Why does the West loves "realistic" combat so damn much?

Why does the West loves "realistic" combat so damn much?

youtube.com/watch?v=20RYQ0upKPU

That pretty much looks like all the shit you see in Western games, this "oooooooh so brutal" cinematic "john wick" style of fighting. How come the West doesn't do any more God of War style combat? Fuck even that DmC reboot was better, water down cuhrazay is still better than this fake ass john wick shit. The Last of Us 2 is more of the same, fucking shitty fake realistic john wick garbage. Fuck. Where's our Western DMC 5 game?

Attached: fuck the west.jpg (960x407, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4XqN_hMlFyY?t=590
youtube.com/watch?v=OPStdMRxnfo
youtube.com/watch?v=KvMWEsejG2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=4wFg7iMFNXQ
youtu.be/tdR4AOThe68?t=48
youtube.com/watch?v=_tysaJyJ1hA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because Japanese people love FUN, while Westerners are obsessed with realism because they are terrified of seeming "childish".

I blame John Wick

btw the movies all suck ass compared to The Raid

Anime is better than both

Why do you like dumb anime bullshit so much? Do you honestly believe it's inherently more fun or are you at least self aware enough to know you just prefer it because you are a weeb?

Anime is fun, how is realistic fighting fun?

anime allows for more and more fun gameplay mechanics, realism doesn't since it has to be scripted to work

You are an hrt user

No, that's people who prefer westaboo shit

Well, clearly we are talking about third person melee combat here because that's all Japan can do. Whether it's realistic or not it's all the same timed button presses from everyone. The only reason you think Japan does it better is because you prefer their dumb anime bullshit presentation.

It straight up plays better, retard. Try the combat in Last of Us or any other Western third person game and compare it to stuff like dmc. Japanese stuff flat out plays better, controls better, and takes actual skill.

why do people like things that I do not like?

kek this is probably the reason desu, it's sad.

You have to have low brain cels to genuinely like the combat in shit like the last of us over japanese game combat.

The Last of Us and 90% of western third person games are shooters. DMC is a hack n slash

yeah but japanese game combat actualy requires skill and requires you to learn how to play the game with all its rules and mechanics and so on, it's more fun, but requires a slight investment.
whereas games like the last of us are marketted for normies who think they're gamers because they casually consume some of the media, they probably think they're movie buffs because they casually go to the cinema.

>it's another NIPPON BANZAI weaboo circlejerk thread
You're the faggots that probably think SAO is good just because the fighting isn't "realistic"

Truly insane how unoriginal this post is

Last of Us has melee, and it's garbage. DMC has shooting and it's actually not shit. Try again. Last of Us 2 has more melee combat as well, and what a shock, it's even more shit

youtu.be/4XqN_hMlFyY?t=590

>japanese game combat actualy requires skill
>turn based RPGs
>require skill
L
E
L

You are fat and gay. And you licking my penis

it sounds more like you just dont like John Wick

Realistic fighting is boring as shit, if you like it so much why play or make games, why not watch ufc or get into real fights?

Try playing Devil Third or something then come back here and talk about the gameplay is obviously so much better and more fun than CoD
Weeb shit has made good RPGs and character action games, I don't think I have ever played anything that comes even close to being as fun as Tribes Ascend nor have I ever seen any of you cockgobblers talking about skill bring up anything that's even close to the level of depth that something like Dota has

>implying trannies don't fucking love anime
Shimakaze and Astolfo are popular for a reason user.

>tactics and strategies aren't a skill
tell that to all the great generals who's names are written in books over a thousand years old.

You're getting mad because a survival game, made by Naughty Dog who are not known for cuhraazy maybe besides a Jak game, is nothing like Devil May Cry. Which itself is in an entirely different context. I can understand getting mad that the Last of Us is boring shit, but comparing it to a hack and slash makes no fucking sense.

Even then Max Payne 2 and FEAR show off how the west was able to do what you're bitching about.

Attached: 1549865797348.webm (954x400, 1.93M)

>TLOU has melee combat this means it's about melee combat
>DMC has guns that means it's bout gun combat

We both know your wrong and acting like a faggot so stop doing it

What? This combat isn't reminiscent of John Wick in the slightest. Have you seen the movies?

>casting water or a burning lizard for 9000000000% damage increase to 1 hit kill it makes you a tactical genius
The only good thing to come out of twich was the pokemon chat LP that finally and definitively proved that anything weebshit can be beaten by random button mashing

>definitively proved that anything weebshit can be beaten by random button mashing
wrong, just try to button mash your way through literally any nes or snes jap game, can't.

I hate John Wick. I hate how John Wick looks. I hate how he fights. I hate his movies. I hate how normies jerk off over that trash. Oh the cinematrography is so amazing! Oh the fight scenes are superb! Oh it's soooooooooo stylish! Fuck off, no it isn't. It's boring drab realism taking place at night in fucking nightclubs and dark city streets. It's not uniquely interesting to look at at all, it's basically cyberpunk without the cyber or the punk, or vampire the masquerade without the vampire or a masquerade. Just some dude killing people in a fucking night club and city streets, but oh, oh, they wear suits! They wear suits, and barely say a word, and try to look badass and cool, and omg the club has red lights, and red lights, and orange lights, oh man, so stylish so stylish put that dickin my mouth joe, get it all in there, get it ALLLL IN THERE!

Fuck John Wick, Fuck the West, and fuck Western games trying to be John Wick.

The only games that require actual tactical and strategic ability are all made by westerners, but please enlighten me on all the great RTS and 4X games Japan has made.

DONT YOU POST THAT FUCKING JOHN FUKCING WICK IN MY FUCKING THREAD GODDAMMIT FUCK JOHN WIKC FUCK HIM FUCK HIM FUCK HIM

I never thought the movies were kino but now they're based for causing schizos like you to sperg out. Also name 1 game that's like John Wick, I want to play it later after my torrent is done.

this^anime is fucking shit its all about over exaggerated action with dumb and generic characters.even the actual japanese people hate it

Watch he’s gonna complain that those games are either shooters.

>yeah but japanese game combat actualy requires skill and requires you to learn how to play the game

Oh, fuck off with this bullshit. Even bamham games require some level of skill and knowledge of how to play to beat them. Or maybe you are referring to base difficulty in which case you can still fuck off because Jap games are just as easy as western games.

Dota doesn't come close to the complexity and depth of trying to play DMC games at a high level. Also Dota's action sucks, there's no hutstun so you can be attacking someone and they can hit you anyway as if you didn't touch them.

You're forgetting about how there had to be a voting system made in order to progress at all.

user you seriously need help.

play some mordhau and chivalry and tell me a japanese game has a better combat system than those games

Splinter Cell: Conviction

I’d say most games have better combat than Chivalry.

Everytime I see an OP like this i'm reminded of SUPERIOR LIMB BASED COMBAT guy. Are you him? Has he returned to us?

see a therapist fucking shizo

Anime is shit? Oh really? You know what is shit? John Wick. That's right, John fucking Wick is SHIT. It's shit, it's shit, it's SHIT. Oh, the cinematography, oh it's so amazing, oh look at it. Look at it? It's fucking dogshit. You want some cinematography, watch some good cutscenes in DMC 3, 4, and 5. THAT is cinematography crafted by people who know action. Not John Wick. Oh look, going to the club, gonna shoot some guys in suits while wearing a suit, oh man so slick so stylish, oh man so badass so cool, get that dick in there,get it all in my mouth joe, get it all IN MY MOUTH.

Literally hating it because it's popular. Couldn't be more brainlet.

hand to hand brawler combat can be done well, the stupid edgy tryhard shit in that video just does it poorly.
youtube.com/watch?v=OPStdMRxnfo

No longer based for copy/pasting your other post. Everyone knows how long you took last time schizo.

Attached: 1536327923128.webm (954x400, 1001K)

Michael?

are you going to argue about it with solid evidence and examples or just gonna be a dumb radical weeb fucking nigger?
because there is no japanese game that surpasses the combat system of these games in anyway,

The West can't design good games. You're just realizing this?

>hatchet hits man in head
>no impact force, just falls over dead like he fell asleep
I knew this movie was shit when I watched it, but dissecting it under replay will prove how bad it is.

It don't hate it because it's popular, I hate it because it's overrated shit, and braindead idiots eat it up, and the game industry tries to emulate it.

OH MAN LOOK AT ALL THIS CINEMATOGRAPHY OH MAN LOOK AT THE BLUE HUES AND THE GREEN CONTRASTED WITH SOME RED TO MAKE IT STYLISH OH MAN KATANAS AND BIKES OH MAN ITS UNDER A BRIDGE AT NIGHT HOLY SHIT A BRIDGE BUT LATE AT NIGHT IN THE DARK SEE THE LIGHTS OVERHEAD OH MAN SO SLICK SO SLICK SO STYLISH GET THAT DICK IN THERE GET IT IN MY MOUTH AWWW YEAH I NEED IT IN MY MOUTH JOE

Attached: wick.gif (846x352, 2.49M)

What has John Wick ever personally done to you, obviously he didnt kill your dog

Attached: 1536630703921.gif (300x168, 732K)

>and the game industry tries to emulate it.

Name 1 game that has.

You hate it because it's popular, and you type like a 13 year old.

I’m getting a little tired of the WEST BAD JAPAN GOOD brainlet thinking that has plagued Yea Forums, especially recently. Yes, everyone knows that western AAA is dogshit but then extrapolating that to all western games in general is ridiculous. It gets retarded when this is coupled with a belief that Japan can do no wrong, despite shit like every Compile Heart game or FFXV existing.

this is honestly a great point even if I do think people who play Nintendo over the age of 18 should be roped

See this? See THIS? THIS is fucking KINO. Not John Wick. John Wick wishes it could be like Yakuza. Holy shit this is awesome, fuck!

>John Wick is realistic

Said not a single person on earth except OP.

Attached: OP.jpg (800x1440, 135K)

If you can appreciate different flavors you shouldn't talk about taste

Devil May Cry 3, 4, and 5
Bayonetta 1
The Wonderful 101
Metal Gear Rising
Vanquish

Need I go on?

Did John Wick fuck your mom

I only mentioned Chivalry because I think Mordhau is great you mong.
But yes, I think Ninja Gaiden Black has better combat than either.

I'm guessing he's talking about strictly multplayer medieval games.

All it's going to take really is a japanese developer to make a battle royal with Apex Legends Polish with guns, katanas with weeb shit to shit on the entire market.

>Western AAA and asset flip brainlet scantily design good games
ftfy

Cyberpunk 2077 is trying to emulate John Wick, but with futuristic shit

The new Spiderman game has elements of Wick in there, with you fighting dudes in a city at night time in urban areas

The Last of Us 2 combat system is straight up lifted from Wick

It's not a great point. The west is currently obsessed with capeshit. The notion they are afraid of being seen as 'childish' is patently bullshit.

No developer either has the skill (SE), means (Capcom), or ambition (Nintendo) to do something like that.

Fuck you, FF XV is a damn good game. Know the irony? John Wick ripped it off. That's right. John Wick ripped off the style and aesthetic of FF XV, but removed all the cool fantasy stuff and replaced it with boring generic urban city at night shit. Seriously watch a clip of John Wick and notice how similar it is, except it's shit. John Wick movies are basically FF XV but with shit fights and shit looking characters and a setting that looks like Insomnia but shit. John Wick even looks like an ugly version of adult Noctis.

Couple this with the fact that a lot of western games have recently been using a

>Cyberpunk 2077 is trying to emulate John Wick
user, I dont think John Wick invented Non-shakycam gun fighting

The new Spider-Man game rips off more from Prototype. Also FFVII remake is also ripping off John Wick with that logic.

Also the existence of this argues the idea that Japan loves John Wick, which they do.
youtube.com/watch?v=KvMWEsejG2Q

>derp
using an off brand Pixar style like Overwatch and Fortnite.

I guess, but the Japanese where I live love Apex and R6, they are starting to love western games a lot more. When cloud streaming and 5g internet introduce itself into the market the mobile normies will pour in.

>mashes attack
>combos a literal sponge mobs
>"wow what a great combat system"
kek kys

The japanese eat up multiplayer shit like no other country. It's funny how OP is mad about tacticool shit when they love Fortnite and Rainbow 6.

No. John Wick is just overrated trash.

You know what I mean. Japanese style is crazy all over the walls and stuff. Western style is this fake wannabe realistic shit like John Wick where it's a boring ass realistic setting with boring realistic fights with some dumb shit slapped in now and then to try and make it seem cool and stylish, when it's shit. This is also why I hate Kojima, because he has the John Wick mentality, instead of going all crazy, he wants to do this subdued ass fake realism wick style trash. Look at what Metal Gear Rising was gonna be before Kamiya had to save it, it was gonna be John Wick style fake realism westaboo shit. Based Platinum saved that game. But now Death Stranding. Man is that gonna be shit, it's gonna be John Wick with surrealism shit.

Fuck you, fuck Kojima, fuck John Wick, fuck the West and fuck Naughty Dog Santa Monica Stduos.

Sounds like he fucked your mom

FUCKING THIS

was it autism?

Kamiya had nothing to do with MGR.

Resident Evil has always been westaboo trash.

You're right. Capcom idolizes the west. But i wonder what other series has been influenced by them...

Ok now let me do western game combat

>mashes attack
>clunky controls prevent half your moves from even coming out, the other half come out but are aimed in the wrong direction, they land anyway due to shit hitboxes and bad quality control
>does a "combo" ie scripted 3 hit strike against a single enemy, slow as fuck to watch and do due to endlessly long startup and recovery animations you can't cancel out of for a true cinematic experience
>wow what a great combat system, it looks and feels so real, like my John Wick movies!"

Btw, this is why Mortal Kombat 11 sucks, instead of making a fighting game they tried to make John Wick fight scenes but with ultra violence, hence why it looks clunky and shitty and isn't fun to play

>more fun gameplay mechanics
>literally juggling and floating numbers in every single animu game

DMC 5 only flaw is them using realism westaboo style for the setting and characters and not anime like the previous games. DMC 6 needs to be full on cel shaded anime.

Last of Us is not a hack and slash game you absolute retard.

Yo I think John Wick fucked this guys mom

You are the only person on the planet to compare a fighting game to John Wick, when Max Payne did it first decades ago. Go play more games zoomer.

Ask Capcom for a new Viewtiful Joe.

anime style allows for crazy cancels to extend combos, western style means you slowly attacking as you can't do hit to interrupt the long as fuck cinematic animations made by cuckolds

The melee combat is still shit, faggot. How about you focus on that? That's the other thing, you westaboo john wikc dick suckers defend shit combat, I always demand high standards from my game's combat.

>it's nnnnot a hack n slash it has to play like shit

Fuck you.

>crazy cancels
Nobody thinks this. You have never played Devil May Cry. Why are you LARPing so hard?

severe autism

Personally I enjoy both realistic and fantastical fighting in media
I believe the main reason people like realistic fighting is due to suspension of disbelief. Not in regards to the possibility of the physical action, but in regards to thematic structure and plot. Naturally we know we are watching fiction, but we try to get engrossed to preserve any sense of uncertainty in story progression. When fights are "realistic" (or atleast appear so) its easier to forget you are watching a written story, where the outcomes are guaranteed.
One of the major flaws of fantastical fight scenes is its propensity to shatter any suspension of disbelief in regards to it being a written story where everything is determined by the author, this also aligns heavily with power creep. A fine (or terrible) example of fantastical fights is DBZ, where characters throw progressively bigger light shows at each other, by mere virtue of screaming louder, not by any cleverness of the writer. This is well and good as spectacle, but it is by no means compelling, and lends itself to viewer weariness as every fight happens virtually the same way. Tropes become tiresome, and all hope of surprise vanishes. Furthermore it no longer feels like "character won due to (reason)" but instead feels like "character won because author wanted them to win". Naturally whatever character wins is ALWAYS because the author wanted that character to win, but the audience can ignore/forget this with appropriate writing/choreography.

Attached: GokuSpiritBombKidBuu.png (704x396, 140K)

all fighting games are bad anyway.melee slashers are much better as a genre and they keep evolving in the recent years while the combat games from japan are on a decline since they dont have a proper indie support

Max Payne is fucking trash and plays like shit. Thank you for proving my point, John Wick fucking sucks. and would suck in video game form.

youtube.com/watch?v=4wFg7iMFNXQ

So much if that is possible due to being able to cancel animations, something western games don't allow due to it ruining their cinematic experiences.

I don't think this guy likes John Wick very much.

user. You haven't even played the games you're arguing for. Anyone that's played DMC knows what they're talking about whereas you keep pulling buzzwords out of your ass.

Why are you wasting energy replying to a shitposter?

The only point to this thread is to shit on John Wick for (You)'s

Wtf are melee slashers? Hack n slash? That's what JAPAN makes, not the West. The West makes cinematic faggotry so people can pretend to be John Wick.

I'm not arguing that cancels don't allow for creative gameplay, I'm saying that user is a larping retard who doesn't even know what's he saying anymore.

>anime style allows for crazy cancels to extend combos

That's what makes Jap games so easy. And it's why people thought souls games were so had. Any game that forces you to think about what you are doing and commit to it, i.e. most western games, is inherently more challenging than any game that lets you just mash buttons and instantly cancel whenever you want, i.e. most Jap games.

The west objectively produces more challenging games than Japan. The only people who think Japan makes the best games are weebs who are impressed by flashy particle effects and extravagant nothin' personal, kid animations. And it's ironic that those very same people criticize the west for "long as fuck cinematic animations made by cuckolds"

have you ever fought in real life?
you would know why its fun

You are a legit autist, right?

Ok, but consider this. Realistic settings are inherently boring and a waste of the movie and video game medium. Imagine having the technology to literally create worlds at your fingertips. To defy reality, to do the impossible and show the impossible. And imagine wasting that gift, that gift, that precious fucking gift, so you can make a movie or a game about guys fighting in some city at night. No, not some crazy fantasy city full of cool shit like crystal powered computers and flying cars and shit like that. No, an ordinary city like the one you're in now. But its guys in suits, fighting in a nightclub, or on a bridge. or a rooftop, or a warehouse. How boring is that? You, with the power to create so much fantastical shit, and you use to to make THAT? It's disgusting. Like lucid dreaming and instead of dreaming up some insane fantasy land, you dream up yourself at a fucking seafood restaurant eating a goddamn lahbstah. Wtf?

hack n slash is boring braindead mashing of an attack button where as slashers are tactical and skill based

Your opinion isnt fact.

>stuff like dmc
Where enemies are just glorified punching bags?

If only there we were in a world where thousands of games exist, all with different worlds and gameplay to appeal to us. Are you just mad that a handful of games weren't made for you?

I fought irl, and not it wasn't fun, it was boring as shit.

>some guy talks shit, gets in your face
>he shoves you, you shove him back
>he moves towards you to punch
>you get hit in the face, you punch him back
>you both punch each other a bunch of times real sloppily
>one of you grabs the other guy and puts them in a headlock
>the fight ends

Wow, so exciting. Meanwhile japanese game fights I can

>dash towards my enemy
>do a combo
>cancel the end of my combo animation into a launcher to send them up
>jump up after them, comboing them in midair
>keep jump canceling my animations in midair to leap off of them and continue attacking
>finally do an attack that sends them back to the ground
>do more combos

Way more fun.

>every single game, especially The Last of Us ripped off John Wick, a movie that came out a year later than the game
This must be austism. Not Aspergers shit, but the real deal.

You're pathetic if you've seriously never done a launcher to someone irl.

It's insane and makes no sense though. Why create such a thing? Who goes to the theatre, sees John Wick and thinks "Yes, this was a good use of my money and time, watching some guy do things that I myself could do at anytime in real life right now." You can be John Wick right now, why watch a movie of it? Same for games. It's why gta makes no sense to me. You can live that shit irl. Go out, steal a car, drive along til ya find a hooker, get some ass, beat her up and take back your money.

Capeshit isn't seen as childish as shonen in the West as the result of successful Live action adaptation.

>cant launch people irl
lmaoing at your life loser

Attached: cromfy.gif (400x400, 48K)

Enemies in Western games are glorified punching bags but with retarded animations to make them seem cinematic.

Name a "slasher" game then.

You're definitely underage if you seriously believe people have this type of mindset on the daily.

Trolling used to be an art.

making too firm a cultural observation here

weeb culture often becomes something so painfully disassociated from reality, with adherents that are insufferable and stupid. On the whole the Japanese are very passionate and talented, but god some weebs are just total fucking faggots.

>You can be John Wick right now

Attached: 1523847242227.jpg (640x645, 93K)

>Anime
>Better than the raid
Nah

dark messiah, dishonored, chivalry and mordhau etc

>BUT OMGOSH BING BING WAHOO
>DISASSOCIATION FROM REALITY IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE

holy shit just shut up

Because western devs can't design gameplay for shit so they try to hide the simplistic garbage they put up with shinny effects.

>someone killed a dog
>now let me genocide this city

Is this what people consider good nowadays?

I'm 43 years old.

It's funny to see normalfags make observations like this in 2019

Fights in The raid dn't have crazy juggles and cool shit going on like anime fights

John Wick memery aside, it's funny that in old Yea Forums no one would actually even need to argue the point that western games are dogshit, but since we're dealing with the "the xbox 360 was my first console and I grew up with it!" nu-Yea Forums, people get butthurt. There was actually a time when the military circlejerk of the 7th gen was shunned upon, now it's praised by Yea Forums zoomers.

Attached: 1536463971596.gif (200x200, 1015K)

All the Russian bastard had to do was keep control of his stupid kid.
But noooo he's gonna go out, take this dudes car and kill his dog right after his wifes funeral

you embarrass all DMC fans

Did I strike a nerve you John Wick loving faggot? This is you

>OH JOHN WICK I LOVE YOU AND YOUR BADASS FIGHT SCENES OH MAN KILL THEM ALL REVENGE FOR DOGGO OH MAN YOURE FIGHTING UNDER A HIGHWAY BRIDGE AT NIGHT IN A CITY OMG ITS SO CYBERPUNK AND KINO HOLY SHIT I CANT GET THE TASTE OF DICK OUT OF MY MOUTH OH THE CINEMATOGRAPHY OH THE FILMING OH THE USAGE OF COLOR OH GET THAT DICK IN MY MOUTH JOE GET IT IN THERE GET IT ALL IN THERE JOE RIGHT MY MOUTH RIGHT IN MY FUCKIN MOUTH JOE

Attached: John-Wick-02-JW3_D35_12255_R.jpg (2160x1280, 581K)

Is that what your mom moans

Nice projecting.

I actually didn't watch it past the point where he starts going on a rampage after they killed the dog because I found this plot unfathomably stupid. Do they at least revisit the past and add more actual reasons to it or is this really a series of a guy literally going on a genocidal streak because some dog he just got died? And how do you even got more than one movie out of this comically dumb shit?

It's funny how easy you can tell how much of a brainlet someone is if they seriously can't understand these stories, even if they're practically made for children.

>in old Yea Forums no one would actually even need to argue the point that western games are dogshit
That would be because in old Yea Forums almost nobody believed that so why would anyone argue it? We routinely had threads for the latest western games and they went fine. It's only nu-Yea Forums that has gone full blown weeb with this shit.
>There was actually a time when the military circlejerk of the 7th gen was shunned upon
You say shit like this but in old Yea Forums it was common to see unharassed Gear of War, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc., etc. threads. I don't think you are old Yea Forums. For fuck's sake, old Yea Forums fucking loved shit like Assassin's Creed. Now that stuff is verboten here. Instead we now have relentless weeb, incel and pol whining threads.

These braindead westaboo retards don't care, these same people eat up Kojima's hackneyed slop too. All they know is muh cinematography, muh usage of color, oh its so real, oh its so KINO, KINO KINO KINO GET THAT DICK IN MAH MOUTH JOE, GET IT IN THER,E GET IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLL IN THERE JOE

Then you wonder why western games like the last of us 2 are gonna have shit combat trying to be fake realistic like John Wick instead of actual fun shit like what Platinum produces. Same reason Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna be shit while Astral Chain will be an amazing game. One is gonna be gta john wick fake realism, the other will be anime and actually fun to play.

Sounds like a lot of cope because you like some retarded movie.

>john wick causes OP to rage like a faggot

Okay so basically John leaves the assassin business after doing one last big gig for this Russian dude, he basically helps give Russian dude power before leaving to be with the woman he loves. The woman ends up getting deathly ill and passing away, and as a final gift to John from her to help him mourn, she gives him a puppy so he wont have to be alone and sink back into the assassin world.
Russian dudes kid and his friends see John in his nice car and later attack him at his home, kill his dog and steal his car, which causes John to snap and hunt this kid down, having to go through armed forces sent by the Russian dude.

I just said the movie was made for kids pretty much. If you can't understand a story that's comparable to a kids cartoon, you're a brainlet.

>Do they at least revisit the past and add more actual reasons to it or is this really a series of a guy literally going on a genocidal streak because some dog he just got died?

It's ALL explained. The dog was a gift for him left by his dead wife. She knew John had a violent nature. She quelled that in him and she knew once she was gone he would struggle against it so she left him a dog to be a surrogate for her. You must be legit brainlet if you missed all that.

I'm not raging, I'm imitating his retarded fanbase you stupid wick loving faggot. get off wick's dick.

That's because "old Yea Forums" to you is 2012+ Yea Forums. FPS games were actively shat upon and Microsoft was the butt joke of the board. And nobody ever gave a fuck about COD here until people with MW2 nostalgia started showing up.

ok why the fuck did the russian kid and friends do this, didn't his dad tell him not to fuck with the guy?

Enjoying imaginative, unrealistic work is seen as childish. No self conscious individual would willingly allow themselves to enjoy something that could even possibly be interpreted as immature.

>why the fuck did the russian kid and friends do this
Because he's a spoiled stupid brat, his dad later punches him in the gut and calls him a stupid faggot for pulling such a stunt over John Wick of all people

>Russian dudes kid and his friends see John in his nice car and later attack him at his home
And they do this because...?

This. The west has no concept of how to make an action game. The fact that fucking DmC of all things (which a JP team consulted on) is the best "western" action game to date is tragic.

That is an incredibly barren major plot point.

People with that mentality are the ones who make edgy dumb reboots. Like Pokemon being some dark and gritty setting with young adults and kids participating in underground death matches with animals ala Michael Vick.

>tfw Ash bumps into Misty at an abandoned warehouse where his first Pokemon battle takes place

Because he's a stupid spoiled brat who thought John was a nobody with a nice car that the kid wanted.

Battlefield wasn't cancerous until after BF3
CoD wasn't cancerous until MW2 came out
Gears was always kind of made fun of, kind of liked
Ass Creed was half liked for being a fun new IP and half made fun of because of the "JADE'S GAME" shit, it wasn't widely shit talked until it became another soulless yearly AAA franchise
There's always context to this shit, western games aren't some black and white thing, there's always a decline where devs/publishers choose to chase profits/wider audiences over making good games

>russian mafia

for fuck sakes why is it always russians? what happened to the good old italian mafia?

Did you just miss out on an entire era of conflict that changed everything?

Second movie is Italians

No one likes gears. third person is garbage for shooters and gears is made for barafags

Really? Seems fine to me, John isnt a mentally sound person and someone from the assassin world that he helped build up comes in and kills his last thread of sanity

wait why are italians fucking with him now wtf

are they allies to the russians? who are the villains in the third, I swear to god it better not be chinese triads or yakuza

I can't recall a single western game from this gen that people talk about its gameplay and actually choose to replay it solely due to the combat for example. It's always some asinine circlejerk about its "omg2deep4u plot" with le ebin twist where you're meant to cry and that's it. Take witcher 3 for example, what a fucking dogshit of a game it is, but hey, it has great writing for a videogame and very interesting characters, so the fact it plays and controls like complete fucking ass get a pass. Even the reviews giving it a perfect score actually cite the combat being bad and controls lacking fluidity, but for the western audience graphics and MUH DEEP STORY are all that matter.

t. kept getting owned in insurgency so you scrambled back to your cookie clicker gacha game

"realistic" combat can be executed well or it can be executed poorly, same with cuhrazy Japanese shit. Look at For Honor for a good example of realistic combat done right

Attached: 1558679194692.jpg (751x607, 78K)

Yeah, I find it very lacking. It's "ok, so you were walking down the corridor and then suddenly the roof collapsed and killed your character, the end" tier of uninteresting and unimaginative.

>Take witcher 3 for example, what a fucking dogshit of a game it is, but hey, it has great writing for a videogame and very interesting characters, so the fact it plays and controls like complete fucking ass get a pass. Even the reviews giving it a perfect score actually cite the combat being bad and controls lacking fluidity, but for the western audience graphics and MUH DEEP STORY are all that matter.

Thank you. I can't stand how this board gives Witcher 3 a pass even though it plays like rancid dog shit. Fans will flat out tell you it plays like shit, then handwave it with "but its an rpg its supposed to have shit gameplay" These same faggots then shit on kingdom hearts, FF XV, or turn based jrpgs for their gameplay.

The difference is realistic combat executed well doesn't feel good or fun to play, it is what it is. Unrealistic combat is fun, feels good, looks good, and has tons of depth for you to do crazy shit with it.

>wait why are italians fucking with him now wtf
Basically once John is back in the business everyone wants a piece of him, he's one of the best assassins in the world and he owed this Italian dude a favor, an assassins code type deal which cant be broken, Italian dude has him kill his sister, who was high up in this assassin world hierarchy (this shit is fantasy, the world is basically ran by assassins), and afterwards to save face Italian dude backstabs John and starts sending people after him to kill him over killing his sister.
Third movie is hard to explain without vomiting text, there is a focus on these Japanese guys, but technically the whole world is after John in this one when the higher ups put a bounty on his head

Because realistic not only provides better challenge and presentation, it also doesn't create narrative plot holes and retarded disconnects because the characters can swing 500,00,00 tonne swords while backflipping at the speed of light.

Not to mention weebshit is devoid of any gameplay depth, challenge, or substance anyway. It just appeals to retards for throwing 900,000,000 braindead ai that don't fight back, flashy retarded aesthetics and attacks, and fanservice.

This. Look at shooters. Bulletstorm is unrealistic and tons of fun. Meanwhile Gears of War is realistic and feels like shit to play.

Your own problem I guess, these arent particularly deep movies and it's self aware about it

You just described warhammer 40k, is that weebshit?

The greatest lie Gears ever sold the public is that there's anything manly about cover shooters

They're both unrealistic and play like shit. Except one has a scoring system so it gives you the idea of creativity. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is completely unrealistic and it's one of the best FPS's from last gen.

It's put on a pedestal by reddit and with Yea Forums being nothing more than edgy r/gaming it's easy to understand why it's praised here.

>That's because "old Yea Forums" to you is 2012+ Yea Forums.
No. I remember Yea Forums's reaction to Assassin's Creed release so old Yea Forums for me is at least 2007.

the US military uses cover when fighting, you saying they aint manly? also name a shooter manlier than Spec Ops: The Line.

>God of War style combat
>good
fuck off faggot
even Last of Us and Batman are better than GoW

Correction, W40k lore is over the top. Actual game play is better than anything weebshit can conceive. I mean Christ, you faggot weebs praise and spend hundreds on gacha cancer. You retards are worse than CoD kiddies and FIFA fags.

>Meanwhile Gears of War is realistic
Are you retarded?

FEAR.

Look. I hate god of shit too, but its combat is better than last of us and bamham shit. Lets not kid ourselves.

>Actual game play is better than anything weebshit can conceive.

Oh really now?

youtu.be/tdR4AOThe68?t=48

Yeah that game defs beats japanese games like metal gear rising and bayonetta gameplay lmao

Ah yes, because western games, typically reffered to as movies, are the bold example of gameplay depth and SPECIALLY challenge when they are aimed towards the lowest common denominator, amirite? Western games are so fucking watered down some even have their easy modes giving you a pat on the back like that one garbage game saying something like "you can choose to play on this easy mode because at the end of the day you don't need to prove anything to anyone yadda yadda you're a champion here's your free trophy".

Literally the ONLY reason why games such as Dark Souls are heralded as extremely difficult is precisely because the west has gotten a tight hold of the industry since the advent of the 7th gen, when games became such a shallow husk of their former selfs that anything that didn't hold your hand like an infant like your standard western game was seen as "omg le hardest game evah xd".

If you ignore the retarded character designs, the gameplay is semi realistic. No crazy combos, launchers, juggles or crazy fast movement. Just slow beefy guys hiding behind cover and shooting a lot, then running in people's faces to beat them to death.

Sure does. Thanks for agreeing.

Respectfully that's a huge generalization and in many cases untrue. I think realistic combat allows the player to make more strategic, deliberate choices in a slower environment and that is fun in it's own way. That being said, unrealistic combat is fun too, usually in a more fast and hectic way. To each their own but I prefer enjoying both

The labels are unnecessary. Either way, the more fun comes from depth (of button variety and combos length).

Attached: Action Games - Example of Combos.png (500x804, 30K)

>Lowest common denominator
But those are weebs. Western games aren't appealing to those mouth breathing incels.

>if it doesn't have CUHRAZEE weebshit it's realistic

>lowest common denominator
>weebs
>common denominator
>weebs

Ladies and gentlemen, american education at its finest.

>Depth
Which is exactly why weebshit is creatively bankrupt and devoid of any substance. A total lack of depth.

This is hilarious, after having been to Japan, I can tell you that people there love realistic shit as much as everyone else. There's a fucking scene for Arma in Akihabara.

I was being sarcastic . Space marine doesn't even come close to a japanese third person shooter:

youtube.com/watch?v=_tysaJyJ1hA

Those people are compromised by western shit, they're westaboos. I'm talking about true Japanese.

Weebs are just Japan's lowest common denominator. But of course weebs are deluded and think the Japanese are some master race and superior to the west whereas anyone with sense knows Japan's lowest common denominator is worse than the west's lowest common denominator.

Attached: 1500605523588.jpg (340x340, 18K)

Yeah you're talking out of your ass more like. "True" Japanese live in the boonies without technology or access to the world outside Japan. Did you know Fortnite is currently the 2nd most played game in Japan?

>b-but japan

You're incredibly fucking stupid, aren't you? I'm talking about the lowest common denominator that W-E-S-T-E-R-N games strive for and you're now deflecting to Japan to save face after I pointed out you literally don't know what lowest common denominator means.

Exactly in line of what one would expect out of a zoomer defending western trash though.

No, that cannot be! Whats the number 1 most played game...

>2019
>nobody has made a spiritual successor to ONI
Why the fuck do I bother living.

Attached: 47-1.jpg (480x360, 46K)

>How come the West doesn't do any more God of War style combat?

BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING RETARDED, YOU WEEB FAGGOT

It's a marketplace asset you dimwit. It's adjustable and no one will be releasing a full game of it.
If you know your way around blueprints and understand the animation workflow you can speed it up, add some gay particle effects to the fists and make it as Naruto as you want.

So why do John Wick style combat? It fucking sucks just like his movies.

But you're a fucking idiot. You thought the only reason Souls was heralded as hard is because easy western games have a stranglehold on the industry but they don't have a stranglehold in Japan and the Souls games were considered hard there too. They were considered hard in Japan for the same reason they were considered hard in the west. Both your standard western AND Japanese game is easy as piss and very forgiving of button mashing and mistakes. Souls isn't. The only thing Japan does different to the west is dumb weebshit presentation, e.g. lots of extravagant particular effects, 'nothin' personal, kid' animations, waifufaggotry crap, etc., etc. Gameplay wise they have no more depth or challenge than the average western shit.

Why not go voice your complaints directly to the people? These shits makes hundreds of millions of dollars so go be a contrarian to the public.

Attached: 1537762310896.webm (300x400, 2.39M)

"realism" is a buzzword and people who complain about it in games don't actually know what they're complaining about

John Wick didn't invent its style of combat, you autist

Why? People should already know John Wick is garbage. They don't even care, they just love letting Hollywood splooge in their mouth.

If a game doesn't let me cancel movement and attacks and do juggles, its shit, end of story.

Just like how John Wick splooges into your moms mouth

Sounds more like you're a pussy to be frank. I'm more than happy to tell my coworkers that a movie they've seen is shit because it doesn't appeal to me.

Fuck you and fuck John Wick. Oh look guys, a balcony with a PILLAR, so artistic, muh cinematography, muh kino, muh KINO, so good, the color usage, OH GET IT IN MAH MOUTH JOE GET IT IN MAH MOUTH

Attached: wick.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

>If a game isn't just like one of my Japanese anime it's shit

And that's why people call you weeb.

Just another tourist from leddit that went to Yea Forums for an hour huh.

Yeah I bet your mom moans for John to get in her mouth

Those anime games allow for fun gameplay mechanics, realism does not, and again fuck John Wick.

>mobas with hitstun
lets never do that

>fuck John Wick.
I would if I could but your mom keeps him so busy these days

Hitstun makes for better combat, why should you be able to hit me as I am attacking you?

Because mobas are filled with characters that can deal damage constantly. It would just be a race to see who can hit the other person first. Imagine playing an RTS with hitstun on every unit.

haven't even seen john wick you fucking schizo

I saw a clip on youtube, it's fucking dogshit.

why are asians and weebs so insecure?

Like, if someone likes The Witcher or Jesus or any major western thing, their inclination is to be
>doh dissu dogshittu compared to superior asian fing
>*gets nuked*
>*gets run over by tank*
>*drives species into extinction*
>*works in sweatshop*

like if there were anything superior about asian people they wouldn't well, be asians.

It's funnier moreso because of how much western shit Japs love. Call of Duty is still immensely popular in Nippon and battle royale is still at it's highest over there.

I don't get this who the fuck is Joe

Hes fucking OPs mom

Western vidya blows on average because there's just less developers willing to cater to a niche audience here. The larger audience as a whole, probably even in Japan, isn't as willing to dive into escapism and wish-fulfillment as weebshit is. That's why western indie games is where you have to go if you want to play a good western game.
Take in to consideration that 90% of Yea Forums hates their lives and wants to get away from them and it should be obvious why they we prefer weebshit.

This place is so filled with weebs it makes me sick.
I bet there are "people" who post here who'd seriously rather play shitty anime waifu games like Devil May Cry instead of something decent like God of War.

Which God of War, the old good ones or the new shitty John Wick styled one?

Obsession with realism is the mark of someone with no imagination

Imagine being this mad about John Wick lmao

- user

not really.

Having any sort of ironclad philosophical rule on the role of "realism" in games is fucking stupid.

Only JW3 even tries to replicate The Raid and it's a homage so what a weird comparison.

Like saying Space Invaders is better than Nier Automata.

The old ones were probably good for their time, but have aged badly, I don't think I'd want to play any of them these days.

Vanquish exists. RE4 exists.

Max Payne exists. Dead Space exists. Grand Theft Auto exists. Uncharted exists. Gears of War exists. TLOU multiplayer exists.

lmao, imagine getting this triggered at someone saying they liked God of War's combat.

With
A
P E N C I L

YEAH, I'M THINKIN SHE'S BACK

Attached: ELLIE WICK.webm (960x540, 3M)

it's a good action flick
yeah I know americans take action movie too seriously

Because it's more entertaining to see and replicate visceral moves that one might see in an MMA fight than the ninth version of edgy Dante spins 1080 degrees while flashing

No, weeb, I mean competitively fought, or even sparred. Pulling off maneuvers which use body mechanics to their utmost efficiency, developed and refined since the time of ancient warrior is far more satisfying than some xsepiroth teleports behind u bullshit a hikkomori jap came up with in his basement

>57 posters
>247 replies
Fucking delusional retards, is ResetEra on server maintenance?

Attached: tfw.png (523x536, 420K)

You can do all that shit in Spider-Man, a recent western game.
You seem to mostly just be mad about the melee systems of western TPS games, where melee is just a secondary thing anyway

This is true
>muh tax policies

You're homosexual

Do you also believe people fly up in the air when blasted with shotgun?

Most games aren't Max Payne. DS is just RE4 in space. Shooting in GTA is bad. Uncharted shooting is bad. GOW gets old quickly. TLOU more like LOL.

It's all homogenized these days, tho

nobody except for dumb fat weebs like DMC, it's dumb, repetitive buttommashing

>it's dumb, repetitive buttommashing
That's literally every videogame in existence my dude, you're not doing anything but dumb buttonmashing

Why do they take turns attacking her?
It's really jarring to see one of them take a few swings before stepping back and the other one swings a few times and then steps back too.

What would you do? Stick a hammer through your buddy's head by accident?

I did not like John Wick 3 at all. 2 was already kind of boring but 3 is one of the most boring action movies I've seen.