What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Attached: F0F2A89B-DEFA-473D-B073-1795A92EF682.jpg (355x220, 9K)

the reveal.

Shitty marketing, and Nintendo has honestly always had rough time with home consoles. They've made actual profit only with Wii and handhelds since SNES.

i enjoyed mine and still play it

Woah, the dreamcast 2.

RTS games would have been amazing on it btw, a shame they never ported any

Software was there, but it had an early drought killing release momentum. Hardware was not seen as desirable. Marketing did a terrible job at advertising exactly what it was. A fuck ton of people thought it was just a Wii peripheral

Marketing. Everything else went right, but it was too late

The marketing and anti-consumer practices like region lock and hardware-locked purchases.
No games and no future.
Hopefully everyone in charge of marketing this shit got fired.

>They've made actual profit only-

No. they made profit on all their consoles. Even Gamecube.

nothing.
Best console to Hack Ever!

Attached: happy lombax.jpg (1080x600, 69K)

Pretty sure gamecube and N64 profited

A nightmare team of developers always has Nintendo in charge of marketing.

best emulation machine if you want to play nintendo games

Everything. Marketing was shit but the games were the most soulless shit ever released by Nintendo, and it had no third party support. Only good thing it had was The Wonderful 101

The name didn't do it any favours

The control is fucking shit.

Name was shit and the graphics sucked

the blacks and also women killed it

I bought it

Fuck all games.

>spoiler
huh, never really thought about it but you're right
>Hopefully everyone in charge of marketing this shit got fired.
if you look into it it's clear that they pretty much did, nintendo's main PR team was almost entirely axed and replaced with new people sometime around 2015/2016. Right before the initial Switch reveal and the significantly better marketing strategy they've had ever since. The Wii U is the perfect example of how NOT to market a console, it's so bafflingly bad that I genuinely can't think of anything else that could've gone wrong with its marketing.