's SFV.

The ones i play dont have that issue, t. keyboard only player.
However, daigo does use a modified pseudo hitbox so who knows, maybe it's a bug in the custom controller.

>t. keyboard only
t. Silver surfer / 3rd Dan

I like how this whole debacle has brought pathetic excuses from hitbox users, makers and vendors like "b-b-b-ut mine has a SOCD cleaner!" as if their solution is having players play on a intentionally handicapped products and as if people would actually check it in a tournament.

They should ban sticks too because they do multiple qcf and dp motions easier than pad