So how should the east coast in Fallout have been done?

So how should the east coast in Fallout have been done?

Attached: Washington_Monument.jpg (1920x1080, 912K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10493
youtu.be/aBv5VAA7u9U?t=27
youtube.com/watch?v=aPtAjvtJhf8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not. Fallout 2 should have been the final game in the series.

nobody likes shitty isometric games you old fogey

It is the final game in the series, Bethesda's Elder Scrolls Wasteland series has nothing to do with the Fallout series of games.

Fire Emil and get a writer who can actually write
Shit, Anthony Burch is better than that fuckwit

It was

Keep it simple, stupid.

Attached: YEWfLeJ6.jpg (852x852, 58K)

>Forgetting New Vegas exists
Okay user

simple, just change the names to accurately reflect which games are mainline and which are spinoffs

Attached: 1504735025371.png (758x948, 786K)

still bethesdshit, doesn't count

You're aware it was developed by Obsidian right? Even the engine it uses wasn't made by Bethesda

still bethesdshit, doesn't count
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
Those are the ONLY Fallout games, everything else is unrelated garbage
This is NOT up for debate

>Even the engine it uses wasn't made by Bethesda
blatantly false

Pull that trigger already, insect

it should have followed the fucking lore.

I'd tell you to kill yourself in return but being a shit eating bethesdidiot is a cruel enough fate as it is
At least mangle your hands in a meat slicer so no one has to suffer your idiocy on the internet anymore.

bethesda didnt make gamebryo but obsidian didnt start from scratch so both of you faggots are wrong
get the fuck off my board both of you
it's disgraceful, really

Cope

he got dabbed on, yeet

I like them.
Now fetch me something to eat, male.

Attached: Viconia_Portrait_SoD.png (210x330, 199K)

Thanks for playing, bethesdshart, last (you) for you

>everything else is unrelated garbage
Except that NV follows up with a similar setting and has direct references to plot points in the real FO games.

i was actually writing for my own enjoyment a retelling of Fallout 3. Except there are no Super Mutants. The same plot follows where you search for your missing dad who has left your vault. Project Purity is a red herring. It's a fake project that your dad was working on to mass purify water in order to gain access to the massive citadel Rivet City. Here, your dad is actually trying to recover research about a hidden Megaton bomb so your dad can disable it and study its components for a new energy source.

Meanwhile, throughout the game it is hinted at that you are being followed by another character who is much like you. You read his notes. You discover the places he's gone. You see the things he's done, how he has changed, how has grown stronger. The main antagonist is another Vault Dweller from a vault different than yours. He initially was going to the surface to study it and bring back supplies to his own vault. He has seen how hostile and unpredictable the surface life is. He has decided to protect his fellow vault dwellers by detonating the Megaton bomb and wiping out all life on the surface.

clean reboot

No Brotherhood.
No Enclave.
No Supermutants.
No GECK.

Attached: Fallout 3.jpg (619x1024, 218K)

Have the Enclave as a significant force, which although authoritarian and facist, is too entrenched and strong for you the player to take down, plus perhaps they provide some basic services to folks in their domain.

Have them painted as the power in the east that upon rising will assumedly, eventually butt heads with the midwest Brotherhood of Steel.

>tl;dr have the role the Brotherhood fills in Beth FO games, taken by the Enclave, though obviously less goody two shoes than the Beth Brotherhood

this.

> That's one of the things Bethesda's toolset makes very easy. It's super easy to make areas, super easy to modify, super easy to track assets, and it's pretty darn powerful. Look at this way: there's no way in hell that our team could have made Fallout New Vegas without that tool.

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10493

I would say this would be ideal, same setting and lore but generally do something completely new, however we see how shitty Bethesda is at making the series their own, eith their own lore and writing.

>They are working for an unknown third party, with simple orders: keep the Capital Wasteland a lawless disorganized place
Alright Yea Forums, which of you were responsible?

Attached: 8.jpg (1280x1961, 435K)

me
sorry lol

You could have kept Washington "relatively" intact by stating that an experimental missile defense system was used to stop a nuke over the city but irradiated it as a result and still made it uninhabitable.

The Soviet A-35 ABM system would have actually done something similar. It shot a nuke at an incoming nuke and detonated it in the upper atmosphere. It would spare the city from most of the blast but the radiation still would have drifted down after several hours.

fallout 3 was ok for a first try

new vegas nailed it on so many levels

Bethesda should have kept the rpg elements in the game, that's about it, maybe make some of the crafting less redundant.

they fucked up fallout 4 in the same way they fucked up skyrim, roleplaying elements removed, inflated numbers out the ass, no feeling of improving, perks were lackluster, when they could have been so much more interesting

thankfully some mods fix the retardation of removing all rpg elements

the story on the other hand, I dont know, fallout 4 was pretty fucked in that regard

I always found it odd that after 200+ years no one thought to try and rebuild society and instead just decide to make shanty towns that are barely a block wide

Why keep it intact?
People want to explore ruins not something they can already do in real life.

NV and 3 were made on Gamebryo, made by a separate company, Gamebase. The tools were modified to work specifically for 3 and NV, likely by Bethesda with help from Gamebase, but user is correct in saying the engine wasn't made by Bethesda

It would still be ruined after 200 years, just not nuclear blast ruined. Decay ruined.

This could be interesting paired with >Enclave secretly pays Talon Company to be organized raider assholes and raid settlements that the Enclave is trying to win over and annex
>Enclave swoops in to 'liberate' settlements from the mercs that they've paid to harass them
>usually works to sway settlements over to their side

Man, Washington in 3 fells like such a waste of potential.
Bethesda should've covered the whole map in the city. And I don't mean like when it's tucked in the corner of the map, like it was on release, but an actual megapolis, filled with ruined skyscrapers, with streets and districts built on top of them, and a regular street filled with toxic/radioactive mist on the bottom.
The only thing that comes close to this is The Pitt DLC.
Oh, and also Denver from VB, but that thing never came to be

Attached: 1549472266620.jpg (282x341, 44K)

Some green trees and plant life spread sparsely across the wasteland.
Wild fruit and vegetables that could be picked.
Wild mutated animals don't instantly aggro you from a mile away.
Not all of the water shouldn't have been radioactive.
Cities should have had visible farms and crops.
More enemy types/variety.
Better writing.
People that actually know how guns work should have designed the weapons like New Vegas did.
No green sky and filter.
The ability to use Science to repair robots and use them as followers.
The ability to use Explosives to bust open locked doors.
Total overhaul of Sneak and VATS to be less broken.
Raiders will not attack you on sight if you have evil karma.
Once becoming evil it should be extremely hard to become good again so no more giving water to hobos until you go from Stalin to Jesus.
Less forced happy Americana and more of this
youtu.be/aBv5VAA7u9U?t=27

Attached: 1529958545147.webm (602x624, 1004K)

I liked the verticality of Boston in F4, it's just a shame that it was only downtown Boston really, and of course that Boston itself was so small in game.

They tried that during development, the city parts of DC went east of the Potomac and also most of the inner city areas weren't tiny as fuck. They had to scrap this because consoles so everything east of Rivet City went bye bye

FO4's city is basically what they wanted to do with FO3's, and it's still not quite perfect just yet

I only have really.. Maybe 3-4 requests or demands for this piece of shit series anymore:

-Entirely remove the base buildings. It's shit and I hate it. The series can keep crafting (food, equipment, armor), and equipment/robot customization though, that's alright, that's fine- maybe even give it more depth now that you don't have to focus resources in shoe horning your awful fucking shitty base building content no one asked for.

-Cease with infinite do-nothing repeat ""chore"" quests and focus on actual story driven plots and quests. Fallout 4 had only 12 actual quests and 8 of them were just the plot.

-Take the current dialogue system with it's dumbed down, retard, pre-recorded dialogue and shove it waaay up your ass. Never do this again. Ever. It makes roleplay basically impossible and is probably why there's such a massive lack of content in Fallout 4 compared to New Vegas or even Fallout 3. Stop predetermining my fucking character.

-Playable Races? I wana say: Humans, Ghouls, Robots (Trons AND Synths), Super Mutants, and maybe Children of Atom? I think it'd be p. fuckin' neato- give um' each their own little open/vague origin story and starting location? Vault Dweller Human? Child of Atom Tribal? Super Mutant draggin' his ass out of a cave? Robot fresh off the abandoned assembly line? You know?

Attached: 75de861b9caa9a9d338120916b1ad625[1].jpg (691x597, 304K)

Skyrim's popularity was the beginning of the end. Bethesda realized they could shit out a garbage dumbed down mongoloid game and still sell. They overestimated their fanbase with F76 though.

They've been like this since Oblivion.

>-Playable Races?
Idk I think that would just stifle the game like voiced protag did. Being able to become a Ghoul at some point like becoming a vampire in TES could probably work but everything else is a stretch.

I think you mean oblivion. It cut a bunch of features and sold well, then Fallout 3 cemented the idea by cutting even more with a complete lack of effort in writing and sold well too
76 was obviously a step too far but if they hadn't fucked up some visible things like the horrendous bugs and outright lying with the preorder bonuses, then normalfags would be eating it up just as much as they always do

I like the idea of playable races, however a lot of the ones you listed, really should just be things you can become if you are human and fill certain requirements.

Really, races should just be, human and robot.

Oblivion had better quests, actual stats and a far superior magic system. Skyrim is just randomly generated dragons and ice zombies the game.

rank the fo3/fnv DLCs

>better quests
agree
>actual stats
streamlining of morrowind which was streamlining of daggerfall
>far superior magic system
streamlining of morrowind which was streamlining of daggerfall

Pitt > Lookout > Broken Steel >>> Zeta > literally playing with feces > Anchorage

OWB > LET GO > Honest Hearts > Lonesome Road
I feel like I'm the only person on Yea Forums who likes Lonesome Road, but the others are better overall anyway

Because DC would have been hit directly by nukes and would just be a flat field, nothing would be there to make it "DC"

It'd be ruins from decay anyway

Gamebryo engine is just for 3d graphic, not for all. Beth games owe its 3d graphic to gamebryo but that's all.

Dead Money is the only good NV DLC.

>So how should the east coast in Fallout have been done?
Not in a city. Fallout 3 is 1/8 city, Fallout 4 is 1/4 city. Fallout shines the best in open areas.

That's one thing that bothers me about a fallout on the east coast. In a MAD scenario DC would literally cease to exist. It would just be a massive crater. I didn't like how there were scorpions, molerats, deathclaws and super mutants on the east coast either.

First of pull the timeline way back. There is no reason for it to still be so trash that long after the bombs.
All the new fallouts have this problem. By the time fallout 4 takes place, 200+years after the bomb the world should look like the colonial days. Woods everywhere and people living off them and simple farming

I unironically think the New Vegas DLCs are superior to the base game. I feel they had more freedom which resulted in some unique gameplay scenarios (like in Dead Money and Old World Blues). The writing is also better in the dlcs

Good taste.

Attached: moira.jpg (564x764, 64K)

I think West Virginia should have been the setting for Fallout 3. You have all these wildlife that could have made for some interesting creatures (rather than reusing ones from Fallout 1 and 2, which doesn't even make sense lore wise) and a post apocalyptic forest setting would be new for Fallout. Unfortunately they botched it with Fallout 76

I don't like the idea of playable races.

Ghouls and Supermutants are not some post-apoc equivalent of Elves and Dwarfs.

why would someone remake a picture but worse.

Attached: 1532238491801.png (711x960, 1.12M)

Florida will always be the best new fallout setting

>Dystopian Heart of Darkness Disney area
>Hick cannibals
>Kennedy Space Center
>mutated crocs/manatees
>hovercraft
>Standard rubble cities
>Neo-Confederate plantations with slaves

youtube.com/watch?v=aPtAjvtJhf8

This is one of the dumbest factions in gaming much like those gunners in fallout 4.
>Mercenaries
>that just kill everyone on site
>even you the player when you have no fame yet
>their motives are never explained
>Is the enclave hiring these mercs to take over the wasteland from behind the scenes before their takeover?
>Nah they're just evil... cause evil...

oblivion still had redeeming qualities, would have liked to see more spells and things of that nature that were in morrowind, more unique weapons, everyone can agree that the enemy leveling in that game was pure trash, once you got to level 40 you couldnt even explore, because everything in the game was more powerful than you

with morrowind I could never get past the fatigue system and the fact that my sword wouldnt hit people when I swung through them, if those 2 things werent in the game it would be great

bethesda story telling, all the cool shit and actual explanations are behind the curtain

talon company at least has some place in the game as they arent literally everywhere, so they can be kept mysterious

the gunners are literally the main population of Fallout 4, you're never told why they do what they do, the sheer number of them make it far worse

"bethesda story telling" only applies to Elder Scrolls, since that has actual writers involved. Fallout is left up to Emil who is unironically one of the worst writers in the AAA industry right now

>He has decided to protect his fellow vault dwellers by detonating the Megaton bomb and wiping out all life on the surface.
That wouldn't work. One bomb wouldn't cover enough area.

biggie smalls posters instead of 2pac posters

I think the explanation for that was that DC was a primary target and therefore got hit a lot harder, so there wasn't as much for the people there to work with.

>Raiders will not attack you on sight if you have evil karma.
I'm not sure about that one. Just because you're evil doesn't mean you're one of them.

>They tried that during development, the city parts of DC went east of the Potomac and also most of the inner city areas weren't tiny as fuck. They had to scrap this because consoles so everything east of Rivet City went bye bye
They couldn't just break it up into different cells somehow?

Maybe they're too intimidated to attack you

Well in Fallout 2 if you did something really bad like kill children word will get around and people will hate you for it. I think if you have very evil karma the raiders would get word of it.

cause you are too slow to react to actual danger
you sit there and look up guides and walkthroughs how to beat dad games

Gunners are also ridiculously well equipped for someone who’s operating mainly in a shithole like nuked Boston. Having some elite merc faction could work in something like New Vegas where there’s clearly larger powers, more population and money in the play (eg. imagine NCR hiring some merc squads to reinforce the dam’s defenses, much to chagrin of those NCR soldiers who see those mercs as moralless shitbags), but in 3 and 4? It’s such a shitty idea that doesn’t fit the game world at all.

>Cease with infinite do-nothing repeat ""chore"" quests and focus on actual story driven plots and quests.
That would require a whole new writing team.

>Take the current dialogue system with it's dumbed down, retard, pre-recorded dialogue and shove it waaay up your ass. Never do this again. Ever. It makes roleplay basically impossible and is probably why there's such a massive lack of content in Fallout 4 compared to New Vegas or even Fallout 3. Stop predetermining my fucking character.
I agree that the voiced protagonist and predetermined background should go, along with limiting you to four dialogue options at any given time. On the other hand, I think they should keep the cinematic dialogue camera as an option. I prefer that over doing the dialogue in first-person. First-person should also be an option, though.

That could apply to a good character too, though.

Yeah, but the fact remains that not every evil person is on the same side. On the contrary, evil groups often fight among themselves, because evil is selfish and greedy by nature.

Wasteland was the last good Fallout game.

If you're the biggest baddest evil motherfucker in the wasteland the raiders will fear you too.

Honestly thet should fear you dependong on your visible equipment.
It's retarded to mug a guy in power armor and a mirv fatman, but maybe we could try our luck mugging that guy wearing cheap brahmin clothing.
It wouldn't be hard to implement and it would also work in elder scrolls

I wish Bethesda got their hands on Fallout earlier so we could have had one based on Morrowind instead of oblivion and Skyrim.

>I wish Bethesda got their hands on Fallout earlier
I wish they didn't get their hands on Fallout whatsoever

Attached: 1549798262701.jpg (600x600, 45K)

I wish I could have sex ):